VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 07:00:17 08/16/16 Tue
Author: The Cheap Seats
Subject: Re: DK Pittsburgh Sports
In reply to: rex peatram 's message, "DK Pittsburgh Sports" on 08:52:10 08/14/16 Sun

DK is not head and shoulders above Collier, Starkey, Zeise, Cook.

Maybe you like him better but those four are competent enough to keep my money in my pocket. I will argue that no one in this town holds a candle to Collier.

As a former subscriber, I do not miss the site at all. Between news updates in the car from The Fan, which would alert me to breaking news, and then the Trib and PG online versions, my sports appetite is satisfied and to be honest, my life is better without reading and participating in the DK comments section of every article.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: DK Pittsburgh Sports -- RobertoSan, 18:17:55 08/16/16 Tue [1]

The new guy Dustin is off to a bland start so far. Really bad timing for a change of beat writer because what I see from him so far is standard newspaper writeup type stuff. No real insight yet. it's not really his fault as it takes time to build relationships. But so far, the timing sucks because this has been one eventful offseason for the Steelers and DK 'z site has not been able to give it that extra attention.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: DK Pittsburgh Sports -- Third Brick, 06:50:09 08/17/16 Wed [1]

Why do you think he ran off to the Olympics? The less he writes about the Steelers, the less chance of being exposed.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: DK Pittsburgh Sports -- The Cheap Seats, 11:57:45 08/17/16 Wed [1]

Big difference between covering college sports ( Univ Tenn) as compared to the NFL and the Steelers. If you listened to DK when he announced his hiring, it was like he was adding Peter King to the staff. But that is his schtick - he acted like Jason Mackey was head and shoulders better than Coolong and keep going back thru all the hires, that is what he does and his fandom just sucks it up.

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.