VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]2345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 01:18:22 01/12/09 Mon
Author: Helen
Subject: Doomed?
In reply to: Alex 's message, "I think the breed is doomed!!!" on 13:03:32 01/11/09 Sun

Surely there must be some of the approved stallions of the baroque type that would be worthy of your consideration, they are not all 'sporty'. My gelding is by Olof 315, an older stallion who it seems is known for producing smaller shorter backed dressage type horses. If mine is anything to go by then its true, he is 15.1hh and almost square!

The point I'm trying to make is that if you produce horses of this type within 'the system'it must be better than doing your own thing. At least with full papers they can be taken to the grading (so what if you don't get ster)and lovers of the baroque type can show what their horse can do. This must be better than sitting on the sidelines with a horse that can't participate because its by a non-approved stallion. I would prefer to be 'in the club' showing my beautiful baroque and hopefully gaining converts to his type, than not being in the club at all.

As for your thoughts about 'backhanders', I must agree that there is a strong possibility of that where money and human nature come into play.

The same problem is no doubt at the root of the hereditary illness issues. People will not admit that their stock have one of these issues as it will lose them money, its understandable, especially if its their livelihood at stake. What is the answer to this? Should the FPS have a system whereby owners must notify them of cause of death of all registered frieisians and this must be verified by a vet? With this data, over time, the extent and source of the problems would emerge. This is just a random thought (more petrol).

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.