VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 15:37:11 08/30/12 Thu
Author: Lisa Hamblin
Author Host/IP: host-72-51-181-148.newwavecomm.net / 72.51.181.148
Subject: Re: help with placing markers
In reply to: cindy barnes 's message, "help with placing markers" on 15:30:25 08/28/12 Tue

>I am trying to follow a pattern and i am very confused
>- first round is sc across and do not join (I am doing
>a cocoon) place marker which I did.
> Rnd 2 sc in both loops of next sc (sc in front loop
>of next sc, sc in back loop across to marked sc (so I
>am guessing this is to the end) then it says 2 sc in
>both loops of each next 2 sc, move marker to second sc
>of 4 sc just made, (sc in front loop only of next sc,
>sc in back only of next sc) across to last sc, 2 sc in
>both loops of last. My question is is round 2
>actually 2 rows but considered 1 round. Please help

The language for this pattern is a bit confusing. I have broken down the instructions into sections preceded by >>>
and following is my interpretation.

>>> I am trying to follow a pattern and i am very confused - first round is sc
>>> across and do not join (I am doing a cocoon) place marker which I did.

Since this pattern is written in "rounds"... were you instructed to "join" the actual foundation chains to form a ring and then asked to not join the first stitches?

>>>Rnd 2 sc in both loops of next sc

For Round 2 you work a single crochet in both loops of the next stitch (I'm guessing this is the next stitch to the left of the marker and you will be working in a continuous round).

>>> (sc in front loop of next sc, sc in back loop across to marked sc (so I am guessing this is to the end)

This instruction seems to be missing a closing parenthesis which can alter the look of the pattern. This is how I interpret this:
Single crochet in the front loop of the next single crochet
Single crochet in the back loop of each remaining stitch across up to the marked single crochet (This should be the end since your marker was placed in the last stitch on Round 1)

>>> then it says 2 sc in both loops of each next 2 sc, move marker to second sc of 4 sc just made,

Now work 2 single crochets in both loops of the next 2 single crochets.... then move your marker to the second single of those 4 stitches you just made.

>>> (sc in front loop only of next sc, sc in back only of next sc) across to last sc,
Single crochet in the front loop only of the next single crochet. Single crochet in the back loop only of the next single crochet.

Now repeat that across to the last single crochet.

>>> 2 sc in both loops of last.

Work 2 single crochet stitches in both loops of the last stitch.

>>> My question is is round 2 actually 2 rows but considered 1 round.

This does sound like two rounds written into one.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.