VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]8 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 03:26:58 05/19/03 Mon
Author: Gary
Subject: Gary at First Avenue - after the fact

First Avenue had nearly a full house when I took the stage with the Spectors. I was amazed at the number of hardcore Monk fans who were present and the huge welcome yells and applause they gave me was astonishing. The Spectors and I proceeded to pound out "Oh How To Do" and it rocked the joint. Devon played Dave's banjo parts and did a great job. The Spectors are hi-energy rockers with a fondness for Monk material. This is a terrific band and I was honored to be onstage with Adam, Keith, Dan, Chris and Devon. My second song was "I Hate You" then I left the stage with the audience screaming for more. As it should be. The Monk songs fit in very well with the Spectors material and yet there was something very different about it. I suppose it was the "sound" and the era the songs came from but I have to say that Monk songs still have the feel of "new music" here and now. The audience knew they were hearing something quite special and they danced their butts off. Somewhat different in that area than it was in the 60s. Thank you Spectors and thank you Monk fans. The event was very uplifting and encouraging. My voice was in great shape and I was able to deliver at a much higher level of power than my weak Cavestomp outing of a few years ago. My warm thanks to the Spectors for asking me to perform with them. Terrific!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Forum timezone: GMT-11
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.