VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2] ]
Subject: Re: Pageant Obligations. Click in.

Author:
ED
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 07:47:54 03/02/09 Mon
In reply to: s 's message, "Pageant Obligations" on 12:22:04 03/01/09 Sun

Tom,

I'm always interested in hearing divergent opinion. I suppose it is what makes this country great. I would like to think young women should have integrity, know obligation and learn responsibility and commitment. These are qualities I personally never get tired of, and ones I try to instill in our young fledglings. A pageant organization spends alot of time and expense, often times out of pocket. Once a young lady commits to the program that Director ( at least the good ones) puts forth his or her own concerted effort in making sure she has received all of the paperwork. That Director has taken the time to answer questions put to them all hours of the day, and money has been spent in making sure she is well informed via the mail. To have that young lady commit to a project only to drop out and enter another is disconserting. Particularly when 95% of the time they never let you know they have done so, until you read about it on some message board. Just my take.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: My original response...

Author:
PC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:53:48 03/06/09 Fri

I completely and whole-heartedly agree with Tom's opinion. Pageants, while of course providing incredible support for today's young women, seemed to have their "glory days" when the only pressure came from other contestants or contestants' moms. It was all about the girl that stood 2" out of line from the rest of the contestants and that tall blonde with the hairpiece that I'm sure was illegal.
My original response to ED's reply about spending time on one contestant is: why can't both ED's support that contestant? If she fulfills her duties for both pageants and competes at state, the financial and emotional support she could receive from two programs is phenomenal! Especially in today's economy when one local probably doesn't have the money to afford expensive evening wear and expensive swimsuits. What a blessing that could be!
Now I realize that is impossible because of all of the rules in place, but I just don't understand why it must be such a big to-do.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.