|Subject: What would you like to see for the 100th Anniversary???|
Will happen sooner than we think
[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 09:26:50 01/28/15 Wed
Should be in Atlantic City! By 2021 Atlantic City will no longer be a premiere casino destination, in fact most of the major casinos will be long gone. So Atlantic City should be thrilled to have MAO there.
Have a temporary museum for the anniversary. The hotel there has a very nice museum, but for the anniversary there should be an even larger display with temporary loans of historical items from former contestants, judges, promoters, volunteers, enthusiasts.
Book One should be a “real” history and not just a rehash of Frank Deford’s wonderful book.
Book Two should be a picture yearbook with pictures of ALL the contestants from the very beginning along with photographs of the actual competitions. Mini biographies of each contestant would make it even more interesting.
Book Three would be a mini photograph book on the memorabilia history of the crown, trophies, sashes, collector pins, dolls, etc. (This is more extensive than you would think)
Encourage each state to have their own history book.
Use all books as a source of donations to the scholarship fund.
Invite all the former contestants! This alone will fill up Atlantic City. Treat them all like royalty, they did this in 1960 for the Royal Reunion. Have special events for them.
A really good , fresh, professional documentary. Again not a rehash of things seen before.
I have yearbooks/programs going back to 1945 and it is amazing that the MAO has the same photographs and same (boring) information in recent yearbooks that they had back then. My goodness, they could go on ebay and find some new pictures.
Have miniature reproductions of the crown, the “Golden Mermaid”, others. They would sell as Christmas ornaments or as memorabilia. Proceeds again could go to the scholarship fund.
What would you like to see for the 100???
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
- those sound like fabulous ideas (NT) -- love it, 10:11:09 01/28/15 Wed
- a there.hour telecast with the first hour dedicated solely to the formers (NT) -- No name, 19:40:53 01/28/15 Wed
- wow interesting post. my choices would be: honor the many volunteers and supporters of the org. themed competition phases, Vanessa Williams to attend, and to simply have a top 10, no weird camera angels, no lounge, no reality cutting format, just an old-fashioned Miss America pageant we love (and deserve). (NT) -- No name, 20:06:31 01/28/15 Wed
- Have a "Roller Chair" parade with each state having their own roller chair float. Also have a 4th preliminary night that is not a preliminary but a show that includes only the songs written for the MAO over the years. Bernie Wayne wrote hundreds of songs for the MAO and also for individual state pageants, and there were other songwriters that wrote many songs. (The MAO would have to have an official agreement with the Bernie Wayne estate). They could bring in star celebrities and include former contestants and winners to perform for an evening of Miss America songfest! (NT) -- No name, 08:10:10 01/29/15 Thu
- I hate to bring up Miss Universe but, I loved the videos that they showed of the formers. Very fun to see where they are now and how the win impacted them. I have no idea where most of the former Miss Americas are, except for the few that are on t.v. or in the media show where. Walking across the stage and waving one night of prelims just doesn't do it for me. We love our Miss Americas and want to see them and hear from them. (NT) -- JMO, 10:08:43 01/29/15 Thu
- If you were at Miss America this year, they announced with the contract with Dick Clark productions Miss America is solidified through its 100 year anniversary in their contract. (NT) -- No name, 12:39:03 01/30/15 Fri
- Vanessa Williams as a judge... (NT) -- No name, 16:28:33 01/30/15 Fri
- IMO, it would be wonderful to bring back people from the original MAO committees in NJ to set up everything. (NT) -- No name, 03:43:46 01/31/15 Sat
- The Yamron crown. (NT) -- No name, 11:22:05 01/31/15 Sat
- A pageant like the old days- a big opening number, top 10 announced, 10 competes in everything, then another number where we see our state queens, the calling winner from 10. It wasn't broken, why did they fix it? (NT) -- No name, 10:34:34 02/02/15 Mon