VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
FUND FREE MAMMOGRAMS
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]567 ]

Pageant Guru Message Board
State Websites Social Media Message Boards Community
The Week Courtesy of Ernie Koneck, Pageant Consultant (ernie@misshollywood.com)

Miss NH Webcast

Subject: What is the age requirement to compete in the DYW program? Also can a girl compete for her state's title more than once?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:56:10 04/07/15 Tue

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Stop The Insanity

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:30:05 04/06/15 Mon

http://www.helpmakemiracles.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participantList&page=1&eventID=2077&filter=participant&searchTerm=

Replies:
Subject: Judging question

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:45:16 03/31/15 Tue

In the case of giving 10 points to the girl you want to win, and then giving 1 point to the 2nd-best contestant. Some people say you HAVE to do this to protect the contestant you feel is best. Others say absolutely don't do this. What's the real verdict? Might judge this upcoming season & want to stay consistent with the rest of the country.

Replies:
Subject: Miss Mississippi Contestants

Author:
PageantGuru ()
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:04:20 11/23/14 Sun

Miss Amory - Taylor Cos (2014)
Miss Belle of the Bayou - Molly May (MSOT - 2012, Talent Prelim, 4th R/U-MAOT)
Miss Central Mississippi - Allison Judge (New)
Miss Clinton - Hannah Hathorn (2013)(2011)
Miss Deep South - Abigail Wilbanks (New)
Miss Delta Blues - Meredith Thomas (2014)
Miss Delta State University - Katie Busby (New)
Miss Dixie - Kendall Pasley (New)
Miss Hattiesburg - Ivey Swan (2014)
Miss Hinds Community College - Maggie Shoultz (2014)
Miss Historic South - Hannah Whitlock (New)
Miss Leaf River Valley - Michaela Moore (2014 NFT)(2013)
Miss Magnolia - Bethany Cuevas (2014)
Miss Metro Jackson - Kaylee Scroggins (New)
Miss MS Delta Community College - Hannah Leflore (New)
Miss MSU - Randi-Kathryn Harmon (2014-2nd R/U, SS Prelim, QoL)(2013)(2012)
Miss Natchez Trace - Carol Coker (2014-Top 10, Prelim SS)
Miss New South - Arrielle Dale (2014-NFT)(2013-NFT)(2012)
Miss Pearl River Valley - Morgan Burnett (2014-Top 10)(MSOT - 2008)
Miss Pontotoc - Nikki Fauver (2014)
Miss Pride of the South - Reed McNeel (New)
Miss Red Carpet City - Leighann Pacific (2014)
Miss Riverland - Laura Lee Lewis (2014-1st R/U, Prelim Talent, MS Sweetheart, Natl Sweetheart-3rd R/U)(2013-2nd R/U, Prelim SS) (MSOT - 2009)
Miss Southern Heartland - Kristen Furr (2014)
Miss Southern Magnolia - Briana Exum (New)
Miss Tombigbee - Alivia Roberts (2014)
Miss Turtle Creek - Holly Howard (New)(2013-Cinderella Internationals-Top 10)
Miss University - France Beard (MSOT - 2011)
Miss USM - Hannah Roberts (2013-1st R/U, Prelim Talent Winner)
Miss William Carey University - Katie Sims (New)

Last edited by author: Fri March 27, 2015 09:53:09   Edited 19 times.

Replies:
Subject: Thoughts on which of the Sweethearts will be on the radar if the get to Miss America?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:18:35 04/06/15 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Nebraksa is having its prelims Wed and Thursday and Interview on Friday morning. What other states this year are having interview done last?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:38:31 03/30/15 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Miss Louisiana state meeting contestant interviews: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdABouvJCzw&sns=fb

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:53:21 04/06/15 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Miss South Dakota Contestants

Author:
PageantGuru ()
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:27:42 03/16/15 Mon

Miss Brookings - Maggie Stiles (New)
Miss Dakota Plains - Berkley Fierro (New)
Miss Dakota Rose - Carly Goodhart (New)
Miss Gold Rush - Maria Anderson (2014)(2013)
Miss Heartland - Evy Johnson (New)
Miss Hot Springs Pageant - Megan Lipp (2014)(2013)
Miss Meade County - Rachel Evangelisto (New)
Miss Oahe - Autumn Simunek (2014-2nd R/U, Miracle Maker Award)(2013-2nd R/U, Miracle Maker Award, Community Service Award)(2012-2nd R/U, Miracle Maker Award)(2011-4th R/U) (SDOT - 2007)
Miss Rapid City - Alexia Vandersnick (2013)
Miss Rolling Plains - Carrie Wintle (2014-Top 8)(2013-Top 8) (SDOT - 2008)
Miss Rushmore - Alexandra Smiley (New)
Miss Sioux Falls - Rayna Pearson (2013)
Miss Siouxland - Julia Olson (2014-3rd R/U, Prelim Talent Winner)
Miss SDSU - Brittanie Venard (2012-4th R/U, Miss America Academic Scholarship Winner)(2011-3rd R/U)
Miss Spearfish Canyon - Courtney Liera-Maxon (2014-Top 8)
Miss State Fair - Katie Barnett (3RU 2013)
Miss Sturgis - Samantha Nash (New)
Miss USD - Stephanie Fischer (New)

Last edited by author: Mon April 06, 2015 01:39:18   Edited 2 times.

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone have any suggestions for a couple of modern, upbeat songs to play -- one for when the Teen is introduced and one for when the Miss is introduced during a pageant. I'm looking for only about 30 seconds, enough time for the titleholder to walk across the stage, acknowledge the audience and meet the emcee at the podium where she will be interviewed. Thanks for the help.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:18:28 03/28/15 Sat

Replies:
Subject: My Miss America Thoughts!! Better Late Than Never!!

Author:
IVANA B. ASTAR
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:51:14 03/11/15 Wed

I watched Miss America and let me just say....I know we are in the year 2015 and times change and it's all about ratings but I sure as hell miss the days when we had top ten compete in everything. I also miss the days when the most WELL ROUNDED girl won, and not just a girl with a stellar interview and passable at everything else. Most importantly I miss TALENT....true God given talent that would keep me mesmerized for 3:15 seconds. Not this crap girls throw together for the sake of competing in a pageant that just so happens to have "talent". As far as the gowns, I have been vocal about not being a Tony Bowls fan, so when I heard he was designing all the gowns I nearly died. I will say, his designs have gotten a little better, but i'm still not fan enough to see all of his work showcased in one night. I will say I loved Virginia's and HATED Ohio's. I mean HATED!!! She looked like she had the curves of a 2x4 in that gown, plus it was so dated and not in a good way kinda dated.

I won't touch on everyone just the few things that stuck out in my mind.

MISSISSIPPI: Talented and robbed of a top 5 spot based on that alone. I mean seriously, beyond ridiculous!

TEXAS: Good lord what happened? Everything was wrong from head to toe. the face and talent....simply gorgeous, but the body and styling were a total no! How in the world did the Texas prep team let that physique get past Mid July! Plus that gown!! WTF?!?! They took a young, beautiful and vibrant girl and put her in a homely mother of the bride Zac Posen. such a shame, they ruined that girl!

OHIO: The girl literally stepped out of 1985 and I was in heaven!!

VIRGINIA: was my winner. Looks, talent, body, smarts. they missed the boat with this one.

OKLAHOMA: WTF?!?!? How in the world would what she did even be remotely considered dance?! I laughed for about more than half of that talent. She danced as if she was drunk and it was amazing!!

Kira's talent: SAD SAD SAD day when THAT type of talent can win Miss America. I mean seriously, it's the one thing that originally set us apart and now it's just laughable and seriously not at all a deciding factor in who wins Miss America, so just get rid of talent all together. I mean if you had told me in 1970 that a mediocre singer banging a red solo cup on the stage at Miss America could actually one day win....I would have laughed in your face and then slapped it! I mean seriously, I would have been more impressed if she got 2 dixie cups and some string and tried to make a long distance call!! Just pathetic.

I know my bitching and bellyaching will never bring back the glitz, glamor and pageantry of Miss America of tester year, but I sure do Miss it. I wanna see girls walking down the runway in liquid beaded gowns designed by Stephen Yearick with 2 Chandeliers hanging from both ears with hair the width of an opened umbrella!

Thats all I have.

Replies:
Subject: For history fans only

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:33:45 04/02/15 Thu

Found an interesting article online. google "Miss Yonkers 1924" and click on the website SoYo Sunset Forums - Yuku

We thought Delaware and Florida has interesting outcomes last year then read about Yonkers in 1924. Lots of great old photos and a really interesting story.

Replies:
Subject: Road to Miss America contest

Author:
yrralh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:32:39 03/15/15 Sun

I'm pleased to announce that the Road to Miss America contest is officially open for this pageant season!

For those of you who haven't participated before, all you need to do is pick the contestant you think will win a particular state title. Visit the Road to Miss America Board at www.voy.com/241665/, and under the thread for each particular state pageant, post your choice, using the same nickname or handle each time. (You don't have to register for an official one with Voy.)

Just make sure your choice is posted before the deadline. Points will be awarded as follows:

If your choice wins: 7 points
If your choice finishes 1st RU: 3 points
If your choice finishes 2nd RU: 1 point

The person with the most points at the end of the state pageant season wins. You can participate in all 53 contestants or as few as you'd like. And sometimes the boldest guesses are the right ones!

I'll open threads for state pageants as their locals end. Right now threads are open for AL, GA, HI, KS, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, NE, NH, ND, OK, SC, and TN. (If someone can verify that all of the locals for Miss TX are done, and that the pageant will be held July 4, I'll get that thread up.)

You can participate this year even if you didn't last year. It's definitely addicting!!

Replies:
Subject: Noticed on the MAO website that scholarship, success, style and service are listed but, stem has replaced success. Can anyone tell me if they are going to change the meaning of that one point??

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:56:50 04/01/15 Wed

Replies:
Subject: What former state/national titleholders have blogs or YouTube channels? Could someone please link?

Author:
Thank you!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:32:50 03/28/15 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Miss NE Org. Press Release

Author:
PageantGuru
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:00:10 03/30/15 Mon

The Miss Nebraska Scholarship Pageant, located in North Platte, announced a change in leadership on Saturday. Jay & Amy Engel, who have been the Co-Executive Directors for the past seven years, will be stepping down from their position after the pageant this June. The Engels began volunteering with the organization in 1995. “We started out as a host family for the pageant that first year,” says Jay Engel. “We realized the amazing things this program was doing for young women and wanted to become involved. Between the two of us we had many jobs over the last 20 years-from writing the script to being Executive Directors.” Amy adds, “We are grateful for the opportunity to meet the variety of people across the state & across the nation because of our involvement with the pageant. We are thankful for the support of our board, volunteers and the community of North Platte.” The Miss Nebraska Scholarship pageant is comprised completely of volunteers. It is part of the Miss America Organization, the largest scholarship provider for young women in the world. The new Executive Directors will be Rachel Daly, currently the Executive Director for the Miss Nebraska’s Outstanding Teen program, and Kayla (Batt) Jacox, Miss Nebraska 2012. “We are excited that Rachel & Kayla have accepted the Executive Director position. They have deep passion for the program and wonderful ideas on how to keep moving the Miss Nebraska program forward. We know they will do a fabulous job,” says Jay. The state pageant has been held in North Platte for the past 34 years and on June 6th the organization will crown Miss Nebraska 2015. For more information: www.missnebraska.org

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone know the new deal with CMNH pages for us contestants? Did the rules change? are we now allowed to use our page every year instead of our hard work being wiped out

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:03:15 03/31/15 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Miss Nebraska Contestants

Author:
PageantGuru ()
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:50:03 11/09/14 Sun

http://missnebraska.org/local-titleholders/

Miss Chadron - Tosha Skinner [Dance] (2014)
Miss Crane Festival - Allison Tietjen [Piano](2014-3rd R/U)
Miss Douglas County - Alyssa Christine Howell [Piano](2014-4th R/U)(Top 10 VA OT, 2009-Miss Virginia National Teen)
Miss Gering - Kaylee Carlberg [Vocal] (2014-SF NE USA)(2013)(2012-Top 7)(2012-SF IA USA)(2011-4RU IA USA)(2010-SF IA TUSA)(2010-Iowa National Teenager)
Miss Heartland - Steffanie Jiroux [Ballet En Pointe] (2013 NF Talent Winner, Dance Award)
Miss Kool-Aid Days - Brooke Ludemann [Vocal] (New) (NEOT - 2011; Winner of Prelim Evening Gown/On-stage Question at MAOT)
Miss Northwest - LaRissa McKean [Dance] (New)
Miss Omaha - Megan Gould [Lyrical Dance](New)
Miss Panhandle - Jessica Littlejohn [Lyrical Dance](2014-Top 10)(2013)(2012)(2011)
Miss Sandhills - Kate Duncan [Vocal](2012)
Miss Scotts Bluff County - Brittany Eckerberg [Vocal] (New)
Miss State Fair - Marie Allison [Vocal](2014-CO SF)
Miss Western Nebraska - Chrissy Townsend [Dance] (2014-Top 10)(2013)(2012-Top 7, Overall Dance Award)(2010-Miss NE High School)(2009-NAM Nebraska Teen)

Last edited by author: Tue March 17, 2015 02:56:23   Edited 26 times.

Replies:
Subject: State Pageant Webcast

Author:
PageantGuru
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:47:48 02/25/15 Wed

Please list in this thread if your state will be webcasting the pageant.

Replies:
Subject: Tap Dance Talent

Author:
Is Anyone Doing?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:01:08 03/26/15 Thu

Are any contestants tapping to Bruno Mars Uptown Funk this year??? What a great number for fun choreography!!!!

Replies:
Subject: Is there any correlation between an earlier state OT competition and more frequent wins at MAOT?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:47:55 03/26/15 Thu

Replies:
Subject: What advice would you give a newcomer to OT for interview? What types of things do they typically focus on?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:52:40 03/27/15 Fri

What advice would you give a newcomer to OT for interview? What types of things do they typically focus on?

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 123[4]567 ]
Free Hit Counter
Saks Fifth Avenue Coupon
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.