VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]56789 ]

Pageant Guru Message Board
Pageant Guru Message Board

Miss America 2016 Photos/Bios
Please click on Contact Forum Admin link to report any message that needs to be removed.
State Websites Social Media Message Boards Community

Picture Posting Instructions
This message board is not affiliated with any pageant system.
RTMA

Subject: The Bets Talents This Year

Author:
Ernie Koneck
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:11:08 08/18/15 Tue

I have made a list of ten contestants who I believe have strong talents - not that I've seen any of them, but based on the discussions on this board. I'd like feedback on the list - feedback on these 10 talents - and names of other contestants who are really strong in talent (i.e., capable of a prelim win or a NFT).

Here goes:

Miss Alabama, Meg McGuffin
Miss Georgia, Betty Cantrell
Miss Indiana, Morgan Jackson
Miss Kansas, Hannah Wagner
Miss Mississippi, Hannah Roberts
Miss North Carolina, Kate Peacock
Miss Pennsylvania, Ashley Schmider
Miss South Carolina, Daja Dial
Miss Utah, Krissia Beatty
Miss Wisconsin, Rosalie Smith

Also, if anyone knows of any talent performances online for any of the contestants, I'd appreciate the links. I plan to search YouTube by contestant name, but I'm stumped as to where else I might find talent videos at this point.

Thanks for your input!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Miss America is at it again, this year there will be NO VISITATION after the Finals, it will be a ticketed event that costs $30, this is after spending $50 for Visitation Badges for 3 nights

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:48:51 08/26/15 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Miss America 2016 Contestants' Photos and Bios

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:49:15 08/27/15 Thu

http://www.missamerica.org/competition-info/national-contestants.aspx

Replies:
Subject: With a few minor adjustments I hope the OP won't be angry about, I thought this comment was so great it deserved to be reposted: "...I competed in the 90s. I started out in 94 and ended in 2000. When I started at 17, I looked up to the older girls and aspired to be like them. Let me tell you, they really weren't relatable. They were someone better than I thought I could be. Keeping with the system, I did better myself and became that type of role model to the next group coming in. Nowadays, the people they are crowing is so random. It starts at the local level when you see someone totally disheveled crowned over very well put together girls.There seems to be no clear idea or direction as to what any given panel of judges is looking for. MAO has lost their way all the way down to the local level but I still ❤️ them."

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:17:10 08/25/15 Tue

Replies:
Subject: FINALLY All official headshots in one place(other than that app)! Thank you E!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:27:09 08/23/15 Sun

http://www.eonline.com/photos/16868/miss-america-2016-meet-the-contestants/511370

Replies:
Subject: Awesome video following Miss America 2001 during the first two days of her reign!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:23:22 08/27/15 Thu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCwDMMHqpf8

Subject: Nick Jonas to be on Miss America Telecast Selecting the Music

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:34:13 08/26/15 Wed

Nick Jonas is loving Atlantic City this summer.
Jonas, formerly of the Jonas Brothers and a current pop recording star, will be the music curator for the live broadcast of the Miss America competition on Sept. 13. The event will be shown on ABC, starting at 9 p.m.

What is a music curator, you ask? According to a release by the Miss America Organization, Jonas will select the music to accompany the swimsuit and evening gown competitions, as well as provide live commentary on the melodious picks.

The lifestyle and fitness in swimsuit portion will feature the top 15 contestants, whittled down from this year's 52 women. The evening wear portion will only be done with the top 12 contestants.

Jonas's stint with the competition will come about a month after his performance on the Atlantic City beaches. He joined Maroon 5 and Matt McAndrew to put on the first beach concert of the summer, which attracted about 50,000 to the sand.

He will join several celebrities for the live broadcast. Brett Eldredge, Taya Kyle, Kevin O'Leary, Amy Purdy and Zendaya will make up five of the seven spots on the celebrity judging panel. "The Bachelor" host Chris Harrison will emcee the event.

More talent and judges, including Harrison's co-host, will be announced in the coming weeks, according to the statement by the Miss America Organization.

Replies:
Subject: I have a question and not to start drama. Why do celebrities judge a portion of MA? I mean in a sense they know the publicity that MA will be apart but in a pageant sense they know nothing.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:52:09 08/25/15 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Question brought up by the post about first runners up taking the Miss State title if their state wins Miss A: is the 1st runner up eligible to take the title if she has aged out?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:06:34 08/26/15 Wed

I can only assume so, but I don't actually know for fact!

Replies:
Subject: Is there a meeting that happens for State ED's during MA week?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:55:13 08/26/15 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Trade Show

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:08:43 08/26/15 Wed

Is there any way to find out who/what vendors will be at the Miss America trade show?

Replies:
Subject: My predictions!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:55:41 08/20/15 Thu

Alabama
California
District of Colombia
Florida
Kansas
Louisiana
North Carolina
New Jersey
Nevada
New York
Oklahoma
South Carolina
Wisconsin

Replies:
Subject: this might even make me like Kira!!! http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/lifestyle/miss-america-asks-clueless-guys-pageant-questions/vi-BBlKTQY?ocid=iehp

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:05:31 08/26/15 Wed

Subject: 2016 Miss America Competition Week Events

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:58:52 08/25/15 Tue

Tuesday, September 8th-10th:
Miss America Preliminary Competitions

Friday, September 11th:
Inaugural Miss America 9/11 Military Tribute Concert & Luncheon at The Claridge Hotel

Miracle Mile & Steel Pier Celebration sponsored by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

Saturday, September 12th:
Miss America "Show Us Your Shoes" Parade on the Atlantic City boardwalk. Purchase tickets for the parade today in our prime viewing area at Boardwalk Hall:

Sunday, September 13th:
2016 Miss America Competition & 95th Anniversary Celebration
Join us at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City for the crowning of Miss America 2016.

Miss America After Party
39 North at The Playground
Join us in celebrating the crowning of Miss America 2016 after the competition!

Replies:
Subject: Comments from Judge Amy Purdy on what she is looking for in the next Miss America

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:43:51 08/25/15 Tue

NEW YORK – At only 19 years old, Amy Purdy lost her legs due to complications from meningitis but that did not stop her from becoming a Paralympic snowboarder, a “Dancing with the Stars” contestant, a best-selling author, and now, a judge at the Miss America pageant in Atlantic City on September 13th.

FOX411: You’re judging Miss America this year -- what qualities are you looking for in the next winner?

Amy Purdy: I’m really interested in what they do as far as giving back and the amount of work they have to do and the amount of philanthropy. I’m very interested in these women and what their backgrounds are and what they are passionate about. Also, their talents, that’s something they work towards their entire lives.

FOX411: Do you think pageants like Miss America are becoming passe or are they evolving to fit the woman of today?

Purdy: I think they’re keeping up pretty good. When you can really learn what these women do and that it doesn’t have to do with just beauty, it takes it away from being just a beauty pageant and more of "look what these women have done, look what they’ve accomplished," and they’re incredible role models.

FOX411: Is it time we get rid of the swimsuit portion of the competition?

Purdy: I liked watching the bathing suit part of it and what they wear and how beautiful they are. I think it has to do with how they take care of themselves and that they are healthy, but personally I like to see a healthy woman; somebody who works out who has muscle. I personally don’t want to see somebody who is really thin, overly thin. But I’m thin myself, sometimes that’s just natural as well, so I just want to see healthy, strong women.

Replies:
Subject: Miss America 9/11 Military Tribute Concert

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:50:29 08/25/15 Tue

http://www.missamerica.org/news/press-releases.aspx?id=883

Don't forget to order your tickets to the inaugural Miss America 9/11 Military Tribute Concert this September in Atlantic City!

On Friday, September 11th, the Miss America Organization will hold its inaugural Miss America 9/11 Military Tribute Concert to honor the brave men and women who have given and risked their lives for our freedom. The concert -- presented by Meet AC -- will highlight some of the greatest patriotic talents to ever grace the Miss America stage. This is one event you do not want to miss!

Miss America 2015, Kira Kazantsev, will be joined by Miss America 1971, Phyllis George, to emcee the star-spangled line up:

Beth Stovall, Miss North Carolina 2014
Jacky Arness, Miss North Dakota 2014
Mackenzie Bart, Miss Ohio 2014
Nina Davuluri, Miss America 2014
Katie Harmon Ebner, Miss America 2002
Heather French Henry, Miss America 2000
Michelle Sexton, Miss New Jersey 1993
Marjorie Vincent-Tripp, Miss America 1991
Dorothy Benham, Miss America 1977
Mary Haskell, Miss Mississippi 1977
Deborah Bryant Berge, Miss America 1966

The events will be held at the Celebrity Theatre in The Claridge Hotel on September 11th with a luncheon beginning at 12 noon ET and curtain call at 1:30 pm ET. There are only 100 tickets left so order yours today!

The entire ticket price of $75 will be tax-deductible. All proceeds will benefit The Miss America Foundation, Inc., a separate 501(c)3 non-profit organization that advocates for women's education and provides scholarship assistance for women across the country.

To order your tickets, email Adelaide.Ehrlich@MissAmerica.org or call 609-344-1800.

Replies:
Subject: 2015 National Sweetheart Schedule

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:54:06 08/25/15 Tue

•Monday, August 31, 2015
Contestants Arrive in Hoopeston

•Friday, September 4, 2015
Pageant Preliminaries
Pageant begins at 6:30pm at the Hoopeston Civic Center.

•Saturday, September 5, 2015
Pageant Preliminaries

•Sunday, September 6, 2015
Pageant Finals

There will be an awards ceremony following the end of the pageant.

Replies:
Subject: Miss Utah Sendoff

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:15:24 08/24/15 Mon

http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2015/08/23/miss-utah-miss-america/#.VdqoP5CFOkA

Subject: Forgive me, but which states have not won Miss A? No intened foul, just curious as I always like a new state.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:40:02 08/24/15 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Why did Miss America Authorize this?? So they could be made fun off?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:11:51 08/23/15 Sun

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/style-beauty/fashion/news/a45213/miss-america-2016-pageant-earrings/

Replies:
Subject: Miss America Pageant VIdeo Streamed?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:53:04 08/24/15 Mon

I am guessing this question has been asked, but wondering if the pageant is going to be video streamed?

Replies:
Subject: Miss New Jersey looked GREAT at her sendoff

Author:
sendoff (<3)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:04:12 08/24/15 Mon

look out Miss America here comes the Jersey Girl!!
Miss New Jersey looked GREAT!!

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 123[4]56789 ]
Free Hit Counter
Saks Fifth Avenue Coupon
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2015 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.