VoyForums

Support VoyForums by visiting our sponsor, www.PainEase.com.

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]56 ]

Pageant Guru Message Board
State Websites Social Media Message Boards Community
The Week Courtesy of Ernie Koneck
The Road to Miss America Board Courtesy of yrralh
Ascent from Obscurity by Lavern Cameron
Amazing Win, Amazing Loss: Miss America Living Happily, EVEN After by Angela Perez Baraquio
Being Miss America: Behind the Rhinestone Curtain by Kate Shindle

Subject: Ready to chat?

Author:
Kate Shindle
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:28:18 10/09/14 Thu

Hi posters!

So I guess this is kind of an experiment, but it's one I think is worthwhile and could be really interesting.

This is not just about the book, although you're free to ask me about it. In fact, you can ask me anything you like. I imagine Pageant Guru is around here somewhere in case things really go off the rails; in general, though, I want it to be an open discussion.

I could say more (in fact, I've written and rewritten and ultimately deleted another paragraph about three times), but I think it's better just to throw the doors wide open.

Have at it. And thanks for coming by!

xo

Kate

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Congratulations to the new Miss University of Louisiana at Monroe, Lauren Ford.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:00:56 10/08/14 Wed

What a tall beauty!

instagram.com/p/t4JDmPjRsh/

Replies:
Subject: WHEN TALENT WAS 50% YOU HAD A GOOD SHOW.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:30:10 10/08/14 Wed

Should be:

50%.....TALENT
25%.....INTERVIEW
12.5%...swimsuit
12.5%...gown

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone think Lexis_PA will return to MAO Class Updates?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:40:43 10/09/14 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Matt and Meredith have photographed their seventh Miss America

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:04:42 10/09/14 Thu

Replies:
Subject: I am being told by my local director that Miss America is no longer allowing COACHES?? WHAT?? When did that happen? If we have a coach we will be disqualified??

Author:
Can anyone confirm this?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:05:00 10/03/14 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Interesting quotes From Haskell

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:24:49 10/08/14 Wed

It's interesting that Mr. Haskell wrote this in his book about leaving the Morris Agency....

"Just as I had watched the cancer that had moved through my mother's body destroy her strength, her confidence, and her resolve, I now witnessed the slow but deliberate destruction of a world that meant so much not only to me, but to hundreds of my associates."

That is exactly how so many disaffected people feel about the way the MAO is being run.

Replies:
Subject: Miss America 2015 SS Competition

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:55:58 10/05/14 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Which contestant who DID NOT make it into the Top 15, would you have liked to see on TV. Please give your reasoning.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:13:10 10/06/14 Mon

It seems that the same group of girls makes the top each year. This year after attending prelims and the final show, I have my own list of girls who I thought could have made the Top 15 that I was shocked didn't! Who do you guys think got "politically" taken out of the running?

Replies:
Subject: How would you recommend building a pageant up like National Peanut in Alabama or Miss Hoopsten?

Author:
No Name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:30:47 10/08/14 Wed

I just got handed a pageant that is failing miserably. It is not associated with any national organization nor does it have a real theme or cause that it promotes. I would love to have a legacy for this pageant and have it be one of those pageants that the mother wins as a teenager and then 20 years later her daughter wins it. Miss America has a legacy so I figured this would be a place that I could get some ideas from. So any suggestions on how to build my pageant up? Get girls interested in it and make it a pageant where local girls want to compete in it every year. Just like the Miss National Peanut Festival pageant or the Miss Hoopsten pageant. I need a niche for my pageant. I would love it to be like a training ground for our Miss America State so I defiantly want to do charity appearances with my queens but any ideas you guys might have would be great. Thank you

Replies:
Subject: Why are we so invested in what the TV audience thinks?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:18:40 10/09/14 Thu

I see so many comments about wanting to pick winners that the TV audience understands. But why? What has the TV audience done for the pageant lately?
I'll admit that some of the winners have probably been headscratchers for the general public. But the general public doesn't stew over it for a year, they might giggle about it the next day to someone else who watched the pageant but that's as far as it goes.
So why the obsession with what the public thinks when the public hasn't cared in probably 30 years?

Replies:
Subject: Action all of us can take now! I spoke to a couple of legal buddies of mine and gave the run down of all that is going on with MAO. They suggested that letters be written to the NJ attorney general or Secretary of State asking for a fraud investigation of the governance and financial issues related to MAO, salaries, Sam's half a million gift and the CMN relationship. They also said write to the fraud non profit division of the IRS asking for the same investigation. Of both MAP and CMN. They thought something was rotten in and those who protect the public who donate should get involved. I will be writing. If we flood both agencies with letters we can get some answers.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:35:27 10/06/14 Mon

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 123[4]56 ]
Free Hit Counter
Saks Fifth Avenue Coupon
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.