VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
FUND FREE MAMMOGRAMS
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

State Websites Message Bds Official MAO Links Community
The Week Courtesy of Ernie Koneck
The Road to Miss America Board Courtesy of yrralh

Subject: Question regarding eligibility

Author:
Kate
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:29:10 09/15/14 Mon

Group and MAO peeps- is it ok for a local director to have their child compete for a different local in the same state? I have heard conflicting answers.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Out of curiosity... Who won the mock?

Author:
Congrats NY
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:34:01 09/17/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Could someone post a picture of the evening gown Kira wore during preliminaries?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:45:53 09/16/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: NM was second for America's Choice? I'm surprised.

Author:
pageant flan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:15:55 09/14/14 Sun

Does anyone know how that happened? It's a tiny state and I don't recall hearing anything about her.

And good for ID. I didn't think the isulin pump thing had made enough of a national impact - I guess I was wrong.

Replies:
Subject: Map: The states that produce the most Miss America winners

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:51:41 09/16/14 Tue

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/09/15/map-the-states-that-produce-the-most-miss-america-winners/

Replies:
Subject: My explanation on Kira's win

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:41:26 09/16/14 Tue

I do understand why people are calling the pageant rigged... Kira did perform a simple talent (not much difficulty) but her voice was good. It wasn't as terrible as people said it was. I guess it stood out in a weird way, just like how Miss Universe 2012, Olivia Culpo won with that red gown.

As surprising as it seems, one explanation may be the judges scored NY very high in the swimsuit and evening gown competitions. Maybe MS, OH, AL, and OH performed rather mediocre in both rounds and barely made the top 10. Hence, even though their talents were good, they didn't advance in the end. And I think the first up curse played a factor. Idaho got eliminated and Mississippi performed first in talent. The girls performing earlier may have been scored lower.

In addition to that, maybe NY didn't do that poorly in the preliminaries? Preliminaries carries 30% into the final so NY may have scored average in talent but made it up tremendously in swimsuit, evening gown and OSQ.

But I do admit.. I am shocked at that top 5. I DIDN'T GET ANY OF THE TOP 5 right! Unless there was an accounting error lol, my bottom 5 ended up advancing. My jaw really dropped when I saw all but FL make it. I was very happy NY advanced though. Once she made it, I knew three peat is pretty much happening because the judges advanced her despite her talent performance. Indeed she excelled in interview and I knew I saw history in the making hahah.

Anyhow, I am very delighted to see NY achieve a three-peat! So cool if they can equal the number of wins like the Texas Aces (five Miss Texas USA wins) did! Can't win to see NY compete next year! I am now deciding to go to the state pageant and maybe nationals since I want to see NY win live!!!

And guys, you need to grow up. Three-peat happened, your supporters fell short of winning, that's life.

Subject: Scoring Suggestion

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:29:12 09/16/14 Tue

Miss America should just stop the charade and become an interview competition. Interview can be worth 100%, that way they get the girl with the best interview without having to pretend they care about the other three categories.

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone know the who the top people's choice states were after Idaho?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:28:55 09/16/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Miss America Organization Announces New Judging Criteria for 2015

Author:
blahhhhh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:05:35 09/15/14 Mon

Interview - 80%
Evening Gown - 10%
Swimsuit - 10%
Sam's Input - 7%
Talent - 3%

State and local organizations need to get ready!

Replies:
Subject: The Changing Face of Miss America

Author:
Leslie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:18:53 09/16/14 Tue

The changing face of Miss America. First of all, congratulations to Kira, our new Miss America. While I didn't have her as my choice, I wish her all the best during her year of service. After returning back to my home state and taking a minute to process and reflect on this year's Atlantic City experience, I have several thoughts and questions as to the direction the MAO is heading. I know many on this board are frustrated by what seems as a disregard toward the integrity of judging the categories fairly. I have to agree with this. I have been on several judging panels throughout the years and was always told "You have to judge the category on the category itself otherwise the process does not work. Try very hard not to let feelings from an interview spill to heavy into the other on-stage components." I give Kira tons of credit for bringing something new, spunky and fresh with her cup routine to the Miss America stage. Nina was the first to do a Bollywood dance and now Kira follows in her path by presenting an untraditional talent. Kudos to her for that. If this is the direction the MAO is heading, however, I think some serious restructuring of the categories and scoring system needs to take place. I understand the argument of entertainment value as one of the biggest components of talent. I agree with that. It's just hard to see that there were several girls with technically sound talents that were also incredibly entertaining who were looked past and eliminated. Many of the girls at Miss America grew up singing, dancing, etc and have spent their pageant years truly perfecting their craft. After all, this is the reason these girls choose to compete in a pageant system that honors and celebrates talent as a core component. Back when I competed (in a year I would rather not disclose haha) I remember even on the local level the caliber of talent that hit the stage was unbelievable. Before the days of American Idol and X Factor, young women with phenomenal talents would go compete for Miss America. As a long time lover and supporter of the MAO even after my competition days, I'm saddened that this may no longer be the case. I miss those days. You can say the pageant is evolving, as it should. Everything evolves, changes and progresses in order to stay relevant. I feel that there is an incredible disconnect between the state organizations and the MAO vision. I hope that gap can be bridged. This disconnect has obviously been reflected by the poor ratings, 60% live audience attendance and negative press following this year's show as well. I love the MAO and truly hope that we can continue to move forward, grow and maintain some of the ORIGINAL ideals of the program. Original can still be relevant. In fact, I think our traditional core components are the type of fresh relevancy needed in a world of reality tv and shock value media.

Replies:
Subject: Back when talent was a real word. Love you Suzette. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLNk9s1ekdk

Author:
I'm still shaking my head....
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:57:18 09/16/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Our new and future Miss Americas

Author:
Ernie Koneck
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:47:27 09/16/14 Tue

I'm re-posting this because I saw random comments here and there demanding I apologize, telling me to eat crow, ya da ya da ya da. To which My standard response is, sign your name like an adult, and we'll talk. Until you do, your self-righteous demands are meaningless whining to me.

As you can see, I already DID apologize to Kira a few hours after the pageant aired, so why not focus your attention on the thousands of other people who have been making rude comments about her and how she is singlehandedly ruining Miss America.

Date Originally Posted: 01:28:38am 09/15/14 Mon

First I'll apologize to Miss NY and new Miss A for ragging at her about taking the competition seriously. Clearly she did. My only excuse was having a lot of other things on my mind and that dress just pushed one too many pageant buttons for me.

First, I thought her gown tonight was stunning. Second, her talent was much better than expected once I heard her sing. I wrongly assumed the cup was a crutch; it was a conversation piece.

And, I suspect, part of Kira's legacy to the pageant. I wouldn't be surprised to see them change the name of the talent competition to the entertainment competition, with more off beat talents, or standard talents made conversation-worthy by props, tricky costumes, really unusual music choices, etc.

As for the outcome of the pageant, Kira's very articulate and I bet she thinks on her feet very well. She has an "interesting" take on fashion to say the least; I can't wait until she gets her hands on her Joseph Ribkoffs. They'll probably be unrecognizable - and that's a good thing.

Frankly my single biggest thrill of the night was when Miss MA got called into the final spot in the top 5. Seeing AL, OK, TN and MS all get eliminated in one fell swoop is something I never thought I'd see in a Miss America pageant. Not because any of them are awful in any way, and not because I hate them. It's just they're all sash states and little Miss MA pulls the upset of the night by making the 5. I imagined she ruined a lotta folks Road to Miss America predictions.

So at the end of the night I'm fine with the winner; the judges could have done much worse, and judging by the top 5, they did seem to be all over the place; the top 5 were quite a diverse bunch in terms of personality, background, looks, just about any measure.

I'm thrilled the judges saw in Lauren what I did - an incredibly accomplished young woman who truly embodies the four points of the crown. Getting to know her this past month has been a real pleasure.

Finally, I'm not sure who won the Face of Miss America contest, but I know my personal winner in that category is Courtney Garrett, Miss Virginia. To me, no on else was even a close second.

Replies:
Subject: Miss America Kira Kazantsev of New York responds to cup talent criticism

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:17:49 09/16/14 Tue

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/celebrities/miss-america-kira-kazantsev-criticized-for-cup-talent-inspired-by-pitch-perfect-1.9314759

Replies:
Subject: STEM winners will be announced tonight. Five of these young women pursuing education in STEM related fields will be awarded $5,000 scholarships each to further their education.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:05:51 09/14/14 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Crossovers...

Author:
oz-usb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:57:49 09/15/14 Mon

Posted this on USB, thought you might be interested here too :)

Whilst Jessica Hartman was perhaps the most well-known former MUO contestant at Miss America this year (robbed!) she wasn't the only one who'd competed at the state level for Miss USA or Teen USA
Out of the top 15:
1RU Courtney Garrett (VA): 2RU VA Teen USA 11, SF 09
4RU Lauren Kuhn (MA): 2RU WA Teen USA 10
T10 Mackenzie Bart (OH): 3RU PA Teen USA 11, 4RU 10, T15 09, 4RU 08
T10 Caitlin Brunell (AL): NF FL Teen USA 10
T15 Monique Evans (TX): NF TX USA 11
T15 Acacia Courtney (CT): 3RU CT Teen USA 11

Other contestants:
Stacey Cook (CO): SF CO USA 11, SF CO Teen USA 09, SF 08
Maggie Bridges (GA): 2RU GA Teen USA 11
Marisa Buchheit (IL): SF IL Teen USA 07, SF 06
Jessica Hartman (MO): Miss Colorado USA 2010 (3RU at Miss USA)
Jessie Allen (WY): 2RU WY USA 14, 2RU 13 (sister of Miss WY USA 12!)

Replies:
Subject: Non-finalist Awards!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:15:32 09/15/14 Mon

Talent: IN, NV, NC, PA, and WV
Interview: LA

Replies:
Subject: Miss America 2015

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:31:19 09/16/14 Tue

Subject: The problem I have with Miss America the last several years (& the problem I had with Miss IN getting so much praise for her "normal body" at miss USA) is this- I do not want a "normal girl" as a queen. Pageants aren't for the normal or average or run of the mill. Pageants aren't to celebrate the every day. These pageants should serve as a reminder that amazing, outstanding, & jaw-dropping is out there. Is that every young person? No, of course not. Not everyone is cut out for everything. But pageant winners should serve as a reminder that to be amazing you have to work (sometimes literally) your butt off. This applies to talent, interview, and especially swimsuit. "Normal" shouldn't be applauded in any aspect of these competitions. Specifically, are the young women of Miss America being drug down by all the other requirements being placed upon them by MAO? Is paperwork now the focus instead other preparations?

Author:
Say no to normal!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:44:14 09/15/14 Mon

Subject: Talent

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:03:51 09/15/14 Mon

After last night, (actually this has been the case for the past few years, but last night particularly sealed the deal), MAO should seriously stop the whole "talent is what sets us apart" charade and either lessen the amount it is worth or just be done with it all together.

Replies:
Subject: Congrats To the new Miss A!

Author:
Kat
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:36:54 09/15/14 Mon

And although you warned by the judges they didnt want a stereotypical pageant girl... They as much said they weren't concerned about talent... They were impressed by academics... They were looking for someone stylish... An IT Girl with personality and spark...
Still you seem completely flabbergasted that the standard pageant robots didn't win...
The judges crowned exactly who they said they would crown.

You don't have to love her or even like her. However, this girl oozes charisma and warmth. The thing about pageants is that sometimes girls get so wrapped up into the person they think their parents, judges, directors, state want them to be that they aren't their authentic self.
The one thing I notice about the likeable and "cool" types is their imperfections become their strength. They are genuine and true to themselves. I get the sense that Kira is the cool kid. She is the one others want to be around because she is fun and well... Happy. Miss America needs someone cool enough that the up and coming want to be like when they get older. Sorry to say but very few girls are going to be inspired to enter when they see someone singing some sad song on TV or wearing some 1980's Dynasty looking dress. They don't want hair that looks like a 45 year old news anchor. With this Miss A, the girl they want to be is not only fun, savvy and stylish... She is a trilingual triple major going to law school. Ultimately, this is how you hook her girls into desiring something more of themselves.

Replies:
Subject: re: NEW MISS AMERICA

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:34:35 09/15/14 Mon

I did not have her in my Top 5. She has a fresh look. Not really pretty and certainly not stunning. Her talent was cheesy, pageant patty at it's worst. She would have been better off just singing since it sounded like she has a decent voice. Watching her talent it was like, "look at me. Aren't I cute singing this little song with my red cup." A grown woman in her 20's? maybe a pre-teen or teen pageant talent.

Replies:
Subject: Can someone please tell me what day and poition number did our new Miss America fall in the line up for interview?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:23:27 09/15/14 Mon

Replies:
Subject: My wish for 2015: A set of judges strictly for Interview; a set of judges strictly for Swimsuit; a set of judges strictly for Evening Gwon; a set of judges strictly for Finals; revamp the scoring %, sprinkly former Miss America's throughout those four panels and also some professionals for the given area being judged

Author:
VT'er
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:37:13 09/15/14 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Kate Shindle

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:17:42 09/15/14 Mon

This chick has got it all figured out and tried to help the MAO brass right the ship. But they foolishly ignored her and the other formers who could have helped.

Replies:
Subject: Best seat in the house at the best price! Once again I beat out temptation to go to AC, seeing that AC is within a reasonable driving distance and I've never attended the pageant in AC but have been tempted to see what all the excitment is all about. Once again, I'm so happy to have saved hundreds, if not over a thousand of $ and come home riddled with disappointment from seeing the reality of AC and the show itself - bad seats, screaming fans, signs blocking your view, overpriced meals, sad reality of AC's downfall...etc. If you attended, are you glad you did, would you do it again? What was your overall cost including hotel/tickets/meals....etc.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:12:04 09/15/14 Mon

Replies:
Subject: MAO is in trouble if overnight ratings matter . It was a mistake to not televise live on West Coast. n/t

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:26:02 09/15/14 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Being Miss America by Kate Shindle

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:19:54 09/15/14 Mon

I finished Kate's book a few weeks ago. She completely nailed it with everything that is wrong with this pageant.

Replies:
Subject: Pageant Summary -- As a long time supporter and volunteer for MAO I was EXTREMELY disappointed in the final results last night.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:50:00 09/15/14 Mon

This organization is supposed to be about talent and scholarship. The girl who won had a presentable voice but ZERO talent. This pageant was a JOKE.

I did think the hosts were good and that they kept the pageant moving along at a quick pace. Overall the Top 10 talent was good with the exception of maybe 2-3.

I don't care how nice she is, what kind of personality she has, etc. 99.99 percent of the American public did not see her interview and only saw snippets of her personality on stage. MAO should focus on building their image in the American public eyes...not becoming a joke as they are today.

I am extremely disappointed in the choice but will support her nevertheless.

Replies:
Subject: State Directors should demand clarifications on the scoring system. It's not fair for them to lure girls to the pageants under a point system that is completely disregarded when judges go rogue. My daughter was interested in competing, but at this point, it seems ridiculous and confusing.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:12:36 09/15/14 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Dear Miss America Organization

Author:
Anongirl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:48:40 09/14/14 Sun

Dear Miss America Organization,

Clearly tonight's winner was a shock to everyone and it has many, many long time viewers upset. Over the years, especially in a day of social media, ratings have gone down. By the time the West Coast and Hawaii watches the end of Miss America (and even Miss USA/Universe) everyone around the world knows who won and as such people in other time zones who did not watch live won't bother watching live. Here's a suggestion to solve this problem.

AIR MISS AMERICA LIVE ON BOTH COASTS!

If you want to bring back viewers you need to do that. Football games do it, other events do it. So air Miss America live on both coasts!

Furthermore, give us the viewers more power. Top 15 should be picked from the best girls during preliminaries, from there Top 10 and Top 5 should be America's vote. (Another reason why it should be aired live on both coasts.) One Top 5 has been picked by America then the final five's order is chosen by the judges.

Also bring back the judges scores. Make it public again as it use to be. We the viewers want to see the scores to see that it's a fair vote.

Replies:
Subject: Please help to update the talent Selections

Author:
love your help
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:12:26 09/15/14 Mon

Please help us update the talent "selections"(name of song,etc) that were performed in Atlantic City. Some of this list is what was performed at state, so please help update this list. (This will go on Wikipedia so we would like it to be accurate)

AL -Caitlin Brunell –Ballet ep -“Let It Go”(Frozen)
AK -Malie Delgado -Vocal -“Mercy on Me”
AZ -Alexa Rogers -Dance -“You’ll Be in My Heart”
AR -Ashton Campbell -Vocal -“Via Dolorosa”
CA -Marina Inserra -Vocal -“Bring Him Home”
CO -Stacey Cook - Tahitian Dance -“Bruno Mars’ Runaway Baby’”
CT -Acacia Courtney -Ballet ep –“Don Quixote”
DC -Teresa Davis -Piano -“White Water Chopsticks”
DE -Brittany Lewis -Dance – “Let There Be Love”
FL -Victoria Cowen -Dance –“Note to God”
GA -Maggie Bridges -Vocal -“There Will Come a Day”
HI -Stephanie Steuri -Hula dance - “Feelin Good”
ID –Sierra Sandison –vocal –“Forget About the Boy”(Thoroughly Modern Millie)
IA -Alysa Lou Olson -Vocal -“If I Loved You”
IL -Marisa Buchheit –Operatic vocal -“Je Veux Vivre” (Romeo et Juliette)
IN -Audra Casterline -Vocal -“Over the Rainbow”
KS -Amanda Sasek -Vocal -“Out Here on My Own”(Fame)
KY –Ramsey Carpenter –fiddle –“Orange Blossom Special” “Sally Goodin”
LA -Lacey Sanchez -Vocal -“God Help the Outcast”(Hunchback of Notre Dame)
MA -Lauren Kuhn -Piano -“Valse Dramatico”
ME -Audrey Thames – monologue -
MD -Jade Kenny -Ballet ep – “Everybody Dance Now”
MI -KT Maviglia -Dance -“Be Italian”
MN -Savannah Cole -Vocal -“House of the Rising Sun”
MO -Jessica Hartman -Lyrical dance -“The Prayer”
MS –Jasmine Murray –vocal – “Something’s Got a Hold on Me”(Burlesque)
MT -Victoria Valentine –Vocal / Harp -“Danny Boy”
NE -Megan Swanson -Vocal -“You Raise Me Up”
NM -Jessica Burson -Dance -“Steam Heat”
NV -Ellie Smith -vocal -“Queen’s Somebody to Love”
NJ -Cierra Kaler-Jones -Dance -“Listen”
NH -Megan Cooley -Vocal -“On My Way”
NY -Kira Kazantsev -Vocal -“Pharrell’s ‘Happy’”
NC -Beth Stovall -Operatic vocal -Je Veux Vivre”(Romeo et Juliette)
ND -Jacky Arness -Vocal -“Feelin Good”
OH -Mackenzie Bart -Ventriliquism -"Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious”
OK -Alex Eppler -Dance -“Titanium”
OR -Rebecca Anderson -Vocal -“Let It Go”(Frozen)
PA -Amanda Smith –Vocal - ”Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again”(Phantom of the Opera)
PR -Yarelis Salgado -Ballet ep –“Flamenco Fusion”
RI -Ivy Depew -Flute -“Carnival of Venice”
SC -Lanie Hudson -Clog dance -“Aretha Franklin’s ‘Think’”
SD -Meredith Gould -Ballet –“Hedwig’s Theme”(Harry Potter)
TN -Hayley Lewis -Vocal -“I Who Have Nothing”
TX –Monique Evans –Ballet ep –“Requiem”
UT -Karlie Major -Dance -“Forget About the Boy”
VA -Courtney Garrett -Operatic vocal -“Parla Piu Piano”(Speak Softly Love from The Godfather)
VT -Lucy Edwards -Vocal -“I am Changing”
VI -Ashley Gabriel -Vocal -“Rolling in the Deep”
WA –Kailee Dunn –Vocal –“Someone Like You”(Jekyll & Hyde)
WV -Paige Madden -Vocal -“Gravity”
WI -Raeanna Johnson -Ballet ep -“Hallelujah”
WY -Jessie Allen -Dance –

Thank you!

Replies:
Subject: So many of the general public are scratching their heads right now. They don't understand that a ballot system is in place. I have absolutely nothing against the winner. Just don't try to tell me that the scoring system is fair.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:28:20 09/14/14 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Outsider's Opinion

Author:
buddy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:55:26 09/15/14 Mon

My family, including wife and daughter who used to be in pageants, watched and as the evening progressed we had NY as our pick - and we are about as Southern as you can get. She seemed the most genuine, was VERY articulate, and had that "girl next door" quality a Miss America needs. Talent was cute and she actually has a nice voice. Congrats NY!

Replies:
Subject: I am totally rooting for our new Miss America. She was intelligent, beautiful and showed personality for days. I fell in love with pageants as tot, the reason Kaye Lani. I can only imagine what folks would've said about her if the internet existed then. And you know what, Kaye Lani is STILL my favorite, the pageant still exists, and Kira will still be a positive influence on some young persons life. Proud of her!

Author:
I'll watch again next year, and I will still encourage young woman to compete. The program has given me so much!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:56:58 09/15/14 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Coronation song

Author:
Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:53:48 09/15/14 Mon

We all know that was not "There She Is", when Kira walked the runway, but it did sound like the song that was used when Vanessa Williams and Sharlene Wells were named Miss America...anyone know the official title of this song used tonight for the runway walk??

Replies:
Subject: Just eliminate the Talent competition.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:26:58 09/15/14 Mon

Seriously...maybe it is time to just end the talent competition and quit the charade of it being the most important part of the competition. The strongest talents were left out of the Top 5 and a contestant who banged a cup on the stage won. Come on.

Just go to:

Interview 50%
Swimsuit 25%
Evening Gown 25%

Subject: People are posting pictures of a Red Solo cup with a Miss America crown on top of it all over Twitter! Even a tv station in Arkansas is running the picture. This has made a mockery out of Miss America.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:07:04 09/15/14 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Did Kira compete in Miss CA when she lived there?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:41:58 09/14/14 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Our new and future Miss Americas

Author:
Ernie Koneck
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:28:38 09/15/14 Mon

First I'll apologize to Miss NY and new Miss A for ragging at her about taking the competition seriously. Clearly she did. My only excuse wS having a lot of other things on my mind and that dress just pushed one too many pageant buttons for me.

First, I thought her gown tonight was stunning. Second, her talent was much better than expected once I heard her sing. I wrongly assumed the cup was a crutch; it was a conversation piece.

And, I suspect, part of Kira's legacy to the pageant. I wouldn't be surprised to see them change the name of the talent competition to the entertainment competition, with more off beat talents, or standard talents made conversation-worthy by props, tricky costumes, really unusual music choices, etc.

As for the outcome of the pageant, Kira's very articulate and I bet she thinks on her feet very well. She has an "interesting" take on fashion to say the least; I can't til she gets her hands on her Joseph Ribkoffs. They'll probably be unrecognizable - and that's a good thing.

Frankly my single biggest thrill of the night was when MA got called into the final spot in the top 5. Seeing AL, OK, TN and MS all get eliminated in one fell swoop is something I never thought I'd see on Miss America. Not because any of them are awful in any way, it's just there all sash states and little Miss MA pulls the upset of the night by making the 5. I imagined she ruined a lotta folks Road to Miss America predictions.

So at the end of the night I'm fine with the winner; the judges could have done much worse, and judging by the top 5, they did seem to be all over the place; the top 5 were quite a diverse bunch in terms of personality, background, looks, just about any measure.

I'm thrilled the judges saw in Lauren what I did - an incredibly accomplished young woman who truly embodies the four points of the crown. Getting to know her this past month has been a real pleasure.

Finally, I'm not sure who won the Face of Miss America contest, but I know my personal winner in that category is Courtney Garrett, Miss Virginia. To me, no on else was even a close second.

Subject: My advice to State ED’s

Author:
Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:01:46 09/15/14 Mon

If I were you, I would comprise a list of all of the judges who sat on the NY state pageant judging panels for the past three years. I would then immediately begin to contact them until I filled my judging panel for my state pageant next year. They obviously had a good sense of what the MAO is looking for each year. Also, I would NEVER charge my judges to put an emphasis on talent, it is just not that important any more. Good Night!

Subject: Why doesn't MAO just change the scoring system and rrmove talent all together. You are making a mockery of those who are truly talented. No wonder the over all quality of the talent gets worse every year. what talented woman would want to be made a mockery of on national television?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:26:21 09/14/14 Sun

Replies:
Subject: The Miss America Organization should NEVER mention the word TALENT again - end of story. Best talents in the top 10 than we have had in years with one exception and that wins!! An ABSOLUTE embarassment to the organization. People are laughing like crazy. Cute girl but now way should she have won. Best two in the top 10 were AL and MS and they did not even make the top 5 - what a joke!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:45:20 09/14/14 Sun

Replies:
Subject: STEM Scholarships

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:03:42 09/14/14 Sun

NM
VT
OH
MA
GA

Replies:
Subject: Face of Miss America 2015 voted on by Pageant Guru posters

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:37:42 09/14/14 Sun

Congratulations to Meridith Gould, Miss South Dakota

Replies:
Subject: Donna Axum

Author:
Curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:42:41 09/14/14 Sun

I haven't seen Donna in any of the photos posted with the formers, etc. Is she at the pageant this year? She is usually always in attendance.

Replies:
Subject: Former Miss America titleholders at Miss America 2015

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:36:01 09/14/14 Sun

Replies:
Subject: -

Author:
-
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:05:13 09/14/14 Sun

Main index ] [ Archives: 123[4] ]
Free Hit Counter
Saks Fifth Avenue Coupon
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.