VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time ]
Subject: Re: After Buddy Holly but before the Beatles

Author:
Mike
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 05:24:34 09/22/17 Fri
In reply to: Mo Andrews 's message, "After Buddy Holly but before the Beatles" on 13:59:26 09/21/17 Thu

Mo,

I don't doubt that the countries you mentioned did revere Buddy Holly and The Crickets more after his death than his home country, especially in terms of airplay & record sales... That's one thing that I always found weird, that the foreign markets care(d) more about vintage rock 'n roll than its own home country... I mean yeah, in the US, we might get an okay greatest hits compilation or two, but the record companies here would probably ever consider doing the in-depth box sets that Bear Family and Charley did for a lot of our artists...

And proof that you're right about foreign markets keeping vintage acts going not only applies to Del and Roy, but Chuck Berry, JLL, Carl Perkins, Little Richard, and the like... And not only did the foreign markets keep some acts going, in the 70s, it was notable for bringing other "forgotten acts" out of retirement, back onto the stage and in some cases, back into the recording studio too... Acts like Warren Smith, Billy Lee Riley, Sonny Burgess, etc. all had new life breathed into their careers due to the European markets...

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
After Buddy Holly but before the BeatlesMo Andrews14:00:29 09/23/17 Sat

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.