VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 07:15
Author: Cowboy - 25 Feb 2002
Subject: "Trilogy of Divine Love" controversy

Hi,

i have read this message in the Srf message board. Someone have some comment about that?

--------------------------------------

Questions about the book "Trilogy of Divine Love" have been recently asked, and I have a pertinent one that I haven't found the answer for. In the first (1992/1993) edition of the Trilogy, and before the Table of Contents, there are copies of three handwritten letters with a typed version next to each. Two of these letters are from Dr. M. W. Lewis and Brother Sarolananda. I compared the original handwritten versions with the typed counterpart of the 2 letters and found the following:

In Dr. Lewis' letter the following typed paragraphs DO NOT EXIST in the original handwritten letter:

"I cannot forget your sacrifices with the Master in the early days. Also how you built the churches and of course the hermitage and other projects. But to carry out Master's orders as to putting the Fellowship on a solid foundation, was your greatest victory. I know it was a very difficult assignment--but you did it--and that is what counts. You have done an invaluable service to all of your brothers and sisters, everywhere.

"I have one suggestion--that you now rest a little more from your labors, which is certainly in order--you have done so much.

"Once more Durga, thank you for pouring oil on troubled waters, by your gesture, born of the Divine Love in you. If there is anything I can do, you know, all you have to do is ask."

And in Brother Sarolananda's letter, here are a few EXTRAS that are not reflected in the original:

"...and I know I can stand unshaken amidst the crash of breaking worlds. My only ambition is to serve in a humble way and give God and Master's love and hope and encouragement to those that I can.

"My heart has gone out to you, for I know you have not had an easy time of it. But you may take comfort from the fact that out of those few pure and true souls who are willing to suffer misunderstandings and persecution, does God make His saints, and enfold in His Love.

"Had it not been for your long years of faithful and devoted service to Rajasi and Master, SRF might not now be in the stable financial condition it enjoys.

"I salute you and send you my love and tell you that we are one. One in God, Master's Rajasi's & Dr.'s love, and the love of all those that love God."

Since the handwritten and typed versions are placed side by side, it is easy to see and compare the two. My question is: Why were these extras added to the original? And if only two pages of the book have such huge discrepancy, is it likely that the book has more of them? I am in no way questioning the credibility and integrity of Durga Mata who was a great disciple of the Guru. After all she did not publish the book. Perhaps someone can enlighten me regarding this matter.

idf
Kare

---------------------------------------

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.