VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 00:31
Author: Brian D
Subject: The secret of I

"The secret of I"

A little further back in time I was reading a book by Ramana Maharshi, with a photograph of him on the front. I glanced at the eyes, and got a shock, as the eyes were in me. They were "the eyes of my eyes", my inner being, looking at my perfect nature somehow manifesting as the form of Ramana.

I don't practice any yoga or meditation techniques, nor follow any religion or doctrine. I've "been there, done that", and given it all up. Somehow the Supreme Compassion, call it Christ if you wish, reached out to me, and I just stand in the wilderness weeping tears of love.

I don't want to be identified personally, as an individual, as anything special. What I describe is our true nature, claimable by all. Discover the non-path of the gyani, the instantaneous experience of Truth.

I have created some pages that reflect some of my experiences and viewpoint, plus links to sites on the Web.
http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/void/shunya/

Brian D. "Mindfull Awareness, Education & Reference"
@ http://www.voy.com/47716/

Road Tales

"We were in Tokyo on tour and I had a few minutes to myself in the hotel room before the evening's concert. Leafing through Paramhansa Yoganada's "Autobiography of a Yogi" I got caught up in the lengthy footnote on page 83.

It described the four part shastrick scriptures which cover all aspects of religion and social life as well as fields like medicine and music, art and architecture.

For some time I had been searching for a theme for a large scale composition. So positive in character were the shastras that I could visualise there and then four interlocking pieces of music being structured around them.

That was in February. Eight months later the concept was realised in this recording.

While still on tour, first in Australia and then the U.S., I had spelled out the idea to Steve. He liked it and the two of us at once began holding sessions by candlelight in our hotel rooms. By the time we reached Savannah, Georgia, things had come together very clearly.

There, during one six-hour session, which carried on until 7 a.m., we worked out the vocal, lyrical and instrumental foundation for the four movements.

It was a magical experience which left both of us exhilerated for days.

Chris, Rick and Alan made very important contributions of their own as the work evolved during the five months it took to arrange, rehearse and record.

The Revealing Science of God, Dance of the Dawn

SHRUTIS: The Revealing Science of God can be seen as an ever-opening flower in which simple truths emerge examining the complexities and magic of the past and how we should not forget the song that has been left to us to hear. The
knowledge of God is a search, constant and clear.

"To me it is a song about the beginning of time, about God and how different people percieve and interpret what God Energy is."

The Remembering (High the Memory)

"This is a song about remembering our own lifetimes, our own histories, and remembering we are a part of a constant cycle of life."

SURITIS: The Remembering. All our thoughts, impressions, knowledge, fears, have been developing for millions of years. What we can relate to is our own past, our own life, our own history. Here, it is especially Rick's keyboards which bring alive the ebb and flow and depth of our mind's eye; the topographic ocean. Hopefully we should appreciate that given points in time are not so significant as the nature of what is impressed on the mind, and how
it is retained and used.

The Ancients (Giants Under the Sun)

"This song conveys the feeling of ancient cultures, and ancient energies and knowledge that is still deep down a part of our existance."

PURANAS: The Ancient probes still further into the past beyound the point of remembering. Here Steve's guitar is pivotal in sharpening reflection on the beauties and treasures of lots civilisations, Indian, Chinese, Central, American, Atlantean. These and other people left an immense treasure of knowledge.

Ritual

"Literally, it translates into "we are of the sun." It is about the ritual of life. We must fight evil and be good. Love is around and we must find it and live in it. If we love our life, our Earth, then we will truely be happy>"

TANTRAS: The ritual seven notes of freedom to learn and to know the ritual of life. Life is a fight between sources of evil and pure love. Alan and Chris present and relay the struggle out of which comes a positive source. Nous sommes du soleil. We are of the sun. We can see.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.