VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time ]
Subject: "Trial By Fire" Album Review

Author:
Mike H.
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 17:36:56 04/02/02 Tue

There are positive points and negative points to everything in life, and Journey's reunion album, "Trial By Fire," is no exception.

Track one, "Message of Love," is a great rocker. It has really good vocal and guitar. Steve Perry and Neal Schon are at their best.

Track two, "One More," is a really good song. Another good Steve Perry/Neal Schon collaboration with great vocal and guitar.

Track three, "When You Love A Woman," is right up there, and I believe that with songs like "Message of Love" and "When You Love A Woman," if Journey had toured to promote the album, they would be as big now as they were twenty (20) years ago because "When You Love A Woman" has the three elements that made Journey such a great band -- great vocal, great guitar and great piano.

Track four, "If He Should Break Your Heart," is a great mid-tempo ballad, reminiscent of Frontiers' big hit, "Send Her My Love;" It has really good vocal and guitar.

Track five, "Forever In Blue" is a great rocker. In fact, "Forever In Blue" is my favorite song on the album because it has the best of the two (2) essential elements that equal Journey -- great vocal and great guitar.

Track six, "Castles Burning," has pretty good vocals; although, what I like best about the song is Neal Schon's killer guitar riff at the end of the song.

Track 7, "Don't Be Down On Me, Baby," is an OK ballad. It has a good vocal and guitar, but it isn't the best on the album.

"Track eight, "Still She Cries," is a pretty good ballad, but I think that it's too slow.

"Track nine, "Colors of The Spirit," starts out slow, but it builds with great vocals and a great guitar solo. A nice mid-tempo ballad.

Track ten, "When I Think Of You," is an a good ballad ballad. I like it better than "Still She Cries."

Track eleven, "Easy To Fall," has great guitar and piano.

Track twelve, "Can't Tame The Lion," is a great rocker. I really like Neal Schon's guitar and Steve Perry's vocal on this one.

Track thirteen, "It's Just The Rain," has great lead vocal and great piano. Steve Perry and Jonathan Cain are at their best as a duo on this one.

Track fourteen, "Trial By Fire," is a pretty good title track for this album; although, even though it's good, because of the ballads that precede it, it seems watered down by now.

Overall, an OK Journey; although, I feel it could be better. The only thing going for it is that it has some jazzy guitar on the "Trial By Fire track," the beginning of the album rocks you into the mood, and it's a nice farewell to frontman, Steve Perry's, twenty-year Journey with the group. But, keep listening because there's a really cool surprise on the album (a hidden track), but I won't give it away. It's a nice end for Journey's Steve Perry era. Enjoy!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: "Trial By Fire" Album ReviewLiz09:15:02 04/19/02 Fri
Re: "Trial By Fire" Album ReviewJulie16:46:38 08/18/03 Mon

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.