VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]789 ]
Subject: Re: What happening in Kandep?

Author:
Ambum Wanaku...(As Read on Post!)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Wed, Jun 13 2007, 02:57:24pm
In reply to: Uluwan 's message, "What happening in Kandep?" on Wed, Jun 13 2007, 01:59:56pm

Polye attacked

DEPUTY Prime Minister Don Polye was allegedly shot at by rival candidates in his Kandep electorate at a political rally on Saturday.
Mr Polye, who was still in a state of shock, told the Post-Courier from Wabag yesterday that he would have been a dead man had it not been for his bodyguards and supporters.
He said police security guards allocated to the office of the DPM and his supporters who were at the grand stand literally sacrificed their bodies as shields to cover him from being shot.
“I saw a candidate firing shots using a revolver and kept on firing as the crowd fled for cover.
“The shots were fired at my people and I was protected by my guards who whisked me to my car and drove me to safety,” he said.
He said two men were shot. One man’s fingers were shot off while another had bullet wounds to his head but the bullet did not penetrate his skull. Both men were rushed to the hospital and were recovering, he said.
Mr Polye said he did not expect candidates to resort to arms but this has really shocked him and he was still lost for words. He said three known candidates had organised their supporters to destabilise his rally that drew a big crowd wanting to show their support for him.
“One of the candidates who is a prominent person, had a pistol in his hands and fired about seven shots while the master of the ceremony was still introducing the guests,” he said.
Another ex-policeman (named), who was terminated for allegedly stealing firearms, was also in the company of the three candidates and fired a M16 rifle at the crowd, he said.
The ex-police officer was identified and he was believed to be using one of those stolen firearms, he said.
Mr Polye said he was concerned about whether he should make this ordeal public information or not, adding it would paint a bad picture of the elections in the country.
“On the other hand, it is wise to inform the authority as to what measures can be taken against those perpetrators,” he said.
The rally was organised at the Kandep station by the Komai and Wapai clans of the main Alitip tribe to welcome Mr Polye as their guest speaker.
Mr Polye said the tribe did not support him in the previous elections but because he had delivered services, the tribe decided to call the rally to show their support for him in this election.
He said the gathering was meant for him and if other candidates wanted to say something against him, they should have approached in a professional way and not through the barrel of the gun.
“I thank God for saving my life.
“I don’t mind dying for my people as their leader but not in such a manner that is not warranted at all,” Mr Polye said.
He said if candidates wanted to unseat him, they did not have to shoot him down to occupy the seat but rather win it in a fair and balanced election.
Provincial police chief Teddy Tei said he was aware of the incident but had not received a full report from anyone as yet.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: What happening in Kandep?

Author:
KiakAKALI YANGODAE
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wed, Jun 13 2007, 03:10:24pm

Don Ipi puu palera dae.
Yupla no pulap lo assesinatim ol gutpla lida blo enga ah?
sapos yupla ino inap lo usim het blo upla olsem DOn wokim, em noken tingting lo kamap lida.

The truth will reveal! Only time will tell.

GO KING POMB DON POLYE IPI.......AKALI YANGODAE!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT+10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.