VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]9 ]
Subject: Engan Leaders must support Lupari...

Author:
oneguy
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Wed, Feb 28 2007, 02:06:01pm

Extract from Sunday Chronicles, page 11, 18 Feb 2007. May be of interest for the up and coming elites of Enga??

Personally, I despise such short-sighted political leaders who use their mandated position to become bottlenecks in the way of progress. Especially Engan leaders like Don Polye and Sam Abal should stop interfering into appointments that are due only on merits.Lupari is one sucessfull Engan who deserves nothing but the best as demonstrated by the father of the nation in way of recommending Isaac Lupari as the 3rd person to the most envied postion. These two ministers should have
gone out of their way to endorse such undisputedly, the best and capable Son of Enga. what a joke?

I appeal to the people of Enga, especially Wabag and Kandep to know what these two ministers are continually doing to suppress your sons and daughters’ futures.
It is a timely reminder to the peopie of Enga that it’s not only Isaac Lupari that has suffered in the hands of these MP’s but there are other Departmental Heads, CEOS, Board Members, etc. that our MPs have also failed to support.
In fact, being a typical Engan, some of these affected CEOs have successfully battled it out in court and have won their cases white others are still fighting on.
My advice to these great professional leaders is to lift up your heads and fight on as only the truth will set you free and true justice will prevail.

Typically, in such times, you know very well, that your tribesmen, relatives and the silent majority of your peer group are morally supportiveand behind you.
Much as been said about the Sepik tsunami with the allocation/appointment of CEOs, Departmental Heads
and Administrators but nothing has been openly expressed about the silent Engan “warfare”,
To date, Our Engan MPs have done nothing tangible but only brought in their hidden “weapons of war” and are going around killing those long aspiring professional leaders.
The MPs are yet to support those young leaders recognised and endorsed by internationally reputed recruiting agents in the name of independence and transparency but God knows what happens behind the scenes.
Just for once, when will you as an elected MP’s demonstrate to the few Engans who are at the top cream of the work force that you do care and value us for our achievements?
Having said that may I also challenge the Engan MP’s over their contribution? Can you reveal to the public whom you (as an elected MP of Enga) have pledged and supported as a CEO, administrator, departmental dead, board chairman or member to various boards, etc. during your term in office? On the contrary, the names of CEOs, administrators, departmental heads, board chairman/members to various boards, etc that have lost their jobs during the Iast four years has gone past a dozen and potentially increasing?

Finally, for these very reasons, whether we like it or not, or whether we loose or win, we are bound to leaat out good jobs to face the very people that gave you the mandate.
Like all games known to man, there is only one winner .... but at least that is only a manifestation of our frustrations culminated over the years.

Oneguy(via email)
Port Moresby

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Engan Leaders must support Lupari...

Author:
Cool_Guy1
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wed, Feb 28 2007, 02:31:26pm

Leadership as "Maxwell" puts it, "is to have followers". If you dont have followers then a leader is just walking in the park. Leaders dont have to demand followers, respect of even recruit followers. Great leaders have followers at will because they attract people by the way they portray themselves.

Most Engan MPS dont seem to possess that. Instead of gathering the people of Enga, be it educated, subsistence farmer, a teach, children, woman etc. A true leader up-lifts the spirit of the person that they are serving rather than expecting the best for themselves.

In most instances, Engan leaders havent stood by Educated Engans who were trying their best to make it to the top. There are far expereinced and educated Engans who are fighing out cases in the courts just to justify their claim on the positions which they are entitled to. I have few examples of which, some of this Engan elites who have approached our MPs but they did not give support, for an Engan Son or Daughter to occupy a position. It is merit based appointment i am talking about. Merit based appointments like that of Issac Lupari should be supported by our Engan Leaders.

The current brand of leaders we have are filled with jealousy and envy. They dont want to see other Engans prosper in life.

I was approached by a close associated of a politician to make myself available for advise etc. I willing offered myself for free advise to run the electorate and even try to give much needed information on issues to relating to PNG on a regular basis for him to have fair idea on issues for debates in Parliament. I offered my service for free, because i knew that he represents our people back home. He told his close associate for me to go and see him. I told him to make and appointment and come see me if he was interested. That was the end of it.

All i am saying is that, MPs think they know more, but they dont realise that, there are educated Engans who can give them the best advise for them to be well versed with current issues and participate in parliamentary debates, rather than sitting there like a spectator.

An Engan leader who unites the educated and the local populace is a great leader. Leaders who dont have the trait to unite people are leaders are not leaders, they are merely "chance leaders"... I say we have a few "chance leaders" in parliament, that is why they feel threathened by educated elites. We all wont be contesting for the elections, but that does not get into their thick skulls. Their presumptions is that, any educated Engan from the electorate that they represent is a threat to them. So they become jealous and try to make sure they dont see them prosper.

I for one say to such jelous minded MP's. The Hell with them, they dont put food on my table. I sweat my guts out to provide my own food so the hell with such jealous minded freaks. We dont depend on politicians, if they want to play it that way, we play their game. If they dont respect the elite, then dont repsect them.

I hope this mentality changes in the MPs.

COol_Guy1

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Engan Leaders must support Lupari...

Author:
ch
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wed, Feb 28 2007, 05:17:28pm

[> Subject: Re: Engan Leaders must support Lupari...

Author:
61 WID
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Mar 13 2007, 07:22:40pm

This action by Polye and Abal is pathetic. It indicates how shallow-minded and selfish these two and other Engan members are. It just goes to show that they should not be returned in this GE.

Enga has produced a few good sons and daughters and they have trail-blazed in a few areas of the public and private sectors. Most have solid reputation in their respective fields and still have the potential to scale greater heights nationally and internationally.

Such professionals need all the support they can from their politicians. After all the Engan name will be flown high as a flag for all to see.

I fail to see why people of Isaac Lupari's calibre are given the cold shoulder by our members. If you want to be a leader of mankind you have to be TALKING about IDEAS and about people....There's a saying that goes like this 'small minds talk about people, mediocre minds talk about events and GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS'!!!

We need our leaders to talk about ideas, share ideas, get ideas from professional Engan, and covert those ideas into opportunities. Opportunities that will benefit Enga and PNG at large.

If people like Don Polye and Sam Abal are worth the cloth they are made from, they should support Enga's intellectual elites...but then it is too late for them now. We might as well get rid of them. Their actions do not warrant a second chance at power. Wabag and Kandep must be decisive this GE.

There are potential Engan leaders out there. Leaders that are educated, experienced, visionary, and can make a difference to the ordianry Engans lives.

61 WID.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT+10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.