VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]9 ]
Subject: Re: Engan Leaders must support Lupari...

Author:
Cool_Guy1
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Wed, Feb 28 2007, 02:31:26pm
In reply to: oneguy 's message, "Engan Leaders must support Lupari..." on Wed, Feb 28 2007, 02:06:01pm

Leadership as "Maxwell" puts it, "is to have followers". If you dont have followers then a leader is just walking in the park. Leaders dont have to demand followers, respect of even recruit followers. Great leaders have followers at will because they attract people by the way they portray themselves.

Most Engan MPS dont seem to possess that. Instead of gathering the people of Enga, be it educated, subsistence farmer, a teach, children, woman etc. A true leader up-lifts the spirit of the person that they are serving rather than expecting the best for themselves.

In most instances, Engan leaders havent stood by Educated Engans who were trying their best to make it to the top. There are far expereinced and educated Engans who are fighing out cases in the courts just to justify their claim on the positions which they are entitled to. I have few examples of which, some of this Engan elites who have approached our MPs but they did not give support, for an Engan Son or Daughter to occupy a position. It is merit based appointment i am talking about. Merit based appointments like that of Issac Lupari should be supported by our Engan Leaders.

The current brand of leaders we have are filled with jealousy and envy. They dont want to see other Engans prosper in life.

I was approached by a close associated of a politician to make myself available for advise etc. I willing offered myself for free advise to run the electorate and even try to give much needed information on issues to relating to PNG on a regular basis for him to have fair idea on issues for debates in Parliament. I offered my service for free, because i knew that he represents our people back home. He told his close associate for me to go and see him. I told him to make and appointment and come see me if he was interested. That was the end of it.

All i am saying is that, MPs think they know more, but they dont realise that, there are educated Engans who can give them the best advise for them to be well versed with current issues and participate in parliamentary debates, rather than sitting there like a spectator.

An Engan leader who unites the educated and the local populace is a great leader. Leaders who dont have the trait to unite people are leaders are not leaders, they are merely "chance leaders"... I say we have a few "chance leaders" in parliament, that is why they feel threathened by educated elites. We all wont be contesting for the elections, but that does not get into their thick skulls. Their presumptions is that, any educated Engan from the electorate that they represent is a threat to them. So they become jealous and try to make sure they dont see them prosper.

I for one say to such jelous minded MP's. The Hell with them, they dont put food on my table. I sweat my guts out to provide my own food so the hell with such jealous minded freaks. We dont depend on politicians, if they want to play it that way, we play their game. If they dont respect the elite, then dont repsect them.

I hope this mentality changes in the MPs.

COol_Guy1

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: Engan Leaders must support Lupari...

Author:
ch
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wed, Feb 28 2007, 05:17:28pm

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT+10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.