VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]9 ]
Subject: Who is coming home after 2007 Elections?

Author:
Guess Tasol
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Thu, Mar 01 2007, 07:31:02am

May I toss a competion for the good fortune tellers to predict the new 6 MP's before the formal surveys like M.Mell Reseach findings are published.

My prediction or guess based on hearsay are, for;
1 Enga - Daniel Kapi
2 Wabag - Anton Wangae
3. Kompiam - John Pundari
4. Wapenamanda - Watao Kare
5. Laiagam - Philip Kikala
6. Kandep - Jimson Sauk

Over to you guys, m wankain olsem guessing numbers long lucky lotto.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Who is coming home after 2007 Elections?

Author:
Naro
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, Mar 01 2007, 03:19:16pm

My predictions:
1 Enga - Paul Torato
2 Wabag - Matthew Parep
3. Kompiam - Jaricho Karato
4. Wapenamanda - Miki Kaeok
5. Laiagam - Opis Papo
6. Kandep - Don Polye

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Author:
Ulutainge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, Mar 01 2007, 05:18:57pm

Here's my prediction:
1) Enga - Paul Torato
2) Wabag - Daniel Kapi
3) Kompiam - Peter Wallus
4) Wapenamanda - Miki Kaeok
4) Laiagam - Philip Kikala
5) Kandep - Jimson Sauk

Author:
Enga-miok
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, Mar 01 2007, 11:32:22pm

Here is my prediction:
Enga: Fr. Paul Kanda Tondop (he has integrity)
Wabag: DK (he has force)
Kompiam: Paul Kurai - if not John Pundari. He has money
Wapenamanda: Masket Ingalio (he has money)
Liagam: Philip Kilala (he has the knowledge)
Kandep: Don Polye (so far he is good)

This is from my recent visit to Enga.

Enga-Miok in Fiji

Author:
Chiko
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Mar 02 2007, 02:25:34pm

More predictions:

1 Enga - Paul Torato
2 Wabag - Anton Wangae
3. Kompiam - Paul Kurai
4. Wapenamanda - Miki Kaeok
6. Kandep - Alfred Manase

Author:
Kwipali
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, Mar 05 2007, 02:51:47pm

My predictions based on recent hearsay:
1. Enga: Paul Torato
2. Wabag: Pato Potane
3. Kompiam: Yaliko Karato
4. Laigaim: Yasowa Kome
5. Kandep: Don Polye
6. Wapenamanda: Miki Kaeok

Author:
anita
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, Mar 05 2007, 03:29:08pm

My prediction
1 Enga - Paul Torato
2 Wabag - Matthew Parep
3. Kompiam - Jaricho Karato
4. Wapenamanda - Maryanne Amu
5. Laiagam - Opis Papo
6. Kandep - Don Polye

Author:
Timintenges
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, Mar 05 2007, 06:15:56pm

My prediction will eventuate because i did the same and it happened..Believe it or not, trust me.
1 Enga - Yakuman Michael Yai Pupu
2 Wabag - Matthew Parep
3. Kompiam - Dickson Maki
4. Wapenamanda - Masket Iangalio
5. Laiagam - Opis Papo
6. Kandep - Don Polye

Out of these, only one will get the highest minister post and tell me who will that be?

[> [> Subject: Re: Who is coming home after 2007 Elections?

Author:
neelaa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, Mar 05 2007, 06:37:12pm

This is 99%..only one MP will omit from here....The High profile minister will go to Dickson Maki...

Author:
Miss Enga 2007
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Mar 06 2007, 10:01:19am

My prediction

1 Enga - Catholic Bishop (I live in Enga and heard that there is one rising up and all the catholics in Enga are voting him in and that's one domninat religion up there)

2 Wabag - Anton Wange/Samuel Kopamu (Both have degree's. Anton a civil engineer for Shell Company now and Samuel a docotrate in Mathematics and highly respected in America for producing the formula book called 'Enga Mapu'. Both men are highly intellgent.)

3. Kompiam - Peter Wallus(Worked with shell for over 10 years. Handles money well...Meaning 100's in thousands and has a good mind and good future...has already started working for his people with the help of his brother Jacob Luke.I'm sure he will not steal from people. He is already a buisness man...been a buisnessman for over 7yrs now! Runs service stations in Port Moresby.)

4. Wapenamanda - Maryanne Amu/Masket Angalio( Maryanne Amu, love her! She's a woman and its about time she got in! Met her and she has bright future's for her people. Masket is well known for his kindess with his people.)

5. Laiagam - Opis Papo (He seems to be stong with beliefs.)

6. Kandep - Don Polye(His doing good so far and would do more good!)

Author:
Miss Enga
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Mar 06 2007, 10:07:58am

Naro, I would like to just make a notice to you that Jaricho Karato is giving space to Peter Wallus to go for it...

Author:
TimiinTenges
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Mar 06 2007, 10:12:14am

Ong nambae paling....

Author:
Miss Enga 2007
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Mar 06 2007, 11:03:07am

How is Jaricho Karato your paling???

Author:
dalatae
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Mar 09 2007, 01:43:05pm

No peter wallus..nambae eret palling...wanenge nambae ..

Author:
Naro
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Mar 06 2007, 01:42:06pm

Miss Enga,

Who told you that JK(Jaricko Karato) gave the nods to Peter Wallus. JK is the man DM (Dickson Maki) is scared of. He may not have the financial backings like Wallus but the people of Ambum have their heart for him.

Cheers,
Naro

Author:
Miss Enga 2007
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, Mar 08 2007, 08:51:18am

Naro, Jaricko Karato is his uncle...We all know him back to front...Jaricko Karato, if you know him closely then you will know his background and know why we are saying this...You go find out for yourself sindaun wantiam ol man na tok tok...maybe then you will realise what some of the true authentic ambum people like me living in Enga know what we are going on about...

Thank-you!

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Mar 06 2007, 05:23:16pm

Hey People of Enga, Countrymen and Countrywomen,

I think we need to throw out all those familiar and recycled people like Masket Yangalio, Peter Ipatas, Opis Papo, Mathew Parep, Dickson Maki, John Pundari, Jeffrey Balakau and the likes.

This people have been contesting elections regularly every elections day and the province is tired of them. Although some have won, they have never in the history of the province brought about significant changes to the lives of ordinary Engans.

Who the hell are they?!? Enga is not a Kingdom and they are not royalties. Enga is part of a free democratic country.

We should look at new and fresh faces like Samuel Kopamo, Anton Wangae and Peter Wallus. These are credible Engans who have made their mark in their respected field and are concerned enough about our province to run for respective seats. Enga should identify leaders of such caliber and give them the mandate to lead for a change. They may have better vision and insights that the current bunch of power-hungry, recycled and visionless candidates lack.

Remember for good governance, tranparency and accountability it is better to rotate leaders every 1 or 2 terms. Those who stay too long tend to forget about the public welfare and focus instead on their personal wealth.

Food for you thoughts.

Author:
Miss Enga 2007
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, Mar 08 2007, 08:56:40am

61, I totally agree with your statement!!! We need new fresh faces...Em tru ya! Traim na selectim ol trupla man nambaut...Yet, Engans are longlong enough too still vote for the same culprits that steal money...it goes to show that Engans are corrupt the bribery system is still on....
Go, Anton Wange, Peter Wallus & Samuel Kopamu.....I stand strong and proud for you three!

Author:
New Blood
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, Mar 08 2007, 08:00:17am

I fully support 61's comments and predict the following to run home.
1. Enga - Daniel Kapi
2. Wabag - Anton Wangae
3. Kompiam - Jack Naiyep
4. Kandep - Alfred Manase
6. Wapenamanda - Watao Kare

Author:
Miss Enga 2007
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Mar 09 2007, 09:32:37am

Naro, he has....No more arguments...

Author:
Naro
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, Mar 08 2007, 11:59:31am

Guys get the facts right. We are talking about Enga Politics and mark my words, the following are in for 2007 post July:
Enga - Paul Torato
Kandep - Don Polye
Laiagam - Opis Papo (or any contestant who is from Porgera or Paela as too many will contest within the upper Laigaip and middle Laigaip. Say more than 2 candidates in each tribe)
Wabag - Matthew Parep
Kompiam - Jaricko Karato (he has neved given any space to anybody including Wallus as claimed by Miss Enga)
Wapenamande - Miki Keok

Ta,
Naro

Author:
Miok Rutz
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, Mar 08 2007, 01:14:41pm

Naro, just a correction on your behalf!

In light of the West Enga Movement, resentment of Governor Ipatas,and the untimely death of the late Anderson Aipit, most notable candidates from Sirunki, Laiagam, and Maip-Mulitaka (e.g. Patrick Nasa, Andrew Tia Wapalin, Napi Kandaso, Thomas Tulin, etc.) have declined candidacy or emphasized their vote of confidence in Mr. Philip Kikala for Lagaip/Porgera Open. PK enjoys the overwhelming support of the majority from Laiagam, Sirunki, and Maip-Mulitaka. He will most definately muster support votes from Lagaip Headwaters and Porgera come E-day.

Don Polye and Paul Torato have given him a golden hand shake labelling him as the Member in-waiting. Thus far, PK's popularity and chances supersede that of Opis Papo or any other candidate. He is tipped to win by 2 or 3 times the total votes gained by the winning candidate of 2002 (Kappa Yarka). Do your homework in Laiagam, and ask around! The people are tired of politics and have sworn allegiance to one man with the capacity to MOVE the electorate, PK!

I was there! Prove me wrong...

Author:
Naro
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, Mar 08 2007, 04:19:56pm

MRutx..you may be right! I will vote for PK has he falls into my personal criteria of voting for MPs although there are some concerns when he was the National Planning Secretary and the recent National Housing outburst. There are no potential candidate in Laiagam who has the credentials of a true leader that we dream of...likewise for Enga. What I meant was: in previous elections, Laigaip/Porgera Open seat has lured in more candidates than any other electorates in the country, and if my personal statistics are right, most of the contestants were from Sirunki, Upper Laigaip and Middle Laigaip where PK hails from. I am sure the same trend will apply this GE. And that is why, I am predicting either Opis or any hot candidate in the Porgera and Paiala area will come as the winner.

Overall, my vote is for PK as there is no other better candidate in Laigaip that can win my vote in terms of knowledge and experience at management level. I am sure he will clear any doubts we have on him when he becomes our MP. By the way, what party banner is he vying under...is it PNG Party? He is a Sir Mek stronghold.

Ta,
Naro

Author:
New Blood
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Mar 09 2007, 09:21:54am

Good to hear 'Naro' talking about a selection criteria?

Much as been said about our potential MP's from Enga or the so called 'MP's in waiting' but what criteria did you use to do your predictions?

How about coming up with some selection criteria before you hand pick a bunch of your wantoks or wanpeles to win each seat and to come home, quite opposite to the way likeminded professional elites should be thinking?

See if this helps. In order to indentify and select the BEST candidate, you do a shortlist from the available candidates. To do the shortlist, you need to have a tested checklist derived from the job description or duty statement, in this case to suit the MP's post.

Only then, you will be in a better position to investigate, assess or screen the available candidates to complete your elimination process and ofcourse select your best candidate.

Whats so hard about fielding 6 MP's from Enga who are all professionals that meet the following minimum requirements;

1. Education - Minimum Degree from any necognised University
2. Experience - Minimum ten years or more. Preferably, five years in senior management. Possess good management and leadership qualities.
3. Personal Attributes - Honest, trustworthy, no criminal records, good communication skills, teamwork, Good People management skills, Good Financial management skills, recognised by respective tribes as their own, Married to only one wife, etc.
4. etc.

It will never happen but wish professionals had a say.

Author:
Miok Rutz
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Mar 09 2007, 11:27:27am

Naro

From particular sources, I understand PK could run as an independent at first and then possibly join a major party in the aftermath of the election. This off course, is a wise decision considering the possible fall-out of particular parties doomed in the 2007 national election. In PNG, avoiding petty party politics is wise, so as to ensure smooth administration of EDF funds without undue manipulation on the part of government.

However, I heard NA and PNG Party are hotly behind his heels in their bid to recruit him. The decision, off course, lies with him and for the best interest of the electorate.

Cheers!

Author:
Nolove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sun, Mar 11 2007, 10:01:44am

I do not know much about the catholic priest's but still question the likes of these lifetime bachelors??

You got to have the four letter word L-O-V-E and I question if they have passion for love of one another? If no love for their opposite sex and children if the two get married and have kids, how on earth will they exercise their feelings for the people that they represent.

I know you heard the saying 'Love many, choose few and marry one'... similarly, lets love and accept all candidates alike, choose few that fall into your category and cast 2nd & 3rd votes and sign your lifelime contract with one by casting your 1st vote...

Candidates like Fr Paul Kanda and Bro Daniel Kapi are my biggest ??? How will they satisty the peoples needs if they have no tried feelings???

Author:
Naro
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sun, Mar 11 2007, 02:14:32pm

Thanks Miok Rutz. My personal researched opinion is that PK is vying under the banner of PNG Party as he has a long solid relationship with Sir Mekere. I would be happy if he contests under PNG Party and joins force with New Generation Party and the Stars Alliance Party to form the next government post July.

TO NEW BLOOD: My predictions were merely based on hearsay. We the elites of the province can have our own selection criteria (like mine) but my predictions were based on Engan politics that is rooted in the blood of the people of Enga. If all the people of Enga have the same mindset as we have, then I would have listed candidates who meet our dream criteria. But this is not the case in Enga...it will take some years or will never eventuate UNLESS we the so-called elites do something to influence our peeps back at home. Let's be honest to ourselves and show it to fellow citizens that we are what we preach here on this forum instead of just publishing good opinions when actually our action and conduct is totally opposite to what we say.

It's high time, we Engans and PNG elites that preach about honesty, transparency, accountability, etc..etc... be what we you preach instead of just pretending!!!

Cheers,
Naro

Author:
Miss Enga 2007
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, Mar 12 2007, 08:32:11pm

Naro, are you talking about the name JK....You tell us all some information about him...All I know is his another fraud like Dickson Magi...
Mi stap lo Enga na mi write come mi no longlong....You tell me what kind of qualification he has and why he would stand up for this election???

Thanks!

Author:
Naro
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, Mar 12 2007, 08:55:02pm

Miss Enga,

If you read my lines carefully, I particularly mentioned that my predictions were based on hearsay and the Engan politics methodology...not based on our wish/dream list. He (JK) may not have the qualifications like Wallus or any other so-called educated guys in Kompiam-Ambum (or Enga) however he is not a fraud like DM so watch your mouth. He is a simple hard-working high school teacher just trying his luck like anybody else to make his policies known come GE time. Any Tom, Dick and Harry can become a politician in PNG UNLESS you and I who pretend here on this forum be real and stop pretending. We have to check ourselves out and see if we are good citizens both in conduct and what we say here portrays who we are in reality.

Cheers,
Naro

Author:
Miss Enga 2007
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Mar 13 2007, 10:53:46am

Naro, thank-you for supporting my facts..That's all I needed to know...

Author:
update
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Apr 06 2007, 10:54:37pm

My prediction based on popularity on the ground now for the benefit of the people who have not visited Enga recently;
1 Enga - Daniel Kapi. All others will fall short of numbers. Ony DK or Pundari can challenge Ipatas.
2 Wabag - A toss up between Anton Wangae and Pato Potane. The sitting MP lost pace after the distribution of the K1.1 million.
3. Kompiam - John Pundari and Tit Karato
4. Wapenamanda - Miki Kaeok after switching to NA, 5 candidates from Sak are still waiting for PP endorsement
5. Laiagam - Philip Kikala or Kundapen Talyaga if he comes up
6. Kandep - Alfred Manase or Don

FYI, Enga is experiencing party politics for the first time. NA & PP are going neck to neck.

Author:
Dewrest!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sat, Apr 07 2007, 10:23:07am

For Wabag Open, I think Anton Wangae and Pato Potane are quality candidates. However, I personally would rather vote for Anton Wangae because of the following reasons;

1. He has substantial senior corporate experience in the private sector

2. He is a very principled person with leadership vision and has exhibited this crucial qualities in multinational companies like Shell and Mobil where he was previously employed in very senior positions

3. He is well respected in his tribe and at ties has played pivotal role in uniting the tribe through their differences

4. He is a proud Engan and believes in a United Enga.

These are my personal observations after studying him from a distance. It is not to down play Pato Potane's credibility. On the contrary, I think Potane is a good leader in his own right. However, Anton Wangae is a leader the electorate should give serious thought to because he ha s what it takes to transform Wabag and Enga into the place we all want our province to be.

Dewrest!

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Apr 13 2007, 02:13:37pm

Full support to Anton Wangae for Wabag Open!

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT+10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.