VoyForums

Friday, November 27, 10:29:54amLogin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:48:13 03/12/11 Sat
Author: Debi
Subject: Option 2
In reply to: Esther 's message, "HOMEWORK" on 16:47:36 02/22/11 Tue

Valerie and Daniel, at some point in the near future.

Excerpt from New Tricks, copyright 2010-2011. All rights reserved. Does not constitute publication.

Daniel sat on the deck, book in hand, Taser lying beside his chair. He had offered to help Valerie with her gardening but she refused his help, accepting only his company. She puttered through the ever-expanding flowerbeds; he wondered if hed have any lawn left when she was finished. Late spring sun filtered through the trees, leaving only patches of sunlight.

Her growing belly served as a convenient spot to brace a plant while she pulled the plastic pot off the root ball. It proved less useful when she bent to push soil back into the hole. She tried a different tactic, bending from the side, and nearly toppled. As she glanced over to see if hed witnessed her awkward moment, he pretended to watch a squirrel on the deck rail, suppressing a smile. She used the shovel with its blade jammed in the soil to lever herself upright and shrugged, kicking the dirt and tamping it in with her feet. She still had five months to go but her small body didnt adjust to accommodating the baby with grace. It only made her more beautiful.

She placed a few more plants in their new homes and straightened to observe the effect while Daniel abandoned the pretense of his book and watched her. Her ivory skin glowed in the dappled sunlight, except where it was smeared with dirt. She shifted her weight and her hands went to the small of her back as she stretched. She was remarkably supple, arching back slow and careful and straightening the same way. Tugging her dirty gloves off, she unclipped her hair and rubbed vigorously at her scalp, making the dark curls ripple and gleam in the light. Daniel thought of tangling his hands in it, his heart thumping hard a few beats at the notion. Another stretch pressed her breasts tight within her black tank top and his thoughts strayed further south. Her usual curvy body was a lush garden of swells and valleys now; pregnancy suited her. The new and exciting changes suited him too; as did her bending down to pick up the abandoned gloves, holding onto the shovel this time to avoid mishap. Now her shorts molded to her hips and buttocks, the angle of the light and his vantage point offering him a tantalizing view for just a moment. As she lifted her head, she turned toward him, bright blue eyes sharp and questing. Her gaze met his, then fell to his lap. He glanced down and dropped his book, title forgotten, over the evidence, grinning at her.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> Giggling like a school girl >>>> -- susiej, 19:39:22 03/12/11 Sat

Verra cute. Loved all of it- don't have a crit. It flowed well and I "saw" everything.

The only comment I can make is that, for some reason, I did't get that we were in Daniel's POV until the line "it only made her more beautiful" So that made me say "Huh" for a moment but I can't say why I thought Daniel. Have we always been in his before? I've been so hit and miss maybe I was thinking of Molly. But I thought I'd mention it though I think it's my error.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.