VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 00:16:17 10/20/15 Tue
Author: JM
Subject: Local record 1965 -- fail

Nick Cenci had hit records with Lou Christie and The Vogues, and local hits with The Fenways.

In the Fall of 1965, with the British Invasion still a major force, Nick reached deep into his bag of tricks for this one. He took a local group (it may have been The Fenways), got them to fake thick English accents and gave them this bouncy tune. I'm sure he figured it would be a hit in the style of the "cute" songs that were being done by Herman's Hermits.

According to Jeff Roteman's site, this record lasted three weeks on the KQV Finest Forty survey. It got to No. 33 until it mercifully disappeared. I can't find it on the incomplete collection of KDKA surveys from that month, but I remember that Clark Race played it a few times.

Give it a listen in all its scratchy, awful glory. It proves that you needed more than an accent to have a hit in 1965 and also proves that eventually every record will show up on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DsCKz5fdOM

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.