VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Wednesday, November 13, 06:49:21pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]

Post any ideas, discussions, etc. that are Island related.
Message Boards Home

Subject: Vacation Rental

Author:
Pat Elston
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03/ 8/07 9:37:00pm

I'd like to rent a house on the island this summer. I'm looking for suggestions. Please email me at patelston@aol.com. Thanks!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Subject: Island History

Author:
Gary H. Hill
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12/17/06 9:17:58am

I'm looking for someone who has knowledge of the island history before 1700. I have some information that my family settled on the island about 1657. I'm building my family history and would appreciate hearing from anyone who has information.

Replies:
Subject: Hunting on the island

Author:
B_H
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04/ 6/06 10:34:57pm

I'm hoping to bowhunt on the island this fall. I visited recently and spent the day biking the island, saw several deer in the middle of the day and noticed that there is definitely a deer problem on the island. They have eaten everything in site!
I was hoping for some tips from islanders. How do visiting hunters do it? It really seems logistically difficult. I have a boat but couldn't find any public dock space, especially nothing close to the ferry landing where the deer must be checked. I'm thinking I may have to come over in my car via the ferry. The 6am boat may be too late to be successful. Will I have to come the night before I hunt and sleep in my car in the ferry lot? It is probably impossible to come w/o a car and walk to either end of the island then drag a deer back to the ferry landing. Do I leave a car in the ferry lot for a week and come back and forth from the mainland daily to hunt. Do the visiting hunters rent a place to stay? Do many make it a day trip? Am I likely to even be able to get a car on the ferry during hunting season?
I guess most importantly, and it will be clear from the responses, are you folks who live on the island (I do envy you all by the way, it's a beutiful place.) open and welcoming to mainlanders hunting your island. Really, I'll probably stay away or beach my boat on Patience if hunting season is a nuisance to folks who have to live on the island. I respect how much you all sacrifice for the small but significant benefit of being off the beaten path, and I certainly don't want to be intrusive. In fact, when I visited, I did feel a little like I was trespassing.
Thanks.

Replies:
Subject: House rental for just one night in September?

Author:
David
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08/17/06 11:59:59am

Hello-

My wife and I live in RI but have never been to Prudence Island. We figured we could make a day trip but thought it would be fun to stay the night. We are thinking sometime in September, preferably a Saturday.

Here's the catch! We have two very well behaved labs that like to travel with us. Anyone interested interesting in renting to us? We are very clean, quiet people just looking for a couple days away from the "mainland". Please e-mail me at dgrislis@yahoo.com or call me at 401-413-3524.

Thanks,
Dave

Subject: deep water dock

Author:
michael gemma
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07/ 8/06 7:52:09pm

we would like to rent a place for a week but have a 40' boat and need a dep water dock

Replies:
Subject: House builders

Author:
Del
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06/13/06 11:36:09pm

I've seen a few new houses put up recently. Who are the builders on the island, anyone have any recommendations that have done island projects? New house near Marcy's looks great, anyone know how much that cost to put up?

Subject: VACATION RENTALS

Author:
Nancy Wilson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05/26/06 8:25:59pm

I am interested in finding a summer rental on Prudence Isl.
Do you have any information that might advise me.
Thanks you.

Replies:
Subject: Re Visiting

Author:
Lee-Ann Corbett
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04/28/06 11:13:44am

Hi All,
I don't know if introduction is necessary or not but I'm Al and Gladys Corbett's grand daughter, Lee-Ann. I haven't been to the island since Glad passed away and I think I’m ready to re visit and show my fiancée where I spent summers when I was little.. Has the island changed much and what should I expect?

Thanks very much for any information.
(you can post reply or e-mail me direct, anything is appreciated)
~Lee-Ann

Subject: Looking for F. Irene Lowe

Author:
Pamela Beals Hinck
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03/ 6/06 1:52:32pm

Looking for info on my mother's maid of honor..
Doris Gladding & Nelson Beals marriage.
Mom has passed away and we want to let Renie know, we
are not sure if Renie has also passed, as Mom's address book was lost.

Subject: camping

Author:
Denise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07/12/05 3:15:42pm

I was wondering if camping on sandy beach or any where else on the island was allowed. Does anyone know if it is or where I can get that information?

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 123456789[10] ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.