VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Tuesday, November 19, 07:42:56amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9]10 ]

Post any ideas, discussions, etc. that are Island related.
Message Boards Home

Subject: Prudence Island Hunters

Author:
RI Division of Fish & Wildlife
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10/19/07 10:09:52am

ATTENTION HUNTERS:

DEER PERMITS ARE NOT AVAILABLE ON THE ISLAND

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Subject: Looking for info about ancestors whom lived on Prudence

Author:
Ken Mackeen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10/17/07 1:02:51am

I am trying to gather info about my wife's ancestors. Her dad, Kenneth Hollis was born on Prudence around 1938. His parents were Shirley and Wilbur Hollis, residents of the island. If anyone might have any knowledge of the name or where I might be able to get info, I would REALLY appreciate it. Also, I would like to surprise my wife and bring her over to the island for an overnight. Might anyone be able to suggest or provide a night of lodging? Thank you...

Subject: Fishing guidebook author on island; looking for trip

Author:
Bernard Rosenberg
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09/21/07 9:36:13am

I will be on the island for my third time the first weekend of October.

I am looking for a local to host myself and my wife so that I can feature the experience in an article. I am seeking October 5 or 6 for a half day. Glad to pay for gas.
Complimentary books (2) for your generosity.

Respond:
Bernard Rosenberg
Sarasota, FL
(941) 918-8401
www.alaskanauthor.com

Subject: In Need of an updated 2007 Fall Ferry Schedule

Author:
M
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08/ 7/07 8:07:11am

Would someone post the new 2007 Fall Ferry Schedule? Thanks

Subject: Cell Phone

Author:
Jonathan212
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06/ 9/07 12:21:50pm

Greetings All, I will be visiting Prudence Island soon (July 2007) and wanted to get your input regarding cell phone connectivity on the Island. Have any of you found a cell phone carrier (e.g., T-Mobile, Verizon, Cingular) that works pretty well on the Island. I will be staying at a place on Naragansett Road. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Jonathan

Replies:
Subject: HOG ISLAND NEEDS INFORMATION

Author:
rebecca almeida (SOS)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05/29/07 9:02:39am

Hog Island needs your help!

Hi my name is Becky and Iím a resident of Hog Island. After many years of losing ferries, fire trucks and any kind of assistance for the taxes we pay. The town of Portsmouth has now taken away a small allowance to help pay a private company to take our trash (who doesnít dump in Portsmouth way station another benefit to the town).
Yes I know that the town of Portsmouth does not do curb side pick up but we have heard threw the grapevine that Prudence dose get some assistance for garbage pick up and also a pass to the dump for the residents ( something we donít get). Could someone please confirm and inform us on the particulars as we are desperate. Any kind of assistance and information would be greatly appreciated.

Youíre Neighbor on the Hog
Becky

Replies:
Subject: Winter or Yearlong rental wanted

Author:
Michael
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06/27/07 10:42:19pm

I work from home and my wife and I are looking to move, with our one year old daughter to Prudence Island from September through April or May. We currently live in Vermont and are hoping for a change of scenery. We are hoping to find a one or two bedroom place to rent for about $600/mo. We will be long gone before the summer rental season begins.
Let me know!

gkrautha at uvm dot edu

Replies:
Subject: horses

Author:
Kimberly Reid
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06/ 1/07 9:44:49am

I am going to be living on the island this summer from July thru August. I was acutally lucky enough to marry into a Prudence island family . . . Bill and Nancy White and Susan and Gil Reid. Anyway Mark and I will be living there for a couple months this summer with our child and . . . here is the catch . . . hopefully my horse Justice. I really wanted to bring her over and was wondering about possibilities of where to keep her. I heard there was a stables and even a few people who had fenced in pasutre areas. If anyone has any information please feel free to email me or if you see Susan or Gil fill them in. Thanks so much . . . can't wait to get there!
Kim

Replies:
Subject: Just wondering

Author:
Rachel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05/20/06 12:26:48am

I spent all of my summers on the island with my grand parents Russell and Phyllis Parker. Just wondering if anyone knows who bought our old cottage and if they ever rent it out. I don't remember the street it was on but it was right down the road from Marcie's store, (Homestead?) and it was in front of Vick Todd's house and Al Grant's. Any information would help. I have a family of my own now, but would love for them to see where I spent most of my summers as a child. I really miss the island! Miss buying penny candy @ Canarios and bonfires on the beach!

Replies:
Subject: Just wondering

Author:
Bill Lemos
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07/25/06 12:26:56pm

I used to spend all my summers on the island also. My grandparents had two cottages on the water off warner ave.
does anyone know who owns them now...i know the house's were next to the quonset hut, also on the water. both houses were gray with white trim and they both had front porches. My grandparents names were Walter and Pauline Lemos.

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 12345678[9]10 ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.