VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
FUND FREE MAMMOGRAMS
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

Miss Ohio Talk
Pageant Guru National Voy Board click here Picture Posting Help click here CMN Search Contestants click here

Subject: Just saw where Cecili Weber won a local in Virginia......Miss Northern Virginia..it was a duel pageant with 9 contestants

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:41:20 03/01/15 Sun

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Miss Greater Cleveland

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:43:29 02/25/15 Wed

Note: The time for Miss Greater Cleveland is 2pm this Saturday.

Replies:
Subject: 15 contestants so far, how many do you think will win at sweeps and how is it looking overall?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:37:38 03/01/15 Sun

15 contestants so far, how many do you think will win at sweeps and how is it looking overall?

Replies:
Subject: Congratulations to Miss Ohio's 2014 Outstanding Teen Rosie Westerbeck for her interview on Ohio's 700WLW last night. It was heard in 38 states and Canada.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:04:46 03/01/15 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Miss Ohio no longer non-profit?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:47:10 03/01/15 Sun

I just read on another board that Miss Ohio has lost their non-profit status and the major sponsors. Is this true? Has there been a ruling from the IRS regarding their finances?
Without a tax write off, how will they get scholarship sponsors?

Subject: Scholarship

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:57:04 02/14/15 Sat

Has Steven, Sue, Terri, or Tim graduated with a Bachelor's degree?

Replies:
Subject: Ohio sweeps. Will there be one and where? How many girls do they take and what is the process like?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:48:00 02/17/15 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Some moms may see themselves in this article. There can be a fine line between winning a beauty pageant and causing deep harm for your daughter. Please be careful, moms. Love your daughters as they are! http://www.buzzfeed.com/krystieyandoli/what-women-wish-they-could-say-to-their-mothers-about-body-i#.xhjOzZ8Pop

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:47:03 02/27/15 Fri

Subject: Enquiring Mind

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:08:17 02/27/15 Fri

Just wondering if things in Ohio are getting better now. It seems like a little while ago things were kind of in a mess. Hopefully it's on the mend. Too bad your sister pageant to the north (Michigan) is totally srewed up! They NEED to get it together. Ahhhh the life of pageants, never a dull moment.

Replies:
Subject: Important Dates

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:05:56 02/25/15 Wed

Please mark your calendars with the following important dates…
Saturday, March 21st – Miss Ohio Sweeps Program –
Malabar Intermediate School
205 West Cook Road
Mansfield, Ohio
(new date due to Sunday, March 29th being Palm Sunday)
Saturday, April 18th – Miss Ohio Spring Forum – Mansfield, OH
Friday-Sunday, May 15th -17th – Miss Ohio Duke of Edinburgh Camp Outing
Friday, Saturday, Sunday for Bronze contestants going for Silver
Saturday, Sunday for contestants going for Bronze
Saturday, May 16th – Miss Ohio Community Service Day – Mansfield, OH
Wednesday, June 17th – Miss Ohio’s Outstanding Teen 2015 Program
Thursday, Friday – June 18th-19 – Miss Ohio Preliminary Competition
Saturday, June 20th – Miss Ohio Finals Competition
Will keep sending our more info as it becomes available.

Subject: Greater Cleveland is this saturday afternoon. Any idea how many and what girls are competeing?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:48:21 02/22/15 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Posting on Voy

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:50:47 02/21/15 Sat

Posting on Voy to avoid others having to click-in:
1. Click on the EXACT post that you want to respond to, to avoid confusion.
If that's the OP (Original Post) click on "Post a Reply to This Message", otherwise select the exact post you're responding to.
2. Delete EVERYTHING in the "Message subject (required):" box.
3. Type your response in the "Message subject (required):" box.
4. Send.

Replies:
Subject: Director of Miss SE Ohio is OUT and replaced just days before pageant. She has 4-5 of her dancers in the pageant and probably has been a part of choosing the judges. How is that fair to other contestants?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:25:07 02/20/15 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Sad But True

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:29:35 02/14/15 Sat

S.O. found the Achilles heel and then will ruin M.O.S.P. forever. Is this payback for your getting voted off the board? How dare you! MAO must have had their blinders on when you did this under the rug and found a way to get back into the system. You and your followers are not going to get the support of my $$$ anymore.

Replies:
Subject: Miss/Teen SEO Contestants

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:22:18 02/21/15 Sat

Miss Contestants:

Nicole Barber
Hometown: Whitehall

Shannon Novin
Hometown: Curtice

Brooke Iacono
Hometown: Cape May Court House, New Jersey

Erin Curry
Hometown: Zanesville

Amanda Lanning
Hometown: Nashport
Education: Ohio University of Zanesville graduate

Danielle King
Education: Muskingum University
Talent: Hip-hop

Renee Murry
Hometown: Toledo

Samantha Hartings
Hometown: Coldwater

Karolina Ulasevich
Hometown: North Royalton

Hannah Gregory
Hometown: Cambridge

Siena Shirer
Hometown: Adamsville
Talent: Tap dance

Jenna Berry
Hometown: Crooksville
Talent: Dance
Platform: Supporting Local Performing Arts

Matti Chrisman
Hometown: Cambridge

The contestants for the Miss Southeast Ohio Outstanding Teen are:

Ana Presley

Hannah Hoskinson

Emma Atkinson
Hometown: Frazeysburg

Reagan Richardson

Replies:
Subject: In case anyone had any doubts about how corrupt this whole deal with the new board was, here is the official press release announcement released on a late Friday afternoon after 5:00pm and before a four day Holiday weekend.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:16:20 02/17/15 Tue

The Miss America Organization Announces

New Leadership for the Miss Ohio Organization

Linwood, NJ – February 13, 2015 -- The Miss America Organization is pleased to announce the appointment of Steven Oliveri as the new Executive Director and President for the Miss Ohio Organization.

Besides being a thirty year volunteer, which includes serving as a local director, field director and state executive director in the Miss Ohio Organization, Steven Oliveri works in the Information Technology industry.

Under Steven’s leadership, the Miss Ohio Organization will continue providing scholarship awards to contestants at the state and local levels, as well as empowering young women to strive for scholastic excellence, STEM initiatives, and being positive role models throughout the state of Ohio.

Mr. Oliveri is joined by board members: Susan Swineheart – Vice President; Terri Herlihy – Secretary; Tim O’Guinn – Treasurer; and Holly Cambell-Bradley – Outstanding Teen Executive Director. The state organization proudly looks forward to celebrating their 68th anniversary this June, with more information to be released soon. This is an exciting opportunity for Steven and his team to grow the Miss Ohio Organization and we wish them much success!

For more information about competing, volunteering or donating to the Miss Ohio Organization, please contact Steven Oliveri at ed@missohio.org.

ABOUT THE MISS OHIO ORGANIZATION

The Miss Ohio Scholarship Organization is a not-for-profit organization that is the official state preliminary for the Miss America Competition. Current titleholder, Miss Ohio 2014 Mackenzie Bart was a Top 10 Finalist in the Miss America Competition, as well as a recipient of a preliminary talent scholarship award and a STEM scholarship award.

# # #

Press Contacts:

Miss Ohio Organization

Steven Oliveri, ed@missohio.org

Replies:
Subject: Best of Luck to all the young ladies competeing in the Miss Greater Columbus pageant on Sat Feb 7. Looking forward to a GREAT show and can't wait to see who gets crowned.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:45:22 02/06/15 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Of the girls who haven't one a local yet, who would you like to see at Miss Ohio?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:04:00 02/08/15 Sun

Replies:
Subject: So confused! Weren't Jay & Steve O. Good friends? Seem to remember when they both got involved. Maybe worked for same local, supported same girls. What happened?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:34:27 02/14/15 Sat

Replies:
Subject: future planning....

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:46:34 02/17/15 Tue

Have the dates for the state pageant been confirmed by the new board? Will it be held in Mansfield? Will there be sweeps pageants this year? I'm trying to plot out my schedule for the next several months, and I need to factor in vacation time requests and travel arrangements. My interest in the Miss Ohio program is superceded by my "real life", and I need to make decisions soon.

Subject: Guru

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:13:12 02/16/15 Mon

Very interesting that Guru deleted the Ohio Voy Board link on it's page.

Replies:
Subject: Where is the MAO Corporate Governance?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:34:23 02/04/15 Wed

I'd like to understand the corporate governance that allowed the MAO license selection committee to award Ohio to Steven Oliveri. They have a fiduciary responsibility as a board and there's far too much evidence of impropriety by Oliveri and his group that it brings into question if they did any due diligence or proper vetting of their selection.

When was the last time Ohio's finances (not their processes, but their actual books) were audited by an independent CPA firm?

It was reported in the Mansfield News Journal that Oliveri and Kunkle orchestrated the 'moving to Zanesville' lie to leverage money from the host city of Mansfield:

>>>>>Lou Whitmire, lwhitmir@mansfieldnewsjournal.com 7:38 p.m. EST December 16, 2014

The Miss Ohio board started a restructuring in 2011 at the urging of the convention bureau, after some Miss Ohio program members (Oliveri and Kunkle) said publicly the city of Zanesville wanted to lure the pageant there.

Tasseff (President of the convention bureau) researched that and found it was never true. “There was no deal on the table from Zanesville,” he said. “That was a story perpetuated by (Miss Ohio) leadership at the time. Eventually a Mansfield committee formed to keep the program here found out the bid from Zanesville didn’t exist."<<<<<

full article here: http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/story/news/local/2014/12/16/mansfields-miss-ohio-pageant-peril/20506729/

I have copies of letters from several former state contestants who during this process wrote the MAO detailing Oliveri's 'judging improprieties' over the years.

Schnitkey was disbarred (as a lawyer).

Kunkle ran out on all his production bills last year. When the standing board took bids (after he spent $212,000 on production the year prior) he claimed he had an anonymous donor for all production fees. After lots of excuses, it was discovered mere weeks prior to the state pageant he and Schnitkey made the whole thing up. (see the other MNJ article)

There were at least 2 other groups who submitted bids, but were never even interviewed by the Miss America Selection Committee. These are solid, respected, educated people with good reputations and exceptional corporate/pageant experience. I’m not confident the Selection Committee even knew of the other bids.

It begs the question, did the selection committee follow corporate governance or properly vet this candidate to uphold their fiduciary responsibility.

Replies:
Subject: Miss Greater Columbus Pictures https://www.flickr.com/photos/steve44070/sets/72157650694681931/

Author:
steve44070
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:55:38 02/13/15 Fri

For people who were unable to attend the Miss Greater Columbus pageant or if you just want to relive the night. I took a bunch of photos & i'd like to share them (in full resolution). I like to thank all the contestants who competed, the guests of the pageant, & to the behind the scenes crew as well. Sorry for the delay.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve44070/sets/72157650694681931/

Please feel free to take a look & enjoy! And while you're there, you can take a look at my other sets as well, including sets from Miss Ohio week (The Carrousel & the coronation party) & pics from last year's local prelims.

Steve

Please feel free to take a look & enjoy! And while you're there, you can take a look at my other sets as well, including sets from Miss Ohio week (The Carrousel & the coronation party) & pics from last year's local prelims.

Steve

Replies:
Subject: Moderator, Will you please take control of your board?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:41:38 02/09/15 Mon

A fresh start on this board is needed. You were kind enough to let everyone have their say about the change of the EDs in OH. MAO has now made the decision. As a fan, I want to support the new board as they proceed toward the Miss OH pageant.

If any problems arise, those can be addressed at the time. The past is over. Move on, please.

Replies:
Subject: So who attended the Miss Greater Columbus and can give a rundown on contestants and an honest view?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:26:03 02/08/15 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Miss South East Ohio

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:13:12 02/08/15 Sun

Anyone know who's competing at the South East prelim?

Replies:
Subject: Miss Ohio is for the girls

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:00:30 02/08/15 Sun

I understand everyone has multiple opinions on the situation involving the Miss Ohio program, but please keep in mind, this program is for the young women competing. Posting nasty things about the directors and saying the pageant is rigged isn't going to help these young women, if anything it will make their experience more difficult. On top of that, contacting sponsors and telling them to pull out results in these women losing scholarships and opportunities to compete for Miss Ohio. Negativity isn't going to solve the problem, the MAO has made their decision. Instead, focus your time on helping these girls have the best experience they can in locals and at Miss Ohio.

Replies:
Subject: SOS

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:07:17 02/05/15 Thu

As a contestant can somebody please explain to me what is going on and how this will effect myself and the other contestants moving forward?

Replies:
Subject: I love that Mackenzie is doing so much, can't remember a recent Miss Ohio ever doing that. I'm wondering if she is paid for all of those appearances though, or just doing it out of the goodness of her heart. I thought Miss Ohio had to be paid for every appearance. At least that is what I was told when I tried to get Ellen Bryan to come to our city. What are Miss Ohio's booking fees or will she just come for free to these little events like Mackenzie has been doing, school visits, small community meetings, etc. And Thank You to Mackenzie for being a fabulous Miss Ohio for doing all of this!

Author:
a Mackenzie fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:45:27 02/01/15 Sun

Replies:
Archives: 12345678910 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (optional):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.