Thursday, April 10, 2014 – VoyForums News: 'Heartbleed' vulnerability in OpenSSL
VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat for Free
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

Miss Ohio Talk
Pageant Guru National Voy Board click here Picture Posting Help click here CMN Search Contestants click here Miss Ohio Webcast click here

Subject: Ohio is everyone's choice on the national board of who they wouldn't want prepped by for Miss America.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:36:05 04/21/14 Mon

It's pretty sad.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: MOOT 2014 Contestants

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:57:06 04/08/14 Tue

Makenzie Fennig – Emily Krejci– Abbey Hitchens– Shayla Thomas
Victoria Knapke– Sydney Shasky– Shelby Fife– Kylie Hohman
Olivia Anderson– Madeline Foreman– Courtney Storey– Emily Tabar
Katie Hitchens– Rosie Westerbeck– Emma Atkinson

Replies:
Subject: Under Contract

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:52:49 04/18/14 Fri

As a Cleveland Cavs Cheerleader, wouldn't Elise be under contract with them for the year?

Got to thinking when I saw her on their front page in a USA sash.

btw-- she no longer holds that title because OHUSA was in Nov '13, so no conflict on her MAO eligibility. That goes for Kara Wagner as well.

Replies:
Subject: Miss Ohio 2014 Contestants

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:36:29 04/08/14 Tue

Buckeye Flight 1-12: Wed pm Interview, Wednesday Talent & OSQ, Thursday SS & EG
Cardinal Flight 13-25: Wed am Interview, Wednesday SS & EG, Thursday Talent & OSQ

Lindsay Hanson — Kristy Ressler — Angela Bouch — Kirsten Fennig — Elise Budowanec
Gabby Bailey — Alexis Richter — Alissa Brumbaugh — Sarah Clapper — Allison Goodwin
Erin Curry — Chelsi Howman — Jenna DePizzo — Justin O’Flaherty — Cecili Weber
Veronica Wende — Grace Stammen — Kara Wagner — Camile Dyquiangco — Kristen Schreiber
Allison Vance — Kara Mitchell — Samantha Hartings — Hanna- Jo Wiesberg — Mackenzie Bart

Replies:
Subject: Digging Up Dirt

Author:
come on people pay attention
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:29:02 04/20/14 Sun

Why do people look into digging up all the dirt on contestants they think is correct and post on this board. Please stop this negativity and searching for the intended publicity you are publicly posting. Let's give the young women encouragement they deserve!

Replies:
Subject: Tickets

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:22:33 04/20/14 Sun

Any word on when tickets will go on sale for pageant week?

Replies:
Subject: Headshots are up!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:18:41 04/07/14 Mon

Replies:
Subject: why isn't Henri's donating opening number cockail dresses and lending gowns for style show? i would think it would be marketable for them to do so this year as they have before

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:13:49 04/16/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Here is the deal about head shots

Author:
from the outside looking in
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:33:46 04/09/14 Wed

Styling can TRANSFORM. These girls see a Miss America, Miss USA or Miss State pageant they love and that becomes their icon so they want to do what that girl does or did. They see pictures in magazines and they want to look like that.

Young women want to feel glamorous.... they hire hair and makeup artist and photographers take them to another level. They then practice and they take lessons to make themselves look the bet that they can. They hire modeling coaches to help them walk better and stand in a more flattering way.

Don't hate on them for wanting to show the judges and everyone, their best self. Don't hate on them for wanting to tease their hair or for wanting to wear colored contact or for hiring a makeup artist that is skilled in highlighting and contouring or for the photographers that understand the best angles that flatter the face.

The reality is.... unless you were at the shoot and you saw the process from beginning to end, then you assume a photo has been altered you have no idea what the professionals did. YOU JUST ASSUME....
What is the difference in a girl buying the dress that flatters her figure the most? Not every dress is going to look the same on every body right? when you get that opening number dress and it does not fit you right, did you not get it altered?

What if the girl has a large breasts, or a flat butt or vice verse. they pick the dress because it flatters them and they feel good in it. Should we not be working with these young ladies, pointing them in the direction that will help then LOOK AND FEEL the best they can?

If hiring all these people and retouching a photo is what gives that young lady confidence to enter that room then why should she not be allowed to do it?

down from the TIDE now.

Replies:
Subject: TV

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:39:56 04/11/14 Fri

Does anyone know if the Miss Ohio Finals will be telecast again this year? Was there any mention of it at Forum?

Will the prelims/finals be live web streamed? Did they mention a cost?

Who is the Producer this year?

Replies:
Subject: Now that we are complete....early predictions?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:41:45 03/24/14 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Miss Ohio 2014 Contestants

Author:
lexis-PA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:23:18 03/26/14 Wed

Any corrections I need to add? Anyone I missed?

Miss Apple Blossom - Angela Bouch
Miss Buckeye State - Kara Wagner
Miss Capital City - Alexis Richter
Miss Clayland - Lindsay Hanson
Miss Crystal Lake - Samantha Hartings
Miss Cuyahoga County - Allison Vance
Miss Greater Cleveland - Allison Goodwin
Miss Heart of Ohio - Justin O'Flaherty
Miss Hilliard - Cecili Weber
Miss Indian Trail - Kristen Schreiber
Miss Lake Festival - Grace Stammen
Miss Mansfield - Erin Curry
Miss Maple City - Sarah Clapper
Miss Miami Valley - Alissa Brumbaugh
Miss Mohican Valley - Chelsi Howman
Miss Montgomery County - Mackenzie Bart
Miss North Coast - Veronica Wende
Miss North Central Ohio - Jenna DePizzo
Miss Northwestern Ohio - Kara Mitchell
Miss Ohio River - Camille Dyquiancgo
Miss Oxford - Kristy Ressler
Miss Portsmouth - Elise Budowanec
Miss Shawnee - Gabby Bailey
Miss Vacationland - Hanna Jo Weisberg
Miss West Central Ohio - Kirsten Fennig

Replies:
Subject: From Spring Forum

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:10:04 04/09/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Just an FYI

Author:
lexis-PA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:05:47 04/09/14 Wed

As an outsider, I think the state of OH has a stunning and very impressive class. The people of OH should be very proud. Congratulations! I am very excited to see who the next Miss OH will be.

Replies:
Subject: Former 3 time Miss Ohio contestant (and Top Ten 2011) Courtney (Monk) Hollenbeck is auditioning for the Colts Cheerleaders! The page to vote for her is here: http://bit.ly/1aE47u7 . We should show our support to a great former contestant who could really use her skills garnered in the pageant world for this new and exciting opportunity!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:06:59 02/13/14 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Head shots

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:03:54 04/04/14 Fri

There are lots of this year's Miss Ohio class popping up. Anyone have any favorites so far?

Replies:
Subject: Miss Ohio 2014 Competition Placements!

Author:
MaryCampbell
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:51:32 04/06/14 Sun

On Mary-Campbell.com

Replies:
Subject: MOOT SUGGESTION

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:17:40 03/30/14 Sun

Here is a thought for this years pageant....since its the 10th anniveary use all 10 former winners in some form between introducing talents.on stage question....etc......what a great way to ankrp everyone active in the system...this would in no way take away from the current MOOT winner or Miss Ohio since its not her night anyway....saw another state OT program do and it ran smoothly...I say at least personally call and ask each to attend to make them feel personally welcome

Replies:
Subject: Aged out

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:05:28 03/24/14 Mon

Who has aged out now? I know Loren did. Anyone else?

Replies:
Subject: Here is my 8 month post-preliminary review (originally a FB post but definitely worth sharing to all)

Author:
Steve Stanley Jr. aka steve44070 (Blessed)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:52:03 03/25/14 Tue

As you may all know by now, I have been going to & taking pictures of local Miss Ohio preliminaries during the 2013-14 pageant season. I have been to 6 local preliminaries (7 if you count Sweeps) plus a send-off to Miss America. Breaking it down pageant by pageant.

Starting w/ the 1st one (Miss Greater Cleveland/Cuyahoga County), With it being so early, I really wasn't expecting much but to my surprise, my friend & Miss Ohio 2006 Melanie Murphy Miller was the emcee that night & even our current Miss Ohio (Heather Wells) made an appearance that night. After the conclusion, I was a bit shy & after some persuasion, I finally opened up to the 1st 2 people (Heather & preceding Miss Greater Cleveland 2013- Meggie Wittman) that night. Then from there, I was in a groove, getting autographs & pictures. That night, i've met a total of 11 contestants & titleholders plus executive directors Sylvia & Harvey Jensen. My 1st Miss Ohio preliminary= Success!!!

Miss North Coast was pretty much the same as the 1st one. I made up for what I didn't do at the 1st. I've met 9 new contestants & titleholders including Miss Ohio's Outstanding Teen 2012- Sarah Eash & Miss Ohio's Outstanding Teen 2009 & current Miss North Coast 2014- Veronica Wende. All in all, a great pageant.

Miss Clayland in my books was the strongest pageant (competition wise) i've been to this season. Out of the 12 who competed, 10 of which (which includes preceding Miss Clayland 2013 & current Miss Montgomery County 2014- Mackenzie Bart) won their respective locals & going to be competing at Miss Ohio. I've met 10 new contestants & titleholders which Miss Ohio's Outstanding Teen 2010- Cecili Weber (at an earlier date), Miss Ohio 2000- Stephanie Meisberger-Winland (the emcee), & Miss Ohio 2005- Marlia Fontaine-Weisse. An awesome show nonetheless!!!

Miss Maple City was not the best place to take pictures (poor stage lighting). I couldn't even upload the teen fitness or the talent pics because of very poor quality & also I had to take video for the final 4 or 5 miss contestants & all of OT's talents. After the pageant, i've only met 4 new contestants that night but here's the biggest highlight of the night. I got to meet Miss America 1963 & E.D. of Miss Vacationland- Jackie Mayer Townsend. Once again, great pageant, but poor lighting.

Miss Hillard was by far, the best pageant i've been to this season, entertainment wise & socialization wise. The co-emcee of the night, Bob Nunnally did a wonderful job emceeing & he kept us laughing all night. All 3 girls who competed in OT won their respective titles & will be competing in Miss Ohio's Outstanding Teen. That night, i've met 15 new contestants & titleholders including Miss Ohio 2012- Elissa McCracken (we sat 4 seats from each other) & current Miss Ohio's OT 2013- Olivia Thoroughman (at an earlier date). Plus I also met the co-executive director of Miss Hilliard- Hilary Powers Reyes & the co-executive director of Miss Shawnee & Miss Portsmouth- Regina Speas. My confidence & communication skills has risen to a whole new level just by attending & interacting before, during intermission, & after the show. Once again, by far, the best local i've been to all season & also the lighting was optimal for picture taking!!!

Miss Vacationland was yet another well put production & it was their 5th anniversary since the revival of the program. All of the titleholders within the past 5 years came back & did special performances. I've met 7 new contestants & titleholders including Miss Ohio 1999 (some say that it was 2000)- Tiffany Baumann Cantelupe (the emcee). Once again, a great time.

Miss Ohio Sweeps I & II: For sweeps I, I got there 10 min. late & due to poor seat location (& set-up), I wasn't able to get pictures for the 1st one. Instead, as an alternative, I tweeted all of the contestants talents & also the 1st 3 titles of the day but not to worry, Ross Clark got some awesome shots & he does amazing work. Sweeps II: Found a better seat location (close to the stage) & I did my usual thing & I even moved around a little bit for on-stage question, swimsuit, & the crowning of the remaining 3 titles. I've only met 5 new contestants & titleholders including Miss Ohio 2008- Karissa Martin (judge for sweeps I). The conference room at Holiday Inn Mansfield was way too small to accommodate all the people who came to support the girls & when each pageant cleared out, we were crammed. Poor set-up seating wise & using a room which can only fit 250 people, I totally wasn't digging it. Maybe next year, how about we find a bigger venue to hold sweeps. Not trying to say anything bad about Holiday Inn however. Excellent way to end the preliminary season nonetheless!!!

Here is my closing summary:

Over the past 8 months, out of the 25 who are going to Miss Ohio, i've met & took pictures w/ 23 of the contestants. I've also met 7 former Miss Ohios ('62, '99, '00, '05, '08, '10, '12) in addition to the one I already know ('06), & a former Miss America (Jackie Mayer). I met 3 former Miss Ohio's OT's ('09, '10, '12) & 2 of which are representing their locals at Miss Ohio. Everybody who i've met this organization have really made such a huge impact on me & I thank each & every one of you for breaking me out of my shell. My confidence & my comminication skills has improved w/ each & every pageant & yes, it's always a work in progress w/ me having Autism. That's where photography & getting autographs come into play, it's my form of communication. That's what makes me different from the rest of the crowd & that's the way that God created me & i'm glad to say that I do have a different ability & run off on a different operating system. I may not be able to say everything that I would like to say w/ words, but I can definitely can say it w/ writing & I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it. Again, thank you so much for letting me be a part of all of your daily lives. I love each & every one of you!!! :)

Miss Ohio, here we come!!! :)

Love you all,

Steve

Replies:
Subject: A teen mom told me at sweeps there will be seven judges for teen this year, just like miss. Just curious if this is really true. I don't always believe this mom.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:53:41 03/23/14 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Miss Ohio 2014 Production RFP!!!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:13:06 02/27/14 Thu

I noticed on the MissOhio.org web site under ABOUT US there is:

2014 Production RFP

Does this mean the BOD is looking for a new Miss Ohio Producer?? (Or they just put the solicitation online?) I sure hope they are!!

Also noticed Sophia Davis is now on the Miss Ohio board, which I'm very glad to see. Does anyone know who she replaced?

Replies:
Subject: Miss America is appearing at Bluffton next week. It would be nice if as many Ohio title holders as possible to be there. More to follow..........

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:37:41 03/28/14 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Miss Ohio Sweeps picture up...

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:33:20 03/24/14 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Miss Ohio Sweeps II pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve44070/sets/72157642773941443/

Author:
steve44070
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:24:20 03/24/14 Mon

For people who were unable to attend sweeps or if you just want to relive the night. I took a bunch of photos (of sweeps #2 that is) & i'd like to share them (in full resolution). I like to thank all the contestants who competed this past season, the guests of the pageant, & to the behind the scenes crew as well.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve44070/sets/72157642773941443/

Please feel free to take a look & enjoy! And while you're there, you can take a look at all my other sets I did over the past 8 months as well.

Steve

P.S. Unfortunately due to poor seat location during the first show, no pictures were taken of sweeps #1.

Best of luck to the class of 2014 competing at Miss Ohio!!!

Subject: What's the admission price for Sweeps?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:01:02 03/21/14 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Why Did I Compete

Author:
Never Miss America
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:22:12 02/26/14 Wed

You may never know the personal hell I was going through in my life to understand why this system changed me. I made friends that I still deal with on a regular basis many, many years after our competition days. Women and men that I would have never met otherwise. My ability to interview was improved vastly by those panels that judged me over the years. My personal growth, my journey, my love for this program continues to grow stronger only because I took a chance and competed.

I knew I may never win but there was so much more I was receiving that I just wanted to keep having fun. And it was fun and the memories I have from competing far outweigh my size or anyone's opinion or pity.

You don't know why these women compete. There may be a woman being abused at home and this is giving her a voice. There might be a girl with self esteem issues and this helps her feel confident. Maybe a friend told her to try it because she can make money for school even if she never actually wins. There may be a girl who is trying to live out a dream for a loved one that can't compete for some reason. Maybe when Sandy Size Sixteen walks across that stage, her parents cheering in the audience make her feel like she already is Miss America. There could be a million situations but I'm sure you understand where I am going with this.

Whether thin, fit, large or obese, though I am sure no one really fits this obese label you are giving them, the outer appearance has no true bearing on who is truly healthy. Big girls know they aren't getting 10's in Swimsuit and so do those who are in decent shape but don't have any confidence.

This program made me a better person. And I continue to encourage young women to compete because I know what it did for me. Who knows, maybe I have given hope to a future Miss America. Had these boards been around in my day, I probably would have been scared off. I'm sad that you don't yet realize how hurtful and unkind some of you are being. You can continue to harshly criticize these contestants but for everyone you push away from the system, remember that is one less family, one less support system, one less group we have at our locals. Less ticket sales, less local programs, less people interested in being a part of this wonderful organization. Soon, we may have an open state competition if we don't grow instead of decrease. We will not all be Miss America, Miss State or even Miss Local but there are some of us that are happy traveling the path and just seeing where it goes.

Replies:
Subject: Sweeps is up!

Author:
Spectator
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:22:35 03/04/14 Tue

Who's competing/ who do you think will capture the titles?

Replies:
Subject: Oxford!

Author:
Hilary
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:17:10 02/25/14 Tue

Who is going? Last local of the year before sweeps!

Replies:
Subject: Need help with music

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:56:37 03/18/14 Tue

Can anyone help....need someone to cut music to the 1 min 30 sec time limit....not sure where to look. Thanks

Replies:
Subject: Basketball Tournament Pool!

Author:
MHSP
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:33:32 03/17/14 Mon

Hi there! Join our Basketball Tournament Pool ... lots of fun and bragging rights to the winner and runners-up. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Replies:
Subject: Disappointed

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:36:12 12/27/13 Fri

http://instagram.com/p/hxFAnHn_hR/ I am so disappointed in Kelsey Barrett for publicly posting photographs like this. IMHO being underage with an open container does not a good role model make.

Replies:
Subject: Jim Estep, a longtime supporter of the program, passed away this morning. He coached several Miss Ohios and gave private lessons to many local contestants in NW Ohio. He will be missed.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:52:06 02/21/14 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Mahogany had a baby! That's why she didn't compete this year. Congrats to her! Photo on Facebook - if anybody more tech saavy knows how to link it let me know LOL

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:51:22 02/23/14 Sun

Replies:
Subject: contracts

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:26:46 02/17/14 Mon

There's a huge post on Guru saying Allison Goodwin's not eligible to compete. Posters are saying Ohio doesn't use the right contracts so she is. What's up?

Replies:
Subject: I am completely lost. Is there a requirement that says you have to be a certain weight to compete in a Miss America preliminary? Some girls compete for a boost to their self esteem. Some are on a personal journey. I give kudos to any girl that tries to fulfill a dream. Those who condemn or put down these girls need to take a long look in the mirror. Miss Ohio is meant to build up girls, not tear them down.

Author:
Sad
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:04:15 02/16/14 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Dash For The Sash

Author:
Hilary - MHSP (Powers)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:10:55 02/26/14 Wed

Hope you can make it for our inaugural DASH FOR THE SASH 5K!

Run, walk, whatever ... just come and have fun! Costumes are highly encouraged - the more sparkle, the better. :)

REGISTER TODAY: https://www.premierraces.com/registration/register_step1.asp?eventID=937

WHEN: Saturday, March 29th, 9 AM
WHERE: Homestead Park, Hilliard OH
COST: $30 till March 8, $35 up till day of race. Add $5 for timing chip

Hope to see you there!

Subject: MISS VACATIONLAND CONTESTANTS

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:32:06 02/22/14 Sat

Dana Brown
Kristen Schreiber
Chelsi Howman
Sarah Jasinski
LeAnn Penn
Paige Wiers
Hannah-Jo Weisberg
Camille Dyquiangco
Brittany Holland
Alexis Richter
Renee Murry
KayelinTiggs
Ashleigh Jarzenski

Replies:
Subject: Pictures from Miss Vacationland up @ http://roarkstudios.com/missvacationland2014/. Use if you wish.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:38:38 02/24/14 Mon

Subject: Miss Vacationland Pictures http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve44070/sets/72157641389187205/

Author:
steve44070
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:44:10 02/24/14 Mon

For people who were unable to attend the Miss Vacationland pageant or if you just want to relive the night. I took a bunch of photos & i'd like to share them (in full resolution). I like to thank all the contestants who competed, the guests of the pageant, & to the behind the scenes crew as well.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve44070/sets/72157641389187205/

Please feel free to take a look & enjoy! And while you're there, you can take a look at my other sets as well.

Steve

Subject: EARLY Top Ten Predictions!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:19:03 02/18/14 Tue

With several girls to be added yet, based on who has already won a title:
Weber, Hanson, Vance, (Stammen or Clapper), Hartings, Bart, MITchell, Brumbaugh, Budowanec, Bailey

Replies:
Subject: Miss Vacationland- Who's competing?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:23:32 02/17/14 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Please consider...

Author:
Elissa McCracken-Miss Ohio 2012
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:31:02 02/16/14 Sun

As a former Miss Ohio and with cyberbullying as my platform, I think it’s time something is said about some of the heated posts on this board. You might think that contestants don’t read this board, but they do. I want to start by saying that this program couldn’t thrive without it supporters. We are thankful for the passion and interest you show for this organization and don’t want your support to waver. It would just be great if everyone could T.H.I.N.K before they post on this board. T.H.I.N.K stands for is it true, helpful, important, necessary, and kind.
As contestants and titleholders in the Miss America Organization we are all women of integrity and character, with unique traits that make us beautiful. We are role models to girls nationwide. We realize that we are under more scrutiny than the normal person and that the public is always watching us, but we are willing to put ourselves out there for the difference that we can make in our communities and in the lives of others. We aren’t perfect, no one is, but it’s our imperfections that make us beautiful and relatable.
If any contestants are reading this, I’ve been in your shoes and read nasty posts written about me. The people that are posting these harsh things are cowards hiding behind their computer screens and could never do what you are doing. Don’t let them get under your skin.
Please “think before you type” on this board. If you truly understood this program you would know that it’s about helping girls achieve their full potential and celebrating their talents and intelligence, it’s not about ripping them apart and tearing them down. Please contemplate these things when posting on this board. Thank you for your consideration.

Replies:
Subject: RESULTS

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:00:02 02/16/14 Sun

Miss Shawnee OT Emma Atkinson
Miss Portsmouth OT Olivia Anderson
Runner Up Katie Hitchens

Miss Shawnee Gabby Bailey
Miss Portsmouth Elise Budowanec
1st Runner up: Kara Wagner
2nd Runner Up: Alexis Richter

Replies:
Subject: Is there a style show this year? I just saw teen's pageant is now on Tuesday. Also, when and where is forum?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:05:19 02/16/14 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Miss Shawnee & Portsmouth Miss Contestants

Author:
Good luck ladies!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:38:19 02/10/14 Mon

Replies:
Subject: SHAWNEE & PORTSMOUTH PREDICTIONS????

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:28:43 02/15/14 Sat

Any thoughts from anyone? There were Miss Hilliard guesses out there so lets hear the same for thi one. There are a few ( Porter, Jackson and another one I have never seen before...Best Wishes to all!

Replies:
Subject: :-) Portsmouth and Shawnee Valley Pageants

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:01:27 02/16/14 Sun

Good luck to all the contestants today! Drive home safely through this snow.

Subject: At large teens

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:29:17 11/05/13 Tue

I heard that the titles for the at large teens are only for the period from sweeps until the conclusion of Miss Ohio week. Is this true? Since the first runner up and the winner were both at large contestants, I would hope that the teens get to keep their titles for a full year or until they win a preliminary.

Replies:
Subject: How are the teens looking for this year?

Author:
No name (Excited!)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:31:20 02/10/14 Mon

Who is excited for our teen?!? Also what are some local teens platforms? What are some good teen talents ?

Replies:
Subject: WAKE UP GIRLS!

Author:
Trainer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:44:31 01/30/14 Thu

You are YOUNG women! I am shocked by the photos from the Mansfield pageant. Obesity is just as much of an epidemic as anorexia. Everyone comments on girls that are too thin but afraid too speak up about obesity. Each girl is heavier than the next!

Lifestyle and Fitness....end of story. The lifestyle of high blood pressure and clinical obesity is not a role model I want my children to see as Miss America.

Pageants aside - treat your bodies better. You only get one and you need to take care of it. It is not even about looks as much as it is about your health.

Replies:
Subject: Just saw this link to the Greater Akron Relocation Guide. http://issuu.com/lpcpub/docs/ega12web?e=3194205/1153261 It's neat to see former contestants doing so well!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:50:04 02/14/14 Fri

Subject: Miss Hilliard Pictures http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve44070/sets/72157640712286055/

Author:
steve44070
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:33:51 02/10/14 Mon

For people who were unable to attend the Miss Hilliard pageant or if you just want to relive the night. I took a bunch of photos & i'd like to share them (in full resolution). I like to thank all the contestants who competed, the guests of the pageant, & to the behind the scenes crew as well. By far, the best pageant i've been to all season!!! :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve44070/sets/72157640712286055/

Please feel free to take a look & enjoy! And while you're there, you can take a look at my other sets as well.

Steve

Replies:
Subject: sorry Hil but its on Sunday @ 4 pm

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:31:22 02/10/14 Mon

Subject: Miss Shawnee & Portsmouth Teen Contestants

Author:
Good luck ladies!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:33:13 02/10/14 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Lindsay Hanson

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:55:14 02/09/14 Sun

Wow, I just saw an updated headshot of Lindsay and is it ever stunning! By far, the prettiest contestant we have! She will be a contender!

Replies:
Subject: Hillard Predictions?

Author:
Looks like it will be a great show!!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:49:01 02/06/14 Thu

Replies:
Subject: What are most of the recent Miss Ohio's up to these days? I'd be interested to know of their current endeavors aside from being on stage Miss Ohio Week.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:12:03 02/02/14 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Tweeting @marycampbell22

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:31:10 02/08/14 Sat

Subject: This time next week ...

Author:
MHSP
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:33:06 02/01/14 Sat

... we'll be getting ready to open the doors to the theatre for the inaugural Miss Hilliard / Miss Hilliard's Outstanding Teen pageant!

We have fourteen miss contestants and three teen contestants to share with you, as well as some amazing special guests! Heather and Olivia will both be in attendance, as well as several local titleholders, to welcome the new Miss Hilliard winners to the Miss Ohio family.

Every day until pageant day, we're posting a judge's bio. Our panel is exceptional, and they're totally up to the challenge of choosing two amazing winners. Follow us on Facebook to see updates and info:

http://www.facebook.com/misshilliardohio

DON'T FORGET ... you can pre-purchase reserved seats by visiting our website at: http://www.misshilliard.com ... or you can purchase them at the door (general admission). We accept cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. :)

Replies:
Subject: any chance Mansfield will cancel due to weather conditions?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:56:57 01/25/14 Sat

Replies:
Subject: trash

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:23:49 11/23/13 Sat

This board turned into "trash". Was meant to be helpful to contestants and now is hurtful! Get a life people!

Replies:
Subject: Who is the front runner in Ohio?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:09:27 01/12/14 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Contestant Order Posted!

Author:
Hilary - MHSP
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:57:15 01/26/14 Sun

Hi everyone! We had our contestant lottery today. We webcast it on our Ustream channel, but I'm a bonehead and didn't record it for posterity. I'm sorry about that. :( I did get some messages and comments from folks that tuned in to see Amber, Jenny, and I draw the contestants' names and plug them in on our high-tech dry erase board. :)

You can see the lineups on our Facebook page ... http://www.facebook.com/misshilliardohio

Please stop by and leave our contestants some comments and words of encouragement. We are SO VERY PROUD of our fourteen contestants for Miss Hilliard and our three contestants for Miss Hilliard's Outstanding Teen, and we know that you are too. :) These women are courageous, beautiful, talented, and AMAZING, and we can't wait to have them all as part of the Hilliard family.

Please join us for our inaugural pageant on February 8th at Hilliard Heritage Middle School. The show starts at 7 PM. You can pre-purchase tickets via our website (misshilliard.com) and sit in a reserved seat in the VIP section that's closer to the stage. If you want to wait till the day of the show, it's $10 cash (or $11 if you want to use a credit or debit card) per person for general admission.

Replies:
Subject: Websites Updated, New Sponsors, and Tickets

Author:
Hilary - MHSP
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:10:19 01/28/14 Tue

We've updated our websites with contestant bios and photos for every division! Check out misshilliard.com and misshilliardteen.com

More excitement ... we've added a new sponsor. Miss Hilliard will receive a handbag, courtesy of Jewell. The company president is also coming to inspire our contestants prior to the show.

Still more excitement ... another new sponsor! The great folks at Motion Autosport will be driving our winners in the Miss Ohio parade in style. Motion has some spectacular exotic automobiles, and we're so grateful that our winners will enjoy the royal treatment for the parade.

We hope you'll join us at the show on February 8th. Prepurchase your tickets at misshilliard.com, and you'll have a reserved seat in our VIP section. If you want to wait till the day of the show, that's OK too ... but it's all General Admission. We will be able to accept cash or credit cards on the day of the show.

Hope to see you there!

Replies:
Subject: Nina is here!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:56:32 01/27/14 Mon

Miss America is appearing tonight at Ohio State. Who is going? Did any local titleholders get tickets?

Replies:
Subject: DEADLINE EXTENDED - due to weather, we have extended our registration deadline for our Teen (13-17) and Miss (17-24) divisions! Email us (misshilliardohio@gmail.com) by ***2 PM today*** if you are planning to join us on February 8. Contestant order lottery at 2:30 PM today - check our Facebook page for the Ustream link to watch live! Facebook.com/misshilliardohio

Author:
Hilary
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:52:52 01/26/14 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone know if Miss Mansfield was recorded and if you can buy a DVD of it?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:28:54 01/26/14 Sun

Subject: Question about location eligibility.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:27:51 01/25/14 Sat

Is the Ohio BOD strict on the eligibility requirements for the state pageant? A current titleholder seems to have no claim to Ohio anymore (no job, school, or apt in the state) except for parents. Seems a bit fishy to me.

Replies:
Subject: Miss Mansfield... Any one know of the contestants?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:33:01 12/31/13 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Anyone know the ticket price of the Miss Mansfield pageant?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:12:25 01/21/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone have any thoughts on why MO is not making the cut at MA in recent years?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:49:16 01/15/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Teens

Author:
MHSP
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:00:09 01/13/14 Mon

Teens - WE NEED YOU! We would love to have a teen program, but we need contestants. If you haven't registered - please do so soon. The Outstanding Teen program is such a great opportunity, and we would love to share it with you.

We are an open program, and you can apply for Hilliard even if you've already applied to compete for other locals (just like Miss).

Paperwork can be downloaded at misshilliardteen.com

Replies:
Subject: Let's talk about Mansfield!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:35:52 01/09/14 Thu

Who's competing?

Replies:
Subject: West central Ohio Scholarship Program FundRaiser Event on April 5, -Little Miss Appilications available from funnyles@aol.com...Iff you are a 7-12 year old with Talent-We want you! One day for Rehearsal at 1 Pm.Show at 7 PM. Primrose Retirement Community,Lima Ohio. ~ Limit to 15 contestants.All will receive a crown and dinner.~~~ First apps in First serve.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:10:59 01/12/14 Sun

Subject: Miss America will be in Columbus, Ohio http://thelantern.com/2014/01/ouab-bring-modern-miss-america-nina-davuluri-ohio-states-stage/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=ouab-bring-modern-miss-america-nina-davuluri-ohio-states-stage

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:06:27 01/06/14 Mon

Subject: Help us choose!

Author:
Hilary
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:28:02 12/29/13 Sun

Help us decide what tiara to use for our Little Miss program.

Go vote in our poll: http://poll.fm/f/4kl7x

PS - we still have openings in every division - Little Misses can register ONLINE! Paperwork for the other two divisions can be downloaded directly from our website ... Teens: misshilliardteen.com ... Misses: misshilliard.com

Subject: Contestant Lottery Announcement

Author:
MHSP (Powers)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:51:36 12/14/13 Sat

Hi everyone!

Our contestant lottery will be on Sunday, January 26 at 2:30 PM at the Hilliard Library. If you can't make it, that's OK ... we'll be webcasting LIVE on our U-Stream page, uploading the finished video to our YouTube page, and posting the final order on our Facebook pages (both Miss and Teen).

Go LIKE our Facebook pages for the latest details:

http://www.facebook.com/misshilliardohio

http://www.facebook.com/misshilliardteen

See you soon!

-Hilary

Replies:
Subject: Up to thirteen titles left, including sweeps. Who hasn't won yet that you'd love to see at Miss Ohio this year?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:40:16 11/12/13 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Becky

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:47:26 11/03/13 Sun

It looks like they either captured the right smile for her (not over smiling), photoshopped this picture, or she's tweaked her gum line. It makes a world of difference!

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone have pics of the current local title holders who will be competing for Miss Ohio this season? Would love to see a collage of them all. Thanks!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:19:52 12/05/13 Thu

Subject: Cyber Monday Deals - valid 12/1 and 12/2 only!

Author:
MHSP
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:17:02 12/01/13 Sun

Check it out: http://misshilliardteen.webs.com/cybermonday

Subject: Miss NWO14 Results

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:29:10 11/09/13 Sat

Talent- Kara
Interview-
4RU- Nicole
3RU- Alexis
2RU- Sarah
1RU- Chelsi
Miss NWO14- Kara

Replies:
Subject: Miss Northwestern - Who's competing?

Author:
Curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:19:56 11/04/13 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Kara Wagner Miss OH vs MOUSA

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:06:58 11/03/13 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Who is competing for Miss Maple City?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:06:31 10/22/13 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Ashley Bowman Miss OH vs MOUSA

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:59:57 11/03/13 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Miss Hilliard's Outstanding Teen

Author:
MHSP
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:01:19 11/07/13 Thu

Exciting news!

We have added an Outstanding Teen title. Join us on February 8 for our program - details on our website!

http://www.misshilliard.com
http://www.misshilliardteen.com

Subject: Miss Maple CIty Pictures (w/ the right link this time)

Author:
steve44070
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:25:24 11/04/13 Mon

For people who were unable to attend the Miss Maple City pageant or if you just want to relive the night. I took a bunch of photos & i'd like to share them (in full resolution). Unfortunately I had to omit the Outstanding Teen portion of fitness & talent in both areas due to poor lighting & extreme blurriness & poor seat location (for 1st half of show). I like to thank all the contestants who competed, the guests of the pageant, the kids from EHOVE JVS for the security & to the behind the scenes crew as well. Let's just say that once again, I had a wonderful time Saturday night :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22631521@N08/sets/72157637248878735/

Steve

Replies:
Subject: Familiar faces at the Miss Ohio USA pageant---Kara Wagner, Becky Minger, Ashley Bowman

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:19:41 11/03/13 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Miss Maple CIty Pictures

Author:
steve44070
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:19:53 11/04/13 Mon

For people who were unable to attend the Miss Maple City pageant or if you just want to relive the night. I took a bunch of photos & i'd like to share them (in full resolution). Unfortunately I had to omit the Outstanding Teen portion of fitness & talent in both areas due to poor lighting & extreme blurriness & poor seat location (for 1st half of show). I like to thank all the contestants who competed, the guests of the pageant, the kids from EHOVE JVS for the security & to the behind the scenes crew as well. Let's just say that once again, I had a wonderful time Saturday night :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22631521@N08/sets/72157636488314953/

Steve

Replies:
Subject: Miss Maple City 2014 Results

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:55:53 11/02/13 Sat

TEEN:
1RU- Shala
Miss Maple City Teen- Abbey Hitchens

MISS:
Interview- Sarah J
Talent- Gabby
3RU- Chelsi
2RU- Alexis
1RU- gabby
Miss Maple City 2013- Sarah Clapper

Replies:
Subject: Melissa Bradley DVD

Author:
Buckeye
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:54:10 11/03/13 Sun

I am looking for a copy of the pageant in which Melissa Bradley won.. I have just about every other year except for hers... Can anyone help me out here..
Thanks

Subject: Miss Maple CityTeen Contestants

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:26:56 11/02/13 Sat

1. Hannah Reiff
2. Olivia Anderson
3. Abbey Hitchens
4. Shannon Friedrich
5. Shayla Thomas

Archives: 12345678910 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (optional):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.