VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat for Free
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]

Miss Ohio Talk
Pageant Guru National Voy Board click here Picture Posting Help click here CMN Search Contestants click here

Subject: Of the girls who haven't one a local yet, who would you like to see at Miss Ohio?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:04:00 02/08/15 Sun

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: So confused! Weren't Jay & Steve O. Good friends? Seem to remember when they both got involved. Maybe worked for same local, supported same girls. What happened?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:34:27 02/14/15 Sat

Replies:
Subject: future planning....

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:46:34 02/17/15 Tue

Have the dates for the state pageant been confirmed by the new board? Will it be held in Mansfield? Will there be sweeps pageants this year? I'm trying to plot out my schedule for the next several months, and I need to factor in vacation time requests and travel arrangements. My interest in the Miss Ohio program is superceded by my "real life", and I need to make decisions soon.

Subject: Guru

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:13:12 02/16/15 Mon

Very interesting that Guru deleted the Ohio Voy Board link on it's page.

Replies:
Subject: Where is the MAO Corporate Governance?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:34:23 02/04/15 Wed

I'd like to understand the corporate governance that allowed the MAO license selection committee to award Ohio to Steven Oliveri. They have a fiduciary responsibility as a board and there's far too much evidence of impropriety by Oliveri and his group that it brings into question if they did any due diligence or proper vetting of their selection.

When was the last time Ohio's finances (not their processes, but their actual books) were audited by an independent CPA firm?

It was reported in the Mansfield News Journal that Oliveri and Kunkle orchestrated the 'moving to Zanesville' lie to leverage money from the host city of Mansfield:

>>>>>Lou Whitmire, lwhitmir@mansfieldnewsjournal.com 7:38 p.m. EST December 16, 2014

The Miss Ohio board started a restructuring in 2011 at the urging of the convention bureau, after some Miss Ohio program members (Oliveri and Kunkle) said publicly the city of Zanesville wanted to lure the pageant there.

Tasseff (President of the convention bureau) researched that and found it was never true. “There was no deal on the table from Zanesville,” he said. “That was a story perpetuated by (Miss Ohio) leadership at the time. Eventually a Mansfield committee formed to keep the program here found out the bid from Zanesville didn’t exist."<<<<<

full article here: http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/story/news/local/2014/12/16/mansfields-miss-ohio-pageant-peril/20506729/

I have copies of letters from several former state contestants who during this process wrote the MAO detailing Oliveri's 'judging improprieties' over the years.

Schnitkey was disbarred (as a lawyer).

Kunkle ran out on all his production bills last year. When the standing board took bids (after he spent $212,000 on production the year prior) he claimed he had an anonymous donor for all production fees. After lots of excuses, it was discovered mere weeks prior to the state pageant he and Schnitkey made the whole thing up. (see the other MNJ article)

There were at least 2 other groups who submitted bids, but were never even interviewed by the Miss America Selection Committee. These are solid, respected, educated people with good reputations and exceptional corporate/pageant experience. I’m not confident the Selection Committee even knew of the other bids.

It begs the question, did the selection committee follow corporate governance or properly vet this candidate to uphold their fiduciary responsibility.

Replies:
Subject: Miss Greater Columbus Pictures https://www.flickr.com/photos/steve44070/sets/72157650694681931/

Author:
steve44070
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:55:38 02/13/15 Fri

For people who were unable to attend the Miss Greater Columbus pageant or if you just want to relive the night. I took a bunch of photos & i'd like to share them (in full resolution). I like to thank all the contestants who competed, the guests of the pageant, & to the behind the scenes crew as well. Sorry for the delay.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve44070/sets/72157650694681931/

Please feel free to take a look & enjoy! And while you're there, you can take a look at my other sets as well, including sets from Miss Ohio week (The Carrousel & the coronation party) & pics from last year's local prelims.

Steve

Please feel free to take a look & enjoy! And while you're there, you can take a look at my other sets as well, including sets from Miss Ohio week (The Carrousel & the coronation party) & pics from last year's local prelims.

Steve

Replies:
Subject: Moderator, Will you please take control of your board?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:41:38 02/09/15 Mon

A fresh start on this board is needed. You were kind enough to let everyone have their say about the change of the EDs in OH. MAO has now made the decision. As a fan, I want to support the new board as they proceed toward the Miss OH pageant.

If any problems arise, those can be addressed at the time. The past is over. Move on, please.

Replies:
Subject: So who attended the Miss Greater Columbus and can give a rundown on contestants and an honest view?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:26:03 02/08/15 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Miss South East Ohio

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:13:12 02/08/15 Sun

Anyone know who's competing at the South East prelim?

Replies:
Subject: Miss Ohio is for the girls

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:00:30 02/08/15 Sun

I understand everyone has multiple opinions on the situation involving the Miss Ohio program, but please keep in mind, this program is for the young women competing. Posting nasty things about the directors and saying the pageant is rigged isn't going to help these young women, if anything it will make their experience more difficult. On top of that, contacting sponsors and telling them to pull out results in these women losing scholarships and opportunities to compete for Miss Ohio. Negativity isn't going to solve the problem, the MAO has made their decision. Instead, focus your time on helping these girls have the best experience they can in locals and at Miss Ohio.

Replies:
Subject: SOS

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:07:17 02/05/15 Thu

As a contestant can somebody please explain to me what is going on and how this will effect myself and the other contestants moving forward?

Replies:
Subject: I love that Mackenzie is doing so much, can't remember a recent Miss Ohio ever doing that. I'm wondering if she is paid for all of those appearances though, or just doing it out of the goodness of her heart. I thought Miss Ohio had to be paid for every appearance. At least that is what I was told when I tried to get Ellen Bryan to come to our city. What are Miss Ohio's booking fees or will she just come for free to these little events like Mackenzie has been doing, school visits, small community meetings, etc. And Thank You to Mackenzie for being a fabulous Miss Ohio for doing all of this!

Author:
a Mackenzie fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:45:27 02/01/15 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Miss Oxford and Miss Greater Butler County Outstanding Teen Competition

Author:
Jacky Johnson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:09:05 02/05/15 Thu

Miss Oxford & Miss Greater Butler County’s Outstanding Teen – OPEN COMPETITION March 7, 2015 – Show: 6:00pm Pageant Location: Oxford, OH Contact Information: Executive Director: Jacky Johnson 6261 Hester Road, Oxford, OH 45056, johnson.jacky324@gmail.com or 5135240969 Application Deadline: February 20, 2015 Forum: TBD

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]
myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.