VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]

Miss Ohio
Miss Ohio Talk
Pageant Guru National Voy Board click here Picture Posting Help click here CMN Search Contestants click here

Subject: Who won overall interview this year?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:14:23 06/27/17 Tue

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Pictures from Miss Ohio week 2017 on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve44070/albums

Author:
steve44070
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:13:44 06/30/17 Fri

Miss Ohio Parade: http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve44070/albums/72157681971636042

Miss Ohio's Outstanding Teen (postgame): http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve44070/albums/72157683066222150

Miss Ohio Preliminary Season 2017: http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve44070/sets/72157685160921886

Miss Ohio Finals 2017 (pre/postgame/coronation): http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve44070/albums/72157685201257566

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve44070/albums for all of my albums

And while you're there, you can also check out my pictures from previous events from the past 4 years, including some non-pageant related events.

Again, thank you for all the likes & support of what I do & I will see you all in Brunswick for Miss North Coast on July 22nd for the start of my 5th season.

Steve

Replies:
Subject: Miss Miami Miss Montgomery Co.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:07:09 06/28/17 Wed

July 15th.

Replies:
Subject: Cecili in ss, eg, and winning ss prelim award

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:31:15 06/23/17 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Miss Virginia Friday Night

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:29:25 06/23/17 Fri

Former Miss Ohio and Broadway star Tiffany Haas is one of the emcees tonight! Her mother is the director of the Princess and Teen program in Virginia.

Replies:
Subject: Cecili Weber is the swimsuit preliminary winner in Virginia tonight!!! Congrats!!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:22:47 06/22/17 Thu

Subject: Sam Haskell's Speech on Saturday

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:57:04 06/21/17 Wed

Sam Haskell spoke at Finals on Saturday where he shared his life story, how he saved Miss America, and presented his "good friend" Steven Oliveri a plaque for the Miss Ohio 70th anniversary.

I was zoning out until in the middle of his speech when he slowed down and pointedly said, "I may not be the most popular CEO..." and then he paused, and turned very dark "...but I DAMN WELL WILL BE RESPECTED."

I was shocked. It was a WTF moment; like, did I just hear that? Where did THAT come from? Why is he saying this?!?

Here's the CEO of Miss America, the 'other' face of Miss America, who plays the Southern Gentleman, swearing in front of an entire audience. And the awkwardness of the moment. He then went back to all light and lovely, praising the Ohio program and said it was one of the best run states.

Did anyone else catch this? What did you think? Why would he feel the need to say this? Or is this how a Hollywood agent would act?

Replies:
Subject: Why has the @missamericaoh Instagram been deleted and why isn't Sarah running the Miss Ohio snapchat?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:19:35 06/20/17 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Speculate something that matters.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:33:57 06/22/17 Thu

Some posts and comments are shocking and dumb. Everyone gravitates to the MOST ridiculous things! Find speculation in something that matters

Subject: Top 10

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:32:15 06/17/17 Sat

top 10:

Paige Annelies Wiers
Amelia Ann Hitchens
Hanna Tumbusch
Stephanie Yasechko
Matti-Lynn Chrisman
Karolina Ulasevich
Hannah Zimmerman
Sarah Clapper
Caroline Grace
Madeline Paige Carter

Replies:
Subject: Snap chat?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:51:06 06/18/17 Sun

Does Miss Ohio have a snap chat? I'd like to keep up with her day to day activities that we don't always see on Facebook. Thanks 😊

Replies:
Subject: Miss Ohio - Sarah Clapper

Author:
What a surprise!!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:12:51 06/17/17 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Becky Minger who is coaching Miss and Teen contestants and is also been backstage assisting our current Miss Ohio with her hair and make up. She has complete access to her clients backstage and I find this completely unfair to the they contestants competing.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:22:56 06/15/17 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Bowling Green graduate student Brianna Drevlow won the talent preliminary last night at the Miss Minnesota pageant. She plays the piano.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:25:05 06/15/17 Thu

Young women with Ohio connections are doing very well at other state pageants this year.

Replies:
Subject: Alice's weight gain looks great! She was way too thin, needed to win, but totally unrealistic and another bad problem for pageant girls, but what is with the flowers on her crown for her farewell post? Ridiculous! Violation of MAO rules. Her body looks great, but it looks like she is a goof-ball!!!!!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:35:14 06/17/17 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Talent is Clapper and swimsuit is Wiers

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:39:10 06/16/17 Fri

Replies:
Subject: I'm glad that the contestants also recognize what has happened to the program. Direct quote from Sarah Clapper after she won preliminary swimsuit. "When I started there were over 25 contestants and now this year there are 19," she said. "I want to go back to the way the program was and continue to grow the program so it can touch the lives of more individuals." If she wins she will see why the program is in the shape it's in.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:31:43 06/16/17 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Final night scoring explained

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:16:56 06/17/17 Sat

On Friday the judges hold a meeting where they are told the Top 9. They give each a composite score worth 25% based on the question:

“On a scale of 6 to 10, what is the contestant’s ability to be the beautiful, talented, intelligent and well-spoken role model this state needs to perform this job?”

High and low are dropped, so girls come into Finals with a score between 45 and 75 points.

All scoring Finals night is between 6 and 10 points with high and low scores dropped (so only three scores are counted).
10% fitness
30% talent* **
15% evening gown
20% onstage question

*On finals night only, judges factor into their talent score “Who's the best girl for the job”. A girl who can warble through the National Anthem only ok, but has shown amazing stage presence all night can be awarded more points than her onstage performance would merit, whereas a talent winner who doesn’t have the face or spark of a titleholder and can get less points factoring in "best girl for the job".

**Finals night judging of 6-10 helps girls with ok talents in the most weighted competition. Let's say a girl is fantastic in everything except talent and managed to make Top 10 and get good composites. During preliminaries, she might have gotten 5s in talent, but during Finals, she can only get a 6 at the least. That could automatically boost her score 9 points (one point from each judged weighed 30%).

It also helps girls who aren't the best in ss. SS is only worth 10% and she can't get less than a 6. Same with eg being reduced to 15%.

Final Question has replaced Final Ballot. This is where judges can help their favorites win given it's worth 20%.

So if you're wonder how a girl with a 5 talent, or 4 ss, or gives an awkward Final answer can win, consider the above.

Subject: Winner

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:36:32 06/17/17 Sat

Everyone's top five and winners for tomorrow night?

Replies:
Subject: Night 2 Precidtions??

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:04:42 06/16/17 Fri

I'm going with either Gabby or Madeline for Talent and Bry or Stephanie S for swimsuit.

Replies:
Subject: Optimists' Luncheon

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:12:42 06/16/17 Fri

Great pic Steve!

Replies:
Subject: Talent winners: Caroline Grace. swimsuit sarah clapper

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:25:46 06/15/17 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Erin walking to receive her ss award

Author:
still can't get pictures to post in threads
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:47:50 06/16/17 Fri

Subject: Deneen Peen

Author:
Sorry- I can't get photos to post within threads so I started a new one
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:23:03 06/16/17 Fri

Her sister Deneen competed in Miss Maple City this year, and then went on to win Miss Collegiate Ohio

Subject: LeAnn Penn wins ss prelim in PA

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:08:40 06/15/17 Thu

Replies:
Subject: In light of Sam coming to Ohio why don't you let him know how Ohio is doing from a state run pageant standpoint. You can email him directly at samhaskell@sbcglobal.net. Let him know anything you want and how the state program is doing. If information is filtered to him through others at MAO this is your opportunity to communicate directly.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:32:06 06/13/17 Tue

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]
myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.