|Subject: An open message to the director's, volunteers, contestants, and their families of the local program of the Miss Ohio Scholarship Program|
[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 14:31:34 06/04/13 Tue
We just wanted to let all the local directors, volunteers, contestants and their families know that we will not be providing photographs for the 2013 Miss Ohio or Miss Ohioís Outstanding Teen programs in either an official or unofficial capacity.
The state board of the Miss Ohio Scholarship Program has decided to move in a different direction with the photography this year. The board feels that the new photographer has a great reputation and more to offer the state program than we have in the past.
While we don't dispute the baordís right to make this decision, and we wish best of luck to the new photographer, we feel the manner in which this decision was made was done poorly. Based on this, and other past situations with the board, we have decided to end our association with the state program.
We have let the state board know of our decision to end our association in an open letter last week and in the letter informed them we would continue to support the local Miss Ohio scholarship programs, directors, volunteers, contestants, and their families.
While we are disappointed that our 21 years of volunteer involvement with the Miss Ohio Scholarship state program has ended, we remain committed to the ideals of the Miss America program to support and promote the personal, community, and educational goals of young women throughout the state of Ohio and across the United State.
We would like to take a moment to say thank you to all of the countless directors, volunteers, contestants, and families we have been given the privilege to get to know and work with the past 21 years at the state level. Be it, stage construction, running the ropes in the rafters of the Renaissance, lighting design, sound design, running the spotlights, helping in the television truck, helping run and organize the Miss Ohio festival or in the last few years providing web design, graphic design, and photography services we have had a tremendous amount of fun, found a lot of personal fulfillment, and made friends for a lifetime. A special thank you also to Paul Herlihy for helping us realize 21 years ago how truly special the program can be and how wonderful it is to be a volunteer and get involved.
To all the local directors, volunteers, contestants, and their families please know that we will always be here to help in whatever manner we can and when we are able. Be it photography, graphic design, web design, finances, or just our time you will always have our families support and help when we are able.
Finally, we want to offer our best wishes and good luck to the state program and to all the 2013 Miss Ohio contestants, Miss Ohioís Outstanding Teen contestants, and the Princess Camp participants. Show them all the very best of Ohio and light up the stage!
Thank you, take care of one another, and we hope to see you all again soon.
Timothy R. Russell
ray russell design
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
- This is very sad. Most of you know the phrase "no good deed goes unpunished". Well, we cannot thank you enough for all you have done! Best wishes for continued success and happiness!! -- No name, 15:34:16 06/04/13 Tue
- So sad :[ -- No name, 23:02:45 06/04/13 Tue
- Breakups are NEVER done well for at least one side of the equation, especially after 21 years. (NT) -- No name, 04:56:51 06/05/13 Wed
- Having seen Tim's letter from a friend on the board its truly amazing he stayed as long as he did and what the board truly thinks of it volunteers is obvious. They will never get another penny of our companies money after this year. (NT) -- No name, 13:40:16 06/05/13 Wed
- Thank you very much for everything that you have done for the Miss Ohio Program! -- No name, 20:20:07 06/05/13 Wed
- I've seen the letter also, yes they did not inform him, but that is the least of the garbage they pulled. They treat all their volunteers like trash. -- No name, 19:13:18 06/06/13 Thu
- Re: An open message to the director's, volunteers, contestants, and their families of the local program of the Miss Ohio Scholarship Program -- No name, 22:18:22 06/07/13 Fri
- Re: An open message to the director's, volunteers, contestants, and their families of the local program of the Miss Ohio Scholarship Program -- No name, 01:20:41 06/11/13 Tue