Thursday, April 10, 2014 – VoyForums News: 'Heartbleed' vulnerability in OpenSSL
VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]8910 ]

Miss Ohio Talk
Pageant Guru National Voy Board click here Picture Posting Help click here CMN Search Contestants click here Miss Ohio Webcast click here

Subject: Miss Ohio webcast?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:23:53 06/17/13 Mon

Does anyone know whether Saturday night's finale will be webcast? If so, what is the link?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Who is on your top 10/11 list?

Author:
BuckeyeGirl33
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:39:29 06/22/13 Sat

So after watching both prelims, I have my list ready to go!

Everyone did a fantastic job, and I feel as though it is a tough call as to who stood out the most. However, here it goes:

Cayla H
Heather W
Alissa B
MacKenzie B
Meggie W
Cecili W
Layne S
Mahogany F
Kara M
Toss Up between Jenna F and Jenna D

Also, don't forget the people's choice- which for some reason I feel will be Kelcey B

I wish good luck to everyone and can't wait to watch Miss Ohio on TWC :)

Replies:
Subject: Tweeting from Miss Ohio

Author:
MaryCampbell
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:51:37 06/21/13 Fri

@MaryCampbell22

Replies:
Subject: When will they post last nights prelims??

Author:
Would like to watch it before the finals!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:42:00 06/22/13 Sat

Subject: Sylvart--

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:08:51 06/22/13 Sat

Please publish the swim suit photos from last night of Contestants 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11!!!

Replies:
Subject: Kudos to many....

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:09:22 06/22/13 Sat

I am thrilled to be able to watch the preliminaries on the Ohio Media Group website. Thank you very much! I enjoyed the second introduction of each contestant, each explaining how her education will move her life forward. That was a brilliant idea. Overall, the quality of the competition is so much better than in recent years. I have my guesses who will do well Saturday night; I can watch the finals on TV again! If these are changes manifested by the new board, I am very happy and I can see the program getting better in coming years. Great start for the new officers. Congrats.

Replies:
Subject: Miss Ohio Finals

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:09:00 06/22/13 Sat

Based on what Im seeing and hearing, Wells is doing extremely well. However, Im not counting out new comer Lindsay Hanson. She is absolutely gorgeous onstage and the camera seems to love her.

Subject: Let's hear some info on Night 1. Who won? How was the production? Was it the same ole thing, better or worse?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:13:39 06/20/13 Thu

Replies:
Subject: ? I'm not attending Miss Ohio this year, so I'm wondering how full the theatre has been each evening, attendance-wise?

Author:
Thanks!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:38:29 06/21/13 Fri

Subject: Miss Ohio VOD

Author:
Marlia (Miss OH 2005)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:19:03 06/21/13 Fri

Thanks to BuckeyeGirl, here is the link to Ohio Media Group's Video on Demand coverage of MOOT and Miss Ohio. It is not a live stream, but at least it gives us who do not have access to TWC a chance to review the competition.

http://ohiomediagroupinc.com/index.php/events/2012-12-05-16-48-08/mosp-vod

I plan on attending finals night. Who else will be there?

Replies:
Subject: Hello Mansfield!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:13:04 06/18/13 Tue

Is anybody there? Nary a word about the pageant this week. Who looks like she's ready to take the crown? Is there another Ohio messageboard you all are using?

Replies:
Subject: 2 Questions

Author:
Excited
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:50:08 06/19/13 Wed

I'm looking for suggestions on where to eat in the downtown area tomorrow night before prelims start. Any suggestions? Also, how much are program books this year? Thanks and see you at the theater!

Replies:
Subject: How is the teen pageant going? Wish I could be there.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:24:37 06/19/13 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Daughters of former contestants

Author:
libby luke
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:45:29 06/17/13 Mon

I competed as Miss Medina-Lorain in '85 and Miss Northeastern in '86..I'm living in NC now and my 16 year old daughter is considering competing when she is in college...made me wonder if any of my former local "sisters" have daughters who are now in the program? Specifically wondering about Carolyn Clark, Terri Finnerty, Angie Laut, Diana Cale and Tammy Salem...anybody know what happened to these ladies and if they have daughters involved?

Replies:
Subject: Miss Ohio Stule Show

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:35:57 06/19/13 Wed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpWhbHVrwAk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Replies:
Subject: Renee Lawless

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:04:05 06/09/13 Sun

For those still around from the 80's...Renee Lawless, former third runner up to Miss Ohio 1987 can be seen Tuesday nights on the OWN network in the Tyler Perry series, The Haves And The Have Nots. She plays the Matriarch of the Cryer family, and wife to Dukes of Hazzard star John Schneider. She's doing a great job and we should be very proud of all of our former Miss Ohio contestants.

Replies:
Subject: Quick question...

Author:
Curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:17:13 06/13/13 Thu

Are the rehearsals open to the public next week? Thanks!

Replies:
Subject: What's everyone think of the new "vote for your favorite contestant" with proceeds going to MOSP?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:16:36 05/30/13 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Can someone who knows Mansfield please help? Where can I get a pageant/evening gown shoe for my daughter while I'm here in Mansfield? thank you

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:12:21 06/16/13 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Parade weather doesn't sound promising.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:40:44 06/15/13 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Annual events

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:27:24 06/15/13 Sat

For those of you who come to the pageant in multiple years, is there anything you do every year because it has become part of your "tradition" during the week? A bunch of us used to go to the Bob Evans after the prelims and discuss what we saw that night. We'd be there all hours of the night. We also ate dinner at the same Italian restaurant before the finals on Saturday; I have forgotten the name.

What about you?

Replies:
Subject: Scavenger Hunt

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:21:21 06/15/13 Sat

Found this on the Miss Ohio website. This looks like fun. I want to see some of the mansions in the pictures, stunning architecture. Of course, I'll ask for help from some of the volunteers. It's a great alternative than sitting at the hotel all day. And I want to win the prize!

Subject: Backtrack Editing

Author:
Soon-To-Be Competing
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:14:43 06/14/13 Fri

Does anyone know of a person in Ohio that can cut backtracks to the appropriate time requirement? I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it and I already have the backtrack for my song. It's just about a minute too long and I would like to have it done as soon as possible! Thank you!

Replies:
Subject: Contestant Wanted-Miss West Central Ohio 2013-Aug 3-Van Wert Ohio.CLOSED PROGRAM to TEN COUNTIES-Limit to 14 contestants only.Three Crowns-All MISS contestants receive $100 expense check...Teens will be included-Limited number.-2 Crowns/Fee. All televised on NBC/Lima and Hosted by Elissa McCracken and Katie Stam.-Info at www.misswco.com --

Author:
Leslie Townsend
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:56:11 06/03/13 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Mackenzie Bart performed at Miss MO Outstanding Teen Pageant

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:41:51 06/07/13 Fri

Just saw online Mackenzie Bart perform "Somewhere" at the Miss Missouri OT program. They had several girls from across the MAO perform.

Replies:
Subject: An open message to the director's, volunteers, contestants, and their families of the local program of the Miss Ohio Scholarship Program

Author:
Tim R.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:31:34 06/04/13 Tue

Past Miss Ohio Parade Collage

Hello all,

We just wanted to let all the local directors, volunteers, contestants and their families know that we will not be providing photographs for the 2013 Miss Ohio or Miss Ohioís Outstanding Teen programs in either an official or unofficial capacity.

The state board of the Miss Ohio Scholarship Program has decided to move in a different direction with the photography this year. The board feels that the new photographer has a great reputation and more to offer the state program than we have in the past.

While we don't dispute the baordís right to make this decision, and we wish best of luck to the new photographer, we feel the manner in which this decision was made was done poorly. Based on this, and other past situations with the board, we have decided to end our association with the state program.

We have let the state board know of our decision to end our association in an open letter last week and in the letter informed them we would continue to support the local Miss Ohio scholarship programs, directors, volunteers, contestants, and their families.

While we are disappointed that our 21 years of volunteer involvement with the Miss Ohio Scholarship state program has ended, we remain committed to the ideals of the Miss America program to support and promote the personal, community, and educational goals of young women throughout the state of Ohio and across the United State.

We would like to take a moment to say thank you to all of the countless directors, volunteers, contestants, and families we have been given the privilege to get to know and work with the past 21 years at the state level. Be it, stage construction, running the ropes in the rafters of the Renaissance, lighting design, sound design, running the spotlights, helping in the television truck, helping run and organize the Miss Ohio festival or in the last few years providing web design, graphic design, and photography services we have had a tremendous amount of fun, found a lot of personal fulfillment, and made friends for a lifetime. A special thank you also to Paul Herlihy for helping us realize 21 years ago how truly special the program can be and how wonderful it is to be a volunteer and get involved.

To all the local directors, volunteers, contestants, and their families please know that we will always be here to help in whatever manner we can and when we are able. Be it photography, graphic design, web design, finances, or just our time you will always have our families support and help when we are able.

Finally, we want to offer our best wishes and good luck to the state program and to all the 2013 Miss Ohio contestants, Miss Ohioís Outstanding Teen contestants, and the Princess Camp participants. Show them all the very best of Ohio and light up the stage!

Thank you, take care of one another, and we hope to see you all again soon.
Timothy R. Russell
ray russell design
tim@rayrusselldesign.com

Replies:
Subject: What two or three miss and teen talents are you looking forward to watching in 2weeks?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:12:31 06/05/13 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Contestant outreach...

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:52:45 03/25/13 Mon

According to the Census Bureau, there are roughly 500,000 women aged 18 to 24 in Ohio. Let's assume 10% of them have a stage talent (50,000). Of this group 20% may look like a Miss America in swimsuit and evening wear (10,000). Of this group, 20% may have a good grasp of who they are and know what is happening in the world (2,000). That's roughly 2,000 young women in the state of Ohio who we would consider Miss Ohio/Miss America material. What is being done to inform and educate these young women about the Miss Ohio program? Who is actively reaching out to and recruiting individual women in this group? This year we'll have 24 women competing for Miss Ohio. Only ten of them have no state pageant experience. I don't understand why these numbers aren't higher, given the pool of logical potential contestants. Does anyone have a very specific answer with documented numerical evidence how we are marketing to these 2,000 young women?

Replies:
Subject: If by some miracle my niece would win what does the miss ohio prep team do to get her ready for Miss America. I was told it is much earlier this year and will be in Atlantic city new Jersey.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:52:35 05/30/13 Thu

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 123456[7]8910 ]
myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.