VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]8910 ]

Miss Ohio
Miss Ohio Talk
Pageant Guru National Voy Board click here Picture Posting Help click here CMN Search Contestants click here

Subject: Winner

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:56:58 06/11/17 Sun

I'm calling Sarah Clapper for the Win for Miss Ohio and Katie Hitchens for the win for MOOT !

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Night One- SS: Sarah Clapper, Talent: Caroline Grace Williams

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:24:49 06/15/17 Thu

Subject: Prelim Night One Winner Predictions?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:38:21 06/15/17 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Erin O'Brien wins ss prelim in WI

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:09:56 06/15/17 Thu

Subject: Rules only apply to SOME people in Ohio

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:00:02 06/10/17 Sat

Becky and Roberta are clearly pageant COACHS and VENDORS...

One of the girls they are COACHING, was recruited by TERRI HERLIHY, and goes to her church!

Use former Miss Ohio's for your COACHING and as a headshot VENDOR +
be personally recruited by a family friend and 30 year volunteer at Miss Ohio =
Favoritism at its finest!

Replies:
Subject: Miss Ohio Parade 2017 (in full resolution) https://www.flickr.com/photos/steve44070/albums/72157681971636042

Author:
steve44070
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:59:19 06/12/17 Mon

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve44070/albums/72157681971636042 or http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve44070/albums to check out all of my albums.

And while you're there, you can also check out my pictures from previous events from the past 4 years, including some non-pageant related events.

Again, thank you for all the likes & support of what I do & I will see you all in Mansfield from Outstanding Teen all the way thru the coronation.

Steve

Replies:
Subject: Teen program

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:48:36 06/14/17 Wed

is anyone live tweeting?

Replies:
Subject: Winner

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:45:22 06/13/17 Tue

Who does everyone have to win?

Replies:
Subject: Headshots

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:52:44 05/18/17 Thu

In order of competition.

Replies:
Subject: Teen Pageant @7:30pm?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:33:56 06/13/17 Tue

Is there a Pre-show at 7pm and the pageant actually starts at 7:30?

Replies:
Subject: Is Sarah E. still engaged? If so what is she doing up here working with the teens?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:59:01 06/11/17 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Tickets sales. Wow a lot of tickets are still available on finals night and I keep seeing how people are winning free tickects in Mansfield. Not to mention all the comp tickets that are given to sponsors friends production crew families etc. Just wow

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:39:23 06/12/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Marketing

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:34:08 06/11/17 Sun

One of the biggest flaws with this current group is the lack of marketing. Social media is free publicity, and it's very poorly managed.

The parade was today. No photos were posted, no Facebook Live videos were done, nothing. It's like it didn't even happen yet.

If we're going to get people to care about Miss Ohio, it starts with promotion and building our brand. That means someone needs to be responsible for it - not the current winner, either.

Replies:
Subject: Facebook live

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:11:21 06/12/17 Mon

Will anyone be doing a Facebook live during any of the pageant? Would love to watch the final night at least hopefully; if anyone knows of someone that will be doing one I'd love to know!

Subject: State judges are: Barry Phillips, Janelle Couts, AJ Buddy Dees, Sean Lichty and Marsha Bonhart

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:30:36 06/10/17 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Has anyone been watching the contestant videos on MOSP Facebook. I'd hate to be a judge who travels here to spend a week away from home to witness this group. I know this sounds harsh but we are theee weeks from Miss Ohio and why have these girls not been prepped by their local program directors. Just sad.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:26:43 05/31/17 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Streaming

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:49:27 06/04/17 Sun

Why isn't the pageant live streamed anymore? I swear I remember watching Minger get crowned on a live stream. Am I just crazy?

Replies:
Subject: Miss Ohio kicks off next week and we still don't know who's peforming

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:02:24 06/08/17 Thu

Who's emceeing? Who's performing? Who's judging? At least they finally put the contestant headshots up on the Miss Ohio website.

Replies:
Subject: videos Part 2

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:31:31 06/06/17 Tue

Jessica: Looks great; speaks great; good content but I get the vibe that she was put out to do this. She's in a car wearing a MAC apron which makes me wonder if MO called and said they needed her video RIGHT THEN. She's missing the "approachability/girl next door" factor. Lose the apron, step outside the car, smile, and voila!
Rachel: Needs a retake-- helicopter, road noise, and the dreaded brick wall back drop. Delivery was good; content OK. Not a fan of trying to fit in some other aspect (platform, major, studies abroad) in a video where you only have about 20 seconds to share your favorite thing about Ohio, but this worked.
Oh, but her hands! She's magically lifting up something throughout her speaking lol which got distracting. But Rachel has something priceless that makes any beginner mistakes forgivable and that is an aura of being real, kind, and the lovely young woman Ohio would want to represent them.
This is for everyone: When it comes to styling, every "appearance" a girl makes including videos or any event where they will be photographed, she needs to LOOK LIKE MISS OHIO. If Rachel's going to wear her hair natural in competition, great. If not, she needs to present herself as she would competing, as that's how the judges will envision her making appearances.
This includes making sure your clothes are looking their best. Get to your local thrift store and pick up a clothes steamer. It would knock out those wrinkles in that top in 30 seconds and works great on gowns!! It is a MUST to have for MO.
Also, nearly every girl needs a stronger lip color (especially in outside lighting!) You can see they have makeup on, but without a defined lip, they look drained. Go see Jessica at MAC and get the perfect color!
Kelly: Great job- great content, great speaking, but I can't see your pretty face in the shadows! And I want to know your horse's name! I'll forgive the background announcer because it's part of what you're doing. Another first time contestant I'll be excited to watch.
Gabby: Excellent, strong speaker! First one I could really hear outside. Good content. Believable. Looks the part of a Miss Ohio. Could have gone for some movement, but none is better than anything distracting. Good ending. Her confidence and delivery shows she's a senior contestant.
Hanna: Who are you? What's your title? What's your favorite thing about Ohio? What are you competing for? Do you have a crown? Where are you? What's that mark on the ground mean? And how in the world can you hear a train from west of Olentangy all the way to the Oval? So Hanna missed the assignment but looks good doing it. But another video where I couldn't see her face. Good voice and projection but content needed much more thought.
Sarah C: Who are you? What's your title? (OK, I can see a sash). Sarah looks great (and I can see her lips despite being a long shot, lol!) Her background was excellent, she has a very lovely voice, and she obviously worked on her content, but either memorize what your are going to say, or write up cue cards to avoid being choppy. As much as I've complained about name dropping other achievements, here a quick mention of her career would explain why architecture, of all things, is what she loves most about Ohio.
The trash blowing in the shot at the end would be a good excuse to reshoot and not come off so stilted. But I think she's another contestant where no one will care what she says, because she is sooooo pretty saying it.

Replies:
Subject: Videos

Author:
more
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:24:00 06/05/17 Mon

Wowza. Not impressed with the videos.
Bry: MIA.
Paige: I find wearing a Sunday dress with a crown and sash on a boat kind of weird. Can't really brag about Ohio's snow skiing, IMO. OK delivery (competing with the wind to be heard) and ended oddly. Next time dress the part and write a script. Lovely location. Lovely girl. Want to see her face better.
Stephanie Y: Shot too far away. Needs a microphone. Hard to hear. Forgot the Bluejackets and any Cinci teams. Hard to listen to. Work on tone of voice & script. Needs styling. No pageant foot poses or hands on hips in sandles and jeans. No. Just no. Seems like a genuine girl. In shape and pretty.
Abbey: Love her positive nature. Seems comfortable in her skin but that may just be 18 and ready for the world, lol. Looks the part. She's the definition of relatable. Shared who she and her family was. You got to know something about her.
Hannah: Hard to hear over water, spoke too fast = straining to hear and understand her. Can't see her face at all. Shot too far away. Good content. I get she's outdoors but a Miss State needs to be styled above the average girl's tshirt and baggy athletic shorts. Genuine. The viewer gets to know her.
Stephanie S: Hair looks damaged. Cut 4" off and it will look loads better. Spoke too slowly. Looks like it was shot in front of an apartment. A little cliche. Other than the hair, look and styling on. Very facially pretty girl.
Caroline: I find her favorite thing, her FAVORITE, beating everything else out, is very odd. Trying too hard to edge in platform. Pretty. Just seems very Patty but can't be as this is her first time. More like she's chasing a cliche- big matchy- match earrings, ruffled one shoulder top, world peace. Didn't close the deal. Ask them to come to Mansfield. She strikes me as the kind who will figure it all out this time and come ready to kill next time.
Amelia: dialed it in. Unironed t-shirt, in front of her bedroom door, with no lipstick. Was too obvious working in she studied abroad. Vapid answer.
Autumn: Lovely backdrop. Horrid sun exposure. Looks and sounds very young. Needs make up and hair styling. Basic delivery. Hands were weird. Decent content but another weird work in of a platform, which made ending awkward.
Karolina breaks all the rules: Miss Miami Valley- in Cleveland; noisy street: odd and awkward cameo; and those cornea burning earrings, lol, but nobody cares because she's so fun and pretty while she's doing it. Has a newscaster feel. Noticed she talks about people reacting to her, not how she reaches out to people. When she touched her heart when she said "touched my heart", I wanted to scream. No. She's going to win this pageant unless my dark horse steals the show.
Sarah K. Lovely girl. Lovely voice. Comes off genuine and sincere. Looks like she's going to break into song at any moment, lol. Seems SO positive (in attitude). Awkward ending. Distracting back drop.
Madeline. The bomb. Loved it. The eye movements were a little much. She really says nothing unique about Ohio but does it so pleasantly you don't really notice. Looks great, styled perfectly, great background, great camara work, nice touch on graphics.

Replies:
Subject: Great Baba is Real

Author:
Myriam Boyer (Happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:49:36 06/02/17 Fri

THIS IS GENUINE. NO SCAM. Hi! My name is Myriam Boyer. I want to tell my testimony to the whole world how this great and powerful man called great baba helped me to bring back my partner. My man left me for another lady for five years. I almost gave up until my friend advised me and introduced me to this great man whom she met on the internet. I never believed at first but she encouraged me and i tried to believe and contacted him on his email. I told and explained everything to him and he assured me that he will help me and that i should not worry too much. I believed him and i did all that he asked me to do which i did and it work perfectly and my husband came back to me begging for forgiveness. I am so happy and excited now. I discovered that when my husband came back he even loved me more than the way he used to love me before he left me. great baba opened up his eyes to see how much i love him and how much love we ought to share together as one. This is not brain washing contact great baba now on his email: Highersolutiontemple@yahoo.com

AND YOU CAN ALSO CHECK HIM ON:

Greatbabaofsolution.blogspot.com

Highersolutiontemple.blogspot.com

Replies:
Subject: It was announced at community service this weekend that Sam Haskell will be at Miss Ohio this year. I'm glad so he can see what a mess of a pageant this is.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:45:15 05/21/17 Sun

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 123456[7]8910 ]
myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.