|Subject: What Oliveri Says and what is so; 7 weeks out from the pagean|
[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 14:56:52 04/24/15 Fri
What Oliveri Says and what is so; 7 weeks out from the pageant— A detailed background and explanation of the 2015 scholarship funding situation, claimed litigation, 501c3 status, 2015 sponsor status, and MID Ohio Scholarship Program’s funding and spending.
Miss Ohio Executive Director Oliveri stated at Spring Forum that his board could not announce any scholarship amounts because the former administration has “not released the scholarship funds” and therefore they are litigating to access them.
Oliveri and his administration ARE NOT ENTITLED TO the former organization’s scholarship funds. Those moneys are required to be held in trust to pay scholarship awards from previous years and can not be used to fund 2015 and beyond.
Ohio RFP Bidders were told by the MAO they were to build the organization anew, without any promise of any funds from the previous organization. The MAO refused to even reveal the MOSP’s financial status.
The Miss America Organization selected Oliveri based on his RFP submission. In order to be awarded the license, bidders were required to specify scholarship amounts awarded for the next 3 years and give detailed plans on how they were going to raise those scholarship dollars.
PARENTS AND CONTESTANTS- Please be aware of the following:
1. Civil actions can take yeeeeeaaarrrrs to resolve. Don't count on any money in the next 7 weeks.
2. He SAID they are litigating. Please ask him to VALIDATE that claim by providing the jurisdiction and case number.
3. The first thing that will be subpoenaed is all the MOSPs financial statements, receipts, and bank records during Oliveri's terms as a Board Member, ED, President, and Treasurer, as well as the rest of his board members. They will become public documents for anyone to see-- the volunteers, the media, the IRS, law enforcement.
4. The former administration is not contractually required to transfer any money to the recently selected organization. That doesn't give Oliveri much of a case.
5. Mansfield is NOT FUNDING the “MID Ohio Scholarship Program" (the new administration’s name, which they purposely use the acronym “MOSP” to confuse people unaware of the administrative change). Newman Technologies is NOT DONATING $10,000. All former Teen sponsors have TERMINATED THEIR SUPPORT of the program.
6. Oliveri can't cover the costs of the pageant. Miss Ohio’s three major funding sources are ticket sales, ad sales by the girls, and any donations. The Ren demands up front payment, which is at least $20,000, so the money the girls raised from ad sales will be used to secure the theater. Last year ticket sales were $49,000. Production cost $106,000. Do the math.
7. Despite their financial situation, Kunkle has hired an expensive professional entertainer, who will probably make more in those 3 (or 4) shows than any Miss Ohio has ever been awarded. (Maybe they’ll just make promises and never pay him, like Kunkle has done to dozens of people over the years).
8. It will be extremely difficult for MID Ohio to get donations as it is NOT A 501C3 nonprofit organization. ANY donation of cash, food, lodging, clothing, or other in-kind donation IS NOT TAX DEDUCTIBLE.
9. No ‘backsies’. MISS Ohio Scholarship Program's 501c3 took 2-3 years to obtain. MID Ohio will NOT obtain nonprofit status in the next 7 weeks. They CAN NOT PROMISE SPONSORS that any donations made this year can be retroactively deemed tax deductible if and when they get a 501c3.
10. And it will probably NEVER BE TAX DEDUCTIBLE.. To apply for a 501c3, the tax authorities must be provided with years of sound financial documentation. I do not see Mid Ohio ever receiving approval for IRS nonprofit status given the climate the past few years.
Research public records via Google, GuideStar, the IRS, the Ohio State Attorney General’s Non-Profit Regulation Division, etc. Talk to people. Call the newspaper. Dig, dig, dig. It’s all out there.
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
- DING DING DING DING DING!! Winner!!! (Thanks for spelling this out for the deniers out there) -- It's goin' down the tubes, folks..., 15:27:32 04/24/15 Fri
- If indeed the above post is true, will the new Miss Ohio even receive prep for Miss America? Or will the powers that be shrug their shoulders, and her family scrambles to try and make her competitive...just wondering how the girls are feeling right about now -- No name, 17:30:07 04/24/15 Fri
- Miss Ohio has never received any substantial prep money for MA from the state. (MA provides I think $1,000 to every state.) Whoever wins will have to have deep pockets, because they're on their own. (NT) -- No name, 22:35:38 04/24/15 Fri
- I believe Mackenzie and her family paid for 99% of her Miss America prep and wardrobe herself. (NT) -- No name, 23:16:51 04/24/15 Fri
- Well, in that case, Ohio needs to crown a girl who really doesn't need the $$$$ from competition and has a rich daddy...I would say that many of the contestants are involved to gain the title and any/all doors it may open rather than the scholarship $$$ that may/may not be needed... (NT) -- No name, 08:54:46 04/25/15 Sat
- Of course her family contributed but it wasn't that high of a percentage. I know of atleast 5K was contributed by the state org for her prep (NT) -- No name, 09:16:14 04/25/15 Sat
- None of this is fact - all speculation. Miss America sent $1200 to each state for Miss America prep (NT) -- No name, 10:13:09 04/25/15 Sat
- It's not speculation and Miss America sent each contestant $1,100 each. Plus there was a wardrobe sponsors that donated items to her (NT) -- No name, 10:20:06 04/25/15 Sat
- Also Miss Ohio FB posted in fall that Mackenzie won over $16 thsnd at Miss America prep (NT) -- No name, 10:20:51 04/25/15 Sat
- WRONG: Miss Ohio has not received substantial MONEY to prep for MA from the state. (I'll edit to say at least during the time Oliveri has run the program- who knows 30 years ago). Costs START around $10,000-- 2 walk-on gowns. Mac wore Terik Ediz which are around $1,500- $3,000; a competition eg $3,500-$10,000; alterations on everything, including egs, Ribkoff outfit, and a rebuild on the Walmart ss $500- $1,000; clothes for two weeks of appearances $1,400; a professional headshot/crown shot $600- $1,000; autograph cards $150; Professional hair and makeup at MA- $2,000??. (NT) -- Sure you can do it on the cheap, but that's what gave us a 20 year drought., 14:57:17 04/25/15 Sat
- Please provide a link to confirm the $5,000 number. In-kind clothing reported dollar amounts are not CASH. The dress shop sells the dress to MO at their cost $800. MO gives them a receipt for the RETAIL value of said dress $3,600. The dress shop gets a $2,800 tax write off. Donating eg's is a money maker for the dress shop!! (NT) -- No name, 15:19:56 04/25/15 Sat
- Only partial truths and innuendo to deflect from the old board losing the program and now being butt hurt. -- No name, 07:23:54 04/28/15 Tue
- Is the moderator trying to bury this post? I noticed that now on the home page, I can only see two threads, whereas I used to be able to see several. Funny how this thread appears on the first page of the archives all of a sudden. -- No name, 09:22:05 04/26/15 Sun
- Heard today that John ticked a new sponsor off and now will not donate. WTG -- No name, 18:39:50 04/28/15 Tue
- Steven put John in charge of getting sponsors what a joke. Who would give him money? -- No name, 14:25:09 05/02/15 Sat
- John is still in charge of getting money the man that never paid anyone last year and blamed it on everyone else. LOL -- No name, 10:18:17 05/22/15 Fri
- Heard John is staying in Mansfield. He is still a part of the show. -- No name, 22:44:07 06/02/15 Tue