|Subject: Advise for Contestants|
[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 14:51:09 11/09/15 Mon
Here is some potential advise for contestants still competing, looking to win a crown to state. Strictly my opinion and nothing is meant in a negative manner:
Shannon Novin: Smile more, sometimes your smile looks forced on stage. You have a killer body you've worked hard for but your smile doesn't shine through to your entire face. Also, you're very technically talented but you need to add some spunk to your talent, work the entertainment aspect. If you pull your hair up for evening gown, stick to a curly pony and pull up your bangs or pin them to the side.
Nicole: Watch how harsh your makeup is, it takes away from your eyes. Also, think about curling your hair away from your face and accessorizing with fun colors! I understand why black is the go to because it's slimming, but you'd look great in blue or purple.
Taylor: Try a bathing suit with bottoms that don't cut so high. You have a great figure, but because your short your bottoms cut you a little funny. I would also think of a new style for your hair during evening gown, because it's shorter you could get away with just keeping it back instead of swept to the side. I'd add some bedazzles to your talent costume to really extenuate your talent and turns!
Veronica: Make your talent more entertaining, you have great lines, but its not very fun to watch. Maybe try something more attention grabbing. You would also look great in a fun color for evening gown, although the gold dress is beautiful, it matches your hair and takes away from your overall appearance.
Courtney: Watch box shoulders when you walk, you look a little stiff and make sure to keep your head up high!Your talent is beautiful and the costume is a nice compliment. Your evening gown is pretty, but could use some alterations to really make your curves stand out nicely.
Just some thoughts to help the girls really stand out! They all have great potential
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
- +1! -- No name, 15:01:04 11/09/15 Mon
- I disagree about Veronica's evening gown. The right gold gown with the right blond hair can really complement each other, and I think her's does. For everyone: DON'T go buy a new gown for locals! The reason you haven't won is NOT about the gown, it's about performance. -- No name, 15:27:15 11/09/15 Mon
- As helpful as this may be, it would be better warranted in a private message to each contestant than posted on a message board that hey (hopefully!) don't read. -- No name, 18:05:30 11/09/15 Mon
- To wear black because it is "slimming" is pointless when you're about 50 pounds over a competitive weight. -- No name, 20:26:23 11/09/15 Mon
- Here is what I can see. All of the ladies at MC-- winner included, had a poor stance during their OSQ. In addition, all except the winner went to the clutch of clasping their hands together. That's off putting and a sign of nervousness. I did like Gabby's new gown selection, I felt the old one was not flattering. Shannon is the closest to SS ready, but given the competition that isn't anything to brag about. -- No name, 20:37:47 11/09/15 Mon
- Gee, I SO look forward to your insightful advice when I do my first prelim. -- No name, 19:45:10 11/10/15 Tue
- You should. This advice is spot on, kind, and delivered in a positive way. It's great feedback. -- No name, 21:05:29 11/10/15 Tue
- The best you can take from this board is that no one agrees so therefore there will be as many opinions across the judges. Make choices that make you feel confident and beautiful! The bitter ones on here must have personal issues based on how emotional they are about it all. Don't let them get to you. Pageants are meant to be a competitive hobby and something to enjoy. Keep it that way. There's already enough heavy stuff in the real world so dont let negativity and harsh criticism seep into your experience.. -- No name, 21:17:25 11/10/15 Tue
- I'm sorry, but I disagree. This board is clear that they want a good Miss Ohio. Whether you agree with that sentiment or not, there are people here that still respect the JOB of Miss Ohio. If you want to play pageant, lose 40 pounds and go to USA. -- No name, 21:46:07 11/10/15 Tue
- And "beer girl" is a good candidate to represent the organization? Get real! -- No name, 22:04:07 11/10/15 Tue
- no need to apologize, I'm just making the point that you have to love it and enjoy it or you're wasting your time. Job=$pay. Miss Ohio=opportunity and scholarship $. No need to get caught up in semantics. -- No name, 22:10:59 11/10/15 Tue
- How can you even make this statement in light of the fact of the TENS of THOUSANDS Of dollars due these girls? Keep drinking the kook aid! It is all smoke and mirrors. -- No name, 23:01:23 11/10/15 Tue
- FYI newbies: If you are the lucky chosen one, as Miss OH you are expected to QUIT school for the year and NOT WORK. Several years ago Miss OH was paid +/- $400 a month, but had appearances nearly every day, sometimes twice a day. No hotel covered. No health insurance. If you have student loans, most require you to pay 6 months after you are no longer in school, so those payments kick right at Christmas. (Hope you can get your scholarship!) And you still have rent, utilities, food, and possibly car payment. Oh, and there's a $10,000 wardrobe you'll need for going to Miss America. (NT) -- Why did Mackenzie do so well? She had the money to be competitive., 23:39:42 11/10/15 Tue
- Shannon has a very harsh looking face, looks strung out or something. can't put a finger on it but she screams, "I've had a tough life." every time I see her. Not sure why she isn't wearing heels and smiling with that talent. Even a lack of can be overcome if it's entertaining. Was it Debbie Tyrner who did that talent and won Miss America. She sure smiled while doing it. -- No name, 09:26:46 11/11/15 Wed