VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5]6789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 06:56
Author: ketch-21Apr02
Subject: Re: Atlantis's proof
In reply to: Anon-21Apr02 's message, "Re: Atlantis's proof" on 06:53

"More than geological evidence is the difussionist theories that explain away the striking similarities in temples and pyramids of Yucatan, Mexico Egypt and the middle east."

Egyptian pyramids date from about 5,000 years ago. The oldest known American pyramids from about 4,500 years ago. This is about 7,000 years after Atlantis was supposedly destroyed. How then do any supposed similarities provide evidence for the existence of Atlantis?

This is why I ask for geological evidence from credible scientists who have studies the subject, not some popular New Age theories.

There does seem to be some evidence that there may have been greater contact between ancient peoples than is generally acknowledged, but that does not require a lost continent, just some boats.

You have just reminded me though, that I have been meaning to search for a long time for a delightful book "Pre-Columbian Terracottas" which I found in a library once, but have never seen again. I will have a look on the internet now.

BTW, I have read Velikovsky's book "Worlds in Collision." His theories have been fairly conclusively disproved. I did wonder though, if he may have been the inspiration behind some of Paulsen's fantasies. Sections of Paulsen's book seemed to have "Velikovsky" written all over them.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.