VoyForums

Tue, November 21 2017, 21:30:09VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]789 ]

Visit War Stories! at  www.war-stories.com
War Stories! is an Awards winning family-rated site with over 19 million visitors, and averaging 6,700+ hits daily.
Please visit War Stories BB Rules, Disclaimers, and Guidelines prior to posting a message or response.

Comments to:
Patrick Camunes,
War Stories' Bulletin Board Webmaster!

Return to War Stories!

• looking for an civilian doctor USAid -- Brian H, Thu, July 27 2006, 19:42:13 (81.236.138.107)
    Im looking for an doctor John Connolly,served under USAid in 1969 in Vietnam,he was born in texas,around 1923,can anyone help me.
    Brian

[ Edit | View ]

• Belated Fourth of July -- Pat (Beanie) Camunes, Wed, July 05 2006, 13:04:29 (66.25.89.116)
    While reading on another board I ran into a complaint about our younger generation: “Do they know that the men and women who are dying daily give their lives so these smucks can raise a little hell? And that the noise of an incoming or IED is sometimes the last sound our kids may ever hear? Do the young punks on the streets who kill each other over drugs and self image have a clue that even their stupidity is being protected by people like our kids and the kids of our parents and despite their anger at a system that they see as failure?”

While this person mentions young punks he should also realize that there are also older people out there that just refuse to even recognize what the 4th really means. I sat here yesterday evening and watched the many local celebrations here in San Antonio and all over Tejas on television.

Locally, anyone with a military ID was allowed access to the front of the crowd to include many active personnel, spouses and children, veterans and sadly many widows and widowers of our former warriors. As they spanned the crowd you could see many of the smaller kids waving their miniature American flags and probably not even realizing why . . . but it is imprinted in their minds.

So many somber looks from the older generation as patriotic songs were sung and the looks of wonderment from the teens and younger generation. This younger generation are our future leaders and warriors and it saddens me as I looked at their faces and know that many of them will face their own patriotism and love of freedom and their youthful faces sadly will forever be lost to this living world.

We grow older just as our fathers and forefathers before them and we now notice and complain about the "younger" generation. Every generation, spoiled and pampered kids or not, have given or protected our freedoms we now have. While many celebrate with that bit of sorrowed memory of the sacrifices having been given for this day to celebrate freely, many others watch and learn of the hardships and their own sacrifices they may one day face to continue this freedom.

So, let us all give our youth a bit of credit. That young punk standing on the corner or raising hell may one day pass in a last procession on the way to a funeral with full military honors for his ultimate sacrifice. . . . . I believe “we” have all changed, now give our youth a chance to also do so. . . . May our Good Lord Bless them all. . . . . Beanie

[ Edit | View ]

• Forgotton Vet -- Ed Smith, Thu, June 15 2006, 11:15:08 (172.162.115.197)
    I am disheartened....My Father has been forgotton. My Father served his country in vietnam and died April 23,1995 after fighting a second time with cancer do to Agent Orange. I have searched for hours looking for my Fathers name on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall, only to discover that it can be found nowhere. I then looked for someway to address this probable of unfaithfulness. Yet, again I could find no way of letting someone know so that his name would be added to the long list of remembered soldiers. You are the only ones I were able to find in hopes that you could help a Forgotton solder to be Remembered. This is last of my Father's war stories I am hoping to help him finish it.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Company Roster for C-326 Med Bn. 101st Abn Div Jan. 1968 -- Jerry Rieck, Wed, March 08 2006, 15:32:59 (216.51.175.143)
    3-8-2006

I was a medic with C-326 Med Bn. 101st Aborne Division. I am trying to find a company roster of Charile company 326 Med Bn. So I might be able to try and find some of the other guys from the company. Any help woulod more than be welcomed. Thank you and welcome home brothers and sisters.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Help to ease there pain -- Phil Thibodeaux, Wed, June 21 2006, 0:01:56 (66.139.242.2)
    Hello Vets,

My name is phillip thibodeaux and i would like to do anything i can to help ease the pain of two men that fought in nam. I was best freinds with one of there little brothers who got killed in a boating wreck two weeks before we gratuated from high school in 79. Rixby'S brother came back from nam with lots of medals and scares for life. He is a good freind of mine but lost to this war. His name is (BRIAN BROSSARD) SERGANT of a platoon and
    other vet is (SAM BARRAS) Green beret OF DELCAMBRE LOUISIANA. How could i find some of there buddies who served with them who might could come and talk to them. They have been holding dwn.jobs and surviving but on booze and memories. No wifes and living alone. Do any of you guys vets. that have any sugestions. I have study this war and read many true stories and fully understand what they are going through. I rad book after book. Also my current job carried me all over the world and vietnam was one of them. I work in the oil feild on drilling rigs world wide. Hydraulic eng. And felt the war there. Did not no how to feel there after all the books i read but felt lots of hate sometimes but people are so nice. I lived overseas for seven years and could have got lost there but came back before it was to late. I was a king. What can i do to help them. They still have many pictures that i don't no how they let them bring them home. Horror!!!!

Regards,

Phillip Thibodeaux P.S. Plese help me help them if possible

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Butter Bar -- Steph S., Mon, June 19 2006, 14:22:33 (64.12.117.7)
    Mr. Helle,
    It must have been hard being on alert for every minute of every day, I dont believe anyone i know could have done it. I find it a coincidence that the Lt. did the same routine, but atleast the 2n Lt got something out of it. Thanks

[ Edit | View ]

• The guns are silent, Jonhnny has gone home. -- Stephanie, Mon, June 19 2006, 14:10:52 (64.12.117.7)
    Mr. johnston,
    I can't imagine how it must have felt to put your life inside of a meaningful poem. Also I will never be able to undersyand that fear that you felt as you were, "running so fast", or "ducking so low", but i thank you for being so brave and sharing it with the rest of us.

[ Edit | View ]

• Christmas Star -- Stephanie, Mon, June 19 2006, 14:00:32 (64.12.117.7)
    Mr Poss,
    I find it very great that on chirstmas Eve you soldiers still found a way to celebrate with some sense of home learking over your sky. Thank you

[ Edit | View ]

• Pink Palace -- Stephanie, Mon, June 19 2006, 12:38:54 (64.12.117.7)
    Mr. Tripp,
    I think its great how you found a place in all the comotion of the war, to have some fun, even if it ment drinking your bom-de-bom. however I think that their is a greater point here though and it is that not all veitnamese people were against american soldiers or america in general, and it just happened to be you that proved that.
    Thank you

[ Edit | View ]

• Words Unspoken, Truths Untold -- Jon Jenkerson, Thu, June 15 2006, 19:12:04 (205.188.116.196)
    Wow, It must be hard to have that many family members go to war. Also to deal with the death of one. I have a brother in the Iraq War right now and its hard enough to deal with that. Im always worrying about him being there. You had to worry manny times and deal with a death , I dont know how I would deal if my brother died. But, I just hope and pray for him to come home safe and for all of the other soldiers serving in the war to.

[ Edit | View ]

• F-U Lizards... of Lai Khe -- Jon Jenkerson, Thu, June 15 2006, 19:03:10 (205.188.116.196)
    This story was ineresting when I started reading it. Its cool that you mastered your stealth skills to sneak up on people like that. You should have tried to teach the lizards to say sir at the end, 'cause you deserve the respect for your rank. Thats pretty funny that the lizards say "Phouck You". I would have laughed my ass off if I heard that from a lizard. Thanks for the laugh.

-Jon-

[ Edit | View ]

• VIETNAM -- JOHNNY, Sun, August 14 2005, 19:05:54 (207.144.237.169)
    I WAS IN VIETNAM IN 1969-1970 IN C.A.P. 3-4-4,BUT
    CAN'T FIND ANY THING ON UNIT,CAN ANYONE HELP.

THANK YOU
    JOHNNY HOWARD

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• We Are Just on Loan -- crystallee, Tue, June 13 2006, 11:53:11 (24.62.241.203)
    I'm working on an English project read9ing stories from Vietnam vets, and I found this one, titled "we Are Just On Loan" on this site:

http://www.vietmemories.com/hutch1.htm

I couldn't respond on the site for the story, so I thought I'd give you the link here; if you want to read it, it's a good story.

This experiment would proble freak me out. The fact that someone was there watching me or can hear or see me would be creppy. It is sad because I wouldnt be able to deal with being madly in love with some one and them die at war. The fact that he wouldn`t return would be scary.

[ Edit | View ]

• Body Count -- Nicole Leveque, Mon, June 12 2006, 12:05:27 (24.62.241.203)
    Dear Don Poss,
    I am doing a project for English to research vietnam war stories. Reading this, it was very difficult to hear the number of the body counts, and its even harder to understand that for every number there is a name, and with that name a person, and their family that doesn't have that person in their lives anymore. Thank you.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Dead Beat -- Stephanie, Mon, June 12 2006, 9:00:56 (24.62.241.203)
    Mr. Poss,
    I am doing a project for english on vietnam veteran stories and I feel that your story is very impressive. I cannot believe that someone would except money on behalf of a dead infant, let alone that the infant was probably not even their own. I can't imagine how it must have felt to see that infant, and then the scandel behind it's death. Thank you.

[ Edit | View ]

• A Very Personal Story Of Viet Nam -- Stephanie Mahabir, Mon, June 12 2006, 7:18:24 (24.62.241.203)
    This was such an exciting and interesting story to read. One of MANY I actually enjoyed. It was sad and everything it just made me want to read more. I like how you put a lot of detail into it and used a lot od description. That must have been terrible to not see well because your glasses had fallin and broke. You had broken teeth, and a wound on your shoulder. I can't imagine not eating or drinking for 3 intire days! I would feel the same way as you, I would be exhausted..I'm so glad to know that you are okay, I hope things are going good, you must feel a lot more safe, because of all the pain you had gone through. Well thanks for sharing your story. This article did not have a bulletin so you can find this at www.freepublic.com/forun/a389953617292htm

Sincery,
    Stephanie

[ Edit | View ]

• The Power Of A Ame -- Nicole Leveque, Mon, June 12 2006, 7:13:11 (24.62.241.203)
    When I was in 8th grade I went to Washington D.C. too. We went to see the Vietnam Memorial and on the way there i didn't think anything of it. When we arrived to the memorial I was speachless, There are words to explaine the feeling surrounding that memorial. Your article did the best possible way to explain the feelings around the Veitnam Memorial... Thank you for writing this.

[ Edit | View ]

• Military Writers Society of America -- Courtney, Mon, June 12 2006, 7:11:42 (24.62.241.203)
    While reading this story and talking about how everywhere you go wasnt a safe place. It must feel very overwhelming and you have to feel scared all the time. It must be hard to see people dying right in front of your face, and knowing anytime everyday that your life is at risk. I bet this was a scary and you must have had many memories that you'll always remember. Thanks for sharing your experinces and thoughts. This article didnt have a bullentin so if you would liek to read this article you can find it at www.vietnamexp.com/morestories/out_out.htm
    Sincerly,
    Courtney

[ Edit | View ]

• The Rain -- Jon Jenkerson, Mon, June 12 2006, 7:01:26 (24.62.241.203)
    This story has alot of meaning bacause it must have been scary for you to hunt like that. I don't know if I would be able to kill people like the way you did. But, you had to because it was you or them, kill or be killed. I dont think you should feel regret for the men you killed because you did it in the honor of the hundreds of men that died from your team. You have my respect for being that brave to hunt the enemy soldiers the way you described in your story. And for surviving it.

[ Edit | View ]

• The Leach -- Isaac, Sun, June 11 2006, 19:52:36 (205.188.116.196)
    That must of been a messed up to have enemies firing at you and having a leach crawling up your leg.

[ Edit | View ]

• Squark! -- Brad, Fri, June 09 2006, 8:06:59 (24.62.241.203)
    Hello I just read your story and I thought it was awesome that you risked your life to ambush people that were trying to ambush you and that you came out alright. Thank you for doing what no else has done, to me your a hero.

[ Edit | View ]

• Having A Party! -- Brad Merrill, Fri, June 09 2006, 7:40:34 (24.62.241.203)
    Hello my name is Brad Merrill and I am doing an English prject and I read your story and it is awesome that everytime your company got back to base you would make the arangements for the party. Going over seas must have been horrible, but at least when you got to rest you had a good time. Thank you.

[ Edit | View ]

• Poem "Rainy Days" by Amando Alvarez -- Jillian, Fri, June 09 2006, 7:16:25 (24.62.241.203)
    I just read a touching story on another site but they did not have a guestbook so I decided to come here and recommend it. Its about those rainy days over in Vietnam where he sits and thinks about whats going on around him. Its so sad to think about the aching times where you sit and can do nothing but think about the pain that you are in being away from family and being able to "go" any second. I read these poems and stories about this war in detail and its depressing and upsetting. I never knew how bad this was really was until this project that i'm doing. My dad, who was in this war also, never talks about his journey over seas. So now I know and I commend everyone who helped our country.

[ Edit | View ]

• Like a shadow -- Ben, Fri, June 09 2006, 7:08:34 (24.62.241.203)
    I really enjoyed reading your story. I could only imagine how scary it must have been flying into enemy fire like that. Did you ever think of just not going in to help? Or was that not an option? I also think its amazing how David Berry even survived being shot in the head, but to also get his sight back is an act of god.

[ Edit | View ]

• D-DAY -- Chris French, Fri, June 09 2006, 7:06:11 (24.62.241.203)
    I am sorry for all of the men who stormed the beaches on D-DAY and for all of there friends and fellow troops that they lost on that day and I think that there is no other day in that war that even comes close to what you men have been through.

[ Edit | View ]

• The 1000 Yard Stare -- sarah, Fri, June 09 2006, 7:04:09 (24.62.241.203)
    I read a story at 3rd marines.net but could not respond to the man that wrote it so im posting my comment here in hopes that someone else can find his story and read it. It was very good story. I read about the bravery you need to havce being in combat, and theres a big difference between fighting in combat and being anywhere else. The impact is much different. This man seemed very brave and I enjoyed the story.

-sarah-

[ Edit | View ]

• stupid girls -- Karl, Thu, June 08 2006, 5:04:43 (24.62.241.203)
    Man, them vietnamess women will do what ever takes to get money. that really sucks that they would do something like that to get money. Forget carrying a dead baby around just to get a little bit of money. I dont think i would have given her money anyways even if she had a dead kid.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• My Dead Are Not Silent By Dusty -- travis, Fri, June 09 2006, 7:00:21 (24.62.241.203)
    I am a student of Pembroke Academy and I am doing a projet on vietnam war stories. While searching I found this poem. It was a very good poem. It helped understand how they vetrans might have or still feel after the war. It helps me understand about how they feel about all the people that died and how they delt with it. I thought you might enjoy this poem. Please write back and tell me your opinion.

Thank You,
    Travis Strople

FYI: I found this poem at http://www.illyria.com/dusty/dussilen.html

"My Dead Are Not Silent" ~Dusty

My dead are not silent.
    They scream in my dreams.

My dead are not still.
    They reach for their mothers.

My dead are young soldiers
    spent, wasted, discarded.

They paid the price
    for political ploys
    for strategic follies
    for tactical errors.

The politicians and planners
    the orderers and senders
    discomfited but unshamed
    demand that my dead lie quiet
    that my grief be smothered
    that my ache be shunned
    that my memories be denied.

But my dead will not be stilled
    They will not be shelved
    numbered
    catalogued
    straightened
    into sanitized rows.
    Their blood yet drips through my soul
    Their moans still echo through my heart.

My dead demand remembrance
    My dead demand honor
    My dead demand that lessons be learned.
    I hear them still
    through my dreams
    through my laughter
    through my prayers

My dead are not silent.

[ Edit | View ]

• welcome home soilder -- Ben, Fri, June 09 2006, 6:51:21 (24.62.241.203)
    I really enjoyed reading this story. My Step Father was also in Vietnam so i have heard many stories similar to what you exprienced. I would be saying the same thing. You go off and put your life on the line,but you cant have a drink? That just doesnt seem right. I know my step father said that happend to him all over the place. Did it happen to you anywhere else or was that the only time?

[ Edit | View ]

• I never felt -- Felicia, Fri, June 09 2006, 6:48:41 (24.62.241.203)
    Thanks for sharing your feelings in a way that was easiest for you. I can't understand how you must of felt. It must of been really hard. What I understand from your poem is that you went into Vietnam not realizing what you would actually have to do becuase you never saw yourself killing innocent people. There were feelings that you never thought you would ever feel before that you feel now becuase it was what you were supposed to do and since you never saw your self in a million years doing any of this, all you feel is guilt. You had to do things you didn't want to do and that would've been really hard for me if I were in your position. It must of been hard to just do what you were told to do, but not only that, stare at the person face to face, and kill someone who is just as innocent as you are. I'm not sure if I would be able to live with myself after becuase I'm the type of person who has to go and vent things out to other people when I'm having problems and to experience what you did, I dont think I would've been able to talk about it. I appreciate your poem as well as you trying to let other people understand how you felt in the best way you could show it.

[ Edit | View ]

• Survival Rounds -- Ben, Fri, June 09 2006, 6:47:34 (24.62.241.203)
    Thats sweet you've handled a lot of guns. Which ones your favorite? That plan sounds like lots of fun too.

[ Edit | View ]

• Vietnam Diarys-http://www.screamingeaglesthroughtime.com/id112.html -- Justin, Fri, June 09 2006, 6:39:53 (24.62.241.203)
    Its pretty cool that i can read all of the logs for maost of the major battles every month. Its wierd how they all are kind of similar.

[ Edit | View ]

• Story found on another website -- Ashley, Fri, June 09 2006, 6:38:35 (24.62.241.203)
    I read a different story on another site. The link to it is: http://home.att.net/~ww2aircraft/Schweinfurt.html <- this is the direct link. I am not able to use e-mail on my schools computer, and I did not find a forum at all on the website. I wanted to say that for this story I found it interesting on how he was talking about the missions, and the fact that there are pictures shown is a neat thing because it shows something that is real instead of leaving it to the imagination. I would also like to know if anyone knows Wally Hoffman, and if he has posted any of his stories on this website.

[ Edit | View ]

• John Wayne -- Tony, Fri, June 09 2006, 5:08:53 (24.62.241.203)
    hahah what a coincidince i mean what are the odds that his name was actually john wayne?

[ Edit | View ]

• Thanksgiving -- Tony, Fri, June 09 2006, 5:03:15 (24.62.241.203)
    Thats pretty awesome that someone was kind enough to bring you food on thanksgiving, that must have meant so much.

[ Edit | View ]

• Binh Thuy -- zack, Fri, June 09 2006, 4:59:31 (24.62.241.203)
    I can relate to because my parents are the same way I go some where and they have to ask me all kinds of questions because of some of the freinds I hang out with and the automatically jump to conclusion that I was doing something wrong.

[ Edit | View ]

• Brother Brother -- Tony, Fri, June 09 2006, 4:55:19 (24.62.241.203)
    IT wasnt you rfault your brother died but im really glad to hear you got to see him before he died.

[ Edit | View ]

• Vietnam Veterans -- Joe, Tue, January 10 2006, 21:37:37 (68.250.49.67)
    I was reading some research today done by the VVA. It had to do with the remaining Vietnam Veterans. In 1995 there were 1,713,823 Vietnam Veterans still alive,As of the year 2000 (census) there were slightly over 1,000,000 Vietnam Veterans alive a loss of about 700,000. It is now 2006 ,I would imagine the loss is about the same in six years as the prior five (1995-2000) years. Assuming the Census information is correct and my estimate is close we have about 300,000 Vietnam Vets alive today.
    I have looked for people in my unit in Vietnam online for about five years and never found a single reference by them or my unit/timeframe.
    Pat Camunes from this site was in my Brigade (196th)but a different battalion at a different time. I think the people I can identify are an exception ,but otherwise their online posting rate identifing my unit/year is about 1%(me alone). Applied to the 300,000 Vietnam Vets remaining I would expect about
    3,000 vets to have identified themselves online by unit.../year.
    Incidently according to the last census approximately 13,000,000
    people claim to have served in Vietnam that didn't .
    Interesting numbers.If that's true (census)and my estimate, one in about 43 people claiming to be a Vietnam Vets are actually Vietnam Vets.
    I would like to see the actuarials for why these men died. To serve in the military in the first place excludes the majority of men for health reasons.You have to be a good physical specimen and the average age was about 21.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Welcome Home Soilder -- Tony, Fri, June 09 2006, 4:45:38 (24.62.241.203)
    the fact that after all you did for your country you couldnt even get a beer right after you got back is pretty damn retarded. The guy at the end who gave you the beer is a great man i think.

[ Edit | View ]

• Rain -- Kaila, Thu, June 08 2006, 19:34:57 (71.192.109.82)
    I just read a poem called "Rain" by Bill McDonald (http://www.vietnamexp.com/poems/page6.htm#RAIN). The poem is basically Bill talking to the rain telling it to come and make things feel brand new and okay again. As odd as it is, I understand where he's coming from. If I'm ever in a bad mood and it rains, I feel like all my problems wash away and I get a new start. I think the way he worded everything in this poem was described very well and it was easy to understand.

[ Edit | View ]

• Three Sisters -- Kaila, Thu, June 08 2006, 19:14:26 (71.192.109.82)
    I just read the story "Three Sisters" and I think it's incredible that a man who hasn't had medical training could help fix a girls toe when her toenail has been ripped off. I have no idea what I would have done in that situation. It takes a lot of courage and patience to be able to do something like that.

[ Edit | View ]

• The dead man in the O-Club -- Jamie, Thu, June 08 2006, 18:51:57 (71.192.109.190)
    I read a story on www.vietnamexp.com and i guess i would have had to know the guy to not care, the way you described him I wouldn't have liked him either. At least you got a good night sleep.

[ Edit | View ]

• the sissies in blue bird one -- ben, Thu, June 08 2006, 18:23:31 (24.34.66.117)
    http://www.vietvet.org/jhsissie.htm

Even though they had a sissie name they had some pretty heavy artillery. Its a funny and awsome storie.

[ Edit | View ]

• Pocko -- Jamie, Thu, June 08 2006, 18:13:44 (71.192.109.190)
    I find it cool that no matter where you are, even at war, you can still find humor to keep you sane. That dog had it comming to him though, I thought it was pretty funny.

[ Edit | View ]

• Soldiers Role by Curt Bennett -- travis, Thu, June 08 2006, 7:45:45 (24.62.241.203)
    I am a student at Pembroke Academy and I am researching war stories for a project in english.
    i found this at http://www.warpoetry.co.uk/vietnam.htm.

Please read and tell me what you think.

SOLDIER'S ROLE

The sun burns down with scorching breath
    As trudging men seek out their death
    Which lies ahead. In single file
    They hump the jungle, mile on mile
    In halting, cautious tread.
    The fuzz-cheeked leader up ahead
    Guides them on.

The heavy packs]
    Rub and chafe their aching backs
    The wet boots suck from clinging mud
    And rub great blisters full of blood
    On swollen feet. The thrill is gone!
    THERE IS NO GLORY IN A PAWN!

thank you
    -Travis Strople-

[ Edit | View ]

• soldiers eyes -- ben, Thu, June 08 2006, 7:42:02 (24.62.241.203)
    i read a poem on http://www.vietmemories.com/hutch2.htm and it was really good. You could tell the different types of people that were in the war.

[ Edit | View ]

• The Tractor Seat-http://www.vietmemories.com/hutch4.htm -- Justin, Thu, June 08 2006, 7:39:11 (24.62.241.203)
    That really sucks. driving a tractor around the whole tim must have really sucked. You must have been a really easy target.

[ Edit | View ]

• Grandaughter -- Korin, Thu, June 08 2006, 7:29:19 (24.62.241.203)
    This was a great poem and it was very touching. I think it is great that he can let out his feelings to someone, and when he looked at the wall of all "his brothers" it seemed as if he was standing with them while telling his grandaughter all about it. It was good to read.
    Sincerely,
    Korin

[ Edit | View ]

• heaven's Door -- Sarah, Thu, June 08 2006, 7:27:51 (24.62.241.203)
    Your story was great. I would of never known what to do in your situation. I do believe you handled it well. I know you said you think about it all the time, and you could of risked many lives, but you didn't. You saved those mens lives. Those men got the chance to see theirs families and loved ones again. You did that for them. Please feel free to respond on my teachers e-mail.

sincererly,
    Sarah

[ Edit | View ]

• JOCKO -- Chris French, Thu, June 08 2006, 7:26:50 (24.62.241.203)
    This story is funny as hell but so wrong at the same time the poor dog had it comming I guess. But that is so funny

[ Edit | View ]

• blind bat -- justin, Thu, June 08 2006, 7:25:16 (24.62.241.203)
    That is pretty sick that you get to go around and drop stuff like that. It must have been a pretty crazy feeling to see the bullits coming at yu like that.

[ Edit | View ]

• BOOM! Another Landmine -- Brad Merrill, Thu, June 08 2006, 7:23:26 (24.62.241.203)
    I always hate when I buy new clothes and have to get them dirty, although your reason is a lot better than my I still hate it. I always don't like when I'm with people going through the woods with four wheelers and we come up to a big puddle and they have me test it, because 9 out of 10 times I will get stuck. I make wrong decisions on things all the time so i kind of know where you are coming from. Thank you for going to war for our country!

[ Edit | View ]

• Dog Soldiers by Paul Cameron -- travis, Thu, June 08 2006, 7:20:21 (24.62.241.203)
    Before reading Dog Soldiers I had no idea that dogs were even used in the war. I have a dog my self which i love very much. I couldn't to see any thing happen to my dog.
    So thank you for writing this poem. I liked it a lot.

-Travis Strople-

[ Edit | View ]

• Poem -- Steph Mahabir, Thu, June 08 2006, 7:16:47 (24.62.241.203)
    This poem is saying that pets are like humans. The dogs in war were right by their soilders sides to protect them. This is like a guard dog watching over your house, He is there to protect you and do what's right.

[ Edit | View ]

• Girl -- Korin, Thu, June 08 2006, 7:16:46 (24.62.241.203)
    This poem was upseting to read. Even though I cant say ive ever experienced that it sounds like it would be a horrible possition to be in. It's good that you respected your request, but it sucks that it had to be that 15 year old girl.

[ Edit | View ]

• Die Hard -- Ben, Thu, June 08 2006, 7:06:11 (24.62.241.203)
    Thats pretty sweet that you beat that guy up and the cops didn't do anything because you're a Vietnam vet. It's awsome that you can still kick some ass.

[ Edit | View ]

• Missing -- Korin, Thu, June 08 2006, 7:05:09 (24.62.241.203)
    Even though this has really nothing to do with war, it reminded me of how my cousin has been missing for a long time and I can kind of relate to when your friends had gone missing and never found. I find this an upseting piece because me and my cousin were really close and when she went missing it was a tragedy, and no one knows what to do or even where to look for her. I guess all i can say is I understand how it feels to have someone go missing and this was a good story...Thank You!
    Sincerely,
    Korin

[ Edit | View ]

• Jack Understood -- Sarah, Thu, June 08 2006, 7:03:53 (24.62.241.203)
    Your story was very good, but i wanted to know more about jack. How did you meet him? Was he in the war also? and if not how could he possibly understand what you were going through? I was very happy to read though that you found comfort through your "brothers". If you want to respond, feel free to do so at my teahcers e-mail address. Thank you for what you did for our country.

Sincerely,
    sarah

[ Edit | View ]

• Die Hard -- Chris French, Thu, June 08 2006, 7:02:36 (24.62.241.203)
    I thought it was really cool that you can still kick some ass after all these years and i think its sweet that your Vietnam vet and served the country and i still think its cool that you kicked that guys ass and the cops didn't do anything.

[ Edit | View ]

• Heavy Heart -- Jillian McDonnell, Thu, June 08 2006, 6:52:01 (24.62.241.203)
    I read your story fully. I felt the pain because when I went to the Vietnam Memorial with my dad who is also a veteran of this war, I could tell in his eyes that it hurt to be there. It made me so sad to watch all the people around me cry, sob, mourn. I can only imagine how hard it would be to be a veteran and seeing all of the people who died in that war right in front of you. I couldn't believe how hard it must be to try to find a few specific people.

[ Edit | View ]

• Charlie -- Tony, Thu, June 08 2006, 5:47:26 (24.62.241.203)
    That must have sucked when you found out what you had hit but just think if charlie hadnt have gotten her first you'd probably be dead and he wouldnt have been able to go to see his sister again, so basicly he should not feel so bad about it learn from it but dont hate yourself for it its not like you dd it in cold blood.

[ Edit | View ]

• Old Fears -- Isaac, Thu, June 08 2006, 5:35:47 (24.62.241.203)
    Man too see someone with a fear in there eyes like that nurse must make you realize that not only men came back with bad memories. It must be hard for that nurse to see that helicopter everyday and bring back flashbacks of vietnam.

[ Edit | View ]

• Welcome Home -- Heather Gagnon, Thu, June 08 2006, 5:18:53 (24.62.241.203)
    I liked your story more then a lot of other stories becuase unlike some of them you survived. You made it home safe and got to have your first beer back in the real world after the bartender pulling your leg. I hope your beer was nice and refreshing and thanks for all you did for the country.

Heather Gagnon

[ Edit | View ]

• It Tastes Like Soap! -- Colin, Thu, June 08 2006, 5:15:59 (24.62.241.203)
    I am a student at Pembroke academy and I am doing a project for my english class. That is a funny story. I think the Special Forces got what they deserved for trying to take your water. Its gross that they drank that but very funny. -Colin

[ Edit | View ]

• Camouflage Billy R. Whisenant -- Beckie, Thu, June 08 2006, 5:14:09 (24.62.241.203)
    I think this is a great story. I could never even begin to imagine what war could be like. The lose of friends and family, all the hardships that everyone who goes to war must go through. I like this story because it shows that humor was still in the heart of people. It proves that even though you could be fired upon at any moment, that there was some good times where people could actually laugh at and remember as a good time. I believe that is important when you or your friends might not make it to the next day.

[ Edit | View ]

• Mike's war is over. -- Lance Badger, Tue, April 04 2006, 16:59:58 (68.118.49.57)
    I was a QM3 on the USS Ranger, CVA61 from 1964-1967, two tours on Yankee station in the South China Sea. We launched air support for all you guys fighting on the ground.
    I stayed on the water after my discharge and was a commercial fisherman and had a charter boat on the coast in Southern Oregon for many years, but this post is not about me.
    In the course of taking folks salmon fishing, I met another vet named Michael Parsons. Whenever he was in town, he would go fishing with me on my boat. We became friends. He was a short guy with a big heart.
    I don't know what outfit he was with, but I do know he was a door gunner on a Huey, and I know from our conversations over the years that he had alot of leftover demons from the war.
    One night in the late 90's, I got a phone call from his wife. Mike had put his .45 in his mouth and ended his personal war.
    Mike never took advantage of the services available to him through the VA. He lugged that load by himself, with the help of alcohol ever since he came home. The few stories he shared with me told me he needed help with that load, but he wasn't willing to get it, so one night the load got too heavy and he ate his gun.
    I've been coming to this site for a while now and finally decided to write this.
    If any one knew Mike, please leave me a message and let me know.
    Thanks.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• My enemy -- crystallee, Thu, June 08 2006, 5:10:47 (24.62.241.203)
    Wow! It is impressing that you began so young. At 15 I was just waiting to get my license.It was nice reading your story because i usually read war stories about men and not many about women.I cant relate to what your saying but in a way i understand.It is horrible when you have to go through something like that but you think of others like saving your country and sometimes its worth it. My great grandfather was in the vietnam and I wish he were alive for him to tell me about it. My grandfather who sied last year was in the Korean War and I never got a chance to talk to him about it so it would be nice to talk to someone about it.

[ Edit | View ]

• Thanksgiving... by Patrick Camunes -- Andrew, Thu, June 08 2006, 4:57:03 (24.62.241.203)
    I am a student at Pembroke Academy. I couldn't even begin to imagine to know what you went through. You had to go through those extreme temperatures and while you were carrying a whole bunch of stuff. You also had to fight. The Thanksgiving dinner must have been a blessing to you at that moment and had given you hope. I hope I never fight in a war like the Vietnam war but if I ever get drafted, EVER, get drafted I hope there would be people like the ones that delivered that Thanksgiving dinner to bring us that good food.

[ Edit | View ]

• Three Sisters (english project) -- Ashley Rock, Tue, June 06 2006, 18:58:50 (65.175.203.27)
    When I was reading this story. It showed me a different aspect on things. Everyone seemed to make all the Vietnamese people seem like they were bad, and not a good thing at all. I liked seeing that someone had a positive experience while they were at Vietnam, and they were able to share it with everyone.

[ Edit | View ]

• Im doing a project in english and i was wondering if you could help me? -- Chris French, Mon, June 05 2006, 14:36:34 (66.30.100.206)
    I am working on an English project and I was wondering what it was like for your to see The Wall and what was going through your mind when you were read all the name's of the men who had died in Vietnam. What kind of emotions did you feel when you were reading the names? How did you feel when you read a name that you knew?

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• I NEVER FELT -- Chris French, Mon, June 05 2006, 15:08:41 (66.30.100.206)
    I am working on a english project and i was wondering if you could help me? I was wondering how you were feeling when you wrote this poem and how you felt when you were over there fighting?

[ Edit | View ]

• donut dollie diary -- shaina, Mon, June 05 2006, 5:39:44 (24.62.241.203)
    this was a very sad story it was about a girl named susan who was a vietnam veteran.She was as a Donut Dollie, she found it very hard to get on with her life after the war. Susan had provided recreational services for the troops at war. I think that it must have been awesome to have someone there to help you out in a time like that, and i cant even imagine how it would be, to be in war for so long and then just be back home? i wouldnt know how to just go on with my life like that.

[ Edit | View ]

• Seeing Willy's Kid! -- Emily B, Mon, June 05 2006, 5:38:01 (24.62.241.203)
    I read your story today in school, we are doing a class project on Vietnam stories. Your story touched me in a few ways, you were an unbeliveable friend, someone with love and feelings for friends and family. It must have ment a lot to Willy's son to be able to meet the man that stood next to his father as you both fought for our country, and you must have felt good inside to be able to see that smile on Bubby's face as he saw you in the croud, and Bubby probably not ever seeing you in person just the words that his father spoke of you then seeing you in person must have been a wonder experiance. This kind of reminds me of a time when my best friend moved away and we had promised to still talk every day and months went by then about two years later i finally heard from her and it was such a good feeling to know that she was alright and know that it used to be her that would always stand by my side. But i just wanted to tell you thank you for being such a strong and brave friend.

[ Edit | View ]

• Re: Old Friend from Cannon AFB and Danang -- Terry Thompson, Fri, June 02 2006, 19:04:01 (68.53.143.115)
    I just ran accross your thread. I was at Cannon AFB in the air police squadron in 1964 when we went to Nam just after the Bay of Tonkin insident. We were TDY with some F-100's We later went to Thailand. I have lost my Cannon year book and would like to see the Air Police section. Please e-mail me and we can get in touch.
    sschevyii@keitht.com

[ Edit | View ]

• Thank You ! -- Sharon Gimbel, Fri, June 02 2006, 13:09:30 (205.206.53.249)
    To all Vietnam Vets.,

Thank you for serving our country in spite of all the hell the Vietnam War put you through. I lost family over there and when they came home. Two of my cousins just dropped out of sight. They couldn't cope with "The World".

Thank you for caring enough to not let go of any one of our guys. I'm still hoping and praying that our MIAs/POWs will be brought home.

You will always remain my heros.

God Bless You All,
    Sharon Gimbel

[ Edit | View ]

• I am looking for my biological father -- Josephus Wyne S. Hicks, Thu, May 25 2006, 0:15:35 (203.177.165.81)
    Hello to the Author,

Goodday to you!!!. My name is Josephus Wyne S. Hicks, I am currently live in Cebu City, Philippines. Just like many others, I am looking for my biological father, here are the few information about my father:

Name: Gary Lynn Hicks
    Date of Birth: August 16, 1943
    Place of Birth: Kansas, Missouri
    Unit: 772nd Red Fox Squadron
    Last Assignment known: Mactan Airbase in Lapu-lapu City
    way back 1966 or 1967

these are the few information about my biological father, I know this isn't a war stories, but may be u could help me find him. I have already wrote a letter to the US Military but they could not release the information about him, i don't know why.. the only thing is that I wanted to see my father, i don't ask any money from Gary Lynn Hicks, all i want is to see him and talk to him that is all. i haven't seen him from the time i was born until the present. all i want is his address or even a phone number then i will do the rest. thank u for taking time to read my letter, hope u could help me sir..thank u and thank u again...waiting for your reply...

josephus wyne s. hicks

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Golf 2/26 Marines April 6, 1968 Hill 700 -- Julie, Wed, May 31 2006, 7:04:21 (63.134.175.95)
    I am trying to locate anyone that was on Hill 700 on April 6, 1968. Attached to Golf 2/26 or otherwise involved on Hill 700.

I'm searching for information for my father James or Jim Alexander. Daddy is alive but we'd really like to find the medic he holed with and the Gunny that pulled him out. I have the rosters from Feb, April and May. I need to get H&S co. rosters for the same time and the medic rosters, not really sure where to find those... if someone could tell me what their co. would be call that they were attached to G/2/26 I'd be very greatful.

Julie

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Children of Vietnam Veterans -- Nicole, Thu, March 23 2006, 17:23:15 (72.226.208.247)
    Children of Vietnam Veterans...
    I am looking for children of Vietnam Veterans (either living or deceased) who would like to share their stories of what it was like to grow up with (or without) their Vietnam Vet parent. My goal is to compile enough stories to have them all pubilshed in a book. If you are interested, please email me and I'd be happy to talk to you more. Thanks!!

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Looking for my friend -- Martha Dunham, Tue, May 30 2006, 4:56:49 (70.176.255.89)
    My name is Martha Dunham I live in Arizona. Back in 1969 I had a class-mate in the third grade his name was Roger Gene Stevens. His Dad's name was Al Stevens and he was transfered to San Deigo and on to the war. I lost contact with Roger and I miss him even after all these years. Can someone help me find him?
    Thank you.

[ Edit | View ]

• Looking for information on Army Medic -- Lonnie C. O'Shields, USAF (Retired), Sun, May 28 2006, 13:54:19 (207.200.116.196)
    I am in search of an Black Army Medic that I met when I first got to incountry processing in Saigon, Vietnam. I was there in August 1967 to August 1968. This medic and I met again at Tansonnhut (spelling) and left Vietnam on the same flight. We saw each other and we gave each other a hug that we had both survived so far. I now know that I left part of me in Vietnam (my sanity) because I have been diagnosed as having PTSD. I would appreciate it if anyone knew him (I only wish I had remembered his name). Thanks,
    Lonnie C. O'Shields

[ Edit | View ]

• looking for an G johnson 120th tc,binh Thuy Ab -- brian h, Thu, May 18 2006, 12:30:09 (81.236.138.107)
    Im looking for an private G Ohnson,served in 120th TC,in binh Thuy Ab,and Can Tho from 69-april 72,where he left by helicopter,he worked as a truckdriver,he was caucasian,and had a blackwidower spider tattoo on his shoulder.
    He has an Amerasian child in Vietnam,please contact :brihj@hotmail.com

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• darwin bruce ridenhour -- kendall a. ridenhour pearsall, Wed, May 24 2006, 18:37:06 (64.136.49.227)
    any info. on my uncle, pictures ect. or any thing that someone knows.he died 4/01/68.god bless and thank u

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Harold C Hedden Jr -- Tamara Hedden, Wed, May 24 2006, 11:02:24 (24.66.33.130)
    I am Harold Hedden's cousin and recently when finding out about my family heard about how he served in the Vietnam war even though he was a Canadian living in the USA because of his father's work. He was drafted and made to go to war, and on his last day of service he stepped on a dirty mine of some sort. When his body was finally returned to my aunt and uncle he was not buried but the American Army in their military cemtary but buried by the Canadian government in ours.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Search for members of the 43rd APU DaNang -- George Holland, Wed, May 24 2006, 8:57:32 (207.200.116.196)
    Looking for members of the 43rd APU stationed in DaNang fron 1970 to 1972. Please contact me by e-mail at gogg21@aol.com.

[ Edit | View ]

• Co C 5th Bn 7th Cav 1st Cav Div (air) -- Renee, Wed, March 01 2006, 14:43:47 (64.79.234.170)
    I would like to find someone that was in Vietnam in 1966 and assigned to Co C 5th Bn 7th Cav 1st Cav Div (air). My cousin was in this unit and was KIA in Nov. 1966. I would like to learn about the combats his unit fought in and anything else that one can provide, ex.: what was it like in this unit and in Vietnam during this time?? and commanding officers,etc and etc.

Name and Rank: PCS Grady Edward McElroy, basic training was at Ft Polk, La. He was then sent to Ft. Gordon, Ga. and then to Vietnam. He was a rifleman.

Thank you for any help.
    Renee

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• I am searching for my grandfather -- Cindy, Sun, May 21 2006, 17:53:02 (152.163.100.131)
    Dear Reader,
    My name is Cindy Nguyen. My grandfather served in Vietnam from 1966-1973. He was a supervisor of the mess hall at:
    Headquarter 23rd
    13th Artillery Group, 2nd Battalion
    Phu Loi

My grandmother lost contact with him after he returned to the US in 1973. His last name is Schmidth and he was of average height with brown hair and eyes. If you have any information about him or know of anyone in that particular unit please contact me at CindyNY0189@aol.com or 804-484-0731.
    Thank You
    P.S: If you know of any way that I could locate him please drop me a line.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Post a Rose -- Jennifer P. Bailey, Sat, May 20 2006, 20:10:34 (65.64.201.211)
    We were so young. I think I was around 11 years of age when I started to wear Sgt. Rodney Lynn Griffin's P.O.W./M.I.A. bracelet. Though I wrote him often, and never heard anything back, I have never forgotten him. Would you please put a rose by his name. With thanks to Rodney and all who served this wonderful country, Jennifer

P.S. What a wonderful tribute this Website is - thx

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Sammie James Long -- Lan, Sat, May 20 2006, 17:14:44 (202.33.24.132)
    Hello,
    I'm trying to find more information on my Great uncle who died in Vietnam his name is Army SGT Sammie James Long died in Thua Thien province November 29, 1970. I would also like to place a rememorance article beside his name

Thank you,
    Lan

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• We were Soilder's -- Mike, Mon, February 06 2006, 17:17:24 (66.173.6.15)
    I just saw the movie WE WERE SOILDER'S and from what i've read on the internet it portrays pretty much what happened at LZ X-RAY but at the end of the movie all this press showed up and i find that hard to believe that this could happen so soon after the battle. Did this really happen? By the way my boss is a vietvet (MEDIC) and when ever i try and talk to him about the war he clam's up and gets a really sad look on his face. He just say's IT WAS SO STUPID. I joined the Navy in 1976 and served on board the USS ENGLAND CG-22 until 1980. I served with a couple guys who also saw duty in NAM. I spend alot of time on the net reading about the war and maybe it's because i was in the military too but i can't believe the way you guys were treated when you got back. A disgrace. Anyhow thanks for your service and welcome home!! Love your web site DON.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Additions to the Vietnam Wall -- Bruce Swander, Thu, May 18 2006, 11:02:56 (24.35.38.61)
    All veterans, and families of veterans, need to read this recent front-page article. For 15 years, the various Services have been DENYING names to be added to the Wall due to a misconception on the rules. This travesty has caused additional pain to the families of men who died while serving in Vietnam and died of causes other than combat related causes.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/consumer_news/14466512.htm

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/local/14466596.htm

[ Edit | View ]

• i need to interview someone that fought in vietnam -- travis lawson, Thu, September 22 2005, 12:17:30 (204.234.17.5)
    hi my name is travis and im looking for someone who fought in the vietnam war to interview perferablly someone in the next 5 hours

Name and Rank and Job?

How were you recruited?

Was the war different from what you had expected before you arrived? In what ways?

What was your first impression of Vietnam?

How do you feel about the outcome of the War?

What, if anything, do you feel you gained from your time in Vietnam?

Did you experience any anti-war propaganda?

Was there anything that you enjoyed while you were in Vietnam?

What did you feel was the biggest turning point in the war and why?

How do you feel the United States government handled the war?

What do you think of the Tet offensive of 1978 and what effect do you think this event had on the war?

How do you feel about the war now?

Are you feelings different from when you entered the war and now?

How do you feel about My Lai?

Did you find it a shock to return home and find the anti-war movement was as large and predominant as it was or were you made aware of it whilst in Vietnam?

How do you think the media effected the war?

heres my email adress princeofdarkness_ila@hotmail.com

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Information on my father tour of duty -- Erin Howard, Fri, May 12 2006, 13:11:16 (65.162.26.68)
    My father passed away in August 2005 from ALS. He told us stories about Vietnam and his time there. I am creating a book for my family to keep so that when my daughter (she is 2) is old enough to understand what her pop-pop did I can show her. His name is Melvin W. Murphy (PFC Murphy)and served in Vietnam. I know that he was in Fort Bragg from June 1968 until August 1968. He was then tranfered to Fort Knox August 1968 until October 1968. In October 1968 he was entered into the USARPAC. In November 1968 he was an Armor Intel Spec for Trp. E 1st Cal 11th Inf Bde USARPAC. He was honorable discharged in May 1969. Please if anyone served with him or has any information please contact me

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Rudy Sedillo -- Nancy Sedillo-Minetto, Sat, May 06 2006, 14:46:22 (64.203.132.165)
    My father Rudy Sedillo served in the Navy (unknown locations) during the Vietnam era and then later served in the Army. He was stationed in WA, AZ, Greece, Germany, and also attended school in AL (All in the Army). He passed away in 2001 and I am looking for people that knew him from any of his tours of duty. If anyone could help I would appreciate it. Our family is doing a book on those that have passed. I would love to know all that he did during his service years. Thank you to anyone that can help me.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Information on Paul Rezendes Plymouth Ma -- Wedge Bramhall, Fri, April 28 2006, 14:12:49 (69.173.8.32)
    I was looking for info on how Paul Rezendes of Plymouth died. He was a medic.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• My Uncle Stephen C. Naher -- Steven Naher, Mon, April 24 2006, 21:12:08 (137.52.247.16)
    Hello
    My name is Steven Naher, and I was named after my uncle, I was just wondering if anyone out there knew him or of him, and what exactly did happen to him or knows all the stuff he did while he served, I saw a cross next to his name on your web-page..>what does that mean?

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Effects from materials handled in weapons during Viet Nam War -- sheila myers, Fri, April 21 2006, 12:47:10 (207.96.37.198)
    This may seem like a very odd request, but I would like to know if anyone is aware of any affects, which could effect someone who loaded/handled the weapons/bombs on B52 bombers in the 1960s. My husband was stationed in Shreveprot LA. and was a Weapons Mechanic. He recently passed away from cancer of the lung which metastasized to the brain. Someone within the Veterans Admin. mentioned to me that I should research what he was handling in his job with the Air Force to see if it was service connected. If you have any idea where I could research the actual material handled there and any safty issues known about the material, I would appreciate it.I do not know where to start. Thanks

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Research for Vietnam War novel -- Robert E. Herman, Wed, April 26 2006, 11:38:41 (130.36.62.122)
    I would like to discuss a number of topics with Vietnam War vets. The information is needed for a short story that I have written and hope to expand into a novel.

I decided to write this story after thoughts of a classmate, Don Smirtnik, kept coming to mind. Don was an outstanding football and baseball player from Waukegan, Illinois. He did not survive the war. If anyone knew or served with Don, I would be interested in learning about his experiences with Don and the details surrounding his death. I had heard that he was killed by sniper fire while standing guard duty. I don't know if that has any validity.

I would appreciate anyone willing to discuss their experiences with me. Also, if someone knew Don Smirtnik, I'd like to hear from you.

Thanks-- Bob Herman

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Do you know my Father, Harold Howard Scott? -- Jessica, Mon, April 17 2006, 12:39:49 (71.128.141.66)
    He is from Oregon, he was in the Navy and served three tours of duty in Vietnam on a PBR. I believe the years would be around 1967-1970 and I understand he is well decorated. I do not know much more than that of what my Uncle told me. My Father is still alive but I refuse to ask him specifics about his experiences in Vietnam as I know thinking about it brings him great pain. If you happen to have served with him, and have some things you would like to share about him, I would love to hear it. I have so much appreciation for what he did and his courage and I honor him. And I thank all the past and future soldier who have fought or will fight to keep this great Country free and safe. Thanks you all! Sincerely, Jessica

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Information -- Elena Siggelkow-Woelk, Thu, April 20 2006, 12:16:49 (217.255.231.53)
    Looking for anyone who served with my friend in Vietnam 1968.His name Russell J.Powell.He died in1968. Please contact me with any info.Thank you .

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Loss of a Marine -- Brian Kozak, Mon, December 05 2005, 5:25:58 (69.133.79.61)
    EDWARD J. Kozak, 60, died at 7:10 p.m. December 2, 2005 at his residence.

He was born March 24, 1945 in Brooklyn, New York to Joseph J. Kozak.

Mr. Kozak was journeyman machinist and a Marine. Mr. Kozak served his county in Vietnam. He was very proud to be a Husband and father as well.

Survivors include is wife Margaret, his two brothers Mr. Jack Kozak (Akron) and Mr. Gordon Kozak (Toledo), two sons Joseph J. Kozak II (Michigan), Mr. Brian Kozak (Columbus), three daughters Deborah Kozak and Patricia Kozak (Wellington, FL), Suzanne Lawson (Columbus)and his step children. Nine Grandchildren and step grandchildren. He precedes his first wife, Theresa, in death.

There will be no visitation. The body has been cremated. Arrangements were handled by Adams Funeral Home in Sidney.

Semper Fi

Brian Kozak

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• 79-05 Class Patch, Vance AFB, OK -- Bill, Sun, April 16 2006, 17:03:56 (64.136.26.226)
    I met Capt. Shul when he was invited to visit our UPT (Undergraduate Pilot Training) class at Vance AFB, OK. Our class leaders, Capt. Kennedy and Capt. Cooper, read the poem, "Because I Fly...I envy no man on earth". The class was so impressed with the story of Capt. Shul that we made a class patch. It was round with a silhouette of a T-37 and T-38 flying in formation above cumulus clouds with a sunburst in the background and the phrase, Because I Fly (upper half of circle), I envy no man on earth (lower half of circle). Capt Shul flew his A-10 into Vance and I believe every UPT student and instructor came out to look at this strange aircraft among the 37's and 38's. Capt. Shul was a guest at the gradution of class 79-05. I still have the class patches just to remind me of why we love to fly.

[ Edit | View ]

• Looking for information -- Karl Joseph Preira, Fri, April 07 2006, 2:51:06 (62.253.32.8)
    I am form England. While searching for information on my departed Dad who served 22years in the Bristish Army(jose Jean Preira). I came across the name Dominic J Jr Preira who died in Vietnam. I am curious if anyone could provide any information about this guy.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Did you know my brother, Thomas Pardo? -- Kathleen Pardo Mobarak, Sun, April 02 2006, 8:50:48 (24.180.253.250)
    Thomas Anthony Pardo is my brother, KIA 7/18/70 in Phuoc Long Province, S Vietnam. His unit was C Company, 8th Engineer Bn, 1st CAV Division, rank SP5, grade E5, MOS combat engineer.
    They say he was hit by small arms fire (possibly rocket propelled grenade) while doing a sweep for a convoy. His body was recovered and sent home. I have not been able to get beyond the loss of him even after all these years. I'm not looking for advice to forget him. I need to know more about his last few weeks, days, his death, was he alone, did he suffer. I am a paramedic/firefighter who knows well about loss of life. I know what family wants to know, and I am seeking the same information regarding my brother whom I still love and miss so dearly.
    I would appreciate any info/leads anyone can send me.
    Please also post a memorial rose by his name on the wall. He certainly deserves to be remembered as the hero all these boys are.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• corpsman -- doc liotta, Fri, April 07 2006, 7:55:12 (159.71.254.248)
    I just want to start off saying I love the web sight,f my uncle served somewhere in vietnam dont really know any specifics about is tour except the fact that he was a awarded a silver star, hes never talked about any of it. Im actually writing for two reasons one, i sdid any one know my uncle his name was rony wells from canton ohio if anyone could share a little info i would appreciate it. also im a corpsman in the navy present day i served with 2/1 in fallujah iraq duing the assault in 04 and i wanted to say thank you to all the vietnam veterans for serving and for making me feel welcome when i got back, to quote a veteran "were not gonna let what to us happen to you guys" that really means alot to me and my marines. the reason why im writing is were coming up on some hard anniversary dates here in april im havin a hard time dealing if anyone could just contact me at my email doclio@yahoo.com it would be greatly appreciated. and again thank you for having this site and if anyone has any info on my uncle please contact me. thank you for serving.

god bless

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Search -- Michael, Fri, April 07 2006, 9:23:31 (192.70.218.25)
    I will welcome any suggestions that might put me in touch with the guys who were part of G-65, Quad 50 crews that operated in the Ah Shau, Phu Bai, Hue, Bien Hoa, Dong Ha, Con Thien, DMZ area during 1969 - 1970.

I may be 35 years too late. Thanks.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Looking for information -- Wedge Bramhall, Wed, April 05 2006, 12:42:14 (69.174.198.147)
    I'm looking for info on Robert Hedge from Plymouth Mass. who was killed on Feb 26 1968 in S Vietnam. I lived down the street from him and watched him leave for the war. Thanks

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• What did the duke say to the little boy? -- Swan, Tue, December 20 2005, 1:59:26 (62.189.133.45)
    I watched The Green berets when it first came on the cinema, however i can't seem to find the video anywhere. I have been scratching my brain to remember what the Duke says to the little boy in one of the final scenes as i remember it being a kind of message from LBJ coming from Mr. Wayne's mouth. If anybody could post a reply telling me what was said i would be most abliged. Thank you kindly...Swan

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Da Nang Air base -- Luisa, Fri, March 24 2006, 12:59:09 (64.164.28.5)
    Reflection

Da Nang air base:

Hello my name is Luisa. I am in the 11th grade and I am supposed to write and post a reflection on one of the stories for my American Literature class. The story I read is quite sad. One of the 52,000+ patriotic , American heroes who were killed during the Vietnam war was an air police staff sergeant who died on July 1,1965 at the Da Nang Air Base while protecting others. This is an example of someone who would risk a lot for something that means so much to them. SSgt Jensen was there to protect others. When I read the part about SSgt Jensen running to the rear of his vehicle and crawling under it when a VC came from behind and sprayed him with automatic gun fire I imagined him experiencing a moment of fear and it just took him by surprise kind of so he could’ve been feeling some confusion or just not knowing how to react. I say this because that’s probably how I would have felt at the moment even though you don’t really know what it’s like unless you’re actually experiencing it. Ssgt Jensen, unfortunately did not live through it to tell about his frightening life-experience and how he felt or reacted to this incident. After his death all vehicles with doors had the doors removed and seat belts were installed from side to side to prevent the occupant from falling out of the car. He could’ve lived, if the door of the vehicle SSgt Jensen was driving hadn’t jammed, he might have had time to exit and take over in the culvert next to the sentry post. There were about a dozen VC infiltrators who attacked the base that evening. His death was unfair and could have been prevented somehow. Please reply to my reflection. Thank You.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• VIETNAM VETERANS HOMECOMING JUNE 2006 -- Operation Homecoming Branson, Thu, March 09 2006, 10:18:53 (208.180.96.23)

Please take this time to read the following information about a great cause for our veterans and current active duty soldiers.

Operation Homecoming Branson will be hosting a Vietnam veteran homecoming June 11-18 in Branson, MO. The week of events will include: a traveling wall, memorial service, bass tournament, golf outing, shooting range, parade, blood drive, awards ceremony, powwow, assault demonstrations, a vendor village, and concerts. The proceeds from the two benefit concerts this year at our finale site will be going to the Wounded Warriors Project and Operation Troop Aid charities. Both charities are well known for their assistance to veterans and active duty soldiers alike. Register today. The cutoff date for the commemorative coin is April 1, and the dog tag cutoff date follows shortly thereafter. So register soon to get the coin, dog tags and your top choice in lodging. Go to www.welcomehome2006.org to find information about the event and an online registration form. You can also register over the phone by calling 1-800-335-4587.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Looking for someone who was in Delta Project with my dad. -- Boyd Sprouse, Thu, March 30 2006, 15:09:05 (4.153.87.177)
    I need to talk to someone who was in Project Delta with my dad. My dad was Roy "squirrel" Sprouse. He was a recon man in Project Delta in 69 & 70. He ran the last mission before the Project shut down. Email me or call me at 910-245-2341 home or 910-308-2100 cell. Thanks

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Did any one know Jimmy Williams -- Kathy Hadley, Fri, March 24 2006, 13:57:19 (64.115.199.57)
    Looking for any one who may have know Jimmy Williams read my story below.

Mr. Northridge,
    Below is your post that I read on the War Stories Bulletin Board. (SEE my request below)
    Date Posted: Sun, August 21 2005, 9:33:52
    Author: Jeff Northridge
    Subject: Re: Need Info Opr of 506 of 101st on Hamburger Hill
    In reply to: Tom Lunsford 's message, "Need Info Opr of 506 of 101st on Hamburger Hill" on Sat, August 20 2005, 20:23:22
    Howdy Tom;
    SP4 Gregory Douglas Cornett's Army serial number is US 53758110 (which means that he was drafted) and his MOS was 11B20 (light weapons infantryman). He was born on 3/7/49. His tour of duty in Vietnam commenced on 9/5/68 and he was assigned to "A" Co., 1st Bn., 506th Inf. Rgt., 101st Airborne Div. He was KIA on 5/18/69 in Thua Thien Province due to "Hostile, Ground Casualty, Multiple Framentation Wounds". His home town of record was Putney, KY, his religion was Methodist, and he was single.

How were you able to obtain this information? Is it possible for you to help me as well to find some info on a dear friend of mine who served in Thailand and VietNam. I have listed his infor below.
    Sgt. Jimmy F. Williams
    Nov 67 to July 68
    AF11642275
    862 Security Police Squadron CMR 8016
    Minot AFB North Dakota
    April 69 or sooner to around May 70
    AF11642275 Box 142
    Det. 8, 621 Tactical Recon Squadron
    APO San Francisco CA 96366
    Some time after May 70 to Aug 70???
    FR 071-42-1020 Box 142
    Det #8 621st TRS
    APO San Francisco CA 96366
    Jim joined the Air Force some time in the summer of 67. From his addresses you can see he was in North Dakota and then went overseas. First to Thailand some place called Phitsanulok around April of 69 or sooner. July of 70 went to Binh Thuy, Viet Nam
    Trained the Thai army with the Air Commandos and fought in Nam. Was a Sargent in May of 1969. Don't know what rank he did finally reach. Stayed in the Air Force for 20 years.
    My friend passed away this past September and he was trying to tell me what happened to him over there that destroyed our friendship and caused us to loose contact with each other for over 35 years. I was engaged to him at the time that _____ war destroyed that love. I am seeking info on what he did over there, what conflicts he was involved in and how he was wounded and when and where he was stationed when he returned to the states.. Is it possible for you to help me find these needed answers. I am seeking closure of some very open wounds and would be very thankful for your help. We had only been back in touch with each other for a short 5 months before he passed away.

God Bless you.

Kathy Hadley

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• TRIBUTE TO OUR US VIETNAM VET MATES -- Bob Elworthy, Tue, March 28 2006, 2:55:23 (155.143.200.252)
    Sir, Thank you for a wonderful website. I am writing on behalf of my Vietnam Veteran Branch in Diamond Valley, Victoria, Australia.
    We are planning a visit to USA in May-June next year. After some time in NY to visit ground zero and pay our respects there, we will be in Washington DC to pay tribute to our US Vietnam Veteran mates. We would like very much the opportunity to visit the Wall as a group and place a wreath in remembrance of our fallen US mates and those POW/MIA.

Sir, are you able to guide me through what protocols I will need to follow if any to achieve our desire to honor your servicemen and women? Also, we would be very keen to make contact with any Washington based Vietnam Veteran Group. My brother in law served with 173rd Airborne when our first Infantry Bn was deployed to SVN in 1965.

Respectfully yours. Bob Elworthy, Aust Forces SVN 1970

[ Edit | View ]

• Lucky Lucky -- Luisa, Mon, March 27 2006, 22:14:03 (71.132.236.18)
    Wow this is an amazing story. It really makes me reflect on the aspect of choice. Its interesting how Patrick lives by the code don’t make your men do anything you wouldn’t do. This is interesting because of the choice he had to make when bringing down ammo. This was certainly not a job his men would do, but he did not knowing there where snipers ready to fire shots at him.
    Patrick seemed to have great bravery at that time because a choice like that is not an easy one knowing that your life is at steak. The fact that he followed the code of not ordering someone to do something that you wouldn’t do says a lot. He followed the rules. He made an extremely important decision which involved risking his own life. Not many would have made that same choice he made. So that seems very brave of him. So I guess they want to teach you about gaining respect from others, but at the same time don't get stupid. I mean it's honorable that the guy wanted to gain the respect of his squad. Unfortunately the loud blades and the smoke put him in a bad position. Be aware of what's going on around you.

[ Edit | View ]

• At Last A Good Flashback -- Luisa, Sun, March 26 2006, 20:48:12 (71.132.225.39)
    At Last A Good Flashback:

What happens in this story is that the troop had to go around the paddy and instead and instead they cut right across it. Once on their way across the paddy one of the tanks that the sergeant was in control of got stuck in the mud and they couldn’t pull it out. As the time passed by it got dark and they were ordered to dismount and set up in night positions in that awful place. There were mosquitoes, frogs, and all sorts of creatures in there. Early the next morning they had a workout by getting that tank out of the mad. I think that this wasn’t the best choice they could’ve made. I mean, they got orders to go around the paddy and to get there faster they decided to go through it which took much more time. I can relate to this because I remember when I copied a quiz because I was to lazy to actually do all the problems and solve everything and the answers were all right next to me because there sat a student who was done with everything and was pretty smart so to be done with faster I copied most of the answers and the teacher noticed and I had to re-do everything.

..Well i posted another reflection on another site and i didn't get any replys or anything and im hoping i receive something here.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Frederick P. Ziegenfelder -- David Ziegenfelder, Mon, January 23 2006, 13:06:11 (65.9.77.248)
    i would like to connect with anyone who served with my brother Frederick(Fred)P.Ziegenfelder SSgt company A 2nd Battalion (Airmobile) 501st Infantry 2 nd Brigade 101st Airborne Division KIA May 6 1970 Fire Support Base Henderson.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• rose request -- russell harden, Fri, March 24 2006, 13:36:36 (12.210.33.206)
    I would like to request a rose be put beside my cousins name whom we put to rest 5 months before my deployment to SVN
    Thank you so much for remembering....Rusty

[ Edit | View ]

• War-Stories:Two-Helicopter -- Tony, Mon, March 20 2006, 19:19:40 (207.200.116.196)
    Im sorry if my response is long but i am a 16 year old who is doing research on the vietanam war for my american literature class.
    Wow this is a great story. This story really makes me reflect on the subject of life. As I read the story I became more and more hooked on it because it felt as if I was in the same situation. Altough I cant really picture myself in an army suit the sounds come to my mind in such a real manner. Everytime I read this story it makes me think of how valuable life is altough we never know when our death will come. Wow! to think that all of a sudden you have machine guns shooting at you for fifteen minutes straight seems frightning.

What I most like about this particular story is the judgments taken by fellow soldiers in the line of battle. To think that not all soldiers could be able to leave on a chopper at once seems life threatning under those conditions in which Jim Croeger was in. It seems to me as if he is one of those very special people who would save many other peoples life before he saved his. I really liked how Jim started talking about him firing back as the shots where hitting the chopper. What is also interesting is the feeling he had when the choppers didnt want to fly off because of all the weight. It seems to me that this is a gut feeling. This feeling is the anxious feeling which makes you just want to be out of a certain spot in a quickness. Thank you For reading my reflection

[ Edit | View ]

• As far as i can see By: Bill Kernoczy and terry nolan -- Cody lewis, Wed, June 15 2005, 11:24:41 (65.175.202.47)
    I am a student at Pembroke academy and i am doing a project for my english/history class. When i read the poem i was thinking how true it really was about how many people dedicate there live to save others and how it must be so hard to see them go to fight for something they think is right. So if you could write back, maybe i could get your opinion on things, thanks for your time.- cody

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Re: Oops! -- CW5 Burn, Sat, March 11 2006, 19:50:59 (207.224.208.15)
    Looking for narrative for my Father's WWII-Guadalcanal DSC w/25th Infantry Division's 27th Regiment's 12-14 Jan 1943 Galloping Horse Ridge Battle. Do you happen to know a site where narrative might be listed?

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• KLIK Radio picture -- Steve Schwaer, Fri, March 10 2006, 19:18:22 (24.127.111.7)
    In the article by Forrest Brandt regarding identification of people in this picture. I know all but one. Please contact me.

Steve

[ Edit | View ]

• Looking for man with nickname "Woody" -- Lionette Flewwellin, Tue, March 07 2006, 5:44:38 (65.184.178.192)
    My husband served on board the USS FORT SNELLING LSD30. I am looking for Woody, who worked in persoanl,I do not know his full name. My husband Paul Flewwellin was on that ship from 1965-1969. I want to know if men from the ship were sent to vietnam. I have been told they did, and is there a record of those mens names. My husband died from lung cancer from agent orange exposure. Does anyone else know the anwer and if you do please contact me. thanks a bunch Lionette Flewwellin

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Looking for Vietnam Vet who served in Vietnam with my husband -- Lionette Flewwellin, Tue, March 07 2006, 5:36:01 (65.184.178.192)
    I am looking for a Navy Vietnam Veteran who served with my husband, Paul Flewwellin in Vietnam. He was both on the land and he was also on a river patrol swift boat behind the 50 caliber machine gun. I need to find just one person that knew him. If so please tell me right away. I have been in a battle for 3 years with the V A who denies he was in Vietnam. He died from lung cancer. HE WAS IN VIETNAM !!
    Thank you much Lionette Flewwellin

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• War Stories, New Look -- Don Poss, Mon, March 06 2006, 20:40:28 (68.235.196.147)
    Gents: Check out the homepage at http://www.war-stories.com for the new War Stories look. My brother Larry, put in a lot of hours working on it. More to come! I retire in October, and will begin posting about 80 NEW STORIES with photos!

Welcome Home to War Stories!

Don Poss,
    War Stories Webmaster

[ Edit | View ]

• URGENT! Interview for English Honors 10. -- Jean P., Mon, March 06 2006, 19:47:34 (71.37.232.109)
    I'm not sure if this is quite the right place to post this, but I am on assignment from my Honors English 10 teacher to conduct an interview with a veteran of the Vietnam War/Conflict. We are currently reading the book 'The things they carried' (Tim O'Brien) and this interview is part of the course work for this unit.

I am searching for a veteran of the Vietnam War/Conflict that is comfortable with answering a list of 10 questions that I've compiled for the interview. I understand that this is a difficult subject for many to talk about, so if you do not wish to answer a particular question in the list, please omit it and answer anything you feel comfortable with.

I have the utmost respect for the sensitive nature of the subject and mean absolutely no disrespect in any of the questions whatsoever. I would GREATLY appreciate any answers to the questions.

I will post the questions here, if you feel comfortable posting answers here please do so (I will check this board everyday until Thursday, March 9th, 2006) or feel free to email me your responses at this address: silverchopsticks@tokyo.com. Again, a big thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to help me with this assignment.

DUE DATE OF ASSIGNMENT: THURSDAY, MARCH 9th, 2006 -- If anyone would like to answer, I would much appreciate if responses could be sent in by Wednesday (March 8th) night -- I'll check the board and my email on Thursday morning as well.

NOTE: These questions/answers will not be used in any paper, article or anything of the sort. They will be printed in question & answer format and turned in during my English class and perhaps read out loud for purpose of class discussion, but I would like to underscore that there will be no specialized editing of responses. Everything will be turned in 'as is'

Here are the questions I came up with:
    1. What were your reactions/thoughts/feelings when you first became aware of the rise/beginning of the Vietnam Conflict/War?
    2. What was your stance on the Vietnam Conflict/War at the very beginning, before your service? Why did you choose this position? If applicable, how did your stance change after you came back to America? Why?
    3. Before leaving/arriving for Vietnam, what were some things you expected to see/hear/experience?
    4. What were some highlighted experiences in relations between yourself and fellow servicemen with which you spent your time in Vietnam?
    5. While in Vietnam, were you ever involved in any “live combat”? If so, do you recall any outstanding moments/feelings during that time [that could give outsiders a glimpse into the reality of war/human reaction in war]?
    6. Did you have any direct contact with non-enemy Vietnamese during your service in Vietnam? If so, what were some experiences with the people [that would allow an outsider a glimpse of what the Vietnamese were like]?
    7. Upon arrival in America, after the end of your service in Vietnam, how were you personally received by most people around you? Do you recall any feelings/experiences about how other returning American soldiers were received?
    8. What were some major changes in yourself as in individual after your service in Vietnam?
    9. If you had the chance of knowing everything you (personally) know today (ex. war experiences), how would your actions/feelings/expectations been different if you had to go through your service in Vietnam again?
    10. How have your experiences in Vietnam effected your world views and views of the government [bringing them to what they are today]?

[ Edit | View ]

• AMERICAN FLAG RETIREMENT -- Charlie Taliaferro, Mon, March 06 2006, 6:03:42 (66.52.72.225)
    Don't throw that American flag into the trash!

Do you have a old and frazzled flag that's laying around your office or home and you just don't know what to do with it? Then send it to us! We will properly dispose of it according to federal laws.

Who are we? Visit our website at http://www.kitchentablegang.org for details about us and what we are doing to help veterans and our soldiers overseas, and giving proper respect for ol'glory.

The Kitchen Table Gang Trust will retire your tattered, worn out and frayed American flags with honor! Anything else is desecration!

Just send your flags to the non-profit Kitchen Table Gang Trust, 42922 Avenue 12, Madera, CA 93638-8866 and we will dispose of your flags in a proper and dignified manner with full honors and dignity pursuant to the United States Flag Code Section 8K (PL93-344). The Kitchen Table Gang (formed 15 years ago) is a "rag-tag" bunch of patriotic military types helping hospitalized veterans and soldiers overseas.

Our flag retirement ceremonies are held on Flag Day, June 14th each year and are conducted by GySgt Dan Kelley USMC and an all volunteer military honor guard with Boy Scouts assisting. The Kitchen Table Gang Trust also has a nationally recognized educational program for our young people and students, teaching them the history, traditions and respect for our national emblem.

When you send us a flag, we'd sure appreciate it if you would enclose a tax deductible donation for this service which allows us to continue and expand our many programs. We do good things with your contributions.

We are located at the junction of Highway 41 and Avenue 12 just down from the world famous red, white, and blue barn on the way to Yosemite National Park.

Send us your flags!

Charles Taliaferro
    ctaliaferro@kitchentablegang.org

[ Edit | View ]

• Lance Corporal Charles W. Bricker -- Linda Sample, Sat, March 04 2006, 12:56:02 (207.118.85.207)
    I am looking for anyone that served with my precious brother in the year of 66-67. He was killed in action in
    Viet Naam May 2nd, 1967 in Thau Thien Province. He was a Marine and a first machine gunner. I long to talk to someone who was with him that terrible day he stepped on a booby trap grenade while setting up perimeter of camp. Please write to me at carlin57@excite.com and Have his name in the Subject.

Forever Greatful,
    Linda Bricker Sample

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• movies of VietNam -- Lisa Elliott, Mon, June 20 2005, 19:49:15 (24.21.73.178)
    I'm writing my last paper for an English Degree from Western Washington University. The topic is film texts of VietNam and I am trying posit a thesis about them from a Veterans point of view, yet I am having difficulty finding Vets who are willing to participate. If you are willing, and would like to e-mail me, please do so at iniripple@yahoo.com.
    Films I viewed: The Green Berets, Apocalypse Now!, Jacob’s Ladder, Hamburger Hill, We Were Soldiers, The Deer Hunter, Hanoi Hilton, Full Metal Jacket, Heaven and Earth, Born on the 4th of July, Platoon, and Last Year in Viet Nam, (the last four directed by Oliver Stone, a Vet himself).
    So I have many questions but appreciate as much or as little information anyone is willing to impart to me. Thank you for your time.
    Sincerely,
    Lisa Elliott

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• rose -- Constance Beauchamp, Thu, March 02 2006, 21:02:12 (68.111.115.240)
    I would like information for requesting a rose for Arthur James Artkop. I knew him while he was at Fort Knox, getting ready to go to war. He was a very nice boy. I was thinking about my youth today and remembered his name. I typed it into a search engine and found out that he's been gone since 1969. That's so sad, as are all the names of the heros on the wall. Thank you so very much for the site.

[ Edit | View ]

• INFO ON GRANDFATHER MILITARY RECORDS -- ANDREW DE LA GARZA, Sat, February 25 2006, 12:57:24 (205.188.116.196)
    MAYBE SOMEONE MIGHT TELL ME HOW DO I GET COPIES OF MY GRANDFATHERS MILITARY RECORDS FOR FAMILY HISTORY.SERVED IN WWII IN CO."B" 1942 23TH INFANTRY DIVISION. SERVED IN FRANCE,RHINELAND,ARDENNES AND CENTRAL EUROPE.DECORATIONS AND CITATIONS INCLUDE EAME THEATRE MEDAL, FOUR BRONZE SERVICE STARS, COMBAT INF. BADGE, AMERICAN THEATRE MEDAL AND VICTORY MEDALS. I WAS TOLD RECORD MIGHT HAVE BEEN LOST DUE TO FIRE IN RECORD ARCHIVES AT SOME TIME. IF ANY HELP CAN BE OFFERED OR DIRECTION ON WHERE TO GO FROM HERE. IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. SINCERELY, GRANDSON ANDREW DE LA GARZA

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Looking for my fathers friends -- Sophie Gabrielle Sheets, Wed, March 01 2006, 16:12:08 (216.78.200.28)
    My name is Sophie Sheets. My Father was Bobby Ray Sheets from Lexington Kentucky. He was one of the lucky survivors of the Vietnam War. He was in the Army as a Helecopter Gunman. I am looking for anyone that might have known him during the war or after. Unfortunatly I don't know what division he was in only that he served two terms. He had two good friends one was named bill and the other was erin. Again I don't know their last names. If anyone has any information regarding my father please let me know. I have been searching for him my whole life and found out that he passed away May 18th of 1987. I have found the rest of the sheets family, my half brother and I would like to know more about our father.

God bless each and everyone of you!!!!

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Info on Richard Hoffler Marine killed in '69 -- Casey, Tue, February 28 2006, 18:16:58 (68.225.45.128)
    Hi everyone. I'm looking for info on Marine Richard "Richie" Hoffler from Virginia. Richie was my 2nd cousin & was killed in Quang Nam on Aug 31st, 1969 by morter. Any buddies of his that can tell me any stories about Richie I would really appreciate your time.

Thank You So Much.
    GOD BLESS YOU ALL!
    Casey

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Buying Blank Military Certificates -- Charles, Sun, February 26 2006, 20:17:51 (68.45.113.137)
    I need to ask a question about buying real military blank certificates on line, this is got to be against some law. does anybody know who or where one can report this to.from what i seen on the site that was mailed to me you can be anybody you want to be with all the military awards you want, and there real.Please e-mail me if you know who to report this to.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• LOOKING -- JAMES KAZIK 920-553-9645 CALL, Sat, February 25 2006, 0:30:00 (206.40.122.9)
    WHERE ARE YOU DANNY WADE I,VE BEEN LOOKING ALL OVER FOR YOU PLEASE CALL ME DRO. YOUR BROTHER FOR EVER. JAMES KAZIK. IF ANY ONE KNOWS OF HIM OUR WHERE HE IS PLEASE CALL ME.920-553-9645 THANK YOU

[ Edit | View ]

• TET 68 LOOKING FOR ANY ONE IN H&HS-1 MWGH-1 1stMAW-1 -- JAMES KAZIK 920-553-9645 CALL, Sat, February 25 2006, 0:24:04 (206.40.122.9)
    I WOULD LIKE TO HERE FROM ANY ONE WHO WAS IN H&HS-1 MWGH-1 1stMAW DURING TET OF 68 AND KNOWS OF THE NAMES OF OUR GUYS KILLED AT THAT TIME. IT WOULD HELP IF THEY COULD TELL WHAT HAPPEN TO THEM OVER THERE ON BASE AT THAT TIME. WHERE ARE YOU JAMES APPEELGEAT. OR GEN E.E. ANDERSON.

[ Edit | View ]

• vva -- chasity, Thu, February 23 2006, 20:04:43 (65.24.65.78)
    my dad was in the vietnam war from 67-69 and passed away on feb 23 04 from nhl...how do i get his name on the wall?

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Brothers in Arms, Brothers in Heart. -- Jerry 'Rocky' Stone, Thu, February 23 2006, 4:03:17 (12.180.162.87)
    Brothers in Arms are, also, brothers in the heart and will always be remembered.

I served with Bravo Company 4th BN, 503rd Inf, 173rd Airborne Brigade (Sep) and Charlie Company 75th Inf. Airborne Rangers from 1967-70. I survived the Battle of Hill 875,Dak To, Nov. 1967 and I am looking for other brothers who survived that battle. If you served with the Herd as were on Hill 875 I would like to hear from you. If you served with the Herd or with Charlie Rangers I would like to hear from you.

We came from different states and different backgrounds, but we share something that is special and will never be forgotten by any of us. There is a saying, "some times our closest family is not of blood ties." I think that saying applies to all of us who served in Nam, but is especially true for those of us who served side by side and faced death together. Let us not forget our experience but above all let us never forget each other and the special bond that we had and still have today.

I salute all who served in all wars, I especially salute those who served in Nam. And a very special salute to those men of the 173rd Airborne Brigade and Charlie Rangers. Welcome Home my brothers! HOOOOOAH!!

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• The Wall -- Bob Flournoy, Sat, February 18 2006, 18:57:09 (205.188.116.196)
    THE WALL
    The second time I went to the Vietnam Memorial was more meaningful than the first. That initial time in 1982 was a circus. Absolute carnival atmosphere that agitated, angered me. Balloons, snacks, crowded, an absolute lack of the sober subdued holy atmosphere that I expected, and that in my mind the shrine demanded. The place was still relatively new, and it was a summer Saturday with the sun shining which encouraged the throngs to turn out, including, unfortunately, a couple hundred guys who thought that they needed to dress up like bikers in old fatigues which were plastered with ribbons and patches, boonie hats and the obligatory granny shades. And head bands. And drooping mustaches. All carrying on with one another, hugging, power hand shaking, crocodile tears, milling around on the path directly in front of the black depths of that wall, here I am check me out. Dude. Total bull shit. I have found that for every ten guys who tell you they were in 'Nam, many of them are probably lying, and when it comes to who did what, most of them were airborne ranger CIB gunslinging bad asses who stalked the jungle with cold steel resolve and by God I've earned my booze but don't talk to me too much about it because once established that I am the real deal then we just don't go there, you know, man? Total bull shit.

Second trip was also a Saturday, many years later, in the fall, nippy with some bluster in the wind, fading color in the hardwoods. A couple of dozen older people pausing reflectively in front of the mirrored, shining sea of names, some hesitantly rubbing the inscriptions off onto various flimsies and fabrics, almost apologetically, standing silently looking down at their work to see if some magic would appear, some who looked at the name they had sought out with a sense of bewilderment, trying to comprehend after 30 years or more. A few guys my age, jeans, sweatshirts, light jackets, graying, thinning hair, standing off a little with arms crossed, unmoving, looking for something that they were not having any luck finding; quiet, pensive, detached.

I stood awhile, apart, eyes glazing off into the distant depths of the marble, wandered off, found a to go coffee and drifted back onto the grass to resume watch for awhile longer. I didn't seek out the names this time. I knew where they were. And I left.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Vietnam Babylift -- Lana Noone, Sat, February 18 2006, 13:32:22 (4.78.53.86)
    Please visit my website at:

www.Vietnambabylift.org

for resources and information related to "Operation Babylift", Viet Nam, 1975.

[ Edit | View ]

• Dong Tam Eight -- Tillman L. Jeffrey, Fri, February 17 2006, 17:43:12 (67.181.10.77)
    Note to Al Sever: In Tampa Bay, FL on January 1st of this year Michael Nicholau, the purpoted instigator of the killings of South Vietnamese civilians by the "Dong Tam Eight" in 1970, murdered his wife and her daughter, then shot himself. Authorities in Massachusetts, where Nicholau lived before moving to Florida, suspect Nicholau in the disappearance of his first wife in 1988. This story appeared in the Tampa Bay papers in early January.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Re: Anglico? -- jesse c walsworth, Fri, December 23 2005, 9:41:41 (69.133.109.236)
    Was stationed @hoi an with the ROKS .WAS a anglicoman/radioman,2 of us marines with a company of ROK marines.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Looking for Jack Stoddard -- Victor Cordova, Wed, February 15 2006, 9:41:52 (65.101.125.69)
    I am looking for Jack Stoddard who wrote an article about my friend Chris (Going to See Chris), which is posted here in War Stories. I would like to thank him personally about what he did. The email that is on the story is not a working email. If anyone has information please contact me at this email:
    vcordova_99@yahoo.com Thank you.

Victor Cordova
    Vietnam 71-72

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

Main index ] [ Archives: 12345[6]789 ]
Comments to:
Patrick Camunes,
War Stories' Bulletin Board Webmaster!
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.