VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

09/25/20 4:31pm PDTLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]34 ]


Filipino Online Bulletin
Filipino Online Bulletin: Information for Pinoys + the Globe

Free Email | US News | Philippine News | Health News | Filipino Trivia |
Filipino Scientists, Pinoy Inventors | Jokes | Yahoo Chat | Search Engine |
Add FOB to Favorites


Bulletin board visitors may:

  • SHARE or DISCUSS hottest news, society issues, sports and entertainment trivia, films, jokes, poems, short stories; REQUEST song lyrics, food recipes; WRITE original articles/essays - personal experience, role models

  • UPLOAD fresh pictures (please don't post nude pics of Assunta de Rossi, Lana Asanin or any Philippine celebrities; this is a child-safe site, so please no naked photos/foul language)

  • RESEARCH or ASK QUESTIONS - history, Agapito Flores' birthday, Jose Rizal's biography, and other info; DISCOVER or REDISCOVER Filipino culture - native Pinoy, Fil-Am, Fil-Canadian, Fil-whatever

  • PROMOTE or REVIEW new and old Filipino music albums, videos or movies, books; ANNOUNCE job openings, community activities, fundraising drives, concert dates

  • MAKE new friends, find old pals; SHARE tech hobbies, websites (no commercial and webcam sex links or any adult sites)

Before posting, read first the forum's current messages and old posts (follow link to archive, if any). Your messages cannot be edited once you've hit the "Send" button.

Please spread the word about FOB. Muchas gracias.


http://groups.yahoo.com/group/filipinotrivia


Subject: IMSCF Syndrome ("I'm Spanish-Chinese-Filipino" Syndrome) in America


Author:
Chris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01/16/02 8:55pm PST

This one's regarding Filipino identity crisis. You can detect IMSCF Syndrome when a Filipino with no Spanish and/or Chinese blood at all claims to be a mix of Spanish, Chinese and Pinoy. That person usually recites when asked his/her ethnicity: "I'm Spanish-Chinese-Filipino." This has been a common problem among Filipino-Americans. It would be interesting to know if Filipinos in places other than the USA are also afflicted with this. Filipino readers in other countries outside the Philippines, you can tell us your personal experiences on this. Is this syndrome widespread among Filipinos in your adopted country?

A Fil-American friend's view is that because of the negative international image of the Philippines and the lack or invisibility of Filipino role models in America, the Fil-Am youth deny their Filipinoness or fake it. This topic should be attractive. Speak your minds, Filipino-Canadians, Filipino-Australians, Filipino-British and other Pinoys/Pinays. And no, I don't have IMSCF syndrome.

Read Kalani Mondoy's enlightening web page, entitled "Filipino Identity," to understand what I'm talking about: http://home.earthlink.net/~motuahina/visaya/identity.html.

It says partially: You can see the Spanish surnames with the Filipino people. (This) was due to the Claveria decree implemented by Governor General Narciso Claveria in 1849. A Catalogo Alfabetico de Apellidos or "Book of Surnames" was created. This was done so that maintaining tax records could be easier since Filipinos initially did not have surnames and many of the early converts of Catholicism adopted names of saints and in turn duplication of the same surnames were numerous...Throughout the centuries, the fact that Filipinos looked upon the Spanish as the "elite" since it was they who held most of the positions in office, being "Spanish" would be looked upon as a high status. This has continued down until the present, and many Filipinos today still say that they have Spanish blood when in reality they might really have very little or in most cases, none at all...Many Filipinos are not comfortable calling themselves Filipinos alone and still use "Spanish" as part of their ethnic description...How Filipinos are looked upon by some societies and what happened with the early Filipino immigrants (in America) in the past give today's Filipinos more reason to use other terms when describing themselves...My paternal grandmother was from Cebu, so regional pride was important for her and she passed that unto us. Like many Filipinos today, my grandmother said the same thing to us that have been said for generations - that we are Spanish. I have traced my grandmother's genealogy going through records as far back as 1842, and traced ancestors who were probably born around the 1760s. None of them were Spaniards, and their baptism and death records did indicate that they were "indios" or native Filipinos.

Related to this is Filipinology's revealing article entitled "Pinoys in Hawaii": http://members.fortunecity.com/filipinology/hawaii.htm.

Parts of it state: Most local-born (Hawaii) Filipinos are even notorious for having no Filipino pride at all, and they readily classify themselves as Hispanic, Chinese and Filipino when, in fact, their parents are pure-blooded Pinoy from the Philippines. What's worse is, because they are looked down upon by non-Filipinos, sometimes they wish they weren't Filipino; they try to replace their true identity with Hawaiian and say, "I'm Spanish, Chinese and Hawaiian." But their facial features...are a dead giveaway. Filipino community leaders believe that the discrimination against them by other Asians in Hawaii is due to bad stereotypes perpetuated by famous Honolulu personalities like Lois Ann Yamanaka, Frank De Lima, etc. Somebody from West Covina, California wrote to Filipinas Magazine (January 1999) that in Hawaii, "teasing jokes and verbal cruelty by Japanese children and adults (against Filipinos)" are commonplace. Filipinos are "always degraded, constantly overlooked." Local Filipinos, as a consequence, grow up with low self-esteem...According to Augusto Espiritu, Ph.D., "In Hawaii, unlike the Mainland, Filipinos belong to the bottom of the racial and economic hierarchy next to Samoans and (indigenous) Hawaiians." The only best times to see happy Pinoy faces are during weekend parties and Sunday masses when Filipinos dress like billionaires and flock into those air-conditioned Catholic buildings of worship. On the positive side, many Filipinos have abandoned Hawaii and found the true meaning of paradise in California, Illinois, New York, Washington, Texas, New Jersey, Florida and other U.S. Mainland states.

"Living as an AJA - Ashamed to be Filipino?" by Geraldine Morales de Leon is worth your time, too: http://www.soc.hawaii.edu/neh/oct/gleon2.html.

It says in part: I sometimes also get upset when some people are not as proud of their Filipino heritage as they ought to be. I have a cousin who is half-Caucasian and half-Filipino who usually claims that he is Spanish. He hardly ever mentions that he has Filipino in him. I think it has more to do with how ignorant he is of his Filipino heritage. If he learned more about his cultural roots, I think he may have a different attitude about being Filipino.
Replies:

Subject: Re: Technological University of the Philippines (TUP), formerly PSAT/PCAT, has an alumni Web page at http://www.tup.edu.ph/alumni.htm


Author:
Bienvenido S. Capule
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12/27/06 10:07am PST

Magtanggol Zapanta...
Tan-gi...Kamusta na bro...si Ben to...classmate tayo nung circa 72-75 sa Laboratory High School sa PCAT, just touching base, was wondering what happened to you. Nang huling daan ko sa may inyo di ko na ma picture kung saan ang bahay ninyo...Anyway, it was nice to see a familiar name sa roster nang mga alumnae sa TUP...write me back...

Ben
Replies:

Subject: ANCESTRYBYDNA.COM


Author:
Queenie (MAD)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03/23/09 12:33pm PDT

ANCESTRYBYDNA.COM RIPPED ME OFF. I sent $650.00 to get my mothers DNA done for her before she died. We never got the results.After many phone calls and almost a year later with assurances that everything was fine and we would receive our results, they finally admitted they were going out of business.
They told me however, that they would gladly reimburse my money but it would take a few weeks for me to see the refund. That was back in January. I tried calling again dozens of times, each time leaving them messages, begging them for my money. I even e-mailed numerous times and got no response there either. Last time I visited their WEB SITE, ANCESTRYBYDNA.COM, all contact information was gone from the site.
THEY RIPPED ME OFF! I know that when the economy gets better they will start their business back up, probably under a different name. BEWARE!

Subject: Is Rizal gay?


Author:
tiarra
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04/ 8/03 8:57am PDT

hey can anyone tell me if Rizal is gay?! just need some information bout it, i dont care whether he is or not.. just need some documents for it.. phulezzzzz... tnx!
Replies:

Subject: Looking For Long Lost Friend


Author:
Bestsay Decembrana
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02/10/07 8:25pm PST


Hello to all !

My name is Phuong Nguyen, I'm looking for my Teacher, She is Filipino, Her name is Bestsay Decembrana.

Before 1992, she taught ESL class in Refugee camp PRPC Bataan in the Philippines. After the refugee camp closed, she moved back to her family in Manila. Her family still live in the Philippines

1993 she moved to Boston, Massachusetts USA, I met her there in Boston, Massachusttes. We lost contact since then.

If any one know any of Bestsay Decembrana's informations. Please email me at: vitnguyen34@hotmail.com

Please, click here to view her picture
http://www.phuongsaigon.blogspot.com/


Thank you Very Much !
God Bless

Subject: Complete lyrics for Anak by Freddie Aguilar


Author:
Singam
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06/11/03 5:49pm PDT

Some of you may know the song Anak sung by Freddie Aguilar. I have loved the song since I first heard it. But I have only known of 3 verses.

Recently I received an MP3 containing 6 verses. I have tried to get the lyrics for the additional 3 verses but they seem not to be available anywhere.

I have tried to capture the words myself but, since I don't know Tagalog, all I have got is a bunch of sounds.

Would someone like to transform those sounds into proper Tagalog words?

Anak by Freddie Aguilar

(First part - lyrics widely available)

N`ong isilang ka sa mundong ito
Laking tuwa ng magulang mo
At ang kamay nila ang iyong ilaw
At ang Nanay at Tatay mo`y
Di malaman ang gagawin
Minamasdan pati pag-tulog mo
At sa gabi napupuyat ang iyong Nanay
Sa pag-timpla ng gatas mo
At sa umaga nama`y kalong ka nang iyong Ama
Tuwang-tuwa sa `yo

Ngayon nga`y malaki ka na
At nais mo`y maging malaya
Di man sila payag walang magagawa
Ikaw nga`y biglang nagbago
Naging matigas ang iyong ulo
At ang payo nila`y sinuway mo
Di mo man lang inisip
Na ang kanilang ginagawa`y para sa `yo
Pagkat ang nais mo`y masunod ang layaw mo,
Di mo sila pinapansin

Nagdaan pa ang mga araw
At ang landas mo`y naligaw
Ikaw ay nalulung sa masamang bisyo
At ang una mong nilapitan
Ang `yong Inang lumuluha
At ang tanong anak
Ba`t ka nagkaganyan
At ang iyong mga mata`y
Biglang lumuha nang di mo napapansin

Pagsisisi ang sa isip mo`t nalaman mo ika`y nagkamali
Pagsisisi ang sa isip mo`t nalaman mo ika`y nagkamali

(Second part - lyrics not available anywhere,
approximate sounds captured by non speaker of Tagalog,
need to form proper Tagalog words)

kaha pun ai nili mut no
pati ang iyong masamang bisyo
laking pasala matnan makulang mo
ikaw nga ay tulu yang nagbago
na tag tu a ng sari re
ralau ng insip mu matu bigka
pagtu lui ang tag mo nang arau ag ti ka rau
ai na tu tum ibili
di ng la una ibinasya lumagai kana sapatili

pat ga bila pa mui na pa gus na
mala pit ga ng ma gi ama
ka ya la lung ng si kapilang pusto
uma pi lang iyong ini intai
sini nang lang panai nai mo
par ang lagit angyong na da ba
ngayon anak alang inang kum anung
pakilang tang le makbin isang ama
ga dyan di ang nag dar amang nag iyong
aman ikan laki kau ai makitla

ngayon iyong nar ang dama
ngayon iyong nara nasan
ngayon iyong ma i intip imang
ta mag pala ang iyong ina
ta mag pala ang iyong ama
ngayon indi kama mag ta aka

indi pala pirong maging magulang ong ayong iyong bina rana
indi pala pirong maging magulang ong ayong iyong bina rana
indi pala pirong maging magulang ong ayong iyong bina rana
Replies:

Subject: It is true


Author:
Genesis Rodriguez
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05/ 3/08 4:45pm PDT

I'm a Filipino living here in Canada. You are right guys

I keep on wondering why many Filipinos keep on saying they

are not pure Filipinos by adding some races in their blood

everytime they are being asked of their nationality.

They keep on saying they have Chinese blood, Spanish blood

very few Filipinos here abroad will tell you thei are pure

Filipinos. But, their nose, color of skin won't lie!

Subject: Re: Sorry, but based on her poor English speeches, Mrs. Gloria Macapagal Arroyo has an above-average IQ, within the 110-119 range, nowhere near Miriam Defensor Santiago's genius level.


Author:
jeffrey macatangay (credible compliment to her)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01/31/08 7:49pm PST

meriam defensor santiago is a kind of very egghead person 'cause she could make almost everything perfect that's why she called as overflowing woman of stouthearted ability. Benevolently, let's make more salubrious performance to what she can does in helping uplift our dignified trudging economic condition and some for more equitable projected dignity of all filipinos towards world peace,self- inculcated values,robust soceity and environmentally concerned citizens unobliviously hammered- down by destitution,outlandish graft and corruption,stifled morality,anthrohavoc and circumdehumanization." Veracious intelligence sharpen our rusted drowning culture-- not to make obnoxious deterioration nor to create primary environmental problems; build procreated highbrow motion"

Subject: Arrests, Beauties, Cash, Dope


Author:
ABCD
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09/17/04 4:26am PDT

Did this ex-beauty queen forget to pay the Hawaii police department a "protection money" before selling drugs?

This Honolulu Star Bulletin newspaper article suggests that if you pay cops in Hawaii a certain amount, they will not arrest you for dealing dope:

http://starbulletin.com/2004/09/16/news/story4.html

But this Honolulu Advertiser news item says the Honolulu officers arrested Miss Hawaii USA 1998 Tiffini Hercules and her Hawaiian husband last Tuesday, Sept. 14, for possession and sale of dangerous drugs:

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2004/Sep/16/br/br05p.html
Replies:

Subject: Re: OLD TAGALOG MOVIES


Author:
bill amerson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12/19/06 6:22pm PST

I would love to get ahold of movie "THE BURNING OF SAMAR' it was made in 1975 starring cisco oliver I had a small part in it If anyone knows how to get a copy let me know at ebill2003203@yahoo.com thanks alot I will happily pay
Replies:

Subject: 3 old Filipino Movies


Author:
Beth Colasito Fogarty (Please help!)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03/ 4/07 10:05pm PST

Hello,

I hope someone can help me find 3 old filipino movies:

1. Maragas Ang daigdig

2. Ang lupang Ito ay Akin

3. Diegong Daga

Please let me know, I really have to have it because my father was in those movies.

Subject: much ado about race and nationality


Author:
tagala
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03/ 4/07 10:19am PST

It's ridiculous and shallow to be so caught up with racial and national identity - nationalism was 'nazi' for short. If you are an Asian born in the US, how would you feel if you weren't treated with respect because you weren't "American" enough or you weren't proud of American foreign policy, etc.? Lots of Americans abroad are now ashamed to reveal that they are American because of what is going on in the Middle East. Sometimes they pretend to be European for fear of harassment. If Filipinos feel some shame, then maybe it's justified, that is what they are honestly feeling, and maybe they want to avoid being looked down on. You can't force people to feel a pride that they don't feel. And not everyone is brave enough in the face of discrimination.
Our identities are "human beings". It should be our priority to be good people rather than good Americans or good Filipinos. For a long time in Europe, which was known as "Christendom", people identified themselves as Christians more than their regional residencies, which is, in the larger scheme of things, a matter of fate rather than choice or will. Say you were born wherever you were born, but you can always mix cultures or adopt a new one. You are not tied to one culture. You cannot be discriminated against when you do not identiy too strongly to one culture, race or nationality; you deserve respect because you are a "human being" not because your country or race did great things. "Human beings" are a diverse culture - some will like their country of origin and some won't. Some will identify more strongly with a foreign culture, and some won't. That's freedom of choice. That's just natural. Differences are natural, because we are a mix of all kinds of genetics and influences that we are largely unaware of. And we are certainly more than genetics. So lighten up.

Subject: A Philippine Court found one of four U.S Marine guilty of raping a Filipina inside a van at a former U.S Navy base last year, sentencing the 21 year old sailor Lance Corporal Daniel Smith to life in prison.


Author:
Misty Philippines (hey, Filipino)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12/15/06 6:52pm PST



Subject: here's the copy! Liham sa Mga Kababaihan sa Malolos (English)


Author:
yehey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09/17/06 10:03pm PDT

To The Young Women of Malolos

When I wrote Noli Me Tangere, I asked myself whether bravery was the common thing in the young women of our people. I brought back to my recollection and reviewed those that I have known since my infancy, but there were only few who seem to come up with my ideal. There was, it is true, an abundance of girls with agreeable manners, beautiful ways, and modest demeanor, but there was in all an admixture of servitude and deference to the words or whims of their so-called "spiritual fathers" (as if the spirit or soul had any father other than God) due to excessive kindness, modesty, or perhaps, ignorance. They seemed faded plants sown and reared in darkness, having flowers without perfume and fruits without sap.
However, when the news of what happened at Malolos reached us, I saw my error, and great was my rejoicing. After all, who is to blame me? I didn't know Malolos nor its young women, except one called Emilia (Emilia Tiongson, whom Rizal met in 1887 - Z), and her I knew by name only.
Now that you have responded to our first appeal in the interest of the welfare for the people; now that you have set an example to those who, like you, long to have their eyes opened and be delivered from servitude, new hopes are awakened in us and now we even dare to face adversity, because we have you for our allies and are confident of victory. No longer does the Filipinos stand with her head bowed nor does she spend her time on her knees, because she is quickened by hope in the future; no longer will the mother contribute to keeping her daughter in darkness and bring her up in contempt and moral annihilation. And no longer the science of all sciences consist in blind submission to any unjust order, or in extreme complacency, nor a courteous smile be deemed the only weapon against insult or humble tears the ineffable panacea for all tribulations. You know that the will of God is different from that of the priest; that religiousness does not consist of long period spent on your kness, nor in endless prayers, big rosarios, and grimy scapularies, but in a spotless conduct, firm intention and upright judgment. You also know that prudence does not consist in blindly obeying any whim of the little tin god, but in obeying only that which is reasonable and just, because blind obedience is itself the cause and origin of those whims, and those guilty of it are really to be blamed. The official or friar can no longer assert that they alone are responsible for their unjust orders, because God gave each individual reason and a will of his or her own to distinguish the just from the unjust; all were born without shackles and free, and nobody has the right to subjugate the will and the spirit of another.and, why should you submit to another your thought, seeing your thought is noble and free?
It is cowardice and error to believe that saintliness consists in blind obedience and that prudence and the habit of thinking are presumption. Ignorance has ever been ignorance, and never prudence and honor. God, the primal source of all wisdom, does not demand that man, created in His image and likeness, allow himself to be deceived and noodwinked, but wants us to use and shine the light of reason with which He has so mercifully endowed us. He may be compared to a father who gave each of His sons a torch to light his way to darkness, bidding them keep its light bright and take care of it and not put it out and trust to the light of others, but to help and advice each other to find the right path. They would be madmen were they to follow the light of another, only to come to a fall, and the father could upbraid them and say to them: " Did I not give each you his own torch"; but he could not say so if the fall were due to the light of the torch of him who fell, as the light might have beem dim and the road very bad.
The deceiver is fond of using the saying that "It is presumptious to rely on one's own judgment", but in my opinion it is more presumptious for a person to put his judgment above that of the others and try to make it prevail over theirs. It is more presumptious for a man to constitute himself to an idol and pretend to be in comunication of thought with God; and it is more than presumptious and blasphemous for a person to attribute every movement of his lips to God, to represent every whim of his as the will of God, and to brand his own enemy as the enemy of God. Of course, we should not consult our judgment alone, but hear the opinion of others before doing what may seem most reasonable to us. The wild man from the hills, if clad in the priest's robe, remains a hillman and can only deceive the weak and ignorant. And to make my argument more conclusive, just buy a priest robe as the Franciscans wear it and put it on a carabao, and you will be lucky if the carabao does not become lazy on account of the robe. But I will leave the subject to speak of something else.
Youth is a flower-bed that is to bear rich fruit and must accumulate wealth for its descendants. What offspring will be that of a woman whose kindness of character is expressed by mumbled prayers; who knows nothing by heart but awits, novenas, and the alleged miracles; whose amusement consists in playing panguingue and on the frequent confession of the same sins? What sons will she have but acolytes, priest's servants or cockfighters? It is the mothers who are responsible for the present servitude of our compatriots, owing to the unlimited trustfullness of their loving hearts, to their ardent desire to elevate their sons. Maturity is the fruit of infancy and the infant is formed on the lap of its mother. The mother who can only teach her child how to kneel and kiss hands must not expect sons with blood other than that of vile slaves. A tree that grows in the mud is unsubstantial and good only for firewood. If her son should have a bold mind, his boldness will be deceitfull and will be like the bat that cannot show itself until the ringing of vespers. They say that prudence is sanctity. But, what sanctity have they shown us? To pray and kneel a lot, kiss the hands of the priest, throw money away on churches, and believe all the friars sees fit to tell us; gossip, callous rubbing of noses...
As to the mites and gifts to God, is there anything in the world that does not belong to God? What would you say of a servant making his master a present of a cloth borrowed from that very master? Who is so vain, so insane that he will give alms to God and believe that the miserable thing he has given will serve to cloth the Creator of all things? Blessed be they who succor their fellow men, aid the poor and feed the hungry; but cursed be they who turn a deaf ear to suplications of the poor who only give to him who has plenty and spend their money lavishly on silver altar hangings for the church, or give it to the friar, who lives in abundance, in the shape of fees for masses of thanksgiving, or in serenades and fireworks. The money ground out of the poor is bequeathed to the master so the he can provide for chains to subjugate, and hire thugs and executioners. Oh, what blindness, what lack of understanding!
Saintliness consists in the first place in obeying the dictates of reason, happen what may. "It is acts not words that I want of you," said Christ. "Not everyone that sayeth on to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." Saintliness does not consist in abjectness, nor is the successor of Christ to be recognized by the fact that he gives hand to the priest. Christ did not give the kiss of peace to the Pharasees and never gave His hand to be kissed. He did not cater to the rich and vain; He did not mention scapularies, nor did He make rosaries or solicit offerings for the sacrifice of the mass or exact payments for His prayers. St. John did not demand a fee on the River Jordan, nor did Christ teach for gain. Why then, the friars now refuse to stir a fruit unless paid in advance? And, as if they were starving, they sell scapularies, rosaries, belts, and other things which are nothing but schemes for making money and are detriment to the soul; because even if all the rags on earth were converted into scapularies and all the trees in the forest into rosaries, and if all the skins of all the beasts were made into belts, and if all the priests of the earth mumbled prayers over all these and sprinkled oceans of Holy Water over it, these would not purify a rogue or condone sin were there is no repentance, thus, also, through cupidity and love of money, they will, for a price, revoke the numerous prohibitions such as those against eating meat, marrying close relatives, etc. You can do almost anything if you but grease their palms. Why that? Can God be bribed and bought off, and blinded by money, nothing more nor less than a friar? The brigand who has obtained a bull of compromise can live calmly on the proceeds of his robbery, because he will be forgiven. God then will sit at the table where theft provides the viands? Has the Omnipotent become a pauper that he must assume the rule of the excise man or gendarme? If that is the god whom the friar adores, then I turn my back upon that God.
Let us be reasonable and open our eyes, especially you women, because you are the first to influence the consciousness of man. Remember that a good mother does not resemble the mother that the friar has created; she must bring up her child to be the image of the true God, not of a blackmailing, a grasping God, but of a God who is the father of us all, who is just; who does not suck the life-blood of the poor like vampire, nor scoffs at the agony of the sorely beset, nor makes a crooked path of the path of justice. Awaken and prepare the will of you children towards all that is honorable, judged by proper standards, to all that is sincere and firm of purpose, clear judgment, clear procedure, honesty in act and deed, and for the fellowman and respect for God; this is what you must teach your children. And, seeing that life is full of thorns and thistles, you must fortify their minds against any stroke of adversity and accustom them to danger. The people can not expect honor nor prosperity so long as they will educate their children in a wrong way, so long as the woman who guides the child in his steps is slavish and ignorant. No good water comes from a turbid, bitter spring; no savory fruit comes from acrid seed.
The duties that woman has to perform in order to deliver the people fro suffering are of no little importance, but be they as they may, they will not be beyond he strength and stamina of the Filipino people. The power and good judgment of the woman of the Philippines are well known, and it is because of this that she has been hoodwinked, and tied, and rendered puaillanimous; and now her enslavers rest at ease, because so long as they can keep the Filipina mother a slave, so long will they be able to make slaves of her children. The cause of backwardness of Asia lies in the fact that there the women are ignorant, are slaves; while Europe and America are powerful because there the women are free and well educated and endowed with lucid intellect and a strong will.
We know that you lack instructive books; we know that nothing is added to your intellect, day by day, save that which is intended to dim its natural brightness; all this we know, hence are desire to bring you the light that illuminates you equals here in Europe. If that which I tell you does not provoke your anger, and if you will pay a little attention to it then, however dense the mist maybe that befogs our people, I will make the utmost efforts to have it dissipated by the bright rays of the sun, which will give light, though they may be dimmed. We shall not feel any fatigue if you help us; God, too, will help to scatter the mist, because He is the God of truth; He will restore to its pristine condition the fame of the Filipina in whom we now miss only a criterion of her own, because good qualities she has enough and to spare. This is our dream; this is the desire we cherish in our hearts; to restore the honor of woman, who is half of our heart, our companion in the joys and tribulations of life. If she is a maiden, a young man should love her not only because of her beauty and her amiable character, but also on account of her fortitude of mind and loftiness of purpose, which quicken and elevate the feeble and timid and ward off all vain thoughts. Let the maiden be the pride of her country and command respect, because it is a common practice on the part of the Spaniards and friars here who have returned from the Islands to speak of the Filipina as complainant and ignorant, as if all should be thrown into the same class because of the missteps of a few, and as if women of weak character did not exist in other lands. As to purity what could the Filipina not hold up to others!
Nevertheless, the returning Spaniards and friars, talkative and fond of gossip, can hardly find time enough to brag and bawl, amidst guffaws and insulting remarks, that a certain woman was thus; that she behaved thus at the convent and conducted herself thus with the Spaniards who on the occasion was her guest, and other things that set her teeth on edge when you think of them which, in the majority of cases, were fault due to candor, excessive kindness, meekness, or perhaps ignorance and were all the work of the defamer himself. There is a Spaniard now in high office, who has sat on our table and enjoyed our hospitality in his wanderings through the Philippines and who, upon his return to Spain, rushed forthwith into print and related that on one occasion in Pampanga he demanded hospitality and ate, ands slept at a house and the lady of the house conducted herself in such and in such a manner with him; this is how he repaid the lady for her supreme hospitality! Similar insinuations are made by the friars to the chance visitor from Spain concerning their very obedient confesandas, hand-kissers, etc., accompanied by smiles and very significant winkings of the eye. In a book published by D. Sinibaldo de Mas and in other friar sketches since are related to which women accused themselves in the confessional and of which the friars made no secret in talking to their Spanish visitors seasoning them, at the best, with idiotic and shameless tales not worthy of credence. I cannot repeat here the shameless stories that a friar told Mas and to which Mas attributed no value whatever. Everytime we hear or read anything of this kind, we ask each other: Are the Spanish women all cut after the pattern of the Holy Virgin Mary and the Filipinas reprobates? I believe that if we are to balance accounts in this delicate question, perhaps… But I must drop the subject because I am neither a confessor nor a Spansish traveler and have no business to take away anybody’s good name. I shall let this go and speak of the duties of woman instead.
A people that respects woman, like the Filipino people, must know the truth of the situation in order to be able to do what is expected of it. It seems an established fact that when a young student falls in love, he throws everything to the dogs – knowledge, honor, and money, as if a girl cannot do anything but sow misfortune. The bravest youth becomes a coward when he marries, and the born coward becomes shameless, as if he had been waiting to get married in order to show his cowardice. The son, in order to hide his pusillanimity, remembers his mother, swallows his wrath, suffers his ears to be boxed, obeys the most foolish order, and becomes an accomplice to his own dishonor. It should be remembered that where nobody flees there is no pursuer; when there is no little fish there cannot be a big one. Why does the girl not require her lover a noble and honored name, a manly heart offering protection to her weakness, and a high spirit incapable of being satisfied with endangering slaves? Let her discard all fear, let her behave nobly and not deliver her youth to the weak and faint–hearted. When she is married she must aid her husband, inspire him with courage, share his perils, refrain from causing her worry and sweeten his moments of affliction always remembering that there is no grief that a brave heart cannot bare and the there is no bitterer inheritance than that of infamy and slavery. Open your children’s eyes so that they may jealously guard their honor, love their fellowmen and their native land, and do their duty. Always impress upon them they must prefer dying with honor to living in dishonor. The women of Sparta should serve you as an example in this; I shall give some of their characteristics.
When a mother handed the shield to her son as he was marching to battle, she said nothing to him but this: "Return with it, or on it," which mean, come back victorious or dead, because it was customary with the routed warrior to throw away his shield, while the dead warrior was carried home on his shield. A mother received word that her son had been killed in battle and the army routed. She did not say a word, but expressed her thankfulness that her son had been saved from disgrace. However, when her son returned alive, the mother put on mourning. One of the mothers who went out to meet the warriors returning from batt6le was told by one that her three sons had fallen. I do not ask you that, said the mother, but whether we have been victorious or not. We have been victorious – answered the warrior. If that is so, then let us thank God, and she went to the temple.
Once upon a time a king theirs, who had been defeated, hid on the temple, because he feared the popular wrath. The Spartans resolved to shut him up there and starve him to death. When they are blocking the door, the mother was the first to bring stones. These things were in accordance with the custom there, and all Greece admired the Spartan woman. Of all women – a woman said jestingly – only you Spartans have power over the men. Quite natural – they replied – of all women only we give birth to men. Man, the Spartan women said, was not born to live for himself alone but for his native land. So long as this way of thinking prevailed and they had that kind of women in Sparta, no enemy was able to put his foot upon her soil, nor was there a woman in Sparta who ever saw a hostile army.
I do not expect to be believed simply because it is I who am saying this; there are many people who do not listen to reason, but will listen only to those who wear the cassock or have gray hair or no teeth; but while it is true that the aged should be venerated, because of their travails and experience, yet the life that I lived, consecrated to the happiness of the people, adds some years, though not many of my age. I do not pretend to be looked upon as an idol or fetish and to be believed and listened to be with the eyes closed, and head bowed, and the arms crossed over the breast; what I asked of all is to reflect on what I tell him, think it over and sift it carefully through the sieve of reason.
First of all. That the tyranny of some is possible only through cowardice and negligence on the part of others.
Second. What makes one contemptible is lack of dignity and abject fear of him who holds one in contempt.
Third. Ignorance is servitude, because as a man thinks, so he is; a man who does not think for himself and allowed himself to be guided by the thought of another is like the beast led by a halter.
Fourth. He who loves his independence must first aid his fellowman, because he who refuses protection to others will find himself without it; the isolated rib of the buri palm is easily broken but not so the broom made of the ribs of the palm bound together.
Fifth. If the Filipina will not change her mode of being, let her rear no more children, let her merely give birth to them. She must cease the mistress of the home, otherwise she will unconsciously betray husband, child, native land, and all.
Sixth. All men are born equal, naked, without bonds. God did not create man to be a slave; nor did he endow him with intelligence to have him hoodwinked, or adorn him with reason to have him deceived by others. It is not fatuous to refuse to worship one’s equal, cultivate one’s intellect and to make use of reason in all things. Fatuous is he who makes a god of him, who makes brute of others and who strives to his whims all that is reasonable and just.
Seventh. Consider well what kind of religion they are teaching you. See whether it is the will of God or according to the teachings of Christ that the poor be succored and those who suffer alleviated. Consider what they are preaching to you, the object of the sermon, what is behind the masses, novenas, rosaries, scapularies, images, miracles, candles, belts, etc.,; which they daily keep before your minds; ears and eyes; jostling, shouting, and coaxing; investigate whence they came and whither they go and then compare that religion with the pure religion of Christ and see whether they pretended of observance of the life of Christ does not remind you of the fat milch cow or the fattened pig, which is encouraged to grow fat not through love of the animal, but for grossly mercenary motives.
Let us therefore reflect; let us consider our situation and see how we stand. May these purely written lines aid you in your good purpose and help you to pursue the plan you have initiated. "May your profit be greater than the capital invested;" and I shall gladly accept the usual reward of all dare to tell our people the truth. May your desire to educate yourself be crowned with success; may you in the garden of learning gather not bitter, but choice fruit, looking well before you eat because in the surface of the globe all is deceit, and the enemies sows weeds in your seeding plot.


All this is the ardent desire of your compatriot,
Jose Rizal

Subject: BEWARE OF CORRUPT EVIL POLICE COPS IN TORONTO, CANADA.


Author:
KHALED
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03/ 4/06 11:52pm PST

BEWARE OF CORRUPT EVIL POLICE COPS IN TORONTO, CANADA.

BEWARE AND EDUCATE YOURSELVES THROUGH THESE LINKS TO PREVENT EVIL DECEPTORS FROM ACTING SMART WITH YOU AND THROWING THEIR WEIGHT AROUND THRU CHEAP TECHNOLOGY AND BONELESS STOOGES.

BEWARE OF CORRUPT POLICE COPS IN TORONTO, CANADA. THEY BARGE INTO YOUR HOMES WITHOUT ANY WARRANT OR A WRITTEN NOTICE OR REASON, THEY COVER THE EYEHOLE OF YOUR DOORS, HAMMER AND THREATEN YOU TO OPEN YOUR DOORS AND THEN FORCE OPEN YOUR DOORS, BEHAVE IMPROPERLY CHEWING GUM AND LAUGHING SINISTERLY ON DUTY, THRIVE IN CONNIVANCE WITH YOUR NEIGHBORS, CREATE DISTURBANCE AND FEAR WAILING SIRENS AROUND WITHOUT ANY VALID REASON, JUST TO RETAIN THEIR
JOBS.

IF YOU QUESTION THEIR NONSENSE, THEY RESPOND AS FOLLOWS : "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?" THEY HAVE BEEN RETORTED WITH: "YOU MAY BE COPS, BUT YOU ARE NOT GODS."
AT OTHER TIMES WHEN THE COPS ILLEGAL ENTRY INTO PRIVATE PREMISES HAS BEEN QUESTIONED AND THE RESIDENTS DEMANDED THEIR NAMES OR BADGE NUMBERS, THE COPS REFUSE TO GIVE THEIR NAMES OR BADGE NUMBERS, AND IF YOU TELL THEM THAT YOU WILL REPORT THEIR ILLEGAL ENTRY INTO YOUR PREMISES WITH LADIES AT HOME AND AT UNEARTHLY HOURS, THEY SNEER AND RESPOND: "WHOM ARE YOU GOING TO COMPLAIN AGAINST US? WE ARE THE LAW, WE ARE THE COPS." THE ILLEGAL BEHAVIOR OF
COPS WHO THINK THEY ARE ABOVE THE LAW BUT ARE ACTUALLY WORSE THAN THIEVES, IS KNOWN BY MANY PEOPLE IN TORONTO, CANADA.

CORRUPTION THRIVES IN POLICE DEPARTMENT IN TORONTO, CANADA AS IT THRIVES ELSEWHERE IN CANADA. THE COPS PROCLAIM THEMSELVES TO BE GODS; HOWEVER, THEIR PERSONALITIES AND BEHAVIOR AND QUALITY REVEALS THEM TO BE THE WRONG TYPE OF PEOPLE IN THE WRONG SEATS, SAME AS THE POLITICIANS IN CORRUPT REGIMES. WHERE THE POLICE DEPARTMENT ARE INCAPABLE TO TREAT FOREIGNERS ON PAR WITH LOCAL CITIZENS, IT REFLECTS ON THE LACK OF BASIC UPBRINGING, ATTITUDES, HOSPITALITY, AND THE QUALITY OF THE SELF IN THOSE DEPARTMENTS, THE HUMANS RUNNING THOSE DEPARTMENTS, AND THE BASIC QUALITY OF THE NATION ITSELF.

TORONTO, CANADA IS FALSELY LABELED AS A FAST PACED ADVANCED COLORFULLY DIVERSE CITY TO THE OUTSIDE WORLD, WHEN THE INSIDE OF IT IS ROTTEN WITH THE SMELL OF RACIAL PROFILING OF FOREIGNERS AND INTER-RACIAL INTOLERANCE DUE TO UNEVOLVED SELVES RIDDEN WITH MATERIAL ARROGANCE, EGOS, JUDGING YOU BY WHO YOU KNOW AND HOW MANY YOU KNOW, I.E. YOUR SO CALLED TEMPORARY EARTHLY RECOMMENDERS, HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN IN CANADA, WHETHER YOU ARE A LANDED
IMMIGRANT, A PERMANENT RESIDENT, A CANADIAN CITIZEN, WHITE OR BLACK, CHINESE OR JAPANESE, MUSLIM OR ASIAN.

YOU ARE INVITED TO VISIT :

THE GREAT DECEPTION
http://www.911truth.org

POLICING THE POLICE AND THEIR EVIL STOOGES
http://www.copwatch.cjb.net

WORLD BUSINESS BULLETIN BOARD
http://bizbb.com/equalworldcurrencybusinessbulletinboard


YOU ARE INVITED TO CIRCULATE THIS INFORMATION TO OTHERS AND TO ADD ANY OTHER INFORMATION OR LINKS YOU KNOW TO PREVENT UNCHECKED ABSOLUTE CORRUPTION OF POWER.

Subject: Looking for My Old Pal


Author:
Phil Foreman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11/ 6/05 9:06am PST

Manuel Ramirez a USAF junior NCO stationed at Clark AB in 69/70 with the 463rd TAW. Has a sister named Sylvia who was a USAF nurse, Captain, who was also at Clark AB for a while. Any information greatly appreciated.

Salamat!!

Phil Foreman
www.ohiocampcooks.org

Subject: LYRICS PLEASE


Author:
CES
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05/16/03 3:56pm PDT

MERON BANG NAKAKAALAM NG LYRICS NG (IN LOVEANG GUY NATO SAYO PARE) CAN YOU GUYS SEND IT FOR ME...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!! THANK YOU.
Replies:

Subject: Need this for my project


Author:
Maricar Mansilungan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09/ 9/05 12:57pm PDT

Hi! I'm wondering if you can send me the lists of 3 famous physicists and their contribution/works. I'm currently in a senior class here in VT,USA. And were given aproject for a VUHS Physicist Hall of fame. And I want to nominate a filipino physicists. By the way I'm filipino..
Tnx.. I hope to have it soon.

Subject: Filipino Historical Mathematician


Author:
Nelia
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11/22/02 8:14am PST

Aloha!!! Pwede po ba nyo akong tulungan sa research paper ko regarding math. I'm a student and my research paper is about Historical Mathematician (Filipino). Sana naman matulungan nyo ako. Salamat :-)

Much Aloha,
Nelia
Replies:

Subject: filipino families genealogy


Author:
roy cabuenas batutay
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04/15/03 3:17am PDT

hi! can anybody send me info regarding the family history of filipinos,especially those with apparent european,non-spanish surnames that have been use before 1849.examples of surnames are my ancestors surnames like claudel, jagus,clarabal,catiil,cabuenas,labra,decinilla,batutay,etc.thank u
Replies:

Subject: Seeking Filipino Martial Arts Actor


Author:
C. Moore
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09/ 8/04 1:37am PDT

We are seeking either a Filipino national or Filipino-American male actor, late teens to mid twenties who has extensive training in the Filipino martial art of Kali and JKD and also is skilled in gymnastics. Must be good looking, good physique and strong martial arts background. Must have acting training as well. We are shooting a low budget film next year in and around Manila. Film is an action-martial arts film involving the Filipino art of Kali. Contact first at our email address. I am located in the United States but my business partner is an American film film producer located in Hong Kong. This will be an action martial arts film like "Ong Bak" but centers around Filipino Kali Death Matches. It will be a DVD title here in the states but released in the PI theatrically and other Asian countries.

Email me at: hbizshow@yahoo.com

C. Moore
Replies:

Subject: Filipino Inventor, Anos, Alfredo Sr.


Author:
Jon Almeida
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02/21/05 5:53am PST

Can you give me some information regarding the inventions of Mr. Alfredo Anos Sr.? He is an awardee of WIPO in the seventies and I can't find any information about him. Some of his inventions are exhibited at the Enchanted Kingdom. One inventions noteworthy of him is the 3D ads billboard we see on malls. I believe we as Filipinos should know this.
Replies:

Subject: daniel dingel filipino scientist


Author:
sel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08/ 9/02 3:15am PDT

pls... send me about life of Engr.Daniel Dingel and his picture. THANKS!!!
Replies:

Subject: Guitar chords


Author:
juliet
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02/ 6/03 9:12pm PST

Hi! pls. send me the guitar chirds of the ff. songs we will be using them in our school concert in March. Sumayaw, Sumunod; Tayo'y Magsayawan and Awitin mo at Isasayaw ko under VST. And also "Let the Joy Rise" by Abigail.
Replies:

Subject: SAM KU WEST...Hawaiian musician ..research project


Author:
Les Cook
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06/15/05 12:57am PDT

I am researching the career of Hawaiian musician Sam Ku West.He visited the Philippines December 1928 until March 1929.I am looking for someone who can visit the Umiversity of the Philippines,Diliman for me and study microfilm copies of the Tribune newspaper .The research will probably take 4 or 5 hours ...pay negotiable!

Subject: no recognition???


Author:
mistresKC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02/28/05 1:25pm PST

Mga pinoy! aren't you tired of them screening us out? I mean - even though the Philippines was an ally to America during the 2nd world war the only event mentioned that happened in the Philippines in my America history book was the Bataan Death March. That and that FIlipinos were cheap workers in the West Coast and were discriminated. I think our country deserves more glory than that. Jose Rizal, an outstanding person isn'even well known except in the Philippines.

When they say Asia - they think CHinese and Japaneses immedietely. Now, I have nothing agianst them but Asia isn't comprised of China and Japan - come on, I am so tired of being called Chinese here in America.

And I did extra study on Nativists - excuse me? America for Americans? Then how come our regions are still suffering for radioactive filth that American soldiers left behind?

I just recently read a VERY good website by R. Balboa - VERY good peeps (visit it when you get the chance!!!) and it mentioned that the FIlipino American war surpasses Vietnam wars in it's cruelty as helpless Filipinos were massacred and yet it isn't mentioned in any history books I have read so far. In fact the great MArk Twain even thinks of it as a GREAT VICTORY?!?

I just think that it is very unfair for all of us to sit back in the shadows when our country men have done extraordinary things and when our country is so freaking amazing. Ok, argue all you want about our economic stability but compare our country to other poorer countries we definitely have something to shout and sing about. At least we have treasures and talents in here - hindi lang nadidiscover ng iba.

Agh! It's so freaking frustrating talaga. Nakakainis na!
Replies:

Subject: FILIPINOS SHOW THE FINGER TO AMERICANS


Author:
EMMANUEL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05/19/05 9:13pm PDT


FILIPINOS SHOW THE FINGER TO AMERICANS
Replies:

Subject: Camile in 2005


Author:
Kishi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05/27/05 7:55am PDT

So, has anyone been following up on Camile this year?

She was signed to Motown Records.

In February, she headlined a concert in Honolulu.

In March, she appeared on American Idol.

In April, she performed & read at the Yeah Baby Expo in Anaheim, California.

This month, she's attended the American Idol finale (both days) and her presence was featured on all major news stations. She'll be on Fox News and KIIS FM today and sings the National Anthem for Arizona Diamondbacks on Saturday.

She'll be performing in Honolulu either June 3rd or 4th. Performs at a Filipino festival in July. Has two concerts in the Bay Area in August as well as a Filipino festival in Toronto.

Her album is releasing in the summer or fall.

Subject: please send me the brindis speech by rizal


Author:
Annette
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08/25/04 4:15am PDT

please send me a copy of brindis speech... i will do an analysis about it to be pass on the 30th of agust 2004.tnx
Replies:

Subject: Re: Tagalog/English - Free Language Learning Software


Author:
amir
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05/19/03 12:31am PDT

hi
i amir iwant learn english.
help me
amir
Replies:

Subject: Sharon Galvez: American Idol Season 4's Filipino Finalist?


Author:
Zhar
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02/ 1/05 3:18pm PST

Any info on Pinay singer Sharon Galvez of Las Vegas and JR Aquino of Alaska? I heard they are the "Camile and Jasmine" of AI this year.
Replies:

Subject: fly fishing in the Philippines


Author:
poppie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09/25/02 9:48pm PDT

Recently took up fly fishing. Anyone else in this country been fly fishing? Let's hook up and share info or gear. Not much in the way of resources for this sport here.
Replies:

Subject: Research On Cigarettes Companies In The Phils, Urgent


Author:
NakedFlame
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02/28/05 10:50am PST

My cousin have this important project
about all the Cigarettes company here in the Philippines
meron na sya un basic datas but
kulang pa sya nun mga importanteng info
that pertains to strategic planning, production, management & others
and shes runing out of time coz marami din syang projects sa ibang subjects nya

kaya shes asking my help if ever may kilala daw akong meron ng related datas
na pwede nyang idagdag para sa research nya
or any person working in such companies na pwede nyang ma visit and interview

any important datas related to her project
meaning any info about the following companies such as

Fortune Tabacco ( Champion, Hope, Winston )
Phillipp Morris / Malboro
Japan Tobacco ( Mild Seven )
Bristish American Tobacco ( Lucky Strike )
La Suerte ( Memphis )
Mighty ( new company yata ito eh )

deadline nya nito is Friday Morning ( March 4,2005 ) at 10:00am but pwede pang humabol yun iba but the sooner the better

we can talk online ( add me..my ym id is pruedane or

email me at diones_lair @ yahoo.com ( remove the spaces ) or pm me hir

dis goes for students whos doing similar or related research and those person who have any important datas that my cousin could include in her research

salamat in advance

Subject: any Pinoys or Pinays in Washington State??


Author:
Mary
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12/31/04 7:31pm PST

Hey guys, I was just wondering if any1 here is from Washington State.Just wanna meet some new friends!
Replies:

Subject: philippine cinema


Author:
belinda
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01/16/05 5:50am PST

Please give me a synopsis of the Philippine movies entitled "Collegian LOve"(1930) by Vicente Salumbides and "punyal na Ginto "(1933) by Antonio G. Sempio.I hope you can extend this favor as soon as possible (if possible by wednesday). thank you for your help, time, and effort. God Speed.

Subject: Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo's 2003 State Visit to the United States of America


Author:
Travel News
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05/19/03 3:35pm PDT



American President George W. Bush shakes Filipina leader Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo's hand in the White House's Oval Office this morning. The vertically-challenged acting Philippine president is in the US for a weeklong visitation for trade and anti-terror talks. She also met Pres. Bush at the White House in November 2001 on a working visit. This year's meeting, however, marks her first state visit, making her the third foreign head of state to pay such to the USA after Mexico's Vicente Fox in September 2001 and Poland's Aleksander Kwasniewski in July 2002.

Source: Yahoo News at http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/030519/168/442q1.html
Associated Press photo by J. Scott Applewhite
Replies:

Subject: MISSING


Author:
MICHILLE
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12/29/04 10:18am PST

hello i just need a help for a friend of mine whos looking her old best friend.she's here in united states and she miscommunicates her best friend with in 12 years ago and she needs help.if somebody knows about MR.AMANDO PANCHO from brgy.tuboso negros occidental please send us an e-mail at baby_butterfly_doll@yahoo.com and please let us know to how communicates his family.......thank you.

michell

Subject: STUPID LOVE LYRICS BY ANDREW E.


Author:
Ken
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12/ 2/02 12:47pm PST

yo can anyone get me the lyrics to STUPID LOVE by andrew e.
it is really a great song.. so email it to me please at Kenny2gm@yahoo.com or just chat with me filipino to filipino

Subject: This message board is very interesting...


Author:
godwin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12/19/03 1:08am PST

as I try to unlearn unproductive things Filipino, posters here are trying to learn all things Filipino. guess, as a pure Filipino and grew up in the Philippines, I need to sort out my learned culture to become more productive and those trying to learn the Philippine culture needs to learn their roots to fulfill their identities. i believe i would learn a lot from this forum...
Replies:

Subject: Liham sa Mga Kababaihan sa Malolos (Tagalog)


Author:
Graeme
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02/24/03 10:02pm PST

I am a foreigner who has learnt to speak Tagalog and am doing some personal research on the life of your national hero.
Could someone please send me a copy of Rizal's letter to the young women of Malolos in the original Tagalog. I would be happy to share with them other 'hard to find' information on Rizal and Philippine history. Please send to my e-mail address as soon as posible. Maraming salamat po.
Replies:

Subject: Re: Filipino Historical Mathematician


Author:
Jo-an
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01/14/03 12:56am PST

Hi! Gud afternoon po! I'm a high school student can pls give me all the list of Historical Filipino Mathematician and their contribution ksi po may research project po kmi dun sa math naghanap npo ako sa ibang mga site wala rin po pls email me back as soon as possible thnx po and more power!

Joan Dorotheo
Replies:

Subject: old Filipino movies-1930's and 1940's


Author:
ricardo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12/22/03 9:42am PST

I'm desperately looking where to find and obtain old Filipino classic movies of the 1930's and 1940's that were released from the old studios at the time like Sampaguita Pictures, LVN pictures and Premier Productions. Any help you can give or lead will be greatly appreciated and hopefully this will be a happy end to many years of enquiries. Thanks so much.
Replies:

Subject: filipino scientists


Author:
jennifer cerrafon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08/14/02 6:48am PDT

please send me the names of filipino physicists and their contributions.
Replies:

Subject: Philipine culture


Author:
Art
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09/13/04 11:02am PDT

People of the Philipines like Philipines the way it is now. No American change. Quote "If the Philipines is hell and the US make it heaven ,the Phlipine people would prefer hell with there own people. Any coments on this topic?

Subject: Filipino Ties daw sa US Congress?


Author:
Amina
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09/10/04 8:09pm PDT

Hoy mga pinoy... Nakuha ko to sa email ko.. Si Mike Gabbard daw, running for US Congress.. tingnan niyo yung website niya.. tapos may pinoy na kapamilya daw.

Araw ng magtulungan!

http://www.mikegabbard.com

> > Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 13:12:43 +0100 (BST)
> > From:
> > Subject: Fwd: Fw: Mike Gabbard's Filipino Ties
To:
BAKA Magkakaroon ng representative ang pinoy sa US
Congress!! sali na...forward to all your friends and
family.

> > Subject: Fw: Mike Gabbard's Filipino Ties
> > Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 10:06:44 +0800
> >
> JUST A FEW CORRECTIONS TO THE ARTICLE: 1) PHIL AIR
> FORCE (NOT ARMY)Col Antonio TAmayo Jr. and BRIG. GEN
> Antonio T. 2) GEN ABAYA WAS NOT JEFF'S CLASSMATE
>
> > Pretty awesome.. Check this out!
>
> >
> > Mike Gabbard has Filipino family ties
> >
> >
> >
> > Although many people in the Filipino
> > community know and support congressional candidate
> > Mike Gabbard, few realize that Mike has family
> ties
> > to the Filipino community.
> >
> >
> >
> > Gabbard, known and revered by many as
> the
> > leader of the fight to protect traditional
> marriage
> > in Hawaii, is married to Board of Education member
> > Carol Gabbard.
> >
> >
> >
> > Mike and his wife of 35 years have five
> > children. One of those children is Tulsi Gabbard
> > Tamayo. Tulsi’s husband Eduardo has deep roots in
> > the Philippines and is the son of Philippine Army
> > Col. Antonio Tamayo Jr. and grandson of Philippine
> > Army General Antonio Tamayo.
> >
> >
> >
> > Tulsi Gabbard Tamayo was elected as a Democrat to
> > the Hawaii State Legislature in 2002 at the age of
> > 21, making her the youngest person ever elected to
> > the Legislature in Hawaii’s history.
>
> > Shortly after the terrorist attack of
> > 9/11, Tulsi joined the Army National Guard,
> > determined to do her share to fight terrorism and
> > defend America.
> >
> > Tulsi has given up an easy reelection to
> > the State House and volunteered to go to Iraq with
> > the other brave men and women of the Army National
> > Guard, Hawaii’s 29th Brigade.
> >
> >
> > Mike Gabbard said, “Carol and I are very proud of
> > Tulsi, but as parents we’re also worried for her
> > safety. I’m asking all Filipinos in Hawaii to pray
> > for the safety of Tulsi and all of these brave
> young
> > men and women defending our country in the war
> > against terrorism.
> >
> > Gabbard said, “Having family in the
> > Philippines has made me all the more motivated to
> > change the immigration process that has made it
> > increasingly difficult for family members to visit
> > from the Philippines.”
> >
> > Mike said that when Tulsi’s family members in the
> > Philippines wanted to come here and spend time
> with
> > her before she goes to Iraq, they could not get
> > visas.
> >
> > “It’s ridiculous that illegal immigrants enter the
> > United States from Mexico every day while
> > law-abiding family members from the Philippines
> > aren’t able to come here for a short visit. That
> > needs to be changed and I will make sure it is
> > changed when I’m in Congress.”
> >
> > As a congressman, Gabbard will focus on
> > resolving the immigration problem, reducing the
> cost
> > of living in Hawaii, fighting drug use, and
> > continuing to work to protect traditional marriage
> > and make the family stronger.
> >
> > As a long-time educator and small businessman,
> > Gabbard will help focus Congress’ attention on
> > improving our schools and reducing the cost of
> > operating a small business.
> >
> > Gabbard invites everyone to visit his
> > website, http://www.MikeGabbard.com
> >
> >
> >
> > # # #
> >
> >
> >
> > Photo caption:: During a recent visit to the
> > Philippines, Tulsi met with Chief of Staff of the
> > Philippine Army, General Narciso Abaya, a former
> > classmate of Tulsi's father-in-law, Philippine
> Army
> > Col. Antonio Tamayo, Jr. From left-to-right,
> > Tulsi's husband Eddie, Tulsi, General Abaya,
> Tulsi's
> > sister-in-law Kaling Tamayo, and father-in-law
> > Antonio Tamayo, Jr.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ---------------------------------
> > Do you Yahoo!?
> > Win 1 of 4,000 free domain names from Yahoo! Enter
> > now.
> >
> > > ATTACHMENT part 2.2 image/pjpeg name=gen
> > abaya6.JPG
> >
> >
> > > ATTACHMENT part 3 application/octet-stream
> > name=gen abaya6.JPG
> >
> >

Subject: long lost person


Author:
kristine resulta
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08/25/04 3:36am PDT

my aunt (shirley resulta) had been looking for her ex-husband (reynaldo rabimbe) for many years.. she had no news when she got abroad.. they had a daughter named abby claire resulta. she only got few informations about him. my aunt was not sure about his father's name (jaime rabimbe). just e-mail me if you know this person at zierlich_chiyo@yahoo.com. your help will be highly appreciated. tnx.

Subject: Can I be ur friend?


Author:
Anne Smith
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03/20/03 2:27am PST

Hi!
I'm looking for a friend from the Philippines(Boy)and single. I'm a graduating student at California. Can anybody be my friend?
Replies:

Subject: Jordan Segundo


Author:
JawaiianBoi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06/29/04 4:02pm PDT

Aloha from Hawaii all! Just wanted to drop a line since I remembered that Jordan Segundo was talked about here when he was a contestant on American Idol #2. Well, if anyone is interested, I found his CD single online for sale!!!!! I know there are fans here....

It can be found at; http://www.booklineshawaii.com/music/mvh/040122.html

salamat!!!

-JB

Subject: Filipino Physicists


Author:
Jon-jon Dimagiba
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07/ 1/04 7:21pm PDT

Please give me names and their achievements as Filipino Physicists
Replies:

Subject: Jasmine Trias!


Author:
Chris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05/ 8/04 7:10pm PDT

My friend's cousin knows the Trias family very well. She lives in Mililani Hawaii, Jasmine's Hometown. I never got to meet her in person, neither did my friend, but my friend says he will ask the cousin to introduce me to her when she is done with American Idol and comes back to Hawaii. It will be a long wait because she'll be going on tour and she'll be traveling with the other contestants on American Idol . I wanted to get her a gift. I was thinking perfume at first. Then I was thinking what about a dress & some heels. Or maybe both. She isn't very tall but i need the right sizes for some clothes to pick out.I just need some facts about Jasmine so I can pick out the right stuff?
Maybe someone can give me some ideas?

Dress size?
Dress style? casual/formal

Shoe size?
Shoe style? I was thinking open toed? (high heels)

Type of perfume?
Replies:

Subject: inquiry re: English to Metric Conversion song


Author:
Theda Fresques
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03/26/03 7:05pm PST

I have been scouring the internet for this and don't know where to look anymore...
When the Philippines converted from the English to the Metric System, there was a TV spot with a very effective song. I need to find the lyrics. The first few lines were as follows:
"It's easy to change from English to Metric the secret is fun if you know it. So let's all convert from English to Metric. We'll do it and share it and show it!
Just multiply inches by..."and so on and so forth
thanks!
Replies:

Subject: love


Author:
ruthie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03/ 9/03 9:06pm PST

help me! how will my boyfriend love me as much as i love him
Replies:

Subject: very old filipino movies


Author:
jennifer reyes
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01/ 1/04 2:00pm PST

I am looking for old movies from 1955-1960 titled..."Hanggang sa dulo ng daigdig", "Ama namin" (not the one with christopher deleon) and "sisang tabak". I think Ric Rodrigo and Pancho Magdalona stars in some of them. It is believed to be under LVN and/or Premiere Productions. Can someone help me? My mother states she came out in those movies and I'm trying to surprise her with it for her 50th golden anniversary in June 2004. Thanks!
Replies:

Subject: old tagalog movies specially the movies of Ms. Susan Roces, Ms. Nida Blanca and Mr. Fernando Poe.Jr.


Author:
Schiello Andrea Castro
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10/ 8/02 12:22am PDT

I want to know where I can buy or see the "old tagalog movies" of Lino brocka. I want old tagalog movies specially the movies of Ms. Susan Roces, Ms. Nida Blanca, and Mr. Fernando Poe Jr. I want to watch "Maruja" with Ms. Susan Roces and "Patayin sa sindak si Barbara also with Ms. Susan Roces and other old tagalog films. I admire them so much specially the directors. Pls. let me know where I can find them or where I can buy them plssssssssssssssssss!!!! thank you!!!!!
Replies:

Subject: Gas Engine Turbocharger


Author:
Joseph Manaig
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12/24/03 7:31am PST

I am interested to buy the Magandang Gabi Bayan featured Filipino invention - Gasoline engine turbocharger. Kindly give me details where I can buy this and the Inventor's Name.

Thanks and regards
Replies:

Subject: Why Part-Filipino Singer Jordan Segundo Won't Make American Idol's Final Top 10 Cut


Author:
Fil-Am in Las Vegas, Nevada
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02/19/03 4:00pm PST

In my opinion, Jordan Segundo didn't live up to the stereotype that Filipinos are Asia's greatest vocalists (Italians of Asia, as American columnist Clarence Henderson put it). True, he got the looks but I wasn't impressed by his voice. He can't really sing powerfully if you compare him to the male vocalists back in the Philippines like Gino Padilla, Victor Wood, Martin Nievera, Gary Valenciano, etc., even when these guys were still in their youth. Hope springs eternal, though: With over two million Filipinos on Mainland America and with the help of "Bot por Diordan" (Vote for Jordan!) campaigns among Filipino-Americans on Internet message boards and mailing lists, as well as in guestbooks and various newsgroups, I hope he garnered the highest number of viewers' phone votes last night that will propel him to the finals.
Replies:

Main index ] [ Archives: 1[2]34 ]

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/filipinotrivia

Reference terms: Internet public forum, international meeting place, intelligent discussion, best opinions, interesting insights, comments on political/social issues, debate page for Filipinos, current events, Pinoy trivia, web buddies, people in politics, business update/updates, athletes, showbiz stars, movie actors and actresses, beauty queens, beautiful Filipinas, picture, popular Pinay singers, important science and technology reports, Filipino inventors, Filipina scientists, health/fitness/lifestyle/beauty pointers, Asian cuisine, American news, Philippines news, humor

[ Contact Forum Admin ]


Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.