VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]234 ]

Seamaster Club Banner
Welcome to The Seamaster Club message forum.
Return to Seamaster Club web site

Subject: air heater

Author:
Dennis Legge (Hopeful)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:41:31 20/10/2011 Thu

Hi Folks
I am planning to fit an eberspacher D4 to my "30" with 3 vents.
Any advice/experience on the best location in the boat ie engine room or saloon storage etc
Many thanks
D
Replies:
Subject: Re: Perkins 4108

Author:
Clive
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:36:58 12/11/2009 Thu

> My Perkins 4108 has finally died, big ends have
>gone, has anyone any suggestions as to wether its
>cheaper to have mine rebuilt or fit a recon one in my
>Seamaster 23?
> Would a different, more modern engine be a better
>path to follow?
> Any advice greatly appreciated.
>Steve

Hi Steve. How did you get on?? I now have the same problem but I am looking at a re-build. Any advice?
Replies:
Subject: Morning Tide

Author:
Paulene Hardy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:08:43 23/10/2011 Sun

My husband and I left UK in 1998 and emmigrated to S.Africa. The only heartbreaking loss was selling our 30' Seamaster which was moored at Penton Hook Staines. They were the happiest days of our lives cruising the Thames.The new owner took her on the Medway, anyone know of the current whereabouts of Morning Tide. Happy memories.
Replies:
Subject: SOUNDPROOFING ENGINE BAY

Author:
ALAN WOODHAM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:42:38 20/10/2009 Tue

I have just purchased a Seamaster 23 with a Perkins 4 107 engine. Has anyone had good success in soundproofing the engine bay and diesel and water tank compartments to reduce noise in the cockpit area. I have noticed there are many products available with varying prices. Can anyone recommend one which has given them success.
Look forward to a swift reponse in order that a conversation can be held at normal speech levels whilst cruising!!
Subject: raw water pump

Author:
Dennis Legge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:51:43 12/10/2011 Wed

Hi folks
I am the proud owner of a 1980 Seamaster 30 which has developed a drip at the pully end of the (jabsco) impellor housing. Any experience/advice on how to fix or where to find a replacement?
thanks
Replies:
Subject: Splutters & stops

Author:
Derek (Thanks to all)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:00:32 10/10/2011 Mon

Spluttering wortham Blake it was the coil just replaced & did a 3 hour trip.
Thanks to all
Subject: engine splutters & stops

Author:
Derek (Help)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:31:40 26/09/2011 Mon

I have a 17foot Sea Master with a wortham blake engine (ford 105E ) 1000cc. First time out this weekend after 20mins the engine spluttered & stops, After 20min engine starts then stops again after 20mins.Temp gage works & the engine was not hot. Any info would be a help
Replies:
Subject: Water pump

Author:
Alan Godfrey - "My Panache" (Happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:53:49 05/10/2011 Wed

Dear Steve. The joys of boating! I would try ASAP Supplies
based near Beccles. Their number is 01502 716993. They offer a postal service, have a 'helpline' and are really helpfull.
Hope this helps. Regards Alan
Subject: renown seamaster 30 crankshaft

Author:
steve jones (up and fighting)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:26:46 02/10/2011 Sun

Dear Alan My Panache

well it was the worst !! crankshaft totally split stress fracture
right inside big end No 4 Con rod however 6 big mates helped get engine out. 370 kgs of agony. now gone to very good engine doctor I had already bought re manufactured crank and con rods assuming the worst having got engine out internal water pump bearings knackered can you suggest source of new pump

kinest regards

Steve Jones
Subject: fuel sender

Author:
John couse
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:32:24 02/10/2011 Sun

Hi all
I have bought a new fuel sender for a seamaster 23. The problem i have the new sender is metric the tank is designed to take imperial fittings this makes the new sender flange to small is there a convertion kit can anyone help please.
Subject: Trailer set up for Seamaster 21

Author:
Peter Smith-Wright
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:26:43 21/09/2011 Wed

Hi there
I have bought a Seamaster 21, Becktons are building a trailer with keel rollers and side bunks (Cardinal 182).

My questions are:
1/. Would side bunks or rollers be better? and
2/. Any advice on what height to set the bunks or rollers at>

Many thanks in anticipation!

Peter
Subject: stern tube packing

Author:
paul
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:25:19 18/09/2011 Sun

hi the i have a seamaster 27 with a perkins 4107 in could any body tell me what size packing i need for the stern tube. also could any one tell me if u still can get hold of bildge keels. paul
Subject: renown seamaster 30 (1751)

Author:
steve
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:45:14 06/09/2011 Tue

It would appear we have cracked or snapped the crank shaft on our engine which is a thornycroft 154 2.52 Ltr engine I suspect we are going to need a lot of help sourcing crankshafts, big ends ,small ends etc any advice on suppliers would be gratefully received

steve renown medway
Replies:
Subject: engine problem perkins 4106

Author:
mick ridout (happy when boatnig)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:26:31 02/09/2011 Fri

port engine on seamaster 30 seems to stop when revs reach 1500. will start up again on retry. thought it might be fuel pump problem but someone has suggested it maybe govener setting. any advice welcome. If.
govener, how is it adjusted. DIY? or call an expert. ??
regards to all boaters.
Replies:
Subject: Selby Bridges

Author:
George
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:14:03 27/06/2011 Mon

Thanks Paul for the info it is very useful, I am going to try it but later in the summer when the weed has died down.
George
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 23 Engine

Author:
Dave Pitkin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:50:46 22/08/2011 Mon

I own a Seamaster 23 currently fitted with a Peugoet 2.0L diesel engine which is both noisy & at times difficult to start. I am looking to replace this engine this winter and would be happy to hear from anyone who knows of a suitable engine for sale.
Subject: Seamaster 925 - Dynafurl

Author:
Peter Bardell (Help)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:19:12 13/07/2010 Tue

HI,
Mareel has Sparcraft Twinsaty/Dynafurl headsail furling gear.
The Sails are Hood sails who may have supplied the furling gear.
The Halyard swivel bearing has failed and needs to be replaced.
We have taken the foil off the boat but cannot see how to detach the stainless
steel cylinder housing the bearing at the top of the foil - it appears to be
wedged internally and resin fixed to the top of the foil.
This cylindrical housing needs to be removed in order the take off the halyard
swivel assembly to enable the swivel bearing to be removed and replaced.
There appears to be no respnse from Sparcraft in Lymington. Do anybody know who
deals with this furling system that could advise and supply bearings??
Many Thanks,

Peter Bardell
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 23 fuel guage required

Author:
Tim Keeler
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:11:53 29/06/2011 Wed

Can anyone help. I am looking for a fuel guage for my Seamaster 23 that I am currently working on. Many thanks
Replies:
Subject: Engine Query

Author:
Debbie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:17:43 12/08/2011 Fri

We have a Seamaster 30 and have been advised we need to replace an Enfield 200 Leg - could anyone help please?
Replies:
Subject: Re Wire SM23

Author:
Terry & Debbie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:28:43 06/08/2011 Sat

We have just spent our first 2 weeks on the Thames with our SM23 "CARAVEL" she performed well apart from dirt in fuel in the first day, and i would like to update the wiring as there appears to be several wires disconnected, does anyone know where i can get a wiring diagram, i have a basic knowledge of wiring.

Thank you
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster23 Badge

Author:
terry & Debbie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:34:25 13/07/2011 Wed

We now have our Seamaster 23, i want to replace the "SEAMASTER 23" logo, does anyone know where i can find this badge??
Replies:
Subject: seamaster 23 galleons reach

Author:
barrie tupper
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:31:08 31/07/2011 Sun

can anyone help me please i have water collecting in the engine well ie if i looking into the engine from thr cockpit the left side gully collects the most and possibly mixed with oil any help apprieciated
Replies:
Subject: Seafarer 5 Instruction Manual Required

Author:
Burt Old
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:04:27 29/07/2011 Fri

Our Seamaster 27 is fitted with a Seafarer 5 depth sounder.
It appears to be in working order but we dont know how it works. Can anyione help us by e-mailing us brief instructions or by selling us an instruction manual. Any information would be gratefully accepted.
Replies:
Subject: Main Halyard to cockpit

Author:
Andy Dunbar
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:52:46 31/07/2011 Sun

I just wondered if any 815 owners had run their main halyard back to the cockpit and if so what plan they had used to do it? Thanks
Subject: Norfolk Broads

Author:
SandynDave
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:39:46 17/07/2011 Sun

Hello, We are considering moving our Seamaster 27 from the Great Ouze to the Norfolk Broads for a season or two. Has anyone got any recommendations for good moorings/marinas. The Great Ouze even in August is not particularly busy, I guess this is not the case with the Broads - are there quiet times and places? Many thanks
Replies:
Subject: Morse type control

Author:
Steve Hogwood (OK)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:49:36 09/07/2011 Sat

Can anyone tell me the make of the throttle and gearshift control that Wortham Blake used in the S.M 23 the only mark I can find is "patented" I have found one of the plastic bushes that fit into the control levers that the cables connect into is missing. Any ideas ? also I noticed there are several entries re the heads on the 23 I will also be trying to work out something soon. Steve.
Replies:
Subject: opening fromt window

Author:
lyndel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:28:50 26/07/2011 Tue

Hi there we are the proud new owners of a 1968 seamaster 25. As with all new boats there are a few things that we would like to change. Firstly the front windows in the cabin are of the fixed type but we have seen other Seamasters that have an opening window fitted and we were wondering if these were original items or if they have been retro fitted,if so where can we obtain one?
The other thing that we would like to change is the roof vents,preferably with a larger hatch. Has anybody done this on their boat and if so was it easily done?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Subject: large black flexible pipes in seamaster 30 engine compartment

Author:
Steve ( Renown 1751)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:27:59 06/07/2011 Wed

I`m thinking of fitting a bilge blower in our Seamaster 30`s engine compartment we have 2 Thornycroft 154 engines, I have noticed two large black flexible pipes that appear to run from the vents under the name plates and end up below the front of the engines . I`m sorry if this is a daft question but are these pipes to allow the engines to breath or let fumes out .I did consider using one pipe for the blower as an exhaust for hot air and fumes ,and the other to allow cool air in. any advice would be greatly received.

yours truly

Steve
Replies:
Subject: membership

Author:
Ron Luckman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:47:02 24/07/2011 Sun

Hi recently purchased and currently renovating a seamaster 27, my issue is the front sun visor is missing and would like to know where i could get a replacement??

Thanks very much,

Ron
Subject: pilot seats

Author:
john piercy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:23:04 03/07/2011 Sun

we have a seamaster 813 but the pilot seat is far to wide. it will not swivel round without touching the sides. i dont know if they are original, but does anyone know where we can get some new seats probably slimmer and ajustable.
thanks
Replies:
Subject: Steering Cable

Author:
jimmy dent
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:02:58 16/07/2011 Sat

Hi everyone,
Has anybody ever fitted a steering cable to a seamaster30,is it a hard job to do?
Thanks,
Jimmy.
Subject: Seamaster Captain 20

Author:
Colin Clarke (Curious)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:57:32 07/07/2011 Thu

I have recently bought this boat which is on the water and was built mid 70's as far as I know.
I am looking for a trailer to transport it but need a little more info about the bottom.
Can anyone tell me if there is any depth of keel under the bottom particularly at the stern end.
I am trying to establish the dimention between the centre rollers on the the trailer and the height of the wheels/mudguards. The depth of keel will obviously determine this dimention.
Thanks
Regards
Colin
Subject: 4-107 Engine Mountings

Author:
Paul W (Boneshaken)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:06:21 06/07/2011 Wed

Having had the prop. flexible coupling on my TMP gearbox ripped apart by picking up a barge mooring rope I am now going over the whole engine combo with a fine toothcomb. One engine mounting nut is slack and the mount looks a bit 'Heath Robinson'. I wonder if this has been a contibutary factor to the coupling's demise or vice-versa. The boat has always been a bit of rattle-can but I've put that down to the frugal and reliable but hellishly noisy Perky. Does anyone have a suggestion as to when to replace engine mountings? The boat (owned 6 years) is a 1975 8m but the present mountings do not appear to be original.

Thanks.
Subject: Boat called "Caravel"

Author:
Terry & Debbie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:55:26 05/07/2011 Tue

We are just in the process of buying our first boat, a Seamaster 23 called Caravel, we should take charge of her in 2 weeks time, does any one know the history surrounding this boat? i know she was owned by the same family since 1978, and been on the Thames for all that time, she is extremely clean inside although dated, just needs some TLC, we are spending 2 weeks on her cruising the Thames from the 23rd July, if you see us come and say hello!!!
Subject: Shall I buy Seamaster 23

Author:
Bob Roberts
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:56:03 25/04/2011 Mon

I am about to buy a Seamaster 23 for about 4,000 as a first boat. It looks as though it needs a bit of TLC but nothing serious.
Is it a good first boat?
Is that good value?
I plan to use it as a Thames and southern canal cruiser.
Is it suitable?
And if I wanted to take it to the Norfolk Broads from the Thames, how do I get there?
Thanks in advance
A Novice
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 23 Keelbolts

Author:
Ron Stewart
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:12:43 10/05/2011 Tue

Hi there,
I have a Seamaster 23 Sailer and it has been lifted out of the water for a repair to the rudder. I noticed some signs rust steaks coming from the top of the keel where it joins the hull. Is this a sign of slack or corroded keel bolts? Has anyone had experience of this and is it difficult to access the nut to check them?
Ron
Replies:
Subject: Locking fuel caps, Seamaster 30

Author:
Jack Guntrip
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:37:24 17/06/2011 Fri

Has anybody out there retro fitted locking fuel caps. It would appear that mine are 1.3/4" whereas most that are on the market are 1.1/2". I can find a device that might do, although they fit over but wish to retain the flush fitting variety.
Replies:
Subject: Message order

Author:
Ian
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:35:08 29/06/2011 Wed

We have been plagued recently by some rather pointless but annoying spam being posted to the Message Board. The messages are filtered out before appearing on the board but have as a consequence, some old messages are appearing on the top of the Board.

Currently, we have to resort to sorting messages by hand, which is time consuming. We are trying to find a better solution, but please bear with us in the meantime.

Thanks

Ian -Joint Moderator
Subject: Seamaster 30 purchase

Author:
Alan Godfrey (Happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:09:05 26/05/2011 Thu

Dear John. I am on my third Seamaster 30 (just luv 'em!) When purchasing I think the first thing to consider is whether she is a factory built boat. As you probably know a lot were fitted out by various boatyards and differ from the original. Whilst I am sure the latter are still great boats, they do not
retain the value of an original. If you have had a survey carried out this should point to any problems? A few have suffered from osmosis over the years and another problem can be leaking windows which if left unattended can cause damage to the bulkheads. I hope you are happy with your purchase. Mine is moored at Beccles and if you want to have a chat e mail me and I will send you a landline number. Happy boating! Regards Alan.
Subject: Selby Canal Bridges

Author:
George Mann
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:46:48 06/06/2011 Mon

I have a seamaster 30 high line with an air draft of 8 foot 6 inches and I am enquiring if I will be able to pass under the bridges on the Selby Canal. Any info gratefully received.
Thanks
George
Replies:
Subject: Windows

Author:
Jimmy Dent (Wet)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:07:38 14/06/2011 Tue

Help, Help,

I have a seamaster 30,and the back window in the bedroom on the inside of the boat keeps filling up with water. most of all from condensation.
Can anybody tell me how the water that gets caught in the channel of the window gets out, I cant see any where for the water to get out of the channel.

Thanks, Jimmy.
Replies:
Subject: Whereabouts of Cellini? Seamaster 23

Author:
Greta (Nostalgic)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:53:28 19/06/2011 Sun

Would anyone know the whereabouts of "Cellini" a 23ft Seamaster? My husband and I owned her in the early 1990's.
We gave up Cellini after retiring and moving to the South Coast. Now, owing to age and health problems we can no longer manage a motor cruiser. We have so many happy memories of cruising the Thames with Cellini and were just today wondering whether someone is still enjoying this lovely boat? The last time we saw her she was in dry dock at a marina in Maidenhead, Berks. Lovely memories.
Any news welcome.
Subject: take across the channel

Author:
mandy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:17:37 18/06/2011 Sat

Hi has anyone taken a seamaster 23 across the channel we are thinking of taking ours over next year2012 and i wondered what they are like on the sea we have only ever been on the rivers
Subject: Haven Knox Johnston

Author:
Steve and Gill Renown 1751
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:12:54 15/06/2011 Wed

Thanks to the Seamaster Club our annual insurance has been reduced by 13.76 well done guys ,we still retained our marina discount and Haven Knox Johnston did not take away our No Claims Discount despite a recent claim for a damaged canopy a great club and a great insurance company keep the good work up guys ! so glad we joined Steve and Gill Renown 1751
Subject: Bow thruster

Author:
Burton Old
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:41:56 08/06/2011 Wed

I have a Seamaster 27 and thinking of having a bow thruster installed. Before going ahead I was wondering if any other owners had encountered any problems with the installation? Any advice would be graetly appreciated.
Burt Old
Subject: hatches - seamaster 27

Author:
Kevin Clapham
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:53:39 20/04/2010 Tue

we have been searching for ages but have finally found a company that supply a clear alternative to the 12 x 12 inch orange perspex hatches on the seamaster 27. For anyone who wants to replace theirs the company is Marcle lesuire ltd, just search for them on-line
Replies:
Subject: Kestrel 22, known as Seamaster 23

Author:
Mario Tinge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:31:30 28/08/2009 Fri

Hi, my name is Mario and own a Kestrel 22 built by Seamaster in 1972 and is known as a Seamaster 23 I have been told. I live in Horning, Norfolk Broads and would like to get in contact with boatowners of similar ilk so we can exchange practical and sailing experiences.

Thank you Mario
Subject: seamaster 725

Author:
chris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:20:17 20/03/2011 Sun

Hi have just purchased a seamaster 725 approx 1980 year, does anyone know if the winderscreen can be converted to drop down. ?
Replies:
Subject: Electric outboard on a seamaster 17???

Author:
Cris beavers
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:13:10 30/05/2011 Mon

I have recently purchased a seamaster 17 with no inboard, does anyone know of a suitable electric outboard for it? Or what size petrol outboard is best? Or saying that where i'd be able to get a replacement twin cylinder nanni inboard from?
Subject: Fitting out a Seamaster 23 toilet

Author:
Martin and Wendy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:30:05 30/08/2010 Mon

Our Seamaster 23 cruiser toilet cubicle requires bringing up to 21st Century standards. It has the original washbowl on the left, with a (far-too high) raised platform for the obligatory porta-potti.

I would welcome to hear the experiences of others who have revamped the toilet of this craft or others. We would like to install a sea toilet (with a holding tank for pump-out in the bilge) and a shower.

Was the drop from toilet to holding tank sufficient, what size tank did you go for, did you use mermaid panelling (or similar), where can you purchase suitably sized shower trays, did you use a sump pump, how best to reduce the condensation issues, etc?? These are a few questions going around my head but any advice you can pass this way is welcomed. This will be a job for the winter, starting with removing the raised platform.

For info, we cruise the upper Thames.
Replies:
Subject: Throttle cable

Author:
Derek Puddick
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:08:48 28/05/2011 Sat

Hi, can anybody help ? ineed a throttle cable for a Seamaster 17 inboad Wortham blake. any sugestions please.
regards Derek.
Subject: squeeky floorboards

Author:
jimmy dent (happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:51:18 25/04/2011 Mon

Hi Everyone I have a seamaster 30 highline, and the floor boards going into the forward cabin are very squeeky, anybody got any ideas on how to tackle this one.

Thanks,

Jimmy.
Replies:
Subject: seamaster 30 purchase

Author:
john Boyce
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:16:31 12/05/2011 Thu

hello i am about to purchase a 1975 Seamaster 30 in norfolk
and have a survey and would appreciate if anybody could tell me anything that i should look out for
Thanks John
Replies:
Subject: Temerature gauge

Author:
Anne Pender
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:04:09 04/05/2011 Wed

I have a Seamaster 813 with a 1.8 diesel engine and I would like to know what the correct water temperature should be when she is running?
Replies:
Subject: replacing the calorfier on 8m

Author:
sandra reilly
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:07:22 30/04/2011 Sat

Sadly we have discoverd that our hot water cyclinder has burst and we cannot remove it from the engine hull to be repaired due to swelling. What can we do, we were hoping to get it welded or do we have to replace it completley.
Replies:
Subject: Pulpit

Author:
Derek Puddick
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:48:30 03/05/2011 Tue

Hi,ihave a seamaster 17. Does anyone know where i can get a s/steel pulpit. i have a steel one but it looks rubbish, cheers
Subject: Supply of electric to main cabin

Author:
Cari & Russell
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:30:45 28/04/2011 Thu

Ok I cant find the answers I need anywhere on the internet, so can anyone finally answer my question?

I have a seamaster 23 and have 2 batteries in the rear of the boat. 1x 12 volt 1x 240 volt but how do I connect something to it to give us electric in the galley/Living area? I appologize for maybe being rather blind in all this but I havent a clue what I am doing.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

It seems the previous owner failed to tell us anything about this boat, hence its all a guessing game.

The other question is I have a 'aquaflow' galley sink tap that does nothing. It appears to have a electric cable connected to it, but the knob turns round and round and nothing happens.I cant find anything to turn it on either. The fridge has been wired up and works, but there is no other electricty supply in the galley. As the wires are all at the back of the galley cupboards I dont know were to find this supply of electricity to the tap.

Can anyone shed any light on this type of tap? or shall I buy a new one and admit defeat!

Thank you in advance

Cari & Russell
Replies:
Subject: slight accident

Author:
Cari & Russell
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:00:35 21/04/2011 Thu

Does anybody know how we can get a replacement part for our seamaster 23 following a little accident last weekend. The part is a metal skirt that is attached to the wood on the rear sides of the boat.(By the door) Sorry bad discription.I am guessing it stops the rain from gettting in by the door side of the canopy as well as from the roof down. It is straight and then angled down. Can anyone suggest anything. We still have the metal but is very twisted and can bend it back as it very thick.

Thoughts?

any help is most appreciated.
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster cub

Author:
Mike
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:34:21 25/04/2011 Mon

Can anyone tell me, is this boat suitable for sea work ?
Subject: boat trailer weight

Author:
dave smith
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:07:15 15/04/2011 Fri

Hello out there. I own a 21ft seamaster grp semi plane cabin cruiser built in the 60's or early 70's.I need to trailer it from its present berth. I have searched around the internet and can't find any information on it (as a 21ft boat). The nearest I can get is a 23ft boat weighing 2 1/2 tons but this is certainly different (and bigger) than mine. I think it weighs in the region of two tons but am reluctant to buy a trailer without knowing . Can you help and tell me the proper weight please?
Subject: seamaster 23 edging streik

Author:
barrie tupper
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:27:20 09/04/2011 Sat

hi can anyone help please the wood is rotting on the edge is it possible to remove and replace with rubber or something simple my phone number is 01476 566891 thanks
Replies:
Subject: Carpet Adesives

Author:
Roy Howells (Help Please)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:05:43 31/03/2011 Thu

Hi
can any one tell me the best adesive for bulkhead lining carpet
Replies:
Subject: Bow pulpit

Author:
Bill
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:12:07 29/03/2011 Tue

Hi,
I am looking for a replacement bow pulpit for my seamaster 23 sailer.
Does anyone know of one for sale or a supplier who might have a pattern to make one.
Regards Bill
Subject: shaft seals replacement

Author:
Eddie Johnson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:45:07 21/03/2011 Mon

I own a Seamaster 23 sailer with a Bukh 10, when I am running the engine in gear I start taking on water. I am sure that the water is coming through the seals but I am at a loss as to what type of seals to get. I have no stuffing box but a direct oil feed to the drive shaft. I am not losing any oil through this.

What I need to know is what type of seals to but. My plan is to change the seals between tides so I have to have the correct seals otherwise I will be in trouble. Could someone also let me know where I can obtain these seals.

Please contact me on e-mail address as well as the forum.

edcjohnson@aolcom
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 23 Total Novice, needs help

Author:
Cari & Russell (Confused)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:41:02 19/03/2011 Sat

We have this week purchased a 1971 Seamaster 23, and as total novices who know absolutley nothing about this boat, or what does what!

We have looked at all the buttons on the Aft cabin and we dont what any of them do? When you buy a car you can purchase a Haynes Manual but with our lovely boat comes nothing. Can we get a manual or someone help us?

We dont even know where the water goes into the boat for the sink, or how the plumbed in toilet works. Not forgetting how we get lights to come on inside the boat.

Pathetic I know, but who does know how to use a boat for the very time without the whole thing being a learning curve. After all we are all human!

If anyone can point us in the right direction, it would be so appreciated and give us pleasure to use our lovely Seamaster.
Replies:
Subject: Winches for Seamaster 23 Sailer

Author:
Steve Walls
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:12:22 14/01/2011 Fri

Hi,
I'm looking at getting some new genoa sheet winches for my Seamaster 23 Sailer. I was wondering what size winch people would suggest for this. Does anyone use 2 speed winches? The best deal I seem to be able to find at the moment is on 16:1 2 speed winches. Has anyone managed to mount their winches and get 360deg movement? Where my old winches are mounted there is a stanchion and guardrail which get in the way.

Thanks,

Steve
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 27 - Mast Tabinacle

Author:
Jeremy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:26:43 12/03/2011 Sat

Does anyone know if these can be purchased complete or would I have to get one made up?

Many thanks for you help.

JB
Replies:
Subject: Window seal gaskets on a Seamaster 813 - what size?

Author:
Andy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:34:51 12/11/2010 Fri

The front windows and screen on my Seamter 813(both original "standard issue" fittings for the model) need some attention.

The rubber gaskets around the glass have started to seep (usual problem of the rubber deteriorating and becoming porous), so I've decided replacement is one of the jobs for this winter.

I'd really like to buy the replacement gasket before I remove and dismantle the windows so I can reduce the time they have to be removed.

So, wondered if anyone has done this and knows what size the gasket needs to be?

I've found what I think is suitable at Seaglaze

http://www.seaglaze.co.uk/spares/gaskets/s_41_screen_gaskets_for_5mm_glass.php

Has anyone done this job before and know for certain what size gasket is needed?

Andy
Replies:
Subject: SEA COCK (BOLTS) FOR STRAINER seamaster 30

Author:
Mark Stockley
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:09:19 05/03/2011 Sat

Can anyone help I have a 1974 Seamaster 30, when turning the seacock back on, two of the four bolt,s have broken to the seacock straining unit, doe,s anyone have any idea,s or poss anyspares. Thanks Mark.
Replies:
Subject: Hooded Chain pipe on Seamaster 23 Sailer and "Help"

Author:
Rodger
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:42:26 20/09/2009 Sun

I bought a 1974 seamaster 23 sail cruiser about 5 weeks ago. I would like to replace the Chain pipe which is missing its hood. Chandlers only seem to be able to supply ones too big and without the mating piece below decks. Anyone help.

More importantly though as a sailing novice I am finding she will sail on a Port tack quite well about 45 degrees away from the wind however she will hardly sail at all on Startboard. She has a shortened mainsail apparently to try to balance her however this occurs mainly if I only have the genoa out.

Any help gratefully received

Rodger
Replies:
Subject: Triangular wooden rubbing board(each side at rear of boat( sorry not sure what they are called)

Author:
Aubrey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:59:41 07/03/2011 Mon

Can anyone tell me what kind of wood these are made out of and if there is a supplier anyone knows of,Thanks
Aubrey
Subject: seamaster 813 things to look for when surveying ?

Author:
steve elliott
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:15:46 07/03/2011 Mon

hi folks .im in middle of negotiations to buy a seamaster 813 equipped with a perkins 4-108 and gearbox attached to back of it. i am having it lifted out of water on wednesday .
i have only owned outdrive equipped boats before, so am not sure what to look for with rudders and prop shafts etc .any help would be greatly appreciated.It hasnt been out of water for 10 yrs! so am expecting some corrosion as anodes are obviously long gone
Main index ] [ Archives: [1]234 ]
Thank you for visiting The Seamaster Club Message Forum. If you find this interesting, and own a Seamaster boat, why not join the Seamaster Club. Application details are in the club section of the web site.
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.