VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]

Seamaster Club Banner
Welcome to The Seamaster Club message forum.
Return to Seamaster Club web site

Subject: replacement hatch

Author:
sue smith
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:29:01 08/06/2008 Sun

we have acquired a seamaster 28 commodore called poppy which we are renovating. We need to get a new cover for the front hatch 560mm by 395mm. It seems impossible to find one and would be grateful for any suggestions.

regards,

Sue.
Replies:
Subject: Age of a Jaguar 27

Author:
Vince Hall
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:46:11 03/08/2008 Sun

I am trying to find out when my Jaguar 27 was built. The hull was moulded by Seamaster and has the hull number 5268.

I'm assuming that Seamaster numbered their hulls chronologically and not by model type.

This being the case would and of you membership records be able to place a date on this hull number?

Many thanks,

Vince.
Subject: Centre of gravity SM23S

Author:
Michael
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:37:09 25/07/2008 Fri

Help? I need the centrepoint of gravity from my Seamaster Sailer 23 (lifting keel) for trailertransport. Sorry for my english anamba@aon.at
Thanks,Michael
Replies:
Subject: z drive hendield

Author:
humeniuck
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:40:46 30/06/2008 Mon

bonjour
sur mon z drive, le joint en caoutchouc commence a etre usé, ou puisje en commander un car je vis pres de liege en Belgique??
est il facile a changer??
merci de vos reponses.
amicalement,georges
Subject: Article in July Sailing Today

Author:
Colin Vinson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:14:34 28/06/2008 Sat

Nice article in July's Sailing Today on Seamaster 23 sailer
Thanks to David Cooper for letting me know Regards CV
Subject: Gelcoat color

Author:
Hallgeir Aronsen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:46:19 10/06/2006 Sat

Last year I baught a Seamaster 925 1977, the only one in Norway i Think :-) There are some minor holes and scratches in the gelcoat and I want to repair it. Anyone out there who know the color code on the gelcoat used on this Seamster model?
Replies:
Subject: New Seamaster 925 Yahoo Group

Author:
Jonathan Lovett
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:26:28 13/02/2007 Tue

Any owners (or other admirers) of Seamaster 925 Sailers (and variants) are invited to join a new Yahoo group. Set up only this week but growing rapidly. A good place to share information, ideas, mutual admiration (of the boats of course). Already you can find copies of the original Seamaster brochures for the 925 as well as photos of members boats.

Anyone intersted should e-mail the group moderator, Ed Wijninga: erwijninga (at) y a hoo.com (remove spaces, replace (at))

Jonathan
Replies:
Subject: need help on how to remove back windows on seamaster 30

Author:
mary condron
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:20:22 09/06/2008 Mon

first time boat owner could anyone help on how to remove back windows on a seamaster 30 and how do you remove the lip at the back to get at the windows
Subject: Generator

Author:
Robert Picot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:46:04 28/05/2008 Wed

I'm considering installing a petrol generator on my 813 and wondered if anyone has done similar and could offer advice on a suitable type, location on board and safety considerations regarding the Boat Safety Licencing. Many thanks.
Subject: Seats in wheelhouse of 23 cruiser

Author:
Donna Black
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:42:57 27/05/2008 Tue

Hi recently bought 23 cruiser. The boat is in need of TLC can anyone send me some pics to give me suggestions for backseat in wheelhouse - is it in sections? hindged for storage? any advice would be appreciated.
Replies:
Subject: Parts for Perkins

Author:
Alan Smith
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:15:55 07/05/2008 Wed

There's a company called DiPerk, based in Peterborough, who are excellent if you want genuine Perkins parts. Their web address is: www.diperk.co.uk.

Provided you can give them the engine number, they'll almost certainly be able to supply what you need.

Best wishes,

Alan
Subject: Sailer 23 DROP KEEL HOUSEING

Author:
JONATHAN JOY
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:17:07 20/04/2008 Sun

Hi I keep my sailer on a mud mooring that dries out. I noticed recently that as it grounds, water is pushed up through the drop keel cable hole. I assume this is due to the mud being pushed into the keel housing and creating pressure. Has any body else experienced this and if so is there a simple solution eg a seal to put around the cable ??
Replies:
Subject: Aquaflow Taps

Author:
Richard
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:15:41 04/04/2008 Fri

Hello,
I have a Seamaster 925 fitted with an 'Aquaflow' fresh water system. I believe it may be the original system, so theres a chance other seamasters have the same fittings.

A few weeks ago I decided to remove and clean the heads tap. Whilst removing the securing nut underneath the tap, it cracked in two as it was so corroded.

I'm having problems finding a replacement nut, as all those I've found have a different thread.

Does anyone know of somewhere that could supply a spare? Or even what standard the large thread underneath the tap is made to, (UNC, UNF, BSP etc) to help me in my hunt.

Thanks
Ric
Replies:
Subject: Headlining the cabin on a 25

Author:
Alan Smith ((mucky old duck))
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:54:10 13/03/2008 Thu

Have any of you tackled the ucky job of headlining the cabins? My brother and I are going to have to take the linings down on our Admiral and, although we may be able to replace the old ply linings, it might be the right moment to 'do it properly'. We'd appreciate and hints or tips.

Best wishes,

Alan
Replies:
Subject: sea toilet in a 25

Author:
matthew
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:49:41 04/04/2008 Fri

Hi,
has anyone fitted a sea toilet, any advice ?
Subject: seamaster 30 glow plugs

Author:
larry seagroatt (help)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:46:17 19/01/2008 Sat

my seamaster 30 is fitted with twin 154 2.5 thorneycrofts
and the manual (orig) states heater plugs as "Champion AG 32A" does anyone know the equivalent to these as x3 dealers have not been able to cross reference for an alternative.
many thanks.
Replies:
Subject: Window Sliders

Author:
Gary S
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:33:06 28/02/2008 Thu

I want to renew the liner in which the windows slide. Mine have gone rotten in places due to age. Does anybody know what it is called and where to get it from?
Replies:
Subject: correct grade of oil for a Perkins 4107

Author:
Ray
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:33:45 22/02/2008 Fri

Can anyone tell me the correct grade of oil for a Perkins 4107 and a good place to buy it.
Replies:
Subject: Mainsail for Seamaster 23

Author:
Eddie Johnson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:12:06 11/01/2008 Fri

I bought a Seamaster 23 just before Christmas, and have only started sailing it within the last week. The question I have is what is the exact dimentions for the mainsail. The sail I am using stops well short of the end of the boom, which makes me think it is not the correct sail for the boat.
Replies:
Subject: Fuel Tank 27

Author:
Peter Allday
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:04:03 28/01/2008 Mon

As part of the BSS I have been told to alter the feed for my diesel BMC from the bottom of the fuel tank to the top.
Has anyone else done this and if so did they need to add a pump? Any addvice would help for at the moment I seem to be ruining a boat that has run pefectly well for 30 odd years. Thanks Peter
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 27

Author:
Chris Webb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:14:07 20/09/2007 Thu

I am after any information on a seamaster 27, name Capri, currently on the river trent but believed to be from the Poole harbour area. It has a 2 litre Mercedes Benz on a shaft drive aproximate year of manufacture 1970.
Replies:
Subject: 27 gearbox

Author:
Rick
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:24:08 04/07/2007 Wed

I have for sale a good gearbox removed from a seamaster 27
Replies:
Subject: How are windows fitted on Seamaster 23

Author:
Mike Thompson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:32:20 06/12/2007 Thu

I am trying to find out how the cabin aluminium window frames are secured in place on my Seamaster 23. On the outside there are screws along the bottom edges but none along the top. I am assuming that the upper ones must be inside under the wooden capping around the headlining (which is cloth on my boat). Can anyone confirm if this is so? If I remove the cappings to gain access will I lose the tension on the headlining?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Replies:
Subject: Sailer 23 mast footing

Author:
Simon Shaw
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:47:30 04/01/2008 Fri

The mast footing for my Seamaster 23 is breaking up. This is the part that goes into the mast itself and is then screwed to it, the mast footing then bolts to the base plate that is attached to the deck. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement (for just the footing ideally but the whole thing if necessary)? If not is it possible to get one manufactured?
Thanks very much for your help on this
Regards
Simon
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 45 ketch 1979

Author:
Robert Dismuke
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:30:09 10/01/2008 Thu

Please respond if there are any other owners of this good old boat interested in an exchange of ideas or info on this boat. It seems to have been based on a Bruce Roberts 45 design, but I am not sure. If you are buying one, watch ut for blisters concealed by bottom coat. Even a good survey didn't pick it up. It can be repaired, but I suggest deduct 10K from offer price.

Positives: I am a new to sailing owner and am having fun with this, my first sailboat. It is a little hard to single hand, but the autpilot helps when I have to run forward.

boat name "Seeker" Saint Augustine Florida
Replies:
Subject: River Boating Forum

Author:
selena carnell
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:13:57 30/12/2007 Sun

I thought i would let people know about a Boating forum i have set up, It is for all boaters river and offshore.
i thought it would be good for all boaters to have somewhere to chat and discuss.
It is only a couple of months old but is gaining new members all the time.
Look forward to seeing fellow Seamaster Owners there.
We are Seamaster Club members.

www.riverboatingforum.com
Subject: Deck finish on a seamaster 20

Author:
Maj
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:01:29 27/12/2007 Thu

My deck is in a sorry state and will need repainting for next year. As this will only be my second season is there any prefered products or finishes?
Subject: Inquiry from Italy

Author:
Rehberger B. (mediteranian)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:00:01 21/12/2007 Fri

I have a boat similer to Catalina 27. On the metal plate is written: ½SAEMASTER LTD DUNMOW ENGLAND No 5671 SEAMASTER BOATS½. Anybody can halp me to find out the year of construction ?
Thank you.
Replies:
Subject: Replacing a starter motor - any help/advice?

Author:
Jan & Haydn Price
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:55:20 10/12/2007 Mon

Hi We are very new members to the Seamaster club and already we need assistance! We have a Seamaster Commodore 28 and have recently discovered a dodgy starter motor.

This we found to be in a really awkward place and had to loosen off two bolts holding the engine in place to free it from the bottom. There the task ended - for now at any rate as we could not remove it. There appears to be some sort of spring thing on the end. This is preventing the shaft from being removed - so now we are stuck!

First Q - how on earth do you get it off without mutilating hands and other crucial parts (of the boat that is)!? We thought we may need some sort of spring compressor, but where does one get such a thing?

We await a knight in shining armour - or whoever might be able to shed light on the problem.

Very best regards
Jan & Haydn (Grt Ouse)
Tarka Dal
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 30 highline/lowline

Author:
David Taunt
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:05:37 03/11/2007 Sat

Sounds pretty obvious really but could someone please advise me on the difference between a Seamaster 30 Highline and Lowline. I would assume this is air draft but by what and how much?
Thanks
David
Replies:
Subject: Summer moorings mid Thames prefferred for 23s

Author:
David Cooper (Looking hopeful)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:56:06 11/09/2007 Tue

HI THERE, DOES ANY ONE KNOW OF A SUMMER "MOORING in the mid Thames areas,FOR MY 23S YACHT, "MOONBEAM" , WE CURRENTLY USE A mooring at STAINES SC BUT WOULD LIKE A CHANGE OF LOCATION NEXT SEASON (08)
ALSO Wanted a furlable mainsail for use in mast furler in reasonable price & condition, I understand the battens need to be vertical.
Also has any one got a setof suitable legs for drying her out on hard ground, need to be easy to deploy & recover, again price & condition please

Regards David Cooper
01252 628250,
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 27 general tips

Author:
Alan Law
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:27:35 04/06/2007 Mon

Hi all.

I've decided It's time to upgrade from my current weekender to a Seamaster 27. As these boats are getting on a little, I was wondering if those in the know could give me an idea of the potential trouble spots to look at.

This is not intended to replace a survey, but more to make sure I get the right boat surveyed first time.

Thanks in Advance.
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 27 Bow Roller

Author:
Ian D. Bennett
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:17:25 27/11/2007 Tue

Hello All,

I've recently bought a Seamaster 27. I am looking to fit a Bow Roller as there has never been one fitted to my boat. I have looked at other Seamaster 27's and observed many different makes of bow roller, however the majority seem to be a 'Sowester'. Can anyone tell me what was fit originally please? Or, has anyone fit a bow roller to their Seamaster 27, and if so which one did you choose please?

Any help is gratefully received,

Ian.
Replies:
Subject: Diesel Leaks

Author:
Paul Whitehead (Nausius)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:06:54 26/10/2007 Fri

Being a caring and dutiful owner I removed the injectors from the 4.107 in my 8m last winter and had them properly serviced. Since refitting I have spent all season trying to cure the leaks from the banjo connections on the tops of numbers 3 & 4 as well as other joints that were disturbed. Have tried new copper washers (twice), various sealants, paint and even superglue to try to cure them but it's still diesel out / air in! Has anyone a suggestion as to how to turn our pongy old tub back into the sweet-smelling boat she once was?
Replies:
Subject: Stantion bases on Seamaster 925

Author:
Jonathan Lovett
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:30:29 03/11/2007 Sat

Has anyone replaced stantion bases on a Seamaster 925? If so (a) how did you remove the old ones - I managed to get the nuts off the bolts that run thru the toerail and the base, but I can't remove the bolts and the stantion seems immovable. And (b) where did you find replacements?

Thanks

Jonathan / Aeolus
Subject: Help/Advice/Plans wanted for Seamaster 23 Cruiser please

Author:
vic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:28:06 29/10/2007 Mon

Could anyone please help with plans for a Seamaster 23. I am hoping to do a complete refurb and would appreciate any plans or photos. Any general advice on fitting engines and drive-units etc would also be handy. Many thanks
Subject: Hard top to soft top conversion for seamaster 30

Author:
David
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:28:10 25/10/2007 Thu

We are looking to move on from our much loved 813 to a 30 but it appears that soft top versions are few and far between.(Grand Children!!!) We need to get under 'that' bridge on the Thames at Oxford (Osney). Has anyone been brave/or daft enough to attempt a conversion from hard to soft top along with drop down windows, and what are the implication... If indeed, it is possible!
Would appreciate any advise please. (Unless you have a soft top for sale??). Final question... Where would I get it done??
Thanks in anticipation..
David
Subject: SM 813 need replacement wipers

Author:
Brian
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:32:43 17/08/2007 Fri

Hi I need to repair or replace both my wipers (complete units) on my SM 813. Can anyone suggest somewhere in the UK that can do this or supply a replacement.
Replies:
Subject: Re: Perkins 4.108

Author:
John Lamb (Remember what B.O.A.T. Means?)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:30:25 23/10/2007 Tue

>Does anyone know of a reasonably priced agent where I
>can purchase two complete gasket kits for my Perkins
>engines as here in Southampton every agent is priced
>so high, and I've heard that things are cheaper the
>further north you go, can anyone help?????

BOAT = Break out another thousand. dollars that is.

I just rebuilt my 4.108 and after a lot of looking for rebuild kits I decided to bite the bullet and buy Perkins parts form TAD. They do cost more but my machine shop said it will be worth it in the long run. I did not want to go thru pulling the engine again. If you are near Mobile Alabama I can recommend them to you. You can contact me at 251-751-0222 They rebuilt my engine for $850.00 Plus $853.00 for rebuild kit from TAD.
Good Luck,
John Lamb
Subject: Spray Hood for Sailer 23

Author:
David Cooper (hopeful)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:19:38 17/10/2007 Wed

I am restoring Moonbeam, sail no 242, and she needs a new spray hood.

The hood support bars are in good condition but there are no fragments of the original sprayhood to use as a template.

Help!! does anyone know who can supply a suitable unit, please

Grateful! David
Replies:
Subject: seamaster 30 battery upgrade coil question

Author:
Ian Q
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:47:58 15/10/2007 Mon

I am upgrading to add a second battery bank on my Seamaster 30 and installing a splitcharge to supply equal charge to both sets. The original configuration has some sort of coil / balance resistor on the return from the alternator. Can any one explain its function and can I remove it when installing a moden split charge unit that regulates the current? Any advice/help very gratefully received.

Thanks for reading

Ian Q
Replies:
Subject: Perkins diesel parts

Author:
Alan Smith
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:38:24 09/10/2007 Tue

Hi gang.

The Perkins 4107 diesel on our new boat needs a new set of injector pipes. Does any of you know of a supplier? It's going to cost a pretty penny to have the old ones copied.

Any help will be gratefully received.

Alan
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 27 - Engine Water Leak From Core Plug

Author:
Roger Andrews
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:24:50 28/09/2007 Fri

I have a small water leak - drips coming from below where the engine and gearbox are bolted together. From past experience on a Freeman this has been the core plug behind the flywheel. My engine is a Ford 115E petrol coupled to a Hydrive gearbox. My question is - does the engine have to be lifted to get at the lower bolts connecting the engine to the gearbox?
Also can anyone recommend an engineer or boatyard on the Northern Rivers of the Norfolk Broads to do this work?
Regards Roger Andrews [Wishbone]
Replies:
Subject: sea master cub 17\20 ft.

Author:
gerry mc garrigle
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:54:29 09/10/2007 Tue

Looking for one steel frame and canopy for a 17/20 ft Seamaster Cub
Subject: Rev counter cable

Author:
Ian
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:07:21 01/10/2007 Mon

I need to source a rev counter cable for a 1979 Seamaster 813 with fisherbouy engine any suggestions where I might find one?

Ian Q
Subject: Jabsco Raw Water Pump 4900-200

Author:
Richard (Water pump)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:10:50 16/09/2007 Sun

My water pump is leaking through the grease caps i have filled them with grease twice but still leaks any suggestions....
Replies:
Subject: Borg Warner gearbox oil

Author:
Alan Smith
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:42:37 22/09/2007 Sat

Hi Gang,

What oil should I be using in our Borg Warger Velvet Drive 1:1 gearbox?

Best wishes,

Alan
Replies:
Subject: rev counter cable

Author:
dennis legge (isboatingboring)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:27:56 12/09/2007 Wed

Hi
My Seamaster 30 has a broken cable between the Smiths rev counter and the 2.5 BMC engine.
The cable is approx 7 ft long (longer than that for cars)
Does anyone know a supplier/manufacturer?
Thanks
Replies:
Subject: Webasto H32 diesiel heater

Author:
Mick
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:19:59 23/09/2007 Sun

I switch the heater on when i arrive at the boat and it fires up,then it runs and then when you switch off again and then try later on to re fire it dosent want to work.I have had fully charged batteries and it just dosent want to know.Any one with any ideas as to what the problem could be please get in touch thanks Mick
Subject: SEAMASTER 30

Author:
Keith Perry
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:41:28 22/09/2007 Sat

Dear reader
I have reciently purchased a Seamaster 30 motor cruiser, oct 2006, and in the proscess of refurbishment have come stuck on some of the specifications eg;- windscreen motor type / types. Other eg would be best type of fule,water,waste guages to fit, preferably three in one type.
If any one reading this would have any suggestions as to, how and where I could go to solve these problems, I would be very greatfull.
Looking forward to hearing from you
Sincearly Keith
Subject: Sliding window seals - seamaster 30

Author:
Dennis Legge ((is boating boring?))
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:22:34 06/09/2007 Thu

Can anyone please identify a supplier source for window seals on the sliding windows.
Many thanks
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster badges

Author:
Alan Smith
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:27:10 29/08/2007 Wed

Is it possible to obtain new Seamaster metal badges, to attach to the cabin sides? Ours are very scruffy.

Alan
Replies:
Subject: Petrol Fumes

Author:
Gary Sharman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:11:57 28/08/2007 Tue

We have just completed our first trip in a Seamaster 27 fitted with a Wortham Blake petrol engine. There are petrol fumes in the engine bay which filter into the back locker and cabin. Is this normal? To what extent should there be fumes? I have checked for leaks and found none but there is a drip tray under the carb / air filter that seems to have collected petrol. It doesn't seem right to me. Comments would be welcomed.
Replies:
Subject: prop size

Author:
andy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:11:00 27/06/2007 Wed

Anyone Know what is the maximum diameter propeller you can fit to the seamaster cadet/admiral please and indeed if anyone has one to sell
Replies:
Subject: 820 stemhead roller

Author:
Mike Eastwood
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:55:29 14/08/2007 Tue

I am trying to locate a stemhead roller for my 820 as the other one when I bought this boat recently had been sheared off in a accident. The fixing holes (3) are still usable can anyone help?
Subject: Flying Seamaster 23

Author:
Phil Belli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:11:29 11/08/2007 Sat

Brilliant picture of "Vino Calypso" stranded high in the air on its mooring posts. Its in todays Guardian on page 19 (Sat 11th August) Is the owner on this site, and has he any comment!!
Phil
Replies:
Subject: seamaster 87 water tank

Author:
Murfitt
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:09:04 31/07/2007 Tue

Our water tank has rusted through!! We're new to all this! Where do we get a new one we've been advised to get a stainless steal one made up, and what sort of job is it to get the old one out and a new one in?
Replies:
Subject: Commodore 28 interior

Author:
Haydn & Jan Price
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:04:08 16/01/2006 Mon

Do any owners have pictures or plans of the original Commodore 28 interior? Our boat looks like she's had a few modifications and, since we're doing a fairly major overhaul to sort leaks etc. thought it would be nice to get her looking original(ish) again. Interested in all areas - aft cabin, helm, head and main cabin. Many thanks.
Replies:
Subject: Cockpit cover fastenings - Seamaster 23

Author:
Greg Wilkinson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:39:32 23/07/2007 Mon

My cockpit cover is fixed using 'lift-the-dot' studs. The studs are secured to the windowframe by screwing (machine screw thread) them in to 15mm tubes which fit into the holes in the frame. These tubes are shaped like bullet shells and recieve the studs securing them to the frame. (The tube goes in to the hole from the inside of the frame and the stud screws in from the outside). Does anyone know where to obtain replacement tubes please. My boat is 30 years old and these tube fittings are perishing. I've tried 'Lift-the-dot' suppliers but the tube fittings appear to be out of production. Any help will be appreciated.
Subject: BLUE SIDE STRIPE

Author:
ALAN NEWTON
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:30:35 20/07/2007 Fri

Does anyone know the navy blue colour paint code, and where to obtain it from, of side flash used on Seamasters?
I have a 1980 813.
Regards Alan Newton.
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster Sailor 23. Exhaust System

Author:
Thomas Sweeney
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:20:36 26/06/2007 Tue

On my Seamaster 23 sailor I have a Bukh 10 engine. The exhaust exits the engine on the starboard side through a 90 degree cast iron elbow c50mm diam,female threaded one end and having a plate for bolting on other end. It then goes into a " cooling box" c450mm long x 75 x75mm box section through which the steel exhaust pipe passes. This is followed by the flexible rubber type exhaust pipe through to the transome.This cooling box takes the cooling water from the engine and disposes of it through the flexible exhaust and through the transome.My query is are other SM23Ss the same arrangement,why is the cooling box there,has anyone replaced it and can it be done without??. Many thanks. Tom
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 25 For Sale

Author:
David Overy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:25:45 15/07/2007 Sun

For Sale: Seamaster 25 1967 moored on the River Thames in good condition.

Price: £6995 o.n.o

Contact dovery@supanet.com
Subject: PETROL ENGINE IDLE SPEED

Author:
GARY SHARMAN (Too fast!)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:46:21 13/07/2007 Fri

I have just purchased a Seamaster 27 with a Wortham Blake/Ford petrol engine. Tickover seems too fast and when put into gear the lowest revs I can achieve is 4000rpm. The rev-counter has a needle set at 3000rpm. What revs do I need? Am I best to check & adjust the throttle cable and/or adjust he idle speed on the carb?
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 27 cabin hatches

Author:
Mike Martin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:27:45 09/07/2007 Mon

I recentley had my Boat Safety Scheme carried out by Club member Paul Killick, and very good he is too, but in conversation he mentioned that members are having difficulty in obtaining the 12" square cabin roof hatches found on 27's I have a crack in one of mine. I have found a supplier, TAM LEISURE in Kingston Surrey stock most sizes and even have the original amber coloured ones. Hope this helps those searching. I am in need of a tempreture gauge and sender unit for a Perkins 4.108 if anyone out there knows where I can get one thanks Mike
Replies:
Subject: Admiral 25 cockpit cover frame and canopy

Author:
Mort Smith
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:56:41 04/07/2007 Wed

Afternoon,
My brother and I are buying a Seamaster 25 Admiral and we shall shortly be moving her from her current berth in Otterham Creek on the Medway up to her new home in Shepperton.

One of the first things we'd like to do is source a new cockpit canopy along with the correct frame (there's a jury rig thing on the boat at the present time). Can anyone recommend a supplier who (a)knows about Seamasters and (b) won't rip us off?

Thanks,

Mort
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster Commander Sliding Window

Author:
R Buswell (Asking for help)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:40:36 06/07/2007 Fri

I have broken, with the help of my boat hook, the Sliding glass window Port side. Does anyone know where I can get it mended or at least where I can get a new one.
Replies:
Subject: Age of boat

Author:
Seamaster 23 sailer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:59:49 07/07/2007 Sat

I have a seamaster 23 which I am about to sell and I am note sure of age of boat. I've found a number in the saloon which is 442 and wonder whether this is relevant to anything. Can anyone help please. I would be much appreciated.
Subject: Admiral 25

Author:
Alan (Jam side up)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:39:46 04/07/2007 Wed

How much does a Seamaster Admiral weigh?
Replies:
Subject: Stern Gland thingy

Author:
Paul Darbyshire
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:53:13 19/06/2007 Tue

I've had a Seamaster 25 (Sandpiper) for a few years now which has not been used very much and has just been fitted with a shiny new Nanni diesel engine and was recently moved from the River Great Ouse to Brundall Bay Marina on the River Yare. The first proper outing from it's new home on Sunday, down to Rockland Broad, generated a need for me to find out about the stern gland thingy. Mine had leaked, which didn't shook me (honest?!) and continued to leak when we were stationary. I turned the little brass nut on the very top of the arrangement and realised it was quite loose. A few turns later and I felt some resistance and the drips stopped. Is that job done?

I have just read Brian's Seamaster Owner's Guide and now appreaciate I should make this small adjustment regularly. Is that all I have to do?

What happens when I cannot turn it any more? Presumably, I need to add more grease? Will my boat sink when I unscrew this top nut fully? Do I just unscrew it, take it off and add grease then put it back on? What grease do I use? The Duckhams Admax C62 that Brian mentions in his guide seems to be difficult to locate on the internet, any ideas on an alternative?

As you can probably tell, I'm a new and nervous boat owner, so any help would be very much appreciated.
Replies:
Subject: wiring diagrams for seamaster commodore

Author:
robert bainbridge (in the dark)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:41:46 19/06/2007 Tue

>electrics shot could do with complete wiring >diagrham /drawings thanks
Subject: seamaster commodore

Author:
paul green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:01:14 26/07/2005 Tue

seamaster 28 6 commodore called Miss Eva looking for a price guide for insurance reasons
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster Sailer 23

Author:
Chris Dawson (Hopeful !!)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:39:43 13/06/2007 Wed

Hi, can anybody tell me the size of the pivot bolt on the drop keel and were i can get one as i live in shetland. Thanks
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 813 Canopy

Author:
David
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:42:10 10/06/2007 Sun

Hi - I'm looking to replace the hood on my 813 and am based in Thames Ditton area. Could anyone recommend?
Thanks
David
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 23 stuck keel

Author:
Colin Vinson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:52:12 11/12/2006 Mon

Hi my SM23 is on a mud bearth she go ashore twice a day.I
find the best way to free the keel motor down the river
and work the winch cable even the keel is up there is usually enough movement to free it without force. I have built a cradle that allows the removal of the keel the never put a boat height enough if you would like photos
drop me a line
Replies:
Subject: Identification Plate Seamaster 27

Author:
Mike Bourke
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:01:46 13/06/2007 Wed

Thanks Steve, for your advice I will follow it up. Has anybody else got any other ideas?
Subject: Identification plate Seamaster 27,

Author:
Mike Bourke (Desperatly frustrated!!)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:31:12 08/06/2007 Fri

I am desperate for ideas as to where I may find an identification plate for my Seamaster 27. I would also be interested as to how I could obtain a copy, using the plate I have borrowed from an enthusiasts collection as a template.
Replies:
Subject: Cub side windows

Author:
Robb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:25:25 28/05/2007 Mon

Hi, does anyone know where i can get replacement side windows for the 17ft cub please?
Replies:
Subject: Fuel Tank capacity on a Seamaster 23 Cruiser

Author:
Jim
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:54:09 26/05/2007 Sat

Not 100% convinced that my petrol guage is working properly. Can anyone tell me what that fuel tank capacity is ? I can then do some tests. Many thanks
Replies:
Subject: Door furniture

Author:
Tim Lamb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:15:56 01/05/2007 Tue

During the re varnishing process of my 813 interior, I've managed to loose the catch part of a cupboard door. Does anyone know a source for door furniture?

I need lots of other bits and pieces if theres a " too far gone" 813 out there.

Thanks
Replies:
Subject: seamaster 27 parts

Author:
Mal Jones
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:04:46 19/05/2007 Sat

can any one help...I have had a seamaster 27 for nearly a year and have tried for all that time to get a water filler cap. Mine was nicked between paying for the boat and picking her up from Upton Marina. I have tried all the usual chandlers but no joy can any one help...
Subject: timber

Author:
greg
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:54:57 17/05/2007 Thu

i am renewing the wood on top of my seamaster 27 ie what mast & horn attatch too i have noticed the original wood has been charred underneath should i char the new wood and what does this actualy do
thanks
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 8M FOR SALE

Author:
D. GOODISON
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:52:13 14/03/2007 Wed

Seamaster 8M for sale- Located in Nottinghamshire.
please email me for details & photos.Boat Safety Certificate until 2009.
Replies:
Subject: seamaster sailer 23 measurements

Author:
Jeremy Moore
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:04:32 11/04/2007 Wed

Has anyone got any idea of the following measurements? -

Seamaster Sailer 23 swing keel - waterline of boat from gunwale at bow and stern

many thanks
Jeremy
Replies:
Subject: seamaster 25 windows

Author:
Len Kerridge (could be happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:10:33 05/05/2007 Sat

Could anyone tell me where i can obtain the inserts the windows slide on or in for the side windows of a seamaster 25 thank you
Replies:
Subject: top hose

Author:
ian walsh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:11:15 06/05/2007 Sun

does anyone know where i can get a top hose for a perkins 4107, also has anyone got a small table that fits a seamaster 27. ian
Subject: Lost Starboard blue side canopy for Seamaster 813

Author:
Gary Cartwright (Sad)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:59:00 21/04/2007 Sat

Last night I dropped the Starboard side Canopy to my friends Seamaster 813 which is blue in the Thames and because of the current I was unable to find it. Has anyone got a spare canopy that they want to sell. The worse thing is that is is my friends boat and I feel really bad about it.Maybe someone has recently replaced or refurbished one.
If you can help me my number is 01908365030 or 07710094964 and my name is Gary
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 30 - number 30

Author:
Darryl Collins
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:00:47 11/06/2006 Sun

Hi, my number '30' is missing from the plaque on the outside of the cockpit. Anyone got a spare or tell me were I can get one? Thanks. Darryl
Replies:
Subject: Canopy

Author:
Jackie Horn
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:38:44 15/04/2007 Sun

The canopy on out 312 is looking a bit dull and faded. Can anyone suggest a remedy?
Replies:
Subject: Gearbox in a 27

Author:
jim
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:13:24 11/02/2007 Sun

Could anyone tell me what gearbox was fitted to a 27 as I have just bought the boat minus the gearbox and the bearers are offset to the shaft I am fitting a bmc 1.5 engine but having trouble sourcing a gearbox Thanks in advance Jim
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster Sailer 23 shrouds

Author:
Jeremy Moore
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:07:14 11/04/2007 Wed

I have a seamaster sailer 23 swing keel.
The main shrouds have been moved from side deck close to coach roof to side deck as far out as possible.

Is there a known reason for this?

My intention is to return to originl position in order to get a better sheeting angle - any thoughts on this?

many thanks
Jeremy
Subject: reverse slips when under pressure

Author:
don
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:12:42 26/03/2007 Mon

seamaster 25ft' when i want extra power in reverse
it just slips it is ok if used while ticking over
any ideas
Replies:
Subject: MBM December 1999

Author:
Paul Harding
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:18:50 28/03/2007 Wed

Hi, just wondering if any of you have the December 1999 issue of Motor Boats Monthly featuring the Seamaster 813/Sea Aird 813??? I am after a copy, even a photocopy of the article would be great?? Any help most appreciated.
Subject: fuel consumption

Author:
Steve
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:10:30 24/03/2007 Sat

Hi
I am looking at purchasing my first boat. I had always intended to buy a deilsel engine but I nave now seen a seamaster 27 with a Wortham Blake, Fisherboy petrol engine 1600cc. Could anyone please tell me what the approximate fuel consumption would be per hour at 5-7 miles an hour.

The last thing I want to do is buy it then find I cannot afford to run it.

Thanks
Steve
Subject: Deep sea seals

Author:
Roger matthews
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:09:16 12/03/2007 Mon

I am considering fitting a dripless stern seal and am looking at the deep sea seal unit, has anyone used one and are you happy with it, thanks
Replies:
Subject: seamaster 23 grabrail fittings

Author:
Steve
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:15:21 04/03/2007 Sun

Does any one know where I can get some new like for like roof grab rail mounts from? There are plenty of choices of this sort of thing on the market - but I would like some with the same 3 hole mountings as the originals and can't seem to find any.
Subject: Masts

Author:
Frank Marks (help)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:20:16 02/03/2007 Fri

I am renovating a Seamaster 23 sailer and on putting up the mast have noticed that there are two back stays but only one fitting on the centre of the stern. Can anyone help please?
Replies:
Subject: sterndrive

Author:
steve
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:42:39 28/02/2007 Wed

I have a 23ft seamaster that needs a new or secondhand sterndive. Has anyone got idears what to go for and can you help
Subject: I am looking for a plan of the seamaster 23.

Author:
Janis Hodgson (Jan)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:17:05 23/02/2007 Fri

Hi my partner has bought a Seamaster 23 as a project. The boat has been changed into a fishing boat and is sea worthy. We would like to restore it to its original glory and hopefully have some lovely times on the broads. If you could help or know any one who can help us we would really appreciate it.
Our mobile no.s 07902033334 (Vic)
07738084502 (Jan)
Subject: omc

Author:
steve parks (HELP)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:08:47 23/02/2007 Fri

Please is there anyone out there who has a omc electric shift leg for sale.Or where i can get one
Subject: Trailers

Author:
Roy Howells (vindy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:45:09 28/11/2006 Tue

does any one have a trailer to rent or sell sutable for a 820 or 8m preferbly in the north
Replies:
Subject: (Enfield Z Drive) No Reverse Gear

Author:
David Cartwright
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:45:57 10/12/2006 Sun

I have just been to check my Seamaster 23 and started it up, to find I have no reverse gear has anybody got any suggestions/ideas as to what might cause this problem, forward seems to be fine, but reverse does not seem to be engaging. I look forward to any replies.

David & Heather.
Replies:
Subject: New Seamasters

Author:
Nigel Burch
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:13:57 21/01/2007 Sun

Good morning, does anyone have knowledge of the 'new' Seamasters being produced at Great Dunmow by Viking?
Thanks,
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 30 Leaking front emergency Hatch

Author:
Rory Winston
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:27:22 28/09/2006 Thu

When i bought my seamaster 30 the front emergency ( lift out ) hatch was leaking. I tried to fix it myself with all the various silicon's etc etc.As a result of the leaking water, all the timbers in the vberth cabin was rotten and we could not sleep in the cabin. So i decided to get a complete re-fit and the offending window hatch reconditioned by the professionals.The re-fit was great but the window is still leaking. Obviously i brought it back to the yard as it was still under warranty.They striped it down and resealed it etc etc but the window is still leaking. It would have been cheaper i'm sure to have bought a new front hatch in the first place. I dont mind to seal the emergency hatch at this stage in order to stop the leak.Or should i look at buying a new hatch.Can you recommend somewhere to buy a front hatch ? Any advice welcome.
Rory
Replies:
Subject: Galley tap (was Aquaflow) - for Seamaster 925

Author:
Lorne Byatt
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:29:37 29/01/2007 Mon

The freshwater galley tap on my Seamaster 925, probably the original fitting, has suffered an electrical switch failure, so that the pump circuit is always open (but controllable via the main switch panel nearby). Does anyone know if Aquaflow tap/switch units are still made and if so who can supply these? or what a sensible replacement would be? Another puzzle is how best to get the tap out - does it dismantle from underneath, or above?

Any info would be welcome.

Lorne
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 27 Shaft size

Author:
Roger Matthews
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:44:44 16/01/2007 Tue

can anyone tell me the shaft diamiter on a seamaster 27 1968 1600 petrol thanks
Replies:
Subject: Exchange Motorhome for Seamaster

Author:
Blue Eyes (Help)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:44:06 09/08/2006 Wed

We had a 1976 Seamaster a few years ago and sold to buy a Narrowboat which we sold in our wisdom to buy a Motorhome, its a very up-market Mercedes automatic with every mod-con available, but we miss being on the water and really want to return to another more modern Seamaster, any ideas how we can go about it, or perhaps someone would be willing to part exchange. Please.
Replies:
Subject: Re: NEW ENGINE AND/OR NEW GEARBOXES 30 LOW LINE

Author:
peguot 307 sw (help)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:41:31 19/01/2007 Fri

>>HAS ANYONE REPLACED THE ENGINES AND/OR GEARBOXES IN
>>THEIR SEAMSTER 30 LOWLINE. CURRENTLY HAVE PERKINS
>>4107 AND TMP GEARBOXES.
>
>Why do you want to change the engins and gearboxes?
>
>TMP boxes are the only boxes I know of that has a 4
>1/4" off set.
>
>My 30 has 2.52 Thornycrofts with TPM boxes, i have
>often considered changing them but cannot connect more
>powerfull engines to the TMP`s, not without beefing up
>the boxes anyway.
>
>What engines were you considering if you change them
>and why?
Subject: Winter Maintanance

Author:
James (The interested one)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:16:07 01/12/2006 Fri

Hi all.
Hope you have all had a wonderful summer crusing your various seamasters.

What winter maintanance is people going to carry out this year/next.

I intend on replacing my anchor winch with a new electrical one. any suggestions on what size motor i should purchace? Also the following is to be completed:
1. Fit 6 new 110ah lesuire batterys just for heating and lighting.(oh yeah and the beloved 2kw inverter!)

2.Renew charging system wiring (anyone with wiring diagrams or ideas this would be greatly appreciated!) and replace both alternators to a higher output to charge the 6 batterys.

3.Lift out and scrape and antifoul undersides. Machine polish all white bits to a army mans boot shine! (Then get dissapointed when it goes dullish in the summer!

4.Renew all soft furnishings in the boat, a good re-upholster!

5. Full engines service.

and anything else that crops up in the process!

Look forward to your plans and advice.

Have a good one people.

James
Replies:
Subject: Seamster 800

Author:
jesse bronsema (seeking)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:12:50 07/01/2007 Sun

Hello,

Can anybody help me?
I've bought a seamaster 800 but i can't vind any info.
It has to be renovated so i can use any info there is and i hope this is the right place.

regards

Jesse
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 815

Author:
John McAvennie (Help)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:44:46 01/01/2007 Mon

Hi
I have seen a 1978 Seamaster 815 and I quite keen on purchasing it. Can anyone give me any information on the 815 (sailing performanance or any points I should look out for before purchasing). I would be obliged for any help anyone can offer.
John
Subject: Seamaster 27 Cabin Door Required

Author:
Jeremy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:17:52 30/12/2006 Sat

Having had the cabin door of my boat kicked in during an attepted breaking over the Christmas period I need to get hold of a replacement door. Can anyone help who in the boating world either stocks these or makes them?
Many thanks
Jeremy
Subject: Thermostat Retaining Rings - Seamaster28

Author:
Jim McCartney
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:52:52 16/12/2006 Sat

Hi can anyone please tell me where I can get thermostat retaining rings for a BMC Commodore 2.2 marine diesel engine.
Subject: Re: (Enfield Z Drive) No Reverse Gear

Author:
Nigel Handscombe
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:03:32 11/12/2006 Mon

Two of the possible causes:
(1) Broken cable or (2 )the cable has come out of the clip on the sterndrive, when this happens you cannot get reverse.
Subject: Enfield Leg

Author:
John Pooley
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:23:37 21/08/2005 Sun

I have a Seamaster 23 motor cruiser. The oil filler cap on the Enfield leg when the boat has no one aboard is some 2 inches below the water is this correct? If not how do I correct it. Most other Seamasters seem to ride higher at the stern.
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 925 for sale in western Sweden

Author:
Alexander Sautter
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:02:35 10/12/2006 Sun

A very well renewed sailingboat (built in 1976) for sale. The engine, a Volvo Penta MD 2002 is from 1988.The German yacht lies in Udevalla - about 60 miles northern from Goteborg in Sweden and it is a two or three days trip by sailingboat from the English or Scottish east coast. Our beloved boat is in excellent condition. Almost everything has been professionally renewed since 2003. Have a look on our homepage. www.familiensysteme.de/seamaster.html.
In case of interest write us an email to familiensysteme@online.de we will send you a translation of the description and answer all of your questions. The price is 19600 GBP.
Subject: Seamaster 27 Helm cable

Author:
Gerry Meadowcroft
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:13:25 29/11/2006 Wed

My helm cable has broken and I am having trouble locating a replacement. My 27 dates back to 1968 - can anyone help with sourcing the cable??
Subject: Eberspacher or Webasto?

Author:
Phil Belli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:50:16 20/11/2006 Mon

Getting my 813 a heater for christmas! Are webasto and eberspacher essentially the same, or is there a preference?
Thanks, Phil.
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 23 Keel stuck in up position

Author:
Andrew Tuck (Information Needed)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:55:09 06/09/2006 Wed

The boat has been on a mud berth for a 9 month period whilst sorting out engine problems. Recently discovered whilst setting off from Swansea to Waterford, that keel will not lower. Checked the pulleys & freed one that had rusted shut. Still no joy. Opened the inspection plug. Took a stout steel rod & used 3lb club hammer to persuade it to go down. Lots & lots of hammering. No joy. 2 months later is still stuck. Have tried putting a bottle of bleach to kill marine growth. Now reduced to either lifting out or beaching & trying that appraoch. Any one had similar experience? The keel was replaced about 4 years ago with a new galvanised one.
Replies:
Subject: Aluminium Interscrews for Seamaster 27'

Author:
John Topping
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:31:52 28/10/2006 Sat

Aluminium Interscrews for securing the small hinge opening vent windows. They are 17.5mm long (below the round head)and just over 6mm in diameter, threaded to accept the stainless steel machine screw. Please can anyone let me know where I might get these Interscrews ??
Replies:
Subject: Wiring for refrigerator

Author:
Richard Johnson (member 1025)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:46:03 04/10/2006 Wed

Two years ago I bought a new Shoreline fridge and installed it with cabling (correct size) fdrom the fuse board to the fridge. I have also installed the correct adaptor so that it can be powered by 240v in a marina etc. I have noticed that this year maybe because of the extreme temperatures that when the engine is not running, the fridge switches itself off. I am sure that this is not because the batteries are low (it has a low voltage cut-out)as I can start the diesel engine with either battery without a problem. I have 2 110amphr batteries which are now fairly new and both in good condition. I need advice from someone who knows more about electrics than me (minimal) to advise me. Would it be an advantage to fit an extra battery for example?
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 9.15 (925)

Author:
Tom Wilson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:00:53 11/09/2006 Mon

Does anyone in the club have any knowledge of a home completed 925 (called a 9,15 on the spec sheet) built in 1981. The pictures appear to show a standard hull/deck etc. although woodwork (handrails etc) on deck is non standard. The windows are fitted externally, not as per the factory boats which were mounted in frames. The mast is not as Seamaster fitted, although this may be a later change. The engine is a Volvo MD7A which was the standard fit at the time. The interior has been fitted out, acording to the spec sheet, as a four berth and not seven as the 925.
Did Seamaster sell off uncompleted boats at the end of business in 1981?
The boat is for sale in NE Scotland and a friend is interested in it having seen my own 925 'Smithereen'.
Subject: Kim Holman

Author:
Ian
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:12:50 06/09/2006 Wed

A few months ago, the famous yacht designer Kim Holman died at the age of 81. Holman was probably most famous for the Stella and Twister, but he also designed, with Don Pye, the Seamaster 925, the 815 and the 29.

An obituary can be read at the Daily Telegraph on-line.
Subject: seamaster 23s sails

Author:
David Milliken
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:23:31 30/08/2006 Wed

I am considering renewing my sails which are a little tired now and have obtained quotes from a number of sources. Local, national and also from Hong Kong Sailmakers, UK dealers are C J International.As expected there is a wide range of prices but the best by far is from C J international. The weight of material ranges from 5oz (CJI) to 6.8oz. Questions are does a small yacht like the 23s need 6.8oz material or is 5oz perfectly acceptable and does anyone have experience of Hong Kong Sailmakers products.
Replies:
Subject: Mast Lowering for Transportation

Author:
John
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:26:09 04/08/2006 Fri

Hi,

I am currently a new owner of a Seamaster 23S (23ft Sailing boat) and need to transport her to her new berth by road.

The haulage company being used has told me that I must dismantle the mast and wondered if anyone on the board has done this before and could pass on any helpful tips and tricks on what needs to be done ?

Any help appreciated !

All the best,
John
Replies:
Subject: calorifer to my seamaster 27

Author:
Nigel Handscombe
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:26:10 17/05/2006 Wed

I have fited a calorifer to my seamaster 27 that has a Wrotham Blake Ford crossflow engine, raw water colled can any one advise me as to where is the best place is to pick up the hot water to heat the calorifer I have tried many configurations without success.
The most promising place to date is to pick up the hot water from the thermostat housing however once the thermostat opens ther appears to be insufficient flow through the calorifer. The water pump is working fine with a new impeller, with a very good strong flow through the exhaust, is there a trick to improving the flow through the engine.
Any suggestions most welcome
Best regards to all
Nigel Handscombe
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster/Vanmaster history?

Author:
Jo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:32:23 05/06/2006 Mon

Hi - non-club member looking for some info, please!
Husband and self have recently bought a 21 foot, GRP hull, 2-berth boat with a brass plaque saying it was built by RG Sparrow, Vanmaster Boats, Dunmow, s/n 5000 and something (I forget the exact number). It is basically identical to the Seamaster 21 that the club website says began production in 1956.
We were told our boat was built circa 1974, but we suspect that it might be older (1960s?). Can anyone help us with some history/background to the two companies? We know Seamaster bought out Vanmaster Boats, but we don't know when, and we don't know when Seamaster might have stopped producing boats as Vanmasters, or when the 21 and its variants disappeared - prior to 1974?
Can anyone shed any light on the subject? Thanks!

- Jo
Replies:
Subject: Engine Mountings

Author:
David Taunt
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:43:33 06/06/2006 Tue

I am in need of replacement engine mountings for Seamaster 813. (BMC 1500 Fisherboy engine). I am told that I need the combined weight of the engine & Gearbox to ascertain the correct load ratings. Can anyone help with this please? I am unable to get the bathroom scales underneath!!!
Thanks
David
Replies:
Subject: seamaster 23 sailer, cockpit drains

Author:
Alan Mustarde
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:42:01 05/04/2006 Wed

I'm looking for a bit of advice here. The cockpit drains on my SM23S look to be a complete botch up by the previous owner, the fore and aft scupper's have x 3/4" outlets on to which is attached a short length of 3/4" hose which is then jubilee'd into a 1" hose which attaches to a plastic 1" 'T' piece with a short piece of 1" hose coming from the tail of the 'T' to a 3/4" seacock (with a 3/4" to 1" hosetail). In total the whole arrangement uses 16 jubilee clips and looks very messy, I can make a new arrangement from pipe fittings and hosetails available from ASAP supplies using ATD tonval brass or just new 3/4" hose onto a new plastic 3/4" 'T' piece.
Can anyone tell me how it should be done correctly and should the drains cross over from port to starboard and vice versa? As this is not the case here.
Many thanks for your answers.
Alan.
Replies:
Subject: refit ideas

Author:
Jan & Haydn Price
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:24:07 02/04/2006 Sun

HI Danny,

Best to draw out what you want to achieve first - we started the refit out on our seamaster commodore 28 in Dec 05 and are only half way there! Thats with every weekend too! If they haven't done so already I recommend lining the boat with some fiberglass type insulator. Wickes is best for value, though go for 50mm. Ply is much cheaper from them too. Lay all wiring in for your lights etc first, and make sure it all works before sealing them in under fillings and ply! Next, take trip to IKEA! We have just got our kitchen units (butchered until they fit into hull shape, and bought (for very reasonable price) from Jone's in St Ives a new gas cooker and twin burner cooker. Things to look out for are leaky windows. If they are showing signs of wet, don't waste time and money with sealants, remove them sand all old crud off and re-seat using black mastic which comes on a roll, cut off the excess over the next few weeks as it squeezes into many crevices which were letting in water. If there is no pumped water, give thought to that too - whether you can get hot water in - a great advantage if you can do it. Lastly, the best way we found for layout ideas was to trawl the net, and boatyards and then adapt to what might work for you. if you need any more help or ideas please feel free to e-mail myself or Haydn ( long suffering hubby!) and we will try to help. Best regards and Luck Jan & Haydn (Tarka Dal)
Subject: sailer 23

Author:
Alan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:09:54 09/02/2006 Thu

I am a new seamaster club member and have been restoring a sailer 23 over the past few months. could anyone help me with the following: 1) The engine (Bukh DV10) is on flexible mounts but has no flexible coupling to the shaft, is this considered OK? or has anyone got any info on what R & D type coupling I should buy (part No. etc.)
2) Where I might source or buy Rubbing strake insert for the original alloy channel as some is missing and I don't really want to buy the new all plastic stuff if possible.

All replies very much appreciated,
Alan.
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 815 sailer

Author:
Andrew
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:09:11 25/01/2006 Wed

I have just bought a Seamaster 815 sailing boat which will be based in Suffolk. Can anyone give me advice on the best type of anchor and the appropriate size to fit into the anchor locker? Thanks!
Replies:
Subject: 813 window seals

Author:
bob bailey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:52:34 27/09/2005 Tue

can anyone tell me where i can obtain new seals for the escape hatch on my 813.
Replies:
Subject: seamaster 21ft

Author:
nick coombes
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:48:56 17/11/2005 Thu

hello fellow seamaster owners i have had my seamaster for about 12 years now and have done a complete restore on her and have removed the old tired petrol engine and stern gear completely and replaced with a perky 4108 (which gave me loads of head aches)and made a complete stern gear in solid stainless and the replaced keel and added 3 inches to her and then started on the inside i removed everything and replaced bulk head and the built a toilet come shower and so on then i removed top flip down screen and added a top hard back which looks and works great giving me loads of extra dry area in rear now which suits my location as im on coastal waters it handles fairly well in rivers and at inland coastal waters if any is doing one up and need any advice or info plz email im very happy to help as i made every mistake poss in the beggining and wasted loads of money where i neednt have i will post pics of my little baby when i get a chance any questions plz email coombes752@hotmail.com
Subject: Air heating system

Author:
Ivan Taylor
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:19:45 05/09/2005 Mon

Our 813 has a Webasto air heating system. (Diesel fuelled|) The unit is 15 years old needs replacing. Has anyone done this recently and able to suggest a supplier/advice.
Replies:
Subject: Help - we need a Seamaster badge

Author:
Rob Hudson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:51:17 30/08/2005 Tue

Does anyone have any idea where we could find a replacement 'Seamaster' logo badge which is glued to the side of the hull? Ours was pressure-washed off! Obviously if you have one going spare please let us know - or the name of anyone who can make a replacement copy?
Replies:
Subject: Bathroom Sink

Author:
Mark Young
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:39:37 30/08/2005 Tue

Nearing completion of Seamaster 23 I need to find a suitable sink for the toilet, The old one was broken and i disposed of it unfortunately. Does anyone know where I can buy a new or secondhand one?

Thanks
Mark
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 925 Rudder

Author:
Andy Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:20:42 22/06/2005 Wed

Whilst routinely inspecting my rudder it was noticed that water was escaping from inside the rudder through a crack on the leading edge just above the level of the skeg - indeed the entire rudder was found to be full of water. Has any one else encountered this and if so what repair was used.
Replies:
Subject: Perkins 4108 - Increase Max RPM

Author:
Brian
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:21:58 08/03/2005 Tue

Hi, I have a Seamaster 30 with twin Perkins 4108 engines and TMP 2:1 gearboxes. All are rated at 4000 rpm (49HP) but the engines appear to be governed to 3000 rpm (37HP) which I understand was done for commercial use. - My manual shows two types of injector pump, one with an adjusting screw for max rpm and one without. My engines have the one without. Can anyone explain how to adjust the pumps to allow full rpm and power. I know the max continuous rpm is 3000 but it would be nice to have something in reserve.
Does anyone know of any reasons why this should not be done?

Regards,

Brian.
Replies:
Subject: port of registration?

Author:
Jackson Anderson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:44:11 04/07/2005 Mon

What are the rules about the port of registration on the stern of boats?
I have bought a boat with YORK on the stern. The boat is now closer to Inverness and has been painted. I intend to use the original name but what port shall I repaint on the stern (if any)???
Thanks for any replies.
(membership No. 1302)
Replies:
Subject: New canvas

Author:
lawson yardley
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:10:54 21/05/2005 Sat

I have found a superb canvas trimmer, I have just had my 30’ re-canvased, and I am very pleased with the result,and price contact.......
J @ H Trim...01384 279527, they are in the West Midlands,
Subject: Sailer 23 info required

Author:
Brian Gascoigne
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:55:43 07/04/2005 Thu

I've bought one of these (1974), without an owner's manual, and have some questions. Is there any kind owner out there with a manual, or the time to answer a few questions? The first question being where do you apply the long spanner to force down the centreboard ( which in my case is stuck as a result of sitting in the mud at low tide for months on end) Very grateful for any contact with anyone. Regards Brian
Replies:
Subject: Rev counter on diesel engine

Author:
Ady
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:29:10 08/05/2005 Sun

Can anyone tel me how to wire up a rev counter on a diesel engine??? I believe it's connected to the alternator but how i dont know
Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 12[3]4 ]
Thank you for visiting The Seamaster Club Message Forum. If you find this interesting, and own a Seamaster boat, why not join the Seamaster Club. Application details are in the club section of the web site.
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.