VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]34 ]

Seamaster Club Banner
Welcome to The Seamaster Club message forum.
Return to Seamaster Club web site

Subject: sea master 23

Author:
miss lynne (happy days)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:11:49 24/11/2010 Wed

Hi I have a sea master 23ft for sale and would like someone who likes them to buy it if there is anyone interested in it please reply asap death in the family so has to go to good home its all orig and with new canopy curtains carpet no leaks beutiful inside please reply soon thanks lynne
Replies:
Subject: gt yarmouth bridges

Author:
steve jones
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:31:51 20/02/2011 Sun

we own a seamaster 30 ,we are considering tranferring from the river Medway to the Broads in the future.Can we access
the Broads through Lowestoft/Oulton Broad.Our height above the waterline is 2.74 metres also we would like to access the northern Broads through Breydon Water AND Gt Yarmouth is this possible bearing in mind our Air-draft any advice would be very welcome
regards steve
Replies:
Subject: Jabasco water pump

Author:
Aubrey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:32:53 26/01/2011 Wed

Hi, I am currently re-building my 16oo x flow engine following a full rebuild and have noticed on examination of the water pump the impellor is split and the rubber seal looks like it has had it. The only numbers I can find on it are either 9900 or 0066 it`s a jabasco bronze pump. Can anyone give me some advice on if and where parts can be obtained, Thanks, Aubrey.
Replies:
Subject: wortham blake cross flow exhaust manifold

Author:
Aubrey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:18:07 26/10/2010 Tue

Hi, I am looking for an exhaust manifold for a wortham blake 1600 cross flow petrol engine, if anybody has a spare one or nows where I can obtain a replacement I would be grateful for any assistance.
Thanks
Aubrey
Replies:
Subject: heat exchanger

Author:
brigaf
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:54:17 26/12/2010 Sun

Thankyou, I will give him a try.
Subject: seamaster 813 gearbox

Author:
john sandilands
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:46:19 16/09/2010 Thu

hi guys, i have recently bought a sea master 813 in need of a refit, the first thing i need to find is a replacement gearbox but as there isnt one fitted at the mo im stuck for info as to what was fitted, it was originally fitted with a 1500 bmc diesel and as far as i can see the box and enginge were fitted offset from the propshaft, any info would b appreciated, thanks
Replies:
Subject: BMC 1.5 diesel engine

Author:
RICHIE (confused)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:48:54 17/11/2010 Wed

I am looking for a BMC 1.5 diesel block(complete) or any other parts. email me with your items
Replies:
Subject: Steering wheel to fit seamaster 8m

Author:
Steve
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:36:03 15/12/2010 Wed

Steering wheel reqd in good condition as mine is falling apart,anybody got one for sale ?
Subject: Seamaster 813 nameplates

Author:
Tony Bell
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:49:31 19/11/2010 Fri

Our 813 is out of the water having a refurb at the moment - we are also looking for Seamaster name plates for the cabin sides of our boat - if we locate any we will contact you
Subject: Seamaster 813 name stickers

Author:
Steve & Dawn
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:29:39 07/09/2010 Tue

We have resently purchased our first boat (Seamaster 813) Can anyone tell me where I can get 2 new seamaster nameplate stickers? They look like a numberplate but with Seamaster write on them. Mine are very tatty and need replacing.

Thanks

Steve & Dawn
Replies:
Subject: Anodes

Author:
Aubrey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:01:55 12/11/2010 Fri

We have a Seamaster 27 with a 1600 petrol inboard on a shaft drive. The boat has a brass rudder,not sure what the prop is. I have been told I should have anodes fitted to stop the different metals reacting, can anyone help please.
Subject: Seamaster 27 Deck Layup

Author:
Alan Law (Weird)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:33:04 24/01/2010 Sun

Does anyone know what the GRP layup is in the deck molding on a SM 27? We're having a discussion elsewhere about general boat layups, and someone reports an owner having a "springy" deck on their Seamaster.

I'm wondering if they are balsa cored...
Replies:
Subject: seamaster 30 escape hatch

Author:
mick ridout (frightened to try)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:41:33 28/06/2010 Mon

Hi folkes.
I have a older Seamaster 30 fitted with an escape hatch in the front cabin port window. If I turn the two handles and push will it open and then close again. Is it hinged or does the whole window come out and have to be refitted by an expert?

Also is there a supplier of touch up paint for the Perkins 4107 Engines.?

Expert advice appreciated.
Replies:
Subject: Davits

Author:
Paul
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:18:37 28/06/2010 Mon

I have a Seamaster 30 which is in need of some davits. Could anybody help and point me in the right direction. I would prefer to fit as original if possible.
Replies:
Subject: seamaster identification??

Author:
ollie dyer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:45:27 21/07/2010 Wed

http://www.seakers.co.uk/show_boats_for_sale.php?stock_id=137&boat=-Bass%20Boat%20%28Sea%20Master%29

H, Ive been looking at the above boat which is being marketed as a sea master bass boat. I cant find any information on these boats anywhere and was wondering if anyone here can help me.

Thanks for any replies!
ollie
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 813 Heads Lining

Author:
Galen Brislane
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:51:28 29/03/2010 Mon

Hello
I own a Seamaster 813. Is it possible to replace the floor / wall / ceiling linerin the heads compartment of an 813?
Many thanks

Galen Brislane
MV Andante
River Shannon, Ireland
Replies:
Subject: Boom repair semaster 815

Author:
Hans
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:48:45 12/10/2010 Tue

I am doing an overhaul of my boom.
Unfortunalety I cannot get the end piece out of the boom.
Possibly corroded?
please can i have some tips.
Tnx Hans
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 27

Author:
Gary Tebbutt
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:44:10 22/09/2010 Wed

Hi there. Can anyone help me please. I am currently seriously considering buying a Seamaster 27 this weekend situated on the Norfolk Broads. So far I have not been able to find out the height of the boat at the windscreen. My concern is will it pass under Potter Heigham old bridge which regularly has clearance of around 6' 3". Failing this has anyone either had the windscreen made to fold flat and can you give me any idea how much it cost to have done and how successful it was ie: were there ant leak problems after. Thanks a lot for any help you can give me.
Replies:
Subject: BMC 1.5 spares

Author:
joe hustwitt
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:35:39 31/10/2009 Sat

Hi I have just purchased a Seamaster27 with a BMC1.5 I am trying to find a water temperature sender.I hope some one can help.
Subject: Seamaster Sailer 19 Fin Keel drawing anyone?

Author:
Adam Watts
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:39:49 21/09/2010 Tue

Dear All. I have just sold my lovely Seamaster Sailer 19 'Marea' to a lovely chap called Daniel but he tells me that the swing fin that comes out of the keel has disappeared. Do any of you happen to have a drawing of the swing fin or know the dimensions of it so that he can have one made? Thanks
Subject: Semaster Sailer 23

Author:
Steve Walls
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:29:25 14/09/2010 Tue

Hi,
I have just purchased a Sailer 23 and need to have a mooring laid near where I live. It is the fin keel version and I don't seem to be able to find any information on the draught of this boat. Can anyone help? Also it is sail number 211 what age is this boat?

Cheers,

Steve
Replies:
Subject: date of manafacture

Author:
Steve Hogwood
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:09:13 13/09/2010 Mon

Can anyone supply dates by boat number as mine is 2799 would like to know year,month etc 1st owner boat name was MARRACUS and used on the upper part of the Thames.

Steve Hogwood.
Subject: Bowthruster

Author:
Nick
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:13:21 09/09/2010 Thu

Does anyone have experience of fitting a bow thruster to a Seamaster 27?
Subject: sea master 23 engine and leg

Author:
steve Hogwood
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:02:46 09/09/2010 Thu

Just removed ford wortham blake engine and enfield leg from my SM 23 engine seized through rust and leg suffered from very bad corrosion and water ingress,are these parts any good to anyone the engine is fully marinised.
I do require a wiper motor for my SM 23 one that would have been the correct type with two mounting screws,one either side of the spindle,
Also has anyone fitted a volvo deisel AQD21a and a 280 leg to a SM 23. Steve.
Subject: Seamaster 27 windows

Author:
Aubrey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:34:00 03/09/2010 Fri

Having recently purchased a Seamaster 27, we have noticed that the sliding windows in the galley/dinette area & forward cabin rattle/vibrate. What we would like to know is did the windows originally have flocked lined window rubbers in the top and bottom?
Replies:
Subject: Outdrive problems

Author:
Ian Baker - Risky Biz
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:40:46 28/07/2010 Wed

The forward and reverse gears in the outdrive are not working. There does not seem to be a problem with the cable from the dashboard control and all connections on the outdrive look good externally.When in neutral the engine also revs OK. Can someone please give me an idea of what might be wrong - is the problem within the outdrive? The drive might have been strained last week as there was an accumulation of weed around the propeller as we left the marina. Many thanks.
Ian
Replies:
Subject: Leaking Seamaster 23 fuel tank

Author:
Ray
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:43:01 01/09/2010 Wed

My Seamaster 23 motor cruiser diesel fuel tank has developed a weeping leak at the base of the tank.I think its corroding from the inside out.I have removed the tank and inspected the underside and does appear to seep through the bottom in a very slow drip.I have removed the contents and opened the access port to see inside but because of the baffles and the resticted size of the access port(fist size) I can't see where the leak is originating from.My dilemma is to replace with a new tank (plastic or stainless steel)or try to repair with Frost tank sealer but am worried because the resticted access will not guarantee success with the rust removal,cleaning, etch priming,drying and correct application of the sealer ect.Has anyone got any advice on repairing or replacing the said item.Your solutions will be greatly appreciated.
Replies:
Subject: Correct propeller size and pitch

Author:
RAY
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:43:11 28/06/2010 Mon

I have a Seamaster 23 mb fitted with a Perkins 4107 and a right handed Enfield leg.Please can anyone tell me the correct size and pitch propeller required for this system.
Replies:
Subject: Trailer wanted for Seamaster 23 motor cruiser

Author:
Andrew Grimshaw
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:17:24 26/08/2010 Thu

Anyone know where I can get a trailer for my Seamaster 23 motor cruiser?
Subject: where is the sink water pump located to replace it

Author:
sharon gola
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:54:22 01/08/2010 Sun

I bought our boat used with no manual.

1. where is the sink water pump located?

2. where can I buy a manual?
Replies:
Subject: 813 shower

Author:
martin brocklebank
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:09:04 26/07/2010 Mon

does anyone know how easy and how much it would cost to put a shower back into an 813 once it has been removed?
Subject: Rubber Blocks

Author:
jimmy dent (happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:44:08 13/07/2010 Tue

Hi everyone,I have a seamaster 30 high line, can anybody tell me what the rubber blocks that sit in the window frame are for.They are in the corner of the frame on the inside and they meet at right angles, there is two in every window.

I am fitting a new immersion in my boat, I had a look on the a.s.a.p. web site, They are selling hotpot immersions, they have one for sale at £168, is it a straight forward job?
Thanks.
Jimmy.
Replies:
Subject: 2nd Message Same boat Engine question

Author:
Rodger
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:07:47 07/06/2010 Mon

I am going to replace the ageing Bukh 10hp single cylinder engine has anyone any experience of this, problems, concerns suggestions etc. I have asked my local dealer to give me a quote for a Yanmar not sure if 2 cylinder will fit though.

Thanks
Replies:
Subject: Diesel engine to fit 27

Author:
macnorton
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:43:34 21/02/2010 Sun

I have a spare 3 cylider Perkins Perama marine diesel engine which will fit a 27 without altering the floor if anyone is looking for one.
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 23 Cruiser OMC outdrive

Author:
Andrew Grimshaw
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:06:35 26/06/2010 Sat

I may be able to get parts for the OMC stern drive on my Seamsster 23 cruiser.
Can anyone tell me where on the unit I can read off the OMC drive type. It has the Ford pertrol engine
Subject: Seamaster 23 Cruiser replacement OMC outdrive needed

Author:
Andrew Grimshaw
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:36:23 24/06/2010 Thu

I have a Seamaster 23 cruiser with an OMC outdrive - the lower gearcasing is leaking oil? Does anyone know where I can get a replacement unit or if maybe an outdrive from another manufacterer will fit?
Subject: Registration of a tender

Author:
Mort Smith
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:27:20 26/05/2010 Wed

Hello Everyone.

I need some help in finding out what the EA rules are about tenders.

My brother and I share an SM Admiral called Terra Nova based at Shepperton. We've got an inflatable and a 2.5 Suzuki outboard. If we tow the inflatable without the engine, are we liable for a licence fee for an unpowered tender? OK. If we tow the tender with the outboard attached, how much do we have to pay?

I've read elsewhere (Thames Forum) that if you register the tender at the same time as the cruiser it's half the fee but it's too late for that this year cos we've already paid the licence fee.

Thanks, in anticipation...

Mort
Replies:
Subject: diesel

Author:
mansell (happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:17:51 22/08/2009 Sat

hi there,in light of the price increases in red diesel,i was wondering if it may be better to use white diesel instead of redas i believe it is better for the environment and the engine,but was told that white diesel seperates in the cold hope you can help,thank you.D.mansell
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 21

Author:
mark (help)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:27:35 13/06/2010 Sun

Hi there

I have now been a proud owner of a seamaster 21 with a BMC1500 engine and after i rewired, changed oil and things she seams to be running very well. what i am asking is for information about the seamaster 21.

Thanks
Subject: First message!! Seamaster 7 Metre sailer windows

Author:
Rodger
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:05:26 07/06/2010 Mon

Has anyone managed to source replacements for the original now leaking windows. Frames as well which are aluminium with an insert like an old bus window.
Subject: Just acquired a new boat

Author:
R Watson (interested)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:56:50 28/05/2010 Fri

Hi folks!
I need your help please! I have just acquired a boat which I'm needing assistance in identifying if possible. She is lying on the hard at Port Bannatyne, Isle of Bute, Argyll in Scotland. She is in need of a wee bit of TLC - I have photos if anyone wishes to see them - but no name!? I would really like to find out more about her if possible.
She is approx 26 feet long with twin Leyland diesels, driving shafts on P brackets. I think the engines are done and need stripping out but wondered if its worth spending time and money in refurbishing them to match her original spec. Having done a wee bit of research she looks to me like a Seamaster. I would appreciate anyone's help and assistance in finding out more. Thanks in anticipation!
Subject: Seamaster 25 BMC 1.5 Diesel

Author:
Malcolm Shirley (Happy Boater)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:48:42 28/05/2010 Fri

My 1963 BMC 1.5 diesel engine has given up the ghost.
What engine will fit my 25ft Seamaster, where can I get one, or can I have mine repaired. This is rather urgent as I am missing valuable boating time.
Subject: Wortham Blake

Author:
Roy Howells
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:15:27 28/05/2010 Fri

What colour did Wartham Blake paint there engines and where are they now
many thanks
Roy Howells
Subject: Seamaster 27 Wortham Blake Ignition Coil

Author:
Roger Andrews
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:03:18 24/05/2010 Mon

I am looking for a spare ignition coil to have as a spare on my Seamaster 27 fitted with a Ford 115E 1969 / 1970 Wortham Blake engine.

The question that I keep getting asked is "does your ignition have a ballast resistor?"

Does anyone know the answer as to how I can find out - the only markings that I can see on the coil is 12V HA12 45171 [could be slightly different as it is hard to see] I have also been asked what type of distributor is it? but I can see no markings inside or outside.

Regards

Roger Andrews
Replies:
Subject: 813 Interior Refit

Author:
Galen Brislane
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:39:56 24/05/2010 Mon

Hello Seamaster Folks
I live in the UK but my Father has an 813 on the Shannon in Ireland. He has offered it to me as unfortunately, he is geting on a bit.
She is an ex-hire and as such is a little tired. I would like to do a complete interior refit. Has anyone with an 813 done this in the past? Any plans / tips you could share with me?
Thanks in advance.
PS - what do I need to do to join the Seamaster Club ?
Regards - Galen Brislane, Sevenoaks.
Subject: bukh valve spring broken

Author:
jonathan joy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:27:00 15/05/2010 Sat

Hi does anyone have an idea why my bukh valve spring broke, the valve stem seems free. before I replace it should I investigate
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 27 price when new

Author:
Emma
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:36:50 15/05/2010 Sat

Just out of interest, does anyone know the original retail price of a Seamaster 27 when they were new...In 1973 for example?
Subject: 23 Cruiser dash switches

Author:
Mike Thompson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:30:13 12/05/2010 Wed

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can clear up some confusion over the dash switches on my 23. There are 3 pull-type switches and when I bought the boat two of these were broken. The nav, steaming & stern lights were all connected to the third one.
The Seamaster 23/27 diagram published on this website only shows two switches, with the nav lights on one and the steaming/stern lights on the other.
I have replaced all the switches and would now like to put the wiring back to standard so can anyone confirm that the nav lights should be on a separate switch and what is the third switch used for?
Also looking from left to right what would have been the original function order.

Thanks in anticipation,
Mike.
Subject: Weight

Author:
Colin Vinson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:50:48 10/05/2010 Mon

Tranquillity my Seamaster 23 sailer was weighed when she
was launched on Friday and she is still manufacturers guide
at 2.25 tons boats do tend to get heaver I was amazed

Regards CV
Subject: seamaster 8m

Author:
andrew lydon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:32:44 04/05/2010 Tue

hi can any body tell me were i could locate new engine mounts for seamaster 8m perkins diesel 4107 thank you andy
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 813 Pushpit Rail

Author:
Robin Clifford
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:45:30 04/05/2010 Tue

I am trying to find a pushpit rail for a Seamaster 813. Can anyone suggest where to go to find one?
Subject: Flag Pole Mounting

Author:
Bob Ward
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:26:53 02/05/2010 Sun

I would like to fit a small flag staff to either the bow (prefered) or stearn of my 30 for a couple of bargees. Can anybody give any advice or things to watch out for before I start drilling holes.

Thanks in advance

Bob
Subject: seeking lpg instant water heater,.

Author:
Paul Stephen Hewitt
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:02:36 25/04/2010 Sun

Seeking lpg instantanous hot water heater, anyone selling one please get in touch.. thanks. Paul. Blackpool lancs
Subject: 23 Cruiser folding helm seat

Author:
Mike Thompson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:00:52 02/11/2009 Mon

Does anyone know how the support frame for the folding seat is fixed to the cockpit side wall? When I started to undo the screws I found they are machine screws and the nuts don't seem to be captive. They are so far up from the floor that there is no possibility of getting a hand to them.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 25

Author:
Marcus Harris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:02:36 29/03/2010 Mon

I have recently brought a Seamaster 25 and i cant seem to find any thing on her at all. I dont have any paperwork neither.

Does anybody know where i can get some info on internal layout, wiring etc. I am a newbie to boating but intend to grab it with both hands.

Many thanks
Marcus
Replies:
Subject: Depth of hull

Author:
Jimmy Dent
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:36:15 19/02/2010 Fri

Hi to all,
Can anybody tell me the thickness of the hull of a Seamaster 30 Highline built around 1975/76,
I want to install a depth sounder, there are some sounders on the market where you dont have to drill through the hull.They can get a reading from inside, provided the hull is not more than half an inch thick.
I think i would prefare not to drill if i have a choice.
Thanks.
Replies:
Subject: Thames River Conditions

Author:
Dennis Taylor
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:05:51 03/12/2008 Wed

To all members based on the Thames there is an addition to the EA web site which now gives specific information relating to river conditions it at
http://riverconditions.visitthames.co.uk/
I hope this proves useful.
Subject: Cruising Sails for a Sailer 23

Author:
Ravi (Hopeful)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:23:01 17/03/2010 Wed

Hi -

I am looking for new sails for our Sailer 23. The sails we got with the boat are probably the originals from the 60s and they are literally falling apart.

If anyone has replaced their cruising main or furling #1 genoa and would like to sell their old sails I would be very interested. Sails in any condition would be better than what we have!

(Yes, I know that there are lots of sailmakers who would love the business but money is a bit tight so any old sails would be appreciated.)

Thanks,
Rav.
Subject: Private mooring at Buckden Marina

Author:
Chris Grant
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:10:30 28/11/2008 Fri

Our mooring is immediately available to rent at Buckden marina on the private leased E pontoon. This is a floating and secure gated pontoon with free water and electricity at rate payable to the marina on a meter. We are obliged under our lease to charge rates in line with Buckden, currently £156 / metre (£47.55 / foot) per annum but there is no VAT to pay so an immediate saving of 17.5% on standard Buckden rates. We will also accept standing order monthly payment at no extra charge.

We would prefer a 9 or 10m boat and the max allowed is 11m but would consider 7.5 or 8m after January if still available. See http://www.buckdenmarina.co.uk for more information about Buckden Marina.

Please contact Chris or Diana Grant on 01394 380174 or email chris@mvesme.co.uk
Subject: Helmsman's Shelter Seamaster 30

Author:
Graham Clark (Perplexed)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:17:40 02/06/2009 Tue

I’ve got a 1974 Seamaster 30 which is in need of complete renovation. I’ve asked Paul Killick to help me through the minefield of how to go about this and he’s been fantastic. The biggest problem I have which Paul recognises is the original Helmsman’s Shelter has been removed and replaced with a timber structure. This frankly completely ruins the lines of the boat and makes it look like a floating caravan. My intensions are to remove this and replace it best I can with a “shelter” similar to the original.

Is there anyone who has removed this structure for whatever reason and no longer has any use for it, or does anyone have any designs, templates or ideas of how best to go about rebuilding it. Hope someone can help
Subject: Oil for drive shaft

Author:
Eddie Johnson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:38:54 16/01/2008 Wed

Could someone tell me what type of oil I need to lubricate the drive shaft. The previous owner told me that he had never had to buy any so never found out. The oil is held in a bottle under the port cockpit locker and drip feeds the shaft.
Subject: Flushing inboard diesel on 23 sailor

Author:
Jonathan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:31:00 28/08/2008 Thu

Hi, I keep my 23 sailor on a mooring all year, it has a Bukh diesel, to flush out the engine is it simply a case of pouring water down the hopper that comes from the pump ?
Subject: Bukh DV10ME Running Hot

Author:
Chris Marshall
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:24:43 14/01/2003 Tue

Can anyone offer advice on why my Bukh is running hot at around 100 - 110 Deg c. I have installed a new temp sensor and gauge, checked that there is approx 6 - 8 litres per min of coolant flow from the exhaust with engine flat out (3000rpm) and have checked the operation of the thermostat unit in a pan of water on the cooker with a thermometer. The thermostat appears to open at roughly the correct temp which should be around 65 Deg C.
Subject: 4018 glow plugs

Author:
michael
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:21:20 17/01/2010 Sun

can anyone tell me what model of glow plugs are in the perkins 4108 m and anywhere i can get new ones
thanks
mchael
Replies:
Subject: Curtain Rails

Author:
Alan Godfrey-"My Panache"
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:38:14 17/01/2010 Sun

We have a Seamaster 30-year built 1979-some of the original curtain tracks are still fitted but previous owners have removed some. We are having new curtains made and need to replace the missing tracks. Does anyone know what make the original ones were and where replacements can be obtained?
Thanks for your help!
Alan Godfrey - "My Panache"
Replies:
Subject: Volvo MD7A

Author:
Tom Wilson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:56:57 22/01/2010 Fri

I am looking for an exhaust manifold for a Volvo MD7A, as fitted to the 925. Can anyone help. Willing to think about purchasing a complete scrap engine if available and the part is in good condition.
Cheers
Tom Wilson
Subject: IWA National Festival and Boat Show Beale Park 28 -30 August 2010

Author:
Dennis Taylor (Dennis Taylor)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:56:56 15/01/2010 Fri

Just got a letter from Paul Killick about the above. Paul is organising a block booking for those Seamaster Club members on the Thames that want to attend.

Count me in, who else is going? In the depth of winter a boating occasion to look forward to!
Replies:
Subject: documentation seamaster 23 sailer

Author:
hs (sea)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:48:26 15/09/2009 Tue

I own a seamaster 23 sailer but do not have any documentation of the boat. please can let me know a weblink where I can find information. Thanks
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 30 Canopy

Author:
Bob
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:05:55 16/12/2009 Wed

Hello.

The canopy on my 30 soft top has reached the end of its useful life and we have decided to get a new one. A big issue is the fact that the canopy is only held by the turn buckles on the top of the rear cabin and does not seal to anything so a stern on wind really whistles in. I was thinking of getting the canopy material extended beyond its normal length (where the turn buckles are)and having Velcro or Tuck-Loc stitched to the hood with the corresponding strip stuck to the cabin roof to make a proper seal. Of course there I still the problem of the cut-outs for the hand rails but the canopy maker thinks he can solve this.

Question is has anybody else found a solution to the lack of sealing of the canopy to the rear cabin or can see any downside to mine? any response gratefully received.

Best Regards.

Bob
Subject: Fitting an Eberspacher to a Seamaster 30

Author:
Ray Sheppard
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:18:38 04/11/2009 Wed

I have acquired an eberspacher D2 Airtronic unit. 34W 12V Input 2200 W output. The unit has come from a lorry. Has anyone had experince of fitting this unit to a Seamaster 30 (Twin Thorney Croft 2.5 engines) or is there a past article in the Seamaster Mag. Also the unit does not have the controller anyone know where one of these can be sourced.

I am thinking I probaly need to add another domestic battery to power this unit, I cuurently have two engine and one domestic battery, any thougths.

Thanks in advance for any help and/or info.

Ray
Replies:
Subject: Hull number of seamaster 813

Author:
Jesper Hansen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:10:14 26/09/2009 Sat

Dear members of the seamaster club.
I am about to buy a seamaster 813 here in Denmark.
But my bank needs to know the hull number for finishing the
paperwork :-(
Can any of you good members tell me were I shal look for
this number.
I hope for a quik answer.
Dearest Jesper Hansen. (Denmark).
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 23 sailor engine replacement

Author:
Bill
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:58:02 30/11/2009 Mon

Hi,
My Seamaster 23 sailor has a very tired Volvo MD1 diesel 7hp engine. I would like to replace it with a Beta Marine 10 hp engine. Does anyone have any experience of changing engines in a seamaster 23 so that I might be able to tap their knowledge

Bill
Replies:
Subject: seamaster 27 prop shaft for sale

Author:
macnorton
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:40:13 04/12/2009 Fri

Ia spare stainless ( 1 and a 1/4" by 4ft 6" 316) shaft for a 27 (1970's).
It has done three seasons but a change in the drive system means it is no longer suitable.
It was fitted to a watermotor but I assume the deisel one will be the same.
Subject: Seamaster 27 replacement engine

Author:
Stephen Sindell
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:30:47 30/03/2008 Sun

Can anyone suggest a suitable replacement for a Perkins 4107.
Replies:
Subject: Dash baord switch & Window flip latch

Author:
Ian Robertson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:34:39 21/10/2009 Wed

Hi, Can anyone advise me where i can obtain a "pull-switch" for my 1961 Seamaster 25' I beleive the ones that are there are original (bakeolite type knob on an aluminium looking shaft)I am also after a "flip down" chromed window latch for the starboard side sliding window. If anyboady could direct me to either i should be most grateful.
Replies:
Subject: bmc captain diesel

Author:
Tony Cook (Looking)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:32:57 24/11/2009 Tue

Looking for parts from a BMC/ Newage (Thornycroft) Captain 1.5 litre diesel circa 1966. Anyone out there scrapping such an engine and wants to sell some parts?
Subject: Adequate price for a top equipped single-hander SM 925?

Author:
Tobias
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:11:54 16/11/2009 Mon

As I am currently considering to sell my bluewater-proven Seamaster 925, I wonder what a reasonable price would be?!

From the usual internet platforms I understand that prices (at least asked-for-prices) are up to 30% higher in the UK thank on the continent.

Surprisingly, even smaller and older boats like "Ohlson 8:8" yield significantly higher prices than a SM 925 here.

Is this because the SM is comparably little known over here?
Or are the "real prices" in the UK in fact also lower that - say - 19k GBP?

From your knowledge of the market:
Is there demand for the Seamaster 925 in the UK?

Any kind of feedback and/or experience is appreciated!

Thanks,

Tobias
Subject: Model seamaster

Author:
vince daines
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:33:56 09/04/2009 Thu

first of all sorry about the email address :), but i have a model radio control seamaster (don't know the model sry) hopefully i'll post a photo soon and some1 could help me out, anyway, it was built by my grandfather Jim Daines who worked at seamaster for a while, (dont know when exactly) he built this model for me before i was born, so definitely pre 68, its a bit tatty now and i'd like to restore it, just thought it might be of interest to enthusiasts, contact me on here or my email if anyones interested
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 30 Stuffing Box Grease

Author:
Bob
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:59:08 23/10/2009 Fri

Hello,
I have a Seamaster 30 with a single BMC 1.8 engine. There is a brass cap at the prop shaft bearing (stuffing Box) which if unscrewed will let water out which I presume is normal, no water comes out of the end of the shaft when cruising. Question is what is the corrrect grease to squirt in and how much ?. I did find an old grease tube but most of the writing is worn off, I can make out the word High .... Soapy Grease.
Replies:
Subject: Battery management onboard Seamaster 30

Author:
Paul Killick
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:21:25 01/12/2007 Sat

I have been receiving a few questions recently regarding charging systems on Seamaster 30`s.

The item commonly called a coil due to its appearance is a split diode. It basicaly directs the alternators charge current to both the port start battery and the domestic battery when the engine is running only and isolates the domestic battery when the engine is not running. This maintains the starting battery charge for starting the engine only.
It is important to fit the correct type of battery! A starting battery is designed for just that, delivering loads of amps very quickly to aid starting. The domestic/leisure battery needs to be suitable for deep cycling ie. able to discharge apmperage slowly and re-charge from flat. Starting batteries are not designed to go flat! If they do they instantly loose up to 50% of thier power and will never charge to maximum again.
There are batteries available that do both fairly well and are commonly known as (Semi traction).

The easiest way to add extra battery power is to double up on the domestic battery, use two batteries exactly the same.

On the Seamaster 30 a few domestic lights are powered from the starboard starting battery, you will notice that the far right hand fuse box has another thick cable in the feed side (Bottom) This is the input from the starboard battery.
Personaly i prefer all domestic load coming from the domestic batteries leaving the starting batteries to do just that, starting. I fitted a permanent jump cable between port and starboard starting batteries via a solenoid, a small button switch on the panel can be used to quickly join and isolate the two starting batteries should one of them run low. You have to connect using a 25mm2 minimum cable with preferably an in-line heavy duty fuse link on each end and from thoes to the main battery master switch terminal.The engines then require a common negative cable between them.

The modern systems are very good and split all the batteries between both alternator outputs which allows one engine running to charge all three banks of batteries if required automaticaly.

When replacing the old AC alternators with new you should only use a proper earth return marine unit and will have to re-wire the main cables as per manufactures instructions possibly through larger capacity ameters if they exceede 50 amps output! Car alternators do not re-charge domestic batteries as well as marine types unless fitted with an extra charge system control system. (IMPORTANT)If you have a petrol engined boat then you must only fit an ignition protected marine alternator! This is recommended only on Diesels but should be seriously considered. The problem is that car alternators have exposed workings with lots of sparks flying around inside the unit just waiting for some petrol fumes to ignite! Marine units are sealed and cannot ignite fumes in the engine space.

Considering this subject is complex and varies between applications i recommend you get professional advice from a marine electrical engineer and only use marine electrical suppliers, all too often i see installations that are dangerouse and not suitable fitted to boats!

(All cables and terminations must be compliant to marine standards as listed in the boat safety essencial guide as a minimum good practice standard) All main cables these days should be fitted with heavy duty fuse links. Most fires aboard boats are caused by electrical systems!

Any members requiring further advice can contact me via e-mail
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 28 Gel Coat Colour?

Author:
Andy Thilo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:38:34 19/10/2009 Mon

Hi

Does anyone know the colour for the gelcoat on the 28's? I have to repairs to do but it's off white and i'd like to make up some repair filler the same colour.

Thanks

Andy
Subject: Bilge Blower on Seamaster 28 Commodore?

Author:
Andy Thilo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:22:09 27/09/2009 Sun

Hi

I am just about to be the happy owner of a very nice Seamaster 28. It's my first ever boat and i'm looking forward to getting her cleaned up fitted out to the way I like.

One of my first jobs will be to fit one or two bilge blowers for safetys sake (which is very important to me, it's petrol BTW). Has anyone fitted this to a 28? due to the rear cabin it would be a long run from the engine to the stern so i'mm thinking that a short 1m run to the sides would be better??

Also what are the best outside vents?, would these work ok?

http://www.force4.co.uk/1459/Force-4-Stainless-Steel-Vent.html

http://www.force4.co.uk/1453/Force-4-Horizontal-Vent-Small--Dia--70mm---Height-90mm.html

http://www.force4.co.uk/5563/Force-4-ABS-Hose-Vent-for-73mm-hose.html

With the first 2 however i'm not sure how the hose would connect to them?

Thanks in advance for your help and i'll be joining the club properly very soon!

Andy
Replies:
Subject: seamaster 24 trailer specs required

Author:
shane hill
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:28:06 13/10/2009 Tue

please help. i bought a 24ft seamaster its in the water and i need to build a trailer, if anyone has hull mesurement please this would help know what size and shape to build the trailer. any help apreciated
Subject: Perkins 4-107

Author:
Steve Swailes (puzzled)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:21:10 02/10/2009 Fri

I am obviously not very bright, but I can't find the drain plug for the cooling system on the 4-107 on my 8M. I know it is on the block somewhere, and the engine is not exactly easily accessible, but I just can't spot it. And the nights are drawing in! Any help would be much appreciated as I need to get some antifreeze into the fresh water sytem asap!
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 30

Author:
David Paterson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:52:48 29/09/2009 Tue

I am thinking of buying a seamaster 30 with twin engines, can anybody tell me if it is possable to dry out on a mud berth without damaging the shafts, rudders or props.
My berth is a pontoon which takes ground at low water and the boat rests on the pontoon.
Replies:
Subject: Boat Age

Author:
Frank Moody
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:01:15 02/08/2009 Sun

Hi! I'm in the process of buying an 813, the information I have only say's the boat is believed to have been built in 1979, is there a way to find out the actual age of the boat Regards Frank,,,
Replies:
Subject: 8 metre front windows

Author:
Bob Heuer Lady Simone
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:15:20 21/09/2009 Mon

Has anyone removed & dissassebled the double glazed units on a Seamaster 8 metre? I would be very gratefull for any advice tips Etc. Particularly the part numbers of the rubber seals. I am contemplating this job as I am suffering severe condensation in both windows and have struggled to find a reliable proffesional to carry out the work here in the Fens.
Replies:
Subject: Seamast 19 swing keel

Author:
Mar Kisby (Happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:59:10 27/08/2009 Thu

Hoping you can help..

I have a 19' sailer with a swing keel. The swing keel plate is very rusted and has infact dropped off... I have recovered it but if any one has a plan of the plate so I can get another made this would be very helpful. Even just the correct gauge of plate would help...

Many thanks.

mark Kisby
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 30

Author:
Jack Guntrip
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:48:12 05/09/2009 Sat

I have a Seamaster 30, twin shafts, 1.1/4inch shafts with conventional stuffing boxes, attached to main stern tube by rubber boots. I would like to know where I can obtain the right type of rubber hose for the boots and what is likely to be the correct seal braid for the stuffing boxes, also where is there an outlet for the cutlass bearings in the "p" brackets.
I live in Kent and keep my boat on the Medway.
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 815 Rigging

Author:
Nick
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:11:42 04/09/2009 Fri

Does anyone have a rigging plan/details for the 815 sailer.

I need to get my standing rigging changed and the rigger has asked if I have any rog plans etc.

Many thanks in advance Nick
Replies:
Subject: Re Boat Age

Author:
Mike Bourke
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:34:08 02/09/2009 Wed

We searched high and low having no plaque, we eventualy found it written in pencil on the underside of one of the cut out wooden inserts at the bottom of a locker. Apparently this was done during the building process to ensure the correct insert went in the right boat.
Subject: Seamaster 30 steering issue

Author:
Bob (Blimey that was close !)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:18:43 31/08/2009 Mon

I have recently aquired a Seamaster 30 which my wife and I are very pleased with. It's a soft top with a single 1800cc engine which I think is a Thornycroft although it has C&C Marine on the rocker cover and dashboard. The only problem that we have is steering it, this was immediatly apparant when we test drove her at the boatyard. The boatyard demonstrater seemed to have no trouble but when I took the helm, I ended up with lots of overstear in each direction and a boat zig-zaging down the river. I put this down to the boat being so much bigger and heavier with less immediate responce than our previous shorter, narrower craft with rear cockpit and also not having enough time to realy 'get the feel of her'. We have now taken her out several times and whilst we are getting more use to her, the steering does seem to have a mind of its own sometimes. I think that most of the problem lies with the amount of slack at the wheel which is around 3inches at the rim which you have to go through each time you make an adjustment to your course. I have also noticed that you can rock the steering wheel around suggesting that the bearing might me showing its age. Is this amount of slack normal and what if anything can be done to reduce it ? Any responce would be gratefully received.
Subject: motor meter sender unit for fuel tank

Author:
john gilbert (oily)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:42:17 25/08/2009 Tue

Can anyone advise me where to obtain the sender for a motor meter fuel gauge please
Subject: Chainplates need replaced on 23S

Author:
Stephen Shannon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:32:53 15/06/2009 Mon

I have a 23 foot sailing seamaster. The shrouds are pulling up the decking. The decking around the shrouds has slight cracks and is pulling up.

Does anyone have any advice, experience in

-cutting through the fibre glass and replacing the chainplates?

-repairing the decking and replacing the shround?
Replies:
Subject: Replacements needed for old auto electrics? I can recommend a supplier.

Author:
Mike Thompson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:27:44 05/08/2009 Wed

If you need to replace an old or obsolete component in your engine electrics it would be well worth while contacting Wood Auto Supplies Ltd, Cromwell Works, Colne Road, Huddersfield, HD1 3ES,
http://www.woodauto.com/default.aspx.

The 4TR regulator on my boat failed last week and they were able to supply a brand-new replacement, plus a set of brushes for my 11AC alternator. The regulator turned out to be a newly-manufactured pattern item, not an old stock Lucas.

At the moment their website only supports on-line ordering from business customers but they are happy to deal with private individuals by telephone and/or email. They were incredibly helpful. I ordered by email, paid by PayPal and received my order the next day. The boat was up and running again in less than a week.

Regards,
Mike.
Subject: water in Oil Seamaster 23s

Author:
jonathan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:33:27 26/05/2009 Tue

Hi I recently changed my Oil in a 10hp Buka, and I've noticed the Oil has emulsified with water. It will start easily and run but will not get to full power, what checks can I do before I take the head off for inspection ?
Replies:
Subject: renewing bumper rudder(?) seamaster 815

Author:
piet glerum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:58:30 28/07/2009 Tue

I owe a seamaster 815 sailingboat nr 5568 build in 1977.The bumpermaterial is detoriated and hardened, partly broken bij weatherconditions. Does anyone knows how to renew and where to buy bumpermaterial with the same demension/material,or otherwise can help me in this matter.Is rubber a good material as it shrinks and expands a lot in changing temperatures?

Greetings Piet
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 27 sky lights

Author:
Steve Hobbs (puzzled)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:08:52 17/05/2009 Sun

I have just purchased a Seamaster 27 and need to replace the plastic sky lights. Does any one know where I could obtain them?
Replies:
Subject: Help!! prop shaft turning but no forward or backward propulsion

Author:
Steve (worried)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:05:26 15/06/2009 Mon

Can anyone help I have just acquired a Seamaster 27 but have broken down with no forward or backward propulsion. The prop shaft turns in gear. Has the propeller dropped off or is lose? p bracket,cutlass bearing, propeller
Replies:
Subject: volvo 270 outdrive

Author:
a.holt (trouble)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:58:20 02/06/2009 Tue

Please can any one help ?
Lost my steering on last trip and found that a bolt is missing on the steering helmet. It looks like it should be about 50mm long with a large countersunk head. Have tried to order the correct one but keep being sent the wrong one as all the dealers i have contacted seem to have no idea. It is a volvo 270 stern drive and the missing bolt goes thru the helmet into the body on the under side. Any ideas ? Would like to know what it should look like and a possible part no. PLEASE HELP
Subject: Seamaster 23 trailer measurements

Author:
John Blackburne
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:56:29 07/11/2008 Fri

I have just brought a trailer for my Seamaster 23 "St Helen" 514 but it does not have any side supports. Can anyone advise as to (1) The width of the stub keel (I have a lifting keel) so I can make a channel in the trailer for the stub keel to sit in and (2) Any advice as to hull profile so I can make side supports .Thank you.
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 30 Prop QUERY

Author:
Martin Lynch
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:17:23 27/01/2009 Tue

Hi,
Wondering if anyone can help with prop selection for a semaster 30 with a Perkins 4107. Does anyone know what was the factory fit size provided. After our survey it was recommended we put a 16 x 12 on.
Think the one on it was either swapped out or ground down by hire company to slow boat down. It is only a R14"

So if anyone has any ideas on what Radius and Pitch of Prop would suit please drop me a mail

thanks so much in advance
regards
Martin
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 25 twin perkins 4108 - capabilties

Author:
Chris Stubley
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:06:15 08/05/2009 Fri

Hi to everyone,

I have just acquired my first boat, a 1974 Seamaster 25 with twin 4108 perkins engines. It's moored in Plymouth and i need to sail it to Limerick in Ireland. I have 20 years small boat experience offshore ( no rocks or coastline to hit ) but no coastal cruising experience. I am a navigator on a survey boat and have good sea survival training ( i hope i won't need it!! ). I plan a solo voyage, daytime only, in june.
Any advice would be appreciated, hints, tips or otherwise.
What range will it have, how fast will it go and am i insane??

Cheers

Chris Stubley
Subject: Teleflex control problems

Author:
Rob Poulter
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:39:34 05/05/2009 Tue

Has anybody experienced a problem with the teleflex single lever control (Stainless steel version with a push button to select nuetral)

I pressed the button to disengage gears to run the engine and normally when I pull the throttle back to the midway point it automatically drops back into engaged node so I can then push the throttle forward again to engage drive.

This time it did not engage as if the button is stuck pressed down.

Any ideas how to fix the problem would be appreciated.
Subject: Sacrifical Anodes

Author:
P. M. Reid " NASHIRA "
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:55:49 27/04/2009 Mon

I am new to this new fangled internet technology so here goes.
I have sailed " NASHIRA" ( 815 Sailer ) since 1993 and never come across a sacrifical anode so have never replaced one and don't even know if I have one and if so it has not been replaced.
Please advise the whereabouts of my sacrifical anode
Replies:
Subject: seamaster 23 trailer

Author:
chris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:54:12 03/05/2009 Sun

where would be a good place to buy a secondhand trailer for a seamaster 23.
Subject: screws

Author:
Jimmy Dent (Happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:55:50 09/04/2009 Thu

Hi everyone, would anybody know where in Ireland or England i could buy screws that fit the plate for my inpeller. there are 6 screws in all and i am finding it hard to come accros these as they are imperial thread and anything below a 6m screw cannot be found anywhere.My engin is a perkings 4.108.
Thanks.
Replies:
Subject: Roller reefing, forestay.

Author:
Kevin Barrett (Puzzled)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:33:39 23/03/2009 Mon

I have a seamaster sailer 19 with a Plastimo 401 (I think) roller reefing system. It all spins quite happily on its own, but when the halyard bearing is hoisted to the top, the halyard wraps itself around the bearing. I've spent £54 on a new bearing assembly, not fitted yet, as the old one feels as free
Replies:
Subject: Repairing Admiral 25 rubbing strakes

Author:
Alan Smith
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:44:17 25/03/2009 Wed

Our Admiral has hardwood rubbing strakes fitted along the entire length of the gunwale. Can any of you tell me what lies beneath? We've got to replace a section on either side, where the wood has started to rot. I'm scared to cut in case the hull joint protrudes into the strake. Looking at the fitting, it seems as though the main part of the strake is screwed through to timber on the inside of the edge of the deck but there's a secondary strip fastened underneath the strake throughout. The section around the curve of the bow is laminated.

Has any of you worked on this feature? I'd be really pleased to hear from you -- what to be careful of, etc.

Best wishes,

Alan
Subject: Help - need a thermastic housing top for Ford 1.6l petrol Engine

Author:
Nij (:()
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:50:50 22/03/2009 Sun

Hello All,

During the winter my boat (Seamaster) was out of the water - but I did not empty all the water from my Engine. As a result - the constant freezing and thawing has caused the thermostat housing top to crack!

This is a cast iron piece which will be difficult to repair. Does anyone know where I can get one, or even better has one available.

The piece has the words Wortham Blake molded into it - which I think relates to the marine aspect of the ford Xflow engine.

Thanks in advance

Nij
Subject: Fitting of GPS Radome / VHF Aerial to a Seamaster 27

Author:
Ian D. Bennett
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:57:11 06/03/2009 Fri

I am looking at having my boatyard fit a GPS Radome and a VHF Aerial to our Seamaster 27. Has anyone else attempted this / or had this done to their Seamaster and if so where did you mount your GPS Radome? I have considered mounting it directly onto the coachroof, but I don’t want the interior headlining to be disturbed, also the boatyard are not happy at doing this either. I have seen another Seamaster 27 with their GPS Radome attached to a bracket protruding from the centre of the windscreen, this could be an option, as the boatyard have said they can fashion a bracket from aluminium which would then be secured to the windscreen frame. The VHF Aerial is a folding type so I am considering having this mounted on the port-side of the superstructure near to the navigation light.

It’s at times like this that I wish she had a hardtop over the cockpit ;o)

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Ian.
Replies:
Subject: Admiral 25 bow fittings

Author:
Alan Smith
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:41:56 08/03/2009 Sun

Hello peops.

Our Admiral has had a different pulpit fitted. Whoever fitted it seems to have been able to use the two aft location points of the original but the two forward legs have been bolted through the deck just inboard of the bow cleats. There are two square aluminium blocks, bolted to the deck, a foot either side of the bow roller. It looks as though these were where the original pulpit was fixed. Can anyone confirm this?

The four bolts that secure each of these to the deck have rusted to the point where the heads sheared off when I tried to remove them. Despite applying plenty of penetrating oil, and liberal use of a hammer, the blocks are staying stubbornly attached to the deck.

I'll be grateful for any suggestions. At present, I'm drifting towards tidying them up and leaving them there but I'd prefer to remove them.

Best wishes,

Alan
Replies:
Subject: Boat covers

Author:
waterside Boat covers
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:37:04 04/03/2009 Wed

1o years years in making covers........ i use to work for wilson's of kinver and 2 years ago set my own cover company up...which grow's every year....

we are offering 10% of your order
Subject: Tachometer sender?

Author:
Alan Smith
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:44:42 10/02/2009 Tue

Hi gang.

We've got a Lucas LRA100 alternator, fitted to our Perkins diesel. Has it got a 'W' terminal? There's an unused spade terminal, recessed into the top of black plastic cover at the non-pulley end. Is that it?

Best wishes,

Alan
Replies:
Subject: Enfield 130/Perkins mk2 sterndrive

Author:
macnorton
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:46:28 02/03/2009 Mon

Has anyone got any spares for the older version of this drive?

I know new parts are available but there are diferences and I want the old style.

Thanks Rick..
Subject: Prop-size Seamaster 813

Author:
Ron
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:04:14 01/03/2009 Sun

Hello Seamaster “club”
I need some info about prop-size for a Seamaster 813
We own 2 Seamasters, a 813 and a 30
The 30 named “Master T” has 2 Leyland thonycroft 2,5 diesels
TMP gearbox’s, gearratio 2 / 1
A view years ago i fitted new props to reduce rpm’s from 3500 to 2600 max
Note: prop-size enlaged from 16 X 12 to 16 X 16, topspeed from 8 up to 10 knots

The 813 named Virodi has a Single Wortham Blake / BLMC Fisherboy 1.5 litre diesel.
Wortham Blake HyDrive gearbox, gearratio 2 / 1
Curently a 12 X 8 rh prop

Now we want to fit a new prop under the 813 to reduce rpm’s from 3300 to about 2600 rpm
Engine running at max 3300 rpm / 7 knots

What is the standard Prop-size?
What is the recomanded prop-size to reduce engine prm’s to 2600?

With best regards
Ronny de Leeuw
Middelburg
The Nederlands
Subject: Seamaster 23 history

Author:
Jon Brownsword
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:07:07 24/02/2009 Tue

Hi we are looking for some background on our Seamaster 23 cruiser. we purchased "Audrey Christine" as a project.
We have no history for her at all. Just wondering if anyone knows of her or where we can find information about her. We bought her end of last year and are still striping her down to get rid of all the rot.
She is number 493
current name "Audrey Christine"
Reg No G14433
Jon & Sally
Subject: Seamaster 815 Outhaul

Author:
Andy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:53:35 08/02/2009 Sun

I brought a Seamaster 815 last year and found that the outhaul is jammed, the shackle won't move out of the aft end of the boom. I want to try and fix this myself, anyone have any idea?
Subject: seamaster 23s cockpit channel/bulge

Author:
jonathanJoy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:59:10 20/08/2008 Wed

seamaster 23s cockpit channel/bulge,
Hi Does anybody know the purpose of the channel/bulge between the cockpit door and the lifting keel winch. I notice on some photos it may be used. On mine its part of the molding with no exterior opening ??
Replies:
Subject: Sailer 23 General Advice

Author:
Ariel of Pool
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:10:47 10/02/2008 Sun

Hi all,

We recently bought a lifting keel Sailer 23 and have her out of the water at the minute and I was hoping for some general advice.

Apart from the obvious antifouling job, the other problem that we are trying to address is that we noticed very slight drips of water coming in through transom from the lower rudder pintle bolt holes. Out the water we can see that the seal around the pintle is worn. Our plan is to remove the bolted fitting and replace the seal with suitable epoxy/waterproofing. Any advice from someone who has done this job would be appreciated.

On a wider issue, I think that this weakening has been caused because there is some play in the rudder. This is being caused because the hole in this lower pintle (which the metal rudder post goes through) seems to have widened - which means the rudder 'thunks' around. Am I worrying about nothing or should I be looking to get a replacement lower pintle / bracket? Any advice would be appreciated.

The other question I had was about scarificial anodes. The one we have under the hull (connected to the prop shaft) seems to have been doing its job and needs to be replaced. I was wondering, though, whether there should be some sort of anode on the keel?

Thanks,

Rav.
Replies:
Subject: Window seals

Author:
jack bean
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:32:08 17/01/2009 Sat

Hi all,
I'm hoping that someone may be able to help me... i have recently bought a seamaster 813 and at the moment i'm doing some work on her.. I was wondering if anyone could provide me with the name or contact details of suppliers for the seals for the windows on this boat... Many thanks
Replies:
Subject: oil change

Author:
alan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:05:44 12/01/2009 Mon

could you please advise me on how to do an oil change on a perkins 4107dieselin a 1972 seamaster 27 many thanks
Replies:
Subject: We're in a quandary

Author:
Alan Smith
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:13:09 10/01/2009 Sat

My brother and I share a Seamaster 25. It has an ancient (1963) Perkins 4.99 engine, which we've nursed back into reasonable performance but it still only manages to push us along at 6mph. Good enough for the mid-Thames, where we're based, but we'd like to go down to the estuary and the Medway.

We went to the boat show yesterday. I don't know why (yes I do) but we looked at alternative engines: Nanni and Sole particularly. The Sole man, Adrian Taylor made us a very resonable offer on the purchase price of a Sole 44 diesel -- almost a thousand pounds less than the list price.

We were both attracted to the idea but... It's an old boat (mid to late sixties) and, although we've done a lot of improvements already, I wonder if we're not over-investing in her.

In favour of the new engine: peace of mind. We have no auxilliary and it'd be no fun to break down downstream of Richmond or in the estuary. Against: the old Perkins chuffed us all the way up from the Medway when we bought her in the wet summer of '07 (albeit it took 13.5 hours with tidal assistance!)

Would the performance be significantly improved by fitting a new engine? We've checked with Norris & Co and the prop we've got is right for a 40hp engine and a 1:1 gearbox. I'm not savvy enough to work out what the maximum speed you can expect from a boat of this type. Maybe it's design speed is 6mph!

We've got a few days to decide. We'd appreciate comments from all you boaty folk on whether to go ahead with the purchase or not.

Alan
Replies:
Subject: Joining the Seamaster Owners Club

Author:
Alan Law (Lazy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:43:36 31/12/2008 Wed

My out-laws are buying me a years membership of SMOC for crimbo (well new years pressie, as we didn't see them at crimbo)

The membership form talks about hull numbers etc, but I'm not going to get down to the boat till Feb now, so can anyone answer this query for me.

Do I need to provide such info or can they just write "unknown" on the form, and I'll update the details later?
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster Admiral 25

Author:
Val
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:46:29 20/12/2008 Sat

Hi can anyone advise me where I can get a windscreen made for a Seamaster Admiral 25 or if anyone one has a secondhand one for sale
thanks
Subject: Engine Paint

Author:
Robert Picot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:51:25 16/12/2008 Tue

I'm trying to match the original Green / Blue / Turquoise coloured paint used on the Leyland Thorneycroft engine in my 813. Any infrormation on the paint type, actual colour and a source of supply would be much appreciated.
Subject: Split-charge diodes with Lucas alternator

Author:
Mike Thompson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:02:34 08/12/2008 Mon

I wonder if anyone has experience of fitting a standard (i.e. NOT a zero-drop) diode block to a Lucas 11AC alternator (this has a separate external voltage regulator and field relay). Will the volt-drop of the diodes cause problems with the relay pulling in?

Looking at the control circuit it would appear that the external regulator could be connected to the battery side of the diode block, thereby sensing the battery voltage and compensating for the diode drop. Does anyone know if this would cause any problems?
Subject: spinaker Pole

Author:
Clive Cunnington
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:08:55 26/11/2008 Wed

Hi Ian,
Thanks for the reply< I really do not want to spend a great deal of money on a pole, thank for the tip.
I will be sailing on the solent, I keep it on the hamble,
thanks for your input.
regards
Clive.
Replies:
Subject: Spinnaker Pole

Author:
Clive Cunnington
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:56:19 23/11/2008 Sun

I am the proud owner of a Seamaster 28ft Sloop, fin keel (925). When I purchased the boat It did not have a spinnaker pole. Would any one happen to know whare I might be able to get one.
Replies:
Subject: Bathing platform

Author:
Mike Peacey (Help)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:36:06 24/11/2008 Mon

Dear Members
I am seeking help/advice on how to install a small bathing platform on a Seamaster 813 to assist access to an inflatable dinghy.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Mike Peacey (Misty Blue ll)
Replies:
Subject: seamaster 23sailer bukh oil change

Author:
jonathan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:28:37 26/10/2008 Sun

seamaster 23 sailer
HI Can anyone tell me how I change the oil on a bukh 10hp,
is there a dran plug or do I need to syphon
Replies:
Subject: SPARE PARTS FOR PERKINS DIESEL ENGINE

Author:
ANDY JONES
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:19:38 14/11/2008 Fri

I HAVE A 1974 SEAMASTER 23 WITH A PERKINS DIESEL ENGINE WHERE CAN I BUY SPARE PARTS FROM?
Replies:
Subject: 23 cruiser fuel tank

Author:
macnorton
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:22:22 08/05/2008 Thu

I have just replaced the ford petrol engine with a perkins prima diesel,the fuel tank is protected by a grey coating which is not galvanised but i am unsure if it is suitable for storing diesel.

Does anyone know what the tank is coated with?

Anyone need a Wortham Blake Ford petrol engine?
Replies:
Subject: osmosis HELP

Author:
MARK (HAPPY)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:04:32 06/11/2008 Thu

Hi as any one ever come across osmosis on there boat as my mates seamaster as a little bit just had it lifed out to day and ive noticed it there aint a lot of it just want to no how do i cure it for him and will it drop the vaulue of his boat any advice asap please thanks Mark
Replies:
Subject: Steren Gland

Author:
Jimmy Dent (happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:55:21 31/10/2008 Fri

Hello Everyone,Could someone tell me a thing or two about a steren gland,for example how often should i change it ?,is it an easy job to do? should i do the job myself or should i get someone elce to do it for me (insurance reasons should anything go wrong)the boat i have is a seamaster 30 highline with a 4.108 perkins diesal engin.thanks
Jimmy
Replies:
Subject: seamater 23 front eyebrow

Author:
dave sage
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:21:47 23/10/2008 Thu

I have recently purchased a seamaster 23 and need to replace the wood underneath the front eyebrow and above the front windows.I also need to replace front window seals as my wife informed me yesterday.Has anybody done this and can give any tips or advice and a place to purchase the window seals.

Yours hopefully Dave.
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 925 keel bolts

Author:
Pete
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:07:19 28/10/2008 Tue

I have bought a Seamaster 925 in the Shetland Islands and would like any information available about the keel bolts.
Has anybody replaced the bolts? How much work is involved in changing the bolts? Are they stainless bolts?
Any information gratefully received. Thanks
Subject: Latching cupboard door handle

Author:
Mike Thompson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:25:18 16/09/2008 Tue

I wonder if anyone knows where I can lay my hands on a latching handle and catch assembly as fitted to the cupboard on my 23 cruiser. The handle is about 11cm long, is made from pressed stainless steel and has an elongated button which operates a pushrod to release the catch. Ideally I would like to get hold of two of them. If anyone thinks they might be able to help I can email a photo of the item.

Thanks.
Replies:
Subject: Condensation on escape hatch

Author:
Hans
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:44:11 05/08/2008 Tue

When nicely asleep in the front cabin of my Sea Master 815 Sailer, I get disturbed by cold drops of condensation of the glas escape hatch and locking levers above me.
Even when the hatch is open, it drips.
anybody with a tip?

Thanks, Hans.
Replies:
Subject: Tuphfitting 323 roller reef in 9 foot boom worn and dangerous

Author:
Richard Denyer (Sad I can't use me boat!!!)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:31:47 16/10/2008 Thu

We have had our Seamaster 23 for three years and had some hard sailing in Cardigan Bay. The Boom needs the original Tuphfitting spar replaced - its dangerous as it is. Replacement please or I am even prepared to buy whole boom and fittings. Can use her as she is. As a one armed sailor in pain 24/7, out in the bay I can truly say I can put my pain behind me. HELP please. Pleas feel free to phone me 01970 828649 or wife 05511443080
Replies:
Subject: SEAMASTER 19, lifting keel

Author:
alan piper
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:28:04 04/10/2008 Sat

Hi, ive recently purchased this cruiser and would like to talk to other owners. This is my first sailing boat, i intend to join a club here in Ireland where i live.
Before this i have to bring it back to Ireland from Poole, Dorset. This is being arranged at present.
The boat as no engine, what type of outbourd is best suited to this vessel and maximum power? (The reason i need to know this, is i have to move the boat to a marina near by to be lifted onto my trailer)
At this early stage of my ownership, i would be grateful for any info that you think would be helpfull.

Kind regards.

Alan.
Replies:
Subject: seamster 23 s Roller reefing /sails sizes

Author:
nik
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:14:45 23/09/2008 Tue

I wondered if anyone could tell me how the roller reefing main works on a 23 how does the kicker work, ie do they normaly have a reefing claw or does the sail get wound around and left? I'm asking as am hoping to buy one but it is one of the unanswered questions I have. Also I wondered what are the dimensions of the orginal sails I see on the forums the sq ft sizes but that was all I was hoping to price up some second hand ones. The current main stops short of the boom and the only jib is a rather small one. I'd like to know what I'm getting myself into before I start! Did sail very nicely when i tried her out, but didnt try a reef!

thanks
Replies:
Subject: air draught of a seamaster cadet

Author:
brian stevens
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:57:34 06/10/2008 Mon

Can someone tell me the air draught of a sea master cadet,I am looking at one next weekend with a view to taking it on the norfolk broads and would wish to go under Potter Heigham bridge.I have been told that the windscreen doesn't fold, is it possible to get this done?
Replies:
Subject: Removal of a Starter Motor on a Perkins 4 107

Author:
Ian D. Bennett
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:52:31 17/09/2008 Wed

Dear All,

I am attempting to remove the starter motor from the Perkins 4 107 fitted to my Seamaster 27. Has anyone else attempted this procedure? I ask as I have undone the two locking bolts for the starter motor, however, the starter motor won't come free? Can anyone please confirm that there are just two mounting bolts for the starter motor, I suspect that the starter motor has not been off the engine for 30+ years.

Thanks in advance,

Ian.
Replies:
Subject: weights

Author:
debbie (help)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:11:41 16/09/2008 Tue

please can someone convert the weight of my seamaster 17 from 8cwts to kilos please. thank you
Replies:
Subject: seamaster 27

Author:
phil mead
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:31:15 28/12/2007 Fri

Please can anybody help me, i am looking for a supplier of a speed log impellor and a pair of roof vents for a seamaster 27.
Phil.
Replies:
Subject: Oil & Fuel filters for Perkins 4.108

Author:
Mike Thompson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:09:22 01/08/2008 Fri

Does anyone know where I can obtain oil and fuel filters for my Perkins 4.108 (preferably in the Cambridge area or else online)? The cartons that were left on the boat have the following numbers :-
Oil : Mann H 1029/1n
Fuel : Fram C11846PL

Regards,
Mike.
Replies:
Subject: trailer

Author:
darren field (happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:42:07 02/09/2008 Tue

Hello,

i'm needing advice, we have just recently purchased a seamaster 17 as our first boat, but what we would like to do is purchase a trailer for it so we can do some paint work on the hull at our own pace at home. please can anyone advise what type of trailer we would need to look for, for this type of boat.

thank you
Replies:
Subject: Seamaster 27 Bilge outlet

Author:
Emma Wheeler
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:09:30 25/08/2008 Mon

Hello,

We're new here, so please excuse the stupid questions (we are boating novices).

We've just purchased a 27ft Seamaster (Orlanda) it was once called Suzy Wong I believe if that rings any bells with anyone. Anyhow, It's got a new engine (Beta Marine) and all the electrics look pretty tidy. There are however a few things we may need some advice regarding.

The bilge pump and plumbing all look a bit dodgy - is it normal for this model to have it's bilge outlet at almost below water level (or is this maybe due to it having a new (heavier?) engine. Is this something we should be worried about?

Also, the Paloma(SP?) water heater thing is not working, I have been quoted between 600-1400 to have a calorifier fitted & plumbed into the existing shower / sinks - if there is anyone in the lower Thames area that is known to be able to do this kind of work for us I'd appreciate a recommendation as we'd like to get this sorted over the winter. The massive variation in quotes seems a bit odd, but I don't know if this is private Vs boat yard prices or if there are loads of different types/sizes which may account for the price difference.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Emma
Replies:
Subject: seamaster 30 front foredeck

Author:
mike (help)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:23:08 27/08/2008 Wed

Hi to seamaster 30 owners out there!
I am the proud owner of an elderly 30 (the one with the eyelashes front & back) A surveyor has commented that the foredeck strength needs verifying.Can someone tell me does the deck need to be strengthened.Has anyone else had a problem?
Subject: seamaster 23

Author:
neill
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:56:43 25/08/2008 Mon

Hi there i'm trying to trace the history of my boat.The serial number is 496 it would be great if anybody could help.it was bought in england on saddleworth moor i think it may have cruised on the severn.here's hoping ta.
Subject: Can a seamaster 30 go on the sea?(not because of namesake)

Author:
Mary Condron
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:34:10 03/07/2008 Thu

I have a seamaster 30 and I was wondering if it could go in the sea without it capsizing or anything,or are esturies the limit?I would be interesting to know.
Replies:
Subject: seamaster 8M directional stability

Author:
colin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:55:49 18/08/2008 Mon

I have an 8M I got about 3 months ago.The problem is it tends to wander at river speeds. I have never had a boat that was as bad as this.I had a norman 23 a few years ago that would wander a bit and I notised that if somone was sitting right up in the bow it was better, so I put some ballast right up in the front locker and it was much better.Is anyone having this problem whith the 8M or is it just mine? I know it has not been out of the water for a long time and there is alot of weed on the hull.Could it be that or do all 8M wander?
Subject: Mast Vibrations

Author:
Hans
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:35:40 05/08/2008 Tue

I am the proud owner of a Sea Master 815 Sailer.
When motoring against the wind, my mast is vibrating in the wind. I can see and hear it bend at approx. 4-5 Hz.
Does anybody know what to do to stop this?
Thanks,
Hans
Replies:
Subject: River Ouse cruising

Author:
Phil Belli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:11:53 06/08/2008 Wed

2 years ago I took my seamaster 813 onto the Ouse at York for a week and enjoyed it. (I'm usually on the Lancaster Canal!) Am thinking of mooring it there and possibly moving to a twin engine '30 or similar for forays down river ato Hul, the Trent or even beyond....! Any one moored on the Ouse who would pm me as I would like a chat about life on that river. many thanks,
Phil
Replies:
Subject: Pump out toilet on a Seamaster 813

Author:
Dan Parker
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:10:51 05/08/2008 Tue

The 'boxing' around the holding tank on my 813 needs to be replaced, has anybody relevant experience, as I am not sure how to go about this.
Help regarding plumbing and removal of the toilet itself would be very helpful.
Thanks, Dan.
Main index ] [ Archives: 1[2]34 ]
Thank you for visiting The Seamaster Club Message Forum. If you find this interesting, and own a Seamaster boat, why not join the Seamaster Club. Application details are in the club section of the web site.
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.