VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123 ]
Subject: Re: Derbyshire school cruises, 1980 &1982

Author:
Alasdair James Alan Cook (Happy days)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 20:02:22 01/24/10 Sun
In reply to: Sarah Townsend (ne: Hudston) 's message, "Derbyshire school cruises, 1980 &1982" on 19:37:32 06/04/07 Mon

I sailed with my parents, as a cabin passenger on the cruise in december 1980 when we couldn't get into Alexandra because of the storm and I remember coming out of Limassol and going round in circles because of the bent rudder! But they were happy days I went again the following August to Scandinavia from Southampton and hoped to go the following year but it was not to be as UGANDA went to the Falklands.
Went on my First cruise last October, since UGANDA, on board Fred Olsen's Black Watch to Northern Spain, Portugal and Guernsey But due to 30ft waves in the Bay of Biscay never left it to get to Portugal! and due to rough weather couldn't launch the lifeboats to take us ashore in Gurensey, apart from that enjoyed the cruise but not the same as UGANDA.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Derbyshire school cruises, 1980 &1982Craig Reynolds (happy)16:03:30 11/09/11 Wed
    Re: Derbyshire school cruises, 1980 &1982Gaynor (Bickley)14:21:55 04/07/13 Sun

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.