VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9]10 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 17:13:34 05/08/02 Wed
Author: Cari
Subject: Question Ladies

You'd think at 52 I'd be past this, but once a month I have a couple of days of unbearable cramps, a couple of days of potentially being the bitch from hell, and then a couple of days of unrelenting desparately deep depression. I'm starting on this path again today.

I'm not much of a pill-taker, but even if I were, the doctor's have never offered much that was very effective. I start out using heat. Hot tea, warm compresses and an over-the-counter pain reliever. Helps a little, not much. For the grouchiness and depression, I just try to anticipate, warn the kids they're entering a danger zone and mentally maintain control. It's hard sometimes. I remember once about 4 years ago, I had left a late meeting with a customer and found myself sitting in the car by a pond sobbing and thinking what it would be like to have the water coming in all around me. I had no idea how I had gotten there or what I was depressed about. That's an extreme example of how it hits me. When I tried to tell the doctor about it, he said, well these things happen with women just keep your chin up.

So do any of the rest of you have these monthly bouts of grouchiness and depression and what remedies do you use?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.