VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]234 ]

Irish Dance Message Board - Southern Region
Welcome to the Irish Dance Message Board for the Southern Region. This board will be moderated to maintain a friendly, fun and supportive forum - in true Southern Region style! If you read any message that you deem inappropriate please email me @ srmessageboard@yahoo.com and I will remove it at your request.....Thanks...Have fun and enjoy!

• Congratulations to Miya Stefanick from the Broesler School, All Scots u18 Champion Winner!! -- Go SRO, 05:47:51 02/20/17 Mon
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Registrations have opened for the Dayton Feis. -- Dayton Dance Mom, 10:29:22 02/21/17 Tue
    The feis will be held April 29th at the Hobart Arena in Troy, Ohio. For PC dancers, this weekend is the last opportunity to get that last 1st to qualify for OC in time for the 2017 North American Irish Dance Championships! We hope to see many of our Southern friends at the feis! www.quickfeis.com

[ Edit | View ]

• Wisconsin Spring Feis - May 6th - Registration Opens Tonight!!!! -- Wisconsin Spring Feis, 07:34:43 02/21/17 Tue

The Wisconsin Spring Feis will open on Feisworx tonight. The feis is scheduled to be held on Saturday, May 6, 2017 at the Wisconsin Convention Center in downtown Milwaukee.

-We will be running 9 competition stages. 3 stages for PC/OC competitions and 6 stages for grades competitions.

-NEW THIS YEAR: Champ Stages will each be in their own Ballroom on the 2nd Floor of the Convention Center.

- Grades competitions will be scheduled by dance.

- PC/OC stages will be scheduled oldest to youngest. Soft shoe will be danced first.

-We will be presenting 6 Perpetual Trophies in PC/OC competitions.

-Treble Reel competitions will be held at the end of the day.

-We have secured a block of rooms at the Hilton Hotel, adjacent to the competition venue. A room rate of $105 has been secured for reservations made prior to April 6, 2017.

-A complete listing of adjudicators and musicians is expected to be posted on our website within the next month.

-We look forward to hosting all of our guests at the feis this spring!!

Please also look for Celtic Spirit Feis Registration opening soon for the feis being held on Sunday, May 7, 2017.

For the most current up to date information like us on Facebook at “Wisconsin Spring Feis and Celtic Spirit Feis Weekend”

Questions or need to reach us? Send your message to: WisconsinSpringFeis.contact@gmail.com

[ Edit | View ]

• Is the Muggivan Feis in Richmond happening this year? I am new in my department and need to schedule any time-off requests for the year post haste. -- We are interested but can't find any information., 17:26:47 02/19/17 Sun
    [ Edit | View ]

• Congratulations to Cassidy Leubbers from Broesler for being 3rd at All Scotlands. And to Mary Katherine Kulp (4th), Eric Schiff (13th), Ashleigh Hopkins(14th), Roisin Murray(27th), and Laura Cass (32nd) for their placements, too! -- Great job all!, 10:31:29 02/18/17 Sat
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Don't see Comhaltas Feis on NAFC schedule. Is it happening this year? -- DM, 09:39:26 02/12/17 Sun
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Online Irish dance strength & conditioning program - 50% off next 30 hours -- Ellen @ Target Training, 16:42:47 02/13/17 Mon
    Have you heard about Target Training's Online Institute? An evidence based, Irish dance-specific strength and conditioning program that's available to you ANYWHERE - ANYTIME.

Now is the perfect time to give it a try with 50% off your first month.
    Use the code VALENTINE at checkout and start transforming your dancing today. Promotion ends at midnight on Valentine's day!
    Get started at institute.targettrainingdance.com

For more information about our classes and our upcoming 2017 Summer Training Tour, visit www.targettrainingdance.com

Happy Training!

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Today is the last day to register without a late fee for the Texas State Championships & Feis and the new Cowtown Feis. Come to Dallas March 4&5 for back-to-back feiseanna! 6 stages; champ awards as we go; mass on Saturday evening; fun specials! Join us! -- Feis Committee, 07:48:42 02/16/17 Thu
    [ Edit | View ]

• Are many Southern Region dancers heading to the All Scotland Championships -- Dancer, 04:46:09 02/15/17 Wed
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Sadly, it is time for the traveling Feis 'n Stuff vendor booth to retire. -- Sonia, 14:15:30 02/15/17 Wed
    I'm selling off my remaining stock in bulk at wholesale prices. If you are interested in purchasing stock, please message or email me. Most of my remaining stock is available for viewing at www.feisnstuff.com, although the available inventory is different from what is seen online. If you are a feis vendor, this is a great opportunity to pick up a nice variety of tee shirts, kickpants in assorted colors, jewelry, gifts, and Irish dance doll clothing at wholesale prices. Bulk sales only.

[ Edit | View ]

• This lovely dress needs a new home. Immaculate condition. Worn once! -- ID Mum, 02:30:59 02/15/17 Wed
    Make me an offer. Would be perfect for prelim or new to open dancer. Measurments inside. Asking around £500.

http://www.dance.net/topic/10244529/1/Dresses-Costumes/Make-me-an-offer-Immaculate-dress-worn-once.html&replies=0

[ Edit | View ]

• Walsh Kelly Feis, any chance you can get more rooms in your block? They are now charging $169. -- Dancemom, 04:09:18 02/14/17 Tue
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Raleigh feis committee! Once again a class act! THANK YOU for hosting the best feis in the south! -- You guys rock!, 19:42:57 02/11/17 Sat
    Your volunteers were beyond amazing, food choices, space, vendors, seating, halls. Can't say enough great things! And the cupcake bar coupon? Fabulous! The crystal globe? Cool!

Again keep up the great work! Thank you!

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Looking for a room at City West for Worlds for 4/12-4/17. Click on name for my email. Thanks! -- Ana, 10:44:40 02/13/17 Mon
    [ Edit | View ]

• Inishfree Bluebonnet Feis is now open for registration. The feis is Saturday, April 29. We will have 6 stages and Supplemental Preliminary Champhionships will be offered. This gives you 2 oppurtunities in one day to get that needed first! This is also the last weekend to earn a first place and qualify for Nationals. Registration is on Feisworx. See you there! -- BB Feis Committee, 08:19:24 02/13/17 Mon
    [ Edit | View ]

• Just heard about that new dress company GoldenEire. Has anyone ordered from it? Their costumes look really nice. -- Interested dance mom, 05:18:24 02/08/17 Wed
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Two weeks left to register (without a late fee) for the March 4&5 back-to-back feiseanna in Dallas! Come join us for the Texas State Championships & Feis and the new Cowtown Feis. Registration is on Feisworx. Free 7-minute hotel shuttle from DFW airport to the feis hotel. 6 stages. No late fee to make registration changes if your dancer moves up on Saturday. We will be holding Mass on Saturday evening. Come on down and join us! -- Feis Committee, 07:56:03 02/02/17 Thu
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Raleigh Feis -- Well done!, 11:55:17 02/11/17 Sat
    Had a great time. Things ran fast and smooth. Thank you for not making the music excutiatingly loud, it was just right. Pleasantly surprised to see judges address some of the younger kids in troops with advice and encouragement.

Also went to the music competition last night. I always enjoy that but thank goodness someone did something different. You cannare boy take so many Danny Boy renditions and fiddle tunes. Some girl played xylophone (I think you call it). She was good.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Raleigh Fris host hotel noise -- SRM, 19:39:52 02/10/17 Fri
    If you are staying in the Marriott and hearing the constant loud music and banging coming from the park outside the hotel- we finally got an answer- it's a protest and should be ending at 11. Very unfortunate as I'm sure there are many of us trying to get dancers to bed and it sounds like we are at a bad rock concert. At least it should be stopping at 11.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Just heard a radio advertisement for Rockin Road to Dublin which is touring all along the East Coast, including VA, GA, FL, AR, TX,NC, SC, TN -- Feis life, 15:29:50 02/10/17 Fri
    Checked the website and there are several Southern Region dancers performing in the show, so just want to give them a shout-out and a "break-a-leg". Have heard good things and hope to catch the Richmond show.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• ***RALEIGH FEIS SCHEDULE***** -- RaleighFeisSocialMedia, 07:13:08 02/07/17 Tue
    The schedule for the Raleigh Feis is now up!
    Can't wait to see y'all this weekend!

http://www.feisworx.com/feis/Raleigh2017Schedule.pdf

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Hair and makeup appointments available for both Raleigh and Feis na Tara -- Karen/Celtic Curls, 09:06:36 02/09/17 Thu
    We have appointments open for this weekend and the following weekend. Please text 813-928-4874 or email us at sales@celticcurls.com

[ Edit | View ]

• SRO dates -- Dec 1-3 or is it the following weekend? -- Anyone know? Tnx, 04:21:47 02/05/17 Sun
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Treat yourself to a new dress for half price, and .. -- Email for more info, 11:01:05 02/08/17 Wed

I have a new OTR for $150.00 girls size 8-10,
    and a couple of custom designed spots for $595.00

http://thevelvetcastle.wixsite.com/the-velvet-castle/drawingroom

[ Edit | View ]

• How to transfer a hotel room? -- imd, 20:33:05 02/05/17 Sun
    Those of you who have transferred a hotel room to another person for a major: What is the process for doing this? How do you transfer the room to another family and get your deposit back? Any advice or warnings would be greatly appreciated! TIA

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Florida Campionships & West Florida Championships- nice feis in one of our favorite locations. Ran well and we were out by 3pm each day. New electronic system seemed to help a lot. HOWEVER, we were disappointed in the award percentages. It wasn't the same in all groups. They placed top 50% in one age group then only 4 of 10 in another. My child's prelim group only placed top 5 when there were 12 (no ties). Yet group before and group after placed top half. MORE INSIDE -- Fldm, 15:00:03 02/05/17 Sun
    nice feis in one of our favorite locations. Ran well and we were out by 3pm each day. New electronic system seemed to help a lot. HOWEVER, we were disappointed in the award percentages. It wasn't the same in all groups. They placed top 50% in one age group then only 4 of 10 in another. My child's prelim group only placed top 5 when there were 12 (no ties). Yet group before and group after placed top half. No rhyme or reason. Keep it the same across the board. Both my children lost out on placements because of it. Again, great feis....but this left a sour taste.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Are you looking for a final competition before Worlds? Or is it your first time to compete at a feis? The McGrath Feis is an excellent option to achieve your goals. We provide oireachtas quality sashes for the top 3 places in prelim and open. We have a wonderful list of excellent judges: Rowena Schultz, John Heinzman, Maureen Bakke, Sheila Bremer, Devin Cornell, Gary Healy, Vincent OConnor, Sean Flynn, Byron Tuttle, Ed Searle, Karl Drake and Maura Glynn. Join us on April 2nd in Woodbridge, VA! Register on feisworx.com today -- McGrath Feis Committee, 10:42:11 02/07/17 Tue
    [ Edit | View ]

• Raleigh Feis what times are lunch breaks or are there none? -- Can't tell by schedule, 06:13:38 02/07/17 Tue
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Raleigh - schedule up early next week? Trying decide on drive date from DC -- Thanks... Can't wait!!!, 16:54:26 02/03/17 Fri
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
    Main index ] [ Archives: [1]234 ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.