VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

Irish Dance Message Board - Southern Region
Welcome to the Irish Dance Message Board for the Southern Region. This board will be moderated to maintain a friendly, fun and supportive forum - in true Southern Region style! If you read any message that you deem inappropriate please email me @ srmessageboard@yahoo.com and I will remove it at your request.....Thanks...Have fun and enjoy!

• Feis Na Cara is now open for entries on Feisweb. The Feis takes place on January 8th near Philadelphia. -- AMS, 22:46:47 12/07/16 Wed
    [ Post a Reply to this Message ][ Edit | View ]

• Does anyone know if there is a fee associated with the two columbia feises for changes. Don't know if new steps are going to be ready in time so may dance old ones and want to know if I will be able to change it in a couple weeks.I looked on the syllabus and website and saw nothing so thought I'd try here. Also, does anyone know if they are doing medal rounds? Syllabus and website have little info. Thanks! -- curious parent, 19:19:21 12/07/16 Wed

• To the U15 dancer (LOQC school, my apologies about not remembering your name) who was so gracious to my dd thank you. I feel I need to highlight her positivity and this young girls heart. Her encouragement and care for my child made me realize that this is the spirit of ID. My daughter didn't recall and she did but still came to comfort my child. -- Very deserving of a sportsmanship award, 18:57:44 12/07/16 Wed

• How do fays hard shoe sizes compare fo Antonio pacelli? -- Need new shoes, 16:42:57 12/07/16 Wed

Replies:
  • Do TCs sign a code of conduct agreement? -- Do they expire?, 12:42:34 12/07/16 Wed

• Some SRO statistics: Congrats to these schools with 4 or more podium placers (girls) -- will do boys #'s later, 12:29:06 12/07/16 Wed
    Teelin: 8
    Inishfree: 8
    Broesler: 8
    Drake: 7
    Southern: 5
    Baffa: 4
    Well done!

Replies:

• LOST PANDORA AND ALEX & ANI BRACELET SRO -- KM, 09:23:09 12/07/16 Wed
    Saturday night at awards my clear plastic wig bag was left with a Pandora bracelet (silver, about 10 charms) and a silver Claddagh Alex & Ani bracelet. Please text 941-350-6557 if you found these bracelets. Thank you!!

• King O'Sullivan Winter feis -- Ann, 06:19:01 12/07/16 Wed
    Does anyone know if the OC stage for the King O'Sullivan Feis runs youngest to oldest or oldest to youngest? Thanks in advance!

• Raleigh Feis registration opening soon! -- Raleighfeissocialmedia, 19:15:40 12/06/16 Tue
    Hey Southern Region!
    Congrats on another successful Oireachtas!!
    Please keep your eyes open for 2017 Raleigh Feis registration opening next week! Registration will be through Feisworx!
    Hope to see a lot of you in Raleigh on February 10th and 11th!

Replies:

• Are any Southern Region teachers judging Worlds 2017? I have a dd who was so close to qualifying this year. -- Thank you., 10:55:23 12/06/16 Tue

Replies:
  • Is there a list of judges any where for the Krewe of Eire Feis? -- Thank you, 10:41:35 12/06/16 Tue

• Raffle winners? We left before but a friend told us we had won. Have not been contacted yet. -- J, 10:03:18 12/06/16 Tue

• Next SRO location - did I hear the announcer say Orlando? -- anyone confirm, 04:00:41 12/06/16 Tue
    Thought it was Atlanta....

Replies:

• One complaint about a very well-run oireachtas -- It's about the kids, 20:35:15 12/05/16 Mon
    The announcing at awards was a MESS. The mess-up with the age group that got called top 10 and thought they wq and then not all of them did, missing calling the wq and nq and a lot of confusion about that, looooong pauses between calling numbers while they figured stuff out and the wq girls were up there waiting already stressed about their results, forgetting to call wq forward after the other numbers were called and the girls who got called before they pulled them forward barely getting a photo op or cheer, etc. and aside from all the stupid errors there was a lot of rudeness from the announcers and the extremely unprofessional comments about dancer/school names, hair color etc that ruined the surprise for them. Not all the announcers were that bad but some really embarrassed themselves. Let's not forget that these are kids who have worked so much for this and are having extremely emotional/ stressful moments on stage in front of thousands of people. It's not fair for them for the announcers to be that sloppy. If one age group you forget to call the first two NQ or something, ok everyone makes mistakes, but especially Sunday I think every girls group had some announcing mistake in it. Really this O was great and I don't have too many complaints but the announcers put a bad taste in my mouth. There has to be a better way to give them the results so it's more obvious who qualified for what and no one gets skipped or called at the wrong time...or get someone to announce who will pay more attention. And I really don't ever want to hear the snarky comments again. Congrats to all for a great O but I just needed to vent

Replies:

• Need Something More -- NO NEGATIVITY (Sad), 18:22:27 12/05/16 Mon
    Long story cut short we are looking for something more in NC after O...... I am sad I cannot and will not say where we are now:I am happy..... dancer is not. Dancer cried for hours over bad result for the third year we have been making attempts to get what dancer needs from current situation. Who came out on top of the nc schools? want facts not opinions........... trying to make a decision soon. Willing to drive anywhere within 2hrs for class.... driving long distance as is. Be respectful.

Replies:

• New feis Columbia Maryland -- Are ADCRG listed?, 15:14:58 12/05/16 Mon
    Could not seem to find it.

Replies:

• DD went to full wig this weekend (ringlet curls). Forgot to ask best way to store it to keep it looking like it does today. -- Large plastic bag? Cloth bag? Air it out until we need it again?, 13:38:08 12/05/16 Mon

Replies:
  • What are the requirements to dance at the O? Do you have to be a certain level? -- Just wondering after the weekend. I have heard many things., 11:15:22 12/05/16 Mon

Replies:
  • The perfect stocking stuffer for your Irish dancer. -- FeisBooks, 08:18:21 12/05/16 Mon
    Now comes in 5 bright color choices.
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/FeisBooks

• To the men in the back of ballroom Key 3 during u14 sets on Sunday...you should be ashamed of yourselves! One was a dad from Broessler and the other I believe was a teacher. Such a poor display of professionalism. You owe Tir na Greine an apology! The yelling match you decided to have while one of their dancers was dancing her set was embarrassing! Take it outside! Somewhere other than a ballroom of dancers trying their best at a regional competition. An apology is the least you both could do. Thank goodness your selfishness didn't affect her dancing or placement. -- GA mom, 06:49:23 12/05/16 Mon

• Looking for a gift for someone who is interested in "the good old days" of Irish Dance? -- Orders, 14:25:57 12/04/16 Sun
    Who remembers the "McNiff Irish Dancers" or danced for one of the original members of IDTANA? Or perhaps a younger dancer who just wants to know more about the history of Irish Dance in America. The book: The Fifty Year Road to Riverdance is now available for sale. Written by Eva McManus one of the dancers. http://roadtoriverdance.com/

• Amazed at success of schools with instructors from dance shows! Recalls from two schools greater than 15-20% of recallers in some age groups! Older schools need to pay attention to trend, as their results must be disappointing! -- ., 14:01:36 12/04/16 Sun

Replies:
  • If anyone at SRO sees a tan coach wallet with a white strap please text 540-422-9249. Thanks! -- C, 09:16:04 12/04/16 Sun

Replies:
  • What would be a nice gift for a dance mom of 4 who has supported every activity/performance/feis my school participates in? I would like to show my appreciation. -- Gift ideas please, 09:01:11 12/04/16 Sun

Replies:
  • Would it be acceptable for young dancers to compete in long sleeve black leotards and black skirts? Is scoop neck acceptable? -- Solo dress is too large, 08:07:35 12/04/16 Sun

Replies:
  • Very upset with U19 awards announcement last night. Only girl comp to call up top10 and not just WQ. Very confusing for the dancers and caused more upset than necessary. An announcement prior to the change in the way things are usually called would've be appropriate -- --, 05:47:56 12/04/16 Sun

Replies:
  • We lost a pair of small Fays hard shoes in the awards ballroom on Friday night. They had buckles made of many smaller stones. Did anyone see them? -- Please help! Thanks!, 21:18:35 12/03/16 Sat

Replies:
  • King O'Sullivan is there a feis rate for hotel?? I cant find a website that has any info... -- Dancemomma, 15:51:49 12/03/16 Sat

Replies:
  • Celtic Curls tanning? -- Where are they doing their tanning?, 04:44:22 12/03/16 Sat
    paid but don't know where to go. Thanks for your help.

Replies:

• Who were judges of U10 girls? Anyone know? -- Curious, 04:02:51 12/03/16 Sat

Replies:
  • Congratulations on a well run Oireachtas -- Q, 20:01:27 12/02/16 Fri
    Day 1 in the books and I have to say, most well run O I have been to. Every event ran smoothly and efficiently. Crowd behavior was better than in past years. The venue was a great choice, easy to move about. I have never seen awards end so early. With dancers needing to do figures tomorrow that is reallly appreciated!

Replies:

• Awards night 1 -- civility out of the window! Trash all over the ballroom, kids all over the place. Please!!! Announcers! Someone -- remind folks @ cleaning up their sh**! -- ... Inside....., 19:42:36 12/02/16 Fri
    Apologies to Hilton staff. ID is not making a name for itself with the way the ballroom was tonight ... and kids climbing up walls, no parental responsibility to be seen, kids standing on chairs, bottles everywhere.

Apologies to Baltimore, and it's only day 1. And stop standing on chairs if you are over 18!

Replies:

• Judging -- Feis fan, 18:53:39 12/02/16 Fri
    OMG -- So sorry Senior Ladies about the horrible judging. Marks are insane and do not reflect the true results. So sorry ladies .

Replies:

• Any solo recalls? -- ?, 11:14:59 12/02/16 Fri

• Where are the solo recalls on quickfeis? Says the 3rd round has started dancing but no recalls -- wondering, 11:13:53 12/02/16 Fri

• What day is the 2nd chance option for prelim champ dancers at the King O'Sullivan feis? -- Mom, 09:52:18 12/02/16 Fri
    I see the option on Feisworx but I don't see anything about when it is on the syallbus.

Replies:

• What's your vote on socks? Ankle length or championship length? -- #IDproblems, 09:03:13 12/02/16 Fri

Replies:
  • Can anyone already at O's share the best mode of transportation from BWI to host hotels...cab, uber, shuttle? TIA -- Mum, 06:34:14 12/02/16 Fri

Replies:
  • Suggestions for self-training and staying motivated in college? I am finishing up my first semester of college and wish to continue competing but struggled to self-train this semester. I have thought about switching to a school close by but I'm too attached to my current dance school. Thanks! -- CollegeDancer, 10:00:55 12/01/16 Thu

Replies:
  • Just 24 hours left to take advantage of the Black Friday Sale at www.feisnstuff.com! There are still socks, banners, jewelry, and loads of gifts for your Irish Dancer, so shop now! -- Sonia, 09:41:23 12/01/16 Thu

• Hair & Makeup Appointments Available Sunday -- Erin Kouridakis, 06:39:23 12/01/16 Thu
    Hi all! I have decided to make a trip to the sro and will be able to do hair and makeup on Sunday ONLY. I am a fully licensed cosmetologist and current college student. Last weekend at Mid Atlantic oireachtas I was able to do around 25 dancers hair and makeup. To schedule an appointment please email me or shoot me an Instagram message @notmyreelhair. Photos can also be seen on my Instagram or Facebook. Thanks!

Replies:

• Desperately looking for a room in the block. Just discovered my reservation isn't in the block! -- Thanks!, 16:26:37 11/30/16 Wed

Replies:
  • Safe driving to those driving to Baltimore tonight. Big line of tornadic weather from Atlanta all the way to Raleigh at the moment. Charlotte airport is closed for the moment too while the tornados pass by. -- stay safe, 15:52:51 11/30/16 Wed

• Don't forget about your dancer this Christmas! -- Sparkling Stepper, 09:59:44 11/30/16 Wed
    Shop www.sparklingstepper.com/shop for the best gifts for your dancer this holiday season!

• Where will SRO results be posted? And, is there a competitor list? -- New ID mom, 04:11:13 11/30/16 Wed

Replies:
  • Is the O at the Convention Center attached to Hilton? Assuming , but need to know where to have Uber drop us off! -- Ty!, 19:44:01 11/29/16 Tue

Replies:
  • Hair and makeup services -- have some openings, 18:29:36 11/29/16 Tue
    FeisFash is available to do hair and makeup; works along with Head for the World. There are still some available slots for all three days, if you need services. Please email FeisFash -at- gmail.com for more information.

Best of luck to all the Southern Region dancers for this weekend!

• Doire dress for sale -- DM, 15:53:56 11/29/16 Tue
    Beautiful doire dress for sale
    https://www.usedsolodresses.com/dress/beautiful-doire-dress-5208.html

• I am looking for a room at the Hilton for Saturday night -- Jill Reese (happy), 09:44:05 11/29/16 Tue
    Please email me if you have an extra room that you'd like to get rid of... thanks! JillTomReese@gmail.com

• I just want to wish SR families a wonderful Oireachtas - we have gone to many of your feisanna over the years and been treated so kindly and made friends. Best of luck to all! -- Mid Atlantic mama, 08:05:43 11/29/16 Tue

Replies:
  • Hilton or Sheraton room for Friday night -- Mom, 06:49:35 11/29/16 Tue
    I am looking for a room at the Hilton or Sheraton for Friday night.
    Thanks!!

• I have started a peition to bring in a mark system to curb corruption and politics in irish dancing. Please sign https://www.change.org/p/an-coimisiun-le-rinci-gaelacha-create-and-enforce-a-mark-system-in-competitive-irish-dancing-to-curb-corruption -- Adam Henry Magee, 02:56:45 11/29/16 Tue

• SRO 2017 -- Moving to SR, 12:30:57 11/28/16 Mon
    Has the location of the 2017 SRO been announced yet? Thank you.

Replies:

• Looking for Room at Host Hotel Thurs-Sat -- Please let me know!, 12:06:37 11/28/16 Mon
    Thank you!

Replies:

• Packing for O -- Checklist, 10:38:28 11/28/16 Mon
    Dress: Check
    Hard Shoes: Check
    Soft Shoes: Check
    Bloomers: Check
    Earplugs: Check
    Tylenol, Super-Extra-Strength: Check
    Guinness: Check
    Baily's: Check
    Johnny Walker: Check
    Puff The Magic Dragon: Anyone know if MD has legalized it yet?
    Patience: now where the heck did I leave my patience? Oh poop, left behind at the last feis!

Guess I am as ready as I am gonna get!

Replies:

• Has the Hilton charged anyone's credit card for a night? I'm not seeing it... but just want to know before we go. -- Thank you in advance, 09:15:45 11/28/16 Mon

Replies:
  • Need room Saturday night...at Hilton...booked down the road -- DM, 22:29:01 11/27/16 Sun
    Was able to snag Sunday night but need Saturday to avoid lugging all our stuff the morning they need to dance from hotel down the road. Thanks!!

Replies:

• Room Available at Host Hotel -- Hilton - King Bed - Thurs - Sun, 17:27:55 11/27/16 Sun

Replies:
  • Holiday Inn - Did they take a deposit? If so don't remember which card I used -- -Can't Remember, 16:15:21 11/27/16 Sun

Replies:
  • Looking for a room at Marriott across the street from Hilton please contact if you are thinking of canceling one -- They have 0 rooms even at regular rate, 09:21:56 11/27/16 Sun

Replies:
  • New business launching! Feisbed.com. Accommodation database aimed at reducing the cost of staying overseas and interstate. Host families invited to sign up. Thank you. Visit feisbed.com -- Visit www.feisbed.com, 08:32:05 11/27/16 Sun

• Free to young dancer named Molly: can bring to SRO if you know anyone. -- Youth M airbrush ghillie sweatshirt with the name "Molly" on it. Lightly worn., 14:52:46 11/25/16 Fri

Replies:
  • First time O attender question- what time does the evening wrap up? -- Do you eat before or after awards?, 13:58:40 11/25/16 Fri
    New to this and trying to have a game plan. Been told not to leave the ballroom. If my dancer recalls, how do you plan meals? Can you leave ballroom if dancing later in group for sets? How long does awards typically run? U14 if that matters.

Replies:

• Jazz Feis Question -- NT, 12:16:02 11/25/16 Fri
    I tried the email address for the feis and it bounced back, so I am asking here. We will be in New Orleans for the NAFC championship on January 14th, and are considering doing the Jazz Feis on the 15th. Per the syllabus it looks like they will be offering two open competitions on the same day? If so, any idea of what the schedule will be like - morning and afternoon, or back to back? Just trying to figure out how to fit in everything we want to do while in New Orleans.

Replies:

• Rising Star 1st timers - payment went through Wednesday. In your experience how long after payment does dress ship? -- -No tracking number yet, 09:38:57 11/25/16 Fri

Replies:
  • Black Friday Sale at Feisnstuff.com!! EVERYTHING on the website is 40% off from 11/25 to 12/2. Buckles, clothing, medal banners, Irish dance clothing that fits American Girl dolls, jewelry, gifts, EVEN CROWNS! Some quantities extremely limited so shop early. -- Sonia, 20:23:59 11/24/16 Thu

Replies:
  • Injured myself so would love a room at host hotel for SRO -- Help!, 04:32:07 11/24/16 Thu
    Does anyone have an extra double room available at the host hotel?!? I recently hurt my back and the walk from the Marriott two mornings might just kill me! I need the room Thursday-Monday if at all possible. Thank you!!

Replies:

• Marriot Inner Harbor/Camden Yards - need night of 12/3 -- TRM, 10:26:25 11/23/16 Wed
    Looking for a room at the Marriott Inner Harbor/Camden Yards for the night of December 3, as we'd like to have grandparents in the same hotel as our family. Smallest room possible would be find as it only needs to accommodate two.

• ISO Sheraton Inner Harbor walking buddies (after awards) -- PH, 05:26:46 11/23/16 Wed
    Looking for others staying at Sheraton Inner Harbor at SRO to form walking group after awards Friday and Saturday nights when returning to hotel late. Please email silhill@hotmail.com

Replies:

• This will be our first time attending the SRO. Do they run on time according to the schedule or are there some delay time start when the dancers begin dancing.? -- id mom, 04:35:45 11/23/16 Wed

Replies:
  • What on earth is he on about now? https://adamhenry16.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/how-to-live-life-of-hell-become.html -- A contrarian? What?,, 02:46:19 11/23/16 Wed

Replies:
  • Looking for dancers to perform in a great Christmas show! -- S, 13:42:39 11/22/16 Tue
    Hello! Looking for dancers to perform with the show 'Christmas with The Celts'.December 1st in Crossville, TN December 2nd in Wilkes, NC December 3rd in Franklin, NC and December 4th in Newberry, SC. I know it is the Oireachtas weekend but if you know anyone not competing and would be interested please email: smerritt6890@gmail.com Thank you! Best of luck to everyone competing!

Replies:

• I have missed all and any details about the Second Time Around vendor at the SRO. I want to send something with a dancer. How much is it to hang and will the dress room be monitored? -- thanks in advance, 08:37:48 11/22/16 Tue

• U11-u13 Gorgeous Dress for sale. Will be at MARO and SRO -- Melissa, 08:11:06 11/22/16 Tue
    https://www.usedsolodresses.com/dress/gorgeous-dress-for-sale-5262.html

Replies:

• Solo dress seamstress -- Alice P, 13:32:33 11/21/16 Mon
    We are interested in having the skirt on my daughters dress lifted in the back by the bodice. zipper needs to come off 4" above skirt to bodice hem and lifted a bit and re-attched to bodice then zipper put back on. ONLY experienced seamstress with industrial machine should reply.
    Please contact for more info and picture.

Replies:

• Hair, MakeUp, and Tanning at SRO 2016 -- Jessie Ryan, 17:18:35 11/20/16 Sun
    Hi, everyone! My name is Jessie...

I have available appointments for makeup, wigs, and non-aerosol tanning for the Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of the Southern Region Oireachtas. If you are interested in booking with me, please contact me ASAP via phone, as times are filling up. My number is 917-488-3363. You are welcome to call or text me to secure a time for your dancer! I hope you are all ready for this year's Oireachtas and good luck to everyone competing!

Replies:

• Irish Dancer running in the 2017 Boston Marathon -- Patrick Rosendale (Determined and getting ready!), 15:23:56 11/20/16 Sun
    I hope everyone is having a relaxing Sunday and wishing luck to all families and dancers at the SRO.

I am running for the YMCA and advocating for all the children we educate and care for in and out of schools.
    For every dollar raised you are helping children attend our camp programs and participate in educational opportunities. Let's make dreams happen together!

Click on the link below (Even if its just one dollar can make all the difference)

https://www.crowdrise.com/MetroWestYMCABoston2017/fundraiser/patrickrosendale

Thank you for reading and sending love and luck to all!

• Are they still dancing at Feis Hotlanta? Have the champ awards been presented? -- Thanks in advance!, 13:12:10 11/20/16 Sun

Replies:
  • Lost items at FeisATL -- Tanya, 05:43:13 11/20/16 Sun
    Urgently trying to find two small Velcro-on shawls (one bright deep pink with embroidery and one champagne/pink with embroidery) and one headpiece matching to the first shawl. If found, please text 404-964-8724.

• Looking for a room in host hotel on Saturday night please -- Mlf, 05:05:58 11/20/16 Sun
    I am looking for a room for Saturday night only. Thanks

• Hi are the results from Feis ATL posted somewhere? I realize I am probably missing them somewhere -- TIA, 14:15:47 11/19/16 Sat

Replies:
  • Will there be a mass at SRO? -- Mom, 15:46:05 11/18/16 Fri

Replies:
  • In need of hotel for sro Saturday night...please help!!! -- Thank you, 15:27:59 11/18/16 Fri

Replies:
  • Elegant Gavin for sale - worn once! -- ID Mum, 13:41:37 11/18/16 Fri
    http://www.dance.net/topic/10243608/1/Dresses-Costumes/Elegant-Gavin-Dress-worn-once.html&replies=0

• FYI-- SRO hotel (Hilton) charges $30 for parking even if you are stating overnight there. -- Look elsewhere to park!!!, 05:55:05 11/18/16 Fri

Replies:
  • SR Oireachtas--suggestions on getting from BWI to hotel (Holiday Inn CC) reasonably? I found Super Shuttle online which was approx. $70 RT for 2 passengers. Is this the best method of reliable transportation? TIA -- DM, 16:00:07 11/17/16 Thu

Replies:
  • Anyone know who the vendors are for Atlanta this weekend? -- SR Mom, 06:41:50 11/17/16 Thu

Replies:
  • Resident rule -- Thanks, 20:33:23 11/16/16 Wed
    Is there a rule about how many days per year you must live at an address to claim it as your primary residence for competing at an Oireachtas? There's a family who live full time in the mid atlantic region, but also have a house in the southern region, and choose to compete at the SRO instead of the MARO (and have done for many years now). I'm wondering if there is a certain number of days you must live in a region for this to be allowed (and it isn't a college situation, it's purely choosing one region over the other).

Replies:

• SRO Hotel Room -- Colleen, 14:27:16 11/16/16 Wed
    I'm in need of hotel room for Saturday night at either the Hilton or Marriott. If by chance you have a reservation you can't use, please let me know and I'd be glad to make any accommodations. Thanks!!

Replies:

• Feis Fab is excited to be returning to the SRO! Book your tanning, makeup, wig, eyelash appointments online at feisfab.com -- pmcardle@feisfab.com, 07:13:53 11/16/16 Wed

• Looking for one room at either the host hotel or the marriott for ONLY saturday night (12/3). If you have one you hare cancelling, I'd love to know! -- Thank you!, 09:21:52 11/15/16 Tue

Replies:
  • Improve turnout for Irish dance -- Ellen @ Target Training, 09:26:39 11/14/16 Mon
    If you're interested in improving your turnout for Irish dance, Target Training (a strength & conditioning program for Irish dancers) is running a promotion right now that's perfect for you! If you subscribe to our mailing list, you will receive a FREE copy of our 10 Minute Turnout video

Subscribe here: www.targettrainingdance.com/contact

Or visit us online at www.targettrainingdance.com

• ISO Hotel Room at Host Hotel for SRO -- LMM, 12:11:17 11/13/16 Sun
    I'm trying to get a hotel room at the host hotel for SRO. I need a room with 2 beds. Email me at ourgems@embarqmail.com. Thanks.

• Can someone tell me if there is a spray tan company at the SRO this year? -- DD, 10:58:25 11/13/16 Sun

Replies:
  • Schedule for the two Atlanta feis' being released soon? -- --, 06:34:22 11/12/16 Sat

Replies:
  • It is still not too late to get your dance an appointment! Relax on the day -- Karen (Daley), 12:35:40 11/11/16 Fri
    We are just a few weeks away from the SRO!! I have some appointment slots open since we added to our team!!
    Friday Hair or Make up- 6am, 6:30 am, 7am, 7:30am (once rotations have been published we can fit anyone in this slot
    For Make up only 6:15 am (2 slots), 6:45 am, 7 am, 7:30 4 slots (again after rotations are known)
    Saturday we are wide open for teams. Have your group looking fabulous and uniform or if you just can't get that poof right!
    Sunday
    Hair or Make-up 7:15 am
    Make-up only 7am (2 slots) 7:30 (3 slots upon after rotations are known)
    Hair only-7:15 (2 slots)
    Also since the trad sets are starting later you can contact for later appointments
    We also have tanning appointments open Thursday night, Friday and Saturday all day.

Replies:

• SRO 2017 -- Anonymous, 10:23:37 11/11/16 Fri
    Where is SRO 2017.

Replies:

• Save the Date! June 10 & 11, 2017 -- Feis Committee, 16:06:12 11/10/16 Thu
    Mark your calendars now for TWO SRO Feisanna in June 2017!

Legacy by the Sea Feis on June 10th and Legacy Lowcountry Feis on June 11th in historic Savannah, Georgia.

More details to come!

https://www.facebook.com/events/216757685423633/
    https://www.facebook.com/events/397442680588371/

• Ordering used solo from Australia? -- Trinity21, 15:43:45 11/10/16 Thu
    Ordered dress from seller in Australia. Was sent first class so apparently no way to track. AU claims it left for the US a week ago; US claims it is still in AU. Panicking. Seller seems trustworthy bc dress posted by school director and it all checked out based on research.

If you've ordered from AU, how long did it take? Do you know if I have any recourse if package is lost? Ordered from both Ireland and Canada no problem. Thx.

Replies:

• Has anyone see a list of vendors for the SRO? I couldn't find any info on the website. -- Mom, 12:28:46 11/10/16 Thu

• We are coming to the Hotlanta Feis next weekend from the Chicago area. We've never been to a SR feis and I'm wondering if anyone has been to MAR Feis could offer some advice on how they differ. I have a 13 year old in grades. Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer. -- Heather, 07:54:05 11/10/16 Thu

Replies:
  • http://adamhenry16.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/the-tale-of-cocktail-championships.html -- What is he on about now. Crazy?, 13:19:28 11/09/16 Wed

Replies:
  • Is 11:30 a good estimation for grades to start at River Valley Feis? -- curious, 11:43:45 11/09/16 Wed

Replies:
  • Are the Chesapeake Winter Feis and Maryland Winter Feis separate feises just done as a double header weekend by the same school? -- 2 for 1 is worth the out of region trip, 08:00:23 11/09/16 Wed

Replies:
  • https://www.instagram.com/p/BMhgsn0DPug/?taken-by=adamhenry16 -- Adam Henry Magee., 13:34:42 11/07/16 Mon

• Why did Culkin split champ comps that aren't huge? Is this common in SR or just this feis? -- Surprising, 07:20:28 11/07/16 Mon

Replies:
  • Stealing choreography? -- Francis McKenna, 07:15:40 11/07/16 Mon
    Is there an official policy on one school taking choreography from another school? Is this allowed?

Replies:

• U16 Open -- Anyone know the results from Culkin today?, 15:40:34 11/05/16 Sat

Replies:
  • Does anyone know which judges were on grades stages today at Culkin? -- Thanks!, 15:29:47 11/05/16 Sat

• Did someone accidentally pick up an extra wig at Culkin today? Brogan dark brown in a bag labeled $50? -- -, 12:54:57 11/05/16 Sat

Replies:
  • Culkin results anywhere? Not posted on twitter. -- :-(, 08:05:52 11/05/16 Sat

Replies:
  • Raleigh Feis -- anyone remember when it opens for registration normally? -- its in February. Tnx., 06:31:05 11/04/16 Fri

Replies:
  • Culkin Schedule is out. Does anyone know if champs are 2 or 3 at a time? -- Trying to calculate, 09:59:33 11/03/16 Thu

Replies:
  • Celtic Star Feis -- Feis committee, 21:38:09 11/02/16 Wed
    Tentative syllabus posted on the Celtic Star Facebook page... Looking forward to seeing everyone there!!! This is a CASUAL FEIS - no costumes/no wigs :) Sheraton Atlanta Airport... room bookings opening soon ❤️

Replies:

• So happy the SRO schedule is out- fairly new to this region, do (possible) splits come out before hand, or do we find out when the book comes out? -- Thanks!, 12:11:44 11/02/16 Wed

Replies:
  • Room for the O -- Southern Mamma, 10:14:20 11/02/16 Wed
    Does anyone know of a room available for the O at the host hotel or any of the overflow hotels? Suggestions welcome! Thanks!!

Replies:

• Dress specials- -- Email (:-)), 07:53:21 11/02/16 Wed
    Visit facebook for some current special offers.
    475.00 (my fabrics)
    650.00 your choice.
    All dresses include design,dress,crystal tiara,bloomers & number clip.
    space is limited, email for more info and thank you.

http://thevelvetcastle.wixsite.com/the-velvet-castle

Replies:

• Who is the usual tanning vendor at the SRO? -- ..., 07:43:40 11/02/16 Wed

• Dressmakers -- Mom, 13:43:44 11/01/16 Tue
    Which dressmaker have you found to be the easiest to work with and why?

Replies:

• Still looking for hair/makeup or other services for the SRO? We still have appointments left! -- drop us a line- Celtic Curls, 06:00:23 11/01/16 Tue

Replies:
  • Any chance Feis ATL and Hotlanta Feis will split the double age group champs? -- curious parent, 06:51:33 10/31/16 Mon

Replies:
  • Anyone know when Culkin schedule will be out? Not being impatient, just curious so I don't miss it as I may forget to check daily. -- Thanks!, 18:38:17 10/29/16 Sat

Replies:
  • Friday, 10/28 is the on-time entry deadline for the Arkansas River Valley Feis in Fort Smith, AR. -- The Committee, 20:48:33 10/27/16 Thu
    The entire feis will be held in the Arkansas Best Corporation Theater in the Fort Smith Convention Center. We have had questions about hotel rooms. The hotel attached to the Convention Center is being rebranded on November 1. It is currently the Executive Hotel at City Center. On 11/1 it will be the Doubletree by Hilton Fort Smith City Center. There is a $99 plus tax rate for the feis. Call the hotel (479) 783-1000. Use the rate code RVF to get the $99 rate.

• Selecting crystals for the first time. With regard to colored crystals, which do you recommend? I'd like to try something other than clear/AB for DD to stand out. We would use both pears and rounds -- crystal newbie, 18:51:07 10/27/16 Thu

Replies:
  • Feile Houston -- curious, 20:00:37 10/25/16 Tue
    I thought that just my children's comps were small, as I have not figured out how to see total competitors on ifeis yet. Then I received the email from Feile Houston saying the numbers were so small they had to go from 6 stages to 3. Anyone know why it is so much smaller than expected?

Replies:

• London mom blogging about Irish Dance -- https://confessionsofanirishdancemum.wordpress.com, 15:13:29 10/25/16 Tue

Replies:
  • Thank you to the Rowena Ryan school for a AMAZING feis!! -- great time had by all!, 12:34:59 10/24/16 Mon
    Thank you to Rowena and her volunteers. Everything ran smoothly and it was a very fun double feis. I've been in ID world for a while and this feis was so much fun. Awards were the best and fun music and the kids seemed to all have a fabulous time.:-)

Replies:

• Will Feis Culkin OC run oldest to youngest or youngest to oldest? Thanks in advance! -- Anyone know?, 07:19:36 10/24/16 Mon

Replies:
  • Beautiful Celtic Star vest for sale. Worn for Worlds 2016 only before dancer moved schools. -- Susan, 06:09:16 10/24/16 Mon
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154564106433903&set=p.10154564106433903&type=3&theater

• Has anyone received their personal marks and comments from the Connick Feis? I see results are up on efeis but I haven't received anything yet. I did check my spam too. -- Thank you, 04:00:53 10/24/16 Mon

Replies:
  • Muggivan results listed anywhere? on twitter maybe? -- Curious., 11:59:13 10/23/16 Sun

Replies:
  • Beautiful Elevation Dress for 10-12 year old: http://www.feisdresses.com/ads/beautiful-elevation-dress-for-sale/ -- http://www.feisdresses.com/ads/beautiful-elevation-dress-for-sale/, 11:33:37 10/23/16 Sun

• RNE Connick Carolinas -- Thank You LOQC, 10:21:23 10/23/16 Sun
    Had a great time at the feis. Wow! What a marathon! My DD was in figures and the last dance of the day so about 14 hours of mother-daughter time fun, that's getting your money's worth! Well run as always and by the nicest people. Thank you to everyone from LOQC for the event. Nice venue, I liked last years more but that's just me, this one was very good too, no complaints here. Best food options I have ever had at a feis! I mean Funnel Cake!? Ok, not for DD before competition but for me and the little one? Heck yeah! The music was just right, not so loud that I was still hearing it in bed last night like most feis.

Had a great time, thanks

Oh, and to the dad walking around with the gems, LOL way to support Dad! Next time maybe some tannner and a nice eye liner to make you eyes pop? LOL. JK. Hope you get it!

Replies:

• Can an Irish dance dress be taken up and shortened ? -- It's about an inch too long...., 15:09:11 10/22/16 Sat

Replies:
  • Any U15 Open results? -- From the Connick feis, 14:09:31 10/22/16 Sat

• Will the Connick feis be posting results on twitter -- ?, 07:18:23 10/22/16 Sat

Replies:
  • Muggivan timing - seems that grades will go well before 4:15 listed - am I doing math wrong? -- what time to go?, 11:01:55 10/21/16 Fri
    Just wondering what time we should get there...

Replies:

• I see it on eFeis. And people seemed to be signed up, but there is no way for me to sign up. Help!! -- How do you register for the Belt in New Orleans?, 05:42:34 10/21/16 Fri

Replies:
  • Join us on Nov 5-6 for the 20th Annual Colorado Fall Feis! • Supplementary Blackout Open • Pre-Oireachtas Special for Non-Champs, with 3-adjudicator panel. Deadline is Oct 21 to avoid late fee. Info and registration at www.feisworx.com. -- ., 10:07:03 10/20/16 Thu

• Stunning Siopa; available at Connick Carolina Feis -- nJ mom, 07:14:40 10/20/16 Thu
    Beautiful dress.... motivated seller
    https://www.usedsolodresses.com/dress/elegant-siopa-rince-4963.html

• OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPS and FEIS this weekend - Makeup artist available! TyraBeauty will be doing makeup applications - $15 per session - email mandielynnrake@gmail.com to book your spot! -- OKFeisVendorCoord, 06:41:10 10/20/16 Thu
    Great for champs, fun for first-timers and a relief for moms who don't want the hassle of doing makeup. :)

• For those of you in the market for a new dress, please consider this one. If not in the market, please excuse the intrusion -- TIA, 05:32:17 10/20/16 Thu
    http://www.feisdresses.com/ads/brand-new-never-worn-modern-traditional-dress-wo-bling/

• Does the Muggivan feis entry fee pay for an adult to get into the festival? -- or do I need to purchase a seperate ticket? Confused, 15:42:48 10/19/16 Wed

Replies:
  • last chance to make changes at The Connick Carolinas Feis -- Feis volunteer, 04:56:09 10/19/16 Wed
    If you or your dancer has recently moved levels, or would like to add a Non Traditional dance or add the Second Chance Feis to your registration, please contact our registrar micdawe@aol.com ASAP!!!
    THERE WILL BE NO CHANGES MADE ON THE FEIS DAY.
    We look forward to seeing everyone this weekend.
    Safe travels & happy feising :)

Replies:

• A little late due to feislag, but thanks to the Rowena Ryan School for a great feis this weekend. Thoroughly enjoyed the day. Had never met Rowena and she was funny and personable as she lead everything this weekend. Thanks again! -- NN, 07:37:41 10/18/16 Tue

Replies:
  • This Gavin will be visiting Connick Carolina feis this weekend. Motivated seller - make me an offer. About a size 10 -- All reasonable offers considered, 03:02:54 10/18/16 Tue
    https://www.usedsolodresses.com/dress/bright-orange-gavin-4988.html

• There is a new forum for Irish Dance Boys -- Voy 245895, 17:21:33 10/17/16 Mon

http://www.voy.com/245895/

Irish Dance Message Board for Boys and Men

• moving for work....what schools are around Edgewater, MD? -- OutOfRegion, 16:38:20 10/17/16 Mon
    not looking for a long drive

Replies:

• Carolina Connick Feis Schedule now available -- Feis Volunteer, 13:00:40 10/17/16 Mon
    As the weekend approaches we have uploaded the Stage schedule onto our website, FB & Twitter. The website has a link to download the pdf file & the FB & Twitter pages are in jpeg format to save as a picture for your convenience.

http://www.rincenaheireann.com/connick-carolinas-feis-schedule.html

https://www.facebook.com/events/665667920278202/?active_tab=discussion

https://twitter.com/RincenahEireann

Safe travels & see everyone this weekend!!

Replies:

• SOUTHERN REGION OIREACHTAS -- Nancy, 08:44:45 10/17/16 Mon
    Can someone give me a contact name for the SRO program book? Even if the deadline has passed. Mthanks

Replies:

• Does anyone have the contact email for the ROI feis committee? I can't find it on the website and the FB page isn't allowing posts..... -- Communication, 07:18:17 10/17/16 Mon

Replies:
  • Roi marks/comments- does anyone know when they will be posted or emailed? Neither daughter has comments listed but we saw judge writing. -- Thanks, 07:09:44 10/17/16 Mon

Replies:
  • Arkansas River Valley Feis -- The Committee, 06:06:43 10/17/16 Mon
    The River Valley Feis is accepting entries on FeisWorx. The entire feis will be held on the main stage of the ArcBest Corporation Performing Arts Center.of the Ft. Smith Convention Center. Our judges are: Donna Means King from CA, Ariel Bennett from CO and Annie Hurley Morrison from VA. Our musician is accordion player, Jim Butke. The on-time entry deadline is 10/28/16.
    This feis is one of the last 201 opportunities in the OK-AR-TX corridor to attend a feis. It is a great opportunity for September beginners to enjoy their First Feis on a raised, theater stage. We are offering Ceilis for Oireachtas teams.

• ROI U15 prelim results -- sr mom, 05:31:11 10/17/16 Mon
    The results for the U15 non trad set (open/prelim) and the U15B prelim competition don't seem to be on efeis. Does anyone have these results & will share?

• The Connick Carolinas Feis -- Feis Volunteer, 13:40:49 10/16/16 Sun
    Open Letter to the Connick Carolinas Feis Dancers and their families:

The RNE Parents’ Association is looking forward to hosting The Connick Carolinas Feis in Honor of Brian Quinlivan on October 22, 2016. We are pleased to have outstanding adjudicators and musicians and are confident that each dancer will have an outstanding Feis experience.
    Our new venue is The Gateway Conference Center at 3202 Commerce Drive, Richburg, SC. Registration will begin at 7 am. Competition begins at 8 am with figures and all beginner grade dancers. Other solo competitions will not start before 9:30 am. There are several important items relating to this location.
    Food and Beverage: There will be three food trucks at the event. The 521Donut truck will be on site from 7-11 am serving coffee, hot chocolate, apple cider, water, sports drinks and hot donuts (made on site!). Vito’s Pizza and Goldfingers (chicken tenders, hot dogs, shrimp, French fries and funnel cakes) will be on site from 11 am to 4 pm.
    Parking: There is plenty of free parking with 600 spaces at the Gateway-- in front, side and back of the building with one entrance in the front. The spaces directly in front of the building will be blocked for the food and tee shirt vendors.
    Vendors: Vendors will be open from 7 am to 4 pm on Saturday. Vendors include: Celtic Curls, Emerald Key, FabRince, Fine Design tee shirts, a raffle table, and calendar sales.
    To all competitors, good luck. We hope that you all embody the joy and love of Irish dance and culture that delighted Brian Quinlivan his whole life. Like Brian, each of you inspires us and helps us to remember what the joy of dance can bring to our lives. May you all treasure your achievements and continue to keep the traditions of Irish dance, music and culture alive.
    Thank you.

Sandra Connick, the teachers of Lynn-O’Grady Quinlan-Connick School and the RNE Parents’ Association

Replies:

• Celtic rose/cross results -- SR Mom, 10:07:56 10/16/16 Sun
    Does anybody know if the results on iFeis are public? Wanted to see how friends and nephew did.

Replies:

• Please share ROI U18 Open results if you have them...thanks! -- Results weren't posted on Twitter...wondering..., 18:41:43 10/15/16 Sat

Replies:
  • Where will Celtic Rose Feis results be posted? -- ?, 16:55:48 10/15/16 Sat

Replies:
  • ROI open U15 results yet? -- TD, 11:23:48 10/15/16 Sat

Replies:
  • Does anyone know how many dancers are registered for PC12 for the Nov. 19 Atlanta Feis? -- Curious, 10:47:24 10/15/16 Sat
    Thank you :)

• Is there any information about parking for Celtic Rose/Cross Fesianna at Sheraton? Haven't been there before & didn't know if parking was free or not. -- Mom, 09:27:29 10/14/16 Fri

• Will judges for the Atlanta feis' be posted? -- Aa, 08:33:55 10/14/16 Fri

• ROI Feis - 572 A or B??? -- KH, 04:09:37 10/14/16 Fri
    My dancer is competing in 572 Non Trad Set but I see on the schedule there is 572A and 572B, how can I tell before tomorrow morning which one she is competing in? They look like they are 1-2 hrs apart and would rather not get there too early if we don't have to, plus we have grandparents coming to watch from out of town. Will there be a competitor list posted? Thanks in advance!

Replies:

• Tanning options at the O? -- Looking for onsite vendors, 17:50:38 10/13/16 Thu

• Muggivan Feis posted feis schedule over a week ahead of time. ROI hasn't posted schedule and its in 2 days.... -- Can Muggivan post adjudicators please?, 06:57:33 10/13/16 Thu

Replies:
  • Gorgeous Like-New Elevation! Perfect for a U9-U11 dancer! -- Liz, 06:34:11 10/13/16 Thu
    Get it just in time for your Oireachtas!

https://www.usedsolodresses.com/dress/gorgeous-like-new-elevation-design-4247.html

• Culkin feis -- Girl, 04:26:01 10/13/16 Thu
    Anyone have a schedule from 2015 from Culkin feis champs to compare?

Replies:

• Where will the Celtic Rose and Celtic Cross Feis stage schedules be posted. Also, will there be a competitor list posted? -- Thank you, 08:30:39 10/12/16 Wed

Replies:
  • Rhythm of Ireland Feis.... will you be posting adjudicators and stage schedule soon? -- Feis is 4 days away..., 08:57:05 10/11/16 Tue

Replies:
  • Only a few rooms left in the block for the Celtic Rose/Celtic Cross Feis weekend... -- Feis Committee, 08:06:56 10/11/16 Tue
    Here is your booking link - https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/events/start.action?id=1608105066&key=24429EEB

Thank you in advance for your support by booking within the room block. We appreciate it very much!

• Question from out-of-region: do they tend to combine age groups for grades at Feis ATL / Hotlanta Feis if the numbers are low? -- MAR Momma, 07:09:35 10/11/16 Tue

Replies:
  • WE HAVE ADDED ANOTHER HAIR PERSON FOR OIREACHTAS! Sorry for the all caps but I am super excited! We now have 3 hair and 3 makeup people to meet the demand. Ms. Karen, Ms. Jade, Ms. Amber, Ms. Monica and Ms. Ariel at your service! Tanning services also available. For those who have already inquired we have either booked your appointment or will be in touch to book. We are going to do this a little different this year. Bookings will be paid in advance. We will take walk ups if time allows. For those already booked I will be contacting you for payment this week. So excited to see all of you! -- Karen, 05:48:29 10/11/16 Tue

• Curious about awards at Oireachtas -- DM, 04:55:09 10/11/16 Tue
    This is our first time going to Oireachtas, and I was wondering about what type of awards the kids get if they recall. Does everyone who recalls get something? If so, what? Do they all get the same thing (except the podium placers), or do they differ as the dancers move higher in placements? Anything special to recognize NAIDC or World qualifiers? Just trying to learn more about how things work : )

Replies:

• Have never feis'd in the southern region...coming up for the Atlanta feis this weekend. Can someone tell me where and or when stage schedules get posted. Thanks. Also, does anyone know if they run oldest to youngest on Saturday or youngest to oldest on the Champs stage. -- Clueless!, 13:34:06 10/10/16 Mon

Replies:
  • Oireachtas dress just for you $1200, https://www.usedsolodresses.com/dress/id-costumes-solo-dress-oireachtas-ready-4901.html -- sm, 10:39:41 10/10/16 Mon

• When/where are the Judges/Musicians/Stage Schedule posted for ROI? Or perhaps when will they be posted? -- DM, 07:52:32 10/10/16 Mon

• I'm selling a dress & have someone interested from Europe. I woiuld be shipping from GA. Any suggestions for shipping company? Will I be able to get a customs quote too or is that up to the country its shipping to and the buyer? TIA -- Mom, 18:06:51 10/09/16 Sun

Replies:
  • To accommodate those families who's travel may be delayed due to Hurricane Matthew, we are delaying the start time for Saturday's competition from 8:00 to 10:00am. Safe travels to all! -- Feis mom, 17:10:29 10/06/16 Thu

Replies:
  • Tomorrow is the deadline for the Oklahoma State Championships & Feis! Make sure to get your entries in-avoid late fees! SASHES for top 3 PC/OC! GREAT Vendor Lineup! -- OKStateChampsFeis, 06:51:43 10/06/16 Thu
    We're excited to now include sashes for top 3 placements in PC and OC! We have a wonderful lineup for vendors as well - here's our current list of vendors:

Youngblood Hair Cutters (wigs, accessories)

Irish Dance Solutions (hard shoes, soft shoes, socks, shoebling)

Fine Designs (Official Feis t-Shirt Vendor)

TyraBeauty - WILL BE DOING MAKEUP APPLICATION - $15 per session - email mandielynnrake@gmail.com to book your spot! Great for champs, fun for first-timers and a relief for moms who don't want the hassle of doing makeup. :)

Portrait Photographer!

LipSense

Rodan + Fields

341 Concepts (Personalized, embroidered oilcloth bags and accessories)

and we are hoping to secure a Chair Masseuse not just for dancers, but moms!

Come Join Us!

Replies:

• Prayers for safety to all the those who might be affected by Hurricane Matthew. <3 -- southernID'er, 04:54:34 10/06/16 Thu

Replies:
  • We have waived the late fee for both Celtic Rose and Celtic Cross feis and Fleadh... -- Feis Committee, 19:27:23 10/05/16 Wed
    Come join us in Atlanta for a fun weekend of music and dance... First Feis, Adults, 2nd chance Prelim and much more... Register today at www.ifeis.net. *** Please note: Fleadh music competitions are on Saturday, starting at 10.00am ☘️🌹

• Taken from school facebook page -- Feis Mom, 08:18:23 10/05/16 Wed
    Dear Parents and Dancers,
    I wanted to take the time to address the reason why we can not cancel our feiseanna being held this weekend. The contract for this weekend was signed four years ago in order to secure such a great location. As you can imagine, a venue of this size costs an absolute fortune. In order for us to be able to afford the ballroom space necessary to host our feiseanna, "in addition to paying a large sum" we must sell a considerable amount of rooms. This is the same way the contract works for some of our major competitions and why they have initiated the facility usage fee.
    We do have an "Act of God" clause built into our contract, so in the event of a hurricane or other natural disaster, the contract would be null and void relieving both parties from having to fulfill their agreement. We however cannot execute this clause for this weekend, as Innisbrook, or Palm harbor is not being directly hit by the hurricane or a natural disaster, which means The Scariff school of Irish Dance is still financially responsible for the price of the ballrooms, plus the sale of the agreed room block.
    I have spoken to Innisbrook resort and negotiated our feis rate for all attendees who have to evacuate certain parts of Florida and the Carolinas, this rate is now available from Wednesday October 5th, through October 12th.
    We will do everything possible in order to accommodate all of you this weekend.
    We can not unfortunately, under any circumstances issue refunds, as all medals, crystal, sashes, adjudicators and musicians flights etc, have been bought and must of course all be paid for.
    I thank all of you for your understanding and wish you all a safe journey here.
    If you have any questions or concerns, or need help with any other information, please send them directly to : irishdancetampa@gmail.com .
    Sincerely,
    Stephen Scariff A.D.C.R.G

Replies:

• Florida Suncoast/Tampa updates due to weather? -- Southern Mom, 18:55:53 10/04/16 Tue
    Wondering if there is one place to go for official updates on the status of both the Florida Suncoast and Tampa Feis this weekend. We are driving and the evacuations look like they may interfere with out ability to get there. Wishing the storm would go east, but is there an official place to get updates? The Facebook page for the Feis hasn't been used since 2012.
    Thank you!

Replies:

• Hurricane matthew -- Dance mom, 16:37:01 10/04/16 Tue
    Is there any word on cancellation of feis due to hurricane Michael impacting the majority of Florida? Dance families traveling safely there may be a concern. Will we know in time to cancel our reservations? Any news?

Replies:

• Have Worlds judges announced yet? -- Nicole, 14:26:03 10/04/16 Tue

Replies:
  • Looking for hotel for Connick Carolina Feis. Their website recommends hotels in Rock Hill but I see there are some right in Richburg, near Conference Center. Is this area safe? Just wondering why they didn't mention local hotels. First time in that area so wasn't sure. TIA. -- DM, 10:06:03 10/04/16 Tue

Replies:
  • Thank you to everyone who stopped by our sale Saturday. Keep watch at www.stepdowntheline.com. for tons of new items to be added this week. -- stepdowntheline, 04:19:07 10/03/16 Mon

• Anyone know how to get in touch with Irish Peach Import in Atlanta GA. I want to buy Hallmore shoes from them -- thanks, 09:38:38 10/01/16 Sat

Replies:
  • Where is 2017 Oireachtas? -- Any ideas?, 09:14:01 09/30/16 Fri

Replies:
  • Last day to register for Celtic Rose/Celtic Cross back to back feis weekend in ATL -- :), 08:49:48 09/30/16 Fri
    First Feis, Grade Level Exams, 2nd Chance Prelim, full Fleadh syllabus... Register today at www.ifeis.net :)

• Don't be left out- Register now for the Rhythm of Ireland Feis! -- Feis Committee, 19:29:35 09/29/16 Thu
    Register now for the ROI Feis October 15-16 in Williamsburg, VA. Our registration will close on Oct. 1! After October 1st you will not be able to register or change your registration. Register on efeis.
    PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR TEAMMATES! We will not accept any registrations after October 1 (No Exceptions), so make sure your entire team is registered for the correct competitions.
    - Champs on Saturday
    - Teams and Grades on Sunday
    - Costume Treble Reel Saturday night
    - Discounted Colonial Williamsburg and Jamestown tickets available (use the link on our website)

Replies:

• The RNE Charlotte Feis is now the Connick Carolina's Feis -- Connick Carolina's Feis Volunteer, 07:49:20 09/29/16 Thu
    The RNE Feis is now the Connick Carolina's Feis, register now on efeis.com. 2 champ feissana in 1!!

New venue is at the Gateway Conference Center, located at 3202 Commerce Dr, Richburg, SC 29279. Judges & Musicans are now available as well as nearby hotels to the venue at our Facebook Event Page. Our website is under construction so all feis info is on our facebook page until it is up and running. Thank you for your support and understanding & hope to see your all soon!

https://www.facebook.com/events/665667920278202/665688123609515/?notif_t=admin_plan_mall_activity¬if_id=1475163421336243

Replies:

• Can someone please post the photographer for Worlds Scotland 2016 I would appreciate it!! -- DD, 04:43:06 09/29/16 Thu

Replies:
  • Don't forget to stop by the Step Down the Line consignment sale in Lancaster, PA this Saturday from 10-4. All of our gently used items will be available as well as a good selection of new shoes, wigs and other items. www.stepdowntheline.com -- stepdowntheline, 18:42:30 09/28/16 Wed

• Tampa Comps. Looking for a Room -- Dance Mum, 10:07:39 09/28/16 Wed
    Looking for a room at Innisbrook. Want to add this Feis but they are booked. Anyone canceling your room?

Replies:

• Tampa Feis's - will you be splitting Prelim comps if there are enough? Trying to decide whether to travel that far -- wondering, 05:20:24 09/28/16 Wed
    Thank you

• Anyone have a spare O room ? -- Hopeful, 22:14:11 09/27/16 Tue

Replies:
  • Last week to register for Celtic Rose/Celtic Cross feis weekend in ATL -- ., 20:09:49 09/27/16 Tue
    Last week to register before the late fee on Oct 1st! Grade Level Exams Friday evening, full Fleadh syllabus on Saturday, 2nd chance prelim comp on Saturday, lots of specials to choose from, full syllabus again on Sunday, rotating judges, fantastic stages, gorgeous awards... Looking forward to seeing you there! Register online at www.ifeis.net

Replies:

• Tampa Bay Feis organizers -- EHM, 15:26:51 09/27/16 Tue
    Tampa Bay Feis organizers- Now that there are at least 22 registered fwill you consider splitting the 17& Older open comps so there is a u17/u18 group?

Replies:

• Ques for Tampa feises -- mn, 10:50:03 09/27/16 Tue
    For the double age group prelim comps, if there are enough competitors in a single age group do you think they will have single age groups? It's always so hard to be the younger end of a split

• RNE Charlotte Feis Adjudicators -- Dd Mom, 06:17:37 09/27/16 Tue
    Who are the adjudicators for the RNE Charlotte Feis?

• Is there anyone doing hair and possibly makeup at SRO? -- TIA, 16:55:25 09/26/16 Mon

Replies:
  • Gem City Feis/Lindsay Marie Memorial Feis-Registration still open! -- GFC/LMM Feis Committee, 14:31:16 09/26/16 Mon
    Online registration closing on Friday, September 30!

Both the GEM CITY FEIS (Sat Oct 8) and the BRAND NEW SISTER feis LINDSAY MARIE MEMORIAL FEIS (Sun Oct 9) are still accepting online registrations with QuickFeis with NO LATE FEES!

Two great BACK-TO-BACK events at the SAME new venue - Hobart Arena in Troy, OH (only 20 minutes north of Dayton).

Registration spots are limited, so if you have not done so already, please complete and pay for your registration as soon as possible!

Also both feises offer a CHARITY Treble Reel!

And EVERYONE, including Grades, will get a paper copy of not only their scores but also any comments any of the judges wrote for them. These will also be available on your QuickFeis account the evening of the feis.

You can find additional information about each feis at their website, http://www.celticacademy.com/gcf-lmm-feis

Don't miss your chance at these two great feises!

Replies:

• ATL feis - will they split OC comps like they did last year? There will be plenty in most groups. -- At signup, double age groups., 09:51:07 09/26/16 Mon

Replies:
  • Greensboro Feis - How do we get our marks and comments? I feel like in the past they have emailed them to us but I haven't received anything yet. Anyone know? -- Hoping to get personal results/comments, 07:27:51 09/26/16 Mon

Replies:
  • Walsh kelley feis results anywhere? -- Thanks., 11:32:54 09/25/16 Sun

Replies:
  • Dress for sale in time for the O -- dm, 07:54:28 09/25/16 Sun
    perfect for novice and up! Bright colors and numerous swarovski crystals really make this dress pop on stage! Well loved and in great condition.
    https://www.usedsolodresses.com/dress/beautiful-yellow-dress-2883.html

• Is Old Dominion Feis officially extinct? -- After cancelling two years in a row, not on 2016 schedule, 05:45:16 09/25/16 Sun

Replies:
  • Greensboro Feis results? -- U13 prelim?, 14:34:09 09/24/16 Sat

Replies:
  • Asking parents: would you prefer classes be held all on weekdays (Monday - Thursday) or on both weekdays and weekends (Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat)? -- TC, 09:46:11 09/23/16 Fri

Replies:
  • Looking for info: how much are schools charging for novice/PW classes in the DC and Baltimore metro areas? No need for names and enough schools in area to stay nonspecific -- Info not available on school websites, and not exactly a topic of conversation at feis, 07:46:24 09/23/16 Fri

Replies:
  • Good luck to the Rockin Road To Dublin cast and crew kicking off their nationwide tour in Henderson NC tonight great show looking forwards to it -- big fan, 11:36:06 09/22/16 Thu

• Doherty Petri Feis -- Wendy and Jim, 18:37:19 09/21/16 Wed
    The Doherty Petri Feis is closing entries tonight. Please be aware that competition 500- U9 traditional set was split into two groups, U8 is now 500A and U9 is now 500B. Hopefully, the Stage Schedule will be out tomorrow! See you at the feis on Sunday! Any questions please email dohertypetrifeis@gmail.com.

• Register now for the Rhythm of Ireland Feis! -- Feis Committee, 06:55:45 09/21/16 Wed
    -Avoid the late fee and register by September 24 on efeis!
    - Pack a costume and enter our costume treble reel party on Saturday night!
    - Check our website for links to discounted Colonial Williamsburg and Jamestown tickets.
    - Champs dance Saturday, teams and grades dance Sunday.
    - Remind any teammates to register now since no registrations will be accepted after October 1st!
    We hope to see you in Williamsburg, VA on October 15 & 16!

• Will the vendors at Greensboro feis be open Friday night? -- Desperately need shoes, 02:56:53 09/21/16 Wed

Replies:
  • October feis -- Susan, 19:06:14 09/20/16 Tue
    I noticed that there are back to back feises in Atlanta next month and that the Sat feis offers a 2nd chance Prelim. Just wishing that one of the 3 feises might be black and white. We participated in that type of situation in the summer-it was interesting and gave a whole different emphasis with the lack of wigs, expensive dresses, etc. Fun for a change!!

• North Jersey Championships/Grade Exams -- James Early ADCRG, 17:56:11 09/20/16 Tue
    Entries for the North Jersey Championships will close on Friday, September 23. No Exceptions to this date in order to get a schedule out in a timely manner. Applicants for Grade Exams will also close out on Friday. If you are contemplating on participating in these exams, please go to McLoughlin School website, download application form, fill out in its entirety and mail immediately to address provided. A schedule for Grade Exams will be available a few days prior to the event. Thank you in advance for your support and we look forward to seeing you all there.

Replies:

• iFeis--questions inside -- NN, 10:50:23 09/20/16 Tue
    We are thinking about registering for a feis using iFeis, but I can't find any information on the registration site, and am not sure I'm looking in the right place. Feisworx shows caps, number registered, eFeis shows number registered and number paid, etc. I can't find any of this on iFeis. Is that on purpose? I have no idea if they're near the cap, anyone is registered, etc. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Replies:

• Room for Florida Suncoast Feis -- SRDM, 10:48:40 09/20/16 Tue
    I just tried to book a room at the feis resort for Florida Suncoast/Tampa Bay Feis weekend, and there are none available. Surprising since there are only 125 confirmed registrations. Any suggestions? We really wanted to attend!!

Replies:

• Anyone know when the schedule is coming out for Greensboro? Out of gas and trying to work out a carpool. -- Wish I had an electric car..., 05:36:23 09/20/16 Tue

Replies:
  • My young dancer is having trouble with grades advancement due to few registrations. Do we need to go out of region for larger groups? Wait it out? -- DM, 16:37:47 09/19/16 Mon

Replies:
  • Lost hardshoes at Baltimore -- Mom who is hoping to find them!, 15:15:14 09/19/16 Mon
    We left a pair of 13.5 Fays hardshoes at Baltimore on Saturday. Did anyone inadvertently pick them up? Checking w feis committee but so far no luck that they were left.

Thanks

• Is there a cap for ROI? -- For champs, 12:21:27 09/19/16 Mon

Replies:
  • Amazing price, save yourself $900 from buying new, only worn once! -- sm, 10:36:45 09/19/16 Mon
    https://www.usedsolodresses.com/dress/amazing-price-for-an-amazing-dress-4780.html

• dDarling solo dress for sale -- sm, 10:27:32 09/19/16 Mon
    https://www.usedsolodresses.com/dress/darling-first-solo-dress-4781.html

• Black-Out Feis in Pittsburgh - Saturday, September 24 (Grades) and Sunday, September 25, 2016 (Prelim and Champs) -- Julie, 08:04:29 09/19/16 Mon
    "Say YES to the Feis Dress and Boys Vest"

Please be advised that we have the highest demand for Solo Dresses and Boys Vests at this Feis! "Non Bling" dresses are especially in high demand!

Hours of Operation:

Friday, September 23 - 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
    Saturday, September 24 - 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
    Sunday, September 25 - 7 a.m. to Noon

The fee for one solo costume is $5.00 and two or more $10.00 (not to exceed $10.00). Cash only, please.

We also provide a dressing room, mannequins and full length mirrors.

Thank you so much for your support and we look forward to having a FUN weekend. Safe Travels!

• Lost hoodie at Baltimore -- MommaMix, 06:48:05 09/19/16 Mon
    my daughter left her black hoodie over by Stage 6 on Saturday, it was just a solid black hoodie. Nothing special but she is a bit upset since it was one of her few hoodies she could wear with her uniform to school. Did anyone happen to pick it up? She would have left it over in the area by the doors when you 1st walked in.

Thanks in advanced

• Absolutely loved the Baltimore Feis! Feis committee did a great job keeping us informed of changes and competition times. Stage moved quickly and effienctly (started earlier than calculated!) and results were fast! -- Thank you!!, 18:37:25 09/18/16 Sun

• Is Drake coming to Charleston, SC -- Maybe misheard, 13:10:22 09/18/16 Sun

Replies:
  • Irish Channel Feis Photographer -- SRDM, 12:00:17 09/18/16 Sun
    I noticed a photographer taking a lot of pics at Irish Channel Feis yesterday. Does anyone know when/where they will be posted for viewing? Thanks!

Replies:

• Lost child's backpack at Baltimore Feis -- Julie Fischer, 23:39:01 09/17/16 Sat
    We inadvertently left a child's Crocodile Creek backpack (very bright purple, aqua, pink, with either a pony or a princess on the front -- losing more mother of year points because I honestly can't remember which) at the Baltimore Feis yesterday. If anyone found it, I would be profoundly grateful for its safe return, and will arrange to pick it up or to pay to ship it to DC. Thank you!

Replies:

• In search of buyer -- Navarre, 18:07:00 09/17/16 Sat
    Selling dress due to retirement. Beautiful Blue Gavin fits O16 age group. Email me for more details! Thank you!

• **GALLAGHER SCHOOL POCONO FEIS** -- ~Feis Secretary, 06:25:47 09/17/16 Sat
    The Pocono Feis is waiving late fees until Sunday, September 18, 2016. Please register/pay by tomorrow night and we'll see you next Saturday, 9/24, in the Poconos!

• Irish dance auditions. Busch Gardens Williamsburg are currently accepting applications for Celtic Fyre 2017. Availability – early March to late August 2017. All audition details are on the following website: https://buschgardensauditions.com/en/busch-gardens-williamsburg/entertainment-opportunities/irish-dancers?from=Top_Nav -- BGW, 04:46:19 09/17/16 Sat

Replies:
  • Quick question, is the venue for the Baltimore Feis air conditioned? -- Thanks-planning ahead, 17:10:06 09/16/16 Fri

Replies:
  • Does anyone know a wig vendor who can get rid of frizz or tangles underneath? Trying to see if the wig can be touched up or if I have to get a completely new one. -- Thanks so much!, 15:03:54 09/16/16 Fri

Replies:
  • Will there be a parking lot tomorrow at Irish Channel Feis or is parking up and down the street? -- Parking??, 11:41:05 09/16/16 Fri

• North Coast Feis Grade Exams 2016 -- Irishmama, NCF SECY, 10:37:19 09/16/16 Fri
    Grade exams 2017. We will be offering grade exams on Friday 2/3/17. We plan on offering 1-12 as long as we have applicants for these levels. 11 and 12 are quite different than 1-10 in that a specific examiner must be approved for each applicant. Therefore, anyone intending to take these levels should get their applications together and forward them to our entry secretary. They will be sent to CLRG for approval and we will endeavor to hire a full examiner that is approved for all the candidates. This process takes time so we need to get things started soon. The application form is posted on our Facebook page and will be up on our website. Any questions please contact me.

• Hello, coming in from out of region . Can u10 wear make up? Thanks -- DM, 13:28:44 09/14/16 Wed

Replies:
  • Can anyone recommend a hotel (or two) near the Broesler Feis for this weekend? DD dances early, so we'd like to stay over Friday night. -- Thanks!, 12:45:15 09/14/16 Wed

Replies:
  • New items in our online store, take a look! https://squareup.com/store/irishseams -- Irish Seams, 11:59:32 09/14/16 Wed

• The Chicago Pat Roche Feis and Windy City Feis are excited to offer Grades Exams in conjuntion with this double feis weekend!! -- :), 07:41:17 09/14/16 Wed

Grades Exams will be held on Friday, October 7th, beginning at 4:30 p.m. Exact time of individual exams will be set and forwarded after registrations have closed for Grades Exams.

In this inaugural year, we will be offering Exams for Grades 1 - 6. Registration for Exams is available on Feisworx.

The Examiner for these exams will be Iris Gray Sharnick

• Baltimore Feis--all CEILIS will start at 8 am sharp! Solos to follow immediately -- Baltimore Feis Committee, 04:36:47 09/14/16 Wed

Replies:
  • Don't miss the Step Down the Line Irish dance consignment sale in Lancaster, PA on Saturday, October 1st! -- stepdowntheline, 19:54:53 09/13/16 Tue
    We will have all our usual gently used Irish dance shoes, wigs, costumes and more as well as a good selection of brand new shoes, wigs and other supplies. Plus, you can drop off all of your unneeded items to give them new homes and make some cash for yourself. Mark your calendars and keep an eye on www.stepdowntheline.com for more details.

• Doherty Petri Feis -- Wendy and Jim, 18:44:26 09/13/16 Tue
    The Doherty Petri Feis is waiving late fees until Monday, September 19, 2016. We will be closing the feis entries on Wednesday, September 21, 2016.
    Please email all questions regarding entries to dohertypetrifeis@gmail.com

Hope to see you at the Doherty Petri Feis on Sunday September 25, 2016!

• Stage Estimation -- How to?, 10:59:14 09/13/16 Tue
    Trying to estimate dancers stage after lunch for Broesler. Any help on how to estimate figures and then TR that's after lunch? My first estimate shows comp 410 starting 4:22pm- could that be right?

Replies:

• Besides NJ feis any others offering grade exams? -- Ty, 03:00:10 09/13/16 Tue

• Lost and Found at Hooley -- Hooley Feis Chair, 07:34:57 09/12/16 Mon
    We have two pairs of hard shoes found after our feis. Please contact us to claim

• Brand new dress at great price for sale! http://www.feisdresses.com/ads/brand-new-burgundy-gold-and-black-solo-dress/ -- -, 05:51:44 09/12/16 Mon

• I believe the SR teachers made some rules changes last year at their meeting in Dallas. Does anyone know where I can find these rule changes in writing? -- Misty, 05:14:35 09/12/16 Mon

Replies:
  • Baltimore Feis -- dancer, 13:44:02 09/11/16 Sun
    Does anyone know when and where the feis syllabus will be posted for Baltimore? Has this feis typically run on time in the past?

Replies:

• What time will Culkin open for registration? Can Feisweb please let us know? -- Culkin says they have no control and don't know. Thx., 02:50:29 09/11/16 Sun

Replies:
  • Any used Jubilee dance tiles out there? Looking to purchase a few. -- ATl mom, 09:51:14 09/10/16 Sat

Replies:
  • Seeking list of Feis that offer Tir nan O'g competitions for dancers younger than beginners -- Jennifer, 19:58:35 09/09/16 Fri
    Looking for names of Feis that have a Tir Nan O'g competition for children not ready to do steps to their reel...toddlers/pre-schoolers...

Replies:

• Feile Houston FB page up. Info regarding room blocks and Feis details posted there. Hope that yall will join us! https://m.facebook.com/feilehouston2016/?notif_t=page_invite_accepted¬if_id=1473424852964235&ref=m_notif -- Drake mom, 17:48:49 09/09/16 Fri
    https://m.facebook.com/feilehouston2016/?notif_t=page_invite_accepted¬if_id=1473424852964235&ref=m_notif

• Vendors Wanted -- OkParentOrgPres, 15:15:29 09/09/16 Fri
    The Oklahoma State Championships and Feis has a NEW Date & looking for VENDORS!! We will be at the Cox Convention Center in Downtown OKC again this year, and have changed our date in hopes to grow our Feis. Set up will be the evening of October 21 with the Feis starting promptly at 8am on October 22. If you would be interested in becoming a vendor please email irish@mcteggartokc.org for vendor contract information.

Replies:

• Will Hooley feis have Twitter or FB updates? -- Committee? Thanks., 12:55:45 09/09/16 Fri

Replies:
  • Celtic Rose/Celtic Cross back to back Feis weekend in Atlanta GA... Oct 15 & 16... Entries now open... http://iFeis.net Filling up fast - don't miss out!! ☘🌹 -- Large music syllabus, grade level exams and second chance comp for prelim on Saturday, 19:17:35 09/08/16 Thu

Replies:
  • Timing on Sunday - Walsh Kelley Greensboro Feis -- TM, 09:35:35 09/08/16 Thu
    Can anyone tell me how late the competitions run for the second chance portion on Sunday afternoon? Particularly interested in the novice/prizewinner grades - and haven't seen a schedule posted yet. Thanks in advance!

Replies:

• Rhythm of Ireland Feis -- ROI Registrar, 11:21:13 09/07/16 Wed
    Just a little over two weeks until the on time close for Rhythm of Ireland Feis in beautiful Williamsburg, VA.

Find us on eFeis!

• Country Inn of Lancaster - fee for cancellation -- Feis Chair, 10:55:41 09/07/16 Wed
    It is now less than 72 hours until checkin at our host hotel, Country Inn of Lancaster. There is a fee for cancellation at this late date. The hotel informs us, that there have been many calls for cancellation. The feis rate for this hotel is much less than the rate for other Lancaster hotels and many hotels are fully booked in this area at this time of year.

I am sorry if this is a hardship for our feis goers, but I wanted to be sure to announce to others who may not realize the hotel's cancellation policy.

• LEGACY BY THE SEA FEIS? -- Don, 08:33:35 09/07/16 Wed
    Does anyone know details on the LEGACY BY THE SEA Feis which I see on the NAFC Feis schedule for Nov 12 & 13 outside Jacksonville, FL? When reg may open and you can book the hotel? I called the hotel listed and they have no details on file and I emailed the school but no response yet. Would love to go to this.

Replies:

• **GALLAGHER SCHOOL POCONO FEIS** -- ~PFS, 08:02:30 09/07/16 Wed
    Please Note: Friday, Sept 9th is the last day to pay for your entries without being charged the $10 late fee.
    The Gallagher School will be holding a Doire Dress Raffle with a Gold Range Dress for the First Place Winner and a $500 Doire Gift Cert for the 2nd Place Winner. Please contact: poconofeissecretary@gmail.com with inquires or to purchase tickets.

Replies:

• An Invitation -- WIDA, 02:36:11 09/07/16 Wed
    Did you do Irish dancing as a child and miss it? Are you interested in getting involved again at some level?
    WIDA would like to take this opportunity to invite you to consider becoming either a dancer or teacher with our organisation. If you look at our website at www.irish.dance and read the rules regarding competitions you will see that we cater to adult dancers as well as children. We have World Championships up to the age groups of under and over 40.
    Many people leave the world of Irish dancing at 18 to go to college, have a career and family and then realise they miss the dancing but feel too old to attempt to become involved except maybe as a mother or father of a dancer.
    WIDA offers all people in this position the opportunity to train to become qualified Irish dance teachers in manageable segments as we give you the option to do your exam in sections. If you look at www.irish.dance and see what is required for the teacher exams you will see that you can attempt both the TCRG and TMRF exams in parts. You can do as many or as few of the parts as you feel ready for at the time of the exam and we can help you learn what is required for each section as you prepare.
    If you are not sure about the dancing section as are many people whom have been out of the dancing for a few years we would like to make it clear that your communication skills are more important than your ability to jump up and down like a 14 year old. Yes, we want to see that you know you stuff but we also want to see that you can actually teach as the ability to pass on both your knowledge and passion are equally important.
    If you have any questions or are unsure about the process do not hesitate to contact us at www.irish.dance and we look forward to welcoming you to the WIDA family either as a dancer or teacher.

• Final Syllabus posted for Celtic Rose/Celtic Cross Feis and Fleadh weekend in Atlanta GA - https://www.facebook.com/celticfeistrilogy/ -- Room booking info also posted, 17:48:02 09/06/16 Tue
    https://www.facebook.com/celticfeistrilogy/

• North Jersey Championships -- James Early, TCRG, 16:44:19 09/06/16 Tue
    Closing Date For Entries is Fast Approaching-September 11th through Feis Web. Enter before late fee kicks in. If any dancer is planning on doing Grade Exams, there are only a few more spots available. Please download application from McLoughlin School Website. Discount rate for Crowne Plaza Hotel expires September 9th.

We look forward to seeing you all on October 2nd!

• At the Houston feises over the weekend, the senior lady podium placers were from Inishfree, Cass-Barrington, and Drake, if that helps the mom looking for a school out there. -- The men were all Drakes, 10:49:29 09/06/16 Tue

• Revised Hooley Feis schedule is now posted on our Facebook page--link inside -- Hooley Feis Chair, 03:45:35 09/06/16 Tue
    https://www.facebook.com/Hooley-Red-Rose-Feis-1499046243739378/

Replies:

• Did anyone find a pair of heavy shoes at the Houston feis today? -- TheSheahans (Sheahan), 17:23:26 09/04/16 Sun
    My daughter apparently left her heavy shoes in the AB ballroom when we left the Houston feis today. They are size 5 with rectangular buckles. We were sitting near the front in the center section, and they were probably left under our chairs. If anyone found them, please let us know. We're saying a prayer to St. Anthony tonight! Thanks!!

Replies:

• Muggivan feis -anyone else miffed that it is costing $45 to watch your child dance at this feis? -- Mommau, 13:00:09 09/04/16 Sun

Replies:
  • Many new items have been added to the shop at www.stepdowntheline.com. Save on shipping by having us bring them to you at the Hooley Feis! -- stepdowntheline, 10:13:48 09/04/16 Sun

• **Rhythm of Ireland Feis**Come join us in Williamsburg, VA! -- Feis Committee, 17:14:22 09/02/16 Fri
    Please join us Oct. 15 & 16 at the Doubletree Hotel in Williamsburg, VA.
    -Check our website for detailed information (www.roiboosterclub.org)
    -Register on efeis
    -Champs Dance Saturday
    -Grades and Teams dance Sunday
    Consider making it a weekend of family fun! Check our website for links to discount tickets to Colonial Williamsburg and Jamestown.
    Make sure you book your room at the Doubletree hotel by Sept. 15 for the feis rate! Most importantly register for the feis by September 24th to avoid a late fee.
    We look forward to seeing you in October!

• Irish dance auditions. Busch Gardens Williamsburg are currently accepting applications for Celtic Fyre 2017. Availability – early March to late August 2017. All audition details are on the following website: https://buschgardensauditions.com/en/busch-gardens-williamsburg/entertainment-opportunities/irish-dancers?from=Top_Nav -- BGW, 05:24:49 09/02/16 Fri

Replies:
  • Hooley Feis Schedule is up on facebook. Link inside! -- Feis Chair, 06:57:03 09/01/16 Thu
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1651682278475773&id=1499046243739378

Some important information:
    **IMPORTANT INFORMATION!**
    **ALL CHAMPS WILL BEGIN SOFT SHOE FIRST**
    Teams will begin first on many stages.
    Solo competitions will begin immediately after teams.
    Dancing will start promptly at 8:30. We will have a small opening ceremony with national anthems at 8:15 in the gym.
    WE HAVE GREAT PRIZES FOR THE CHARITY TREBLE REEL, Day of feis entries will be allowed. Please consider supporting our wonderful charity, the Four Diamonds Fund, fighting childhood cancer!

Replies:

• October Charlotte Feis first timer -- DM, 05:55:38 09/01/16 Thu
    DD is in PC and is interested to do this Feis because of the 2nd chance option. Can anyone give me a general timeframe of how the day runs since she would be dancing twice? Is there a big break? TIA

Replies:

• Dance School near Greenville, South Carolina -- Dancemom, 13:40:09 08/31/16 Wed
    My dd is looking into colleges and loves Furman University, but hasn't been able to find any irish dance schools nearby. Does anyone know of any dance studios that offer classes nearby. Preferably, no longer than a 30min. drive. Thanks.

Replies:

• DANCERS - SR & MAO OIREACHTAS REGISTRATION - DEADLINE SEPTEMER 1 -- QuickFeis, 13:10:42 08/31/16 Wed
    DANCERS: if YOU plan to compete in either the SOUTHERN REGION or the MID AMERICA REGION Oireachtas, please make sure you have a working QuickFeis account at www.quickfeis.com

Only teachers can register dancers for Oireachtas, but teachers will only be able to register dancers that have a QuickFeis account. So it is important that you create your account BEFORE the start of registration on Sept 1. Even if you are not sure that you will attend Oireachtas, please go ahead and create your account - it is free and easy, and will potentially save your teacher a lot of headaches!

If you already have a QuickFeis account, please return to your account and verify:
    1) Your NAME is spelled right
    2) You have the right GENDER selected for yourself
    3) Your BIRTHDAY is correct
    4) Your SCHOOL is correct
    5) You selected the right REGION for yourself

Only one account per family is required - you can add all your brothers and sisters to that account. Please do not create a separate account for each dancer because for Oireachtas registration families will be charged a "family fee" and this is calculated by the number of accounts.

Once registration is completed, you will be able to verify that your teacher registered you for the right competitions.

Thank you in advance for getting this done as soon as possible!

Bettina
    QuickFeis

• Looking for a photographer vendor for our feis...anyone have a recommendation? -- FeisVendorCoord, 10:38:01 08/30/16 Tue

Replies:
  • Beautiful Shamrock Stitchery dress. Price reduced. Approx age 11-13. https://www.usedsolodresses.com/dress/stunning-black-and-gold-3443.html -- Cristin, 08:03:55 08/30/16 Tue

• Baltimore feis - considering entering; will judges be listed before tomorrow's entry deadline? 3 still listed as TBA on syllabus -- MidAmerica mom, 07:15:25 08/29/16 Mon

Replies:
  • Anyone have a room for SRO they want to cancel? -- Canmom, 16:13:47 08/27/16 Sat

• Doire Dress Design for Sale! -- Dress Made summer 2015 -, 10:40:48 08/27/16 Sat
    $1400 - Love how this dress looks on stage - really pops - Fits a 10/12 girl (I wish we could keep it but getting too short for my tween!
    http://www.feisdresses.com/ads/doire-dress-design-2/

• Grade Exams -- IrishDancer, 17:53:46 08/26/16 Fri
    Hi! Does anyone know of any feis' offering the higher level grade exams from November of 2016-April of 2017?

Replies:

• Any news when Culkin will open for registration? I know it fills up fast so don't want to miss! -- TIA!, 17:42:23 08/26/16 Fri

Replies:
  • It's about that time! -- Amber, 07:20:20 08/26/16 Fri
    HI ALL! I still have a few spots open for dresses prior to the Oireachtas- Full Crystal or touch up/updates or hair accessories. email 1004crystaldragon@gmail.com

• We are excited to welcome you to the Ozark Mountain Feis this weekend in Bentonville, AR -- Feis Committee!, 11:03:56 08/25/16 Thu
    Registration table will be open Friday evening from 6-8pm at the venue (Four Points by Sheraton).

Registration will open at 7AM Saturday.

We will begin our competition with the youngest Championship ages, and begin grade competitions following champs.

Check out the schedule on feisworx.com, and our website:
    http://www.ozarkmountainfeis.org/OzarkMountainFeis/Home.html
    http://www.feisworx.com/feis/Ozark2016Schedule.pdf

Replies:

• What vendor in the US sells H3's -- Thanks, 17:47:25 08/24/16 Wed

Replies:
  • Daughter is seriously considering Rice University in Houston, but wants to continue dancing through college. Are there any CLRG schools within a 20 minute drive from campus? (She is not interested in joining a collegiate team at this time). -- Midamerica Mom, 06:39:04 08/24/16 Wed
    Also, I realize we all consider our dance schools to be the best. At this point, we are just looking for schools near campus. We can research individual schools based on your responses. Thank you in advance!

Replies:

• Lovely Taylor dress for sale! Hard to part with. Will be at Baltimore Feis. Fit 13-15 yr old dancer -- link inside, 12:34:38 08/23/16 Tue
    http://www.feisdresses.com/ads/taylor-rose-themed-dress/

• Does anyone have a point of contact for the Rhythm of Ireland Feis? I am having problems paying for registration. -- Email to eFeis went unanswered. Thanks!, 07:33:44 08/23/16 Tue

Replies:
  • Baltimore Feis -- Champ mom, 19:41:44 08/21/16 Sun
    Does anyone know if this feis gives out medal rounds? Haven't gone since DD was in grades. Trying to decide which feis to go to that weekend and weighing all the pros and cons. I didn't see it on their syllabus, but I have seen it on other school's in the past so I wasn't sure.

Thanks.

Replies:

• Feis ATL and Hotlanta Feis -hello - do these run oldest to youngest or youngest to oldest for PC / OC? thanks in advance! -- June, 11:24:58 08/20/16 Sat
    hello - do these run oldest to youngest or youngest to oldest for PC / OC?
    thanks in advance!

Replies:

• AC Feis Traffic Alert... Freedom Riders (large motorcycle caravan) driving up I95 North tomorrow morning from DC. -- Check WAZE before you leave DC to go north., 15:01:10 08/19/16 Fri

Replies:
  • Suncoast and Tampa Bay Feiseanna -- Lizbet, 04:01:15 08/19/16 Fri
    I noticed when i went to register for the Suncoast and Tampa Bay Feis that there is no U18 group only 16&O. Does anybody know if they will split the Open competitions so there is a U18 and an O18 if they have enough registrations? It stinks that U17s have to dance with such a wide range of ages.

• DANCERS - SR & MAO OIREACHTAS REGISTRATION - DEADLINE SEPTEMER 1 -- QuickFeis, 12:14:08 08/18/16 Thu
    DANCERS: if YOU plan to compete in either the SOUTHERN REGION or the MID AMERICA REGION Oireachtas, please make sure you have a working QuickFeis account at www.quickfeis.com

Only teachers can register dancers for Oireachtas, but teachers will only be able to register dancers that have a QuickFeis account. So it is important that you create your account BEFORE the start of registration on Sept 1. Even if you are not sure that you will attend Oireachtas, please go ahead and create your account - it is free and easy, and will potentially save your teacher a lot of headaches!

If you already have a QuickFeis account, please return to your account and verify:
    1) Your NAME is spelled right
    2) You have the right GENDER selected for yourself
    3) Your BIRTHDAY is correct
    4) Your SCHOOL is correct
    5) You selected the right REGION for yourself

Only one account per family is required - you can add all your brothers and sisters to that account. Please do not create a separate account for each dancer because for Oireachtas registration families will be charged a "family fee" and this is calculated by the number of accounts.

Once registration is completed, you will be able to verify that your teacher registered you for the right competitions.

Bettina
    QuickFeis

• There are a few spots open at the Hooley Feis due to unpaid entries. -- Sign up before the end of day to avoid late fee., 09:03:26 08/18/16 Thu

Replies:
  • Irish Dance Dress -- Kristen (sad), 16:57:01 08/17/16 Wed
    Looking for some advice. Ordered a custom solo dress for dancer daughter for Oireachtas. Came in today too small...not just a little too small...4 inches between 2 sides of zippers. Asked for extra material for growth allowance...less than an inch on either side and less than 1/2 inch at chest. Anyone else had this happen? So disappointed because the measurements were confirmed twice and done initially over Skype with the dressmaker so not sure what to do...besides send it back. Dancer is currently wearing a dress from this company...this is the 3d one we've done from this company which is why we went with them instead of an unknown entity. Daughter crushed.

Replies:

• Step Down the Line Consign in Lancaster, PA will be having an Irish dance consignment sale on Saturday, October 1st! Mark your calendars and keep an eye out for more details! -- stepdowntheline, 06:37:06 08/17/16 Wed

• Lynn AC Feis Stage Schedule -- Lynn AC Feis Committee, 19:01:57 08/12/16 Fri
    The Lynn AC Feis Stage Schedule is posted on the Lynn Feis Twitter and Facebook pages at @lynnfeis

• Gavin for Sale! -- Motivated to Sell, 18:29:17 08/12/16 Fri
    Beautiful Gavin for 16+ dancer for sale!

http://www.feisdresses.com/ads/elegant-gavin-for-sale/

• Tons of new items have been added at www.stepdowntheline.com! If you see something you would like and you will be the Delaware Feis, let us know and we can meet to save you shipping! -- stepdowntheline, 11:56:40 08/12/16 Fri

• Celtic Rose & Celtic Cross Feis - October 14/15/16 - Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel - Here is your room booking link! We'd love to see you there! -- Feis Committee, 05:46:58 08/12/16 Fri

Replies:
  • Deleware Feis -- Dd, 04:38:47 08/12/16 Fri
    Is Deleware Feis still planning on merging all competitions even with big numbers?

Replies:

• Don't forget to register for the Ozark Mountain Feis - 8/27 in Bentonville Ar -- Feis Committee - feisworx.com, 06:40:04 08/11/16 Thu

• What are you doing with your DD's old champ trophies once she has moved on -- Ma, 10:58:43 08/10/16 Wed
    I will be retiring in a year and moving out of state but it breaks my heart to get rid of some of the beautiful and meaningful trophies my daughter won over the years. The small ones are no big deal but each of her champ ones have memories attached to them. This might not be something most of you are facing at this time but, because my daughter doesn't want them because she will be moving in a few years, I am at a loss as to what to do. I am thinking of keeping the really important ones but I guess that seems a little silly since I didn't do all the hard work to win them (just drove, paid for feis, dress, hair, etc.). Your views are welcome.

Replies:

• *Hooley Red Rose Feis* is almost at cap! -- HRRF, 15:33:47 08/09/16 Tue
    We have just 35 spots left for grades dancers at the Hooley Red Rose Feis! Come join us in beautiful Lancaster County, PA! We have a fantastic venue, beautiful trophies, and amazing raffle items!

• LYNN AC FEIS -- Lynn AC Feis Committee, 08:02:54 08/09/16 Tue
    Don't miss out on the FUN...there is still a week left to register for the Lynn AC Feis!

Saturday is Champ dancer day, followed by our super FUN treble reel beach party.

Sunday will be grade dancers ( beginner to prize winner and traditional sets). We will be treating all our dancers like CHAMPS this year in our award room. Grade dancers will receive the same award treatment, with announcements and podium photos. Special prizes for placements!

Register on FeisWeb!

• **GALLAGHER SCHOOL POCONO FEIS** Come join us on Saturday, Sept 24th. in Stroudsburg PA! -- ~PFS, 18:27:56 08/08/16 Mon
    ~ We will be raffling off a Gold Range Doire Dress as well as a raffle for $500 off of a custom made Doire Dress!!!
    ~ Champ Stages: Marley covered Auditorium stage as well a Marley covered raised wooden stage in gymnasium.
    ~Indoor Access to the Auditorium
    ~No Charge to hang dresses in our Dress for Sale Area
    ~Credit card payments accepted in cafeteria
    ~Air Conditioned Venue
    ~Feis Fayre Gift Certificates awarded to Champion Winners in Open and Prelim
    ~Venue located in PA just minutes from the NJ border......and one hour from Morristown,NJ
    ~Confirmed Adjudicators:
    Irene Horgan - CT
    Iris Gray - CT
    Maura Gray - CT
    Michael Dillon - CA
    Deirdre O'Sullivan - NY
    Anna O'Sullivan - NY
    Ellen Riordan - NY
    Sheila Stevens
    Patty Moriarty -
    Anthony Murnane - Ireland

• SR & MAO OIREACHTAS REGISTRATION - DEADLINE SEPTEMER 1 -- QuickFeis, 08:07:17 08/08/16 Mon
    If YOU plan to attend either the SOUTHERN REGION or the MID AMERICA REGION Oireachtas, please make sure to create your QuickFeis account at www.quickfeis.com

Teachers will only be able to register dancers that have a QuickFeis account. So it is important that you create your account BEFORE the start of registration on Sept 1. Even if you are not sure that you will attend Oireachtas, please go ahead and create your account - it is free and easy, and will potentially save your teacher a lot of headaches!

If you already have an account, please return to your account and make sure your name is spelled right, the right gender is selected, your birthday is correct, and that you are in the correct region.

Bettina
    QuickFeis

• Could you help me? Spoke with a southern region vendor at nationals about a wig... -- More.., 08:04:27 08/08/16 Mon
    Who sold Melaine Murphy wigs, but also other brands. I compared two, one was much lighter. Now want to try the wig but can't find the business card or figure out who it was from the NANs list of vendors.

Thanks so much.

Replies:

• Greensboro Feis -- SA, 07:45:34 08/07/16 Sun
    Looks like Greensboro Feis has moved dates from October 1st to September 24&25, According to wed site. NAFC calendar still has October date.

Replies:

• Coming out of region for Tampa Feis, what are Begginer numbers like? -- Thanks!, 10:42:21 08/04/16 Thu

Replies:
  • Looking for best ways to buy/sell/trade within our own school (multiple locations not close). Online ideas? -- what works for your school?, 09:30:13 08/04/16 Thu

Replies:
  • Perpetual Trophy Return - Verlin Feis - Sunday, Oct 16th, 2016 -- -- DM, 11:49:51 08/02/16 Tue
    The Verlin Feis committee is getting ready for our upcoming feis on Sunday, Oct 16, 2016 and looking to prepare our perpetual awards for the 2016 winners!

If you were awarded a Perpetual trophy, we ask you have you name engraved and prepare to return it to us. We have dancers attending the Catskill Feis 8/6, Lynn Feis 8/20,
    IAA NW NJ Feis 9/11, McGough Feis 9/17 as of today.

Kindly leave the trophy at the registration desk for pickup. If you have any questions or need to make arrangements, please contact me at jnt0625@icloud.com.
    Thanks in advance for your cooperation. Enjoy the rest of summer!

• SR & MAO OIREACHTAS REGISTRATION - IMPORTANT INFORMATION -- QuickFeis, 10:04:42 07/29/16 Fri
    If you plan to attend either the SOUTHERN REGION or the MID AMERICA REGION Oireachtas, please make sure to create your QuickFeis account at www.quickfeis.com

Teachers will only be able to register dancers that have a QuickFeis account. So it is important that you create your account BEFORE the start of registration on Sept 1. Even if you are not sure that you will attend Oireachtas, please go ahead and create your account - it is free and easy, and will potentially save your teacher a lot of headaches!

If you already have an account, please return to your account and make sure your name is spelled right, the right gender is selected, your birthday is correct, and that you are in the correct region.

Bettina
    QuickFeis

• Lynn AC Feis Room Block -- Lynn AC Feis Committee, 08:40:04 07/29/16 Fri
    The Lynn AC Feis room block ends today, Friday July 29, at 5:00 pm. Be sure to reserve your rooms. The link is below:
    https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/events/start.action?id=1605069517&key=34A23C9A

• The Hooley Red Rose Feis has raised its champ cap to 340. Enter today--we have had many interested in attending -- Hooley Feis, 09:13:45 07/26/16 Tue

Replies:
  • Christmas in July Sale at Feisnstuff.com! 40% off EVERYTHING until August 1. Loads of new items have been added to the website. Some have limited quantities, so shop early! Use code "Christmas" at checkout. -- Sonia, 11:52:34 07/25/16 Mon

• Was there an official photographer at Nation's Cap, capturing awards?? -- Camera malfunction here!!, 07:09:03 07/25/16 Mon

Replies:
  • NC Feis- What happened with Prelim U16? Judge was related to a dancer do everyone had to dance again once s new judge was brought in? Poor planning! -- Hth, 17:56:23 07/24/16 Sun

Replies:
  • NC feis.... OC dancers had no assigned line ups and had to figure out amongst themselves..... Bad idea. Please fix. -- OC Boys should have separate comp as well. Curious to see final results and how many OC boys won, 11:56:31 07/24/16 Sun

Replies:
  • Nations Cap - will there be updates via FB or Twitter? -- NC Admin?, 03:46:06 07/23/16 Sat

• 1st time to NC FEis. Do we need to bring chairs for stage 1 area, or is this a ballroom with seating? -- Thank you, 18:09:17 07/22/16 Fri

Replies:
  • McGough Academy Feis is Open for Entries! Saturday, September 17th -- MA Feis Chairs, 06:56:57 07/22/16 Fri
    The 2nd Annual McGough Academy Feis is now open for entries! Ciara Sexton and Meagan McGough would like to welcome all competitors to our feis!

* Sashes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in Preliminary and Open Championship
    * Tiffany & Co. Crystal & Perpetual awards for Open Championship
    * Traditional Set & Contemporary Set Competitions
    * Treble Reel Charity Competition
    * Tir na nOg for the little ones
    * Convenient online payments via PayPal

Visit our website www.mcgoughacademy.com for details, syllabus and online entry form via feisweb.com!

• Looking for a school/classes! -- Missing dance, 20:29:07 07/21/16 Thu
    Does anyone know of a school or somewhere to take classes in the Knoxville, TN area? Not looking for anything super competitive but need to get back into shape. Thanks!

Replies:

• Stage one at nations cap feis estimates for Sunday please? -- Thank you!!, 18:10:31 07/21/16 Thu

Replies:
  • Join us for the 10th Annual Ozark Mountain Feis in Northwest Arkansas on August 27th! -- Feis Committee!, 08:47:01 07/21/16 Thu
    OZARK MOUNTAIN FEIS in Northwest Arkansas. Aug. 27th

Accepting registrations through FeisWorx.com
    http://www.ozarkmountainfeis.org/

Join us in Bentonville, AR, just a few miles from XNA Airport with direct flights to Dallas, Chicago, Atlanta, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Orlando, Houston, New York, Newark, Minneapolis, Charlotte, and Cincinnati!

Competition is being held at the Four Points by Sheraton (211 SE Walton Blvd, Bentonville, AR 72712). Book through our link: http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/OzarkMountainFeis -- to receive the $99 Feis Rate. RESERVE before Aug. 20th.

Competition begins at 8:30AM with champion competitions starting with the youngest age group. Grade competitions will begin as soon as champs are completed, but no earlier than 10am

Adjudicators:
    Maura Kilkenny Glynn, SC
    Sally Houston, Calgary. Alberta, CAN
    Alison Reany-Brown, Burlington, Ontario, CAN

Musicians: Brian Flynn & Nick Shizas

• Dance Studio Opportunity -- Michele Davis, 08:30:39 07/21/16 Thu
    The School of Harmony Complex in Beaver, WV is a music, dance and art facility situated just outside Beckley. Our current dance school tenant has decided to pursue other avenues, creating a great opportunity for a new dance venture to enter our growing and high demand market. The unique Irish dance form would explode here!

Perhaps you are interested in expanding your offerings, or you have a former student who is eager to stretch their legs and wings with a new venture. We are the place! The Complex has three dance studios with office space and a reception/retail room available for rent.

The Complex is a former public school building that has been renovated as a community center for all. Many have described us as "an oasis from the negatives." We couldn't agree more.

Please contact Charles Lee Hicks at 304-253-3095 if you have any questions. A garage apartment will be provided by one of our dance parents if living arrangements would be required.

Please come tour our facility! Everyone falls in love with us, and we would be excited if you did, too!

• Nations Cap stage estimate for Open U15? -- Thanks..., 07:38:46 07/21/16 Thu

• Nations Cap stage 3&4 - upstairs like last year, in ballroom with high ceiling? -- Stage lay out?, 12:50:30 07/20/16 Wed

Replies:
  • Competitor list for Nations Capital Feis? Not seeing a link anywhere? -- Just wondering, 08:41:38 07/20/16 Wed

Replies:
  • Feis Friends- we are sad to announce that we will not be holding the American Pride Feis this year. We are already planning for next year, and hope to see you there! -- APF Committee, 05:14:52 07/20/16 Wed

Replies:
  • Gorgeous Gavin for young champ at Nation's Capitol this weekend -- Trudi, 17:17:17 07/19/16 Tue
    Elegant coral and white Gavin with matching headband. $750. Email for pictures. Will be at the fees this weekend. Great condition, stored flat in smoke free pet free home

Replies:

• Is there someone that I could contact to ask for NANs patches? I would be willing to pay the shipping. Our teacher didn't pick them up and we would really love our patches. Thanks, in advance. -- -, 16:21:11 07/19/16 Tue

Replies:
  • Help please with start time for Nations Cap Feis for u12 grades -- Very confusing schedule! Can't even find lunch listed., 21:55:06 07/18/16 Mon
    Is there a grades stage estimator out there?

Thank you

Replies:

• I cannot make heads or tails of stage 1 for champs at Nation's Capital feis. There are NO times associated with that stage, including a starting time. Can't even use the feis calculator without a starting time. -- Help anyone? Thanks., 18:43:45 07/18/16 Mon

Replies:
  • Open and Prelim at Nations Cap is Sunday?? Not saturday? -- I am so confused., 17:12:13 07/18/16 Mon

Replies:
  • Can someone please help me with estimate for Nations Cap Feis comp U16? what time on Sunday do you think? -- Have never done this feis before, 16:21:26 07/18/16 Mon

Replies:
  • Can't find on Nation's Capital Syllabus: dancing 2 or 3 at a time in Open Champs? -- new to this feis, 15:03:37 07/18/16 Mon

• SRO Committee - Any update on the rooms booked in the "teacher" room block? Do I need to book somewhere else? -- Patiently Waiting ..., 10:52:17 07/18/16 Mon

Replies:
  • Nations Cap stage schedule ? Usually runs last prior year re: champs? -- Tnx. Can't wait!, 02:28:13 07/18/16 Mon

• Gorgeous Shamrock Stitchery dress for sale, suits ~ U16 and up dancer (current owner is 5'4". Take a look! -- ~Kris, 08:16:19 07/15/16 Fri
    http://www.dance-again.com/X1739.html

Replies:

• Arriving to Nations Capital Feis on Thursday. Are there designated practice spaces set up over the weekend in the hotel? -- Thanks, 14:29:58 07/14/16 Thu

Replies:
  • Whatever happened to the black leotard trend among the champion dancers?? Not seeing it as much these days! -- AR, 10:45:18 07/14/16 Thu

Replies:
  • My daughter is having hip pain and nothing seems to be helping. I'm wondering if there is a good doctor we could see in the Atlanta area? -- J, 10:34:42 07/14/16 Thu

Replies:
  • Hi, new to Nations capital feis. When do they put the schedule out? -- thank you!, 02:21:47 07/13/16 Wed

Replies:
  • My daughter is going away to Camp Rince Ceol. Any tips on what to bring? -- 1st time camper, 00:32:46 07/13/16 Wed

Replies:
  • Does anyone know if the Celtic Cross and Celtric Rose b2b feis in Atlanta is happening? Their other feis was cancelled, so am wondering if these 2 are still on. In March they said they had some exciting news so keep watching and 4 months later nothing. -- curious, 18:26:46 07/12/16 Tue

• GRADE EXAMS AT NORTH JERSEY CHAMPIONSHIPS -- James P Early ADCRG, 17:29:02 07/11/16 Mon
    Grade Exams 1-10 will be offered at the North Jersey Championships to be held at Rockland Community College on the weekend of October 1/2 2016. All information pertaining to what Grade Exams are, the 2016 syllabus for the Exams and an application form can be found on the McLoughlin School website at www dot mcloughlinschool dot com. If one is a candidate for Grade 11/12, please contact James Early as soon as possible as it is a separate application form.

Replies:

• If a dancer lives in the Southern region, but dances under a Western region school, which Oireachtas do they compete in?? -- DD, 20:12:42 07/10/16 Sun

Replies:
  • So low, someone from the Southern Region totally copied someones dress in the NE region. Not very smart dancing in the same age group. -- XXX, 16:29:12 07/09/16 Sat

Replies:
  • Recommendations for Frederick MD solo dress alteration? -- Thank you!!, 16:03:43 07/09/16 Sat

Replies:
  • Doherty Petri Feis -- Jim and Wendy, 07:22:55 07/09/16 Sat
    The Doherty Petri Feis has opened entries on Feisweb.com, payments are only accepted through PayPal.

The feis will be held at
    Carle Place HS
    168 Cherry Lane
    Carle Place, NY 11514
    on Sunday, September 25, 2016 starting at 8:30 AM.

The syllabus can found at http://petrischool.com/
    We have secured a discounted rate at the
    Hampton Inn Garden City
    1 North Ave, Garden City
    Phone: 516-227-2720
    Mention “Petri Feis” for discounted rate

Any questions please email Jim or Wendy at dohertypetrifeis@gmail.com

Looking forward to seeing everyone this year!

• gillies -- Susan, 14:59:30 07/08/16 Fri
    Anyone wearing Ryan & O'Donnell gillies? How do they compare with other brands? Thanks!

Replies:

• Irish dance shop in Maryland/Virginia area? -- Mary, 16:15:14 07/07/16 Thu
    Is there an Irish dance shop anywhere in Maryland or Virginia? I need to buy some socks. Thanks!!

Replies:

• Does anyone know whether there will be a used dress room at the Capital feis in VA in two weeks? -- Dress didn't sell at NANs :(, 12:33:25 07/07/16 Thu

Replies:
  • Congrats -- Southern region, 08:06:02 07/06/16 Wed
    Best NANS I have been to yet, and I didn't even recall!

Thanks for a good time

Replies:

• Can we see competitor lists on quick fees? -- Seems to be different, 05:09:50 07/04/16 Mon

Replies:
  • The dancer and that won 18b- she seemed so shocked. Not real familiar with the older dancers but nice to see how happy she was! -- Congrats!, 18:26:13 07/02/16 Sat

Replies:
  • SRO location for 2017? -- Tnx, 09:41:50 07/02/16 Sat

Replies:
  • Random age groups made such unbalanced age groups. One comp so much easier than the other ! I hope naidc goes back to the split by birthday. Comp was so much more fair that way! Daughter was in easier split and almost all of the world medal holders in other group. -- Not celebrating, 03:18:16 07/02/16 Sat

Replies:
  • Congratulations fo LOQC dancer Hannah for making usatoday.com and showing the nation how ID can be fused into other music. http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2016/06/29/irish-dancer-takes-her-shot-viral-hamilton-inspired-tap-routine/86508474/ -- Well done Hannah, 11:23:09 06/30/16 Thu

Replies:
  • Show Your Support for Orlando at NANs! Silver Awareness Ribbons -- dm, 07:51:24 06/23/16 Thu
    The NANs host committee has authorized a charitable event organized by one of the #NAIDC2016 dancers. Please join the Irish Dance community in showing support for the victims, their families and first responders of the Pulse Nightclub shooting by wearing a silver awareness ribbon while at NANs.

Awareness ribbons will be available for a $3 donation (or $20 team donation) in the convention center lobby starting Thursday evening. Net proceeds will be donated to the official Equity Florida GoFundMe account for Orlando victims. Our hope is to see everyone - dancers, teachers, parents and judges - proudly wearing a silver ribbon in a show of support for the people of Orlando!

Replies:

• Looking for help to get from MCO To Host Hotel. Just 2 people. Who has the best rates? I am a little confused about what the best thing to do is? Taxi? Shuttle? -- any help appreciated, 08:05:37 06/20/16 Mon

Replies:
    Archives: 1234 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a new public message:
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.