VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

Irish Dance Message Board - Southern Region
Welcome to the Irish Dance Message Board for the Southern Region. This board will be moderated to maintain a friendly, fun and supportive forum - in true Southern Region style! If you read any message that you deem inappropriate please email me @ srmessageboard@yahoo.com and I will remove it at your request.....Thanks...Have fun and enjoy!

• Does anyone remember the order of champ dancers at the Live Music Capital Feis last year? I'm assuming it would be the same this year? Thanks!! -- Buying airfare, 21:41:39 05/28/17 Sun
    [ Post a Reply to this Message ][ Edit | View ]

• Feis New Orleans & Magnolia State Feis -- Bob Van Den Akker, 15:10:29 05/28/17 Sun
    We would like to thank everyone who attended the Magnolia State Feis and Feis New Orleans this weekend. It was a pleasure to have you. If you saw anything that we can improve upon, please let us know. If you had a good experience with us, please let everyone else know. We look forward to seeing all of you again next year. THANK YOU

• Hurley Feis Comm. - great feis as usual. BTW when did/do they announce the raffle winners? -- on twitter?, 14:35:58 05/28/17 Sun

Replies:
  • Hurley Feis -- floored at the Hurley Feis (fuming on the drive home), 13:53:10 05/28/17 Sun
    At the end of the day we walked out the door by awards to take a picture of my daughter in her new look and we were promptly pushed out the door. We asked someone to open the door, two older woman shook their heads no at us and then a friend came by to open the door and was yelled at not to open the door. When he did my u11 daughter was pushed by this woman while in her not dress and soft shoes. It was raining outside and we explained that we couldn't walk around with her brand new soft shoes and the lady screamed at my oldest daughter "um no bye" and slammed the door. When we walked around after I carried my daughter around the building I told her my oldest daughter just lost her best friend and buried her two days before you might have heard of it it's on the news and she laughed, said "haha no I did not hear that", and smiled as did the two older ladies with her. There was no sign anywhere saying there's no re entry and she did not inform us that we couldn't walk back in until after we were outside. After that she flipped off a TC who tried to help us and yelled at him. If anyone knows the name of the african american woman outside the awards room OR the two older woman who were sitting out there laughing please forward it to me. She works for parks and rec and they will be getting a call Tuesday. I complained to Hurley staff and they are amazing and said they were going to talk to them but I didn't realize the woman touched my daughter and pushed her out the door.

Replies:

• Holy Angels Feis anyone know who won U15 prelims? Thank you -- Dncrs1, 19:58:54 05/27/17 Sat

Replies:
  • where can I get a plastic sleeve to hold the number card? -- nt, 03:47:44 05/27/17 Sat

Replies:
  • Does anyone know who is doing hair & makeup at NANs? -- wondering, 12:16:44 05/26/17 Fri
    asdf

Replies:

• Feis Fleur de Lis, emailed this morning about a payment issue but haven't heard back. Trying to get it taken care of before late fees kick in. Anyone on here associated with this feis? :) -- ., 11:52:37 05/25/17 Thu

Replies:
  • Hurley Feis - will there be anywhere to hang dresses for sale? -- Have a dress to sell, 19:19:56 05/24/17 Wed

Replies:
  • Hurley Stage 4 estimate (716)? -- tnx, 13:40:42 05/24/17 Wed

Replies:
  • Hello SR friends! Headed to Upper Marlboro on Saturday afternoon - are there any road issues I should be aware of coming down 95/895/97/3/301 from the North? -- TIA, 11:06:39 05/24/17 Wed

Replies:
  • Looking for room at host hotel Hilton Riverside NAN 7/6-7/10 -- EAG, 11:05:46 05/24/17 Wed

• Hurley Feis Schedule Question -- DM, 15:16:59 05/23/17 Tue
    This is our first time attending the Hurley Feis and we are coming from out of the region. Do the side-by-side stages run simultaneously and independent of one another? So, in other words, in order to calculate start times for stage 3, do I just need to look at that specific stage or do I need to take into account the schedule of stage 4? Thank you!

Replies:

• IDTANA Scholarship-anyone hear yet? -- Thanks!, 05:51:47 05/23/17 Tue

Replies:
  • Charlotte feis questions -- DM, 04:57:12 05/23/17 Tue
    Hi, first time attending as a champ and first time in Charlotte.
    Will they split the double age groups for champs into the single age groups?
    And how late does it run? We're thinking of doing the 2nd chance- is it worth it, helpful.
    Any other advice would be appreciated. Thanks so much in advance.

Replies:

• Holy Angels/ -- Just curious/ no biggie, 19:54:03 05/22/17 Mon
    They have 2 musicians listed. Do they have 1 musician to 3 stages because it looks like one stage is listed as "Upstairs"?

Replies:

• Does anyone have recommended exercise programs or specific exercises for improving turnout from the hip? Any help appreciated! -- VB, 19:36:49 05/22/17 Mon

Replies:
  • Any idea about registration numbers for Legacy feises? Specifically U10 Prelim (merged?) and U17 open? -- Myname, 13:19:08 05/22/17 Mon

Replies:
  • Feis Fleur de Lis -- Dancer, 21:05:59 05/21/17 Sun
    Is there a way to tell how many competitors are registered for competitions on Feisworx? Seems to have a low champ cap, and do not want to register if there are only 1 or 2 people in competition. Anyone know if there is a way to tell?

Replies:

• CCE Feis. - brilliant job today as usual! Thank you! Especially to the moms helping on stage 3! -- Love this feis!, 17:08:49 05/21/17 Sun
    Quick, fun, great venue, good AC, kind helpers. Ya'll rock.

Replies:

• When is Holy Angels posting the stage schedule? -- Lisa, 15:30:25 05/21/17 Sun

Replies:
  • Who were the judges on stage 2 at CCE today? -- ::, 13:44:17 05/21/17 Sun

Replies:
  • Join us for the Dongan Feis in Albany, NY, July 15! -- Dongan Feis Secretary, 06:34:20 05/21/17 Sun
    Entries open on Feisweb

Judges, Musicians, Syllabus, and hotel information available on www.donganfeis.org.

3 rounds for open, 2 rounds for preliminary

Sashes and vases for top 3 in preliminary and open. Round medals for top 5 in preliminary and open.

Rotating judges for grades stages.

Hotel rate available until June 14
    Enter and pay before June 30 to avoid the late fee.
    Please pay within two weeks of entry to avoid your entry being deleted!

• Rough idea of when CCE novice/pw will start? -- SR, 21:10:22 05/20/17 Sat

• Are Morgan and McGrath combining? -- Looking for options in MD, 07:45:14 05/20/17 Sat

• NANs room available in host hotel July 6 and 7 -- Joanne, 20:09:13 05/19/17 Fri
    We have a room at the Hilton that we don't need on July 6 and 7, departing July 8th.
    Please let me know if you are interested in taking it.

Replies:

• CCE stage estimate for stage 2, Kris? -- Thanks., 13:51:29 05/19/17 Fri

Replies:
  • Room avail for Sheraton, in block, for NANS on July July 5. One Night -- So. Mom, 13:50:38 05/19/17 Fri

• Looking for a room at Hilton Riverside in New Orleans for NANs. Please contact me on kgb762@hotmail.com if you have one that you don't need. Thanks. -- Kerrie, 03:33:31 05/19/17 Fri

Replies:
  • Are any vendors doing wigs at Hurley? -- Thanks!, 15:44:24 05/18/17 Thu
    Head for the World and Reel Celtic Beauty are listed as vendors, but I'm not sure whether they typically put wigs on the dancers.

Replies:

• Volunteers needed! Hang your dress for FREE! -- LuAnn O'Rourke-Boyd, ADCRG, 12:53:19 05/18/17 Thu
    O'Rourke Irish Dancers is running the Nationals dress shop and we are still in need of volunteers. If you work a shift (2.5 hours) you can hang one dress for FREE ($35 value).

Please sign up here:

http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080c4aa9a62ba3fa7-reel

• McGough Academy Feis - Sunday, June 4th -- MA Feis Co-Chairs, 11:56:50 05/18/17 Thu
    The 3rd Annual McGough Academy Feis will be held on Sunday, June 4th at our new location in Malvern, Pennsylvania. We are thrilled to welcome all dancers and families to Great Valley High School. Sign up at www.feisweb.com and the late fee has been waived until Monday, May 22nd.

UPDATE: Open Championship winners ... in addition to receiving a Perpetual trophy and a blue Tiffany box with crystal, all Open Champ winners will also receive a 10% off voucher from Eire Designs by Gavin Doherty. So, 10% off a future Gavin!!! A special thank you is extended to Gavin Doherty for making this voucher available to our Open Championship winners!

Our Preliminary Championship winners receive a beautiful trophy, a 10% off voucher from Fays Shoes and tie dye socks!

All of our other winners who place, including in the Grades competitions, will receive very nice awards too. We also have a surprise for our medal round winners in our Open and Preliminary Championship competitions.

So, with a wonderful new venue including over 600 parking spaces, Feis Floor raised floors, first class adjudicators, wide hallways for our vendors, dancers and guests, a beautiful auditorium, 2 gymnasiums, and a spacious cafeteria, we are once again looking forward to hosting a terrific day with our always friendly Tough McGough volunteers.

Again, please register and pay at www.feisweb.com by Monday, May 22nd to avoid a late fee!

Thank you!

MA Feis Co-Chairs

• Now that the Orlando Feis schedule is out we have added more after lunch slots -- Karen/Celtic Curls, 11:32:31 05/18/17 Thu
    http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0C4AABAE23A4FA7-hair

We will be posting for the Low Country Feis shortly as well as the Southern Region Oireachtas. Since SRO spots are in high demand you will be able to book and pay early to ensure you have a spot, plus it allows us to see how many stylists/makeup/other service people we need. Last year we had to turn down appointments and would have been able to accommodate if we had an extra stylist or two.

• Hilton room available for Nationals -- July 2-6 can be changed end date., 10:43:09 05/18/17 Thu

Replies:
  • Feile Rince Charlotte is closing soon. We are at the same spacious venue we had in March so come on down. Second Chance comp for prelims! -- :), 11:54:37 05/17/17 Wed

• Nationals room available at the Omni 2 double beds July 3-5 -- no longer attending, 06:17:21 05/17/17 Wed

• Is the feis fleur de lis feis new or is this the one that was outdoors in the past? -- Mom, 14:08:41 05/16/17 Tue

Replies:
  • CCE - Stage 2 estimate for Open U16A/B? -- Thanks., 12:43:01 05/16/17 Tue

• Nationals Room Available-Hilton Riverside (host), July 4-6, 2 double beds, $159/night -- No longer needed, 18:15:46 05/15/17 Mon

Replies:
  • CCE Feis stages -- hoping not to be there all day, 16:41:40 05/15/17 Mon
    Does anyone have an estimate for the concurrent competition 418/419 on stage 3? New to this and not sure how long prior competitions will take? How late does this feis usually run? Has it run smoothly/quickly in the past or gone on in to the evening?

Replies:

• 2017 City of Sails Championship New Zealand -- L Doyle, 15:43:27 05/15/17 Mon
    Yes, it's a long way to come but we have families happy to billet dancers.
    Entry is open now www.feisentry.com
    We would love to show off our beautiful city and the chance to compete against dancers from the USA
    Check out our facebook page for more info https://www.facebook.com/cityofsailschampionship/

• Looking to setting up hair appointment with celtic curls for Orlando feis. Can anyone please share their experiences with them? -- IDmom, 11:16:35 05/15/17 Mon

Replies:
  • How long is a feis day in Southern Region? -- New Yorker, 10:31:56 05/15/17 Mon
    My apologies if this is a silly question, but I'm trying to work out flights and hotels for the Orange State Feis. I'm flying from NY on Friday night with competitions on both Saturday and Sunday. Would it be safe to say I could make a 9pm flight back to NYC on Sunday?

I know some feis days can be really long days, so I don't want to take a chance if there's no way I will be able to catch my Sunday night flight home.

Any advice is appreciated :)

Replies:

• Trying to register late for Hurley feis but feisweb is charging $20 late fee plus $20 change fee. Why change fee if not registered? -- DM, 10:28:29 05/15/17 Mon

Replies:
  • Austin Texas Double Feis Weekend June 9-11: Texas Capital Championship and Live Music Capital Feis and Championships -- Feis Committee, 08:33:55 05/15/17 Mon
    Rooms are filling up fast for our double feis weekend!

When: June 9th-11th
    Where: Holiday Inn Austin Midtown 6000 Middle Fiskville Rd, AUSTIN, TX 78752 (512)451-5757. Use the code " TCC," when booking.
    How to register for the feis: Both competitions are on FeisWorx- www.FeisWorx.com
    Schedule: We are still waiting on numbers but we will have a room for grades and champ room.

We will have perpetual cups for the Texas Capital Championships, and sashes for the top dancers. We will also have a Champion of Champions competition, with a perpetual cup.

This is a great opportunity to practice before NANs and to visit Austin!

Thank you,

Feis Committee

• CCE Vendors--anyone know who they are? -- Kelly, 08:16:07 05/15/17 Mon
    Can't find a list anywhere--just wondering about wig and shoe vendors. TIA

• Is anyone noticing fewer grade level dancers? Seems like many feis can longer fill their grades cap? Anyone have a theory as to why? -- Concerned, 03:44:01 05/15/17 Mon

Replies:
  • First time going to Holy Angels - is it inside or outside? -- TY, 19:32:04 05/14/17 Sun

Replies:
  • Can someone please explain what a second chance feis is? Referring to the one in Fredricksburg, VA. Does it have to be chosen and paid for in advance or can we decide to do it day of? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. -- Never been to a feis with this option before., 18:37:52 05/14/17 Sun

Replies:
  • Muggivan - thank you for a feis in the area. Please consider including the specials in the family max. You are pricing families of multiple children out of the competitions. This is also out of line with other Souther Region Feis. I understand costs have increased, but this is extreme. -- Mom of multiples, 06:35:34 05/14/17 Sun

Replies:
  • Tanning@ Nationals -- Dancer, 15:07:03 05/13/17 Sat
    Hi does anyone know of a company that will be doing tanning at Nationals?

Replies:

• Is there a group who collects unwanted Irish dance shoes? -- Emily, 10:45:01 05/13/17 Sat

• Is anyone doing wigs at the CCE Feis or Hurley feis? -- DanceMom, 13:59:27 05/12/17 Fri

• Hair and Make up appointments available for the Orlando Feis -- Celtic Curls, 17:38:02 05/11/17 Thu
    http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0C4AABAE23A4FA7-hair

• Can anytone please tell me cost of taxi from airport to Hilton Riverside for Nans.? -- Thanks, 13:09:37 05/11/17 Thu

Replies:
  • Looking for info on the Feile Rince Charlotte. We have never been and are thinking of attending. Wondering if anyone could tell me about what time it usually wraps up. Coming from a distance and trying to figure time home. -- -, 20:37:54 05/10/17 Wed

Replies:
  • Is the Fleur de Lis Feis happening this year? I think it is a new feis. -- Wondering, 19:13:46 05/10/17 Wed

Replies:
  • Nationals room available July 3-6 -- Jen, 13:58:33 05/10/17 Wed
    Room available from July 3 to 6. Can be modified to only 2 nights if necessary. Room is a suite with one king bed and a pull out sofa. 139.00 per night includes breakfast. At the Springhill Suites by Marriot in Downtown New Orleans

• Feis New Orleans and Magnolia State Feis -- Bob Van Den Akker, 09:22:18 05/10/17 Wed
    First payment deadline is May 12. Make sure you register and pay before then to avoid a late fee.

• Have a room available at the Embassy Suites in New Orleans from 7/6 - 7/10. King bed with pull out couch. Please email if interested. -- Meg, 05:27:58 05/10/17 Wed

• Maine State Feis 2017 -- Mairead Stillson, 16:12:34 05/09/17 Tue
    If you find yourself vacationing in the great state of Maine this summer
    Please join us for our annual Maine State Feis!
    Saturday, July 22nd 2017 at Gorham Middle School.

Our syllabus is now posted and all updates are available on our website
    Stillsonirishdance.com

http://www.stillsonirishdance.com/p/maine-state-feis.html

• NAIDC room Hilton Riverside 2 Double Beds July 4-6 - $159/nite -- email if interested, 13:36:39 05/09/17 Tue

• Judges for Legacy Feis? -- DM, 10:29:04 05/09/17 Tue
    Does anyone know if there will be different panels for the two days of the Legacy Feis? Feisworx only shows 3 names for the first day, none for the second.

Replies:

• CCE feis--just noticed dd's open champ group (older teens) is up to 47!! Must be several age groups combined. Will this be split? -- dm, 08:58:58 05/09/17 Tue

Replies:
  • looking for a room at westin or host hotel 7/4-7/5 or longer -- thank you, 13:28:02 05/08/17 Mon

Replies:
  • DQ on day 2 of back-to-back feisanna -- Nicole, 14:58:39 05/07/17 Sun
    Has anyone had feisworx make corrections after scores are finalized?

My daughter moved up from begII to novice for hornpipe on Saturday. She moved from Beg I to Beg II in double jig. We visited registration desk and changed to compete as novice today and beg II today. She got a DQ for being in wrong competition for hornpipe, but not treble jig. Feisworx won't change it now. It would have moved her to prizewinner so I feel like its a big deal! Does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies:

• My DD just advanced to Open Championship yest (of course we missed the May 1 deadline for Nationals LOL). Does anybody know where Nationals is in 2018? Something to look forward to next year. -- Lisa, 05:24:52 05/07/17 Sun

Replies:
  • Hurley School Feis - Registration extended to May 13th with no late fee! -- Feis Committee, 06:08:10 05/05/17 Fri

• Fredericksburg feis -- Any word on when it will open, 16:20:15 05/04/17 Thu
    We don't want to miss it - and concerned since it is only a month away maybe it is not happening.

Replies:

• Suggestions on designers for boys jackets? -- ., 16:12:10 05/04/17 Thu

Replies:
  • NATIONALS ROOM AVAILABLE - At Host Hotel, Hilton New Orleans Riverside. Dates are July 2 - 5, City View Two Queen Beds. Looking to release all three nights. Please contact email inside. -- mary, 15:19:05 05/03/17 Wed

• Moving to Ashburn VA any suggestions on schools? -- Thank you, 10:46:20 05/03/17 Wed

Replies:
  • Have a room available at the Embassy Suites in New Orleans from 7/6 - 7/10. King bed. Please email if interested. -- Meg, 05:52:26 05/03/17 Wed

• Orange State Feis- June 24-25th! -- Orange State Feis, 15:54:48 05/02/17 Tue
    Orange State Feis is open on ifeis! June 24-25th. champs on Saturday and grades on Sunday. Also offering second chance for prelims on Sunday! Enjoy a few days in the fabulous sun! Close to beaches and great shopping. Hotel block rate available at the beautiful Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina. Great opportunity before Nationals ! Hope to see you all in sunny Florida!

Replies:

• Does anyone have last year's schedule for CCE? Do they tend to run the same? -- planning travel time, 07:19:41 05/02/17 Tue
    TY

Replies:

• What ID schools are in the Nashville area? -- Mel, 19:48:38 05/01/17 Mon
    I'm looking for dance schools in or around the Nashville, TN area. I know there's Kristin Butke, Scott-Ellis, Southern Academy and Nashville Irish Step Dancers. Dancer is moving to Bowling Green, KY and would like to continue dancing. She will be a little over an hour away from Nashville. Does anyone have recommendations/know of other schools? Much appreciated!

Replies:

• Bluegrass Feis returns! -- Allison Duvall, TCRG, 16:16:35 05/01/17 Mon
    After a year hiatus, the Bluegrass Feis is back! The Kentucky McTeggart Irish Dancers present the Bluegrass Feis on Sunday, June 18, 2017, at the Lexington Convention Center in downtown Lexington. Join us to celebrate Father’s Day Weekend in the beautiful Bluegrass State!

Feis information: http://kyirishdancers.org/category/bluegrass-feis-2017/

Feis syllabus: http://www.feisworx.com/feis/Bluegrass2017Syllabus.pdf

Tentative Schedule:
    - Early Registration 7pm-9pm Saturday June 17th at the Hyatt Regency Lexington
    - Doors and Registration open at 7:00am Sunday June 21st
    - Dancing begins at 8:00am with Figures/Teams
    - All Irish Arts entries must be submitted by 9:00am

The feis hotel is conveniently located next to the feis venue, accessible without needing to go outdoors.
    Hyatt Regency Lexington
    401 West High Street
    Lexington, KY 40507, US
    Direct phone number: (859) 253-1234
    The rate is $119/night plus taxes and fees.

Hotel Booking Link available here: http://kyirishdancers.org/category/bluegrass-feis-2017/

Venue
    The venue is easily accessible by short indoor walk from the feis hotel:

Lexington Convention Center’s Heritage Hall
    430 West Vine Street
    Lexington, KY 40507

When you're not feising, enjoy Lexington and the beauty of central Kentucky. From the Kentucky Horse Park, Shaker Village, and history and art museums, to highly-rated restaurants, wineries and the Brewgrass and Bourbon Trail stops, there is something for the whole family in the Bluegrass State. See more at http://www.visitlex.com/.

• Peach State Feis - Will there be a competitor list? Do Southern Region Feis split comps at a specific number? Any information is helpful. -- Thanks in advance, Out of Region, 10:19:06 05/01/17 Mon

Replies:
  • Hurley School Feis - Register by May 7th to avoid late fees. See you May 28th! -- Feis Committee, 08:15:04 05/01/17 Mon

• Great new Celtic Fyre show at Busch Gardens lucky to be local and be able to see easily. Great to see all the new and returning dancers , heard this is last year for the show , get out and see if you are in the area -- fun show, 06:23:29 05/01/17 Mon

Replies:
  • Have a room available at the Embassy Suites in New Orleans from 7/6 - 7/10. King bed. Please email if interested. -- Meg, 16:46:35 04/30/17 Sun

Replies:
  • Will all competition areas (gym AND bubble) be air conditioned at this year's CCE feis? -- Thank you., 14:46:38 04/30/17 Sun

Replies:
  • Legacy By the Sea Feis - June 10, 2017 -- Angie Beck, 06:28:16 04/29/17 Sat
    Registration for the Legacy By the Sea Feis is now open on Feisworx. Visit Savannah, Georgia & join us for 2 days of feiseanna June 10th & June 11th hosted by the Legacy Irish Dance Academy Parent Association. Hotel blocks available. See our web site or Feisworx for more details!

Replies:

• For Holy Angels Feis- how does the schedule run? When are PC comps? -- TIA, 18:42:51 04/28/17 Fri

• World's Track Jacket for Sale, Ladies Small -- Dance Mom, 09:28:39 04/28/17 Fri
    Dublin 2017 Worlds Ladies Track Top for Sale, $50 OBO. Brand new, pre-ordered and was too large for daughter. Postage not worth returning. Never worn, still in package. Will be at Peach State Feis this weekend if interested.

Replies:

• Room available at the Embassy Suites by Hilton New Orleans Convention Center for NANs - 1 King + pullout couch (sleeps 3): 7/4-7/8 -- looking for someone to takeover reservation, 06:34:26 04/28/17 Fri
    king with pullout couch

• Oireachtas is in Orlando -- Confirmed -- Mw, 15:15:05 04/27/17 Thu
    confirmed
    http://idtana-southernregion.com/wp/2017/04/27/2017-southern-region-oireachtas/

Replies:

• Bluebonnet Feis- what vendors will be there? -- Dance mom, 14:01:39 04/27/17 Thu

• Legacy and low country feises -- help?, 16:43:52 04/26/17 Wed
    Is it that typical for a southern region feis that is only about 2 months away has not opened yet? Wanting to get do a VBRO but afraid to make arrangements until they open.

Replies:

• McGough Academy Feis - Sunday, June 4, 2017 -- Feis Co-Chairs, 10:04:50 04/26/17 Wed
    The 3rd Annual McGough Academy Feis will be held on Sunday, June 4th at our new location in Pennsylvania. We are thrilled to welcome all dancers and families to Great Valley High School in Malvern, PA. Sign up at www.feisweb.com.

Being held one month prior to the North American Irish Dance Championships (NAIDC) in New Orleans, LA, this venue offers plenty of parking (over 600 spaces), Feis Floor raised flooring, first class adjudicators, gorgeous Tiffany prizes, fantastic vendors, friendly Tough McGough volunteers, great food and plenty of surprises for a day of fun!

We will have two gymnasiums, a state-of-the-art auditorium, wide hallways for vendors, and a beautiful cafeteria. For attendees outside the area, there are plenty of hotels within 5 miles of the Feis including the Marriott Residence Inn, Courtyard by Marriott, Sheraton Great Valley, Hampton Inn and other hotels. The Feis is also located 10-15 minutes from the King of Prussia Mall in King of Prussia, PA (next to Valley Forge) and its' many hotels nearby this very popular shopping destination.

We look forward to having you join us on Sunday, June 4th!

• FEILE RINCE CHARLOTTE I see the registration on efeis but no syllabus or info on their website. Does anyone have information on this feis? Never been before and thinking of going? Thanks -- DM, 07:44:07 04/26/17 Wed

Replies:
  • Check out Irish Seams for all your dancing needs! https://squareup.com/store/irishseams -- Happy Dancing!, 07:32:26 04/26/17 Wed

• Avoid Late Fees - Register Today for the Queen City & Louisville Feis Weekend! -- Aim High in the City where Pigs & Racehorses Fly!, 08:04:14 04/25/17 Tue
    Fly on over to Feisworx and register now for the May 13th Queen City Feis & May 14th Louisville Feis! Both feiseanna will be held at the Duke Energy Convention Center in Cincinnati, Ohio. Only 4 days left to enter to avoid the late fee -- register by Friday – April 28th. For those interested in Grade Exams, we have 6 exam spots open for Grades 1-6 and 8 exam spots open for Grades 7-10. For more info, http://www.ericksonirishdance.com/queen-city-feis/.

• Has anyone used Diddlyi? Did it help? Was it worth it? -- considering, 06:16:48 04/25/17 Tue

Replies:
  • Two Queen Room in the NANs block at HILTON GARDEN INN NEW ORLEANS CONVENTION CENTER Available dates 7/3 - 7/10 -- No longer need it, looking for someone to take over the reservation, 11:33:19 04/24/17 Mon
    Just around the corner from the host hotel and a 10 minute walk to the venue (faster by cab or Uber)

2 Queen Beds, only $139/night

Dates can be changed to suit your schedule as late as 7 days prior to arrival

• 2 NANS rooms still available, take 1 take both -- Embassy Suites Convention Cntr, 09:22:32 04/24/17 Mon
    Dates reserved are July 5 through 12, can be changed.

Currently 1 room is a king, the other room is two doubles. Can be split, you do not have to take both, the hotel tells me they can change the king room to 2 doubles if needed.

If interested contact me a the email link provided

Replies:

• Could use your help! Relocating from Western Region to Southern Region, specifically Southern Indiana. Need a strong, competitive school in Louisville, KY for DD? Suggestions? -- Moving to So. Indiana, 14:07:48 04/23/17 Sun

Replies:
  • RIVERDANCE summer camp Boston -- first time camper, 13:08:38 04/23/17 Sun
    Has anyone attended the Riverdance Summer camp? any information on pick up/ drop off of campers fro airport? Is there a performance on the last day Saturday ? if so what time? trying to arrange flights. TIA

Replies:

• How do you handle deposit to transfer a NANS room? -- ., 16:53:03 04/21/17 Fri
    When you transfer a room to someone for NANS how do you work out the deposit issue?

Replies:

• 2017 Heritage Irish Dance Company Feis -- Feis Chair, 16:47:02 04/21/17 Fri
    Registration for the 2017 Heritage Irish Dance Company Feis opens Saturday, April 22, at www.feisweb.com. The syllabus may be found at http://www.heritageirishdance.com/2017-feis.html

Replies:

• I have a room at the Embassy Suites in New Orleans for July 6th through 10th. King bed. Please email if interested. -- Meg, 12:45:13 04/21/17 Fri

• Elevation dress making question for those with experience... -- C, 12:45:02 04/21/17 Fri
    Posted this on the main Irish dance board, but thought I would also ask within our region. We're at the beginning stages of having a dress designed and in between their emails to me and my replies ( deposit and measurements already sent in)… It's been days and days. They asked me a question a week ago and I replied the same day with an answer and a question. It's been a week. Wondering if I'm expecting too much. Thought it wouldn't be that big a deal doing this from overseas… But I'm second-guessing myself now. Love your thoughts.

Replies:

• The hotel room block for the Bluebonnet Feis has been opened again. -- BB Feis Committee, 11:12:28 04/21/17 Fri
    Please clink on this link if you need to book a room for the feis.
    https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/events/start.action?id=1702089649&key=2EB1B4BA

See you next weekend!

• Does the Southern region have a newsletter like the Mid Atlantic region does? -- ??, 19:40:58 04/20/17 Thu

Replies:
  • Tomorrow (Friday) is the last day to register/pay for the Dayton Area Feis. We hope you will be joining us this year! -- Dayton Feis Committee, 05:44:07 04/20/17 Thu

• Nationals room available at the Omni 7/3-7/5 - 2 double beds -- email me plz!, 04:45:15 04/20/17 Thu

• Fay's hard shoes for sale, size 4.5, barely worn. DC metro area. -- Interested?, 16:06:41 04/19/17 Wed
    Already posted on Voy Shoe Sale board. Not sure how many hits it gets...

• 5/13 Queen City Feis & 5/14 Louisville Feis Weekend -- Queen City Feis & Louisville Feis Committees, 07:06:31 04/19/17 Wed
    Hello Southern Region friends! Join us for the 5/13 QUEEN CITY FEIS & 5/14 LOUISVILLE FEIS weekend to be held in Cincinnati, Ohio! Make a weekend of it with two great feiseanna in one fun city. Feis entries are being accepted online via Feisworx. Grade Exams 7-11 will be held on Friday-May 12 with Vinny O’Connor, SDCRG as the examiner. Grade Exams 1-6 will be held Saturday afternoon-May 13 with Ryan Carroll, ADCRG as the examiner. Grade Exams applications are being accepted via mail.

• The Schedule for the Bluebonnet Feis has been posted on Feisworx. -- BB Feis Committee, 13:53:04 04/18/17 Tue
    See you next weekend!

Replies:

• I have two days at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside available - July 1 and July 8. 2 queen beds at $159 per night plus taxes. Please let me know if interested. -- mom, 07:52:39 04/18/17 Tue

Replies:
  • It's for real! Feis Fleur De Lis -- Feis Chauffer, 13:22:52 04/17/17 Mon

6/10/2017 - 6/11/17 FEIS FLEUR DE-LIS (New Feis)
    2nd Sat - Sun of June
    Southern US www.muggivanirishdance.com muggivanvarep@gmail.com
    Fredericksburg Hospitality House and Conference Center, 2801 Plank Road, Fredericksburg, VA, 22401
    Organization: Muggivan School of Irish Dance
    Chairperson: Caitlin Fahey and Joni Muggivan muggivanvarep@gmail.com
    Entry Secretary: Feisworx info@feisworx.com

Replies:

• The first deadline for the Bluebonnet Feis is past. -- BB Feis Committee, 08:51:50 04/17/17 Mon
    But it's not too late to register and pay before the next late fee kicks in! All online entries will close in 7 days so don't delay!

• Congratulations to Drake senior mixed figure world champions! -- Go, Southern Region, 15:30:24 04/16/17 Sun

Replies:
  • Clueless, so trying to understand. No bashing, name dropping or gossip, please. Saw the recalls for Ladies 20-21. Trying to figure it out... more -- C, 07:18:00 04/15/17 Sat
    There was only one dancer from the Southern Region who recalled at Worlds today. I checked the SRO results page to see how she did at SRO - and she's not even listed as recalling. I'm assuming she didn't attend? Trying to figure out how you can WQ AND WM. Once you WQ you don't have to compete at Oireachtas? Honestly don't have any issues with this; just trying to figure it all out.

Replies:

• Can someone post a list of the SR dancers who received World Medals at this year's Worlds? Thanks! -- DD, 05:56:53 04/15/17 Sat

Replies:
  • Anyone looking for a need dress appt. with Rising Star for Nationals delivery, please leave your email here and I can transfer my spot. No longer need dress. RS taking orders from August on! -- DM, 03:59:31 04/15/17 Sat

Replies:
  • Today is the deadline to book a hotel room for the Bluebonnet Feis. -- BB Feis Committee, 12:43:51 04/14/17 Fri
    Please use this link if you need a room. https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/events/start.action?id=1702089649&key=2EB1B4BA The feis is Saturday, April 29, 2017. This is the last weekend to qualify for Nationals. Prelims have two opportunities in 1 day to compete and earn that needed first place. Supplemental Prelims will begin around 9:00 am after figures. Specials will be next and then Open and Preliminary Championships will begin right after that in Ballroom 1. Grades U11 will begin after figures and then 11&Over in Ballroom 2. 6 stages and sashes for specials and championships! It's not too late to register!

• The time schedule for the Horgan Academy Spring Feis in Connecticut is now posted at www.HorganAcademy.webs.com + Entry postmark deadline is Mon., April 17 so that all entries can be received and processed in time for the Feis. Wishing everyone a Happy Easter and we look forward to welcoming everyone to the Feis! -- 25th annual Horgan Academy Spring Feis + Watertown, Connecticut + Sat., April 22., 07:15:06 04/13/17 Thu

• Peach State Feis and Feile Georgia Feis: May 6th and 7th. -- FPC, 18:37:46 04/12/17 Wed
    Please join us for the 27th annual Peach State Feis and 1st annual Feile Georgia Feis in Atlanta May 6th and 7th, 2017.

Do you need to practice your new steps for NAN's? This is a great opportunity to give the new steps a whirl around on stage.

Want to see Riverdance live? The show is in Atlanta the same weekend, get your tickets today!

Peach State Feis Theme is Irish Derby Days, so look for volunteers to be wearing Kentucky Derby hats!

Feile Georgia will have a super hero theme with SUPER HERO CAPES awarded to championship dancers instead of sashes!

Register online at https://www.ifeis.net/
    Last Day to Register is April 22, 2017

for more information visit our website! http://peachstatefeis.com/

Replies:

• Congrats to Simone! I heard she danced her heart out! Celebrating back on this end of the earth. -- So. Region fam!, 14:49:52 04/12/17 Wed

Replies:
  • Girls 14-15, congrats to all. Amazing competition. Well done. -- SRO person, 12:34:50 04/12/17 Wed

• Which dances will the senior ladies do at the 2017 sro? -- Thanks, 11:45:31 04/12/17 Wed

Replies:
  • Feis at the Beach, Prelim Champ U15 (comp 408B) missing score sheet -- Searching, 05:07:06 04/12/17 Wed
    Daughter's score sheet was missing at awards ceremony for this competition last Saturday. Did anyone perhaps receive the wrong score sheet, or two score sheets stuck together (one of which might be my daughter's)? Still trying to get her results. Thank you in advance if anyone can help.

• Lynn Academy Stamford Feis Deadline Approaching! -- Lynn Feis Chairs, 08:13:26 04/11/17 Tue
    The April 30 Lynn Stamford CT Feis registration deadline is fast approaching, and we are closing in on our cap! We have professionally installed raised stages for all levels, sashes for rounds in both prelim and open, and a nice mixture of local and overseas judges. Large school location with plenty of space. We will have a monitored dress resale area. Prelims - last chance to get that last first before May 1! Information on twitter and facebook at Lynnfeis.

• Any new info from a reliable source about where SRO location will be? -- Wondering...., 16:01:02 04/10/17 Mon

Replies:
  • Registrations for the Dayton Feis will be closing at the end of the day on Friday, April 21st. We have a large number of unpaid registrations. If you are planning to attend, please complete your registration on Quickfeis as soon as possible. We have planned a fun day and hope we will see you April 29th at Hobart Arena! -- Dayton Feis Committee, 09:24:45 04/10/17 Mon

Replies:
  • Does anyone know how many are registered for PC U 15 for the Orlando feis at the end of May? -- TIA, 08:40:02 04/10/17 Mon

Replies:
  • Feis Fleur de Lis Fredericksburg? -- Wondering, 15:21:33 04/09/17 Sun
    Saw this as an upcoming on feisworx for June but cant find any information out there for it...anyone know anything?

Replies:

• Anyone know the numbers for U14PC Bluebonnet? Trying to decide if we'll make the trek! TIA! -- C, 20:32:52 04/08/17 Sat

Replies:
  • I know it's a far way off but for anyone who has been to the Legacy by the Sea Feis- what is the parking availability around the venue? -- TY, 17:57:39 04/08/17 Sat

Replies:
  • Magnolia State Feis (new) and Feis New Orleans are both open for registration. -- Bob, 09:12:54 04/08/17 Sat
    Presented by the same friendly folks from McTeggart Louisiana who have put on the great Feis New Orleans for the past 25 years. Now under the direction of Ryan School of Irish Dance and on a new weekend. We hope you will register and attend our wonderful feis weekend. We really look forward to seeing you then. Thank you.

• Looking for a fun feis trip? Feile Denver (May 6) and the new Centennial State Feis (May 7) are both open for registration on Feisworx.com! Held in Loveland, Colorado with beautiful mountain views, lots of hotels, restaurants and an outlet mall nearby. Join us for this back-to-back opportunity to compete including 3-round prelims! -- ., 14:23:56 04/06/17 Thu

Replies:

• When does the late fee start for Peach State- is it for registrations after April 7th or 8th? -- DM, 12:20:05 04/06/17 Thu

Replies:
  • Elevation dress for sale for 14-17 y.o. -- thank you for looking, 10:50:50 04/06/17 Thu
    Measurements:]
    Chest 36"
    Waist 32
    Dropped waist 38
    shoulder to hem 34
    Will be at Feis at the Beach.

http://www.dance.net/viewImage.html?image_id=736814

• Feedback on Ryan and O'Donnell or Hallmore heavies? DD has long narrow feet and Rutherford's tend to be too wide and the Fay's haven't held up well. Just looking for hardshoe input. She's also a growing dancer so we don't hold on to them for long. -- Thanks!, 06:35:51 04/06/17 Thu

Replies:
  • McGrath Academy Feis in US. CLRG wake up and stamp out the potential for corruption that this creates. More inside -- Con, 08:34:05 04/05/17 Wed
    This feis was held 1 week before their school AD is expected to give impartial and unbiased judgement on some of the best dancers in the world. The only conclusion I can come to is that the people associated with and attending the feis - dancers & AD's - are expecting some favourable treatment by getting in front of the AD judging the worlds. I hope the world AD is professional enough to see through the despicable behaviour of the serial offenders and rise above any politics!! World judges should not be allowed to host feiseanna once they have been announced as world judges.

Replies:

• DD is considering transfer. I hear it is rough, dance friends shun you, TCs dismiss you and DD friends shame them. All news from inside. -- Is it really that bad? Please share., 19:46:28 04/04/17 Tue

Replies:
  • Do you have dance shoes to sell? Let Step Down the Line help you. We have people contacting us every day for hard and soft (boys and girls) shoes. The only fee is 10% of selling price and consignors set their own prices. www.stepdowntheline.com -- StepDowntheLine, 19:43:39 04/04/17 Tue

• So it IS ok for a Worlds AD to host a feis one week before worlds even though she's a judge a worlds? -- Don't understand rule, 12:05:40 04/04/17 Tue
    I thought that the Judges for worlds couldn't host or judge a feis days before Worlds. Where are rules stated or was this just an ongoing rumor?

Replies:

• Registration for the Dayton Feis has been extended to April 21st. The feis will be held April 29 at the Hobart Arena in Troy, Ohio. This is the last opportunity for prelim dancers to qualify for Championship in time to dance at Nationals. New this year, there will be a Blind Treble Reel held during the lunch break. We hope to see you there! -- Dayton Feis, 20:07:17 04/03/17 Mon

• DD wants to transfer but concerned it is too,late as want to attend SRO.. -- Any advice from those who have been in this boat?, 19:08:43 04/03/17 Mon

Replies:
  • Coming to Texas feis in June with a u11 and u12 open. are there ny differences in how feis is run in southern region? We dance 3 rounds. Overall champ announced, individual rounds posted. Any feedback appreciated! Excited to see the South! -- West Coast, 17:35:14 04/03/17 Mon

Replies:
  • Stunning dress for sale! Immaculate condition. Free shipping around the US included in the price. Email for more information :) -- Sandra, 13:29:59 03/31/17 Fri

• Custom made for $475- more... -- Email, 12:08:33 03/31/17 Fri
    https://www.facebook.com/TheVelvetCastle/
    I designed this at someone's request and they never came back.
    It was for a special so this is a good deal,& can be in any colors. Email for more info if interested.
    Also offering any dress on my website for 700.00.

Replies:

• Has anyone else had problems with Hullachan heavies ripping at the toe seam? Our third pair just ripped after four months of use. The first pair were replaced after ripping and lasted until out growing. Frustrated! Is it just my child's weird foot? -- KN, 18:59:01 03/30/17 Thu

• Any dancers attending Ole Miss in the fall? -- SRMOM, 10:49:39 03/30/17 Thu

Replies:
  • Exquisite Elevation for sale- black with pink, white and gold! On trend, top of the line embroidery and drenched in hundreds of dollars of Swarovski crystals. Photo link inside. Made for 5'2" dancer. -- mom, 07:14:46 03/30/17 Thu
    http://tinypic.com/a/aaazis/4
    Beautifully kept and a true standout on stage. $1550. Will be available at Big Apple Feis and Feis at the Beach. Please email if you have any questions.
    Measurements:

Full length: 30.3/4 inches (8 1/4“ from floor)

- Bust: 37 inches (dancers is a 34C)

- Under Bust: 31.5 inches

- Natural Waist: 30.5 inches

- Belly Button: 32.5 inches

- Dropped Waist: 36 inches

- Hip Measurement: 38 3/4 inches

- Back Shoulders: 13 1/2 inches

- Back of the shoulders at the top: 15 inches

- Front of the Shoulders: 13 inches

- Sleeve Length: 22 1/2 to knuckle

Mid shoulder to bust 9 1/2
    Midshoulder to waist 17 1/2
    Mid shoulder to bellybutton 18 3/4
    Midshoulder to dropped waist 23 1/2
    Back of neck to dropped waist 20 1/2

Replies:

• Stage estimate times for Mcgrath @ auditorium? -- Much appreciated., 12:04:50 03/29/17 Wed

Replies:
  • Mary McElroy Workshop CT April 28-30 -- Erin Mulcahy T.C.R.G., 03:09:57 03/29/17 Wed
    Mary McElroy TCRG ADCRG Prep Workshop
    When: April 28th-30th
    Where: Irish American Home Society Glastonbury, CT
    (Centrally located between New York and Boston)
    Ideal for any TCRG, ADCRG candidate or anyone that would like to learn the changes in the new book Á Rincí Céilí. And the Traditional Sets
    This workshop is a major benefit to all potential candidates.
    Please contact Erin Mulcahy T.C.R.G. as soon as polible for more information by emailing workshop@mulcahyacademy.com

• Room at Citywest -- Jagi, 01:14:59 03/29/17 Wed
    Desperately looking for a room at Citywest for 2. April 12th and April 13th. If you have both nights or either night please email me at jagicocco7@gmail.com. thank you

• New dance message board -- irishdanceboard.com, 16:08:13 03/27/17 Mon
    Please take a few minutes to check out the newest Irish dancing message board:

irishdanceboard.com

It has folders and subgroups as well as a search engine. No more wasting time re-reading the same posts and no spam! Thanks

Replies:

• Looking for Jubilee tiles -- IDmom, 06:24:30 03/27/17 Mon

Replies:
  • Any news on exact location/dates of SRO? I've heard Nashville and I've heard Orlando. I'm a senior lady college dancer just trying to plan my dance budget for the rest of the year! -- Senior Lady, 20:04:00 03/26/17 Sun
    Any news on exact location/dates of SRO? I've heard Nashville and I've heard Orlando. I'm a senior lady college dancer just trying to plan my dance budget for the rest of the year!

Replies:

• Mcgrath - time estimate for auditorium? -- Tnx, 17:03:10 03/26/17 Sun

Replies:
  • dropping down from adults -- R, 15:31:47 03/26/17 Sun
    Does anyone know the rules for dropping down from adult competitions in the southern region? I'm an adult advanced beginner/novice right now, but it is my dream/hope to someday make it to prelim. What are the official rules about dropping down to a younger age group after competing with adults?

Replies:

• Peach State Feis and Feile Georgia New Double Feis Weekend in Atlanta May 6-7th -- Feis Info, 14:45:46 03/26/17 Sun
    Please join us for the 27th Annual Peach State Feis now offered back to back with 1st Annual Feile Georgia Feis. We are looking forward to seeing everyone in May. Registration is through https://www.ifeis.net, for more information please visit our website at http://peachstatefeis.com.

Thank you!

• McGrath feis floors in cafe? are they raised or marley over hard floor? -- thank you, 09:24:03 03/24/17 Fri

Replies:
  • Place to sell dresses at McGrath? Monitored /Unmonitored ??. -- Dm, 07:18:44 03/24/17 Fri

Replies:
  • How is it legal to take money for underage kids to dance while not paying kids? It seems very wrong. -- Confused, 07:54:43 03/23/17 Thu

Replies:
  • Anyone have a room at City West for Wednesday, April 12 that they don't need? -- Mom and Dancer (Hopeful), 13:18:22 03/22/17 Wed

• Does anyone have an alternative to electrical tape that they have successfully used for taping the tops of heavies? I don't like the repeated exposure to the kids of the fire retardant they put on electrical tape and am looking for a good alternative. Thanks for any help! -- HS, 08:51:31 03/21/17 Tue

Replies:
  • Time is running out to register for the Bluebonnet Feis in Dallas, TX. April 29, 2017. -- BB Feis Committee, 08:05:45 03/21/17 Tue
    We will have supplemental preliminary championships in the morning. This gives you TWO chances (IN ONE DAY) to earn those firsts to move to open and the last weekend to qualify to go NAN's! Book your hotel room using this link: https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/events/start.action?id=1702089649&key=2EB1B4BA Come feis in Texas!

• Wow, Saw Rockin Road to Dublin in Richmond, VA the other night. There just is no show like this! -- Go., 18:03:16 03/18/17 Sat
    Amazing acoustics, fantastic dancers, the musicians are from another planet. Please do not miss this show.

Replies:

• Any news of McGrath Feis Champ schedule???? -- Planning, 16:58:50 03/18/17 Sat

Replies:
  • loking for a room for wed April 12 for Worlds ?? a long shot -- dancing girl, 14:11:06 03/18/17 Sat

• Teachers fees for majors -- Curious, 18:59:30 03/16/17 Thu
    Do all dance schools charge a coach/teacher's fee for majors? We have a fee for teaching that breaks down to about $200 an hour for a teacher. Is this a new thing And is it truly legit or our some teachers just trying to fund their own trips to the comps.at the expense of their students. Irish dance is really expensive, why another fee?

Replies:

• Seems like several families we know are passing on NANs this year. Is this a trend, or just my circle? -- Dm, 13:59:13 03/16/17 Thu

Replies:
  • Anyone know when the SRO location will officially announced? -- Hearing rumors..., 15:50:30 03/15/17 Wed

Replies:
  • Feis New Orleans and Magnolia State Feis -- Bob Van Den Akker, 09:14:28 03/15/17 Wed
    The Magnolia State Feis (May 27) and Feis New Orleans (May 28) are both now open for registration on Feisworx. Both are being presented by the Ryan School of Irish Dance (made up locally by former McTeggart, LA) and to be held at the Hilton New Orleans Airport. You will still see the same friendly and helpful volunteers as you have always seen at the previous Feis New Orleans events. Hope to see everyone there.

Replies:

• Beautiful Rising Star Dress for sale http://www.dance-again.com/X1515b.html -- DM, 13:04:33 03/14/17 Tue
    http://www.dance-again.com/X1515b.html

• Wiscpnsin Spring Feis Grades Exams are Open for Registration -- Wisconsin Spring Feis, 09:16:25 03/14/17 Tue

On Friday May 5, 2017 Wisconsin Spring Feis will offer Grades Exams. Grades 1 - 10 are being offered. The cap for these exams is 50 exams total.

The Examiner is Ryan Carroll, TCRG, ADCRG, BG.

Registration is available on Feisworx. You will also find the syllabus for the exams posted there.

• New Dress -- SR Dance Mom, 07:02:20 03/14/17 Tue
    I have a deposit with Rising Star for a new dress to be made for a late May 2017 delivery that I will not be using. The spot can be transferred to another dancer. If anyone is interested please contact me at ireland6674@gmail.com for more information. Thank you.

• The McGough Academy Feis is now accepting entries on FeisWeb for Sunday, June 4th at Great Valley High School in Malvern, PA! We are looking forward to another great event this year and welcoming all dancers! www.mcgoughacademy.com -- MA Feis Committee, 12:29:13 03/13/17 Mon

• Room for Worlds needed 4/12-4?16 : plans fell through -- Catheen, 16:36:34 03/12/17 Sun
    I thought I had a room but it was given away. Does anyone have a room April 12-16?

• "Champion Looks" with Carrington Couture -- Shandelle Fisher, 19:50:10 03/11/17 Sat
    Hello everyone....My daughter Carrington and I are very excited to announce our new feis vending business, "Champion Looks" with Carrington Couture. We will soon be coming out with a list of Southern Region feises that we will be attending throughout the year. Our services will include full face make up and wig application for all ages and levels. Carrington is an official consultant for LipSense, the newest trend in NO SMUDGE, NO TRANSFER lip gloss, which we will also be selling...Perfect for protecting those amazingly beautiful dresses!!!! If you're wanting more information and that "Champion Look", you can find us on facebook or email carringtonfisher@yahoo.com
    We look forward to hearing from you and meeting you all soon!!!

• We have family in Charlotte and had planned to do Holy Angels Feis Memorial Day weekend, but they won't respond to e-mails and their website is dead. Soooo, taking a hint, we are looking at the Feile Rince Charlotte. Does anyone know when registrations open and which site they use? -- Thanks in advance!, 08:58:53 03/11/17 Sat

Replies:
  • CCE taking place? Hello. Anyone have any idea if the CCE going to happen? -- DM, 02:13:07 03/11/17 Sat
    Thank you.

Replies:

• Prelim ringer -- SM, 06:27:07 03/10/17 Fri
    Just curious... what are people's thoughts about a PC dancer who wins over and over again and doesn't move to open? Not looking for trouble- just wondering what pros and cons are.

Replies:

• World Irish Dance Championship 2018 in Washington DC/National Harbor? (more) -- true?, 11:17:01 03/09/17 Thu
    This article says that the 2018 World Irish Dance Championship in 2018 will be held in Washington DC presumably at the Gaylord at National Harbor. Is this true?

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2017/01/25/ryman-pour-90m-into-opryland-water-park/97032508/

Replies:

• Celtic Star Judges & Musicians -- Ruth, 06:41:55 03/09/17 Thu
    Celtic Star Judges:
    Eddie Murphy
    John Heinzman
    Joe Seletzki

Celtic Star Musicians:
    Caroline Bartley
    Chris McLoughlin

Replies:

• Worlds -- Anne, 09:04:51 03/08/17 Wed
    Does anyone know who the vendors will be for Worlds this year? Would like to schedule hair and tan appointment prior to arrival, but see nothing on the CLRG home page or FB page. Thanks!

Replies:

• Question for those of you who travel to Colorado for feising... more -- CC, 16:30:36 03/07/17 Tue
    So we were considering doing some Colorado feises... and during a conversation on the topic with some older dancers, they all talked about how badly they did in CO b/c of the altitude. I never considered this to be a problem we'd encounter, but I guess so. Anyone experience this? Hate to get there and feel sick from altitude sickness...thoughts?

Replies:

• Queen City Feis/Louisville Feis Weekend Grade Exams -- CLRG Grade Exams, 08:16:27 03/07/17 Tue
    The Queen City Feis & Louisville Feis committees will be hosting Grade Exams on Friday - May 12th and Saturday - May 13th in Cincinnati, Ohio. We will be offering Grade Exams 1 - 10, but would also like to offer Grades 11/12. Before offering Grades 11/12, we need to see how many applicants would be interested in these higher grades. If you are eligible for either Grade 11 or Grade 12, please CONTACT US no later than March 10th. Application forms must be completed and returned no later than March 10th. We will then forward all applications to the Examination Authority so they can appoint a SDCRG who would be able to examine all Grade 11/12 applicants

Replies:

• Celtic Star Feis- March 24th-26th -- Ruth Connelly, 10:55:25 03/06/17 Mon
    HI Everyone,
    Just a friendly reminder about the Celtic Star Feis being held at the Atlanta Sheraton on March 24-26th. If you haven't paid your entries, the deadline is March 9th,to avoid a late fee. Registration is through www.ifeis.net. We have a great line up of judges and musicians. Grade Level Exams offered on Friday evening. First and Second chance competitions offered. Trophy Competitions for all levels. Can't wait to see you there!! All the best, Ruth Connelly- Feis Chair

Replies:

• Get your Irish Dance Mom t-shirt on time for the upcoming St. Patrick’s Day shows! -- ., 09:34:44 03/06/17 Mon
    https://www.amazon.com/Womens-Irish-Dance-Shirt-Shoes/dp/B01MZEC2H7/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1485901656&sr=1-1&nodeID=7141123011&th=1

• Anyone know when information for Legacy Feis will be available? Syllabus and when it will open for registration? Trying to plan summer travel. Thanks! -- DM, 07:38:09 03/06/17 Mon

Replies:
  • Congrats to the Walsh Kelley Two Day Feis -- Raleigh Feis Co-Chair, 06:57:07 03/06/17 Mon
    What a beautifully run Feis - smooth, seamless, lovely. Volunteers were wonderful. Venue was FANTASTIC - lots of great open spaces - the staff at the hotel were magnificent. Awards postings were quick and efficient - all competitions well run. Simply a delightful weekend - so glad that you expanded to a two-day Feis! Knowing all of the work that goes into it, I'd like to express my heartfelt "thanks" and appreciation to all of the magnificent volunteers. Such a lovely lovely weekend!

Replies:

• Can anyone tell me numbers in u9 and u11 PC for Celtic Star Feis? -- Thanks!!, 19:11:02 03/05/17 Sun

Replies:
  • To the person who swiped my DD earrings from the chair in the girls bathroom.... -- Ha!, 16:40:25 03/05/17 Sun
    Jokes on you! Got home, had a rough night, turns out she has strep AND an ear infection.

Pppphhhhhbbbbblllllllttttt!!!!!!!!

Replies:

• Anybody get comments for today from Charlotte yet? Nothing for my 2 daughters and yesterday only 1 daughter got comments. -- frustrated, 15:26:49 03/05/17 Sun

Replies:
  • AAnybody else not see the results for comp 253S from Charlotte today? I see all other comps. -- mom, 15:04:15 03/05/17 Sun

Replies:
  • CCE Feis happening? -- wondering, 14:28:54 03/05/17 Sun
    It's on the NAFC Schedule- but heard rumors it's not happening. Anyone with insight? Planning our spring schedule.

• McTeggart Feis - results were posted online yet personal results were different than what was final result. Now all results are gone. Everything ok? -- --, 15:29:23 03/04/17 Sat

Replies:
  • McGrath Feis - March 7th is the last day to register without paying late fees! Good luck to all competitors - come join us in Woodbridge, VA on April 2nd (right outside of DC) for a great day of dancing! -- McGrath Feis Committee, 05:03:39 03/04/17 Sat

Replies:
  • Is anyone having trouble reaching Rising Star? Emails bouncing back saying their mailbox is full -- MH, 18:38:54 03/03/17 Fri

Replies:
  • new flexi headpiece to match your dress £25 -- dm, 06:03:46 03/03/17 Fri
    https://www.facebook.com/irishdancingtiara/photos/pcb.1476706589029897/1476706072363282/?type=3&theater

• Looking to buy a pair of 13.5 used hard shoes at Walsh Kelley/Charlotte this weekend for my u9 dancer if anyone has a pair to sell. -- Kelli Naughton, 18:17:40 03/02/17 Thu
    We're staying at yhe feis hotel Fri and Sat nights. Thanks for looking through your outgrown sizes! :)

• Lynn Spring Feis -- Lynn Feis Committee, 12:29:53 03/02/17 Thu
    The Lynn Spring Feis to be held on April 30, 2017 at Stamford High School is now open for entries on Feisweb!

• Not from SR, wondering where registration for a Holy Angels feis can be fiound? -- TY, 09:43:57 03/02/17 Thu

Replies:
  • Do we have confirmation of location for SRO '17? I hear TN then FL, then TN. -- Anyone?, 05:58:35 03/02/17 Thu

Replies:
  • Le Meridien Room Available -- Nationals mom, 18:06:07 03/01/17 Wed
    We have a Le Meridien room with two queen beds, 7/3-7/9, if anyone is in need.

Replies:

• Natural hair question for champs - inside -- CC, 11:55:27 02/28/17 Tue
    So our dancer is waiting for her dress to be made, and this is her first time doing a competition in all black. She wants to do natural hair - half up, half down, with a pouf. Question - for long hair - do you curl the ends or go straight? What's your reasoning? I'm trying to figure out what will look the most "clean" and polished. Curls have bounce, straight can look unfinished; so I'm in a quandary.

Ideas? Opinions? Thanks all!

Replies:

• Fun Alert: Drake School of Fort Lauderdale and Kelly School of Fort Lauderdale: Get ready for Rockin' Road to Dublin!! Tonight at Parker Playhouse -- www.rockinroadtodublin.com, 10:29:47 02/28/17 Tue
    Saw it in Savannah and it rocks! Don't miss it!

Replies:

• Texas State and Cowtown Feis - Are champ awards held until the end of the day, or throughout the day -- New to this feis... TIA, 09:56:11 02/28/17 Tue

Replies:
  • How do we know which group? -- SR Mom, 09:33:59 02/28/17 Tue
    How do we know if the dancer is in group A or B? I didn't see it listed when I logged in to efeis. I know it will be on their card, but is there a way to know before registration?

Replies:

• Are the numbers listed on ifeis.net for the numbers in competitions telling how many have paid or how many are signed up? -- thanks!, 07:09:10 02/28/17 Tue

Replies:
  • Walsh Kelley combining up to 4 age groups? -- How is this allowed?, 19:27:42 02/27/17 Mon
    Walsh Kelley posted their stage schedules. According to the syllabus, up to 2 age groups can be combined. But on their stage schedule, they have groups with up to 4 age levels combined. For example--single jig on the second day combines u7, u8, u9, and u10. How is this allowed? What am i missing?

Replies:

• Any Walsh Kelly feis advice? -- DD mom, 12:21:18 02/27/17 Mon
    Coming from out of region for this one for the first time ever and couldn't find any reviews to know what to expect. Does anyone have any helpful tips? Anything we should bring (or avoid- ie. camping, food)... Thanks for any info.

• Teachers having favourite students stinks. I don't know what else to do! -- Sorry to be negative but it hurts., 11:51:53 02/27/17 Mon
    Over teachers having their favourite students. Hard work and being dedicated just doesn't seem to work anymore. Losing faith!

Replies:

• Is there a stage schedule for Walsh Kelley School Feis yet? NT -- Trying to plan., 08:11:37 02/27/17 Mon

• Boys/Men's Stretch Trousers. Where is the best place to buy the stretch Irish Dance Trousers? -- DDS, 07:22:28 02/27/17 Mon

Replies:
  • Dress for sale, will be at Inishfree Bluebonnet feis in April http://www.feisdresses.com/ads/beautiful-gavin-6/ -- Retired Damcer's Mom, 21:45:31 02/25/17 Sat

• Where is the Oireachtas being held this year? -- Thanks, 07:31:57 02/23/17 Thu

Replies:
  • McGrath Feis question -- Beginner mom, 13:55:46 02/22/17 Wed
    I'm considering this feis for my young (7 year old) beginner. I'm new to this and it would be her first competition. Thoughts as to how this one runs? After ready these boards I'm pretty terrified of going to one of these things and being there all day. Would this one be a good first time for a younger dancer who doesn't have a ton of patience for waiting around? I understand that some waiting is normal - I guess what I'm trying to find out is, is this one of the ones that take up an entire day? Thanks in advance for any help/advice you can give.

Replies:

• Is anyone considering attending the Irish dance New Heights fitness workshop on July 10? -- It's an Open workshop, it says., 10:14:39 02/22/17 Wed

Replies:
  • Inishfree Bluebonnet Feis - April 29, 2017 Dallas, TX -- BB Feis Committee, 10:01:01 02/22/17 Wed
    Registration is open on Feisworx. We are offering 2 chances to earn a first in Prelims on the same day! This is the last weekend to earn a first to qualify for NANS. Feis is 5 minutes from D/FW Airport - free shuttle to hotel. Come feis in Texas!

• Nation's Capital Feis Info Please -- Irish Dance Mom, 09:35:05 02/22/17 Wed
    We are thinking of planning a family trip to Washington DC this summer and would love to get some information on the Nation's Capital Feis please.

Does PC dance on Saturday or Sunday?
    Is it an outdoor feis?

Any feedback, tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Replies:

• Little Rock Feis on schedule still for 4/22? -- MW MOM, 09:17:53 02/21/17 Tue
    Last year we attended this Frod and loved Little Rock and this Feis and really enjoyed it! I can't find a web page for it or listed on the NAFC schedule...only asking as trying to plan our travel to Feis withh a graduating senior it's hard!

Thanks so much!

Replies:

• Feis na tara -- Maureen eddy, 16:18:10 02/18/17 Sat
    I was unable to attend feis and missed gdaughters dancing...perhaps someone has a podium photo they might share of u14 prelim ...thanks much....

Replies:

• Big shout out to the cast and crew from Rockin Road to Dublin for a great show la,st night, love the interactions after the show with dancers , families and TC's -- Great show, 08:21:38 02/18/17 Sat

Replies:
  • Saw the Teelin school is having an inaugural feis day after Culkin. Is this the same org that ran the disaterous feis in MD in January? I think I would be hesitant to register, though we always love the Culkin Feis!! -- Concerned re New Feis!, 08:37:24 02/17/17 Fri

Replies:
  • City of Sails Championship -- L Doyle, 18:26:13 02/16/17 Thu
    We extend a warm welcome to Southern Region dancers to our Championship in New Zealand in July.
    See our facebook page for more details:
    https://www.facebook.com/cityofsailschampionship/
    Billeting available.

Replies:

• City Wiest- desperate for a room, does anyone think cancelled rooms will be listed hete -- Thanks, 17:42:18 02/11/17 Sat

Replies:
  • Anyone ever been to Mexico City feis? -- New Yorker, 09:30:13 02/08/17 Wed
    Hi, all! I'm heading down to Mexico next week for the Mexico City Feis, and I cannnnnnot wait! I'm just a little in the dark about how this works, since it's so different from the East Coast feiseanna I've attended.

Does anyone know how big it is? How are awards run? Do they get many vendors (not going all the way to Mexico for a feis without picking up a t-shirt, ha!)? English is my first language, but I have a little Spanish in my back pocket -- will I understand everything that's happening around me?

Because the feis employes a manual registration process, I can't see how many are in my competition, let alone who else is registered. There are also very few photos of past competitions for me to reference.

Any and all insight and advice is appreciated :)

SJ

Replies:

Archives: 1234 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a new public message:
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.