VoyForums

Natural Pain Relief

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

Irish Dance Message Board - Southern Region
Welcome to the Irish Dance Message Board for the Southern Region. This board will be moderated to maintain a friendly, fun and supportive forum - in true Southern Region style! If you read any message that you deem inappropriate please email me @ srmessageboard@yahoo.com and I will remove it at your request.....Thanks...Have fun and enjoy!

• Just a reminder that the Raleigh Feis closes registration this Saturday, January 31st. Register now at www.feisworx.com so you can join us on February 6th and 7th at the Durham Convention Center. More information at www.raleighfeis.weebly.com or friend Raleigh Feis on Facebook. -- RFC, 23:32:18 01/25/15 Sun

[ Post a Reply to this Message ][ Edit | View ]

• Has anyone received the KOS results? Mine are not showing up in my personal results -- TIA!, 18:37:19 01/24/15 Sat

Replies:
  • Possibly moving to Kennisaw State College area from the MWR. Can someone tell me what schools are close by? -- Mid-West Mom, 16:57:38 01/23/15 Fri

Replies:
  • OGrady Quinlan has merged with Lynn and RNE? -- ., 12:12:35 01/23/15 Fri

Replies:
  • Wanted: 5.5W size rutherfords hardshoes (re-post since it's farther down) -- see inside for email, 11:30:48 01/23/15 Fri
    lundbergka@gmail.com

• Feis at the Beach will be open Friday evening for registration. Feisweb.com -- FAB Committee, 19:20:01 01/22/15 Thu
    Please join us on April 18th, 2015 for the 4th Annual Feis at the Beach.

*1300 competitor cap. (We added an extra room at the convention center this year to ensure that there continues to be plenty of room for everyone).

*Contemporary set competition available

*New this year age group 20+ for Prelim and Opens.

*Champ awards overlooking the ocean. Yes, the sandcastle trophies are back.

*Round awards for prelim.

*The rides are open this year! And more shops on the boardwalk will be open as well.

For more info, please visit
    http://www.cumminsschool.com/feis-at-the-beach.html

We check the boards fairly regularly as well. Hope to see everyone down the shore!

Replies:

• My daughter has just moved into Prelim, but she always get comment about her arms. Does anyone has suggestions on keeping those arms still? -- Much appreciated, 14:37:08 01/22/15 Thu

Replies:
  • Today is the big day -- interested, 05:30:34 01/22/15 Thu
    Waiting on worlds judges/conflict announcement

Replies:

• What happened to Z and B???? -- Miss the blog, 05:11:48 01/22/15 Thu

• Dancers: in your opinion what's the best soft shoe currently on the market? -- I need new ones, 17:00:13 01/21/15 Wed

Replies:
  • Stunning Celtic Star Dress for sale , Would suit 8-11 -- SB, 08:54:07 01/21/15 Wed
    http://www.donedeal.ie/costumes-for-sale/stunning-celtic-star-dress/8506614?offset=10

Replies:

• The Dayton Feis Committee is planning a fabulous Feis! -- DF Committee, 08:51:54 01/21/15 Wed
    We are implementing some exciting changes that we hope will improve the overall experience of all who attend.

- New Date! Sunday, April 26th (back-to-back with the Buckeye State Feis)
    - New Venue! Dayton Airport Expo Center
    - New! Sashes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in PC and OC
    - New! 1st, 2nd and 3rd place PC and OC awards will be presented on a winners’ podium
    - New! The Treble Reel will take place immediately prior to lunch
    - New! Stage Assignments will be done by age level
    - New! We will be using QuickFeis
    - New! Results will be available to take home with you
    - New! Day-of-Feis registration will be available
    - New! Plenty of FREE parking
    - New! Feis will be located on a single floor with plenty of room for camping
    - Cap will remain at 800 competitors
    - Feis location is near the intersection of I-75 and I-70, with easy access to the Dayton International
    Airport
    - The drive from the Buckeye State Feis is an easy 75 minutes west on I-70

Registration will open February 1st on QuickFeis. We look forward to seeing you!

Please watch our website and/or follow our Facebook page for additional information:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dayton-Feis/539686449459054

http://daytonfeis.org/

• Feis New Orleans Photos -- Bob, 04:48:06 01/21/15 Wed
    Here is a link to some photos and a story posted on the Times-Picayune nola.com website. We hope you enjoy.
    http://photos.nola.com/4500/gallery/feis_new_orleans_dance_competi/index.html#/15

Replies:

• Feis New Orleans -- Bob, 04:22:05 01/21/15 Wed
    Just a reminder to please take a minute to complete the Feis Feedback form on FeisWorx at www.feisworx.com. Simply click the "Feis Feedback" button on the top of the page and then select "Feis New Orleans 2015" from the drop down box. The survey only takes a minute to complete and will go a long way toward helping us improve for next year. Once again, THANKS to everyone who attended and helped make Feis New Orleans a tremendous success. We look forward to seeing you again next year.

• Does anyone know where 2016 Oireachtas is for Southern Region? Thx! -- CC, 16:03:01 01/20/15 Tue

Replies:
  • Size 12.5 and size 1 shoes for sale. -- Email me, 13:04:45 01/20/15 Tue
    $60 plus shipping ($165 new) Feis Fayre Atlantic Bróg black hard shoes with white strap size 12.5 Like new condition

$35 plus shipping ($65 new) Fays Celtic Choice Patent Leather Blue size 1 Like New Condition

$100 plus shipping ($165 new) Fays Black Ultra Lights Hard Shoe Size 1 Like new condition worn twice

Replies:

• WORLDS ROOMS -- Kim, 08:42:24 01/20/15 Tue
    I have 4 rooms for worlds that I am trying to get rid of....2 in the Sheraton (March 29th-April 3rd) and 2 in the Holiday Inn (March 30th-April 3rd) which is right across the street from the hotel. Please email if you are interested.

Replies:

• Feis na Tara registration is open on Feisworx.com -- Feis committee, 05:23:23 01/20/15 Tue
    Y'all come back to the sunny, friendly south for another great Feis na Tara. The feis will be Friday night and Saturday, February 27 and 28 at the Atlanta Airport Marriott. Don't forget the fun "Devil Went Down to Georgia" treble reel on Friday night.

Registration is open on Feisworx.com.

Replies:

• THANK YOU to all who attended Feis New Orleans this past Sunday. We hope you had an enjoyable experience. Please take a moment to complete our Feis Survey on FeisWorx. Simply click the "Feis Feedback" button on the top of the page and then select "Feis New Orleans 2015" from the drop down box. The survey only takes a minute to complete and will go a long way toward helping us improve for next year. Once again, THANKS to everyone who attended and hleped make Feis New Orleans a tremendous success. We look forward to seeing you again next year. -- Bob, 04:26:50 01/19/15 Mon

Replies:
  • qualifying for OC -- dance mom, 19:04:43 01/18/15 Sun
    The standard southern region syllabus states that: "Dancers must qualify for Open Championship via the method now in place for Preliminary Championship i.e. two 1st place wins.". I've been told that there needs to be at least 5 competitors in a PC competition for the win to count toward qualifying for OC. Are there any exceptions to this rule? Thank you.

Replies:

• Anyone know the Krewe of Eire Senior Open Champs results? -- Biting my nails, 19:48:43 01/17/15 Sat

Replies:
  • Might be moving & need ID school recommendations -- MommaMix, 20:48:41 01/16/15 Fri
    due to hubby's job we may be moving from SE VA to any of the following locations in the Southern Region
    - Charleston SC
    - Jacksonville FL
    - Pensacola FL

I am starting to research these areas now even though we wont know anything until Easter at the earliest. Can anyone recommend ID schools in these cities? TIA

Replies:

• Does anyone know if Rhythm and Rince summer camp will be happening this summer? Thanks! -- SDM, 13:44:46 01/16/15 Fri

Replies:
  • 2015 Raleigh Feis - February 6th and 7th -- RFC, 08:56:12 01/16/15 Fri
    The last day to register for the 2015 Raleigh Feis, without a late fee, is Sunday, January 18th at www.feisworx.com Come join us at the Durham Convention Center on Friday, February 6th (music and adults) and Saturday, Febuary 7 (grades, champs, and teams). Don’t forget about the Maureen Harling Charity Reel Special! More information can be found at the Raleigh Feis website (http://raleighfeis.weebly.com/) or on the Raleigh Feis FB page.

• I have a hotel room available for Worlds that we are no longer able to use... -- dancemom, 06:52:48 01/16/15 Fri
    It is at the Spring Hill Suites in Montreal in the block -- and is a room I reserved that fits a family of 5 (maybe 6?). It is two double beds and a sofa bed. Dates of reservation are check in on Tues, Mar 31 -- checkout on Friday, Apr 3. If you are interested please contact me through email link on the name field.

Replies:

• Walsh Kelley Feis question- is anyone familiar with the schedule for WK Feis? We have a long drive, and I am wondering when U13/U14 PW would dance on Saturday. -- TIA, 05:10:16 01/16/15 Fri

• The McGrath Feis is 2/3 of the way to its cap. Thank you to all that have registered! There was a glitch in the system... but prelim dancers may now register for traditional set dances. The hotel information is now on our website www.mcgrathirishdance.com Thank you for your support! -- McGrath Feis Committee, 06:05:43 01/15/15 Thu

Replies:
  • Nationals room block -- Dm, 20:14:31 01/14/15 Wed
    Does anyone know the release date for the Nationals room block?

Replies:

• I have a room in the block for Worlds that I do not need. -- please email me for dates/location, 11:56:15 01/14/15 Wed

Replies:
  • Va/DC/MD dance schools - any schools have a used shoes for sale on their school website? -- Looking to try on & buy used hard shoes..., 07:52:00 01/14/15 Wed

Replies:
  • FeisDresses.com has over 3,500 dresses and items for sale on our website! And as always, list your items for FREE. It's a great place for dress and Irish dance item shopping. -- Rhonda at FeisDresses.com, 11:24:10 01/13/15 Tue
    Sold items are cleared off daily to make for easy browsing and shopping!

If you already have items posted, please take the time to update them or delete any sold items. It is a new year, and time to re-evaluate your items for sale, and perhaps drop your price or update photos. The website is setup as a "Do-It-Yourself" site -- So you are able to login to your account and update and delete your own listings whenever you wish! Happy buying and selling!

• Worlds judges/Conflicts -- Cathy D, 07:01:00 01/13/15 Tue
    Does anyone know when the final Worlds judges for 2015 will be announced or when the judging conflicts will be released? Does anyone know which Southern region schools will be affected?

Replies:

• Feis New Orleans - Registration closes at noon today. Please double check your registration and pay any fees due. See you this weekend. -- Bob, 06:20:12 01/13/15 Tue

• O'Rourke Feis -- Feis Committee, 11:30:15 01/12/15 Mon
    Registration for the 5th Annual O’Rourke Feis is almost closed. Any unpaid registrations will be deleted 1/17/15 at 9am. All registrations made after this date will involve a $10 late fee. Don’t delay and don’t get shut out.

Doors open at 7:30, comps start promptly at 8:30
    3 Grades stages (Stages 1-2-3) First floor
    3 Champs stages (Stages 4-5-6) Second floor - Hard Shoe FIRST Prelim and Champs
    Marley in all theatres.

2 concessions areas with quite an impressive menu of healthy items. Breakfast and lunch. And Lucille O'Rourke's famous soda bread. We'll be offering lots of breakfast options from bagels and donuts to fruit and yogurt. There will be a lunch special that includes sandwich, chips and a drink. We'll also be providing gluten-free and nut-free snacks as well! CASH ONLY please!

Medals rounds for Open Champs sponsored by Feis411.com
    Sashes for top 5 in Prelim and Open Champs
    FeisWeb deluxe tabulation service
    Large parking lot right outside PAC, Lot W-1 AND W-2 …No parking in red lined spaces.

Supervised dress shop, $5 per dress
    11 vendors (list on our blog)
    American Girl Doll, with Irish Dance Dress Raffle
    Elevator (handicap access) to second floor is across from main entrance. Volunteers and PAC staff will show you the way.
    Handicap bathroom next to handicap elevator
    Campus is monitored by State Police and the speed limit is 30mph.
    Judges and musicians list on our blog

NO FOOD OR DRINKS allowed in the theatres *** WATER ONLY
    NO MAKE UP APPLICATION IN THEATRES *** Please us the bathroom for putting on make-up
    THERE IS PLENTY OF MIRROR/COUNTER SPACE***and 30 stalls in the women's room
    SMOKERS must be outside, 20 feet from any doorway, and dispose of cigarettes properly.

Soda bread entries please drop off you entry at the Registration table by 12pm. If you are unable to drop off by then, email us at orourkefoundationinc@gmail.com to make other arrangements.

Results and announcements during the day will be posted via Twitter @orourkefeis and Facebook facebook.com/orourkefeis

Please email questions and concerns to orourkefoundationinc@gmail.com

Safe travels and see you all Saturday 2/7

• Feis New Orleans - On site registration and check in will take place from 12:00-3:00 and 6:00-9:00 on Saturday and at 7:00am on Sunday. -- Bob, 08:57:26 01/12/15 Mon

• The 2nd Annual McGrath Feis is open on Feisworx! Join us on April 19th at our new spacious venue - CD Hylton High School in Woodbridge, VA. We will continue to have medal rounds for prelim and open, sashes for 1st through 3rd place prelim and open champs and there are a few perpetual trophies to be awarded! Looking forward to seeing everyone in April! -- McGrath Feis Committee, 08:25:25 01/12/15 Mon

Replies:
  • Rules on switching schools -- Unsure, 18:52:35 01/11/15 Sun
    Is there currently a rule on how many times you can switch dance schools? What if you switch and realize it was a mistake? Can you switch again?

Replies:

• teaching -- just curious, 17:56:18 01/11/15 Sun
    I have a clrg question,

if you are a currently dancing at one school and a former student broke off and formed her own school can the dancer teach at the newly formed school while dancing under a different school? my daughter was asked to teach at the newly formed school as a student teacher but we don't want to break any rules. Thanks!

Replies:

• Does anyone have a sense of when McGrath is opening for registration? -- local mom, 16:59:24 01/11/15 Sun

Replies:
  • Nationals -- New Dance Mom, 14:03:26 01/11/15 Sun
    My daughter qualified for Nationals dancing U10. Now she is U11 in 2015. For Nationals does she dance U10 or U11? Thanks

Replies:

• If you are looking for a new, natural, gluten free makeup brand to use for dancing, try out Younique! I am a Younique presenter, and the products are amazing - especially the 3D Mascara! Head to http://www.youniqueproducts.com/LauraDownie/ to check out these products, or email me with any questions! -- Laura :), 04:17:54 01/11/15 Sun

• Considering coming from up North for the Raleigh feis, but last flight of the night is somewhat early. Any idea how this feis runs and what time oldest prelim typically dances? -- Thank you so much for any help, 19:45:02 01/10/15 Sat

Replies:
  • Feis New Orleans - Registration will close at noon on Tuesday, Jan13. Please double check your registration and make sure you get your payment in before noon on Tuesday. THANKS -- Bob, 17:01:10 01/10/15 Sat

• American Pride Feis 2015 near Nashville Tn -- APF Committee, 15:08:01 01/10/15 Sat
    We have reserved a great venue for September 12th, 2015. They offer free cooked to order breakfast and free parking. Details will follow when we have a signed contract.

Replies:

• St Louis Feises -- Candice RIce, 11:59:30 01/10/15 Sat
    Could someone tell me if any dancers signed up for adult comps The St Louis
    Doubleheaders in St. Louis. If so how manyvin each dance.

Replies:

• Food Drive at Feis Na Cara -- Sheila Sweeney, TCRG, 17:10:00 01/09/15 Fri
    The McDade-Cara School of Irish Dance will be holding a food drive at Feis Na Cara on Sunday. We will be collecting any non-perishable items - breakfast, canned, etc. All donations will be delivered to the Nelson County Food Pantry in Lovingston, VA. The pantry holds a special place in the hearts of my family. All items will be donated in loving memory of my dad, John McGrory - who passed away in May. Thanks so much for your support:)

• Kris or someone!! help with Na Cara stage time est? inside -- Sue, 12:29:42 01/09/15 Fri
    New to prelim- any thoughts on when Comp 402 will start- stage 6
    Thanks!

Replies:

• Prep for worlds -- Jesseblue, 07:02:42 01/09/15 Fri
    Just wondering what kind of prep other schools do for their world qualifiers? Our school has a workshop and an extra class just for qualifiers on the weekend. Just curious as to what other teachers/schools do or don't do?

Replies:

• Needing advice... -- Concerned Mom, 11:31:40 01/07/15 Wed
    Due to hubby job transfer, we will most likely be moving to Atlanta area this summer from MWR. I was hoping to get any advice on area dance schools AND Catholic High Schools. DD is teen prelim dancer and is currently at a small, fairly drama free school. I'm not wanting to start any arguments or nastiness so I would appreciate any constructive info be emailed directly to me by clicking on bold name above. We don't have a target area of where we want to buy a house so I'm looking at school options first. Hubby's job would be southeast of city. Thanks in advance!

Replies:

• Is the Memphis Feis happening this year? Didn't see it on the feis calandar. We were hoping to come down from up North for this one. -- :), 10:43:06 01/07/15 Wed

Replies:
  • Desperately seeking shoes: rutherfords or ryan & O'donnell size 5.5 wide. Can be old shoes (I prefer that they are old actually). -- Senior Lady, 07:24:27 01/07/15 Wed

Replies:
  • Feis na Nollag February 15,2015 -- Donny Golden School, 07:17:56 01/07/15 Wed
    Donny Golden and his school would like to wish you all a very Happy New Year! We are pleased to announce that Feis na Nollag is now open for entries on Efeis. The 36th annual Feis will be held in Brooklyn at Kingsborough Community College on February 15, 2015. Our esteemed panel of adjucators and musicians are as follows:
    Caitlin Allen, Siobhan Moore, Laureen O'Neill James, John O'Keefe, Sue Fay Healy, Bernadette Short, Kerry Broderick, Maureen Hamilton Nelson, Maureen Armstrong, Kerry Kelly Oster, Karyn Oster, Annmarie Acosta Williams, Pattie Moriarity Morrissey, Billy Furlong, Andrew Furlong, Niall Mulligan, and Billy Keller.

We offer Traditional Set competitions for all dancers, soda bread competitions, and a Dance Off competition that has been held since 1979.

Entries will close February 1, and we will continue to accept late entries until February 8 with a $10.00 late fee.

All questions pertaining to the Feis can be sent to feisnanollag at gmail dot com

Please join us for a great day full of friendship and culture.

• Dressmaker Help -- SRmommy, 18:14:53 01/06/15 Tue
    I've been trying to contact Kirations for a few months so we could be placed on her wait list for a new solo dress. We have several friends who've had dresses from her, and we love her designs and workmanship. I also was hoping to find out how far down on the list we might be, so that if it was months, I would know to look elsewhere as my daughter has outgrown her solo dress. Unfortunately, I have not received any response from her - I do realize she is extremely busy, and her website said she was booked thru December. I'm just trying to figure out if she can take us on, depending on her timeline, but the lack of response is kind of frustrating. Even if other dressmakers we've used in the past couldn't work with us for 1-2 months, they emailed me to let me know where we stood.
    Am I being too impatient?

Replies:

• Doire Dress For Sale at Feis Na Cara This Weekend -- Jenny Krese, 16:56:40 01/06/15 Tue
    This Doire dress will be displayed for sale at Feis Na Cara this weekend. The dress is ideal for a 5'2"-5'4" medium-build girl. Emerald green velvet with beautiful crystals, headband and bloomers. View here:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16943078/Elle%20Green%20Dress%20Flyer.pdf

• New Orleans Double Feis -- KL, 10:49:24 01/06/15 Tue
    Can you give the number for U10 Prizewinner. I see its listed as U11 when you register. Just want to make sure there are 5 in the line before we make that big trip.
    Thanks

Replies:

• Is there not a website for the King O'Sullivan feis? The link takes me to a website that says its a domain that's for sale. Trying to figure out if there is a discount for the venue hotel? The price per room is outrageous, combined with super low numbers and a defunct website is making me wonder if the feis is still happening?? -- concerned payor, 09:50:28 01/06/15 Tue
    Is there not a website for the King O'Sullivan feis? The link takes me to a website that says its a domain that's for sale. Trying to figure out if there is a discount for the venue hotel? The price per room is outrageous, combined with super low numbers and a defunct website is making me wonder if the feis is still happening??

Replies:

• The McGrath Feis will be opening on Feisworx in mid-January. The feis is on April 19th at CD Hylton High School (New location!). The syllabus is now posted on the McGrath website. http://mcgrathirishdance.com/the-mcgrath-feis/. Join us in April! -- McGrath, 08:38:21 01/06/15 Tue

Replies:
  • King-O'Sullivan Winterfeis -- out of region mom, 17:02:58 01/05/15 Mon
    We're considering traveling from out of region for the King-O'Sullivan Winterfeis, but I can't find much information and with 164 confirmed registrations two days before the closing date, are they even having this feis?!

Assuming they are, does anyone know where I can find answers to some basic questions about the feis?

Should I expect combined age groups for PC comps?
    Is the feis held in the feis hotel?
    What time does the feis begin?
    Does this feis typically run in a timely fashion?
    Does the feis run youngest to oldest for PC? hard shoe first?

Thanks!

Replies:

• Recommendations for a school near Georgetown University? TIA -- Hoya Saxa, 11:43:15 01/04/15 Sun

Replies:
  • Anyone know if the Savannah Feis will be back in 2015? -- SR Fan, 19:43:40 01/03/15 Sat
    ie in Savannah??

Replies:

• CLRG Grade Exams -- reeltreble, 07:35:27 01/02/15 Fri
    Does anyone know of any feis that are offering grade exams in March or April?

• We hope everyone is enjoying this time with family and friends! Just a reminder that the Raleigh Feis is open on Feisworx and registration is open until January 18th. We would love to see you on Friday, February 6th (music and adults) and Saturday, February 7th at the Durham Convention Center! More information can be found at our website: http://raleighfeis.weebly.com. -- Raleigh Feis Committee, 17:27:14 01/01/15 Thu

Replies:
  • New Year's SALE at www.feisnstuff.com. Just enter the code "feisnstuff" at checkout to get 10% off on all purchases. Offer valid from Jan 1 to Jan 7. Happy New Year's everyone! -- Sonia, 10:43:14 01/01/15 Thu

• Siopa Rince dress for sale! Worn by a slim 5'5 dancer -- Kathy, 20:02:27 12/31/14 Wed
    http://getthatdress.com/21608/dress-x21608/
    Contact Kathy Woellecke at cantonmom@aol.com

• North Coast Feis-Info regarding MidAmerica Costume Rules -- Irishmama, NCF Secy, 12:33:03 12/31/14 Wed
    I am receiving multiple emails regarding the MidAmerica costume rules/info on our syllabus.
    Please note! These rules are only in effect for the youngest age groups U8 and U9. Solos dresses for all above U9 do not have to conform to these requirements.
    Please see our syllabus for specifics

• Feis New Orleans & Krewe of Eire Feis - Today is the last day to get your registration completed and paid in order to avoide the late fee. Please join us in New Orleans for an exciting weekend of Irish dance and fun!!! We hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year! -- Bob, 04:00:57 12/31/14 Wed

Replies:
  • Mass at the Double Feis weekend in NOLA? -- 723AndOffYouGo, 15:56:24 12/30/14 Tue
    Trying to figure out logistics for the Krewe of Eire/Feis New Orleans weekend January 16-18. Will Sunday (or Saturday vigil) Mass be offered at the Feis hotel or somewhere nearby?
    Thanks
    Cheers

• Perfect first solo dress!! http://www.feisdresses.com/ads/pink-purple-ombre/ -- New year! New dress!, 09:06:44 12/30/14 Tue

• http://getthatdress.com/21590/dress-x21590 -- Dress for sale age 9-12 years.Worth a look., 17:58:25 12/29/14 Mon

• Beautiful never worn ruby red/gold sequin solo needs a good home! -- https://www.facebook.com/TheVelvetCastle, 11:51:20 12/29/14 Mon

• East Coast sleep away dance camp? -- first timer, 05:47:31 12/29/14 Mon
    My DD has finally convinced us to allow her to go to a sleep away dance camp. If I am reading it right, there are two on the east coast - Rince Cua and Rince Ceol. Are there others? What would a younger dancer love about either one? She is on the verge of prelim so might be there by summer, but might not (who knows?) and is on the quiet side but loves loves loves her ID.
    TIA!

Replies:

• Feis New Orleans - Late fees start Dec. 31. Please get your registrations complete and paid before the deadline to avoid late fees. Looking forward to seeing everyone there. -- Bob, 03:22:48 12/29/14 Mon

Replies:
  • Pictures from a Feis.... -- Enjoy, 17:44:50 12/28/14 Sun
    Stumbled upon a link of some pictures of the CCE Feis, Circa 2007.

Over 180 pictures of dancers, judges, volunteers, and MoonPies

http://imageevent.com/zandb/cce2007feisday?pa=comhaltas

Recognize anyone?

Replies:

• The Walsh Kelley Feis is on March 7-8. Does anyone know what day grades dance? -- Can't remember from last year..., 05:53:01 12/28/14 Sun

Replies:
  • Raleigh Feis Input/recs? How big are PC events?split? -- SR, 05:12:17 12/28/14 Sun

Replies:
  • FeisPix website latest news -- FeisPix, 08:06:27 12/26/14 Fri
    Last month FeisPix announced that its existing website would be replaced with a new site by the end of the year, but that it would not be possible to migrate images from events in 2014, such as the World Championships 2014 in London. The replacement new site is now up and running as of Christmas Day but it may be a little time before it permeates into the world networks. And the good news is that we have decided to dedicate some considerable time to re-uploading all the world images from 2014. The re-uploading process of World 2014 is almost 50% complete, and the remainder is estimated to be complete by the end of the year.
    In order to view the image galleries it will be necessary to log-in and create a new password. All accounts from the old site have had to be deleted.
    The new site has an increased range of goods available to customers including a variety of crystal items with laser engraved images. Please check out the site but if you have any difficulties in ‘seeing’ it after 48 hours of this message, please contact us on john.feispix at gmail.com.

• Merry Christmas May your hearts be filled with joy! -- Gina-Foster, 06:58:27 12/25/14 Thu

Replies:
  • Any mergers in southern region coming? -- ., 13:26:00 12/23/14 Tue

• Established School looking to hire a TCRG in Suffolk Long Island; EMAIL Name & Resume: tcrglongisland@gmail.com -- Established School, 11:54:06 12/23/14 Tue

• Feis New Orleans and Krewe of Eire Feis. The Hilton only has King rooms available at this time. Group code is FEI. Make your reservations soon. -- Bob, 08:51:26 12/23/14 Tue

• Seems like Orlando Feis will be cancelled for 2015 -- Disappointed, 20:31:32 12/22/14 Mon

Replies:
  • Merry Christmas and Happy New year! -- Blessings!, 13:46:03 12/22/14 Mon
    God Bless Us, Everyone!

I am sure someone will flame me for this, but blessings to that person as well!

Replies:

• Anyone have full results for U15 SRO? -- dm, 08:07:44 12/21/14 Sun
    My daughter's first O and creating her a special Christmas present that we need her actual ranking (did not recall)...we have asked her teacher but think with the holidays she is swamped...I can email anyone her number or name...not sure how they rank it...thanks!

Replies:

• Is there a code for the hotel for the KOS Feis? I cannot find it on the syllabus or the website. -- --, 19:24:12 12/20/14 Sat

Replies:
  • Grade exams : are there any scheduled? -- curious, 15:51:16 12/20/14 Sat

Replies:
  • Booked a room for the Jan. New Orleans Feis. Used the code but was charged $138. Are all of the rooms in the block gone already? -- SRDancer, 03:58:28 12/20/14 Sat

Replies:
  • Questions about Worlds Association conflicts -- Hopefull, 10:57:24 12/19/14 Fri
    When/how will we know for sure the final decision on judges and association conflicts?

Do the next dancers in line from O automatically move up or do you have to apply for it somehow?

Will our TC be informed and tell us or do we need to be aware and alert our TC?

Is this something we need to be discussing with TC now, or wait for the final official announcement?

Our dancer was 1 away from worlds and there were several possible association conflicts placed above her so I am very interested.

Replies:

• U10-11 Dress pink/black polka dot -- Virginia seller, 14:44:36 12/17/14 Wed
    Check out our dress for sale - thanks.
    http://www.feisdresses.com/ads/adorable-solo-dress/

• CEILI MUSIC for IRISH DANCING: VOLUMES 1-3 by Sean O'Brien - AVAILABLE NOW on ITUNES!!! -- Sean O'Brien - Irish Dance Music, 08:14:10 12/17/14 Wed
    Finally, it's here...

CEILI MUSIC for IRISH DANCING: VOLUMES 1-3 by Sean O'Brien

Now available on ITUNES!!!

This comprehensive collection contains EVERY CEILI DANCE IN THE BOOK!

VOLUME 1 contains:

Reels 112-116
    Reels 113 (Long) – Full 'High Cauled Cap' as per the book!
    Jigs 112-116
    Jigs 113 (Long) – Full 'Eight Hand Jig' as per the book!

VOLUME 2 contains:

Trip to the Cottage 112-116 – Full length as per the book!
    St Patrick's Day 112-116 - Full length as per the book!
    Lannigan's Ball 112-116

VOLUME 3 contains:

The Sweets of May 113, 116, 119 – Full length as per the book!
    The Three Tunes 113, 116, 119 - Full length as per the book!
    The Gates of Derry 113, 116, 119
    The Humours of Bandon – Full length as per the book!
    The Siege of Carrick & Haste to the Wedding
    The Rakes of Mallow
    The Bridge of Athlone

Here are the Itunes store links for each Volume:

VOLUME 1 - https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/ceili-music-for-irish-dancing/id951991242
    VOLUME 2 - https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/ceili-music-for-irish-dancing/id951988968
    VOLUME 3 - https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/ceili-music-for-irish-dancing/id951990840

Enjoy... and Merry Christmas ;)

• Are O qualification rules the same in all regions? May be moving to SR and dd has already qualified in MWR for 2015's O. Wasn't sure if she'd have to requalify in SR. -- Mum, 08:06:19 12/17/14 Wed

Replies:
  • 2015 WORLDS ADJs -- as posted on other mbs, 04:06:09 12/17/14 Wed
    Adrian Stewart
    Annie Kidd
    Phoebe OD
    Frances Curley
    Sharon OBrien
    Elaine Cavanagh
    Cian Nolan
    Sharon O'Brien
    Ciaran &Sinead Brooks
    John & Mgt Morgan

Replies:

• New dance mom mistake -- GA dance mom, 18:09:02 12/16/14 Tue
    Hi Everyone!

This was my daughter's first Oireachtas and it seems that I made a mistake and I'm hoping that someone may be able to help me out.

After my daughter didn't recall we decided to head home. I didn't realize that by leaving and not staying for awards that I wouldn't be able to get my daughter's results. Does anyone have the girls U14 results that would be willing to email them to me, please? thank you!

Replies:

• Congrats to New TCRG Sara Rhodes! We couldn't be more proud of you! Love your ACR family -- D (Joyful), 15:25:36 12/15/14 Mon
    We love you!

Replies:

• The Raleigh Feis is Open! -- February 6th and 7th, 14:30:21 12/15/14 Mon
    The Raleigh Feis is open on www.feisworx.com. Join us at the Durham Convention Center in North Carolina on Friday, February 6th (music and adult competitions) and Saturday, February 7th (teams, grades, and champs). The hotel block available is for the Durham Marriott City Center (919- 768-6000). The group rate is $121 per night and the last day to reserve a room is January 16th. The group name is 'Raleigh Feis 2015'.

More information can be found on Facebook (Raleigh Feis) or on our webpage: http://www.raleighfeis.org.

Replies:

• Congrats to Katie Francis!!! Boyle School's newest TCRG! -- Your Boyle Family (Way to go!), 10:20:34 12/15/14 Mon
    We are so proud of you and all your dance accomplishments!

Replies:

• New TCRG!!!!! -- ", 08:25:03 12/15/14 Mon
    Im so happy for the state of Virginia and the Southern Region. Just heard about a couple new teachers!!!! Congrats girls!

Replies:

• If an Open dancer doesn't recall at the O, do they still go to Nationals? -- curious, 07:12:10 12/15/14 Mon

Replies:
  • Just a reminder....Today, Monday, Dec. 15, is the last day to become eligible for the drawing for the $50 Visa giftcard to be given away at Feis New Orleans. All you have to do is register and pay TODAY to be included in the drawing. -- Bob, 05:58:36 12/15/14 Mon

Replies:
  • So we all know the 2015 Oireachtas is going to be in Dallas--any idea where 2016 will be? -- D, 17:54:48 12/14/14 Sun

Replies:
  • Wanted: Old pair of Rutherford's soft leather sole super flexible, size 5.5 wide. Will take any pair, preferably and the older the better! VA Beach, Newport News, Richmond or DC areas. -- Really need a pair! old pair was stolen! :(, 10:14:51 12/14/14 Sun

• FREE PRIORITY MAIL SHIPPING -- Irish Dance Stocking, 09:11:38 12/14/14 Sun
    Last chance to order your Irish Dance Christmas stocking. We are offering free priority shipping. To get the free shipping, please email us at irishdancestocking@gmail.com instead of ordering from the site! and we will send you a paypal invoice.

*******************************************************************************

Order a keepsake Ghillie Christmas Stocking for the special dancer in your life.

They are approximately 20" long by 7" wide at the top.
    Fully lined, personalized with your dancers name, and embellished with a red satin bow, silver jingle bell, and Swarovski crystals.

If you are a school that is interested in running a fundraiser, please email us directly at irishdancestocking@gmail.com

https://sites.google.com/site/irishdancestockings/
    (If link does not open, copy and paste to your browser)

• Is there a point of contact for items lost at the SRO? -- Me, 15:55:00 12/13/14 Sat

Replies:
  • Worlds Qualifier? What are the chances of recalling at the Worlds?DD is an young OC, but doesn't consistantly win compsTrying to justify the cost and possible disappointment of a trip to dance solos in Montreal. -- Thanks in advance for your positive comments!, 09:41:10 12/13/14 Sat

Replies:
  • What kind of things do dancers do to improve dancing outside of dance class? Need some pointers for my dd moving into preliminary. Help knowledgeable dancers and parents!!! -- Thank you for your guidance, 06:08:26 12/13/14 Sat

Replies:
    Archives: 1234 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a new public message:
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.