VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

Irish Dance Message Board - Southern Region
Welcome to the Irish Dance Message Board for the Southern Region. This board will be moderated to maintain a friendly, fun and supportive forum - in true Southern Region style! If you read any message that you deem inappropriate please email me @ srmessageboard@yahoo.com and I will remove it at your request.....Thanks...Have fun and enjoy!

• Check if senior dancer in school can help -- Mine does younger dancers makeup, 19:45:19 10/30/14 Thu

[ Post a Reply to this Message ][ Edit | View ]

• New dress for sale girls 8- please go to FB for details https://www.facebook.com/TheVelvetCastle.. -- thanks!, 12:30:56 10/30/14 Thu

• http://culkinschool.com/feisculkin/schedule/ -- Good Luck, 03:56:24 10/30/14 Thu

Replies:
  • Would AI podium dancers from this week be wearing new style trends for '15? Is that a good place to look at pics of what's to come? Who starts a new trend, podium placers at Worlds? -- Want to get some idea for '15., 19:41:13 10/29/14 Wed

• SRO -- DD dances first event, 8 am, Friday morning. I need help with make up (I will not gave a steady hand by 8 am). How early & whom might be able to do makeup that I'm willing to pay? Is 7 am feasible? Will spots be open? Vendor suggestions? -- SR mom of U13, 19:34:11 10/29/14 Wed

Replies:
  • Any chance of the Culkin schedule tonight? -- nn, 14:10:30 10/29/14 Wed

• At ROI feis, my dd was scheduled to have 10 dancers in her pw reel. When it came time to dance, there were only 3 people in her comp. We're used to 1 or 2 no shows but 7 dancers just not showing up seems crazy. not complaining just seems like something that wouldn't normally happen. -- Overall great feis !!, 14:09:34 10/29/14 Wed
    dd also a little disappointed that her 1st didn't count because there weren't 5 people in her comp ://

• Congratulations to Simone Loysen of Broesler School placing 4th at All Irelands!!!! So happy to hear you placed so well. -- Hugs from us - M&M, 13:04:55 10/29/14 Wed

• The Glam Stand -- GlamStand, 10:48:55 10/29/14 Wed
    Introducing the newest service for dancers of all levels and ages! The Glam Stand provides the most up-to-date wig and makeup applications to achieve that stunning, on stage look. With both a licensed cosmetologist and a TCRG on your side, you’re sure to look the part of a champion.

As part of our debut offer, The Glam Stand will be offering introductory prices at Feis Culkin on Sunday, November 2nd, featuring $5 off any service.

We are currently taking appointments on www.styleseat.com/glamstand or via email. Walk-ins will be accommodated on a first come, first serve basis. We encourage you to stop by our stand at Feis Culkin to learn about all of our exciting promotions.

Send us an email at GlamStandGirls@gmail.com with any questions or inquiries!

Make sure to follow us
    Instagram: @glamstand
    Tumblr: glamstand.tumblr.com

Replies:

• Who was the Legacy dancer that won U12 OC at RNE? Efeis doesn't post names. -- DM, 06:00:33 10/29/14 Wed

Replies:
  • TWO DRESSES FOR SALE – PERFECT FOR NOVICE/PW – GAVINS AT GREAT PRICES! -- dd, 05:47:26 10/29/14 Wed
    Perfect for a slender U10/U11 Novice or Prizewinner Dancer - Only $400! Dress is a salmon/coral pink lightweight velvet bodice with a white skirt and bodice inset. The dress has hundreds of crystals. It is in very good condition. Please go to https://salmonpinkgavinforsale.shutterfly.com for pictures, measurements and detailed information.

Perfect for a slender U12/U13 Prizewinner Dancer – Only $700! This dress has a split bodice – half white satin and half satin in a unique pattern that is a muted floral tie dye looking pattern that is multicolored, but leans toward the blue color family. The skirt is white. There are red embroidered flowers and hundreds of crystals. This dress is very pretty and very feminine. All solo dresses are unique, but this one is really one of a kind with its distinctive fabric. The dress is in very good condition. Please go to https://floraltiedyeandwhitegavin.shutterfly.com for pictures, measurements and detailed information.

Thanks for looking!

• Barely used Emerald Key Tori Wig- Brown/black shades- GOOD condition! -- Genevieve, 00:54:57 10/29/14 Wed
    Barely used Emerald Key Tori Wig Sold by Emerald Key for $109, I am selling it for $65 OBO. Wig has only been worn 3 times!

This is the link for more info from the original vendor
    http://www.emeraldkeyonline.com/product_p/tw-%20brown.htm
    Current photos of this wig are at
    https://plus.google.com/100474889140890791605/posts/izqGXsQe8AB

I believe it color 4 or 4.2 in the dropdown options on the webpages picture of the wig.

Payment will be done thru PayPal or Chase QuickPay. Buyer pays shipping- wig with shipping weighs app. 1 lb 4 oz.and it will be shipped from Southern California. Contact me for more exact shipping estimates.

• Rosen Centre Hotel - available room for Oireachtas -- Rena Gatrell, 18:00:31 10/28/14 Tue
    Available room at special group rate of $129/night. Arriving Friday, Dec 5th - Sunday, Dec 7th...however, the dates can be changed if necessary. My daughter has injured her hip, so we won't be coming this year. :( Leslie at Rosen Centre will assist with the reservation exchange. Please email or call me at 757-348-2543. Thank you!

• DC area schools -- WR mom, 14:15:10 10/28/14 Tue
    Looking at a possible move to Northern VA/ DC area from California for husband's work. DD is new to prelim and we don't know much about dance schools in other regions. We will of course talk with her current TC but would like to have some schools to look into to start our search. A quick look on google brought up Boyle, O'Neill James, and Maple, and I was wondering if there were any others in the area that you would recommend looking at. Thanks so much.

Replies:

• Custom made dresses -- FEISMOM, 17:39:45 10/27/14 Mon
    I have contemplated the idea of a custom made dress for over a year now. Unfortunately, I have seen poorly made dresses by Gavin and Kirations to name a few. Why do these top dressmakers not stand behind their work and fix the dress?Especially when measurements were obtained by the dressmaker themselves and thousands of dollars have been spent on the dress and expensive shipping. I know this is not always the case, but why don't they respond to these families emails, phone calls and requests to fix what is wrong? You have girls who are more excited about getting their custom Gavin then going to prom, only to be let down. SHAME ON THOSE MILLION DOLLAR DRESSMAKERS WHO TARNISH THE HOPES AND DREAMS OF THESE HARDWORKING AND DEDICATED DANCERS.

Replies:

• Working at my day job today when I get a call... -- Celtic Shoes, 15:22:14 10/27/14 Mon
    From a young woman who represents America's Got Talent. She asks if I know any Irish dancers in the southern region. Sensing a loaded question, I ask why do you ask?

The reason is they are holding auditions in Nashville on November 5 at the Music City Convention Center and are interested in drawing Irish dancers. Interested parties should pre-register to reserve a spot as soon as possible.

Told them I would pass along the info.

Replies:

• Any u15 or u16 SR dancers at AI today? Any recall news? -- thanks!, 10:47:50 10/27/14 Mon

• Has anyone been told that they have booked MORE than the number of rooms that they requested for the O Hotel? I wanted 1 room and was just told that I booked 3 rooms. I've been doing this for a long time and I"ve never "accidentally" booked 2 extra hotel rooms! -- ???, 09:29:30 10/27/14 Mon

• Elevation Dress for sale at the Culkin Feis - GREAT first solo dress! -- Chris, 08:18:40 10/27/14 Mon
    Elevation dress for sale, will be at the Culkin Feis (and the Coyle Feis if not sold beforehand). Two piece, full dress with jacket, cape, kickpants, headband and red flowers for hair. Asking $450. Wonderful condition. This is perfect for a first solo dress! Non-smoking home, always kept flat and in dress bag when stored. Any questions, please email me directly.

Measurements:
    Neck to edge of dress: 26”
    Shoulder seam to edge of sleeve: 21”
    Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 12”
    Waist: 25”
    Middle edge of jacket to bottom of skirt” 11 ½”
    Skirt length from dropped waist : 13 ½”

http://s36.photobucket.com/user/crowfam94/library/

• Hotel room at Oireachtas available, original reservation in Friday - Monday. Email if interested in using this reservation that we no longer need! -- Thank you!, 04:33:37 10/27/14 Mon

• Used Poodle Socks Donations Needed -- Can You Help ?, 18:03:13 10/26/14 Sun

"...fundraiser for Oireachtas, using old poodle socks. The craft has been such a hit, and I've run out of socks! If anyone has old poodle socks laying around they would like to donate, that would be great! I would love to send you one of our crafts in return!" -- Thankful 10/24/14 Fri

Go here for email contact link:
    http://www.voy.com/33031/175185.html#post

Replies:

• You trashed the Scariff feis, then you moved onto the ROI feis and now RNE. Please complainers, STAY HOME or be mature and e-mail the feis commitees with your concerns and non stop complaints. -- It never stops!, 15:07:37 10/26/14 Sun

Replies:
  • Can someone tell me what company will be doing tanning at the SRO this year so I can contact them for an appt? Thank you! -- Much appreciated, 14:10:11 10/26/14 Sun

Replies:
  • I thought double age groups were to be split by even age groups for a Saturday set & odd years for a Sunday. -- ?, 13:35:12 10/26/14 Sun

• Have a room for O's that we no longer need. Is anyone interested? -- SR Mom, 13:12:32 10/26/14 Sun
    We are currently checking in on Wednesday and checking out the following Tuesday, but we can change the reservation to the days you need.

Replies:

• Rince Na h'Eireann Charlotte Feis Results posted and emailed -- RNE Charlotte Feis Committee, 18:39:08 10/25/14 Sat
    Results from the 2014 Rince Na h'Eireann Charlotte Feis (In Honor of Brian Quinlivan) have been posted to eFeis.com and emailed to dancers.

Thanks to everyone who attended and supported our feis! We hope to see you again next year!

Replies:

• suggestions needed on where to go to escape reality - Florida Gulf Coast -- also wondering how is the weather for next w/e ?? thanks, 18:13:53 10/25/14 Sat

Replies:
  • Cara K 6th! -- Congrats!, 11:37:36 10/25/14 Sat

• Maggie D 5th at All Irelands! -- Congrats!, 11:18:43 10/25/14 Sat

• DD will be changing wig color. She is an ash blonde and will be wearing a dark brown wig. Anyone have experience spraying the front of the hair darker than the natural color? We've sprayed platinum before, but never a dark color. Worried about perspiration and the dark color dripping onto makeup, dress, etc. Also, how did you match the wig color to the spray color? -- TIA for answering these crazy dance questions!!!, 19:04:20 10/24/14 Fri

• Rince Na h'Eireann Charlotte Feis will have a monitored dress room tomorrow. Please swing by and see if you can pick up a bargain or drop off your dress. It is $5 per dress to hang. -- Looking forward to seeing everyone, 12:29:22 10/24/14 Fri
    Also on the PA table we will have two raffles - one is a 50/50 and the other is a lottery tree. We have a tree covered in over $100 of lottery tickets. One of them could be the big one. Stop by and buy a ticket.

• Rosen Centre Hotel Room Available Dec 4-7 -- Heather, 09:31:28 10/24/14 Fri
    Due to an injury I have a room that I can't use at the Rosen Centre. Check in Thursday, Dec. 4 and Check out Sunday, Dec. 7. I called the hotel and they will allow me to transfer the room to another person. It is a deluxe double room at $129/night plus taxes. Please let me know if anyone is interested.

Replies:

• Uber drivers? -- Diane, 11:37:28 10/23/14 Thu
    I will be in Orlando in January. Might need a taxi for one or two trips. I would rather give my money to another ID family .email me if interested

• Any Southerners going to AI? -- wish I could go, 10:23:56 10/23/14 Thu

Replies:
  • Ghillie Christmas stocking -- Mary and Danielle, 20:04:23 10/22/14 Wed

Order a keepsake Ghillie Christmas Stocking for the special dancer in your life.

They are approximately 20" long by 7" wide at the top.
    Fully lined, personalized with your dancers name, and embellished with a red satin bow, silver jingle bell, and Swarovski crystals.

If you are a school that is interested in running a fundraiser, please email us directly at irishdancestocking@gmail.com

https://sites.google.com/site/irishdancestockings/
    (If link does not open, copy and paste to your browser)

• I think it was great that they allowed dancers to enter on the day. I know my daughter for one was super excited that a judge who was in Riverdance was judging her set dance. -- Sheila, 06:46:46 10/22/14 Wed
    ROI

• ROI Feis question -- Committee allowed girls to sign up on Feis day for a non traditional set (prelims) which I thought was great. Yet I heard a couple moms and dancers loudly complaining about it in the auditorium before the sets started. It was very obnoxious how loud the complainers were. Embarrassing, too, for the dancers. Is there a set rule that you can sign up on day-of? Or is it up to each Feis how they handle late sign ups for Sets? -- Good for ROI. Was nice to have some flexibility (INSIDE), 12:46:17 10/21/14 Tue
    Interested in what people know of this and if it is in fact a rule? If not, then when are the complainer moms going to shut up in public or take it to the feis committee and complain privately? Makes me sad how often parents can ruin the atmosphere and enjoyment for others. Makes me angry too. It ain't fair to the kids!!!!

Replies:

• For the RNE feis - I just noticed on the schedule there is 159A and 159 B. Does any clever soul know who is in which split? -- We have a long drive :-), 19:31:33 10/20/14 Mon

Replies:
  • Feis Culkin --- Does anybody what shoe vendor will be there? -- Sue, 06:40:29 10/20/14 Mon

Replies:
  • We probably will not be needing our hotel room for the Oireachtas. How does transferring the room work when you've already paid for the first night? Anyone with experience on that? -- Thank you!, 06:08:08 10/20/14 Mon

Replies:
  • ROI PC u13 results from yesterday? -- Tnx, 11:26:55 10/19/14 Sun

Replies:
  • ROI results posted anywhere? -- Thanks., 15:49:03 10/18/14 Sat

Replies:
  • ROI! Loved the venue but what happened today with the timing of the events, the awards timing, stopping and going, the judge eating candy corn?? -- Feelin' all flustered!! Sad :-(, 15:39:03 10/18/14 Sat

Replies:
  • Practice -- Please, 12:58:06 10/18/14 Sat
    Anyone go to towson university that would like to practice with someone? I'm looking for a practice buddy. :)

• SRO general schedule? -- new to this, 11:23:02 10/18/14 Sat
    Can some experienced person tell me if there is a standard timeline for each day or, if it changes each year, when approximately it is released? We having family in another part of FL coming to watch traditional set and would like to give them an estimate for planning travel.

Replies:

• Any results from feis yet? -- hopeful, 10:08:26 10/18/14 Sat

Replies:
  • Important message: World 2014 photos on FeisPix website -- FeisPix, 09:35:01 10/18/14 Sat
    FeisPix is currently designing a modern up to date website to come online in January 2015. The new site will have an extended range of photo accessories including laser engraved photos on crystal, both 2D and 3D. Our aim is to offer the highest quality crystal pix at the most competitive prices. We invite you to 'compare the market' and let us know if it is cheaper elsewhere. But we will not compromise on quality.

Regrettably we will not be able to migrate the current batches of feiseanna and Oireachtais photos to our new site. That will mean, for instance, that the photos from major events in 2014 will no longer be available for viewing on our new website in 2015. If you intend to download photos from any of our events in 2014, including the World Championships in London, you are advised to do so before end 2014. The site will be starting with a clean slate of new events from January 2015. Please communicate this info to all your friends. The message will also be posted on Voy Irish dance message boards around the world.

• ROI start time tomorrow morning?? Not listed on syllabus. -- Sat. start time pls! Tnx, 17:14:23 10/17/14 Fri

Replies:
  • This vest will be at RNE Feis. Motivated to sell! -- JL, 13:11:18 10/17/14 Fri
    http://www.feisdresses.com/ads/solo-vest-worn-by-world-qualifier/

• This dress will be at ROI: -- Dress length 32 inches, for slim youth., 20:04:29 10/16/14 Thu
    http://www.dance-again.com/X1548.html

Replies:

• Gorgeous yellow Doire Designs dress for sale. Will be at RNE Feis. Price negotiable too. -- Motivated seller, 06:30:22 10/16/14 Thu
    Just in time for oireachtas.

Replies:

• Feis -- Irish Dancing, 04:39:09 10/16/14 Thu

The North Dublin City Championship Dublin Ireland Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th November 2014 Syllabus on C.L.R.G web site

• Where do I find the competitor list for ROI? -- --, 03:25:27 10/16/14 Thu

Replies:
  • Dress Room at ROI? -- J, 11:47:50 10/15/14 Wed
    Dress room at ROI?

Replies:

• In search of a small Helen Doyle Dress bag.Or, a US vendor for the company. No color preference. Email inside! -- sro mom, 10:01:22 10/15/14 Wed
    swimnkidz@aol.com

Replies:

• Zuca bag for sale -- Maria, 07:21:23 10/15/14 Wed
    Retired Dancer selling Zuca--pink frame with zebra bag. Includes 2 zuca pouches/bags normally sold separately. Great shape. Asking $60. Can arrange to be at upcoming feisanna. Located in No. Va.

Replies:

• ROI Adjudicators listed anywhere? -- Can't find them., 07:00:29 10/15/14 Wed

Replies:
  • TWO GAVIN DRESSES FOR SALE -- dd, 06:33:30 10/15/14 Wed
    Perfect for a slender U10/U11 Novice or Prizewinner Dancer - Only $400! Dress is a salmon/coral pink lightweight velvet bodice with a white skirt and bodice inset. The dress has hundreds of crystals. It is in very good condition. Please go to https://salmonpinkgavinforsale.shutterfly.com for pictures, measurements and detailed information.

Perfect for a slender U12/U13 Prizewinner Dancer – Only $700! This dress has a split bodice – half white satin and half a unique pattern that is a muted floral tie dye looking pattern that is multicolored, but leans toward the blue color family. The skirt is white. There are red embroidered flowers and hundreds of crystals. This dress is very pretty and very feminine. All solo dresses are unique, but this one is really one of a kind with its distinctive fabric. The dress is in very good condition. Please go to https://floraltiedyeandwhitegavin.shutterfly.com for pictures, measurements and detailed information.

Thanks for looking!

• ROI Prelim U13 estimate & U13 non trad set estimate? Any help appreciated. -- Thanks., 06:02:13 10/15/14 Wed

Replies:
  • Shoe Vendor at ROI? -- Dance mom, 20:23:54 10/14/14 Tue
    Saw that Fab RInce will be at ROI. Can't seem to find a website for them. Wondering what brand they sell.

Replies:

• Any idea when ROI schedule will be available? Not trying to be pushy or anything my dd is just super excited for this weekend and wants to know when she will be dancing! -- love roi and can't wait for this feis :D, 14:42:04 10/14/14 Tue

Replies:
  • Has anyone else received multiple emails from the Rosen Centre concerning the 1 night deposit? I have called several times and my card has been charged, but they keep sending emails saying -- they still need my card info???, 09:05:00 10/14/14 Tue

Replies:
  • Does the ROI ever post a competitor list? It's a big feis, my dancers want to know what they're up against. Thanks. -- fg, 19:12:34 10/11/14 Sat

Replies:
  • Don't miss out -- Mary and Danielle, 08:15:09 10/10/14 Fri

Order a keepsake Ghillie Christmas Stocking for the special dancer in your life.

They are approximately 20" long by 7" wide at the top.
    Fully lined, personalized with your dancers name, and embellished with a red satin bow, silver jingle bell, and Swarovski crystals.

If you are a school that is interested in running a fundraiser, please email us directly at irishdancestocking@gmail.com

https://sites.google.com/site/irishdancestockings/
    (If link does not open, copy and paste to your browser)

• Well, dress was done for the second time. Bodice is lovely, but skirt is a disaster. If it was a wig, it would be a quadruple Fluffy Bunny. Does anyone have recommendations for skirt replacement in the Southern region? Appreciate the help! -- SDM, 05:29:29 10/10/14 Fri

Replies:
  • Feis ATL/Hotlanta Feis. Any news on -- judges, 13:50:05 10/08/14 Wed

Replies:
  • Jubliee Dance Tiles for sale! Located in Central Maryland, 12 2x2 tiles, 6 dark blue, 6 bright blue. Originally paid $40/tile, asking $200 for the lot or best offer. -- ~Kris, 18:48:18 10/07/14 Tue

Replies:
  • ISO Zuca bag. Anyone selling? -- thanks., 13:40:37 10/07/14 Tue

Replies:
  • help with hair at SRO -- HelpforDad, 06:16:12 10/07/14 Tue
    Hi - so it turns out that my husband is flying solo at SRO this year. This will largely be wonderful for both father and daughter with the exception of getting the wig on. I had heard that there were folks you could sign up with to have them do hair - does anyone know about this? And could you point us in the right direction? Also - we are counting on the no-makeup rule for U10 and under. That still applies for the majors right? Thanks!

Replies:

• Shoe vendors for Culkin Feis? Anyone know the answer? -- M, 06:51:18 10/06/14 Mon

Replies:
    Archives: 1234 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a new public message:
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.