VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
FUND FREE MAMMOGRAMS
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

Irish Dance Message Board - Southern Region
Welcome to the Irish Dance Message Board for the Southern Region. This board will be moderated to maintain a friendly, fun and supportive forum - in true Southern Region style! If you read any message that you deem inappropriate please email me @ srmessageboard@yahoo.com and I will remove it at your request.....Thanks...Have fun and enjoy!

• Uber drivers? -- Diane, 11:37:28 10/23/14 Thu
    I will be in Orlando in January. Might need a taxi for one or two trips. I would rather give my money to another ID family .email me if interested

[ Post a Reply to this Message ][ Edit | View ]

• Any Southerners going to AI? -- wish I could go, 10:23:56 10/23/14 Thu

Replies:
  • Ghillie Christmas stocking -- Mary and Danielle, 20:04:23 10/22/14 Wed

Order a keepsake Ghillie Christmas Stocking for the special dancer in your life.

They are approximately 20" long by 7" wide at the top.
    Fully lined, personalized with your dancers name, and embellished with a red satin bow, silver jingle bell, and Swarovski crystals.

If you are a school that is interested in running a fundraiser, please email us directly at irishdancestocking@gmail.com

https://sites.google.com/site/irishdancestockings/
    (If link does not open, copy and paste to your browser)

• I think it was great that they allowed dancers to enter on the day. I know my daughter for one was super excited that a judge who was in Riverdance was judging her set dance. -- Sheila, 06:46:46 10/22/14 Wed
    ROI

• ROI Feis question -- Committee allowed girls to sign up on Feis day for a non traditional set (prelims) which I thought was great. Yet I heard a couple moms and dancers loudly complaining about it in the auditorium before the sets started. It was very obnoxious how loud the complainers were. Embarrassing, too, for the dancers. Is there a set rule that you can sign up on day-of? Or is it up to each Feis how they handle late sign ups for Sets? -- Good for ROI. Was nice to have some flexibility (INSIDE), 12:46:17 10/21/14 Tue
    Interested in what people know of this and if it is in fact a rule? If not, then when are the complainer moms going to shut up in public or take it to the feis committee and complain privately? Makes me sad how often parents can ruin the atmosphere and enjoyment for others. Makes me angry too. It ain't fair to the kids!!!!

Replies:

• For the RNE feis - I just noticed on the schedule there is 159A and 159 B. Does any clever soul know who is in which split? -- We have a long drive :-), 19:31:33 10/20/14 Mon

Replies:
  • Feis Culkin --- Does anybody what shoe vendor will be there? -- Sue, 06:40:29 10/20/14 Mon

Replies:
  • We probably will not be needing our hotel room for the Oireachtas. How does transferring the room work when you've already paid for the first night? Anyone with experience on that? -- Thank you!, 06:08:08 10/20/14 Mon

Replies:
  • ROI PC u13 results from yesterday? -- Tnx, 11:26:55 10/19/14 Sun

Replies:
  • ROI results posted anywhere? -- Thanks., 15:49:03 10/18/14 Sat

Replies:
  • ROI! Loved the venue but what happened today with the timing of the events, the awards timing, stopping and going, the judge eating candy corn?? -- Feelin' all flustered!! Sad :-(, 15:39:03 10/18/14 Sat

Replies:
  • Practice -- Please, 12:58:06 10/18/14 Sat
    Anyone go to towson university that would like to practice with someone? I'm looking for a practice buddy. :)

• SRO general schedule? -- new to this, 11:23:02 10/18/14 Sat
    Can some experienced person tell me if there is a standard timeline for each day or, if it changes each year, when approximately it is released? We having family in another part of FL coming to watch traditional set and would like to give them an estimate for planning travel.

Replies:

• Any results from feis yet? -- hopeful, 10:08:26 10/18/14 Sat

Replies:
  • Important message: World 2014 photos on FeisPix website -- FeisPix, 09:35:01 10/18/14 Sat
    FeisPix is currently designing a modern up to date website to come online in January 2015. The new site will have an extended range of photo accessories including laser engraved photos on crystal, both 2D and 3D. Our aim is to offer the highest quality crystal pix at the most competitive prices. We invite you to 'compare the market' and let us know if it is cheaper elsewhere. But we will not compromise on quality.

Regrettably we will not be able to migrate the current batches of feiseanna and Oireachtais photos to our new site. That will mean, for instance, that the photos from major events in 2014 will no longer be available for viewing on our new website in 2015. If you intend to download photos from any of our events in 2014, including the World Championships in London, you are advised to do so before end 2014. The site will be starting with a clean slate of new events from January 2015. Please communicate this info to all your friends. The message will also be posted on Voy Irish dance message boards around the world.

• ROI start time tomorrow morning?? Not listed on syllabus. -- Sat. start time pls! Tnx, 17:14:23 10/17/14 Fri

Replies:
  • This vest will be at RNE Feis. Motivated to sell! -- JL, 13:11:18 10/17/14 Fri
    http://www.feisdresses.com/ads/solo-vest-worn-by-world-qualifier/

• This dress will be at ROI: -- Dress length 32 inches, for slim youth., 20:04:29 10/16/14 Thu
    http://www.dance-again.com/X1548.html

Replies:

• Gorgeous yellow Doire Designs dress for sale. Will be at RNE Feis. Price negotiable too. -- Motivated seller, 06:30:22 10/16/14 Thu
    Just in time for oireachtas.

Replies:

• Feis -- Irish Dancing, 04:39:09 10/16/14 Thu

The North Dublin City Championship Dublin Ireland Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th November 2014 Syllabus on C.L.R.G web site

• Where do I find the competitor list for ROI? -- --, 03:25:27 10/16/14 Thu

Replies:
  • Dress Room at ROI? -- J, 11:47:50 10/15/14 Wed
    Dress room at ROI?

Replies:

• In search of a small Helen Doyle Dress bag.Or, a US vendor for the company. No color preference. Email inside! -- sro mom, 10:01:22 10/15/14 Wed
    swimnkidz@aol.com

Replies:

• Zuca bag for sale -- Maria, 07:21:23 10/15/14 Wed
    Retired Dancer selling Zuca--pink frame with zebra bag. Includes 2 zuca pouches/bags normally sold separately. Great shape. Asking $60. Can arrange to be at upcoming feisanna. Located in No. Va.

Replies:

• ROI Adjudicators listed anywhere? -- Can't find them., 07:00:29 10/15/14 Wed

Replies:
  • TWO GAVIN DRESSES FOR SALE -- dd, 06:33:30 10/15/14 Wed
    Perfect for a slender U10/U11 Novice or Prizewinner Dancer - Only $400! Dress is a salmon/coral pink lightweight velvet bodice with a white skirt and bodice inset. The dress has hundreds of crystals. It is in very good condition. Please go to https://salmonpinkgavinforsale.shutterfly.com for pictures, measurements and detailed information.

Perfect for a slender U12/U13 Prizewinner Dancer – Only $700! This dress has a split bodice – half white satin and half a unique pattern that is a muted floral tie dye looking pattern that is multicolored, but leans toward the blue color family. The skirt is white. There are red embroidered flowers and hundreds of crystals. This dress is very pretty and very feminine. All solo dresses are unique, but this one is really one of a kind with its distinctive fabric. The dress is in very good condition. Please go to https://floraltiedyeandwhitegavin.shutterfly.com for pictures, measurements and detailed information.

Thanks for looking!

• ROI Prelim U13 estimate & U13 non trad set estimate? Any help appreciated. -- Thanks., 06:02:13 10/15/14 Wed

Replies:
  • Shoe Vendor at ROI? -- Dance mom, 20:23:54 10/14/14 Tue
    Saw that Fab RInce will be at ROI. Can't seem to find a website for them. Wondering what brand they sell.

Replies:

• Any idea when ROI schedule will be available? Not trying to be pushy or anything my dd is just super excited for this weekend and wants to know when she will be dancing! -- love roi and can't wait for this feis :D, 14:42:04 10/14/14 Tue

Replies:
  • Has anyone else received multiple emails from the Rosen Centre concerning the 1 night deposit? I have called several times and my card has been charged, but they keep sending emails saying -- they still need my card info???, 09:05:00 10/14/14 Tue

Replies:
  • Does the ROI ever post a competitor list? It's a big feis, my dancers want to know what they're up against. Thanks. -- fg, 19:12:34 10/11/14 Sat

Replies:
  • Don't miss out -- Mary and Danielle, 08:15:09 10/10/14 Fri

Order a keepsake Ghillie Christmas Stocking for the special dancer in your life.

They are approximately 20" long by 7" wide at the top.
    Fully lined, personalized with your dancers name, and embellished with a red satin bow, silver jingle bell, and Swarovski crystals.

If you are a school that is interested in running a fundraiser, please email us directly at irishdancestocking@gmail.com

https://sites.google.com/site/irishdancestockings/
    (If link does not open, copy and paste to your browser)

• Well, dress was done for the second time. Bodice is lovely, but skirt is a disaster. If it was a wig, it would be a quadruple Fluffy Bunny. Does anyone have recommendations for skirt replacement in the Southern region? Appreciate the help! -- SDM, 05:29:29 10/10/14 Fri

Replies:
  • Dress for Sale -- CH, 12:37:04 10/09/14 Thu
    Thanks for looking :)

http://www.feisdresses.com/ads/10-month-old-hot-pink-black-and-white-dress/

• A reminder that Rince Na h'Eireann Charlotte Feis will close on Saturday October 11th. -- RNE Feis Committee, 11:47:52 10/09/14 Thu
    If you have any changes to be made (including if your child has moved up a level) they must be made by 11th as no changes will be made on the day of the competition. If you do need to make changes please contact micdawe at aol dot com

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you in the Queen City.

• Feis ATL/Hotlanta Feis. Any news on -- judges, 13:50:05 10/08/14 Wed

Replies:
  • FOR SALE: Fays Ultra Flexi - Millenium Tips and Hi-Density Heels Size 4.5 BRAND NEW NEVER WORN $110 plus shipping OBO -- Sara Barton, 13:27:54 10/08/14 Wed

• Greensboro feis, very nice all the way around -- thanks for holding it!, 09:16:22 10/08/14 Wed
    appreciative

• Two brand new dress available for approximately 8/10 y.o. -- ., 07:31:27 10/08/14 Wed
    http://www.dance.net/topic/10202565/1/Dresses-Costumes/BRAND-NEW-Would-fit-8-10-y-o-1-350-OBO.html&replies=0

http://www.dance.net/topic/10201648/1/Dresses-Costumes/BRAND-NEW-Would-fit-8-10-y-o-1-175.html&replies=1

Thanks for looking.

• Jubliee Dance Tiles for sale! Located in Central Maryland, 12 2x2 tiles, 6 dark blue, 6 bright blue. Originally paid $40/tile, asking $200 for the lot or best offer. -- ~Kris, 18:48:18 10/07/14 Tue

Replies:
  • ISO Zuca bag. Anyone selling? -- thanks., 13:40:37 10/07/14 Tue

Replies:
  • Beautiful Dress at Greensboro Feis -- Dancemom, 07:05:09 10/07/14 Tue
    Does anyone know the designer of the beautiful green velvet dress with white embroidery that was worn by a U13 prizewinner dancer at the Greensboro Feis? I think she was a Walsh Kelley dancer. It was a modern 3-panel style.

Replies:

• help with hair at SRO -- HelpforDad, 06:16:12 10/07/14 Tue
    Hi - so it turns out that my husband is flying solo at SRO this year. This will largely be wonderful for both father and daughter with the exception of getting the wig on. I had heard that there were folks you could sign up with to have them do hair - does anyone know about this? And could you point us in the right direction? Also - we are counting on the no-makeup rule for U10 and under. That still applies for the majors right? Thanks!

Replies:

• Beautiful Black & Silver Shauna Shiels Dress for sale - Age 15+ -- Katie Luck, 21:29:02 10/06/14 Mon
    http://www.katieluck.com/dress-for-sale.html

• Greensboro City Feis - we were surprised that the U16s went 3 at a time for hard shoe. Is this normal for a Walsh Kelley feis? -- For future reference...thanks!, 18:37:51 10/06/14 Mon

Replies:
  • Greensboro Comments -- RC, 10:02:57 10/06/14 Mon
    I see that the results are up on eFeis for the Greensboro feis. Anyone receive comments yet? Just want to make sure I'm not missing something. :)

Replies:

• Auditions for Irish Dancers -- Paul Russell (Go for it), 07:10:35 10/06/14 Mon
    Celtic Fyre at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, Virginia
    Applicants must be available to begin rehearsals by March 1, 2015.
    Applicants from Outside the U. S. Must Apply by October 14, 2014

Superior Skilled Irish Dancers

• Must be of Open Championship level preferably World Qualifier or equivalent standard.
    • Previous show experience and/or a back-ground in performing arts are highly sought.
    • Please provide a full length photo and headshot.
    • Must be at least 18 years of age.

Resume Information:

• Name, address, phone and email address.
    • Height
    • Schools attended including Irish dance schools.
    • Summary of most notable competition achievements.
    • List of show experience.
    • Availability: beginning March 1 throughout 2015.

Video Audition Requirements:

• Hard shoe - Jig and/or Hornpipe - at least 32 bars (Two steps, right and left). No more than 48 bars required.
    • Soft shoe - Reel for boys & Reel and/or Slip Jig for girls 32 bars is adequate.
    • A short a cappella piece and/or a Treble Reel - Two steps,right and left.
    • If applicable, please include a clip of your professional Irish dance show performances.
    • We must be able to see the full body of the dancers in the recording at all times.
    • DVD’s and photos will not be returned.

Step1. Email us at:
    BGWauditions@buschgardens.com with resume information, headshot, and link to your on line audition.
    (such as YouTube) Or send resume, headshot and DVD to:
    Entertainment Casting Director
    Busch Gardens Williamsburg
    One Busch Gardens Blvd.
    Williamsburg, VA 23187

Step2. Fill out the online application at our audition website address below.
    Be sure to fill out the form completely

www.TalentSearchBGW.com

Equal Opportunity Employer - Safe and Drug Free Workplace

• Shoe vendors for Culkin Feis? Anyone know the answer? -- M, 06:51:18 10/06/14 Mon

Replies:
  • Greensboro Feis PC U13 listed plus others anywhere? -- Thanks., 17:30:44 10/05/14 Sun

Replies:
  • any u16 Open results from Greensboro -- ??, 14:43:32 10/05/14 Sun

Replies:
  • Coyle Feis Update: We reached our cap over a week ago and entries are closed. If you plan to attend please pay your balance by tomorrow to avoid being deleted. We have a large waitlist, so we will fill those spots once entries are deleted for non-payment. -- Feis Chair, 10:11:56 10/04/14 Sat

Replies:
  • When transferring, do you and/or your dancer actually visit a class at the new school prior to deciding on a transfer? How does that work? -- ?, 04:51:31 10/04/14 Sat

Replies:
  • Is there a group code for Charlotte Feis on 24th -- regular rates are a bit high, 04:07:55 10/04/14 Sat

Replies:
  • Taken from the MidAmerica voy board: A Miracle for Aggie: please open for details -- MF, 17:55:44 10/03/14 Fri
    A Miracle for Aggie: please open for details

Aggie's daughter has been dancing for O'Hare Michigan for over 6 years and competes at prelim now. Many have probably met Aggie and Katherine Grace at feiseanna and know how generous Aggie is in supporting all the dancers to grow and improve. Now Aggie needs our generosity: financial and spiritual. Please say a prayer for her as you copy and paste this url below in your address bar so you can see her story - and be as generous as you can with prayers and financial help. (I am posting this with Aggie's blessing)

Many of our O'Hare families are posting this on our facebook pages to increase the visibility - and support.

Thank you

http://www.gofundme.com/miracle-for-aggie

• Rince Na h'Eireann Charlotte Feis closes this weekend October 4th. Late fee after that. -- --, 17:56:42 10/02/14 Thu

Replies:
  • 2015 Feis schedule is posted. Memphis, Nashville and Suncoast are not listed. -- Maybe later, 17:19:41 10/02/14 Thu

Replies:
  • Having only been to competions for 3 years, here is my take....(love ZandB's reference) -- DM, 07:02:04 10/01/14 Wed
    It's an 80/20 rule. 80% of the time, we have not felt the 'sting' of cherry picked judges. Our dancers scored well right out of the gate, they had the advantage of being 'beginners' although they had already danced for a few years (but with another school that was not in this organization), they zoomed through to Novice. Even at Novice they scored well...placing at every feis. Now that they are in prizewinner, they are working harder for those placements. We have had one major sting that I thought would demoralize one of my dancers...not one single placement...now that I have watched dances for several years I can get a feel for placements and I was stunned. I learned later that the judges could be deemed as cherry picked. I didn't think this was possible...we never had a reason to question the placements but had heard grumblings from other more 'savvy' parents but just dismissed it.

My dancer knocked it up to, "Oh well, there is another feis." I was so stinking proud of her. But, in a region where you are lucky to go to 6 feis a year (geographically limited)..if one out of 6 do blatant cherry picking and maybe 2-3 of them do a marginal stacking of the deck...it becomes a concern. I recently have heard of dancers who attend zero feisanna and just go to majors to qualify (at those upper levels)... that is seeming more attractive.

We want to support our region's competitions, we have for 3 years, but when schools are using the feis to promote their own dancers with judges who work with their dancers in some regard (clinics, familial connections, etc.) it really makes us choose not to feis there, I would think more dancers (even from outside the region) would attend these competitions if they knew it was 'fair and balanced.'

If schools are going to all this effort to pad their own dancers' win column...(because other schools do it, just accept it) you will see the numbers competing drop...which I believe has happened across the southern region the past 3 years.

We live in a software solution society...it would be interesting to gather data and match placements to a school...imagine an adjudicator seeing their results after 2 years of rankings to see that they 'favor' or 'prefer' 3-4 schools' styles much heavier over another (whether intentional, preference, or other)...this data could then be recorded...reported and it might even help the adjudicator to recognize his/her own bias and help take steps to balance it out. In the least, being more informed has its benefits. A feis could then choose adjudicators with a varied style preference...but then again, I think the 80/20 rule is so prevalent in our world...I'm just getting wiser and can identify the 20% who do the cherry picking, and we'll just opt out. Thankful for the 80% that keep encouraging my daughter in her goals.

Replies:

• An idea of those who think ID has gone to the dark side ... I think the Feis Commission should select the judges and what feises they are assigned. I understand as a feis organizer you are going to select judges that like YOUR dancers style .. but is that really fair? You have good dancers coming in from all regions. Just cant take all this negativity and lets make ID clean good fun. -- Dina, 03:20:40 10/01/14 Wed

Replies:
    Archives: 1234 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a new public message:
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.