VoyForums

Support VoyForums by visiting our sponsor, www.PainEase.com.

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

Irish Dance Message Board - Southern Region
Welcome to the Irish Dance Message Board for the Southern Region. This board will be moderated to maintain a friendly, fun and supportive forum - in true Southern Region style! If you read any message that you deem inappropriate please email me @ srmessageboard@yahoo.com and I will remove it at your request.....Thanks...Have fun and enjoy!

• Congrats to the SR's Gaby S. 10th in the world! -- srmom, 16:51:30 03/31/15 Tue

[ Post a Reply to this Message ][ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Wow! Six recalls for SR in u16! Saoirse, Emma Cate, Madison, Miya, Mariah, Clare -- Congratulations all!!, 14:10:41 03/31/15 Tue

Replies:
  • Thanks for your help -- MAR Mom, 12:49:39 03/31/15 Tue
    Hi Southern Region - my sister lives in Peachtree City and wants to start my niece dancing. I offered to help her find a school, but I'm in the Mid Atlantic so I don't know all the schools in the area. Is Kelly Porter good for beginners? Who else is in that area? I tried googling but figured it was better to come straight here instead! Thanks

PS - I know how nasty these posts can get - purely looking for info only!

Replies:

• Our first time going to the McGrath Feis and wondering if they run PC oldest to youngest or youngest to oldest? -- MW mom, 12:47:24 03/31/15 Tue

Replies:
  • Little Rock Feis, observations from attending last year.... -- SRmom, 09:35:25 03/31/15 Tue
    DD competed last year at Little Rock. It was our first time. Great venue, lots of space, comps ran quickly, results posted quickly. DD was U9 PW. Only her reel had 5 or more, so U9 TJ, SJ, and HP were merged with U11 so any 1sts would count. Which was fine because my U9 DD won 1st in a comp with several U11s! The #s for the merged U9/U11 comps were about 17. Wish we could attend this year, but a local feis is the same weekend. We had flown in last year and stayed with family in LR. I highly recommend Little Rock Feis!

• Dayton Area Feis -- Dayton Feis Committee, 08:23:35 03/31/15 Tue
    It's hard to believe, but the Dayton Area Feis is less than a month away! We have been busily finalizing the details for a fun-filled feis day and look forward to seeing everyone there!

We still have 40 openings with approximately 100 unpaid registrations that will be dropped as soon as we cap or registration closes on April 12. If you have registered, but not yet paid, please do so as soon as possible!

We will still be offering "Day-of" registrations on feis day. The fee for this convenience is $50.00 plus family fee and regular registration fees.

(For Prelim dancers needing one more first to qualify for Open Championships in time for the 2015 North American Irish Dance Championships, this is your last chance before the deadline!)

See everyone April 26th!

• Simone Loysen 4th at Worlds!! Has an SR girl ever placed that high? -- I know we've had a male champion, 20:04:21 03/30/15 Mon

Replies:
  • Does anyone know what the numbers are for U13 PW at the Little Rock Feis? -- Thanks!, 19:51:05 03/30/15 Mon

• It looks like Holy Angels Feis registration has opened. However, I can't figure out how to register on eFeis. Anyone else having issues? -- Champ Mom, 18:17:40 03/30/15 Mon

Replies:
  • Moving from Prelim to Open: Does anyone think our region should be on par with the Mid-Atlantic region requiring 3 first to move up instead of 2? Does anyone know why we only require two? -- Curious obvserver!, 12:48:39 03/30/15 Mon

Replies:
  • Where can I find ongoing results from Worlds? -- Good luck to all., 09:03:25 03/30/15 Mon

Replies:
  • Congrats to 2 Charlotte boys at Worlds: Nolan Menano 5th U11 and Aidan Waterman 13th U12! -- ., 08:57:22 03/30/15 Mon

Replies:
  • Could someone let me know counts for PW U11, in Little Rock? -- thinking about coming from out of town, 08:26:38 03/30/15 Mon
    Could someone me a bit about this feis? We have never been. Was supposed to go 3 yrs ago and kids grandfather got sick , so had to cancel trip!

• Congrats to Sean and Nolan from Lynn-O'Grady Quinaln-Connick on having both boys in the U11 top 5! -- SR mom of boys, 05:56:52 03/30/15 Mon

Replies:
  • Summerville, SC schools? -- Marie, 13:41:23 03/29/15 Sun
    Considering a move from he Midwest to Summerville,SC. What dance schools are nearby? Thank you!

Replies:

• Was looking at the Orlando feis results- what does the comps like "reel second chance" mean? Do placements count for moving on? -- never seen this type of comp before, 11:55:09 03/29/15 Sun

Replies:
  • The on-time entry deadline for the Little Rock Feis is this Friday, 4/3. Good luck and safe travels to any dancer or family traveling to Montreal for Worlds. -- The Committee, 04:52:22 03/29/15 Sun

• Feis Record Books available for sale -- website link is below, 00:35:25 03/29/15 Sun
    I've been selling these booklets in my region for over 10 years, but recently decided to expand the circulation by using an Etsy Shop.

School and Custom orders are available!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/FeisBooks

Thanks for looking.

• Twitter or FB page with photos of prelim & open awards? Can anyone post? -- SW, 13:29:04 03/28/15 Sat

Replies:
  • Shocked at the low #s at the Orlando Feis! -- Where are the dancers??, 12:12:58 03/28/15 Sat

Replies:
  • Is Orlando Feis posting results anywhere? -- ??, 08:40:29 03/28/15 Sat

Replies:
  • Room at Westin available through April 6 in Worlds block. -- Please leave email if interested., 14:54:57 03/27/15 Fri

• FYI, Are you traveling to Montreal for Worlds and use Verizon wireless? I just found out that Verizon has new discounted rates for calling, texts and data. -- The Tan Man, 09:21:59 03/27/15 Fri
    $15 for 100 minutes, 100 sent texts (incoming texts are free) & 100 mb of data. Also $30 for 250 minutes, 250 texts and 250 mb of data. Overages are 10 cents/ minute, 10 cents a text & $10 for 100mb of data. These rates are much cheaper then they have been in the past. Verizon wireless 800-922-0204 If you're using another carrier please call them as regular rates are very expensive. Safe travels everyone, the Tan Man.

• Good luck to all our southern region dance friends going to Worlds! Special shout out to our DC area dancers! Go get em! -- SR mom, 04:18:42 03/27/15 Fri

• Room available at the Westin in Montreal 3/28-4/6 - in the block. If you are interested please leave email -- can no longer attend, 08:23:51 03/26/15 Thu

• CCE registration - good thing I checked! -- SR, 04:30:07 03/26/15 Thu
    I registered my DDs and got a confirmation from Feisweb but when I just went back to add a dance, neither were on the list. Neither were two others on our teams though they both registered and paid. It looks like the fees were calculated wrong (I was registering for many dances so didn't notice the total wasn't correct) so we all still had a balance though we received confirmations and never received a balance due email. Might be worth checking if you registered.

• We'd rather sell it than move it! Feis 'n Stuff is having a MOVING SALE. Capri pants and Color - Your - Own tees on sale until March 30. Then we are moving house and it will all be packed. Check it out at www.feisnstuff.com. -- Sonia, 19:56:16 03/25/15 Wed

• Does anyone know if they will do a number check at Worlds? -- 1st timer, 09:41:35 03/25/15 Wed

• Emerald Bluebonnet Feis April 25, 2015 -- Emerald Bluebonnet Feis Committee, 09:27:35 03/25/15 Wed
    The first deadline to avoid a late fee is only two weeks away. Don't delay in registering. Splits will be based on the number of paid registrations so get your entry in now! Sashes and new trophies this year. New raffles too. Plus, we are raffling a SRO package at the Hilton Anatole Hotel (the SRO hotel) which includes a room and dinner package!

Replies:

• Grand Canyon State Feis -- GCSF Committee, 20:50:12 03/24/15 Tue
    The Grand Canyon State Feis is pleased to announce our 8th annual Grand Canyon State Feis Saturday and Sunday May 30th and 31st, 2015. The feis will again be located at The DoubleTree Paradise Valley Resort in beautiful Scottsdale, Arizona. Located only minutes from downtown Scottsdale and 12 miles from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. The DoubleTree is an upscale resort on 22 acres of lush grounds. Room rates are $79 per night! Our dancing competitions are tentatively scheduled with champions U13 and older on Saturday. Sunday will include all grades and champions U12 and younger. All champion specials are scheduled for Saturday.More information on the feis can be found at www.grandcanyonstatefeis.com as well as a link to the hotel!

Replies:

• Curly Girlz is offering 30% off our Irish Dance Pins! More Inside... -- Curly Girlz, 17:23:58 03/24/15 Tue
    Curly Girlz is so excited to announce the grand opening of our new Etsy shop. We've been hard at work getting things all set up and now we are ready to celebrate! During the month of March, get 30% off your entire order at http://www.etsy.com/shop/curlygirlzpins! Use the coupon code CGGRANDOPENING30 at checkout.

• West Virginia Used Solo Costume Room -- Julie, 12:55:19 03/24/15 Tue
    West Virginia Feis

“Say YES to the Feis Dress and Boys Vest”

Are you looking for that Sparkly Vest or Gorgeous Dress for Nationals?

The used Solo Costume Room
    (This room is supervised and secured by volunteers and there is ABSOLUTELY
    NO food or drink permitted in the room)

$5.00 – One Solo Costume
    $10.00 – Two or more Solo Costumes - (not to exceed $10.00)

Hours:
    Friday, March 27 – 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
    Saturday, March 28 – 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
    Sunday, March 29 – 7:00 a.m. to Noon

CASH ONLY

• In case you didn't see, the Four Provinces Feis is open on FeisWeb. -- ., 12:26:50 03/24/15 Tue

• Looking at South Florida Feis -- out of region, 10:43:13 03/24/15 Tue
    The numbers are very low. 0 entered in dd prelim comp. Will they combine so it is at least 5? Will numbers balloon closer to feis?

Replies:

• For Sale Fays Ultra Lights hard shoes Size 1 Like new condition $100 ($165 new) plus shipping in USA -- click here to email, 08:47:56 03/24/15 Tue

• FeisDresses.com is a great site for buying & selling Irish dance costumes and accessories. Listings are always FREE! -- Rhonda at FeisDresses.com, 06:11:42 03/24/15 Tue
    BUYING?
    We have one of the largest collections of Irish dance dresses, vests and accessories online for a great selection if you are looking for something. Easy search tools to narrow down choices, or use the search box at the top. Use our "Save your favorites" feature to find them again easily.

SELLING?
    FeisDresses.com is a high traffic site with millions of visitors, so your items will be seen! Listings are always free. Edit your own listings 24/7 including changing your own photos and marking your item as sold. All listings get automatically posted to facebook and twitter.

• Ronan McCormack here. Imagine being credited as a sponsor or producer of a stage production at the Edinburgh Festival - the world's biggest and most prestigious arts festival! Maire Clerkin's show "The Bad Arm - Confessions of a Dodgy Irish Dancer" offers these rewards and more if you contribute to her Kickstarter fund before Wednesday, March 25th at 5.00 p.m. Copy and paste this link in your browser to check out the show and how to contribute: kck.st/1EKw11J -- The Bad Arm - Confessions of a Dodgy Irish Dancer, 04:21:11 03/24/15 Tue
    Maire Clerkin's show "The Bad Arm - Confessions of a Dodgy Irish Dancer" offers these rewards and more if you contribute to her Kickstarter fund before Wednesday, March 25th at 5.00 p.m. Copy and paste this link in your browser to check out the show and how to contribute:

kck.st/1EKw11J

The show has already played to rave reviews in New York, Chicago & LA and I had the privilege of presenting it in Dublin in 2011. It offers a hilarious yet poignant insight into the world of Irish dance in a way no other Irish dance show has. Let's give a final push and send “The Bad Arm” to Edinburgh!

Replies:

• What are the qualifications for entering the SRO? Is it all OC and PC dancers then teacher choice for anyone else? -- Anxious, 04:13:28 03/24/15 Tue

Replies:
  • Saw the SRO logo! Texas here we come! -- Very cool!!, 17:40:06 03/23/15 Mon

• Worlds Block Room Available Sun 3/29–Sat 4/4, Springhill Suites by Marriott. Reservation can be modified/shortened. Includes free WIFI and hot/cold breakfast buffet. Newly renovated king suite w/sofa bed (sleeps 5) @ $159 CAD p/n +txs/fees. One night prepaid, $167.23 USD. Click on name for email. -- Injured dancer, 15:14:05 03/23/15 Mon

• looking for advice on how to deal with a dancer/mom unit that does not know how to "play nice" with the other dancers on their team. In our school dancers are taught to compete against themselves in solos, not against others. We all support and applaud all of the dancers in each age group, no matter who comes out on top that day. A newer transfer is sweet to our faces, but makes nasty comments to others about how they deserves a higher placement than the winner, they have better ____, so-and-so blah... -- Is there any way to help this pair become a better "go team" happier pair?, 19:02:35 03/22/15 Sun

Replies:
  • Is it true that at this year's SRO, an alternating set will be required? in the past it has been optional, but we heard someone say recently that a new rule was passed that reuiqres it. Anyone know for sure? -- thanks, 18:49:47 03/22/15 Sun

Replies:
  • SR. Oireachtas -- SR. mommy, 15:14:17 03/21/15 Sat
    Can anyone please give me an idea what day ladies U20 will dance.?
    I'm trying to figure out when to make reservations , how many nights, etc.
    Thank you!

Replies:

• Secure your spray tan time slot for the 2015 North American Nationals. Feistan will be on site in Providence. Spray tanning Irish dancers since 2008. -- The Tan Man, 15:00:34 03/21/15 Sat
    http://www.Feistan.com for appointments.
    Good luck to everyone heading to Montreal for worlds!

Replies:

• Could you tell me what ID schools are in Greenville, SC -- THANKS, 09:31:32 03/21/15 Sat

Replies:
  • Holy Angels, will you be opening feis registration soon? -- Interested, but not finding any information other than date change!, 05:44:40 03/21/15 Sat

Replies:
  • Anyone have any experience with Michelle Lewis Dresses? (NT) -- SRFan, 17:49:40 03/20/15 Fri

Replies:
  • Heard talk that Old Dominion Feis will not happen again this year, yet it's on the official schedule. Anyone know? thanks! -- Cee, 06:23:12 03/20/15 Fri

Replies:
  • Duplicate Feis Name -- Entry sec, 17:46:19 03/19/15 Thu
    Please be aware that the WIDA Saline Annual Feis has changed names to Great Lakes International Feis. Do not register for this event by mistake if you intend to compete at the ORIGINAL, AN Commisiun sanctioned Great Lakes Feis held in Lansing MIchigan.

Replies:

• Fay's Ultra light Ultra Flexi shoes - has anyone got any feedback on these shoes? My dancer would like to try them - likes the idea of 'lighter' heavies. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks :) -- dancer mom, 07:54:38 03/19/15 Thu

Replies:
  • Seems there are a few new feises in the MAR this year. Any new feises planned for the SR? Would love more SR opportunities -- Hopeful, 14:22:13 03/16/15 Mon

Replies:
  • Is hotel block open for the O yet? -- Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything!, 16:15:58 03/15/15 Sun

Replies:
  • The Academy -- :), 21:21:08 03/09/15 Mon
    Is it true? Are Ed and Byron bringing The Academy to the Southern region? Can't even wait if this is true!!!!!!!!

Replies:

• Help, what to do. Stay or go. Our school seems to be falling apart at the seams. Kids leaving left right and center. Teacher seems either clueless or oblivious. Still spending all the time on the chosen few. -- My brain says go but loyalty is keeping DD there, 14:52:00 03/09/15 Mon

Replies:
  • Moving to Austin, TX area...Suggestions on ID in the area?? -- Midwesterner, 14:23:32 03/05/15 Thu
    We are relocation and DD is PC...wanting a dance school in the area...suggestions?

Replies:

Archives: 1234 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a new public message:
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.