Saturday, June 25, 2016 - Member logins with Firefox should now be operational.
VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

Irish Dance Message Board - Southern Region
Welcome to the Irish Dance Message Board for the Southern Region. This board will be moderated to maintain a friendly, fun and supportive forum - in true Southern Region style! If you read any message that you deem inappropriate please email me @ srmessageboard@yahoo.com and I will remove it at your request.....Thanks...Have fun and enjoy!

• 1st time to NC FEis. Do we need to bring chairs for stage 1 area, or is this a ballroom with seating? -- Thank you, 18:09:17 07/22/16 Fri
    [ Post a Reply to this Message ][ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • McGough Academy Feis is Open for Entries! Saturday, September 17th -- MA Feis Chairs, 06:56:57 07/22/16 Fri
    The 2nd Annual McGough Academy Feis is now open for entries! Ciara Sexton and Meagan McGough would like to welcome all competitors to our feis!

* Sashes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in Preliminary and Open Championship
    * Tiffany & Co. Crystal & Perpetual awards for Open Championship
    * Traditional Set & Contemporary Set Competitions
    * Treble Reel Charity Competition
    * Tir na nOg for the little ones
    * Convenient online payments via PayPal

Visit our website www.mcgoughacademy.com for details, syllabus and online entry form via feisweb.com!

• Looking for a school/classes! -- Missing dance, 20:29:07 07/21/16 Thu
    Does anyone know of a school or somewhere to take classes in the Knoxville, TN area? Not looking for anything super competitive but need to get back into shape. Thanks!

Replies:

• Stage one at nations cap feis estimates for Sunday please? -- Thank you!!, 18:10:31 07/21/16 Thu

Replies:
  • Join us for the 10th Annual Ozark Mountain Feis in Northwest Arkansas on August 27th! -- Feis Committee!, 08:47:01 07/21/16 Thu
    OZARK MOUNTAIN FEIS in Northwest Arkansas. Aug. 27th

Accepting registrations through FeisWorx.com
    http://www.ozarkmountainfeis.org/

Join us in Bentonville, AR, just a few miles from XNA Airport with direct flights to Dallas, Chicago, Atlanta, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Orlando, Houston, New York, Newark, Minneapolis, Charlotte, and Cincinnati!

Competition is being held at the Four Points by Sheraton (211 SE Walton Blvd, Bentonville, AR 72712). Book through our link: http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/OzarkMountainFeis -- to receive the $99 Feis Rate. RESERVE before Aug. 20th.

Competition begins at 8:30AM with champion competitions starting with the youngest age group. Grade competitions will begin as soon as champs are completed, but no earlier than 10am

Adjudicators:
    Maura Kilkenny Glynn, SC
    Sally Houston, Calgary. Alberta, CAN
    Alison Reany-Brown, Burlington, Ontario, CAN

Musicians: Brian Flynn & Nick Shizas

• Dance Studio Opportunity -- Michele Davis, 08:30:39 07/21/16 Thu
    The School of Harmony Complex in Beaver, WV is a music, dance and art facility situated just outside Beckley. Our current dance school tenant has decided to pursue other avenues, creating a great opportunity for a new dance venture to enter our growing and high demand market. The unique Irish dance form would explode here!

Perhaps you are interested in expanding your offerings, or you have a former student who is eager to stretch their legs and wings with a new venture. We are the place! The Complex has three dance studios with office space and a reception/retail room available for rent.

The Complex is a former public school building that has been renovated as a community center for all. Many have described us as "an oasis from the negatives." We couldn't agree more.

Please contact Charles Lee Hicks at 304-253-3095 if you have any questions. A garage apartment will be provided by one of our dance parents if living arrangements would be required.

Please come tour our facility! Everyone falls in love with us, and we would be excited if you did, too!

• Nations Cap stage estimate for Open U15? -- Thanks..., 07:38:46 07/21/16 Thu

• Nations Cap stage 3&4 - upstairs like last year, in ballroom with high ceiling? -- Stage lay out?, 12:50:30 07/20/16 Wed

Replies:
  • Competitor list for Nations Capital Feis? Not seeing a link anywhere? -- Just wondering, 08:41:38 07/20/16 Wed

Replies:
  • Feis Friends- we are sad to announce that we will not be holding the American Pride Feis this year. We are already planning for next year, and hope to see you there! -- APF Committee, 05:14:52 07/20/16 Wed

Replies:
  • Gorgeous Gavin for young champ at Nation's Capitol this weekend -- Trudi, 17:17:17 07/19/16 Tue
    Elegant coral and white Gavin with matching headband. $750. Email for pictures. Will be at the fees this weekend. Great condition, stored flat in smoke free pet free home

Replies:

• Is there someone that I could contact to ask for NANs patches? I would be willing to pay the shipping. Our teacher didn't pick them up and we would really love our patches. Thanks, in advance. -- -, 16:21:11 07/19/16 Tue

Replies:
  • Help please with start time for Nations Cap Feis for u12 grades -- Very confusing schedule! Can't even find lunch listed., 21:55:06 07/18/16 Mon
    Is there a grades stage estimator out there?

Thank you

Replies:

• I cannot make heads or tails of stage 1 for champs at Nation's Capital feis. There are NO times associated with that stage, including a starting time. Can't even use the feis calculator without a starting time. -- Help anyone? Thanks., 18:43:45 07/18/16 Mon

Replies:
  • Open and Prelim at Nations Cap is Sunday?? Not saturday? -- I am so confused., 17:12:13 07/18/16 Mon

Replies:
  • Can someone please help me with estimate for Nations Cap Feis comp U16? what time on Sunday do you think? -- Have never done this feis before, 16:21:26 07/18/16 Mon

Replies:
  • Can't find on Nation's Capital Syllabus: dancing 2 or 3 at a time in Open Champs? -- new to this feis, 15:03:37 07/18/16 Mon

• SRO Committee - Any update on the rooms booked in the "teacher" room block? Do I need to book somewhere else? -- Patiently Waiting ..., 10:52:17 07/18/16 Mon

Replies:
  • Nations Cap stage schedule ? Usually runs last prior year re: champs? -- Tnx. Can't wait!, 02:28:13 07/18/16 Mon

• Gorgeous Shamrock Stitchery dress for sale, suits ~ U16 and up dancer (current owner is 5'4". Take a look! -- ~Kris, 08:16:19 07/15/16 Fri
    http://www.dance-again.com/X1739.html

• Arriving to Nations Capital Feis on Thursday. Are there designated practice spaces set up over the weekend in the hotel? -- Thanks, 14:29:58 07/14/16 Thu

Replies:
  • Whatever happened to the black leotard trend among the champion dancers?? Not seeing it as much these days! -- AR, 10:45:18 07/14/16 Thu

Replies:
  • My daughter is having hip pain and nothing seems to be helping. I'm wondering if there is a good doctor we could see in the Atlanta area? -- J, 10:34:42 07/14/16 Thu

Replies:
  • Hi, new to Nations capital feis. When do they put the schedule out? -- thank you!, 02:21:47 07/13/16 Wed

Replies:
  • My daughter is going away to Camp Rince Ceol. Any tips on what to bring? -- 1st time camper, 00:32:46 07/13/16 Wed

Replies:
  • Does anyone know if the Celtic Cross and Celtric Rose b2b feis in Atlanta is happening? Their other feis was cancelled, so am wondering if these 2 are still on. In March they said they had some exciting news so keep watching and 4 months later nothing. -- curious, 18:26:46 07/12/16 Tue

• GRADE EXAMS AT NORTH JERSEY CHAMPIONSHIPS -- James P Early ADCRG, 17:29:02 07/11/16 Mon
    Grade Exams 1-10 will be offered at the North Jersey Championships to be held at Rockland Community College on the weekend of October 1/2 2016. All information pertaining to what Grade Exams are, the 2016 syllabus for the Exams and an application form can be found on the McLoughlin School website at www dot mcloughlinschool dot com. If one is a candidate for Grade 11/12, please contact James Early as soon as possible as it is a separate application form.

Replies:

• If a dancer lives in the Southern region, but dances under a Western region school, which Oireachtas do they compete in?? -- DD, 20:12:42 07/10/16 Sun

Replies:
  • So low, someone from the Southern Region totally copied someones dress in the NE region. Not very smart dancing in the same age group. -- XXX, 16:29:12 07/09/16 Sat

Replies:
  • Recommendations for Frederick MD solo dress alteration? -- Thank you!!, 16:03:43 07/09/16 Sat

Replies:
  • Doherty Petri Feis -- Jim and Wendy, 07:22:55 07/09/16 Sat
    The Doherty Petri Feis has opened entries on Feisweb.com, payments are only accepted through PayPal.

The feis will be held at
    Carle Place HS
    168 Cherry Lane
    Carle Place, NY 11514
    on Sunday, September 25, 2016 starting at 8:30 AM.

The syllabus can found at http://petrischool.com/
    We have secured a discounted rate at the
    Hampton Inn Garden City
    1 North Ave, Garden City
    Phone: 516-227-2720
    Mention “Petri Feis” for discounted rate

Any questions please email Jim or Wendy at dohertypetrifeis@gmail.com

Looking forward to seeing everyone this year!

• gillies -- Susan, 14:59:30 07/08/16 Fri
    Anyone wearing Ryan & O'Donnell gillies? How do they compare with other brands? Thanks!

Replies:

• Irish dance shop in Maryland/Virginia area? -- Mary, 16:15:14 07/07/16 Thu
    Is there an Irish dance shop anywhere in Maryland or Virginia? I need to buy some socks. Thanks!!

Replies:

• Does anyone know whether there will be a used dress room at the Capital feis in VA in two weeks? -- Dress didn't sell at NANs :(, 12:33:25 07/07/16 Thu

Replies:
  • Congrats -- Southern region, 08:06:02 07/06/16 Wed
    Best NANS I have been to yet, and I didn't even recall!

Thanks for a good time

Replies:

• Can we see competitor lists on quick fees? -- Seems to be different, 05:09:50 07/04/16 Mon

Replies:
  • Friday night awards: wait to represent in U15 & U17! Wow!!! -- MD & VA are in 'da house!!!, 10:25:59 07/03/16 Sun

Replies:
  • The dancer and that won 18b- she seemed so shocked. Not real familiar with the older dancers but nice to see how happy she was! -- Congrats!, 18:26:13 07/02/16 Sat

Replies:
  • SRO location for 2017? -- Tnx, 09:41:50 07/02/16 Sat

Replies:
  • Random age groups made such unbalanced age groups. One comp so much easier than the other ! I hope naidc goes back to the split by birthday. Comp was so much more fair that way! Daughter was in easier split and almost all of the world medal holders in other group. -- Not celebrating, 03:18:16 07/02/16 Sat

Replies:
  • Going out on a limb here. If anyone already has a reservation at Spring hill suites for Nans on July 2 and would like to save $65, would you consider dropping that 1 night from your reservation and taking my paid one for that night (Block rate was $150 including tax) and then you could just send me a check for $85. -- Trying not to lose it, 18:31:26 06/30/16 Thu
    If you are a person that enjoys going the extra mile to save, this is an easy way to save $65. I can't cancel my room but don't need it so I am basically trying to sell it for $85 to someone who has already paid $135+tax to be there that night. I lose $65 but that is better than all of it. Email me if you are interested.Thanks. We would be helping each other. As long as you keep at least 1 night of your original reservation hotels don't mind if you drop a night.

• Congratulations fo LOQC dancer Hannah for making usatoday.com and showing the nation how ID can be fused into other music. http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2016/06/29/irish-dancer-takes-her-shot-viral-hamilton-inspired-tap-routine/86508474/ -- Well done Hannah, 11:23:09 06/30/16 Thu

Replies:
  • Nation's Capitol Feis U12 PW dance time? -- Mom, 14:55:49 06/28/16 Tue
    Hi,
    Does anyone know when U12 PW dancers tend to dance at this feis? I'm trying to decide if I need a hotel the night before - or if I can drive in.
    Thank you!!

Replies:

• Where are results from Orange State posted? Especially senior champs? We couldn't be there. -- X, 16:16:34 06/26/16 Sun

Replies:
  • We will be deleting entries for non payment tomorrow June 27th around 8 am -- Hooley Feis chair, 05:03:05 06/26/16 Sun
    Don't miss out, we have so many champ inquiries and we don't want to delete, but we will for paying registrants!

Thank you and looking forward to seeing you all in September in Lancaster!

Replies:

• Show Your Support for Orlando at NANs! Silver Awareness Ribbons -- dm, 07:51:24 06/23/16 Thu
    The NANs host committee has authorized a charitable event organized by one of the #NAIDC2016 dancers. Please join the Irish Dance community in showing support for the victims, their families and first responders of the Pulse Nightclub shooting by wearing a silver awareness ribbon while at NANs.

Awareness ribbons will be available for a $3 donation (or $20 team donation) in the convention center lobby starting Thursday evening. Net proceeds will be donated to the official Equity Florida GoFundMe account for Orlando victims. Our hope is to see everyone - dancers, teachers, parents and judges - proudly wearing a silver ribbon in a show of support for the people of Orlando!

Replies:

• Looking for help to get from MCO To Host Hotel. Just 2 people. Who has the best rates? I am a little confused about what the best thing to do is? Taxi? Shuttle? -- any help appreciated, 08:05:37 06/20/16 Mon

Replies:
  • Is anyone else using Rising Star for a new dress for Nationals? It seems to be taking an absorbitant amount of time to get the dress made and I'm afraid we won't have the dress in time. This is our first time ordering from overseas, so maybe I just expect too much? -- Stressed M.A.I.D., 13:08:46 05/31/16 Tue

Replies:
    Archives: 1234 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a new public message:
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.