VoyForums

Support VoyForums by visiting our sponsor, www.PainEase.com.

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

Irish Dance Message Board - Southern Region
Welcome to the Irish Dance Message Board for the Southern Region. This board will be moderated to maintain a friendly, fun and supportive forum - in true Southern Region style! If you read any message that you deem inappropriate please email me @ srmessageboard@yahoo.com and I will remove it at your request.....Thanks...Have fun and enjoy!

• Two great feiseanna, one great location...New Orleans!!! The Krewe of Eire Saturday, Jan. 17 and Feis New Orleans Sunday, Jan. 18. Both at the Hilton New Orleans Airport. Registration is open on FeisWorx. Join us for an exciting weekend of dance and fun. Hope to see you there. -- Bob, 04:32:09 11/26/14 Wed

[ Post a Reply to this Message ][ Edit | View ]

• Room available @ Rosen Centre Fri-Mon. -- Injury, 19:55:22 11/25/14 Tue

Replies:
  • Anyone been to Diagon Alley got any tips? We are going to spend Sat. there. Never been b4. How much are those darn interactive wands? Will I need to sell the solo dress to afford the wand? Other input? -- Tnx., 19:19:45 11/25/14 Tue

Replies:
  • Why does Innisfree have southern region dancers from the SRO last year if they are in NY? Do they have other studios in the S. Region? -- Curious... Just noticed..., 18:27:40 11/25/14 Tue

Replies:
  • Has no new posts been on here since the question about the dancer leaving her school (below)? Just wondering... Usually before the O, this place is flying with info... -- curious..., 18:01:25 11/25/14 Tue

Replies:
  • How concerned are you as a parent when a good dancer leaves your school? Just found out our school lost an older Open dancer and I don't know if I should just chalk it up ton"personal reasons" or worry that its the sign if a bigger issue? I know these things happen but for someone to transfer and miss the oireachtas makes me wonder. How do you handle transfers? -- A little nervous., 10:40:27 11/24/14 Mon

Replies:
  • For those that might need one... -- Good Luck, 07:59:40 11/24/14 Mon
    Letter for escused absence from school to attend the SRO.

http://zandb.wordpress.com/2014/11/23/excused-absences-from-school-for-educational-reasons-2/

Replies:

• transportation between hotels -- sr dancer, 12:47:08 11/23/14 Sun
    Has Os been at the Rosen before? What do you do for transportation between the two hotels? The lady on the phone said its like a 5 minute walk, but looking at google maps it looks much farther than that. Will there be taxis or shuttles available? Could be a mess if everyone is trying to call a taxi last minute...?

Replies:

• To SRO moms: curious what is the last thing you say to your DD when she heads up to stage to dance? Good luck? Have fun? Cheer up? Whyaren't you smiling? -- Last year I said the wrong thing and got the frustrated eye roll. Was a newbie. 😝, 04:32:51 11/23/14 Sun

Replies:
  • My daughter is u16 PW. She was very close to qualifying for the O but didn't quite make it. She has been very bummed watching all her friends prep for the O and especially when hearing about the plans for group trips to Disney World. I know she is an excellent dancer and she is so talented, how do I help her see past this one disappointing moment into the future? -- Tough to see my talented little girl being so frustrated with dance, 20:37:41 11/22/14 Sat

Replies:
  • "Saw pics of WRO all placers get Galway crystal and all the WQ get a sash! Would love to see our region change it up and do something similar..." -- Saw this on the MAR board and agree., 20:28:48 11/22/14 Sat

Replies:
  • School numbers -- Does the O list somewhere how many dancers are registered from each school (like you find on some feis registrations)? Wonder who has the largest showing (school) last year and this... Anyone ever look at numbers? -- Curious., 09:24:40 11/22/14 Sat

Replies:
  • Who goes to Oireachtas? -- Curious, 06:07:16 11/22/14 Sat
    My DD is not there yet but has been interested. What are your school's "rules" about who can go for solos? Her school will take only Prelim and Open Champs (our Prelims need 2 PW wins in all 4 dances) but in the past has taken PW if the only wins they still need are in dances they won't do at Os. My niece's school will only take PW dancers up to U14. Is there a hard and fast rule? I know the youngest groups are teacher discretion.

Replies:

• River Valley Feis lost and found -- The Committee, 14:26:18 11/21/14 Fri
    River Valley Feis (Ft. Smith, AR)
    Lost and Found. Sorry for the delay, it's Oireachtas time.

Plastic reusable water bottle.
    Windbreaker - polyester.
    Dark Gray zip up hoodie - Spiritual Gangster
    Black woven knee brace
    A pair of silver slippers, slip on casual shoes

Please reply on our Facebook page.

• The North Coast Feis will take place on Feb 7, 2015 at the IX Center in Cleveland. Entries open on Feisworx Nov. 24, 2014 -- Irishmama, NCF Secy, 12:29:08 11/20/14 Thu
    Champ Cap 350/Grades 650
    NEW THIS YEAR
    ***Marley Flooring for all Champ Stages***

-Three rounds for all PC and OC dancers-Oireachtas style, with three rotating judging panels
    -Sashes for top three in PC/OC, with round medals
    -Champ Trad sets
    -Charity Treble Reel, Champs and Grades
    -Grade Exams 1-12 Friday, Feb. 6, 2015
    -Entries close Dec 29, 2014/ Same day entries accepted with Cash Fee of $100 PLUS all competition fees and Family Fee.
    -Parade of Champs at end of Day
    -Hotel links and Syllabus will be posted on our website at NorthCoastFeis.com

Replies:

• Rutherford Cavan pumps...any thoughts on fit, look, break-in and stretch? -- dm, 10:06:03 11/20/14 Thu
    Loved the HP's, but not fitting my daughter's wide foot well anymore.

Replies:

• Ghillies and Vendors -- DMO'K, 06:34:55 11/20/14 Thu
    HEllo - was wondering if anyone knows of any vendors that wil be selling the Hullachan (HP3) at SRO. Thanks for any help

Replies:

• Krewe of Eire Feis -- Jan Gunter, 06:31:47 11/20/14 Thu
    WATCH FOR KREWE OF EIRE FEIS (NEW ORLEANS) SYLLABUS ON FEISWORX NEXT WEEK! THIS FEIS IS A BACK TO BACK FEIS WITH FEIS NEW ORLEANS. SATURDAY, JANUARY 17 AND SUNDAY, JANUARY 18, 2015. AIRPORT HILTON NEW ORLEANS.
    WE WANT TO SEE YOU THERE.

Replies:

• Does anyone know numbers of competitors in each comp for Oireachtas -- curiousmom, 04:43:44 11/20/14 Thu

Replies:
  • Anyone know if the Rosen Centre has good WiFi in their ballrooms and hallways? -- Thanks., 05:47:04 11/19/14 Wed

• I will be releasing a room at the Rosen (Friday-Monday) unless someone would like it. If you're interested in transferring this reservation, let me know! -- Thanks!, 04:18:24 11/19/14 Wed

Replies:
  • Lost shoes hotlanta -- Linda, 15:47:10 11/18/14 Tue
    My daughter left her soft shoes most likely by podium on sunday they had white laces I believe Rutherford 5.5 does any one know we can contact to get them?

Replies:

• Book you spray tan now for the Oireachtas at feisfab.com -- See you soon!, 12:41:36 11/18/14 Tue

Replies:
  • An Irish Christmas tour is heading for Texas this week, , Midland, baytown, Galveston and San Antonio . Get out an see, many dancers you may know some on their first tour. Its a great show very enetertaining -- Come see us, 12:50:04 11/17/14 Mon

Replies:
  • Room at the Rosen available Thursday and Friday. Please email me if interested in transfer. -- Dancer out with injury, 05:22:34 11/17/14 Mon

Replies:
  • Thank you Atlanta families for working so hard this weekend! -- Dm, 20:36:10 11/16/14 Sun
    We've been at this (feising) for a mere 3 years, but it always amazes me how the feis families pour long, long, volunteer hours into providing an opportunity for these dancers to hone their skills. It can't be easy, and with the SR having fewer feis than other regions, each one is important! This is one of the few back to back feisanna we can attend..we've never missed it and look forward to next year! Great job! It's a great opportunity for our dancers to be evaluated by this many judges who also put in long, long hours to promote Irish dance. Thanks for all the tips for these dancers!

Replies:

• Have an extra room for Oireachtas Wed-Monday -- Diane, 18:24:57 11/16/14 Sun
    Have an extra room we don't need for the Oireachtas Wed-Monday. Can just transfer to anyone. Please email me at diane.slawson@gmail.com
    Thanks

• Teachers KIDS get special treatment again shocker... -- Annoyed mom, 18:15:17 11/16/14 Sun

Replies:
  • Oddest judging I've seen in a long time!!!! Never seen so much inconsistencies in my life!!!!! 1st all the way to 12th???? Glad we didn't stay around for awards. -- Hotlanta more like hot mess!!!, 17:01:55 11/16/14 Sun

Replies:
  • They are putting HOTLANTA results up now on efeis. Beginner are up. -- Others should be up soon. FYI., 16:43:04 11/16/14 Sun

• U14 OC results from ATL today? -- Thanks!, 14:48:03 11/16/14 Sun

Replies:
  • who cares. it's just a feis. -- ., 12:26:57 11/16/14 Sun

Replies:
  • ATL feis results up on efeis but just beg through novice now. -- Maybe others will be up soon too., 12:18:26 11/16/14 Sun

• dance results that are obviously "fixed" for the home team bring ill repute to Irish dance. -- !, 08:03:45 11/16/14 Sun
    It is time to say that when daughter of a dance teacher dances poorly on stage and shouldn't even recall, then wins an open comp that things have gone too far. It is an insult to everyone's integrity. Higher ranked world qualifiers danced well and placed behind a clearly struggling dancer. Would like to know if it is judging or tabulation. It is time for CLRG or IDTANA to clean up this sport.

Replies:

• I've gotten so used to results being posted so quickly on Feisworx, it's hard to be patient and wait for them on efeis. -- Anxious, 03:49:12 11/16/14 Sun

Replies:
  • U16 and u18 open champ results from ATL? -- Dancer injured couldn't attend, 20:26:35 11/15/14 Sat
    Can someone please post top. 5 results from. U16 and u18 open today? Thk u!

Replies:

• SRO - I understand Gavin (amongst other dm's) is judging our O. Obviously he'll notice his own dresses on stage. How will he keep a unbiased eye and judge with fairly? Obviously he's human as other the other judges, but he knows his customers (dancers) & Knows his dresses -- Newbie to O - truly a curiosity question. Does this happen at most O's?, 05:35:25 11/15/14 Sat
    Maybe we should do a fashion show feis? All the dancers show up in their solo dresses and all the DM's come in and judge. hA!

Replies:

• Is there a reason the SRO doesn't have a "dinner dance" or something along those terms? Friends in other regions were talking about how the teen dancers always have a party at the oireachtas that everyone goes to -- curious, 11:16:23 11/14/14 Fri

Replies:
  • Orlando feis info -- Out of region mom, 20:07:12 11/13/14 Thu
    We are coming out of region and would like to attend the Orlando feis. Would like to book flight to get a decent rate. Does anyone know if this feis will happen this year and what weekend in February?

Replies:

• Does anyone know best most economical transportation from MCO airport to SRO venue -- and also from SRO venue to Harry Potter World.?, 15:39:33 11/13/14 Thu

Replies:
  • Need a break from "O" chatter?! Possible relocation to Chapel Hill, ID school help needed. -- Thank you!, 07:41:11 11/11/14 Tue
    Hi - DH is considering a job in Chapel Hill and we are in the process of weighing the pros and cons, one of which is being able to transition the children's activities so their lives are not completely turned upside down. Fortunately it looks like there are several ID options in the RTP area, but I am not really sure how to figure out which one would be the best fit for our PC and PW dancers. If anyone would be willing to give me their thoughts, we would be appreciative. I am not looking to instigate a public debate on the schools in the area, thus I've left my email in the link above to receive your comments privately.
    We will of course also ask our TC for her opinion, however a few weeks before Oireachtas isn't the best time to do so, and besides, parent opinions are also valuable when you're considering moving to an entirely new region!

Replies:

• SRO question: Does anyone know what percentage of Open dancers actually go to the O? Talking tween/teenage Open kids? Are they required to go? If not, what % would you say actually go? -- Thought about this while jogging today :-(), 06:27:26 11/11/14 Tue

Replies:
  • Heard a little rumor that Miss Rowena is reopening her school under a new name after O....... -- Has anyone got any info? We have missed her AND Celtic Rose Feis this year :(, 01:34:43 11/11/14 Tue

Replies:
  • U10 and below--Oireachtas makeup--my understanding is that no makeup is allowed for these age groups. -- That my TC understanding as well. Is that other's understanding of the CLRG rule?, 07:31:51 11/06/14 Thu

Replies:
  • DC area schools -- WR mom, 14:15:10 10/28/14 Tue
    Looking at a possible move to Northern VA/ DC area from California for husband's work. DD is new to prelim and we don't know much about dance schools in other regions. We will of course talk with her current TC but would like to have some schools to look into to start our search. A quick look on google brought up Boyle, O'Neill James, and Maple, and I was wondering if there were any others in the area that you would recommend looking at. Thanks so much.

Replies:

Archives: 1234 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a new public message:
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.