Saturday, June 25, 2016 - Member logins with Firefox should now be operational.
VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

Irish Dance Message Board - Southern Region
Welcome to the Irish Dance Message Board for the Southern Region. This board will be moderated to maintain a friendly, fun and supportive forum - in true Southern Region style! If you read any message that you deem inappropriate please email me @ srmessageboard@yahoo.com and I will remove it at your request.....Thanks...Have fun and enjoy!

• Hello, my daughter and I are planning to stop at the Outer Banks on our way home from Nationals. But I do not know which beach is best... -- Mom, 12:21:05 06/24/16 Fri
    We want something between quiet and not so quiet, bathrooms a must. A free beach would be wonderful too! Maybe even a board walk would be nice, especially for lunch and shopping, etc.I would also like to see the Hatteras Light House perhaps. I was looking at Nags Head and Rodanthe. I found info about Nags Head and beaches that offer a bathhouse, but nothing like that about Rodanthe.
    Any suggestions? 100 plus miles of beaches is a lot to choose from!
    I figure that if someone is familiar with the Outer Banks, they may know exactly what I should be looking for.
    We are staying outside of OBX in Plymouth so we will have anywhere from 1-2 hours of driving, depending on time of day, traffic and the location we end up at. We will only be there for one day, so I want to make sure I choose wisely.
    Thank you so much!

[ Post a Reply to this Message ][ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Anyone with tickets to Disney they are not using? Possibly at the lower March rate? -- Lynn, 04:09:56 06/24/16 Fri

• **DE (Delaware) Feis Perpetual Trophy Winners** -- Tricia, 13:22:04 06/23/16 Thu
    Recipient of a 2015 Perpetual Trophy and need to return it? You can do so this weekend at the Heritage Feis. I will be there from approx 9:30 to end of day. Email me (provided inside) and I will provide you with my cell number - we can meet up at your convenience during the feis. If you are not attending but would like to make arrangements to return your trophy you can email me as well to discuss other options. Thank you!

• Show Your Support for Orlando at NANs! Silver Awareness Ribbons -- dm, 07:51:24 06/23/16 Thu
    The NANs host committee has authorized a charitable event organized by one of the #NAIDC2016 dancers. Please join the Irish Dance community in showing support for the victims, their families and first responders of the Pulse Nightclub shooting by wearing a silver awareness ribbon while at NANs.

Awareness ribbons will be available for a $3 donation (or $20 team donation) in the convention center lobby starting Thursday evening. Net proceeds will be donated to the official Equity Florida GoFundMe account for Orlando victims. Our hope is to see everyone - dancers, teachers, parents and judges - proudly wearing a silver ribbon in a show of support for the people of Orlando!

Replies:

• Planning to consign your used items at the Celtic Fling Feis with Step Down the Line Consign? -- stepdowntheline, 22:14:52 06/22/16 Wed
    Make your drop off procedure even easier by printing off your consignor drop off form from home and filling it out before you arrive. Find the form at the bottom of the 'contact & policies' page of our website, www.stepdowntheline.com. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the feis!

• **GALLAGHER SCHOOL POCONO FEIS** to be held Saturday, September 24, 2016 is now open on Feisweb for entries -- Pocono Feis Secretary, 16:23:49 06/21/16 Tue
    *Closing Entry Date: September 9th
    *Come join us in the beautiful Pocono Mountains. So much to see and do: Outlet shopping, kayaking, indoor waterpark hotels, Appalachian Trail, go carting, etc
    *Convenient location off of Rt 80: Stroudsburg High School located on 1100 W. Main Street in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania

~$25 Feis Fayre Gift Certificate to Open Champion winners
    ~$15 Feis Fayre Gift Certificate to Prelim Champion winners
    ~Air Conditioned venue
    ~Ample parking
    ~Used Dress Sale Area
    ~Sashes for Top 5 in PC and OC
    ~Open Medal Rounds with 1st place in each round winning a pair of poodle socks
    ~Feis begins at 8:45. Doors open 8:00
    ~Traditional Set Competition open to prizewinner and prelim dancers
    ~Treble Reel Competition to benefit St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital open to Prelim/Open Champion dancers
    ~Contemporary Set Competition for Prelim Dancers

Confirmed Adjudicators:
    Irene Horgan- CT
    Iris Gray- CT
    Maura Gray- CT
    Michael Dillon- CA
    Deidre O'Sullivan- NY
    Anna O'Sullivan- NY
    (additional adjudicators will be updated on Pocono Feis Facebook)

**NEW THIS YEAR: DOIRE DRESS RAFFLE*** More details to follow. Need not be present at the feis to enter.

Hotel accommodations: Hampton Inn, Bartonsville, PA, (570) 369-1400, $149/night with feis code: IDC
    We also have rooms set aside at the Staybridge Suites….. Studio rooms for $169.99 have been blocked off for Friday 9/23 and Saturday 9/24/16. The cutoff date for reservations under the block will be Friday, September 2, 2016. The stay will include full, complimentary breakfast. The group code is GSD. When the guests call in, they can use that code or let them know they are with the Gallagher School of Irish Dancing.

• Nationals Hotel in room block (wristbands) available Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista in the Marriott Village -- LMM, 06:46:17 06/21/16 Tue
    I have a room available in the room block for a standard room with 2 queen beds. Room is in the block so you can get wristbands. No parking or resort fees with this hotel. Room is available for June 29th- July 6th. Dates can be reduced for time you need to stay and cancel other dates. Please email me at ourgems@embarqmail.com. $134 per night. (plus tax)

• Just heard that a new powerhouse school emerging in Tampa. Gilleoghan teachers have joined Scariff in Tampa. -- Guess where we are headed - switcharoo!, 13:27:31 06/20/16 Mon

Replies:
  • Looking for help to get from MCO To Host Hotel. Just 2 people. Who has the best rates? I am a little confused about what the best thing to do is? Taxi? Shuttle? -- any help appreciated, 08:05:37 06/20/16 Mon

Replies:
  • We are excited to announce that Step Down the Line consignment (www.stepdowntheline.com) will be a vendor at the Celtic Fling Feis! -- stepdowntheline, 04:49:49 06/20/16 Mon
    We will have used shoes, wigs, accessories and even a few dresses. We will also be accepting new items for the shop leading up to the day of the feis and also at the feis. Don't miss out on this opportunity to clean out your closets and turn your unneeded items into cash! (If planning to drop off items the day of the feis, please check our website in the upcoming days to print off a consignment sheet that will make your drop off easier and quicker for you.)

• Nationals - Marriott Orlando World Center Resort - Host Hotel- June 30 - July 4. Standard room for 4 people no longer needed. Please email to take over reservation. -- ccoyman@aol.com, 15:41:45 06/19/16 Sun

Replies:
  • We will be deleting entries for non payment tomorrow morning June 20th. Don't be disappointed! Pay your balance today! -- Hooley feis chair, 14:30:12 06/19/16 Sun

We have met our champ cap and have many people asking to be added to the waiting list.
    We don't want to delete anyone but we will delete non payment on Monday to accommodate paying registrants.

Also, our adult champ cup competition is filling nicely. We will NOT cap the adult championship. But don't get left behind!

Hope to see many of you in September here in Lancaster!

Replies:

• For us newbies in irish dance, where do they post recalls and results for Nationals? -- Someday!, 11:32:05 06/19/16 Sun

Replies:
  • Recall -- Dm, 13:23:31 06/18/16 Sat
    How many recall at NANS? Is it a certain number or 50%? TIA

Replies:

• Please visit Step Down the Line where you can consign your Irish dance shoes, wigs, costumes and accessories or purchase new to you items at great prices! www.stepdowntheline.com -- stepdowntheline, 17:44:18 06/17/16 Fri

• Orlando - anyone else a little nervous with all that has been going on lately in the city? . -- How is security at the venue?, 20:33:14 06/16/16 Thu

Replies:
  • Question regarding Nationals qualification...To qualify as an OC dancer, one must have qualified for OC BEFORE May 1st? In other words, you can't get your first 1st in early May, get the 2nd in Mid-May while dancing for a school in Indiana, transfer to a school in Tampa in June, but get your new TC to push your name through? -- The dancer has been indiscreet about this at the studio & ruffled feathers, 17:36:46 06/16/16 Thu

Replies:
  • Makeup by Meg will be with Camillia Rose at NANS! Meg airbrushes the makeup for a professional look. She still has spots available for solos and teams. Contact Meg @ makeupbymeaghann@gmail.com -- Makeup by Meg, 12:31:53 06/16/16 Thu

• NAIDC -- Clueless, 15:12:43 06/01/16 Wed
    Is the closest airport really 1 1/4 hours away from the Orlando Marriott? What's the best way to get from the airport to the hotel?

Replies:

• If I am paying $8 per night to park at the Springhill Suites, do I still have to pay for parking each day at the Marriott World Center? -- Confused, 15:06:59 06/01/16 Wed

Replies:
  • Give SRO committee a break! There are a TON of hotels in Balto near the Hilton. Go to tripadvisor! -- hotels.com, orbitz, priceline., 12:10:16 06/01/16 Wed

Replies:
  • Charlotte Feile Rince Feis - I think it's a new location, but does anyone know if there is seating available, or should we bring chairs. -- TIA, 10:43:51 06/01/16 Wed

• Everything will be ok, just be patient and let them sort everything out. Honest mistakes happen they are all human, Im sure the comittee will update soon. -- Its ok! INSIDE*, 06:15:19 06/01/16 Wed
    Just a different perspective! Bashing the hotel does nothing but make us look barbaric, same with bashing the committee. Im sure the SR committee is working hard to find their mistake and correct it. None of this was intentionally done. They are human and things happen. There are several hotels around the area within walking distance. There is more then enough room for everyone.

Replies:

• SRO Hotel took a deposit yet nowhere does it mention charging a deposit?!! Not happy! -- --, 05:10:28 06/01/16 Wed

Replies:
  • Good morning! Here is your correct link to book rooms for the SRO 2016. https://aws.passkey.com/g/57537598 -- #SRO 2016, 01:42:55 06/01/16 Wed

Replies:
  • The link worked for me after Midnight Central. You have to advance calendar from November to December. -- HTH, 22:13:04 05/31/16 Tue

Replies:
  • Help Southern Region O Committee!!! -- Dance M, 20:33:26 05/31/16 Tue
    The reservation link is not working, the Hotel is not answering! We the people that waited until the proper time
    are not able to get a reservation!!!

Have been holding on the phone 30 minutes!!!

Replies:

• SRO crest for this year -- does the crab have hard shoes or no? -- Interesting patch it will be., 17:57:46 05/31/16 Tue

Replies:
  • Moving to Durham, NC from Colorado -- Katienrachelrmystars (Curious), 14:22:05 05/31/16 Tue
    Hi, looking for some information on Irish dance schools in/ around Durham, NC....we are moving to the area for my husbands job end of July and would like to get the ball rolling on finding a new school so my girls don't have to go to long without dancing! I have 2 daughters, one in advanced beginner u7 and another in prelim u10. I know that there are several competitive schools in the area but wanted some honest feedback , and unbiased opinions about which is best. We are looking for a competitive atmosphere with a nurturing approach. I welcome all feedback good and bad! Thanks so much!
    Emily

Replies:

• Is anyone else using Rising Star for a new dress for Nationals? It seems to be taking an absorbitant amount of time to get the dress made and I'm afraid we won't have the dress in time. This is our first time ordering from overseas, so maybe I just expect too much? -- Stressed M.A.I.D., 13:08:46 05/31/16 Tue

Replies:
  • ORANGE STATE FEIS Updates -- OSF committee, 17:21:01 05/30/16 Mon
    A friendly reminder that Orange State Feis closes a week from today!!
    Please go to www.iFeis.net and register today to avoid late fees!
    Also feis t-shirts are PRE-ORDER ONLY! Go to http://orangestatefeis.com/shirts/ and order by Monday, June 6th to avoid disappointment! T-shirts will not be available for purchase day of feis.
    We look forward to seeing you in sunny Florida!
    Registration on iFeis.net
    T-shirts ordered on orangestatefeis.com

Replies:

• NANS hair/makeup -- Samantha W, 05:27:22 05/26/16 Thu
    Hi! May have already been asked.. But does anyone know of a good hair/makeup vendor that will be at NANS?
    Thanks!

Replies:

Archives: 1234 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a new public message:
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.