VoyForums

Support VoyForums by visiting our sponsor, www.PainEase.com.

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

Irish Dance Message Board - Southern Region
Welcome to the Irish Dance Message Board for the Southern Region. This board will be moderated to maintain a friendly, fun and supportive forum - in true Southern Region style! If you read any message that you deem inappropriate please email me @ srmessageboard@yahoo.com and I will remove it at your request.....Thanks...Have fun and enjoy!

• Does anyone have Cindy with Fabrince's daytime phone number? -- Need to get ahold of her!, 04:00:50 10/01/14 Wed

[ Post a Reply to this Message ][ Edit | View ]

• An idea of those who think ID has gone to the dark side ... I think the Feis Commission should select the judges and what feises they are assigned. I understand as a feis organizer you are going to select judges that like YOUR dancers style .. but is that really fair? You have good dancers coming in from all regions. Just cant take all this negativity and lets make ID clean good fun. -- Dina, 03:20:40 10/01/14 Wed

Replies:
  • Culkin Feis question -- Mom, 16:41:27 09/30/14 Tue
    We are coming down from the New England region for this feis (lots of family in the DC/Baltimore area). Does anyone know what times prelim U11 and open U11 danced last year? I am trying to get a sense of the schedule, so I can provide some basic information to the family. I know, there is no guarantee that the schedule will remain the same this year, but thank you for your assistance!!

Replies:

• TWO DRESSES FOR SALE Both made by Gavin -- dd, 09:53:06 09/30/14 Tue
    Perfect for a slender U10/U11 Novice or Prizewinner Dancer - Only $400! Dress is a salmon/coral pink lightweight velvet bodice with a white skirt and bodice inset. The dress has hundreds of crystals. It is in very good condition. Please go to https://salmonpinkgavinforsale.shutterfly.com for pictures, measurements and detailed information.

Perfect for a slender U12/U13 Prizewinner Dancer Only $700! This dress has a split bodice half white satin and half a unique pattern that is a muted floral tie dye looking pattern that is multicolored, but leans toward the blue color family. The skirt is white. There are red embroidered flowers and hundreds of crystals. This dress is very pretty and very feminine. All solo dresses are unique, but this one is really one of a kind with its distinctive fabric. The dress is in very good condition. Please go to https://floraltiedyeandwhitegavin.shutterfly.com for pictures, measurements and detailed information.

Thanks for looking!

• When does the treble reel usually take place at the Culkin feis? -- Thank you, 05:15:50 09/30/14 Tue

Replies:
  • It's time for some SR smiles! What's your favorite SR feis and why? Let's give our favorite SR feisanna a boost! -- I'll start...see below, 21:14:26 09/29/14 Mon

Replies:
  • Dress available at Greensboro to try on, will not for obvious reasons be on rack. If interested please email me and we can arrange a meeting. Getthatdress.com X20486, 10-11 yr white stunner. :-) -- SRM, 17:41:27 09/29/14 Mon

• Lowcountry Feis has been canceled: Regretfully we are having to cancel our feis this year due to the venue double booking events and deciding to honor the other. Another location was not able to be secured at such a late date. Legacy Feis (a.k.a. Lowcountry Feis) will be back next year better than ever! Thank you all for your continued support. We look forward to seeing you in 2015. -- Feis Committee, 10:53:02 09/29/14 Mon

Replies:
  • Question regarding San Antonio feis: Will championships be danced hard shoe first? This was done at the Austin feis and was greatly appreciated! It's good practice for the Oireachtas and other majors where hard shoe is the first round. -- ST, 08:02:07 09/29/14 Mon

Replies:
  • Greensboro City Feis Schedule up! WKS website -- southern region rocks, 07:37:37 09/29/14 Mon

Replies:
  • The negative poster has been identified... -- Internet Detective, 04:37:44 09/29/14 Mon
    An email has been sent to the school, and this person will be asked to make an apology.
    We are also asking if they can be banned from attending anything in the future.
    (Parent not dancer).

Replies:

• I'm very disheartened by what people are saying (and complaining) about from this weekends back to back competition. We don't go to these competitions wondering what kind of prizes they are giving out. We go to dance, have fun, and get comments from judges before majors. Why do people go and then complain???? So let's start a new discussion....why do you feis???? We do it for the competition and comments. No more no less. -- Curious, 18:45:52 09/28/14 Sun

Replies:
  • Ok so since Tampa double feis us over let's start trashing the -- Double Atlanta Feis weekend, 18:29:24 09/28/14 Sun
    $119 @ night for a regular hotel room plus $12 self parking? Family fee for both days? Cheap awards? Come on people let's start early on this one!!!!
    We will be there and be thankful for the feis and the volunteers. Thank you Drake School for tour back to back feis and thank you Scariff school for yours!

Replies:

• Thank you Tampa/Suncoast -- CW&J, 16:42:38 09/28/14 Sun
    Sad to say didn't do as well as our dancer wanted to but still a good competition.
    As always,volunteers were great and helpful.
    The venue is always one of our favorites, but the rain messed up pool time.

See you all next year.

Replies:

• OVERSEAS SHIPPING -- SRMOM DRESS SHIPPING, 08:13:18 09/28/14 Sun
    Looking at overseas dress. Can someone provide a step by step process of what is involved and average cost? Dress is coming for. Ireland. I need pointers on what to tell seller on how to ship. I have heard to have the box labeled children's used clothes to speed the process. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

• Are the results for both of the FL feises posted anywhere? -- -, 16:04:53 09/27/14 Sat

Replies:
  • Sun coast feis -- Wendy (Exhausted), 14:45:40 09/27/14 Sat
    Although the venue is beautiful and so are ALL the dancers....I'm not looking forward to our day tomorrow..... Why were results for pre lims and champs only announced twice???? I'm more appalled that I'm charged for my results. What does my $20 feis fee and my $65 competition fee for???? What a RIP OFF

Replies:

• Feis Culkin is more than half full in 30 min. -- SR, 05:42:23 09/27/14 Sat
    Really no time to think about it on this one!

Replies:

• Greensboro City feis question--Does anyone know what time the feis starts on Saturday and Sunday? -- Thanks in advance!, 13:36:31 09/25/14 Thu

Replies:
  • Coyle Feis has reached it's cap. If you have not paid and plan to attend, please do so before 10/5/14. Thank you! -- Feis Chair, 11:17:20 09/25/14 Thu

• Casual Feis in New Orleans! -- Jan Gunter, 08:13:11 09/25/14 Thu
    There's a new feis up on Feisworx right now!! IRISH CHANNEL FEIS IN NEW ORLEANS. SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2014. A CASUAL FEIS..NO WIGS, NO DRESSES~ BRING YOUR SHOES THOUGH!

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!!

Replies:

• any training tips to help my dd smile and lookup while dancing? -- Nicole, 21:03:05 09/24/14 Wed

Replies:
  • Hotel -- College kid trying to save money, 16:40:14 09/23/14 Tue
    Does anyone have a room for Saturday of the oireachtas at either the host hotel or overflow that they are not using? Just trying to see if I can get one at the discount rate before going to a different hotel down the street and paying more.

Replies:

• ROI Feis Update -- ROI Booster, 04:17:21 09/23/14 Tue
    The ROI Feis is closing on Friday to on time entries. We are back in Williamsburg at our previous location although is has changed its name to Doubletree by Hilton. Info is available on our website roiboosterclub.org

Our adjudicators are:
    Mr. Seamus O'Se - Ireland
    Mr. Michael Belvitch - Chicago
    Ms. Peggy Woods - Boston
    Ms. Maureen Bakke - Maryland
    Mr. Marcus Maloney - Ireland
    Mr. Russel Beaton - Maryland
    Ms. Grace Ann Coyle - Maryland

Our Musicians:
    Mr. Mark Arrington
    Mr. Oliver Brown
    Mr. Tony Nother

We have wonderful raffles this year including 4 FREE ONE DAY TICKETS to Disneyland. Just in time for the O!

We also have discounted tickets to Colonial Williamsburg. Get one day pass for $8.50. These tickets are normally $45.

Please join us! We'd love to have you!

Replies:

• Love the Culkin feis but was a bit bummed that they kept OC as a double age group so close to the O -- -, 20:24:34 09/22/14 Mon

Replies:
  • Question about the Charlotte Feis - We're thinking of coming from out of region and are wondering do grades usually combine ages at the youngest (U6) AB or will they allow them to dance as a small group? -- DM w U6 DD, 09:19:43 09/22/14 Mon

Replies:
  • Baltimore Feis Results are posted . . . -- Jim M, 10:46:16 09/21/14 Sun
    http://feisweb.com/Results?FeisKey=BAL14

Replies:

• Future of Deep South SR feises! -- Not looking good, 06:04:48 09/21/14 Sun
    So it's probably gonna mean that we will lose another 2 feises on our calendar if the Tampa back to back folds after most booking under the cheap deal.

Future and growth is looking bleak!

Replies:

• Baltimore Stage Schedule Posted!! -- ~Kris-O-Matic, 10:16:40 09/17/14 Wed
    Baltimore Stage Schedule

Prelim and Open Champ stage estimates inside first reply.

NOTE #1: I have estimated the champ stages to start at 8:45...HOWEVER, ceilis are running first thing in the morning again this year, so I anticipate a delayed start on these 2 stages such that team dancers can dance and change costume.

NOTE #2: Stage 7 looks like it will run long, so comps later in the day should be prepared to change stages.

Replies:

• The River Valley Feis will be held on Saturday, Nov. 8 in the Fort Smith Convention Center in Fort Smith, AR. Get additional information at www.RiverValleyFeis.com. Enter on FeisWorx. -- The Committee, 21:55:37 09/09/14 Tue

Replies:
  • We are moving to the DC area and are considering the Boyle School. Anyone know anything about the teachers/dancers/overall reputation of the school? -- dancemom, 08:52:27 09/06/14 Sat

Replies:
    Archives: 1234 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a new public message:
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.