VoyForums

Support VoyForums by visiting our sponsor, www.PainEase.com.

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

Irish Dance Message Board - Southern Region
Welcome to the Irish Dance Message Board for the Southern Region. This board will be moderated to maintain a friendly, fun and supportive forum - in true Southern Region style! If you read any message that you deem inappropriate please email me @ srmessageboard@yahoo.com and I will remove it at your request.....Thanks...Have fun and enjoy!

• Anyone have full results for U15 SRO? -- dm, 08:07:44 12/21/14 Sun
    My daughter's first O and creating her a special Christmas present that we need her actual ranking (did not recall)...we have asked her teacher but think with the holidays she is swamped...I can email anyone her number or name...not sure how they rank it...thanks!

[ Post a Reply to this Message ][ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Is there a code for the hotel for the KOS Feis? I cannot find it on the syllabus or the website. -- --, 19:24:12 12/20/14 Sat

Replies:
  • Grade exams : are there any scheduled? -- curious, 15:51:16 12/20/14 Sat

Replies:
  • Booked a room for the Jan. New Orleans Feis. Used the code but was charged $138. Are all of the rooms in the block gone already? -- SRDancer, 03:58:28 12/20/14 Sat

Replies:
  • Questions about Worlds Association conflicts -- Hopefull, 10:57:24 12/19/14 Fri
    When/how will we know for sure the final decision on judges and association conflicts?

Do the next dancers in line from O automatically move up or do you have to apply for it somehow?

Will our TC be informed and tell us or do we need to be aware and alert our TC?

Is this something we need to be discussing with TC now, or wait for the final official announcement?

Our dancer was 1 away from worlds and there were several possible association conflicts placed above her so I am very interested.

Replies:

• Looking at Oireachtas Results- do you think that Inishfree would ever open classes anywhere else in our region? -- They are the new powerhouse- not from the school but a fan lol!, 22:40:07 12/18/14 Thu

Replies:
  • U10-11 Dress pink/black polka dot -- Virginia seller, 14:44:36 12/17/14 Wed
    Check out our dress for sale - thanks.
    http://www.feisdresses.com/ads/adorable-solo-dress/

• CEILI MUSIC for IRISH DANCING: VOLUMES 1-3 by Sean O'Brien - AVAILABLE NOW on ITUNES!!! -- Sean O'Brien - Irish Dance Music, 08:14:10 12/17/14 Wed
    Finally, it's here...

CEILI MUSIC for IRISH DANCING: VOLUMES 1-3 by Sean O'Brien

Now available on ITUNES!!!

This comprehensive collection contains EVERY CEILI DANCE IN THE BOOK!

VOLUME 1 contains:

Reels 112-116
    Reels 113 (Long) – Full 'High Cauled Cap' as per the book!
    Jigs 112-116
    Jigs 113 (Long) – Full 'Eight Hand Jig' as per the book!

VOLUME 2 contains:

Trip to the Cottage 112-116 – Full length as per the book!
    St Patrick's Day 112-116 - Full length as per the book!
    Lannigan's Ball 112-116

VOLUME 3 contains:

The Sweets of May 113, 116, 119 – Full length as per the book!
    The Three Tunes 113, 116, 119 - Full length as per the book!
    The Gates of Derry 113, 116, 119
    The Humours of Bandon – Full length as per the book!
    The Siege of Carrick & Haste to the Wedding
    The Rakes of Mallow
    The Bridge of Athlone

Here are the Itunes store links for each Volume:

VOLUME 1 - https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/ceili-music-for-irish-dancing/id951991242
    VOLUME 2 - https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/ceili-music-for-irish-dancing/id951988968
    VOLUME 3 - https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/ceili-music-for-irish-dancing/id951990840

Enjoy... and Merry Christmas ;)

• Are O qualification rules the same in all regions? May be moving to SR and dd has already qualified in MWR for 2015's O. Wasn't sure if she'd have to requalify in SR. -- Mum, 08:06:19 12/17/14 Wed

Replies:
  • 2015 WORLDS ADJs -- as posted on other mbs, 04:06:09 12/17/14 Wed
    Adrian Stewart
    Annie Kidd
    Phoebe OD
    Frances Curley
    Sharon OBrien
    Elaine Cavanagh
    Cian Nolan
    Sharon O'Brien
    Ciaran &Sinead Brooks
    John & Mgt Morgan

Replies:

• New dance mom mistake -- GA dance mom, 18:09:02 12/16/14 Tue
    Hi Everyone!

This was my daughter's first Oireachtas and it seems that I made a mistake and I'm hoping that someone may be able to help me out.

After my daughter didn't recall we decided to head home. I didn't realize that by leaving and not staying for awards that I wouldn't be able to get my daughter's results. Does anyone have the girls U14 results that would be willing to email them to me, please? thank you!

Replies:

• Congrats to New TCRG Sara Rhodes! We couldn't be more proud of you! Love your ACR family -- D (Joyful), 15:25:36 12/15/14 Mon
    We love you!

Replies:

• The Raleigh Feis is Open! -- February 6th and 7th, 14:30:21 12/15/14 Mon
    The Raleigh Feis is open on www.feisworx.com. Join us at the Durham Convention Center in North Carolina on Friday, February 6th (music and adult competitions) and Saturday, February 7th (teams, grades, and champs). The hotel block available is for the Durham Marriott City Center (919- 768-6000). The group rate is $121 per night and the last day to reserve a room is January 16th. The group name is 'Raleigh Feis 2015'.

More information can be found on Facebook (Raleigh Feis) or on our webpage: http://www.raleighfeis.org.

Replies:

• Congrats to Katie Francis!!! Boyle School's newest TCRG! -- Your Boyle Family (Way to go!), 10:20:34 12/15/14 Mon
    We are so proud of you and all your dance accomplishments!

Replies:

• New TCRG!!!!! -- ", 08:25:03 12/15/14 Mon
    Im so happy for the state of Virginia and the Southern Region. Just heard about a couple new teachers!!!! Congrats girls!

Replies:

• If an Open dancer doesn't recall at the O, do they still go to Nationals? -- curious, 07:12:10 12/15/14 Mon

Replies:
  • Just a reminder....Today, Monday, Dec. 15, is the last day to become eligible for the drawing for the $50 Visa giftcard to be given away at Feis New Orleans. All you have to do is register and pay TODAY to be included in the drawing. -- Bob, 05:58:36 12/15/14 Mon

Replies:
  • So we all know the 2015 Oireachtas is going to be in Dallas--any idea where 2016 will be? -- D, 17:54:48 12/14/14 Sun

Replies:
  • Wanted: Old pair of Rutherford's soft leather sole super flexible, size 5.5 wide. Will take any pair, preferably and the older the better! VA Beach, Newport News, Richmond or DC areas. -- Really need a pair! old pair was stolen! :(, 10:14:51 12/14/14 Sun

• FREE PRIORITY MAIL SHIPPING -- Irish Dance Stocking, 09:11:38 12/14/14 Sun
    Last chance to order your Irish Dance Christmas stocking. We are offering free priority shipping. To get the free shipping, please email us at irishdancestocking@gmail.com instead of ordering from the site! and we will send you a paypal invoice.

*******************************************************************************

Order a keepsake Ghillie Christmas Stocking for the special dancer in your life.

They are approximately 20" long by 7" wide at the top.
    Fully lined, personalized with your dancers name, and embellished with a red satin bow, silver jingle bell, and Swarovski crystals.

If you are a school that is interested in running a fundraiser, please email us directly at irishdancestocking@gmail.com

https://sites.google.com/site/irishdancestockings/
    (If link does not open, copy and paste to your browser)

• Is there a point of contact for items lost at the SRO? -- Me, 15:55:00 12/13/14 Sat

Replies:
  • Worlds Qualifier? What are the chances of recalling at the Worlds?DD is an young OC, but doesn't consistantly win compsTrying to justify the cost and possible disappointment of a trip to dance solos in Montreal. -- Thanks in advance for your positive comments!, 09:41:10 12/13/14 Sat

Replies:
  • What kind of things do dancers do to improve dancing outside of dance class? Need some pointers for my dd moving into preliminary. Help knowledgeable dancers and parents!!! -- Thank you for your guidance, 06:08:26 12/13/14 Sat

Replies:
    Archives: 1234 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a new public message:
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.