VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]34 ]

Irish Dance Message Board - Southern Region
Welcome to the Irish Dance Message Board for the Southern Region. This board will be moderated to maintain a friendly, fun and supportive forum - in true Southern Region style! If you read any message that you deem inappropriate please email me @ srmessageboard@yahoo.com and I will remove it at your request.....Thanks...Have fun and enjoy!

• Not sure how I feel about every comment for every dancer in grades being readily available... -- Chesapeake feis, 13:13:49 02/02/17 Thu
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Dazzling Doire Dress -- Beth Kennington (Kennington), 13:19:37 02/05/17 Sun
    Doire Dress designed by Shauna Shiels: Worn by petite U14 dancer but will fit an average U10 to U12 dancer. Primary colors are red, white and gold with black edging. White satin is a bright white (picture does not do it justice). Absolutely LOVE this dress and hate to let it go. Beautiful on stage presence. Lots of Swarovski crystals and plenty of let out room. Comes with applique cape as pictured and red satin bloomers.

Measurements:
    drop waist 28"
    natural waist 25"
    chest 27"
    front neck to hem 26"
    sleeves 23"
    skirt front 7" | skirt back 9.25"
    back shoulders 13.5"
    top zip to back hem 26.25"
    back neck to drop waist 17"

Located in Gaithersburg, MD (suburb of DC) in a smoke-free home. We have a cat and a dog, but they have never worn the dress! Shipping not included.

Pictures: https://www.usedsolodresses.com/dress/dance-and-dazzle-in-this-beautiful-doire-dress-5701.html

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Five days later and still waiting on results . -- Borders on insanity at this point., 16:57:16 02/02/17 Thu
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Chesapeake Winter Feis and Maryland Winter Feis -- Sarah, 08:33:12 01/30/17 Mon
    Good morning,

Firstly, we are very grateful to those of you in our Irish dance community who stepped up to assist our team in dealing with multiple unforeseen challenges relating to our weekends feiseanna. I am so grateful for your actions on our behalf.

Judges, teachers, musicians, parents, and dancers, thank you from the bottom of my heart for stepping up.

To our volunteers: Your job assisting with a feis is a critical one and at times, a difficult burden. This weekend was not made easier by the situations we faced but rather more difficult. You handled it with ease, patience, grace and aplomb.
    Let me outline some of the unforeseen circumstances we faced, not as an excuse, but to be deliberate and thorough in our explanation.

Eagerly anticipating our first feis, we were faced with our first setback at the very beginning of the day.

One of our musician's instruments didn't arrive, we jumped into problem solving mode in order to ensure we had all stages covered.
    The tabulation system crashed, then the internet crashed, all on Saturday morning, consequently, we hardwired all computers to ensure this wouldn't happen again.

The tabulation system glitched. When entering results, it would bump out the dancers' last score, resulting in tabulation errors. Once this was realized, judges and our team began rechecking all the results from the day by hand, verifying that they were indeed correct, and if incorrect, double checking them and providing our competitors with accurate results.

Our tabulation team and judges built a new tabulation system on Saturday evening in an attempt to expedite the results process as our volunteers and judges continued to hand tabulate and double check all results from the day.

One of our judges was called away early on Sunday because of an emergency. Our volunteers were flexible and able to arrange competitions in such a manner that our participants could keep competing in a prompt and timely fashion.

We are grateful for our team of volunteers who took no breaks for long hours and worked to ensure that every competition that went into tabulation was out and posted on Sunday before dinner despite arduous manual tabulation required for every single competition.

Additionally,
    Our tabulation software would not let us make any changes onsite, changes had to be made via phone call abroad for each competitor.

As we processed the changes and additions, the tabulation system migrated people's numbers; As the numbers migrated we had to use the numbers already in the system for scoring so dancers became confused regarding competitor numbers and name associations; our team and our judges triple checked by hand and verified all results.

For accuracy, we had to drop the system and with our judges begin manual tabulation for every competition; correcting and rechecking competitions that had already finished

The tabulation system mysteriously dropped 1 round's scores for championship results, so they had to be manually tabulated, rechecked and verified by our volunteers and judges to ensure there were no errors.

The fixed local network was incompatible with half of our computers despite prior testing and assurance.

The sound system went out on a stage; and the heating stopped working in one of the ballrooms, to say the least.
    It was indeed a hardship.

Our amazing volunteers, judges, teachers and musicians from across the community who came together and made sure that, despite many unfortunate circumstances and delays, everyone had the opportunity to dance and had manually tabulated, accurate and completed results.

We are so grateful for everyone who came to compete and to everyone including those parents who were eagerly awaiting results, who stepped up, volunteered, and provided us with words of encouragement and support.

I apologize for Saturday's lack of results for many championship competitions and we will be posting every competition's results from both days online to this page. Every dancer will receive their medals, and comments, and anyone who didn't receive them on-site will receive them by mail.

Thank you so much for everything you did to support your dancer and us this weekend and for so freely expressing both your concerns and support.

We are all in agreement, this past weekend was tumultuous. We are already implementing changes for next years feiseanna including, using professional onsite tabulation service, competition caps, vendor maps, social media outreach, designated dress sale room, additional judges and of course support from our courageous volunteers.

We really appreciate the kindness, understanding, and honestly we have received from the entire community, and are continuing to work diligently to expedite all requests received.

Sincerely,
    Sarah Deighan, President, and the Coinnigh Rince Team

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• SRO Location for this year?? -- help!, 07:58:55 02/05/17 Sun
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Heard through the grapevine that the 'draining of the swamp' will affect overseas judges coming in to 'work' in the USA. One was just denied entry here. -- Say it ain't so!, 13:15:36 02/02/17 Thu
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Very disappointed in the Chesapeake Winter Feis. -- Ticked off Senior dancer, 14:43:35 01/28/17 Sat
    Very disappointed in the Chesapeake Winter Feis. I find out that the 20&O comp was merged into 18&O. Then our stage starts late and is held because we have a girl who is "trying to day of register". Finally finish with awards at 1:45ish. Worst part was they recalled everyone, which is fine, BUT they gave the Champs little stuffed crabs and gave the PC comp NOTHING.....so basically you announced in public who got Dead Last and then have her nothing to compensate for the potential embarrassment. Unacceptable! I can't imagine how the younger PC dancer will feel if they have to go up there and then get nothing. Also when I got my scores another number was on it not the one I competed under. I'm not sure it's worth my time to go back tomorrow if this is how they are going to treat the dancers.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• ELITE DANCE DESIGNS -- Anthony Carson, 04:39:39 02/03/17 Fri
    Elite Dance Design was established in 2017 by designer Anthony Carson & Co.
    With a lengthy history within the industry both as a competitive Irish dancer and a designer for some of the industry's leading names including Elevation Design and Rising Star Designs, Anthony offers a unique mix of experience and insight into the design process. Anthony's designs are inspired by combining fashion with traditional Celtic influences, which have acted as a catalyst for his passion to push boundaries in creating industry leading designs. After gaining interest on Instagram with his personal designs the next logical step was to bring Elite Dance Design to life.

The ethos at Elite Dance Design is to put quality over quantity.
    We believe every child deserves to feel like a World Champion.
    At Elite Dance Design we deliver high quality made to measure Irish dance costumes which are unique and bespoke to each individual.

Our Elite team of highly skilled technicians have countless years of experience and work passionately to ensure the quality of our costumes are unrivalled.

www.elitedancedesigns.com
    instagram @elitedancedesigns

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Trying to book NAN's hotel and everyone I try says no longer available.. here we go again -- tried: Hilton, Double Tree, and all three marriot brands, 05:45:55 02/01/17 Wed
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Any suggestions for how to learn to count music? My DD is new to Irish dance and is having trouble counting and I am no help either. I don't even understand what I am supposed to be listening for in order to count the beats :-( -- confused, 10:17:58 01/31/17 Tue
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Did results change from Maryland feis? -- Without names only competitor numbers it is hard to tell, 05:08:27 01/31/17 Tue
    Thank you for taking the time to correct the mistakes!

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Maryland/Chesapeake Feis -- Disgusted volunteer, 16:33:24 01/30/17 Mon
    As one of the VERY FEW parents who volunteered when the need was obvious, I'd like to ask every GROWN UP who was there to actually GROW UP! That was me you yelled at...over things I had NO CONTROL OVER. That was my friend you SCREAMED AT over things she had no control
    Over. Did you volunteer to help? No!!

Shame on the mom who actually requested that another volunteer STRIP THE SASH OFF AND TAKE THE TROPHY AWAY from another young dancer because her daughter's victory was diminished as it was shared with another person.

YES! It was not pretty. But SHAME on all of you. You didn't step up...but you showed your true ugly side! I am so glad I don't know you by name. I'd be ashamed to affiliated with any of you.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Well this is rich -- ID Scam, 09:48:23 02/01/17 Wed
    The hotel is offering me a room in the block, if I agree to pay more than the block rate.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Anyone have the Open U16 results for Saturday, since names aren't on the results? -- Chesapeake Winter Feis, 02:20:19 02/02/17 Thu
    [ Edit | View ]

• I made a reservation at one of the secondary hotels and got a conf. #, but the 2 night fee has not charged to my card. Anyone else have their non-refund. fee go through yet? -- Uncertain if this worked..., 09:19:53 02/01/17 Wed
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Coinnigh Rince states that it is a non-profit. Been trying to find its Maryland state charitable organization registration and can't seem to find them listed. Anyone else locate? -- ??, 19:20:16 01/29/17 Sun
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Inishfree's 25th Annual Feis is closing in 10 days on February 10th! -- Don't miss out!, 15:51:00 01/31/17 Tue
    Get your entries in before itís too late! We have Five Oversees adjudicators, perpetual trophies, medal rounds for both Prelim and Open, sashes for first place in Prelim and top three in Open. We also offer competitions for special needs, Irish soda bread, traditional set and a treble reel for charity benefiting the Lustgarten Foundation for Pancreatic Cancer. For more info, please visit our feis web page at: http://www.inishfreeny.com/68.html. We hope to see you on the 26th!!

[ Edit | View ]

• There's a super cute Irish dance Mom t shirt on Amazon -- ., 14:40:14 01/31/17 Tue
    https://www.amazon.com/Womens-Irish-Dance-Shirt-Shoes/dp/B01MZEC2H7/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1485901656&sr=1-1&nodeID=7141123011&th=1

If you click on the brand name, it takes you to shirts for dancers and boy/guy dancers also

[ Edit | View ]

• Chesapeake/Maryland Feis Disaster -- IDMom, 08:34:40 01/30/17 Mon
    Coinnigh Rince should refund all family fees to all families AT THE VERY LEAST.....especially since each feis was expensive, as was the family fee for EACH feis. There are no words to describe Saturday and Sunday -- dumbfounded? stunned? disgusted? It was absolutely unbelievable. Let's list all the problems, shall we: (1) did not hire enough judges to cover all stages; (2) did not have proper internet connection to utilize eFeis software; (3) re-issued competitor numbers for no-shows to day-of competitors.....they announced that one dancer got 5th place and SHE WASN'T EVEN THERE TO DANCE, her competitor number had been given to another dancer that morning; (4) announced a dancer from another school that did not dance, and was not even present at feis, (5) solicited patrons and judges to calculate scores....feel free to add....

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• What hotel is the actual dancing taking place for NAN's? I have heard Riverside and Loews. Can someone with the correct answer please respond. Thanks. -- confused parent, 08:41:08 01/31/17 Tue
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Winter and Chesapeake feis -- Mama (Grateful), 17:01:38 01/29/17 Sun
    Yes, this weekend was long.
    But....I saw a lot of incredible greatness this weekend too.
    U15 dancers stepped up and ran stages without being asked. Tc's made sure that judges and musicians throughout the day had refreshments. Parents helped flip charts, and ran stages and awards, and judges hand tabulated scores after a very long day of judging.
    I'm not excusing the lack of organization. Just pointing out some great things that happened out of the goodness of their Feis hearts.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• All day volunteer for both Saturday and Sunday in Cameo -- JM, 06:10:59 01/31/17 Tue
    I just wanted to thank all of the grade level parents in Cameo this weekend who were for the most part kind, patient, and understanding. It was a long weekend but due to your attitudes I had a lovely time volunteering. Your dancers were so sweet and funny. I loved getting to know them.

[ Edit | View ]

• Who is Coinnigh Rince anyway? Flashy Website but who are they and who was responsible for this disastrous Feis? -- Frustrated family, 19:54:17 01/28/17 Sat
    I think they who seem so savvy with their Facebook posts need to come forward - they post about coming to ceili party to "Celebrate a successful feis" - what a slap in the face after delivering such in competence.

No meaningful updates or explanations throughout the day for the extreme award delays. People and kids just standing around awards area - no cares in the world as the hours ticketed by. Forget the dang excuse about the printer breaking- you could still award and tell everyone complete results would be emailed. And to say come back tomorrow??

eFeis - You better put out an explanation as to what was your role and what was not. Your getting dragged thru the mud too.

No one to stand up and take accountability for this. So who is accountable - can anyone offer an apology??? Who is the responsible leader of this organization? Is it even a legit org?...beginning to wonder?

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Chesapeake Maryland Feis -- Realistic, 05:27:15 01/30/17 Mon
    Would you ever write the following restaurant review: Check out this restaurant where sometimes you get your food and sometimes you don't. You have to wait a really long time, but bring your family, make a day of it. Sometimes the customers pitch in to help serve the food because the restaurant doesn't always have enough staff. When you do get your food, it doesn't even taste that great, but you should try it.
    NOOOOO!!!! No one would ever think it's okay to spend their time and money on such a thing! While I appreciate people trying to see the bright side, we all paid the most we've ever paid for a feis, and for what? Not enough judges, no tabulation crew, no awards, nothing. This is not okay. We are still waiting for results from SATURDAY! People are commenting how nice it was for people to jump into the tabulation room to help- do you not see how this illegitimizes results?? Judges calculating scores - um, conflict of interest. 13 year olds calculating scores?? Not okay! This organization needs to come forward, put out a sincere apology covering all details and why they planned a two day feis, with grade exams, and a ceili party, when they knew ahead of time they didn't have the bandwidth to pull it off. They should be banned from ever running a feis again. And at the very least - give us our results!! I could care less about a candy bar, crab, or trophy, but the result is the bare minimum!!!

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Am I missing something? Why can't I find a list of the hotels in the block for NANs anywhere. Other years I've seen maps included showing how far everything is and this year there seems to be nothing. -- dd, 17:50:01 01/30/17 Mon
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Maryland & Chesapeake Feis in a Nutshell -- -Please fix for next year!, 17:32:10 01/29/17 Sun
    -Before the Feis - Expensive Feis. Age groups combined sometimes with 2-3 age groups. Emails not answered quickly. Several incorrect schedules. Problems with the hotel booking.

-Friday - No one to receive the vendors on Friday night. No one had thought of where to put the vendors because they forgot about them. No certificates for the Grade Exam candidates. Late picking up judges from the airport.

-Saturday - People stood in line for over an hour to register for "on the day" registration. No dress rack for the costumes, asked the hotel for coat racks and set them up in the middle of the champ/grade results room (which was actually a highly-trafficked thoroughfare and was very cramped.) No one preparing trophies or medals for grade prizes or champ prizes until kids were asked to help/jumped in to help. No system set up to track what grade prizes had been handed out - papers everywhere. Not enough people to manage stages and people stuck running stages for hours. Not enough people tabulating when they finally did get the computers running. Comps tabulated not in the order that they finished. No one doing hospitality for the judges/musicians. Not enough judges - one stage started several hours late. Several volunteers walked off the job in frustration. No one doing social media. No prizes for the Preliminary Champ placers (except top 3.) Grade exam results posted in public areas where people were camping right underneath the results - volunteers had to climb over people just to post them. Stages started late and ran late. Results tabulated incorrectly. Results lost. Many announcements made about when things were going to happen or what would happen but never actually happened or were untrue. No one to judge the soda bread so ADs were grabbed to do it. ADs helping with tabulation and announcing awards by the end of the night. Many results not tabulated by the end of the evening. Venue was lovely but too small - very cramped in the grades room and food/vendor/results area.

-Sunday - Much better. A dress room appeared, more volunteers helping out, more timely. Most people got their results; Downside - People from Saturdays comps finished receiving their champ results by 12pm. Still not enough judges - had to pull ADs who were there just to watch. Still no prizes for Preliminary Champ placers. Long waits for certain Grade results towards the end of the day. Simone (who had graciously stepping in to run social media but ended up announcing the awards) taking the brunt of upset parents who had waited a long time for results.

Hope it goes better next year - It was a fantastic idea and a fantastic time of the year to offer it - sincerely wish the organizers the best of luck in future endeavors.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Worlds Host Hotel PLEASE two dancers on different days -- Mom to two dancers, 10:01:34 01/30/17 Mon
    Does anyone by any chance have a room at the host hotel they don't need? I have two dancers dancing one on Sunday and one on Tuesday and it would be so convenient to have a room at the host hotel rather than having to get a cab twice... I know everyone wants that!

** On a side note..... I sure wish they would open the block when everyone has figured out they qualified....

[ Edit | View ]

• It's almost time for The Devil Went Down to Georgia Treble Reel! Register for Feis Na Tara at www.ifeis.net before February 4th to avoid a late fee. Same great feis, same great Venue! Book in the room block until the 3rd for great $89room rate. Link inside. -- FEIS NA TARA, 09:59:44 01/30/17 Mon
    http://www.marriott.com/meeting-event-hotels/group-corporate-travel/groupCorp.mi?resLinkData=Feis%20Na%20Tara%202017%5EATLAP%60fdifdia%6089.00%60USD%60false%604%602/14/17%602/22/17%602/3/17&app=resvlink&stop_mobi=yes

More information is available at our website www.feisnatara.org or on our faccebook page.

[ Edit | View ]

• Looking for s room for worlds to purchase April 12 through 15 or 16 -- Desperate, 09:56:41 01/30/17 Mon
    Please help!!!!

[ Edit | View ]

• Stay home tomorrow! -- SR momma, 19:28:32 01/28/17 Sat
    If you were not here today at Ches feis stay home on Sunday. It's NOT worth it. Save yourself the hassle and chalk the 50.00 or so loss up as a whole day with your family!! Only top THREE got something... and you probably heard about that rest of cluster... even if E feis was down the whole experience really sucked. My child placed top half in a champ comp but got nothing, not even scores!!!

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• How's it going today? Updates? Better? Worse? -- Curious, 09:55:16 01/29/17 Sun
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Thank you King O'Sullivan for a great feis! Raised treble kote stages for all levels, sashes,and beautiful crystal. -- We'll be back, 10:08:55 01/29/17 Sun
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • So fustrated at the Chesaprake Feis! Over 5 hrs for results and inquiries are completely blown offf! This absolutely the poorest run feis not tot mention worst venue. -- Ticked Off!, 12:57:23 01/28/17 Sat
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Maryland Feis -- Feis Mom (Mad), 13:58:00 01/29/17 Sun
    Aggravated that dancers did not receive there comments about there dancing.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Will results be posted anywhere for the double Maryland feis? Wondering about results for Prelim U17 both days. Anyone know? -- Thanks!, 16:08:52 01/29/17 Sun
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Winne S for pc u14 comps? -- Thx, 18:50:03 01/29/17 Sun
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Looking for room at CityWest for April 12th -- S.R. Mom, 13:20:11 01/29/17 Sun
    Need a room for just one night April 12th. Anything is fine.

[ Edit | View ]

• Anyone have a room in city west for worlds they want to sell? -- Worlds mom, 16:34:30 01/28/17 Sat
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • U18 open champ? Are results being posted anywhere? -- Chesapeake winter feis results, 15:35:12 01/28/17 Sat
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Chesapeake Feis, can't even begin to say how disappointed we are, we came with plenty of patience knowing it's their first time out but NEVER again! 5 hours with no results, completely unacceptable...so ummm refund please? -- Very unhappy feis attendee, 19:17:25 01/28/17 Sat
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • longshot, but still looking for a room at CityWest from 4/8 - 4/16 :) -- Katie B, 19:26:40 01/28/17 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

• Chesepeake Feis -- Please post the results prelim!, 15:46:18 01/28/17 Sat
    Kids need to know how they did tonight, they can go to bed and think of how to improve. Also - if a dancer in the southern region has a second first they are out tomorrow (if previous first was in 2016)
    We do double headers for second chances and to learn from day one.
    Please reconsider your decision to post after tomorrows comps!

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

Main index ] [ Archives: 1[2]34 ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.