VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

Irish Dance Message Board - Southern Region
Welcome to the Irish Dance Message Board for the Southern Region. This board will be moderated to maintain a friendly, fun and supportive forum - in true Southern Region style! If you read any message that you deem inappropriate please email me @ srmessageboard@yahoo.com and I will remove it at your request.....Thanks...Have fun and enjoy!

• Has anyone used the Celticore Pilates online studio? -- curious if it was useful, see they have an Xmas special, 13:46:38 12/12/16 Mon
    thanks

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• One complaint about a very well-run oireachtas -- It's about the kids, 20:35:15 12/05/16 Mon
    The announcing at awards was a MESS. The mess-up with the age group that got called top 10 and thought they wq and then not all of them did, missing calling the wq and nq and a lot of confusion about that, looooong pauses between calling numbers while they figured stuff out and the wq girls were up there waiting already stressed about their results, forgetting to call wq forward after the other numbers were called and the girls who got called before they pulled them forward barely getting a photo op or cheer, etc. and aside from all the stupid errors there was a lot of rudeness from the announcers and the extremely unprofessional comments about dancer/school names, hair color etc that ruined the surprise for them. Not all the announcers were that bad but some really embarrassed themselves. Let's not forget that these are kids who have worked so much for this and are having extremely emotional/ stressful moments on stage in front of thousands of people. It's not fair for them for the announcers to be that sloppy. If one age group you forget to call the first two NQ or something, ok everyone makes mistakes, but especially Sunday I think every girls group had some announcing mistake in it. Really this O was great and I don't have too many complaints but the announcers put a bad taste in my mouth. There has to be a better way to give them the results so it's more obvious who qualified for what and no one gets skipped or called at the wrong time...or get someone to announce who will pay more attention. And I really don't ever want to hear the snarky comments again. Congrats to all for a great O but I just needed to vent

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Next SRO location - did I hear the announcer say Orlando? -- anyone confirm, 04:00:41 12/06/16 Tue
    Thought it was Atlanta....

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• New blog from https://confessionsofanirishdancemum.wordpress.com/ -- Happy Christmas from London, 18:59:46 12/17/16 Sat
    [ Edit | View ]

• But the OC entry fee is $50. that is already higher and then $25 family fee -- I found out where my line is for costs and this one crosses it., 07:30:53 12/13/16 Tue
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • NEW Online Training Institute for Irish Dancers who Want Better Technique and Better Results -- Ellen@Target_Training, 15:45:17 12/16/16 Fri
    Target Training Online Institute makes Irish dancers stronger and more powerful. You will learn to target and train the specific muscles for better turn out, higher leaps, louder rhythm and more. The streaming curriculum is accessible anywhere and at any time. Get better results and boost your confidence!

Limited time offer - now thru December 31st
    Use code SUBSCRIBE2016
    Visit - http://institute.targettrainingdance.com

[ Edit | View ]

• Any new Southern Region TCRGs/ADCRGs?! -- Exam results out today, 07:40:52 12/12/16 Mon
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Excellent news, everyone! There's still time to place an order at www.feisnstuff.com and receive FREE SHIPPING! Just enter the code "MerryChristmas" (all one word) at checkout. There is no minimum amount, all orders to US addresses will ship for free. Just today and tomorrow! Check out our gifts, jewelry, medal banners, and Irish Dance clothing for American Girl dolls. -- Sonia, 09:02:23 12/15/16 Thu
    [ Edit | View ]

• Last day for guaranteed delivery by Christmas! -- Sparkling Stepper, 13:43:53 12/14/16 Wed
    Today (12/14/16) is the last day to order gifts for your dancer with guaranteed Christmas delivery! Check out sparklingstepper.com/shop for the latest practice gear, including the new 2017 World Qualifier practice tee!

[ Edit | View ]

• Efeis -- dancer, 09:26:42 12/14/16 Wed
    Not familiar with efeis, but have registered for the Chesapeake/Maryland feises. Now that I've registered, is there any way to check how many competitors there are? I can't find that info anywhere. I could see the confirmed and unconfirmed numbers before I submitted registration. I'm assuming I'm just not looking in the right place. Any suggestions?

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Chesapeake Feis...$25 family fee....is this common? -- almost $80 to enter one comp...think may be skipping this one, 13:42:49 12/11/16 Sun
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • ***RALEIGH FEIS REGISTATION NOW OPEN*** More info inside! -- RaleighFeisSocialMedia (Excited), 06:25:54 12/14/16 Wed
    ***THE 2017 RALEIGH FEIS IS OPEN FOR REGISTRATION ******

Please go to http://www.feisworx.com/ to register!

Please note that ALL teams competitions will be held on Friday evening, this is a change from previous years.
    Also, new caps year--- 500 grade cap and 250 championship cap!

Please share this post and invite your friends to "like" this page for access to the most accurate, up to date information!
    If you have any questions, please let us know!

We can't wait to see you in February!

[ Edit | View ]

• Raleigh Feis -- when's registration? DD ready to Feis in '17! Love your Feis! -- Tnx!, 20:52:40 12/13/16 Tue
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Cass Academy now in Florida! Who will be their permanent TCRG? -- --Pretty cool!, 15:08:33 12/12/16 Mon
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Does anyone know if there is a fee associated with the two columbia feises for changes. Don't know if new steps are going to be ready in time so may dance old ones and want to know if I will be able to change it in a couple weeks.I looked on the syllabus and website and saw nothing so thought I'd try here. Also, does anyone know if they are doing medal rounds? Syllabus and website have little info. Thanks! -- curious parent, 19:19:21 12/07/16 Wed
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Feis Na Cara is now open for entries on Feisweb. The Feis takes place on January 8th near Philadelphia. -- AMS, 22:46:47 12/07/16 Wed
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • To the U15 dancer (LOQC school, my apologies about not remembering your name) who was so gracious to my dd thank you. I feel I need to highlight her positivity and this young girls heart. Her encouragement and care for my child made me realize that this is the spirit of ID. My daughter didn't recall and she did but still came to comfort my child. -- Very deserving of a sportsmanship award, 18:57:44 12/07/16 Wed
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Raleigh Feis registration opening soon! -- Raleighfeissocialmedia, 19:15:40 12/06/16 Tue
    Hey Southern Region!
    Congrats on another successful Oireachtas!!
    Please keep your eyes open for 2017 Raleigh Feis registration opening next week! Registration will be through Feisworx!
    Hope to see a lot of you in Raleigh on February 10th and 11th!

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Some SRO statistics: Congrats to these schools with 4 or more podium placers (girls) -- will do boys #'s later, 12:29:06 12/07/16 Wed
    Teelin: 8
    Inishfree: 8
    Broesler: 8
    Drake: 7
    Southern: 5
    Baffa: 4
    Well done!

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• FEIS SAN FRANCISCO, California--- Mark your calendars! Feis SF is February 18th-19th 2017 at St. Mary's Cathedral Conference Center. More info to come on Feisinfo.com and our facebook page -- Golden State Feis, San Francisco, will be April 1-2, 2017, 12:28:15 12/12/16 Mon
    [ Edit | View ]

• King O'Sullivan Winter feis -- Ann, 06:19:01 12/07/16 Wed
    Does anyone know if the OC stage for the King O'Sullivan Feis runs youngest to oldest or oldest to youngest? Thanks in advance!

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• What are the requirements to dance at the O? Do you have to be a certain level? -- Just wondering after the weekend. I have heard many things., 11:15:22 12/05/16 Mon
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Do TCs sign a code of conduct agreement? -- Do they expire?, 12:42:34 12/07/16 Wed
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Is there a list of judges any where for the Krewe of Eire Feis? -- Thank you, 10:41:35 12/06/16 Tue
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Amazed at success of schools with instructors from dance shows! Recalls from two schools greater than 15-20% of recallers in some age groups! Older schools need to pay attention to trend, as their results must be disappointing! -- ., 14:01:36 12/04/16 Sun
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Need Something More -- NO NEGATIVITY (Sad), 18:22:27 12/05/16 Mon
    Long story cut short we are looking for something more in NC after O...... I am sad I cannot and will not say where we are now:I am happy..... dancer is not. Dancer cried for hours over bad result for the third year we have been making attempts to get what dancer needs from current situation. Who came out on top of the nc schools? want facts not opinions........... trying to make a decision soon. Willing to drive anywhere within 2hrs for class.... driving long distance as is. Be respectful.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Judging -- Feis fan, 18:53:39 12/02/16 Fri
    OMG -- So sorry Senior Ladies about the horrible judging. Marks are insane and do not reflect the true results. So sorry ladies .

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Very upset with U19 awards announcement last night. Only girl comp to call up top10 and not just WQ. Very confusing for the dancers and caused more upset than necessary. An announcement prior to the change in the way things are usually called would've be appropriate -- --, 05:47:56 12/04/16 Sun
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Are any Southern Region teachers judging Worlds 2017? I have a dd who was so close to qualifying this year. -- Thank you., 10:55:23 12/06/16 Tue
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • Awards night 1 -- civility out of the window! Trash all over the ballroom, kids all over the place. Please!!! Announcers! Someone -- remind folks @ cleaning up their sh**! -- ... Inside....., 19:42:36 12/02/16 Fri
    Apologies to Hilton staff. ID is not making a name for itself with the way the ballroom was tonight ... and kids climbing up walls, no parental responsibility to be seen, kids standing on chairs, bottles everywhere.

Apologies to Baltimore, and it's only day 1. And stop standing on chairs if you are over 18!

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• How do fays hard shoe sizes compare fo Antonio pacelli? -- Need new shoes, 16:42:57 12/07/16 Wed
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • LOST PANDORA AND ALEX & ANI BRACELET SRO -- KM, 09:23:09 12/07/16 Wed
    Saturday night at awards my clear plastic wig bag was left with a Pandora bracelet (silver, about 10 charms) and a silver Claddagh Alex & Ani bracelet. Please text 941-350-6557 if you found these bracelets. Thank you!!

[ Edit | View ]

• King O'Sullivan is there a feis rate for hotel?? I cant find a website that has any info... -- Dancemomma, 15:51:49 12/03/16 Sat
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:
    Main index ] [ Archives: 123[4] ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.