VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]8910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12:34:04 01/24/02 Thu
Author: PuppyBreath
Author Host/IP: bc-van-tri-a53-01-46.look.ca / 216.66.143.46
Subject: New to Site/ Hi/ Montreal Corned Beef

corned beef, in Montreal, is legendary (as are the bagels)... there is NOTHING to compare here on the WET coast (BC)...
some of it, i'm sure is the thinness of the slices and, of course, there's the 3" pile of it on the tasty rye bread and the mustard... oh, moist, oh la la la... meltingly tender
i'd like to make this (and the smoked variety pastrami) from scratch and i know there are recipes on the web and in the big green egg archives (i've previewed a number) but i'd like a hand up from someone who has worked this vein and made some progress...TIA
Puppy
PS Steve Raichlen has a pastrami turkey recipe that i tried and it was a disappointment and, as with my other failures, it ended up in the soup pot...

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.