VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 05:25:43 11/09/15 Mon
Author: Bummed Out
Subject: Re: Let's be fair about this
In reply to: Garage Rocker 's message, "Re: Let's be fair about this" on 19:40:23 11/08/15 Sun

I take issue with none of what you have said, and I am well aware, despite some apparent skepticism, that "broadcasting is a business." This isn't foundation-endowed-listener supported 90.5 WESA we're talking about. There is nothing inherently wrong with news and talk. There are constant dialogues on the "Pittsburgh TV-Radio Discussion Forum" about the current state of 1020. I think they could do a better job improving the QUALITY of the existing format AND, I believe, make money.

There are a small group, I'm sure, who would love to see it go back to the music format it abandoned nearly 25 years ago. In its time it was great. But that's not realistic, either. AM is no longer a viable format for music in the 21st Century as it was for most of the 20th. And yes, the long-term future of terrestrial radio is highly uncertain.

CBS should entrust the HISTORY of KDKA and chronicling it online to someone who cares about that heritage and about getting it right. It's tragically clear their current executives really don't give a damn.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Re: Let's be fair about this -- Radio Vet, 22:47:27 11/09/15 Mon
  • Re: Let's be fair about this -- Foster Plaza, 04:18:01 11/10/15 Tue
  • Revenue or Profit? -- Garage Rocker, 06:55:24 11/10/15 Tue

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.