VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 06:37:52 07/18/11 Mon
Author: Ileana
Subject: Get a Friend to Work with You
In reply to: V Fossum 's message, "Keuring! scary! Won't trot ^^;" on 14:16:54 07/15/11 Fri

I feel your pain and here is my experience. My Friesian did the exact same thing as a 2 years old. He would run ahead then slow down and the handler would either be dragged or he would drag behind. Like your horse, he too is not lazy but I think that he just didnít get it. He is going to the keuring as a four year old and currently moves in-hand superbly but was trained by a professionally. I AM NOT A TRAINER and I didnít watch the in-hand training process. His keuring training right now has intensified and is reinforced daily by running to the stall after a riding/driving/Lunging session, running to the wash rack, running to the farrier, etc. My only thought is maybe having a friend work with you to trail behind the horse with a noise maker as you work him in-hand. They may have to gently tap his hocks with a whip. I know it would put your mind at ease to see him strut his stuff at home first before the big event. I hope that someone with knowledge response to your inquire. I wish you and your horse the best of luck and like you said the runners at the keuring will get him to move.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.