VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 06:37:52 07/18/11 Mon
Author: Ileana
Subject: Get a Friend to Work with You
In reply to: V Fossum 's message, "Keuring! scary! Won't trot ^^;" on 14:16:54 07/15/11 Fri

I feel your pain and here is my experience. My Friesian did the exact same thing as a 2 years old. He would run ahead then slow down and the handler would either be dragged or he would drag behind. Like your horse, he too is not lazy but I think that he just didnít get it. He is going to the keuring as a four year old and currently moves in-hand superbly but was trained by a professionally. I AM NOT A TRAINER and I didnít watch the in-hand training process. His keuring training right now has intensified and is reinforced daily by running to the stall after a riding/driving/Lunging session, running to the wash rack, running to the farrier, etc. My only thought is maybe having a friend work with you to trail behind the horse with a noise maker as you work him in-hand. They may have to gently tap his hocks with a whip. I know it would put your mind at ease to see him strut his stuff at home first before the big event. I hope that someone with knowledge response to your inquire. I wish you and your horse the best of luck and like you said the runners at the keuring will get him to move.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.