VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 19:18:02 05/14/13 Tue
Author: Sharon (Kids are so Worried)
Subject: Straight swollen leg with curled toes on straddle legged chick

I sent you an email with pics but thought I'd post here as well in case it could help others. Iíve been to voy.com and canít find this particular problem. I was hoping you could help me. This chick hatched on Friday with a little help. Itís three siblings died in shell before sack was pulled in so I couldnít have helped them hatch. But he was straddle legged to either side. I was out of town over weekend and my brother didnít know what to do. On Monday after researching I put a band-aid hobble on his legs, but he fell to his side and couldnít get up. So more research and I ended up putting him in a coffee cup on a sock so he would be able to get traction and left him in the cup (feeding and watering every so often). Today I took the hobble off him because he still refused to stand. This is what I observe. His left leg seems normal, bends at all the right places. His right leg remains straight and his feet curled he will not stand on it and will not bend it. It is moveable because he kicks with it when on his back (albeit straight even while kicking). Both legs tend to kick out to the side. When I put him on his feet and push the feet to the correct position under him, the right foot kicks out and the left foot pushes him over on his side. I think that if the right foot were held stationary he would go in circles. In the pictures you can see how the right foot does not bend, it seems straight and pointed in the correct direction. It is slightly swollen and darker than the other leg. It had purplish toenails, but I massaged the leg and bent the joint (gently without force) and now the nails are clear but leg is darker. I hope you can help.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.