VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]89 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:04
Author: Anonymous - 21 Oct 2001
Subject: Re: Who do you believe?
In reply to: Anonymous - 21 Oct 2001 's message, "Who do you believe?" on 08:02

The 28-page tabloid newspaper passed out at Convocation this year (2001) is another of Ananda’s attempts to damage Self-Realization Fellowship, the organization founded by Paramahansa Yogananda in 1920. Ananda distributed a similar publication in 1995, and SRF’s response, as many of you know, is available at: http://www.friendsofsrf.com These SRF letters are very much worth reading and answers many of the same issues Ananda is invoking now.

To me, these attacks on SRF are an attempt to damage Master’s work itself, not just the organization he founded to carry it on. SRF honors, in everything they do, Paramahansa Yogananda’s plan and directions for his work. (there is also, I understand a new videotape recently put out of Mrinalini Mata, that also touches on the instructions close direct disciples were given by Master for the unfoldment of His work).

Ananda follows the lead of J. Donald Walters, who considers himself a channel for Yogananda. I’ve never noticed the need for a middleman between me and my Guru and thank SRF for giving me these teachings with no strings attached.

A few years ago, a couple I knew visited Ananada and took the opportunity to attend an Ananda open house. Shortly after, they told me an interesting story: Their Ananda tour guide had informed them that SRF was a dying organization and that had completely failed to spread Master’s teachings. In addition, they were told Ananda was ready to take over when SRF collapsed, and bring Master’s teachings into the new millennium.

Don Walter’s intentions couldn’t have been made clearer.

Ananda says it wants to get Master’s unpublished works published sooner than SRF is doing it. But look at Ananda’s track record on this. Ananda’s version of Master’s interpretation of The Rubaiyat, edited by Don Walters’ and published with Yogananda’s name as author was a dismal mishmash. This editing job makes Master’s work sound as though it was written by Walters. I’d rather wait for SRF’s editors to do their painstaking and careful work and publish books that preserve our Gurus’s writings. Ananda supplants all Yogananda’s writings and teachings with those of Walters’- Walters’ 14 steps, Festival of Light, etc.. These are not just editing revisions but deliberate attempts to divert attention towards Mr. Walters.

These attacks on SRF are not worthy of devotees of Paramahansa Yogananda. The Ananda people are under the delusive sway of Walters and his top leadership.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.