VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 23:43:23 06/28/15 Sun
Author: Patty
Subject: Lamp Bird Bath

No instructions, but doesn't look to be too difficult.
Patty

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/try-this-make-a-bird-bath-from-an-unloved-lamp-168887

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Lamp Bird Bath -- Linda Ohio now GA, 09:44:21 06/29/15 Mon [1]

Oh my, I love those. My only fear would be the wind blowing them over and the glass breaking from the ones with the glass bottoms. The brass bottomed lamps would be best. We made our two birdbaths from heavy plastic planters and the round dish (planter drain tray) put on top. We glued them all together with a silicone glue and they have lasted now for several years.

I took an old brass tall table lamp and attached a planter filled with sand to the top, then painted "Put Your Butts Here" on it. It is still at the end of our sidewalk.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Lamp Bird Bath -- Patty, 23:18:30 07/01/15 Wed [1]

I think you're right, Linda! I'd be afraid the glass ones would break in the wild winds we have here. Wonder if filling the glass bottoms with sand or rocks would give it enough weight to stabilize it? Guess it would still depend on how strong the winds are. I just thought it was clever use of lamp bottoms. I always see the lamp bottoms at Goodwill, but rarely do they have shades. Guess they get too brittle with the light bulb heat.
Clever "ashtray" you made!!! Like the saying, too!
Patty

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Lamp Bird Bath -- Linda Ohio now GA, 10:03:06 07/02/15 Thu [1]

Patty, on that ciggie butts planter pot I also painted on two bare butts. LOL

[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.