VoyForums

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]
Subject: Re: Depression and Dyslexia

Author:
Carly
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 16:24:00 02/08/13 Fri
In reply to: Joan 's message, "Depression and Dyslexia" on 19:34:47 03/03/10 Wed

Hi I am 16. I have got dyslexia. I was tested for dyslexia when I was 9! I find it hard living with dyslexia. As my exams are coming up in a couple of months I have been really depressed and feel hopeless. I just keep crying and not wanting to study. Sometimes I feel that on one understands what it's like to grow up with dyslexia and reading these comments make me feel better because it is a common thing. I want to tell people like family and friends how I feel but I feel they won't understand. When I am older I want to work with children who have dyslexia not only help them but support them and hopefully make them confidened.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Depression and Dyslexia

Author:
Anne (Happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:00:46 01/15/14 Wed

I am 44yrs old. I graduated from college and am an occupational therapist. When I think back on my education I cry because it was so challenging. I definitely feel that depression runs hand in hand with dyslexia. I do however believe that to some degree dyslexia is a gift. It is however difficult in this world to see the world differently then others. I feel like I can somehow manage what's on my plate. I however was so sad to realize that my son is also dyslexic. I know the mountain that stands in front of him. I watch him for any signs of depression and anxiety and will not hesitate to get him help.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.