VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]789 ]
Subject: Latest Political Development in Enga

Author:
Naro
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Mon, Mar 19 2007, 07:22:48pm

Guys,

Just heard from home that Kundapen K Talyanga has backed down from contesting the coming election to support Paul P Torato for the Enga Regional Seat. It has been confirmed that KKTalyanga has built a 'political house' for PPTorato at Aipus, Central Wabag.

Naro

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Latest Political Development in Enga

Author:
KLagaipT3
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, Mar 19 2007, 07:29:44pm

This is good news indeed! I appreciate the fact that our leading elites are joining forces to battle Ipatas for the betterment of Enga. Talyanga has always had my respect and if what you say is true, my full support and vote is going to Torato. Ladies and gents, let's give Torato one last go at office before it's too late for Enga!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Latest Political Development in Enga

Author:
Mad Max
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, Mar 29 2007, 10:14:01pm

Torato again.....he was your average household name in the early 80s,was'nt he? Its more than 20 years now, Man alive..., you can't raise a death man from the grave! He's gone and finished,his best bet is to wish that one day he'll go down in the history books of Enga as leader,not that he did anything significant.

Mad Max......

Author:
Save pinis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Mar 20 2007, 10:14:05am

Paul Pakenege Torato has had his chance already and has been proven to be nothing more than a thief and visionless.

Let someone else like the Catholic priest put up a challenge to Ipatas

Author:
I agree with you
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Mar 20 2007, 10:32:15am

Go Catholic Priest - Vote for Father Paul Kanda. This Priest is a no nonsense leader and strong advocate of human rights, equality, prosperity and tangible development.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Mar 20 2007, 02:33:54pm

Enga has had enough of Peter Ipatas. Enga also has had enough of the same recycled politicians like Paul Torato and others. Enga needs a new and fresh face for this election at the helm of the province.

Somebody who can bring ingenuity, creativity and vision into administration of the province. Somebody who is ready to take Enga into the 21st century.

I am not aware of any other (new) candidates for Enga regional, apart from the ones who have gone past their used-by date, but I am sure one cadidate will fit the criteria and Enga must vote him into power. There will be suitable candiate out there who will rise to the occassion.

The same goes to the open seats. Enga needs new and fresh face at those seats. We must do away with the currrent MPs and get in new faces.

If any group of ethnic PNGeans is going to change PNG, I believe it is us the Enga people. It is the leaders who we will chose into power this year that will lead PNG into the 21st century.

So Enga must be decisive and elect only new and fresh faces with proven track-record into power.

Enough is Enough with the old, recycled leaders who have lived past their used-by date.

paul.

Author:
For cleric
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wed, Mar 21 2007, 12:33:07pm

The Fr. Robert Lak must not be labelled with the other emerging clerics. They are never the same in their performance as individuals. Fr. Lak entered the political scenario with an overwhelming support ending the richest man of the pacific's contineous greed and monopoly. But that is not the point. What he did is not Enga's problems; we have our own problems created by our leaders. If an Engan cleric goes in, true enough he may not have the wealth to do so. But when it comes in terms of social reponsibilities, then clerics are wealthy, for they are trained to be shephereds of the people.

If however this cleric enters the scenario, why can't you educated elits of Enga team up with him? He may have heard the cries of the people of enga, maybe he has a JUST reason or maybe this is God's will. Who knows, only God alone write perfect on crooked lines. Politics appears to be the game to be won by the number. If the clerics win, then I guess you guys out there, Enga's elite, the educated, it will be your responsibility to provide him with some constructive advise. The late Fr. Robert Lak missed that. Hagens left him on his own.

Lets not conclude now, though we are free to say what we want to say about the candidates.

For Cleric

Author:
Naro
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Mar 20 2007, 02:49:14pm

Guys, take it easy. All of who use this forum seem to have a common interest, that is to elect in leaders who can bring in tangible developments into our electorates and province. However, we have to be realistic anyway. If we want to make in impact in the outcome of this GE, we have to go to Enga and preach what we preach here. The real Engans who are going to vote do not know what we are preaching here. Given these facts, Paul Torato is Enga's choice at the moment regardless of his fast 10 years of doing nothing. But guys, that time Enga's purse wasn't like it is today!

Be real and see real.

Naro

Author:
KLagaipT3
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wed, Mar 21 2007, 10:33:46am

I agree with you Naro! Back in Torato's day, the province wasn't as cash stripped as it is today. And after over 10 years of being among the ordinary people, I'm sure Torato is wealthier and wiser. One thing for sure, West Enga is behind Torato for Enga Regional and Philip Kikala for Lagaip/Porgera. It's a collaboration of like-minded leaders and people.

If we elect Catholic priests, there's no telling what could happen next. The late Father Robert Lak didn't put on a good and radical show during his term as WHP Governor. Emerging and new politicians regardless of their cleric or social responsibilities tend to get blown away by the sudden surge of wealth and power that they indulge lustfully in them with greed.

Torato already has wealth and is all the more wiser. At least I can rest assured he won't be using the opportunity to rule as a get-rich quick campaign.

Author:
Enga
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wed, Mar 21 2007, 12:55:13pm

Father Paul Kanda!!! Vote 1

Author:
save pinis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wed, Mar 21 2007, 02:06:52pm

Leaders are judged by what legacy they leave behind.
In this respect, what are Paul Paken Torato's hallmarks for his 10-year reign?

The worn-out excuse of not having enough money to deal with at the time is BASELESS. At that time, the PNG Kina value was on par with the USD and way off stronger than the Aussie dollars. There was so much that one could do and buy given what they had at the time.

Comparing Father Paul Kanda to Fr Robert Lak of Western Highland's performance is like trying to twist ropes that are made of different fabrics. This is like in essence making comparisons between Ipatas and Wingti. The religious nametag isn't sufficient to make generalisations.

Father Paul Kanda is an Engan who is cut out of a different fabric as an individual. His shepherd spirit that desires the best for ALL is what we need these days irrespective whatever affiliations they have.

Let this priest a chance

Author:
KLagaipT3
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wed, Mar 21 2007, 04:18:28pm

I guess that's up to the people decide! We'll see.. For now, I'd be satisfied if Ipatas is removed one way or the other. My first vote still goes to Torato though and maybe the second could go to the good Father Kanda.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Latest Political Development in Enga

Author:
Just like Torato
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Mar 27 2007, 08:28:00am

You are no better than Torato, just the same

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Latest Political Development in Enga

Author:
KLagaipT3
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Mar 27 2007, 12:00:17pm

What did you say?? No, you mean Torato is better and bigger than you!! No need to get emotional over my personal views. As I said, we'll let the people decide whether Torato and I are no better than you and your candidate..

May democracy prevail.

Author:
Naro
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wed, Mar 21 2007, 06:03:36pm

The most prestige and high profilic position that anyone could desire in his/here humble heart would be to become a Priest and proclaim the life giving message of God Almighty. Proclaim God's message throughout Enga and PNG and save the people from going to Hell when the judgement day comes instead of getting into politics. Let's not mix politics with religion. God has a calling for each one of us and let's identify what that calling is, instead of all of us dreaming to become an MP to change Enga and PNG. I therefore would like to suggest the Father to commit his effort and resources into the ministry of Jesus Christ and preach the true gospel.

With regard to Paul P Torato, he may be doomed as a crook for non performance during his fast 10 year terms, however the fact will remain that provincial purse that time was unlike these days (although the Kina was performing well with the US$ and A$ that time at the macro level). There were two representations (the provincial Premier and provincial Regional) working on the same budget before the amendment of the organic law. From current political gossips and happenings in Enga, Paul P Torato is undoubtly the choice of Enga unseating godfather Ipatas. Just go to Enga (or call you friends and relatives in Engan and PNG in this matter) and they will confirm this. Paul P Torato is definitely in for the Enga Governorship and Philip K Kikala is in for Lagaip Porgera. It's time for West Enga to change Enga.

Sincerely,
Naro

Author:
Mioks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, Mar 22 2007, 12:35:43pm

Naro...Paul Torato tu lokim Ambum/Kompiam ya! Ambum/Kopiam is chicken tired of Ipatas and Pundari.

mioks

Author:
Ipili Watch Dog (Ipili Watch Dog)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sun, Apr 01 2007, 07:13:37pm

Naro,

You have pointed out some interesting comments and I advice you to continue on the same spirit thru to the next General Election. You have specificly mentioned Philip K Kikala a candidate for the Laigap - Porgera Electorate, I guess he's from Laiagam. Don't forget that Porgerans are part and parcel of Laigap - Porgera Electorate and we need to work together to achieve a common goal. I do not personally know what background and qualification P K Kikala have, but I believe he's one of our interllectuals. In Porgera we do have some good number of interllectuals, however, one of them has come out publicly to contest the Laiagap/Porgera Seat. He is Bill K Kuala, an he is the ONLY pioneer interllectual in the Porgera Valley. I believe it's high time now for interllectuals to move Enga Forward and see tangible developments. Enga is resource rich but very poor in infracture development, only the interllectuals has the capacity to unbound Enga from Economic and Development Constraints.

[> [> [> Subject: PK for Lagaip/Porgera Open 2007

Author:
KLagaipT3
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sun, Apr 01 2007, 11:58:14pm

Citizens of Lagaip/Porgera:

I'm campaigning on behalf of my father (Philip Kapusa Kikala) for the Lagaip/Porgera Open seat 2007 because I believe in him. I never fully appreciated what my father was up to in politics as a former top bureaucrat under the Morauta government (National Planning Secretary 2000-2003), until recently (when I, myself, am currently doing a PhD in Economic Development & Infrastructure at the Waseda University in Tokyo, Japan.)

PK is the hottest candidate for the Lagaip/Porgera Open seat but I humbly continue to ask for your moral and electoral support! A vote for PK is a vote for Agriculture Development. PK is the author of the Nucleo Enterprise Agriculture program currently utilized inadequately by the incumbent Somare government. The goal of the policy is to mobilize national resources (i.e. labor, land capital, finance) in order to utilize vast estates of land resources in PNG and expand agricultural harvest by providing village landowners with capital such as fertilizers, machinery, etc. Greater harvest and attempts to establish communication and markets through and between recognized retailer outlets and crop buyers is essential to boost the sale of agricultural commodities (e.g. coffee, tea, and pyrethrum) to international markets. To achieve this through efficient and long-term usage of foreign bilateral/multilateral aid finances (e.g. Asian Development Bank) requires intelligent planning and visionary foresight to avoid further government debt and pursue effective economic growth.

Here, in rich nations such as Japan, FOOD SECURITY is a major concern and the Japanese (or other rich country consumers) are very conscious of the food quality imported from doubtful sources as China. They believe products from such countries (e.g. China) excessively utilize chemically enhanced pesticides that tend to ruin the quality of natural food crops, and consequently, affect human health. Imagine the money PNG could make in terms of millions of dollars, or the incomes for rural people (like our unemployed youths and relatives) if we could create an active and productive agricultural workforce with complementary market networks in our rural areas! Imagine how many Engans in POM, Lae and Mt. Hagen would return back to their villages and homelands to grow crops!! And imagine the benefits of telecommunications for most or if not ALL villagers through the access of mobile telephones in Enga (as I, Stephen P. Kikala, have advocated for using the media time and time again!).

Why do we have rapid urbanization in POM, Lae and suburban centers when really gold can be discovered on our own customary grounds?? What will we the local custodians of land do when the unsustainable mineral and petroleum industry led by Porgera Gold, Lihir Gold, OK Tedi Mines, Kutubu Oil, and Ramu Nickel shut down?? What next?? Do we loose our jobs only to return to deteriorated land and live in impoverished conditions where our children cry begging for food each day, or should we flock to expand squatter settlements in the slums of Lae and Port Moresby! Remember, overpopulation and pollution is a problem for both rural and urban areas in PNG!

People, we need visionary leaders like PK to lead this nation. He is an Honors Economics graduate from UPNG (1977-1981) with two Masters Degrees in Economics (England-Norwich Uni-1983-84) and Rural Development (Canada-Carleton Uni-1987-88). He has the planning experience at the provincial (Enga) and national level to lead this nation. You are leaving the country in the safest hands by giving him your vote!

So before you write that number 1 on the ballot paper, think about what's best for yourselves, our people and country for the short and long term! Either we become beggers or income-earners on our own land! As an intellectual like PK, I ask you to vote for none other than Mr. PHILIP KAPUSA KIKALA for Lagaip/Porgera Open 2007!! He has the experience, knowledge and wisdom to lead our electorate and to cause that vital change our country needs!

Yours sincerely,

Stephen P. Kikala aka KLagaipT3
(BEcB-UPNG, MBA-Waseda Uni)

Author:
Sikita, Tomape
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, Mar 22 2007, 01:43:25pm

I have observed all the commentaries so far and the general consensus seem to favour new fresh bloods. Several names have been mentioned among those fresh bloods. Unfortnantely, except for the priest who probably has never experienced public life, most of the have and have never proven themselves. They have no track records and the only images they conjure when their names are mentioned are those of failure, money swindling, manipulation of tendering procedures etc...

If Enga has to change we need people of the calibre of Sir Mekere Morauta. A person whose standards and ideals are pure and people oriented. A true nationalist who speaks the appropriate language as a national leader. Any benchmark lower than this man is totally unsuitable and will never advance the interest of this country nor Enga's.

And for those who advocate this micronationalist West Enga concept should be warned that it is a spect in a whirlpool that will never translate into reality. I don't necessarily support Ipatas, but he is a Apulin and the Lagaip headwaters is peopled by the Apulin tribe.

Author:
Pro-Cleric (NO MORE RECYCLE LEADERS)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, Mar 22 2007, 03:41:45pm

Sikita and Naro, I appreciate the way you look at the reality. I do agree that if ever we could think of and Engan who is genuine and wants to move Enga, I would go for the late Andersen and of course Kundapen, but we all know that Kundapen is not running. Just to correct you Naro, Kundapen contested againt Torato, together with the late Balakau. Torato was nick named Alupee and so was Balakau Yamarak. Enga has its history, but Kundapen supporting Torato is not on. He had been seen teaming up with the priest, Paul Kanda. Check your facts, coze I have seen some "activities" going on with these men.

In experience wise, I may all agree that the priest may not have any political experience, but mind you, politics is about consensus, integrity and transparency. Leaders ought to have that. When you talk about governance, then, I wouldn't question the ability of this priest. He had set records as far as Wellington New Zealand as a leader in a white dominated institution and even in the remote places of Hetwara sepik in Timbuke. (I did my homework to check his profile).

I agree that he should be at the altar serving the people, but difference does it make when, the priests points out the wrong doings of the leaders and NOTHING is done? I know of priests who have used the pulpit to talk about justice when there was injustice; they have talked about transparency when there is a lot of misuse. The list goes on, and at the end, NOTHING, but a deep sigh. I think it is time, a man from the pulpit goes public and try. Let us see how it happens.

I respect the decision he made, to let go what he loved mose to be in favor of God's people in a political scenario. Guys, mind you, he had done his home work first before he raised his hands up.

For six months, he went around Enga, getting the opinions of all the people, catholics and SDAs, Lutherans and AOGs, and the overwhelming majority said they will back him up. Even a SDA pastor had donated his toyota land cruiser to the priest for his campaign. What do we educate learn here?

Why not we educated pipol listen and observe the unspoken words and actions of our people who in their simplicity want this man of their own kind give it a try, to see if there is any hope of shedding light back to Enga, back to them.

Ipatas has practically done nothing. He is sailing on the Free Education policy which is not even free at all. He is using this policy as a basis to be the next prime minister, but what he had failed is to clean his own backyard. Education may be the key to any success, but proper Human Resource Management had suffered badly in the Ipatas regime in Enga.

I for one would still go for the priest. He may lack certain aspects in a political game but politics is a collective game. He would need people like us and I bet he will beg for people like us to help move Enga. Can't we leave this priest do his part? Maybe this is time for a change. It took David to oust Golliat in the Scripture.

This EngaN priest, a son of Enga is the David againts all the Golliats we have, the recycled leaders. Mark your choices.

Pro-Cleric

Author:
Naro
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, Mar 22 2007, 02:52:32pm

Sikit for your information, Ipatas' own tribe Apulin is ousting him. May be his Talyuls in Irelya will spearhead his campaign however, Paul P Torato is the man who is spilting the Talyuls...the aggreesive Pone family (Pis Pone, Don Pone etc...) and the late family of Talyul James Tengen are backing Paul.

It's time we get rid of the crook and godfather that has literally done nothing for Enga. We the elites of Enga can talk the sweet talks here but what will it do for Enga? Nothing! So the only thing we can do is to go back to Enga before the polling day and inform the people of Enga of the type of leader they should vote in. We are just lunatics with big dreams for nothing beating a well-created kundu drum that will never be heard by anyone.

My preferred leader for the Engan Governorship was Anderson Aiput, however he passed away. Kundapen K Talyanga was my second choice as he is a man of principle and integrity but he gave the nood to Paul P Torato. Paul P Torato is deemed to be a crock because he literally did nothing during his term. I won't even vote for the good Father because his task is to complete the mission he started and dedicated to to become a Priest to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ from the alter. There is no other better person vying for the Enga Governorship.

Currently in Enga, it is about popularity and I see that Paul has the popularity now. Although, Paul is a recyled leader as termed by most of us, just give him the chance to prove otherwise. While I am typing this, Paul is gaining momentum in Enga.

For everyone's information, West Enga is sending in Paul P Torato for Enga Regional and Philip K Kikala for Laigaip Porgera. Who is coming in for the rest of the open electorates?

NARO

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, Mar 22 2007, 03:13:40pm

Naro,

If no other good candidate is challenging Ipatas this GE then I agree with your train of thought. However, I would rather see somebody else than Paul Torato who does not have what it takes to be Enga's leader in this Century. He belongs to the dinosaur era. He has had his day and look what significant imprint did he leave behind for us to see? Nothing, No single thing! Enga is in fact regressing at a faster rate than any other province. Enga needs someone new, someone better!

Also, It is important for us to discuss this issues in forums like this so that people who will have the opportunity to go back home and vote during elections can bring some of the good points raised here to educate their families. Those who will not be present due to other commitements can atleast contribute constructive points here. FYI, That is the reason we have this forum.

One Bel Stay, Always!

Author:
Apulin Ul Tange (Tange Kalyo)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Mar 23 2007, 05:25:01pm

I have read through all these comments and it sounds good for me as an apulin elite who wants change.
But what concerns me is the one written by naro.
Yu stated that the Apulins have left ipatas. This is wrong.
There has been some apulin opposition from day one and they are still there today. But the majority of the Power Tang's (the owners of the Apulin Power) esp. the Apulin Ul Tangs are still intact and ready for the GE. Yu man tru tru orait yu campaign i kam long Apulin Territory-Lagaip Valley. The Pilikambi high school, the kepelam healtyh centre, the kepelam primary school, the Ambulance and our school fees and most importantly the Lii Coaster are enough to fight for my power. I think the sikit tomapi Pyalepel is aware of this.

Apulin Scout number 9
UPNG

Author:
Apulin Ul Tange- Tange KAlyo- No.9
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, May 21 2007, 12:13:33pm

Mr Naro,
You are right in some of your arguments.
Frankly speaking, I wrote that article to support ipatas out of frustration because you and some of your crooks are continously saying " we are blocking the west enga...ipatas will not come to west enga....chain bai go long sirunki and all these illusions.
If you are man enough, than write like a professional and don't even generalise with this west engan. I ' m from the apulin tribe and we have a population of about 20,000 and ipatas is one of them.
Well, other the political note, i think what you have said is right but i cannot think of someone else who can sucessfully topple him. If only Malipu Balakau, Anderson Aipit contest, then i can vote for them. And if we have such top engans like rimbink pato, ango wangatau, rex paki, ronald kolalio, and Dr. Albert Nita or issac lupari contests then, i'll vote for them, otherwise piss off...by all means i will protect my seat-its pride of my tribe.

Apulin Tange Kalyo
You man tru orait yu pasim west enga.

Author:
Naro
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sun, Mar 25 2007, 04:01:24pm

Apulin Ultaeng,

What your Ipatas did in setting up the so-called Pilikambi High School is sort-sighted (and questionable) as there is a high rate of failure in that school...also can you tell me how much Ipatas drained from Enga's purse when his Panda Builders built that school? The ambulance for Kepalam Health Center, improving the Kepelam Primary School and the Health Centre are not been worthwhile. Can you tell me if any of the students' that Ipatas paid his/her fees to study at UPNG Medical School (under his political propaganda 'free education policy') working at Kepelam Health centre using that ambulance to serve its purpose? Don't tell me that the ambulance is purposely used by the Apuls of Pilikambi to transport Ipatas' pollies. Can you tell me who is recruiting teachers to teach at Pilikambi HS and Kepelam COmmunity school and are these teachers of quality that has been achieved thru Ipatas' free-education policy? I doubt these brother!

Kaim, if I go in further I know that you and Ipatas will never answer my questions and will get angry quickly be crooks always get angry. Ipatas without doubt is a crook and those who follow him are crooks as well. So you may be one of Ipatas' tea boy who is a crook as well. Kaim, open your eyes beyond Ipatas and research with an open-minded as a university student (as I am) to define what leadership is all about.

My vote is not for Ipatas. Period! Enga have had enough of a greedy, coward and godfather like Ipatas. Enga is not his private enterprise!

And for your information, Ipatas will not by-pass Sirunki and Niugi Junction to go to Pumas come campaign time so brother, be careful. Engans (esp. West Engans) are fed up of the Ipatas regime. We want change and this GE is our golden opportunity to oust Ipatas once and for all. Thanks to Sir Mekere for introducing the prefrential voting...otherwise, Ipatas should be back as governor post GE as he is a crook who manipulates the old system. Sorry for Ipatas and his pollies that we are using the 1,2,3 voting systems. No more Ipatas!!!

Enga and PNG at heart,
Naro

Author:
LMT
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, Mar 29 2007, 04:53:54pm

Naro...you are on spot!

Author:
rausim cpp
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, Apr 09 2007, 10:58:33am

Latest reports on the ground show that Ipatas is loosing popularity faster at all districts than expected. Sadly, no one candidate is capitalising on that.

We are yet to see a candidate who can give Ipatas a real challenge. Ony two people that come to mind are Pundari and D.Kapi who can score at all five districts. Torato and others named will ony do well in their respective districts.

We all know the strengths and weaknesses of Ipatas so if you want a real change, this is your golden opportunity, to make it your business to educate your parents & tribesman to PROMOTE the RAUSIM CPP OPERATION in Enga. Tingim, if you give vote to a CPP candidate incl. the confirmed sitting MP's K.Karppa, D.Maki, Ipatas and other candidates in Enga then SORRI TUMAS, you can stand behind D.Kapi lon traem lon kot tasol gen.

[> Subject: TORATO for Enga Governor!!!

Author:
Miok Rutz
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sat, Jun 16 2007, 06:02:16am

Folks,

I have received overwhelming news that Paul P. Torato is on fire for Enga Governor. West Enga (Kandep, Porgera, Laiagam, Ambum) has almost sworn allegiance to The Man for his charisma, wisdom and hard stance on social welfare, road infrastructure, employment and other issues affecting the province. Regardless of his age, Mr. Torato is without a grey hair and would put contemporary Engan politicians (including Ipatas) and intending candidates to shame for his top bill of health!! Physically, he couldn't look any better than in his late 30s even though the man is actually in his early 50s.

Don "The King" Polye is looking to return as Kandep MP and possibly, Prime Minister with Philip Kikala as Lagaip/Porgera MP. National Alliance has got West Enga captivated by the tail with its policies!! Prime Minister Sir Michael recently visited Kandep and Laiagam and promised a greater role for West Enga in the development of the province and country!!!

What more a guarantee can Enga look forward to other than the volatile, visionless and vile promises Ipatas promises with no promises of national experience, fiscal stability and political sustainability!!

West Enga for ENGA!!!

[> [> Subject: Re: TORATO for Enga Governor!!!

Author:
ehehe
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Jun 19 2007, 09:10:31am

You thoughless, it suppose to be ONE ENGA, not west enga. Where was your Torato in the past? What has he achieved? Enga has enough leaders, go na hait. Don't make me laugh.

[> [> [> Subject: Who is Torato?????

Author:
Yandapon- Lagaip Mage
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, Jun 21 2007, 04:05:08pm

This expired man by the name of Paul Pakenege Torato has done nothing for Enga in his 10 years in parliament. he can give us a sweet excuse by saying that in his time he budgeted only a K50,000 or K 100 000 but from my obervations...that money was too big in those days.
a single K2. was just enough for a family's meals in torato's time.
He has done nothing but stole those money and bought properties everywhere in Port Moresby. HE bought off the Togoba Hill in Port Moresby. He even bougght a Hanuabada angel that time and some white womens too which all left him. Ipatas is also a thief and a womeniser just like torato but ..em ol ples klia ya...yu will definetly know which women ipatas is fucking and how much he is stealing from EPG but this old man is a secret and silent bomber.
I'm writting from a very frustrating point because he did not even bulid one classrom at Yangil communityy scohool, kepelam commuinty schooll, mapumanda or papayuku where he belongs to. he cheated my people for his gain.
Ipatas is atleast giving us something back.
...this time Paul Pakenege will not trick us. our eagles eyes have been opened already. Ipatas will score 50 times more than PAul and anyother candidates in West Enga

hard core- west engan

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Who is Torato?????

Author:
Lagaip Mage (Sambe Wane)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, Jun 25 2007, 08:12:24pm

Yandapon,
I have a lot of doubts on your ecomonics knowledge to say during Torato's time K100,000 was a huge amount. What exchange rate are you using to convert K100,000.00 into K60 million kina that Ipatas budgets. Get your facts right, I think Torato did more for the people of Enga then that which your tribesman Ipatas has done for the people of Enga. I believe with the kind of money now Torato can turn Enga into a triving in the country. The Sambe tribes are united in this cause.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: TORATO for Enga Governor!!!

Author:
Liane Onotena
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sun, Jun 24 2007, 12:34:45am

During the times of Torato's reign, our road systems around the province were by far the best compared to many Highlands provinces that I traveled to. I took it for granted when a PWD then came around Murip every 3 to 4 months grading the road and a rooler followed. The Kandep road was like a sealed road from the summit of the Liane Range. I now realise it was the provincial leadership that made this possible. I now look at our roads and lament, those were the days. I even know we had better services and had public servants who had very little political connections. Things have gone very bad in the province, when everyone wants to gain from Enga's big purse now. We need someone like Torato who knew the people's problems to be back. We need a leader that will give services to everyone without fear or favour, not to dish out cash to a few supporters at the expense of the Enga people. The people of Kandep are sending Torato to Parliment for the Enga governor's post.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: TORATO for Enga Governor!!!

Author:
Sikita Tomape
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, Jun 25 2007, 12:24:46pm

I write here again to diffuse this concept of West-Enga. I am of Laiagam origin (Lagaip headwaters, Apulin tribe) but I do not subscribe to this concept chiefly because it propagates a micronationalist political agenda. Kandep, Laiagam, Porgera, Sirunki, parts of Malamun and any other place situated to the West of Enga, I reckon are an integral part of Enga. One of the key reasons as I understand which prompted the evolution of this concept was the apparent lack of government servcies in these areas. The way forward is to establsih effective LLGs that are fully resoureced to address the issues and needs of our people. This means, applying pressure on the provincial and national governments to expend resoruces on projects identified by the respective LLGs. However, current political events show that ward councillors have minimal input in the allocation of resources, leaving them at the mercy of the Governor and Council presidents. This is an area that needs to be rectified not only in Enga but elsewhere in the country. The gist of my argument here is that precious time is being wasted on talking about a 'separatist' movement that will never materialise. Rather, time and effort should be expended on developing a poltical framework that will allow the flow of resoruces to LLGs, who will in trun attend to their specific needs and issues of their constituents.

Any aspriring Engan post-graudate student in the area of political science and public policy should explore this policy area (decentralisation and development).

Author:
Cool_Guy1
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Jun 22 2007, 11:03:07am

I dont believe in this so called, West-Enga, East Enga, South Enga or North Enga business. Guys, we are educated, lets not let this politicians make us believe in their crap when they divide the province into west, east, south and north. Enga is unique, we speak one language and we are united. Take a hard look at all the provinces in PNG and, you will come to appreciated the fact that, Enga only speaks one common language.

Reading through most of this political threads in this forum makes me fret about the way people are creating division in the province. I am an Engan, whether i am from the west, east, south or north part of the province. I believe we are educated people discussing in this forum, and if you start to divide the province with you comments here, then your ideal concept of Enga is gone.

My view is that, we should refute idiot policians who divide the province with their political agenda's.

As for the case in point, somebody commented about the promises of National Alliance. I for one dont believe in this old fool, the so called Father of the Nation, or the grand chief. I have totally lost respect for him, because of the way he is running the country. For your information, political stability was Sir Mekere's doing. He passed a bill called, Political Integrity Bill, which made sure the old man survive for 5 years. In addition to that, Economic stability was due mainly to good commodity prices, which is not controlled by PNG, it is externally determined. And Financial stability was achieved because of laws passed by Sit Mekere Morauta (Central Banking Act (2000) and Banks and Financial Institutions Act (2000). Dont believe in empty promises of a old fool who has lost touch with reality. Just take a look at how he presents himself as a prime minister, he does not speak like a prime minister. He does not select his words properly. When you compare the old man with Sir Mekere, in public speeches.. Sir Mekere stands out, he is very selective of his words.

To ellaborate what i mean, just take a look at the curren US president (George Bush) with the former president (Bill Clinton). Comedians are feasting on George Bushes speeches.

My point is, a prime minister is an individual who carries the weight of the country and speeches reflect the office that they occupy. Who they are as individuals does not interfere with their daily decisions as a prime minister. If people in that position compromise their position with individual needs and aspirations then they fail to deliver as prime ministers. I think the old man has lost it, he is a walking, talking individual (Micheal Somare). He does not represent my views, and for that matter, i think NA does not represent the views of Enga, as long as the old fool remains in office. I thought he would have let Don, lead NA into this election but, the old fool is so greedy with power and he has held onto it. Don has done well, for a first time parliamentarian. My comments are aimed towards the guy who is at the helm of the country.

Personally, i lost respect for Somare because of his blunders. My only hope is that, the Sepik people vote him out and he goes out in shame his tails between his legs.

Author:
Enga-pro
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sun, Jun 24 2007, 12:50:43pm

Cool_Guy1,

Point well stated. Enga is unique. No need to create any kind of divisions like in other provinces. Everywhere we go, the language, the customs, everything is the same. You are not away from home where ever you are in Enga because everyone is either your brother or sister in family ties, language, dinstant connections, etc..

Stop dividing the impossible. Let Enga be as it is. As always as one. One people, one language, one custom/traditions, on mind. Enga will never be divided, because we are meant to be one people. Any leader that campaigns and tries to bring in regionalism within Enga such as east and west what ever, will only end up pleasing a minority few and leaving the majority digruntled.

Enga must be one for-ever!!!!

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT+10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.