VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8] ]

Post a new message:
* HTML allowed in marked fields.

* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

(Reminder: Use <font color="AAAAAA">Spoiler text here</font> for spoiler information.)

Choose Message Icon:
[ View Emoticons ]

Alternate Message Post

Welcome to

The Magic Box

A home for the now defunct UPN "Bronze"
Dingoes ate my board!

Welcome! This message board was designed to replace "The Bronze" linear message forum at the UPN's official website for Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

Subject: Home at last!

Author:
Almond
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Feb 24 2004, 8:59:38 pm PST

Almond dashes into the Magic Box and throws herself firmly down in her big comfy chair. No power in the 'verse can move her now!

{{Huge hugs}} to all and sundry! I've been drifting in limbo for almost a week, 'cause our 'puter had a major meltdown. We just got back online last night. My brother finally had time to stop by and fix it, and it was so funny - he looked it over (in the way those computer-savvy people do), and after much "hmm"-ing and "oh, my"-ing (accompanied by much head shaking) he said "How did you ever manage to do that?!"......two and a half hours later we were up and running again, and brother left the house still muttering "You know, it's not supposed to be possible to do that..." I guess I'm just talented or something. *g*

In other news - we got a NEW CAR!!! It's a 1998 Chevy Lumina, kind of dark teal green, and it will actually take us to places out of town! Better yet, it will bring us home again. *g* *spontaneous Snoopy dancing ensues*

Rack: I plan on giving the card another look-see now that our spawn of the devil computer is working again - maybe I'll get to see the picture this time. *s*
Teddy and I have something in common then, since I have kind of a thing for Alyssa Milano myself. I find her fascinating to watch - I think she may be one of the most aestheticly pleasing females I've ever seen.

I agree with your comments on "You're Welcome" and "Why We Fight". (spoiler for both) * YW- It also bothers me that Lindsey was the power behind the amulet's return to Wolfram & Hart and the package that recorporealized (is that a word?) Spike. If we are to believe he had that kind of enormous power and knowledge of the dark arts, I find it difficult to see how he was so easily discovered and defeated.
In WWF- I can understand that if the sub was far from land, the vampires may have needed the humans' help to get close enough to make it to shore and shelter before sunrise. What I don't understand is - why was that Nazi wandering around? Wouldn't the first thing the soldiers did after securing the sub be to tie him up?
* (end spoilers for "Why We Fight" and "You're Welcome")

How was the play?

tarasApprentice: That was one creepy story! (spoilerish for "Smile Time") * It was so similar to the episode in some ways, a person with less faith in the AtS writers than I might wonder if they had read it. * (end "Smile Time") Speaking of "all things Muppet" - the night after seeing "Smile Time", I had a dream involving wee little puppet people. It wasn't so much scary as just strange, but it had the distinction of being my third Buffy/Angel related dream, so I guess that makes me offically obsessed. *g* Notice how I neatly avoided giving out any details of my dream, thus preventing the scaring away of all the nice people who talk to me here. *eg*

Fire: I'm not sure I understand. Do you mean the horses are now being taken care of?
I think it's wonderful that you care enough to get involved and try to help. Don't let the sad things in this world stress you out too much, though. There's only so much one person can do, and you're important too. {{Hugs}}

Mazzy: While discussing how much the WB sucks, I discovered my nephew is a "Neilson household". (Who'd a thunk? *g*) I've begun an intensive campaign of pressure and blackmail reasoned debate to get him to turn "Angel" on every week!

Kung Fu: Bloodsports, reality TV and sci-fi all combined in my head to remind me of a movie called "The Running Man". Have you seen it? It stars Arnold Schwarzenegger as an accused murderer who has to survive a game show obstacle course while people are trying to kill him to win his freedom. With reality shows getting stranger and stranger (Family Fear Factor), I could see the day coming when something like this is on TV. Of course, instead of playing for their freedom, the contestants would probably be competing for a million dollars. Come to think of it, didn't "Sliders" do an episode like that?

What kind of assignment were you doing? Inquiring minds want to know! *g*

Dogtrot: I'm so glad to hear you made it to the Revue and that you had a good time! It sounds as though there was an interesting mix of VIPs there. Did you have a chance to chat with anyone in particular? I think I'd be too intimidated to speak to any of those brainy writer-types! Did you bid on anything at the auction?
Thanks for the warning, btw. If I ever get the chance to go to an event like that in the future, I'm packing a suitcase full of fruit and granola bars! *g*
Now for the really important question - did you take pictures?
I want pictures and I want them now! *g*

EmilyBoo: Your favorite characters are surprising (in a good way *s*). I see you have a soft spot for demons! I always liked Anya, too. I thought her lack of familiarity with the "human" way of doing things was endearing, and felt bad for her when people thought her callous and rejected her. It was interesting to see in "Selfless" that she'd always been a bit different. I really liked the backstory we got on her in that episode.

Lionhunter: I've never seen "Newlyweds" as we don't get MTV with our limited cable, but she became the poster child for the dumb blonde stereotype with that chicken remark. lol I don't think they were considered "big" before their show began to air - now is another story, however. *g*
Be sure to watch "The Simple Life" when/if it airs there. Then you'll see who Johnny Rotten was really talking about in that quote! *g*

Sending ~~ healing vibes ~~ for your cold. Feel better soon!

OK folks, I'm off to bed. See you tomorrow!

*poof*
Subject: Brian's Muppet Story

Author:
EmilyBoo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Feb 24 2004, 1:23:04 pm PST

That story was creeeepy. I'm so glad nothing paranormal has ever happened to me, I would be so freaked out. It did remind me a lot of the last Angel eppy though. Thanks for posting it, tarasapprentice.
I think I got the bold tags right this time. *s*
Subject: Draw up a seat at the bar folks

Author:
Lionhunter - I Google, therefore I am
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, Feb 23 2004, 2:08:30 pm PST

...the bloody marys and beef jerky are on me!

Hello and welcome to EmilyBoo.

Am currently watching Smallville which I am really enjoying. (erm... - season 3 - Lex and a straightjacket get up close and personal). Although it will make no proper substitute for my best beloved *sob*...and as "good Clarke" seems to be back for the duration I don't even find him sexy any more.

Speaking of sexy, I watched something that I had never seen before today - its called Newlyweds on MTV. It stars two Popsters (Jessica Simpson and Nick somebody who is a hottie) that I have never heard of - I assume they must be BIG in the US? They seemed like nice people but Lordy Miss Maudie the girl was such a ditz! Couldn't seem to do anything that us "normal" folks do during the machinations of daily living and thought tuna was chicken...because the brand on the tin was Chicken of the Sea. In the words of the prophet (otherwise known as Johnny Rotten - lead singer of the Sex Pistols) "can't cook, can't clean up after themselves, can't boil water - who raises these people?".

Okay must go as have yet another cold which needs proper festering time and a good feed of something chocolate. Hope everyone is as well as can be expected considering the imminent implosion off the whedonverse.

Lionhunter places unlimited funds behind the bar for all the "boxers" to have themselves a high old time. She then notices a rather unpleasant smell coming from the balcony...has someone been feeding the panther CHEESE???? Aaaaackkk. Lionhunter clips a diamond and platinum leash on to the collar of a wobbly and slightly greenish looking panther. As they make their way out the door the panther can be heard muttering something about "it was just sitting there" and Lionhunter scolding "golden rule - panthers don't do dairy".
Subject: Thanks for the welcomes

Author:
EmilyBoo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, Feb 23 2004, 2:03:38 pm PST

Thanks for the welcomes everybody! And for the cheese, [B]Almond[/B], I am very grateful. And [B]tarasapprentice[/B], I have watched both Buffy and Angel from the beginning, and I will miss them so. Thank goodness for FX. My favorite eppys of Buffy were "Hush" and the musical. My favorite eppy of Angel so far is the 100th episode. My favorite characters from Buffy are Buffy and Anya. My favorite characters from Angel are Doyle and Lorne. But I love everybody!
Subject: Almond

Author:
dogtrot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sun, Feb 22 2004, 10:03:02 pm PST

I did make it to the Revue. It was a lot of fun. I wasn't sure how it would go since I didn't know anybody there. But I did meet some nice folks and had a good time. I'm sure I'm forgetting some of the personalities who were there, but Julie Benz, Mark Lutz, Andy Hallet, James Leary, Ron Glass, Geoffrey Bell, Steve DeKnight, David Fury, the guy who plays Knox on Angel, Tim Minear, Kitty, Candy, I think I saw Drew Goddard, Skip, and the little gray slave creature from Life of the Party, Mere (the Bronzer who became a writer) were there. It was really pretty exciting. I'm glad I went, although it was quite expensive. Even at the special rate the hotel was about $200 per night what with the taxes and parking (yes, the bargain rate for parking was $18 per day!). I bought a Milky Way candy bar at the gift shop, $2. Breakfast at the hotel restaurant, $14 for eggs, hashbrowns and coffee. Of course this was almost in Beverly Hills.
Subject: Hey All!

Author:
Kung Fu Cowboy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sat, Feb 21 2004, 9:58:30 pm PST

EmilyBoo Hello and Welcome to the Magic Box!!! I'm sorry I forgot to welcome you earlier but I'm a little preoccupied with an assignment I'm doing at the moment.

Almond I hate to say it but it does seem that creativity is being stunted. Your comment made me think of a movie with Tim Allen in it, where an alien race intercepted transmissions of a sci-fi TV show that his character was in and thought they were historical logs, and so modelled their whole society on them. I forget the name of the movie, I think it was Galaxy Quest or something. ANyway it seems that we are entering a time where no new television show can be anything other than a rip off of something already on TV [that country's or another's] or a reality TV show.

I was thinking this morning about a documentary I saw on gladiators recently. There was a comment that people are disgusted that anyone could willingly watch this bloodsport and actually cheer the death of people and animals. Could we actually be like these people? The sad reality is that in some ways we already are. Sports and entertainment events are made much more popular by adding the element of danger [either real or percieved] and people will talk about a car race where someone died for weeks, whereas one without an accident will be forgotten about by that afternoon. I can only hope and pray that the future isn't modelled on a sci-fi movie.

I'm not sure what triggered this rant but I'll stop now.

later peeps.
Subject: THIS is how we can SAVE ANGEL!!

Author:
Mazzy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sat, Feb 21 2004, 2:32:42 pm PST

Ok guys some VERY dedicated and smart fans have put together what looks to be like an extremely effective campaign.

Please go to this site:

Save Angel!

And read all about it. They've already reached their first goal for 1 ad in variety, and it's a beautiful ad.

Do what you can and spread the word!

T'app The banner on the link would probably be a better banner to put on this site, rather than the previous one I've posted.

Oh yeah and I'll reply to the rest of the messages next time!
Ciao!
Mazzy

Author:
Evil Goddess Fire
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sat, Feb 21 2004, 6:54:39 am PST

Almond, the SPCA had been contacted before I found out about these horses. One was given to my sister, and they think she might be pregnant at 250lbs underweight. Meh, I'm too tired to worry right now.
Subject: Rack

Author:
tarasapprentice
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Feb 20 2004, 6:13:19 pm PST

Have a great time in London with Aly!!!!!

Aww, I like your track of last week *s*

Mine is the following:
Joss Stone (who if you haven't heard her you really gotta) version of The White Stripes song "Fell In Love With A Girl"
C'mon people you know you gotta like someone with the name Joss *s*

Oh and hey you all...Watcher and I are talking right now and we got to talking about "Smile Time", he immediately thought of this: don't read it if you have not yet seen the episode: Brian Bethel's Muppet Story Brian is someone Watcher knew and I've only spoke to Brian a couple times myself - he's a great guy and has some of the best stories to tell. The story can also be found at a favorite site of ours called Obiwan's UFO-Free Paranormal page at http://www.ghosts.org/

Subject: It's Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Author:
Rack_the_warlock
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Feb 20 2004, 11:35:48 am PST

Well here we are…another Friday another track of the week. But as last weeks was replaced at the eleventh hour, this week there are two track’s of the week! Aren’t I good to you…what do you mean “No”?

Rack’sTracks of the week

First up is the track intended for last week as it’s soppy and mushy and idea for Valentines I thought. A colleague of mine at work went to see a band and the support act did this as their closing number. So impressed by this was he than he babbled on about it at work the following day preventing me from getting some much needed sleep working. Anyway it’s…

To Make You Feel My Love by Bob Dylan

As with a number of Bob Dylan songs, this has been covered by a good few people, amongst the are Garth Brooks, Billy Joel and Trisha Yearwood, the latter on the soundtrack to the film “Hope Floats” . Anyway, cold black-hearted warlocks are the least qualified to eulogize over romantic songs so her are there lyrics and you can make your own minds up:-

When the rain is blowing in your face
And the whole world is on your case
I could offer you a warm embrace
To make you feel my love

When evening shadows and the stars appear
And there is no one there to dry your tears
I could hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love

I know you haven't made your mind up yet
But I would never do you wrong
I've known it from the moment that we met
No doubt in my mind where you belong

I'd go hungry, I'd go black and blue
I'd go crawling down the avenue
There's nothing that I wouldn't do
To make you feel my love

The storms are raging on the rollin' sea
And on the highway of regret
The winds of change are blowing wild and free
You ain't seen nothing like me yet

I could make you happy, make your dreams come true
Nothing that I wouldn't do
Go to the ends of the earth for you
To make you feel my love

It’s far to slushy for me, so moving quickly on to the second track of the week.

“Looks that Kill” by Motley Crue

A classic track from da Crue’s killer “Shout at the Devil” opus, this is a no nonsense, heads down slab of glam metal. Nikki Sixx and Tommy Lee nail down a very tight and driving rhythm over which Vince Neal warbles about a woman, who if it isn’t written about my beloved Fith then it should have been. Lyrics such as “Now Listen up/She’s razor sharp/ If she don’t get her way/She’ll slice you apart” just conjure images of the dark slayer to me. Mick Mars was never a great guitarist, but he holds the lead well on this, one of my favourite Crue songs and one I listened to whilst cruising round L.A.

As you know I’m off to London tomorrow to see Alyson Hannigan in “When Harry met Sally”. I was trying to see if I could interest Don King in staging a Rack Vs Willow re-match, but he just said no. Still what does he know about anything.

Right, I have things to do – like supervise teddy as he irons my shirts. He has a habit of eating cookies all the time, which means he keeps getting crumbs all over my clothes. Wonder if I could interest Alyson in the job of house maid?

Take care all!!!!!!!!!
Subject: Why we smile sometimes

Author:
Rack_the_warlock
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, Feb 19 2004, 12:21:32 pm PST

The Eastern Lithuanian mystic pencil tops in one of the many glass display cabinets slowly cease to tremble. As do the glass jars and assorted nick-nacks behind the counter. The cause of the disturbance begins to dwindle and fade; the portal that brought the Magic Box's only truly evil inhabitant having just about closed. It's passenger turns slowly on one heel, leather trench coat swirling as his body twists so that it is now facing towards the stairs. With a brisk stride he heads towards them, veering at the last moment so that he instead enters the darkness beneath. Opening the mini fridge he devours a couple of the plump red contents.

Hello all!!!

Almond: Nice to se you around again {{{Extra special Hugs}}} !! Glad you got the card. Flash player isn’t very big at all and you should be able to download it without any problems – but it’s up to you. It had a picture of a teddy bear holding a bunch of red roses and a heart shaped box of choccies. I told teddy that the bear looked a little like him but he says he’s far better looking….only I could end with a vain teddy bear. I should also point out that teddy’s favourite show (at the moment at least) is “Charmed”. But I think that it’s because he has a thing for Alyssa Milano and Rose McGown, either that or it’s the sisters’ unhealthy obsession for vanquishing poor warlocks. Well, unhealthy if you happen to be a warlock.

EmilyBoo: Hi and welcome!! It’s not that I’m friendly …more a case of that I’m not unfriendly, which is a totally different vibe. Yay, you eat lve cheese!!! That’s great, I wish everyone felt the same way. That way there would be more strawberries left for me……huummm, strawberries.

Mazzy: You’re endeavours with the new e-cards are greatly appreciated and I’ll make sure that you receive suitable credit on the links page. Wow, you worked at CBS/UPN – I’m very impressed. Also very commendable work rallying the troops to try and get Angel renewed. I shall be sending them some very picturesque postcards of Nottingham and it’s environs…that’ll scare them.

It’ll probably Sunday before I get to see “Smile Time” so here some thoughts on “You’re Welcome” and “Why We Fight”. Activating scrawl cloaking device…

First, “Your Welcome” well again I pretty much agree with Mazzy on this episode. Some nice touches allowed us to see some old friends and say goodbye to them. With the case of Doyle there was a touch of extra poignancy in view of the tragic and untimely death of actor Glenn Quinn. I thought that they dispensed with Lindsey rather too quickly and they didn’t seem to have devised any real motive of his actions. Lindsey chose to leave Wolfram and Hart. If he all he wanted to do was eliminate Angel he had a prime chance when he had that parasite feeding off Angel. Hopefully it won’t be the last we see off him but with eight episodes left…times running out.

“Why We Fight” – I like episode where they provide some back fill in to Angels (and other characters) life. From what it sounded like when he was “recruited”, The Initiative has it’s origins back in the mid 1940s. It was fairly obvious from the on set that Lawson was a vampire and the question became who and why, that’s is who sired him and why. Although I though that this was a pretty good episode, there did appear to be a few floors in it. Angels wet clothes (He did’t change when he entered the sub) would have given the dumbest of vampires some indication that he had entered from outside. Second, Angels argument for keeping the survivors alive wouldn’t hold water (oops, sorry no pun intended) as there vampires, they can’t drown and don’t need to breath. Leaving the sub should be no more off a problem for them as it was for Angel to get to it. Interesting comment Lawson made about Angel giving him just enough of a soul to trap him between who he was and who he should be. I wonder if that will become significant in later episodes.
deactivating scrawl cloaking device

I’m off now so…

Take care all!!!!!!!

Subject: Fire

Author:
tarasapprentice
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, Feb 19 2004, 11:32:16 am PST

I am willing to help but not before I get some more info - answers to almonds questions are important, also I'd like to know where the horses will be kept, will they immediately be getting medical treatment, are there enough funds to provide for the horses, where are the two you have already obtained being kept and how are they?

I would think the authorities should be contacted immediately.
Please let me know asap and I will help spread the word.

Oh! Also the last pic you listed doesn't work. Can you retry as I'd like to see the pic she took two days ago.

Author:
tarasapprentice
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, Feb 19 2004, 11:30:33 am PST

I am willing to help but not before I get some more info - answers to almonds questions are important, also I'd like to know where the horses will be kept, will they immediately be getting medical treatment, are there enough funds to provide for the horses, where are the two you have already obtained being kept and how are they?

I would think the authorities should be contacted immediately.
Please let me know asap and I will help spread the word.

Oh! Also the last pic you listed doesn't work. Can you retry as I'd like to see the pic she took two days ago.

Subject: Poofing...

Author:
Almond
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, Feb 19 2004, 8:17:15 am PST

...to get some housework done. I'm feeling almost human today, but hubby's coming down with the nasties now, so I'd better do what I can before switching over to nurse-mode for the duration.

Hugs to all!

Author:
Almond
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, Feb 19 2004, 7:38:43 am PST

Have you contacted your local ASPCA?
Can you afford the upkeep on the horses if you get them? Or do you plan on reselling after they've become healthy and adjusted to a better life? I'll talk to hubby and see what we can do, sweetie!
Subject: serious stuff

Author:
Evil Caring Goddess Fire
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, Feb 19 2004, 7:28:45 am PST

EmilyBoo, Welcome!

On a more serious note, my sister and these horses need help.

I need to the the word out about these poor things.
Please contact Gracie if you can help, I'm posting this for her. We are trying to get word out as fast as we can.
GraciePagel@aol.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OK I WOULD NEVER normally ask this of ANYONE BUT,
I went to look at some arabians today for sale and WAS DISGUSTED beyond belief,
I am trying to purchase as many of these horses as I can, I have managed to get 2 PLEASE if ya can spare even 1.00 PLEASE donate.
These once beautiful horses are living in an old dairy barn cramped, wet, nasty, unclean, quarters, they are on cement floors the only bedding there own feces. The stalls are dark and nasty,
and food is scarce as you can see. BOLD GAILANA is the ONLY horse who has outside area because shes pregnant.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Help us get some of these horses out of her,
I PROMISE every dime will go to these horses being saved,
below is a link of beautiful horses. Please take a moment to look at it,
www.gordonarabians.com/
Please do not contact the farm as we do not want them to stop selling us these horses.
Now look at the true story...
This is Gail before, with foal at side:
http://www.gordonarabians.com/BoldGailana/bold_gailana2.htm
and the one below is from 2 days ago.
http://www.angelfire.com/vamp/connorangel/gail.bmp
Subject: Still laughing from watching "Smile Time"...

Author:
Almond
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, Feb 19 2004, 7:14:21 am PST

...HaHaHaHaHa!!!
Also, I heard the words that would make any parent proud last night. Girl-child got a phone call from a boy (who's a senior...with a car...) just before the episode started. She said, "Dude, I can't talk right now! I'm watching "Angel" with my Mom!" (It was a genuine Kodak moment! *sniff*) What will we do to bond when this golden era ends? That's it! I'm inspired! I'm joining the Postcard Campaign!cc Mazzy

Lionhunter: Wavies and (germ-free) Smoochies back at ya!
Twelve six-year-olds on a sugar high? You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din! *g*
Speaking of "getting the wiggins"...wait 'til you see "Smile Time". Some definite creepiness ensues!

tarasApprentice: Special {{hugs}} back! *s*
I see you're busy luring new posters to our beloved Magic Box. I also see the magic word is "cheese". *g*

Almond looks about for the trail of cheese tarasApprentice must have laid, but all she spots is a rather suspicious line of little mouse skeletons leading toward the door and a very pleased looking panther in the loft. Hmmm...She places a tray of various cheeses (from Wisconsin, of course *g*) on the counter as a "welcome" present for EmilyBoo and gives the panther her best "touch this and die" look (perfected from years of raising children).

EmilyBoo: Any friend of tarasApprentice is a friend of...well, everyone here! Welcome!

Mazzy: I LOVE that gif!
The poem is courtesy of W. Shakespeare. It's from "The Tempest". Next to "Hamlet", it's one of my favorite quote sources. *s* The first time I ever read that particular piece, however, was in a R.A. Heinlein novel. The main character used it while giving an impassioned speech to convince a group of aliens not to destroy our planet. I thought it was appropriate.

Dogtrot: Wow! That's a long time for a virus to hang on! Almond gives Dogtrot a stern look and hands him a bowl of chicken soup. Are you taking proper care of yourself? Perhaps a visit to a doctor might not be amiss...?
The Revue attendage is still up in the air? Whyfor? Isn't that this weekend?
So sorry to hear that the Succubus Club will be folding up its tent after this season of "Angel" ends. (I lurk at the Beta sometimes.) I never did get to listen to the show, but I know it's one of your favorites. *commiserative {{hugs}}*

Kung Fu: Re: your comment on identical people in SciFi - what I find even more disturbing is the number of shows/books that dealt with people being forced/programmed to that state of sameness. Do you suppose if future generations have no choice in what they watch, eventually they'll think poor quality reality shows and remakes of things like "Gilligan's Island" are the height of artistic programming? *g*

Looking forward to seeing Rack's Teddy Bear express his views on this week's "Angel". It must have hit awful close to home. *g* Not that I'm implying in any way that he's evil.

lurking...
Subject: Emily!

Author:
tarasapprentice
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wed, Feb 18 2004, 5:51:09 pm PST

I'm so happy to see you here *s* Everyone is really friendly, even rack but don't tell him I told you that.

Wanna tell us some Buffy/Angel related things about yourself?

When did you start watching?

Which shows do you watch?

Favorites episodes, characters etc?

BTW, Emily loves cheese too!

Subject: Hello

Author:
EmilyBoo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wed, Feb 18 2004, 8:57:28 am PST

Hi, I heard I could find some good discussion about all things Buffy and Angel here. I believe I know tarasapprentice from another forum. (I think that's the name she said...) *waves* just wanted to introduce myself.
By the way, I love this quote from Joss:
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by and they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that had all those people on it. Damn."

Author:
dogtrot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wed, Feb 18 2004, 7:52:48 am PST

I'm sure you'd really enjoy the Firefly dvd's. The unaired epis, and seeing the shows in their proper order, are terrific. The commentaries are unusually good too.

Incredibly, and much like me, my attendance at the AR is still up in the air. (lol)

I'm still suffering the lingering effects of a virus that jumped me about a month ago (hack, cough!). Hope you feel better soon.
Subject: More Angel News

Author:
Mazzy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Feb 17 2004, 10:57:18 pm PST

Two Angel articles on major sites offer a glimmer of hope...

article from abcnews

article from cnn

Right now, the biggest campaign I see is outlined at buffy.nu and it seems to be a really smart way to go. Read all about it here and send out as many as you can. There are rumors that this was "James'" idea, but there's no truth to it. Still, it's a smart way to go.

PLEASE CHECK IT OUT AND SEND A POSTCARD (OR 2) TODAY!
It could actually make a difference!

postcard campaign

Also there are some peeps at Beta that are talking about another official campaign, but not word just yet. I'll keep an eye out and let you know.

Mazzy

Almond I feel your pain, I surely too. Where did you get that poem from? I realized the name of one of my favorite Buffy novels is "These Our Actors" and clearly the name of it refers to your poem.
Subject: Hear ye!

Author:
tarasapprentice
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Feb 17 2004, 6:43:12 pm PST

Oh come on like I could resist this:

Sean Astin For President!!!!

Subject: reminder

Author:
tarasapprentice
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Feb 17 2004, 6:36:33 pm PST

Just a reminder: Alyson Hannigan will be on That 70's show.

A {{hug}} for mandorla
Subject: Almond!

Author:
Lionhunter - a minion and so much more
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Feb 17 2004, 2:12:57 pm PST

Just had to drop by when I saw you'd been around. Hi! *waves* and *smooches*

Am still in shock/denial/anger/grief mode re; Angel. Would it be too much to say that the world will seem slightly too large without the corner of it that was the Buff/Angelverse...

I like my comfort zone. I like my vampires good and and my lawyers bad (with one notable exception). I like looking at pieces of wood in my log basket and thinking "that would make a good stake". I like getting the wiggins, going poof and knowing that a Willow is more than a tree. *sniffle*

Had boycub's sixth birthday today. A manic day that included much spendage of granny's present money in town, a trip to see "Brother Bear" at the cinema, a party for 12 six year olds, one tantrum = mine, one sick child = party guest, four trips down a death drop slide because a four year old dared him to = Mr. Lionhunter, and three over excited offspring whose most nutritious food today was cake. I'm sure this wasn't quite the moment I was dreaming of when I dispensed with birth control.

Okay, must go and do a lot of laying down.

Lionhunter
Subject: Hi Dogtrot!

Author:
Almond
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, Feb 16 2004, 7:43:45 pm PST

I guess I'll have to save my pennies until I can afford the dvds. (We got a dvd player for X-mas! Hee!) Then I can have a little slice of the Jossverse whenever I get a craving. I'd like to get "Firefly" first, though. I want to see the three episodes Fox never aired.

Things have been a little sniffly around here lately. Girl-child brought a virus home from school, and very kindly shared it with me. I was up at 3am because I couldn't sleep last night (due to the whole lack of breathing thing). I'm kind of tired right now, but I don't want to go to bed until I'm completely zonked, 'cause I know I'll just lay awake otherwise.
She says "hi", btw.

How are things with you? Are you still going to The Wolfram & Hart Revue? That should be a rather bittersweet occasion, given the recent news.
Subject: Hi Almond

Author:
dogtrot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, Feb 16 2004, 7:13:46 pm PST

Sad news about Angel. I guess we knew it would happen eventually, but now we are going to be without any Jossverse except for reruns. And who knows how long that will last.

Nice to see you back. Hope things are going well on the homefront.
Subject: Poofing...

Author:
Almond
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, Feb 16 2004, 4:16:39 pm PST

I was just cleaning out my inbox at hotmail - wow, that baby was this close Almond holds up two fingers with less than an inch of space between them to bouncing things back at peeps with the speed of a superball! As you may have guessed, I haven't had much time for computer-related activities lately. *g*

Thank you, Rack, for the very sweet Valentine. Unfortunately, whatever the picture was meant to be in the center refused to show up! Yes, my computer still hates me. It said if I couldn't see it I was supposed to download "flash", but I'm afraid to download anything on this antiquated monster because it has a nervous breakdown when I try. *sniff*

Got to run - girl-child's hungry, then we're going to watch the tape of last week's "Tru Calling". Bye, all!
Subject: Well, that just ......really bites.

Author:
Almond
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, Feb 16 2004, 3:07:43 pm PST

No more Angel? Don't these people realize I need my weekly Jossfix? I'm certainly not going to substitute some revamped soap opera from the 60s. Very, very sad now.

As Kung Fu commented and Joss reinforced in the post Mazzy very kindly copied for us, it seems as though originality is the "road less traveled" in television these days. If it's not some horrible so-called "reality show", it's an updated version of an idea that's been done before. (Even some of the best things on the air right now like "Joan of Arcadia" and "Everwood" - think "Oh, God" and "Northern Exposure".) Joss must feel like an artist who's work wasn't appreciated until after his death. Poor Joss. Poor us. I think when you have a taste for the unusual, you have to get used to the fact that the meals that satisfy your palate will be few and far between.

Even though I think Magista's letter perfectly conveys my feelings about AtS, its cancellation, and the management at the WB, I doubt it will have much effect. I'm sorry to sound like a pessimist, but it's a case of "been there, done that" when "Firefly" was cancelled, and as Fire said: there's nothing we can do. (Which didn't stop me from signing the petition Mazzy posted the link to....but that's just a bad case of denial kicking in.)

I've been following links and scrolling sites since I first read the news here today in an effort to deal with my feelings and pull myself together before I posted this. You didn't want a post that was nothing but *#*@%##!, now did you? *g* Though it would be nice if Joss did a spectacular series finale as Rack mentioned, I got the impression from something he said that it wasn't going to happen. I don't think the network really gave him enough notice for that anyway. Since the 100th episode was filmed last November, most of what we're seeing now must have been in the can for months. I checked at City of Angel and there are only six untitled episodes left this season. Who knows how many of those have already been written and/or are in production? I'd hate to see the last season of Angel spoiled in a scrambling attempt to "give us closure". Nor do I want the specter of a possible future movie to prevent the actors I love from moving on to other projects. Let "Angel" end with the dignity a great show deserves.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors,
As I foretold you, were all spirits and
Are melted into air, into thin air:
And, like the baseless fabric of this vision,
The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces,
The solemn temples, the great globe itself,
Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve
And, like this insubstantial pageant faded,
Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff
As dreams are made on, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep.

Huge hugs to all!

lurking a little...poofing fairly soon
Subject: renew angel

Author:
tarasapprentice
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, Feb 16 2004, 7:35:05 am PST

Just a quick note to say I asked Watcher to get a banner linked up here permanently so hopefully we'll have that up soon.

Thanks very much for posting all that Mazzy

Subject: Joss's message

Author:
Mazzy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sun, Feb 15 2004, 7:59:56 pm PST

Hey guys, just in case you didn't see it. Here's the official word from Joss. This was posted yesterday at the Bronze Beta:

joss says:
(Sat Feb 14 22:31:16 2004)

Some of you may have heard the hilarious news. I thought this would be a good time to weigh in. to answer some obvious questions: No, we had no idea this was coming. Yes, we will finish out the season. No, I don't think the WB is doing the right thing. Yes, I'm grateful they did it early enough for my people to find other jobs.

Yes, my heart is breaking.

When Buffy ended, I was tapped out and ready to send it off. When Firefly got the axe, I went into a state of denial so huge it may very well cause a movie. But Angel... we really were starting to feel like we were on top, hitting our stride -- and then we strode right into the Pit of Snakes 'n' Lava. I'm so into these characters, these actors, the situations we're building... you wanna know how I feel? Watch the first act of "The Body."

As far as TV movies or whatever, I'm not thinking that far ahead. I actually hope my actors and writers are all too busy. We always planned this season finale to be a great capper to the season and the show in general. (And a great platform for a new season, of course.) We'll proceed ahead as planned.

I've never made mainstream TV very well. I like surprises, and TV isn't about surprises, unless the surprise is who gets voted off of something. I've been lucky to sneak this strange, strange show over the airwaves for as long as I have. I don't FEEL lucky, but I understand that I am.

Thanks all for your support, your community, and your perfectly sane devotion. It's meant a lot. I regret nothing (except the string of grisley murders in the 80's -- what was THAT all about?) Remember the words of the poet:

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by and they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that had all those people on it. Damn."

See you soon.

-j.

Also, Rack thank you for yesterday's valentine card. Nice to see your teddy bear make an appearance.

I'm a Sean Astin fan too, but I don't much care for Vegas (the show, not the city. You know I'm going to Vegas this fall!)

It's been hard to post lately, not much into it.

but this I will enjoy posting

I didn't make that by the way.

Oh, and I highly recommend you all take a look at

www.renewangel.com to see what you can do to help.

and check out this link to get a banner you can post on the site...

http://www.buffy.nu/article.php3?id_article=3252

Also Rack I WAS in the process of making postcards for V-day and then I ran out of time. I've made a few postcards that are still good and hopefully I will be able to send them to you this week. You can decide if you want to use them.

{{{HUGS}} everyone!

Mazzy
Subject: Me? I'm Defying Gravity :-D

Author:
LdyKnight
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sun, Feb 15 2004, 4:56:24 pm PST

Hi all. 'Tis I.

Just wanted to say thanks to Rack and Fire for the birthday greetings.

tarasapprentice--Wicked!
Is my current musical obsession! Yay!
Subject: Feeling a bit better now.

Author:
Lord of the Dance not the scary one
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sun, Feb 15 2004, 4:25:58 pm PST

Rack: You are not alone in being distraught.

My greatest fear is that, now that there will be NO Joss shows on the air, the Barge and Magic Box will go away. I hope we don't let that happen.

Oh, and BTW...

text

LOTD

Subject: *gasp* Sean Astin!

Author:
tarasapprentice
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sun, Feb 15 2004, 4:09:19 pm PST

lol rack I love the ALL you Sean Astin fans...I think it's just me...

My track of the week is a little song dedicated to you all in honor of valentines day. It's from the musical Wicked (no it's not a show about rack)

I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you:

Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend:
Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you:
I have been changed for good.

Subject: I don't believe it........

Author:
Rack_the_warlock
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sun, Feb 15 2004, 12:28:54 pm PST

It’s really sad news that WB have decided not to renew Angel for a further season. I honestly don’t know what reason they can have for this, I would have thought that Angel’s viewing figures would have increased picking up on some Buffy refuges who perhaps weren’t regular viewers. I don’t see how they reckon “Dark Shadows” will fare any better, but then I can’t really comment. Not living in America I don’t know anything about the show. But if “Dark Shadows” doesn’t pull in the viewers will they realise their mistake?

No doubt Joss is busy writing the ending for Angel where he and Spike have to put together an army of vampires to fight the “Big Bad”. Willow (appearing as a special gust star) works some major mojo to give all these vamp souls. In time they all achieve Shanshu and go on to marry one off the many Slayers, except Fith who’s spoken for I might add.

I was going to post comments on “Your Welcome” and “Why We Fight” but I’m far too distraught at the moment.

Bit later than normal and a change from the planned ditty….Rack’s Track of the Week

In view of recent evens this week’s track of the week is Why? by The Eurythmics

Well, the title says it all.

A note for all Sean Astin Fans: Sean is set to appear in NBC’s Las Vegas which airs on March 1st .

Take care all!!!!!!!!!!1
Subject: ummm, this may be a teensy bit late

Author:
Evil Goddess Fire
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sun, Feb 15 2004, 6:46:40 am PST

Happy Valentine's Day! Especially those that sent me e-greetings.
Subject: Hey all!

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sun, Feb 15 2004, 4:18:56 am PST

As you know, the WB officially announced the demise of ANGEL. At least they notified Joss Whedon in advance so everyone can put together a fitting finale. Someone on another message board posted that the WB has put an offer on the table to continue Angel's adventures as a series of telefilms; no response from the Whedon camp on that.

Why is this happening? The WB put a new DARK SHADOWS into development. Can't have TWO vampire shows, now can we. >:(

I don't suppose UPN is looking for good entertainment? They could use some!

LOTD

Subject: no no no no no no no

Author:
Lionhunter - older but none the wiser
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sat, Feb 14 2004, 7:08:48 am PST

How in gods name does drivel such as Charmed get renewed without a blink, and Angel gets dumped???

Am going offline to sulk...and probably suck my thumb.

Lionhunter
Subject: I echo the below sentiment

Author:
Evil Goddess Fire
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sat, Feb 14 2004, 7:00:31 am PST

Mags, you're letter is good, and I don't mean to make anyone any sadder, but It was publicly stated that there was nothing we could do.
Subject: GRR AARGH!

Author:
Kung Fu Cowboy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sat, Feb 14 2004, 3:17:05 am PST

Magista I want to thank you for writing a letter that tells the WB how and what we as a fanbase think. I think you have caught the vibe of how we are all feeling as we hear this news.

Upon saying goodbye to Buffy last year I had hoped to hold on to the Angel series as a bit of a security blanket because most other shows on television are all alike. I suspect many other people were doing the same, now to hear that the network is not renewing it is almost a slap in the face of what I have seen to be one of the most loyal fan groups I have seen.

Once I was an optimist but in this world it is getting increasingly hard to look on the bright side and so I will hope that the WB recants this decision and continues Angel, despite the fact that they seem to be happy with their choice.

I made a comment last year that all television is begining to look the same. with all the cop show spin offs and reality TV [and countless countries renditions of same] it is getting so you could watch anything and know exactly what it was about immediately. I saw Buffy and Angel as something different and refreshing and now it seems it will all end.

An interesting aside:
Anyone remember those old science fiction shows where people from the future or another planet show up and they are all identical? It seems that with all the identical TV shows and identical cars and now even sports that we are going the same way. It would be a shame for people to lose their individuality/
Subject: I had to try...

Author:
magista
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Feb 13 2004, 11:32:37 pm PST

This is a copy of a letter I sent to the WB. I have little faith in its efficacy, but I had to do something.

----------

I am writing to let you know how disappointed I am that you have decided not to renew the series 'Angel' for a sixth season.

It has been, and continues to be, programming that makes viewers think, and laugh and cry along with the fates of the characters. Characters that, to us, are much more real than any 'reality' contestants will ever be. We believed that The WB was an advocate of unconventional programming, and cheered their support of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" for five years, and "Angel" for five (almost, now) of its own. And to a fledgling network, they in turn provided a cadre of loyal viewers to stand strongly behind their quality products.

Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy together have produced eight years of television that defies convention and inspires conversation. To let a relationship with a resource like that lapse seems foolish, at best. Incomprehensible to many of us.

Jordan Levin's comments at the 100th episode celebration seem particularly hypocritical in light of this news. "...creatively we’re very happy". Is this the action of a network that is 'happy' with its show?

And now a 70s remake instead of original programming? Mr. Levin's comment about "Dark Shadows" seems particularly telling, as reported in the Akron Beacon Journal online article at http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/entertainment/7872398.htm. "I don't think the shows will be competing against one another." You'll forgive us if we wonder how long this has been in the works.

Then to say that you have told the production company now so that they can 'have the ending they deserve' is a backhanded compliment indeed. I'll certainly have little incentive to watch any of your other programming, or support your advertisers now.

Please do me the courtesy of _not_ sending me a mealymouthed 'we understand that fans are upset, but...' blah-blah response. What _we_ understand is that you put safety above innovation, and prefer retreads to originality.

Congratulations. You're just like one of the big networks now.

Brenna Toblan
Calgary, Canada
Subject: Angel

Author:
Evil Goddess Fire
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Feb 13 2004, 9:08:59 pm PST

I may be an evil Goddess, but I really love Angel. This is devastating.
Subject: {{HUGS}} dogtrot!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Feb 13 2004, 8:41:29 pm PST

I'm right there with you.

If there was one thing to unify all the shippers (Spuffy, Spangel, Bangel, Fresley, Frunn, Spillow, Tillow, Woz, etc.)..

this would be it!

BTW, I made an error and forgot to include the link for the renew Angel site
(I seem to be doing this a lot lately).

Take two!

Why We Fight!
www.renewangel.com
Subject: More news

Author:
Mazzy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Feb 13 2004, 8:37:29 pm PST

This is a more thorough article and includes reactions from crew, etc:

Zap 2 it article

BTW, the above article has plot spoiler for the next Angel episode "Smile Time" Consider yourself warned.

Why We Fight!
Renew Angel!

Also, this was posted on the Beta:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Princess of Darkness says:
(Sat Feb 14 03:30:27 2004 80.228.143.250) [Edit/Delete]

Attention Everybody! MSG from Fury

I just got to talk to Fury for a minute and he comfirmed that it's true. He is afraid that there is nothing we can do. I told him that we are pretty much pissed and he said thats like we should be. They appeciate our effort. But we don't should knock ourselves out. And I shall tell you guys a big thank you from all the peeps at ME!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Bad News Alright

Author:
dogtrot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Feb 13 2004, 8:25:09 pm PST

We have sure fallen long and hard the last couple of years. I guess this is the end of an era. The Jossverse has collapsed into a black hole. In a few years, we'll all be able to say we were there for the real Golden Age of TV. Right now I just feel crappy.

I hope Wonderfalls fulfills it's promise.
Subject: grrr

Author:
Mazzy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Feb 13 2004, 7:37:01 pm PST

sorry link didn't post properly.

Take two!

WB Press Release
Subject: Bad news guys

Author:
Mazzy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Feb 13 2004, 7:35:19 pm PST

Angel's going...

read about it here:

http://thewb.com/PressRelease/Index/0%2c8341%2c156980%2c00.html>WB Press Release

This was announced a few hours ago. No official word from Joss and ME camp as of now.

I know of one online petition so far that has nearly 5000 signatures. It was started by people at the WB board

Petition to save Angel

also, take your grievances, right to the top...

Fax: 818-977-4033
Voicemail: 818-977-5000 - ask for voicemail feedback
E-mail: faces @ thewb.com
Feedback: http://www.thewb.com/Shows/WithFeedback/0,9310,74510,00.html

Jordan Levin, President - Entertainment
WB Entertainment
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg. 34R
Burbank, CA 91522

Also will let you know if there's any other offical Fan "Save our Show" campaign.

sad Mazzy
Subject: flyby

Author:
tarasapprentice
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wed, Feb 11 2004, 9:11:55 am PST

Wonderfalls = Tim Minear (yep there's a connection).

I'll be watching too Mazzy.
Subject: Barge link didn't work

Author:
Mazzy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Feb 10 2004, 10:36:19 pm PST

Take two:

The Barge
Subject: Wow! There's been posting

Author:
Mazzy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Feb 10 2004, 10:32:54 pm PST

Rack & Tara's apprentice I was working a job last year for CBS/UPN and got a first sneak peek into Joan of Arcadia. I definitely saw some Buffy connection (like 16 year old girl with a calling?) but anyway, I was curious about it, but didn't get to watch it regularly. I saw an episode a couple of weeks ago (about the preggers cheerleader girl--hey was that the gymnast chick from Never Been Kissed?) and I had seen a prior episode that I enjoyed. I tried to watch this week, but my sis and neice and nephew were over and couldn't focus on it.

I don't know if I'll get hooked on it, but I enjoy the occasional viewing.

LOL at Rack being *irked* by God. Yes he/she is a little pesky with the directions, eh?

T'app Thanks for the compliment *g*. I noticed Sean Astin was on the Grammy's the other night (they actually got him to say the word "Lord" and he wasn't talking about "Lord of the Rings" LOL). He looked like he had a little trouble with his suit.

Also, I've bought my ticket for Vegas cc: LOTD

I too so a blip of a preview for "Wonderfalls" tonight and was racking my brain (get it?) to try and remember what the Buffy connection was. Isn't there always a Buffy connection?

Did I tell you guys that Seth Green will be on the show "Married to the Kellys" On Friday, Feb 13th on ABC. The star of the show is Breckin Myer, who is Seth's RL best friend. I think it will be a hoot (oh wait, you'll all be watching JOA at that time, won't you?)

Where's the Seth love?

Rack believe or not I did start making graphics for your postcards. Attempting to do some V-day ones, but I also realize that V-day is just around the bend. If I don't get them done, I will do others. You can count on me!

Tomorrow looks to be an interesting/controversial episode of Angel. I'll probably be postint, post-show at the sister site,the barge and then fly by here late tomorrow or next day if anyone wants to discuss.

Is anyone aside from Rack able to watch the show???

Ok, late and am going now

Mazzy
Subject: tarasApprentice

Author:
dogtrot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Feb 10 2004, 6:31:27 pm PST

Finally! I've been waiting for Wonderfalls for such a long time.
Subject: Wonderfalls!!!!

Author:
tarasapprentice
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Feb 10 2004, 12:08:39 pm PST

Ah! I'm so excited! Last night I saw a trailer for Tim Minear's new series Wonderfalls. If you guys remember this was the show I went on and on and on and ...yeah on again about when I got back from the comic con last year.
It is set to premiere on FOX on Friday, March 12th at 9. Watch it!

Mazzy All hail Seth! Your graphic rocks!!!
Subject: Wonderfalls!!!!

Author:
tarasapprentice
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Feb 10 2004, 11:57:11 am PST

Ah! I'm so excited! Last night I saw a trailer for Tim Minear's new series Wonderfalls. If you guys remember this was the show I went on and on and on and ...yeah on again about when I got back from the comic con last year.
It is set to premiere on FOX on Friday, March 12th at 9. Watch it!

Mazzy All hail Seth! Your graphic rocks!!!
Subject: Just watching Graduation Day pt. 2

Author:
Lionhunter - purveyor of fine spam
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Feb 10 2004, 2:33:57 am PST

and eating a chocolate donut with chocolate mousse filling and chocolate icing on the top....I'm very happy.

Mazzy Sorry. I thought we had a discussion during my Barge days about the Americanness of me! Must have been someone else. I lived in S.Calif. for 12 years. My children come out with americanisms and my spellings are all over the place due to my transatlantic upbringing. I also have discussions with Mr. L about old songs/tv/events that about 2/3 of the way through I realise that he has NO clue what I am talking about...(although I can't put that down in its entirety to a different upbringing!). He just nods and smiles - a bit like you would to a senile old woman.

*waves* to all
Subject: Aaaarrrgggghhhhh

Author:
Rack_the_warlock
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Feb 10 2004, 2:02:14 am PST

N.B. The third "g" is, of course, silent.

I scored a rather pathetic 53.2 on the 80s quiz. I got most of the HM/HR ones though, but failed to get the Heart one (which maybe due to the Nancy Wilson incident) and even worse I was kicking myself (well teddy actually) for failing to get the Metallica question. Still, like they say, if you remember the 80s, you weren’t there. I hate quizzes…now I remember why I cheat.

Mazzy: Still haven’t seen “YW” yet so I’ve been catching up on Joan of Arcadia. Don’t know if you watch it, I know tarasApp does. I’ve seen the first 10 episodes and I’m starting to find God irksome. But this maybe a normal reaction seeing as I’m somewhat less than holy. Impressive graphic BTW, I can’t tempt you into doing some ecards for us can I?

Teddy!!!: You forget that it was Seth’s Birthday on Sunday too..have you got stuffing between your ears or what.

Right, I’d better get back to pretending to be doing some work before they actually give me some to do…
Subject: Ola Magic Boxers!

Author:
Mazzy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, Feb 09 2004, 10:19:02 pm PST

Lionhunter Don't forget that you grew up in California? I actually never knew that, so
how could I forget it? LOL
BTW, here's Sooner or Later info

Rack " It’s so rare that we agree on anything that I had to go and lay down. "
Mwwaahh!! Yeah, curious for reactions on YW.

T'app I LOVE the Love Cats. Such a great bass line in that one.

Ooh and the quiz. I did pretty good, with a score of 116.5 (is that a possible score to get?)

Birthday dude or gnome or whatever, you forgot that yesterday, Feb 8th was Seth Green's Birthday!!

Subject: yay!

Author:
Evil Goddess Fire
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sun, Feb 08 2004, 6:43:03 am PST

Happy Birthday Ldyknight!

and a note to all Magic Box regulars, she is really busy lately, maybe when Summer hits.
Subject: Lock up your cookies…actually, just lock up everything!!!

Author:
Rack's_teddy_bear
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sun, Feb 08 2004, 3:37:21 am PST

Hi everyone!!! As the warlock is still trying to get to grips with his latest toy, a digital camera, and has delusions of being the next David Bailey the task of passing on Birthday wishes has fallen upon the small shoulders of yours truly. So if any of these kind people happened to get some cookies as presents, don’t forget to share them with me.

First up is a much missed poster of the Box’s, keeper of the things that go quack (or is it quack quack) and budding hoofer (Dark Magician had better be right that this isn’t anything rude ~ I’m too small to be hit with wooden fish)…….LdyKnight

Also celebrating a Birthday today is Alantie who used to post at the much missed and lamented UPN Bronze but appears to have fallen off the radar a bit

Happy Birthday LdyKnight and Alantie!!!!

I hope that the day brings you lots of joy…and cookies…so that you can share them…with me.

tarasApprentice: I asked the his warlockiness why he chose Stravinsky for his track of the week (or should that be tracks of the week seeing as it’s a whole ballets worth?) and he informed me that it was due to a reality show. There’s a show on over here at the moment called “I’m a celebrity get me out of here!” in which some Z list celebs are dumped in the Australian jungle, where they have to perform a verity of daft stunts in order to get food. Don’t know if you have something similar in the states..maybe “Survivor” is based on this idea but minus the celebs. Anyway, one of this year’s contestants is/was John Lydon (a.k.a. Jonny Rotten of the Spike approved Sex Pistols) who walk off the show because there was a danger that he might actually win the thing, which I guess would ruin his image. But he was chastised by the shows bosses for using expletives when they were live on air. Rack doesn’t watch the show himself, but they were talking about it at work and this discussion turned to outrageous music. A colleague of slightly-dodgy-user-of-magicks happened to mention the riot that happened in Paris when “Rites..” was premiered. A (dim) light lit up over his noggin and he thought I’ll use that as my track of the week. He likes people to think that he isn’t a complete cro-mag knuckle scraper just cause he likes heavy metal. He is actually partial to a bit of classical and most of the pieces that he recommends he did have or does have himself. Although anyone unlucky enough to hear him twanging on his guitar would know that he possess no musical talent of his own. Consider yourself fortunate that you live in a completely different country to him. So you see it’s not really that strange, although strange is often a word associated with the daft one.

I off to get something to eat, there are cookies out there with my name on them..

C-YA
Subject: Track of the Week

Author:
tarasapprentice
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Feb 06 2004, 2:10:31 pm PST

I thought I'd pick an 80's song: Love Cats by The Cure.

Here's an
80's Music Quiz

I didn't do very well on the quiz when I took it - I got a 57.

That's so strange you picked Stravinsky Rack as apprentice and I have been discussing him for a couple of weeks now, plus I met someone who was a student of his last week.
Subject: I don’t suppose...

Author:
Rack_the_warlock
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Feb 06 2004, 8:06:49 am PST

...if anyone knows if dark chocolate is poisonous to Teddy Bears…no I don’t think that it can be as the little crumb maker has scoffed his way through countless choccie cookies ~ oh hum.

Anyway….it’s Friday and that means that it’s time for ……Rack’s Track of the week

Taking a giant step away from the usual heavy metal with this weeks offering. Time for a little culture me thinks, so I bring you …….

Le sacre du printemps (The Rite of Spring) by Stravinsky

The genius that is Stravinsky is probably the musical equivalent to say Picasso. His neo-classical style was immensely popular in the early to mid part of the 20th Century and undoubtedly the furore that this caused on its opening help to make him famous.
This ballet is based on a solemn Russian pagan rite where wise elders would sit watching a young girl dance herself to death to propitiate the god of spring. It was years ahead of its time in many ways - its fragmentation of melodies, its complex rhythms and its innovative use of percussion instruments which is dominated by an astonishing and unprecedented raw energy. The introduction to the first part starts with the famously high bassoon solo and the second part is more sinister until the atmosphere clears for the Mysterious Circle of Adolescents. Once the victim has been chosen, massive chords lead into the Glorification section. The Ancestors ritual itself is slow with sinuous, twining tunes. This eventually yields to the final Sacrificial Dance, jagged, violent and abrupt, in which melody and harmony disappear under the irregular battering rhythms.

( Mr Warlock used production notes by the Nottingham Philharmonic to aid with the above)

Mazzy:: It’s so rare that we agree on anything that I had to go and lay down. I haven’t seen “You’re Welcome” yet, hopefully at the weekend. We’ll have to see if the trend continues.

Okay, I’m off to see if I can temp the Birthday Faery into a joint venture as a sky writer. Generous split of seventy –thirty on all profits made. I’m sure that the Faery would find it’s thirty percent very handy.

Take care all!!!!
Subject: indeed

Author:
Evil Goddess Fire
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Feb 06 2004, 7:08:12 am PST

Lionhunter, indeed I do! I never let my puppies near the stuff (although this last Christmas one of them almost ate an entire chocolate orange.
Subject: Did you know that dark chocolate is poisonous to dogs?

Author:
Lionhunter
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Feb 06 2004, 1:27:13 am PST

Just thought I would throw that in there as a public service message!

gothicwoman So sorry that I am a hopeless scroller and didn't see your birthday! Hope you had a wonderful day. xxx

Mazzy Don't forget that I grew up in California - I'm not sure if Sooner or Later was ever shown over here. I did love it though. Don't think I've ever read Summer Sisters - I'll have to try and get a copy.

*waves* to everyone.
Subject: Sooner or Later!!!

Author:
Mazzy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, Feb 05 2004, 11:00:01 pm PST

Lionhunter OF COURSE I remember Sooner or Later. The TV movie starred Rex Smith who created several songs for it including "Sooner or Later" and "You Take My Breath Away" (which I loved!). I haven't seen it in years and have forgotten a lot about it, but I would LOVE to see it again. I had no idea it was a book (or that there were sequels). It's odd that someone across this big ocean knows about something I thought was so incredibly obscure. How cool is that. And Judy Blume was my favorite author growing up. I've read all her books. Have you read "Summer Sisters"? That's a great one. I just wish she was a bit more prolific (for adult readers anyhow).

Ok, I've some thoughts on You're Welcome...

"you're welcome"
Ok, Cordy's dead. :snif:

I'm in shock. I can't believe it. It's gone, no more.

I was theorizing (as I was watching it) that she was gonna die in this ep. based on the following:

1) one ep stint. She'd have to go somewhere
2) Watching the Doyle tape *SNIF* and commenting on what he did, how it was right. He died a hero.
3) The scene at the end with Lindsey/Angel fighting and Cordy having to shut down the "mcguffin" reminded me of how Doyle died. Stopping that thing. I figured she was gonna have a similar death.

I was however, relieved after that fight was over, watched with bated breath. My heart is still pounding!

Something about the way that elevator dinged too and how she was with Wes at the end, made me think, ok she's gonna die. I was waiting for something to HAPPEN to her (I so don't think outside the box).

And I was thinking, her just saying goodbye and leaving like this doesn't make sense. It was completely out of character, especially after everything she was saying to Angel the entire episode.

But they pulled a fast one on us.

So, she was dead the entire episode I suppose.
Things to think about...
1) she was corporeal
2) Spike bit her and tasted blood
3) ok, there were two phone calls a) the one to Angel saying that Cordy was awake and b) one telling her she died. So who made that first phone call? TBTP.
4) Was that Cordy's body on the bed when Angel and Wes came in the room?
5) Didn't the hospital staff and countless others see her? Ok, well they'll explain it away another time, another way I suppose.

There were many touching scenes in the episodes...Wesley and Cordy hitting the books "kicking it old school" (How cute was he saying that?), Cordy's greetings with everyone (including Harmony!), watching the Doyle tape and Cordy being really forthright and loyal to Doyle and what he stood for. What a beautiful tribute!

The end scene, how bittersweet and lovely.

Thank you thank you to David Boreanaz, Charisma Carpenter, Alexis Denisof, Dave Fury and everyone for giving us such a beautiful and relevant treat. It was a nice gift for long time viewers and it fit so well into the current storyline.

It fixed so many holes left dangling as far as Cordelia and her relationship to others and it bridged the gap between the first season and this season so well.

Awesome work!

I do feel sad about Lindsey's being gone (though he was Baaaaad!) I have a feeling he'll be back, as will Eve who seemed to get off scott free. Hmm, what's that about??

<--You're Welcome

So what did everybody else think of it???

Actually, I did have tons more to say and if you fly-by the barge, you'll see a lot of spoiler fonted posts with my thoughts and others'. Too exhausted to rehash all the details here. It took a lot out of me, this episode.
Subject: my 22nd birthday!

Author:
gothicwoman2001
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, Feb 05 2004, 12:33:58 pm PST

gothic stumbles from the lurker loft, looking very tired and dishevelled. she has a huge grin on her face, and she is holding hands with a rather worse-for-wear leather-clad Spike-Bot.

phew! that was a good birthday! i spent most of the day in the lurker loft with my new friend! lol

Rack_the_warlock - thankyou very much for my dancing smarties! they were fun!

tarasapprentice & apprentice to tarasapprentice - thankyou for my lovely psycadelic greeting! i was v impressed!

Kung fu Cowboy - thankyou too. i hope you are well!

Mazzy - of course there are Spikebots! we have lots of bots here, including a specially ordered Angelbot with leather trousers (mentioning no names!) i also have a rather lovely Spike-shaped chair in the lurker loft! yay me!

xxjoxx
Subject: Just out of interest...

Author:
Lionhunter
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, Feb 05 2004, 12:22:31 pm PST

This is aimed at the wonderful American girls amongst us- Do you remember a tv movie called Sooner or Later? There was a book by the same title and a sequel called Waiting Games. I have both the books and loved them and the movie sooooo much when I was in my (I'm guessing) very early/pre-teens. They were about a young girl called Jessie who fell in love with a slightly older rock musician and lied about her age. I've just discovered that there was a third book called Now or Never but it must be out of print. I can't wait until my girls get old enough to read them. I also still have all my Judy Blume books, particularly Forever, parts of which I read over and over and over again when I was a naive 14 year old.
Subject: There are Spikebots here too?

Author:
Mazzy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wed, Feb 04 2004, 11:20:26 pm PST

Hmm no wonder they were missing from the Barge tonight. It seems that Spikegood is the only who gets to play with them lately.

Ok I have ALOT to say about tonight's episode (number 100) but did so much of that at the barge already, so will have to post them here tomorrow or soon.

Rack, Lotd and T'app I think we need to make a distinction on torture here. Yes, I agree that Spike was into the torture with the railroad spikes, but that's a different kind of torture, kind of like a wham, bam thank you ma'm kind of torture. That's Spike's style, not the slow, deliberate over a period of time torture that I'm saying he's NOT capable of. Ok, maybe I'm shouldn't say he's not capable of it, but it's generally not his style. Spike's impatient and wants to get the party started. That's what the dialogue demonstrates to me (thankfully reposted here by Lotd).

in Damage.. the torture inflicted on Dana is the slow, carefully laid out type. Spike's more like the "tie her up til she tells me she loves me" type of torture. Even the last scene where Spike and Angel are discussing Dana and what happened, Angel admits that he would have considered Dana a masterpiece. He was the vamp that liked to take his time with things. With what he did to Dru and how he was slowly torturing Buffy (sneaking into her room and leaving sketches of her and her mother). Heck Spike even complained about Angel's slow, methodical ways. Angel's kind of like the Dr. Evil and Spike's the Scotty (just shot 'em!) LOL. So that's basically my point about Spike not being capable of that torture

See Rack I backed you up! We're in agreement! Pigs are flying!

Happy Birthday Gothic Woman!
Subject: Gothicwoman!

Author:
Kung Fu Cowboy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wed, Feb 04 2004, 9:26:08 pm PST

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Subject: Rack

Author:
tarasapprentice
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wed, Feb 04 2004, 6:36:44 pm PST

I'm really glad you're going to see Joan Of Arcadia too *s* Tell me what you think after you've seen the first 4 episodes. Is there anyone evil? Well...Price isn't very likable. But I think you'll like Grace and maybe Adam too.

Still no word on the Amber Benson as corrupt cop film, however, Latter Days just came out recently and is showing in select theatres - hopefully that will make it onto dvd pretty soon so we can watch it.

tarasapprentice fills up the fridge under the stairs with strawberries, lights the extra flamey candle and departs

Subject: Gothicwoman

Author:
tarasapprentice & apprentice to tarasapprentice
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wed, Feb 04 2004, 9:27:24 am PST

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GOTHICWOMAN!!!!!!

Subject: Happy Birthday, gothicwoman!

Author:
The Birthday Faery
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wed, Feb 04 2004, 8:03:54 am PST

A twinkling blue light pops into the Magic Box and circles the room like a tiny comet - towing a trail of sparkling firedrops in its wake. Letters appear in mid-air spelling out Happy Birthday gothicwoman in large purple script. Flaming candles burst into being on the cake Lionhunter kindly (and fortuitously) provided. The little winged being gives a last wave of its star-topped wand, and a leather-clad Spike-Bot emerges from the back room to await the arrival of the Birthday Girl.
Subject: hee!

Author:
Evil Goddess Fire
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wed, Feb 04 2004, 8:01:51 am PST

Rack the Warlock, no actually she isn't big and doesn't bite.;) I should post a link for pictures I think.... maybe later.
Subject: Ton up for the boys!!!

Author:
Rack_the_warlock
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wed, Feb 04 2004, 7:42:33 am PST

Happy 100th episode to those lucky enough to be able to watch it.

Evil Goddess Fire: “Horses, like big, tall, teeth that can take your arm off horses?” – Sorry I just could resist that Willow quote from “Where the wild things are”

Lord of the dance: In return for spreading the word about the Wide Game you know that I do expect you to write a novel with a warlock in it. Not much to ask is it?

tarasApprentice: Thanks for the Amber update, is that film that Amber’s in where she plays a police officer out anytime soon do you know? And you’re quite right in what you said about Spike/torture. It’s not worth falling out over (*warlock vigorously waves olive branch – well actually it’s a teddy bear with some leaves stuck on it, but it’s the best he could do at short notice*). BTW, I got those first 13 episodes of Joan of Arcadia yesterday. I’m hoping to watch a couple of episodes this evening. I just hope that there’s a suitably evil person in it that I can route for.

Just time to say

Happy Birthday Gothicwoman!!!

Take care all!!!!
Subject: US POSTERS

Author:
tarasapprentice
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wed, Feb 04 2004, 6:53:07 am PST

Just a quick announcement that if you live in the US the cast of Angel will be appearing on the Ryan Seacrest show today - on your FOX station - comes on at 5 p.m. pacific time.

Don't miss it.

Subject: I am almost here! I think...

Author:
Lionhunter - I have seen the future...it is BANGEL!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wed, Feb 04 2004, 5:58:16 am PST

*waves* and smooches to everyone!

Saw Damage this morning - thank you to Faith's wonderful warlock and keeper of the teddy! Yet again, really enjoyed the episode. This season is wonderful. The disk went hinky at the point when Dana managed to capture Spike but I managed to pretty much work out what happened from then on and really enjoyed the conversation between Andrew and Angel about who should care for Dana. I wonder if team Buff really have lost faith in team Angel or whether this is another story arc brewing or what... I loved hearing about the whereabouts of the others. But would Giles really have taken Andrew under his wing???? I find that hard to believe although I loved seeing Andrew again - Giles must have been absolutely desperate...surely Principal Wood would (wood would....hah hah hah hah) have made a better sidekick. And I know we are not supposed to make personal remarks about the appearance of actors but I really do prefer Andrew without the curlylocks effect.

I think perhaps I've mentioned that Sky are reshowing Angel season 4 which I am loving all over again. On Monday we saw the "step away from the glass" moment which is just great. I see that Buffy 7 and Angel 4 DVD's now have release dates of March/April. Must start saving pennies...

Lionhunter empties a sack of live rabbits in front of the panther, which immediately scatter all over the magic box...that ought to keep him busy hunting for a while. She doesn't want him getting bored and starting to eat people. She collects up all his discarded deer/cow/wildebeest bones and flings them with scary inaccuracy at the goat. Lionhunter then places a huge heart shaped chocolate fudge cake on the bar for everyone to tuck in to...after all...it is only 10 days until Valentines Day! After giving the goat one more stare with her best evil eye, Lionhunter departs.
Subject: eh

Author:
Evil Goddess Fire
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Feb 03 2004, 7:09:54 am PST

Meh, not been on much lately. Evil horses keeping me away. Last night my sister's new chestnut mare kicked her sorrel mare so hard she bled. Re-fencing to be done today. Oh, yes, I ought to mention that the Chestnut mare (pretty darn accurately dubbed Willow) is pretty much almost mine.

And I missed the last episode of Angel. The dish was turned off. Meh.
Subject: tarasApprentice

Author:
dogtrot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, Feb 02 2004, 6:45:49 pm PST

Good news about AB. I'm glad to learn she's got something in the works. I keep hoping all the Buffy people will do well, so this is happy news.
Subject: TaraApp

Author:
Corsa_am
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, Feb 02 2004, 11:12:06 am PST

No problem just wanted to make sure you got it.
Subject: Amber Benson update

Author:
tarasapprentice
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, Feb 02 2004, 7:25:34 am PST

Del rey books has signed Amber and Chris Golden to author a series of "Ghosts of Albion" novels. The first of the series is planned for 2005. Eden studios has also signed the pair to help them produce and distribute an original role playing game based on the series.

corsa Yes! I did get you mail and I just haven't been able to reply yet. Expect something soon though *s*

rack Thanks for the coupon! I am planning on using it.

rack and LOTD Rack, since I have not read the piece you are referring to I therefore cannot comment on it. In my opinion it is just another case of writers getting all jumbled up. What was posted was good evidence but still the blunt fact I pointed out stands strong as well, giving the writers license to say whatever or rewrite what has already been established (as they seem to be having a great time of).

Subject: Hey gang

Author:
corsa_am
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, Feb 02 2004, 3:55:43 am PST

Hey sorry it's been so long but I haven't really been anywhere near my computer for a week and before that I haven't been around nearly as much as normal.

TaraApp Did you get the E Mail I sent you?? No problems if you did and haven't had chance to reply. Just wanted to know you had gotten it.

{{hugs}} to everyone.
Subject: A torturous subject.

Author:
Rack_the_warlock
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, Feb 02 2004, 2:00:37 am PST

Don’t know why whether Spike does or doesn’t torture people is an issue, but I’m reminded of this comment that Spike makes towards the end of “Lovers Walk”

Spike: (smiling) I'm really glad I came here, you know? I've been all wrongheaded about this. Weeping, crawling, blaming everybody else. I want Dru back, I've just gotta be the man I was, (stands proud) the man she loved. I'm gonna do what I shoulda done in the first place: I'll find her, wherever she is, tie her up, torture her until she likes me
again.

Again, we don’t actually know if Spike carried out any of this. We do know that Drucilla went off with a fungus demon so even if he did then it wasn’t successful. It could be argued that the torture in this instance would be more akin to some twisted “sex play” rather than torture as we know it, or rather don’t.

Well the panthers did pretty well. The gamble on the two point conversions and that disastrous kick off after they had scored their forth touchdown is what cost them the game in the end.
Subject: Backing up Rack

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, Feb 02 2004, 12:16:35 am PST

Mazzy posted this torture scene from Angel season 1 in another forum with comments on how it relates to Damage in spoiler:

Marcus lays his hand on Angel’s heart: “He’s known
love.”

Spike: “Yeah, and with a Slayer no less. How is that for
perversion?”

Marcus: “And he has a soul.”

Spike bored: “Right, vampire with a soul. Cursy-cursed to
walk the earth trying to do good. That’s not going to be a
problem, is it?”

Marcus: “On the contrary. Creatures with souls have
something to lose.”

Spike: “Souls, fingers, toes… Let’s get chopping, will
you? I want my damn ring!”
** I find this ironic in light of Spike's losing his hands. But it also shows that Spike's impatient with the torture thing. He wants to get down to business!**

Marcus to Angel: “What do you want, Angel?”

Angel: “Are you going to torture me, or just bore me to
death?”

Marcus goes to pick up a poker that has been heating in a
fire-barrel and stabs it clear through Angel’s lower right
chest. Angel suppresses a scream.

Marcus: “Probably a little of both.”

Spike with a smile: “Someone’s having shish kabob.”

Cut to later. Angel has several metal pokers sticking
through different parts of his body.

Marcus playing with some pliers: “What do you want Angel?”

Angel gasping: “A house in the country, a pair of good
running shoes that you can also wear out to dinner.”

Spike pacing impatiently: “Why do you keep asking him that?
And why do you keep playing that bleeding Brahms?”

Marcus: “Actually it’s Mozart. Symphony 41. I find it
very effective.”

Spike: “Yeah? Personally I prefer his older funnier
symphonies myself. - LOOK I WANT MY RING BACK! (kicks a
box, the breaks a wooden handle and aims the resulting stake
at Angel’s chest) If I don’t get it pretty soon, I’m going
to stake me old Sire right here and now!”

** Further evidence that Spike was never one for the pre-show. He's impatient (the pacing) and doesn't want to play games. He wants what he wants and he'll even act irationally (staking Angel) to get it. This demonstrates behavoir that is polar opposite to what was demonstrated in Dana's imagination--where Spike was the torturer. Spike could NEVER be that torturer. Plus this is shown on Angel, NOT Buffy, so it is Angel lore (by Angel writers). They would be going against there own history had they made it Spike**

Marcus: “Are you finished? He knows you won’t kill him
until you get the ring. He knows you’re lying.”

Spike drops the stake, to Marcus: “*You* get it for me.”

Marcus: “Soon he’ll want to tell me everything he knows -
and then some. - And he knows I’m not lying.”

Spike looking at Angel: “I believe he does.”

Angel: “You’re an idiot, Spike.”

Spike: “You think? Because I’m not the one chained to the
ceiling with hot pokers in my side,”

Angel: “You hired a vampire. What do you think he is going
to do with the rings when he finds it, huh? Hand it over to
you?”

Spike: “Oh, good Lord, why didn’t I think of…? Oh, wait
half a mo’, I did. I hired a guy who doesn’t care about the
ring, or anything else on God’s green earth except taking
blokes apart one piece at a time. - It’s called addiction,
Angel. We all have it. - I believe yours is named Slutty
the vampire Slayer. (music ends and Spike breathes a sigh
of relief) Thank you! - Speaking of little Buff, I ran
into her recently. Your name didn’t come up. Although she
has been awful busy jumping the bones of the first lunk-head
that came along. Good-looking fellow - used her
shamelessly. - She is cute when she is hurting, isn’t
she?”

Angel: “I think she’s cuter when she’s kicking your ass.”

Marcus starts the LP over and Spike sighs.

Spike: “I think I will go get a bit of fresh air - leave
you two kids to it. (Marcus sticks another hot poker
through Angel’s thigh, who lets out a short scream) Now
that is music!”

Rack the warlock: Re: Coupon...Thanks for spreading the word! Hope you enjoy the coffee! :)

LOTD

http://www.cafeshops.com/bymichaelwest
Subject: A spikey issue

Author:
Rack_the_warlock
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sun, Feb 01 2004, 2:19:57 pm PST

Regarding Spike and torture, true he did get his nickname from torturing his victims with a railroad spike. However, these victims were the people who scoffed at his poetry and the idea for torturing them from a comment that one of them made in the episode “Fool for love” and this was expanded on in the book “These our Actors”. Aside from these, we have no evidence that Spike tortured any subsequent victims. I’m hoping that Mazzy backs me up on this and that no wooded fish come my way.

~BTW, when I ordered my Wide game coffee mug (with free coffee) I sent a coupon to those attending the writers whatever it is in Vegas. Just in case you want to get yourselves something, you can get five bucks off an order over $20.

Okay, coverage of the Superbowl has just started and they’ve got Aerosmith on at somepoint. Come on the Panthers!!!
Subject: Rack and Mazzy

Author:
tarasapprentice
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sun, Feb 01 2004, 12:25:01 pm PST

Just got a quick moment to say that Spike was all about the torture. He got the name Spike from torturing his victims with railroad spikes!

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sun, Feb 01 2004, 6:50:13 am PST

Top o' the mornin' to ya!

Rack the warlock: LOL about the coffee being hot. THAT would be some mug! :)

On Damage: *This was on par with Passion IMHO.

To win over The First, I don't think Buffy had a choice in creating the army of Slayers (even Wes was impressed by the idea). Nor do I think there was any way for her to see all of the far-reaching consequences of unleashing this power upon the world--in much the same way that Einstein lamented the atom bomb only after it was created. The price of victory is high in any war, and the war to close the Hellmouth was no exception. Only now are we discovering the fallout.

How did Spike know about the hospital? Lindswy is either in touch with the mystical or he still maintains contacts at W&H. Angel was told. Lindsay may have also been clued in.

Love Andrew's line about the slayers he was with: "None of whom have dated you." LOL

But can we really believe that Buffy no longer trusts Angel? I for one think there's more to it than that. Is someone besides Giles pulling the strings? How does this relate to the killer zombie ninjas? Time will tell.

LOTD

Subject: Vampires Los Muertos

Author:
Rack_the_warlock
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sun, Feb 01 2004, 5:36:38 am PST

Some damaging thoughts on “Damage”
** For me this was the best episode so far, but then I like dark. I wondered if we would see any of the new slayers make an appearance, but I never thought that they would appear as a deeply disturbed psychotic. But, given that there are hundreds - maybe thousands of them out there, there’s always the chance that there will be a bad apple in the barrel. To answers tarasApprentice’s question of whether Buffy was right to invoke the slayer power in all the potentials. Well, you have to remember that no one was sure as to just what the amulet did or even how to use it. Could Buffy really gamble the fate of the world on some piece of jewellery? True, whilst ultimate victory was achieved by the use of the amulet, it did take sometime for this to work and they did need to contain the army of ubervamps to prevent them from escaping the hellmouth and Sunnydale itself. This would have been difficult to achieve without the potentials having full slayer power. Maybe the price of saving the world was the creation of a psychotic slayer and the death of a few innocents but weigh that up with the price of failure and you will see why any command (in the sense of an army) is neither easy.
Back to “Damage” I wondered just how Spike knew about the incident at the mental hospital, does Lindsey really have visions? I thought that the vampires were just a set up to fool Spike, but I guess we’ll find out eventually. I thought that it was great to see Andrew again, a genuinely funny character. So Spike and Andrew saved the world? Not even a mention of poor Anya who died saving him, how soon they forget.
Dana’s flashbacks to her horrifying experience and the not showing us her assailant had me thinking that there was a reason for this, it was probably someone we know – Spike. As you can imagine I was well please with myself when they show her attacker to be Spike. But then felt a little suckered when that turned out not to be the case. I had recalled the story that Spike told Dawn in “Crush” about killing a girl’s family and finding her hiding in the coal bunker and this had echoes of that. But as Mazzy says, Spike’s not really one for the torture and I should have seen that.
Not too sure if Andrew’s motives for rescuing Spike are as clear we may think. He did want the slayer after all and using Angel after Spike was captured was an obvious choice. Andrew maybe a lot wilier than we give him credit for. I liked the Spike/Angel conversation at the end. Hopefully Dana isn’t too far gone and can be treated. But in any event she has left a few victims in her wake, and who knows, even a little girl starting to go crazy over the murder of her father. Is it a never ending cycle?

By the way, did anyone notice if Andrew said where F♥ith was? Perhaps she hasn’t found her way to Nottingham yet.

Just to go back to Tara being in a big hole in he ground. Isn’t the whole point that Tara isn’t in a hole in the ground. Sure her body is, but Tara lives on in the hearts and mind of those who love her. Which is at least one person here that I know off. But I still think that we should push Dawnie down the hole.

Happy superbowl everyone – come on the panthers (although I’m pretty sure New England will win)

Sorry forget to say Hiya to SeraphSarah in my last post, hope to see you again.

Lord of the Dance: I’ve got a Wide game coffee mug on order. BTW, I take two sugars – but won’t the coffee be cold by the time it gets to England?

Take care all!!!!

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Jan 30 2004, 5:07:39 pm PST

How has everyone been?

I wish life could slow down a bit. It's already Feb. 2004 tomorrow! I just can't believe how fast time flies.

Okay...last 3 weeks of Angel:
I thought Harm's Way was one of the best episode's ever! I haven't laughed that hard watching an episode of television in a long time. From the opening montage, when it was mentioned that W&H were involved with Weyland-Yutani (the Company from the A L I E N films) to the final cat fight when Harmony staked the vamp on the boardroom table, I just loved everything about this sucker!
It was nice to see a dose of Buffy-esque humor injected into the very heart of this show. :)

Now, the next episode was classic Angel...dark, mysterious, and advancing the arc. The way they took the idea of Doyle feeding Angel visions and perverted it...it made me grow all new feelings of dislike for Lindsay (sp?).

And then there was Wednesday night's episode which was the best of both worlds: Andrew humor from Buffy, and dark, compelling story telling from Angel. It was nice to get an update on all of our friends (gotta agree with Spike, though...can't see Buffy calling Rome home). The Dana character was frightening and heartbreaking at the same time. Great banter between Angel and Spike. Andrew comparing Spike to Gandalf was a hoot! And I was shocked as ever by Spike's arms being sawed off (of course they had to put them back on right away!)

Can't wait for Cordy Wednesday night!

No doubt about it, this is the best season of Angel ever!

Responses:

tarasapprentice: The wife will be coming to Vegas, but the kids will be spending the weekend and Grandma and Grandpa's. :)

Mazzy: You're going to Vegas too? Yes, I will be speaking and (hopefully) selling lots of books. :)

Rack the warlock: Yes, you have to love the Wide Game coffee mugs. :)

In fact, right now...they come with free coffee! ;)

LOL

LOTD

Subject: Oops (again)

Author:
Rack_the_typo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Jan 30 2004, 2:08:10 pm PST

Not another typo, I should really learn to type one day. Will Metallica ever forgive me or will I remain Unforgiven? I need a Crash Course in Brain Surgery ~ Oh hum.
Subject: Damage Inc

Author:
Rack_the_warlock
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Jan 30 2004, 2:04:06 pm PST

Well, looks like the latest episode of Angel has provoked some interesting comments, I’ll have to wait until Saturday until I (hopefully) see “Damage” for myself. Anyhooooooooooooo, inspired by the title of this week’s epi, Rack’s Track of the Week is Master of Puppets by Metallice

This is the title track from Metallica’s third album and as well as being a thrash metal classic, is also a cautionary tale of drug addiction. The lyrics are almost as powerful as the riffs on this track, possibly inspired by Mr Hetfield’s own cocaine experiences, hopefully they will deter anyone possibly considering dabbling in substance abuse.

I didn’t know that Apprentice had such feelings against warlock killers to want to throw them into a hole, no wonder tarasApprentice hearts them. But whilst we’re at it, can we chuck Dawnie into the gaping chasm that was once Sunnydale too?

As it’s the Superbowl tomorrow, I decided to lend my support to the Carolina Panthers seeing how panthers are connected to at least a couple of people here. So expect a whitewash for New England. I recon that I should get at least two hours sleep before I have to get up and go to work. I just hope that Ground hog day doesn’t become like that movie.

As I mentioned, Alyson Hannigan is appearing in “When Harry Met Sally” at the Theatre Royal, Haymarket. Mr Warlock is off to see it on the 21st and will review it for you good people. Possibly even try to take a piccie of Ms Hannigan (but not push her down any holes).

~Teddy, time to hunt out that English to cockney/cockney to English phrase book.

Take care all!!!!!!
Subject: Wow

Author:
Evil Goddess Fire
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Jan 30 2004, 7:32:44 am PST

It's been mighty quiet in here. Can anyone give me a recap of the last Angel episode? the dish was turned off.
Subject: Thoughts on Damage

Author:
Mazzy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, Jan 29 2004, 8:58:47 pm PST

Had lots to say about this one.

That ep did what I love best about this show, scare me, crack me up, make me think and pissed me off. And of course smack my head also "I should've known that!"

It was almost flawless, dense with information--the whereabouts of others. Going out of my head already. Did Andrew say that Xander was in South Africa, Willow and Kennedy (grr, they're still together) are in Rio and Buffy and Dawn are in Rome. Isn't it interesting that they are at the four corners of the world. Each finding these potential slayers? And clearly Giles is heading up the new Watcher's council. Hmm maybe Wes would consider rejoining, but clearly Giles is skpetical of him and his abilities.

Dawn in scool in Rome--think that is a shout out 'cause of her new movie "Eurotrip"? So who are the "others" working with Giles and Andrew--Robin Wood? Faith? The Chinese former SIT.

Andrew was absolutley awesome. His reaction to seeing Spike was amazing. It was so nice to see someone genuinely amazed and happy and full of affection for Spike. I love that he blew off the W & H boys to pal around with Spike. It was a true gift for us.

The beginning in particular--while looking for her was interesting. Are we to assume that Lindsey approached Spike with another vision? Or does Spike have other sources. I liked seeing the different methodolgoies at work. In the end, who was more successful? I'm not sure, perhaps Spike 'cause he found her, but Angel saved Spike. But Angel wouldn't have found her if Andrew didn't find them. Ok, maybe 'cause of the Whiskey but that's unclear.

I posted earlier (at the Barge) "Oh My God" right after they showed that it was Spike chaining up the girl. It seemed so out of character. Not that evil Spike would do it, but I just
don't think Spike was one for the long torture game. As he said at the end, he was in it for the party. Torture was more Angel's game. It seemed really methodical. I was wondering how far they were going to go, if they were going to bring up that pseudo alter ego of Spike's "the Doc" (remember in As You Were--Riley said Spike was "The Doc"). And I also remembered just now Angel season 1 when Spike (and Oz guested). Spike didn't torture Angel himself, he
hired that scary/creepy guy. I think he made a comment about how that wasn't his deal. So I was a bit perplexed, though there was this part of me that said "no, this has to be wrong." (and then the smacking of the head later on).

My second post (which was one of fright at the barge) was about the hands being cut off. I couldn't believe it. Spike without hands is like a car without wheels--how could you feel the road?

More on that in a bit.

I can't stop about how much I loved the Andrew scenes. Overall, I loved his bit of maturity, the look the tweed, the confidence. He's still nerdy, but now he's insisting they all listen to his tale of the Vampyre Slayre. He's not taking any lip from any of them. I also loved his brown lunchbag with the British flag and his name written across it. Hey, Rupert says his "top man" then you know Rupert's not lying about his qualifications.

I loved the LOTR references, calling Spike Gandalf. That was just great. The scene were Andrew and Spike are walking and he asks what blood tastes like. It's kind of funny 'cause I know what blood tastes like, don't you guys? I mean haven't you ever cut your finger and sucked the blood a bit to stop the bleeding? Ok, I did that kind of thing as a kid, but you know--or cut your lip. I know what blood taste likes, but the penny analogy was good and then what a set up for Andrew tasting the penny and then when Spike smells the air and Spike says "the blood smells different--stronger", Andrew says "like nickels?"

That was priceless. (no pun intended)

I had comments about Spike doing this to the little girl, trying to rationalize it. Ok, it was 15 years ago. I was wondering if it was something he was doing for Dru, something she needed wanted. I was racking my brain trying to figure out where Spike was 15 years ago. It didn't seem likely that he would be in LA. I always imagined Europe--Prague, of course. They ran into that mob.

I also had this comment when Andrew goes to FG and tells them Spike's was caught.
"How in love with Spike is Andrew?"

About the little girl, I also wondered how she got away from that creep. See, thinking that Spike did it, it was unlikely that she would get away--more likely that he would let her get away. Couldn't make sense of it. But still, I wonder how she got away from that creep.

And then I wondered if Spike knew she was a potential and is why he was drawn to her. Killed her family, but not her? But none of that matters now.

And I think it was more disturbing to me to thing that Spike did that because in the flashbacks you see Spike as he looks now and it was recent events. Usually when you see Spike and Angel being overly evil, it's during the wig days. It seems so long ago, like they were completely different people.

So finally, the big reveal...

OH fug! Ok, it was a trick it wasn't him.

RELIEF; PHEW

Angel saved Spike's life. They are even know.

I knew this making all the potentials into Slayers was gonna be a bad thing.

Spike is saved; they got the hands.
THANK God they got his hands, otherwise I bet Spikegood would go looking for them. LOL. Keeper of Spike's hands.

And we know that W & H have the capability to restore hands. They did it for Lindsey.

Lindsey and his evil hand. Now will there be a connection between the two?

Andrew stands up to Angel. I LOVE it! And there they are, Slayers in all there glory.
(as a quick aside, are we to beleive that the FG didn't know there were more Slayers out there 'til Andrew showed up? I guess Spike kind of kept that info, or Buffy did, or Angel did.)

I love when Andrew tells Angel that it's not gonna go his way. He says "I've got 12 Slayers here and not one of them has ever dated you." LOL And then Angel plays the Buffy card and Andrew says "where do you think my orders came from."

I love it. Not any of the Sunnydale peeps (including Buffy) trust Angel and crew anymore.

Wow! That's big! They know (as Spike does) that they are in bed with the wrong people. Maybe that will play into Lindsey's plan. See, I kinda believe Lindsey is good and that Angel and co are the bad guys and they don't even realize it. Angel and crew are the big bad. They just don't know it yet. I love it!

No one in the Buffy camp trusts him anymore.

So Spike says he'll handle telling Buffy he's alive in his own way. Good, that means he's mulling it over, not that he gave up (which is what was demonstrated to us in Harm's Way) but that he's figuring out how to do it. I think he's still working on the redemption thing and proving himself (to himself) that he's worthy of her. Seems more likely. And now he's got more to work on as per his conversation with Angel (but do we really believe that Andrew's
gonna keep it quiet? I don't think so. He's gonna spill to someone.) Buffy will be pissed to hear it from Andrew and not Spike.

The last scene. First of all, I loved that Angel went to see Spike. Enough of the competitve crap, more relating to one another. They are in similar boats and this kind of conversation between the two of them, makes sense!

It hit me that Spike is like Fonzie. Fonzie could never say "I Love You" just like Spike can never tell Angel he's right. Ha ha. And they both were leather coats and have cool hair and stuff.

The whole thing that happened with Spike was good though. It knocked him down a peg or to, brought him back to the reality of things. So the redemption continues. Spike's starting to think about things again. I love how he said he went in it (the evil stuff) for the party, the rush and crunch, never looked back, never thinking about his victims. I think he has sometimes. I think about Sleeper and LMPTM, but I think he never looked back all that much because it was too painful to deal with. He needs those constant little reminders to keep him humble and human-like.

It keeps him sympathetic and worthy.

And Angel saying he looked at them and that he would've considered someone like Dana a masterpiece. (yep like what he did to Dru).

Oh, but the best has to be the bit of dialogue when Spike talks about Dana and that things don't look good for her now. "She's a monster" Angel says "No she's an innocent victim" "So were we once upon a time." Ain't it the truth. Never forget it!

Finally, I liked how Andrew talked about how if they knew Spike was alive they would have conferenced called. Even though Scoobs are still all over the world. But it's clear that Buffy's still running the show. He said his orders were from Buffy, so I guess they don't question her judgment anymore now, do they? Interesting.

Oh yeah and slightly disappointed we saw now Harmony/Andrew interaction. That would have been a kick.

And watching Spike and Andrew together--I could see a successful spin-off there. Andrew ROCKS!

Ok, I still like Spike!

Preview thoughts

Wow was that Spike biting Cordy? Is she still gonna be bad? Is he think she's gonna be bad? She lost the baby (Jasmine) weight already! LOL

I like that she too is gonna give them a hard time about W & H. I expect to see a mutiny soon. Too bad she couldn't be on same ep as Andrew, she coulda/shoulda taken off to Europe to be with him.

T'app Wow I never thought about the fact that Tara's even further underground. How sad is that?? Her grave and Joyce's grave and Jenny's grave have all been sucked into the Hellmouth *shudder*

Welcome to the Magic Box SeraphSarah!

Mazzy
Wild Child

Subject: Just saying Hello

Author:
SeraphSarah
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, Jan 29 2004, 8:19:12 pm PST

Hey, just came to say hi to tarasapprentice who told me about this board.

Last nights Angel was incredible! full of good humour.

I keep wanting Tara to guest star, but then I remember..she's gone:( nooo.
Subject: Damage

Author:
tarasapprentice
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, Jan 29 2004, 6:22:46 pm PST

I'm not yet ready to make my comments on last night's Angel but I'd like your thoughts on this: (yep lots of white screen to come) * If you want you can look at the whole FE defeat/saving the world (again!) thing as not really having much to do with Buffy/Scoobies/Slayerettes saving the world ,because really when you think about it or at least when I do, it was actually the amulet that did it, right? (well Angel and Spike too).What Buffy chose to do by invoking the whole slayer line - was it foolish? Was it irresponsible? It is only logical that if you have a Faith and theres how many slayers out there now - Dozens? Hundreds? - that it stands to reasn there's more (don't get excited Rack!) - and worse as was demonstrated in last night's episode. What do you think? *

When I reminded Apprentice that Tara was still in that hole in the ground (the town formerly known as Sunnydale) and said that Willow * was in Brazil or was it Mexico? With Miss Not So Special K * Apprentice said "That stupid Willow! She should be in the hole with Tara." What can I say I *heart* Apprentice!!

More later...

Main index ] [ Archives: 1234567[8] ]
RULES:

*Respect is paramount:
verbal attacks on other posters will not be tolerated.
use of profanity, sexually expicit refrences or verbage, racist, obscene, or sexist comments are prohibited.

*Please use spoiler font when refering to season 7 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer , season 4 of Angel and season 1 of Firefly.
(ex. *Spoiler text here*)

*This is not a chatroom. It helps to direct your comments or questions to a specific poster. Be aware that fellow posters are multitasking and may not respond immediately.

*Impersonating any poster or VIP, especially a member of the cast and crew of BTVS, angel or Firefly is strictly prohibited.

*We are in no way connected to or representatives of UPN, Mutant Enemy or any of it's related entities.

*By posting on this board you agree to all of the above rules.

This board was created by Watcher

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.