VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9]10 ]

Miss Hawaii USA & Miss Hawaii Teen USA Message Board!
Radasha Ho'ohuli, Miss Hawaii USA 2006
Aloha!This is the Miss Hawaii USA messageboard,discuss the latest topics on Hawaiian, National, and International pageantry. Remember any mean comments, bashing, or racial discrimmination will be immeadietly deleted and the person may be banned!
United States of Beauty MB (USB)

Subject: Question for Tiki Java...

Author:
wondering
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:24:42 05/11/05 Wed

Tiki Java...Did you go to Miss USA this past year. If so, how was the competition from your point of view?
You know, we only get to see what airs on television. But there are so many wonderful girls that must have stood out in prelims, ect.
Did Jennifer stand out or was she just royally robbed?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: 2005 Queens

Author:
Dee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:50:15 05/20/05 Fri

Radasha Ho'ohuli is Miss Hawaii USA
Melissa Benz is Miss Hawaii Teen USA

Replies:
Subject: Is Miss Hawaii USA tonight?

Author:
Kumlai
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:28:51 05/20/05 Fri

Subject: MISS HAWAII USA

Author:
HAWAIIAN FROM EUROPE
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:41:44 05/20/05 Fri

Why is the Miss Hawaii USA and Miss Hawaii Teen USA never televised? Is it because it lacks sponsorship or something? How can we help? Hawaii has one of the best looking girls in the world. It's a shame we can't share them with the world by televising it on TV.

Replies:
Subject: Any pictures of the girls competiting this friday?

Author:
kc
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:13:32 05/19/05 Thu

Subject: Kamakoa Page won a last minute prelim last night! 1st runner up was Portia Abreu.

Author:
silly!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:37:15 04/02/05 Sat

I heard a last minute pageant was organized so that Kamakoa could compete in Miss Hawaii. Apparently its her last year and it was a big upset to some that she didnt win Miss Island Oahu/Ilima.
Any thoughts on this? Or does anyone know what the title was that she won?

Replies:
Subject: :-) What did go wrong? ayayay?!

Author:
Maui Built
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:53:21 04/26/05 Tue

I am just as disappointed like all of you with Jennifer's robbed placing in Miss USA, she has a killer body and vivacious stage pressence, so the question is: What went wrong? Oh well, Jennifer, you did us proud and you are loved by the fans no matter what!!

'Ano 'ai me ke aloha nui e Hawai'i!

Replies:
Subject: HAWAII USA PAGEANT

Author:
S&M
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:11:27 05/10/05 Tue

OK SO WE HAVE RETURNING IN THE MISS JULIE TAKEGUCHI, KANANI OURY AND MOVING UP FROM TEEN MICHELLE TKATCH, AND DELYS RECCA. RETURNING TO TEEN IS BRITTANY HAMOCON AND MELISSA BENZ ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE OTHERS? LOTS OF NEW FACES!
10 DAYS AND COUNTING!! GOOD LUCK!!

Subject: .

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:31:35 05/05/05 Thu

Soon special Miss Colombia in Miss Universe in photos

Click here...

Subject: Kona Carmack

Author:
CURIOUS
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:29:24 03/05/05 Sat

Did she ever compete in pageants?

Replies:
Subject: Some Pics of Sonya!

Author:
Jake
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:04:48 05/04/05 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Pictures from Midweek .. can someone post these (Radasha)

Author:
Karen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:27:27 05/04/05 Wed

http://www.russelltanoue.com/MidWeek%202005/8911%20radasha-Dolce%20Gabanna-

Replies:
Subject: Help, I need to get in contact with Jennifer or her director

Author:
Miss USA contestant
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:37:52 04/28/05 Thu

I competed with Jennifer at Miss usa...and must have left my contact info in the hotel.. i looked for the Miss Hawaii USA website.. but have not had any luck..its not even on the Miss USA website... could someone please help me.. i would love to know how Shawn is doing and how she is decompressing after the experience. thank you so very much and I must say how refreshing it was do go on a messageboard and see such positive feedback of your girls. Great Job!!!

Replies:
Subject: Miss. Maui is beautiful. Is there any pictures of her?

Author:
Karen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:53:59 04/20/05 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Public Appearances by Miss Hawaii USA/Miss Hawaii Teen USA Contestants

Author:
Tiki Java
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:34:23 03/26/05 Sat

Contestants will be appearing onstage, modeling & and answering "interview" type questions at the following venues:
May 1, Sunday 5:00 p.m.
Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center Stage

May 7, Sunday 1:30 p.m.
Ware Warehouse Stage

May 14, Sunday 6:00 p.m.
Ala Moana Center Stage

Also, they will be collecting donations for the Hawaii Food Bank Saturday, April 16 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Restaurant Row. There is also the possibility of an appearance at Kapono's at Aloha Tower that same night, but that is not yet confirmed.

Replies:
Subject: Jennifer at Coronation Ball

Author:
Jake
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:10:12 04/18/05 Mon

Here is a pic of Oregon, New Jersey (one of my favorites), Hawaii, and Wyoming.

Replies:
Subject: Contestant Search

Author:
Tiki Java
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:03:54 03/04/05 Fri

Contestant Search for Miss Hawaii USA & Miss Hawaii Teen USA is on.
Deadline is April 15. Pageant to be held May 20, Sheraton Waikiki.
Teens 15-18, Miss 18-26. Hawaii resident (College residency counts!)
Swimsuit/Gown/Interview..NO talent competition.
Winners to represent Hawaii in the internationally televised Miss USA & Miss Teen USA Pageants.
Lowest entry fee of all 50 states ($250) covers opening number dress, photography, training session & food during rehersal day!
Scholarships, prizes, opportunities for travel, networking, community involvement & self-improvement.
Please contact Takeo Kobayashi at (808) 538-6690 or at 2couture@lava.net

Replies:
Subject: :-) Beautiful Interview Suit!!!!

Author:
ebay chicky
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:32:23 04/16/05 Sat

Just posted a beautiful interview suit on ebay. Absolute steal. #5383362046

Check it out!

Subject: My Top 15

Author:
Jake
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:56:19 04/07/05 Thu

This is who I want up there on Monday night!

Top 5

1) Hawaii - Jennifer Fairbanks

Of course Jennifer is going to be on my list...she's my homestate girl!!! She's ranked this high because I truly believe that she has what it takes to win this pageant. She has the personality, the brains, and the beauty! A few months ago, no one would have imagined that she could even get into the Top 15...let alone win! She has worked extremely hard and I think she can do it!

2) New Jersey - Sylvia Pogorzelski

She is one of my "soft-spot" delegates! Sylvia is a classic beauty. I just love her face! I can't really put my finger on it...but there's something about her that just appeals to me. She has a kinda quiet, demure, unassuming quality in candids...but boy can she work a stage. I was really impressed with her Prelim pics. To me, she's neck and neck with Jennifer at this point. I would love to see either one of them wearing the crown at the end.

3) Idaho - Sade Aiyeku

Sade is a beauty! She has slipped out of my Top 5 and even out of my Top 15 after arriving in Baltimore. Mainly because I thought her candids were less than stellar. But she's clilmbed her way back up to my Top 5. She has this glow about her that is really appealing. Her smile is radiant. She's intelligent as well. She is a a complete package.

4) Florida - Melissa Witek

I had Melissa at the top of my list prior to the girls arrived in Baltimore. She's a beautiful girl, she's smart, determined, and driven. She fell a few spots due to a couple of things. First, I'm not too impressed with her prlim pics...not a big fan of the gown. Secondly, like many people, I was a bit turned off by her Close-Up interview. Although I think she's well-spoken and articulate...she did come across a little patty-ish and self-absorbed. I kept in mind that she's in a competition and is trying to sell herself...so all is forgiven. All in all, she's seems like a great girl and I hope she does well.

5) Arizona - Marianna Loya

She is an exotic beauty. A look that would be a nice change for Miss USA. She's made an amazing MAO to MUO transformation. She's really smart, but seems soft-spoken! That might be her downfall. I really hope she does well.

Top 10

6) Kentucky - Kristen Johnson

I loved this girl at Miss Teen USA...and I expected a lot from her at Miss. She's really lived up to my expectations. Her experience will pay off here.

7) Alabama - Jessica Tinney

I think Jessica can keep up Alabama's recent success at Miss USA. She's a pretty girl, but I think it's the southern charm that will help her!

8) Mississippi - Jennifer Adcock

I must admit that Jennifer looks amazing in that gown! So sexy! Her body is really up to par as well. But, I'm not a big fan of her face. For that reason, I'm only ranking her in the Top 10.

9) Nebraska - Jana Murell

I prefer Jana when she's not smiling. She has a nice shaped mouth, and I like the way it looks when she has a "serious" expression. She has a nice tight body too. Not a big fan of that dress...but she pulls it off pretty well.

10) Oklahoma - Laci Scott

One of the most facially attractive girls this year. She has a nice body and great dress too. Unlike South Carolina, she actually looks her age...so I think that may be her downfall. Her Close-Up video wasn't too impressive either...but this is MUO...and her predecessor wasn't the brightest bulb either, and she still did well.

Top 15

11) Michigan - Crystal Hayes

I've mentioned before that she reminds me of Kelly Kapowski (Tiffany Amber Thiesen's character on Saved by The Bell...my dream girl!!!). Her prelim pics are a huge disappointment. Her face looks chubbier than normal. But she does have a unique look...which may put her into the Top 15. I really don't like her dress!

12) South Carolina - Sarah Medley

Sarah is sexy! Not feeling her as much as I did a few days ago, though. I still think she's probably going to get into the semis...but I don't see her doing that well.

13) California - Brittany Hogan

I like her. She does look a little chunky...but I just look at it as a womanly body. The dress does nothing to help though. Don't really know how else to describe why I want her there...I just like her!

14) Pennsylvania - Brenda Kaye Brabham

Her face in undeniably beautiful. But I don't think her dress will go over well at Miss USA...Miss Universe maybe...but not Miss USA. I wish she would do something with her hair too!

15) Missouri - Andrea Ciliberti

Yes, I said Missouri! Andrea is my Tara McCormack award recipient for 2005. I'm sure no one expects her to be up there...but I really want to see her as a semi-finalist. I love her crooked smile. Can't understand why so much people thinks that she's ugly...she's far from it. I like her a lot and I really hope she suprises everyone and makes it up there.

Almost There:

New York - She has an exotic look.
North Carolina - Another "womanly" body! Pretty face
Rhode Island - Really pretty girl...great story!
West Virginia - Gorgeous face and great body...but there's just a little something missing.
Iowa - Not the typical MUO girl...would love to see her do well.

Replies:
Subject: Good Luck Jennifer!

Author:
Lucile! (Webmaster)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:46:09 04/11/05 Mon

Good Luck to Jennifer Fairbanks, Miss Hawaii USA 2005 at the Miss USA pageant TONIGHT on NBC. Hawaii is all behind no matter where you place, we love you and we know you can do it!

Replies:
Subject: Miss USA Viewing Guide

Author:
only at www.MissFloridaUSA.com!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:23:29 04/11/05 Mon

Miss USA Viewing Guide only at www.MissFloridaUSA.com!

The only viewing primer on the Internet is at www.MissFloridaUSA.com as you can get a guide to each segment of the television show before you see it on NBC. For maximum enjoyment of our nations pageantry championship check out the Miss USA Reports Link as our reporters and photographers have been working around the clock to get you all the information from Baltimore.

Review the delegate’s stay as we have reports and picture from March 26th through 2:30pm on Monday. All live from Baltimore with exclusive pictures and articles. Then return on Tuesday for pictures from the coronation ball and all the news and results from Miss USA! Only at www.MissFloridaUSA.com the best state pageant site on the Internet.

Subject: Test

Author:
Test
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:04:42 04/10/05 Sun

Subject: Jennifer in the Preliminaries

Author:
Lucile! (webmaster)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:10:26 04/07/05 Thu

Well from everyone I've talked to from Baltimore Jennifer rocked last night doing well in both competitions. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for her!

Subject: top 15

Author:
Tiki Java
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:25:50 04/07/05 Thu

My current top 15 prediction list!
As far as actual rankings go, this is a wild guess. But theese are the 15 I would select..I'm not trying to second guess the judges..I've given that up years ago!

My Top Five

MD Go ahead and bash, but she has my FAVORITE gown oMy current top 15 prediction list!
As far as actual rankings go, this is a wild guess. But theese are the 15 I would select..I'm not trying to second guess the judges..I've given that up years ago!

My Top Five

MD Go ahead and bash, but she has my FAVORITE gown of the pageant. I think she could win on her home soil.
PA Smokin' gown, great look.
MT Hey, we can all dream, can't we? Tall, sultry, and I'm ok with the green gown.
HI Not just because I live there. Hawaii doesn't rank with me often, but Jennifer is perky, fit, and has a killer gown also.
UT Completely off my personal radar until presentation show. Whata lovely lady! Why haven't I noticed her before??

My Top Ten

KY Another lovely woman in a rather sedate, but classy gown. (Yes, my gown tastes go towards the unusual..)
OH Her candids haven't done a thing for me, but when her hair is slicked back for competition..GREAT!
AL Rather safe, but I like her brunette hair and features
CO I prefer her earlier gown, but she still has a great swimsuit body and a different look.
NH Man, I dig this girl. She had my heart when she "rocked out" during the casual wear competition at Miss America. Hope the cool but odd gown doesn't hold her back.

My Top Fifteen

FL Natural, fresh....not feeling the gown at all.
GA I like her face and she wears that simple gown VERY well.
RI I noticed her at her state pageant and have like what I've seen ever since.
OK I don't care if she can't find Oklahoma on a blank map....pretty, pretty, pretty.
MS Looking good..sexy gown, great swimsuit..could go far.

Kansas..LOVE the dress, not the girl.
Like I said, the order I've placed them in is kind of random..just using the formated thingie..but I like all these 15 contestants!

Want to post your predictions? Don't know html? This top 15 list auto-coded & formatted for message boards at www.pageantgossip.com ... Click here to get your's today!
f the pageant. I think she could win on her home soil.
PA Smokin' gown, great look.
MT Hey, we can all dream, can't we? Tall, sultry, and I'm ok with the green gown.
HI Not just because I live there. Hawaii doesn't rank with me often, but Jennifer is perky, fit, and has a killer gown also.
UT Completely off my personal radar until presentation show. Whata lovely lady! Why haven't I noticed her before??

My Top Ten

KY Another lovely woman in a rather sedate, but classy gown. (Yes, my gown tastes go towards the unusual..)
OH Her candids haven't done a thing for me, but when her hair is slicked back for competition..GREAT!
AL Rather safe, but I like her brunette hair and features
CO I prefer her earlier gown, but she still has a great swimsuit body and a different look.
NH Man, I dig this girl. She had my heart when she "rocked out" during the casual wear competition at Miss America. Hope the cool but odd gown doesn't hold her back.

My Top Fifteen

FL Natural, fresh....not feeling the gown at all.
GA I like her face and she wears that simple gown VERY well.
RI I noticed her at her state pageant and have like what I've seen ever since.
OK I don't care if she can't find Oklahoma on a blank map....pretty, pretty, pretty.
MS Looking good..sexy gown, great swimsuit..could go far.

Kansas..LOVE the dress, not the girl.
Like I said, the order I've placed them in is kind of random..just using the formated thingie..but I like all these 15 contestants!

Want to post your predictions? Don't know html? This top 15 list auto-coded & formatted for message boards at www.pageantgossip.com ... Click here to get your's today!

Subject: My Predictions

Author:
Good Luck to them all!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:28:17 04/04/05 Mon

My current top 15 prediction list!

My Top Five

SC
CT
KY
AZ
MI

My Top Ten

WV
TX
MS
MD
FL

My Top Fifteen

SD
AR
OH
NC
CO

Replies:
Subject: Beautiful Jovani Gown For Sell

Author:
PG
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:15:18 04/05/05 Tue

Beautiful Jovani Gown for sell. Halter style, size 4, some small alterations have been made around the neck and bust area only. Pictures are available if interested.

Subject: Jennifer's "fashion show" and mock interviews

Author:
Tiki Java
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:17:31 03/22/05 Tue

Jennifer's private fashion show & mock interviews were last night at Takeo's studios. I thought I would just share how totally AMAZING her mock interviews were. She went about 30 minutes nonstop with dozens and dozens of questions. I even hit her with some very difficult and mean ones (lol) and she NEVER missed a beat. This girl will RULE in interview!
She looks even in better shape than when she won Miss Hawaii USA..fantastic. And we seemed to be in agreement about which gown to wear for the contest..so we'll see.
She has the possibility to surprise a lot of people in Baltimore having flown in under the radar...She could do VERY well and if she's lucky enough to make the top 5, I can PROMISE you, she will be the one who will ACE those final questions!

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone know what Radasha Ho'ohuli is up to?

Author:
Me
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:10:53 02/01/05 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Daily Miss USA Updates at www.MissFloridaUSA.com

Author:
Update Daily at Lunchtime!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:38:26 04/03/05 Sun

Daily Miss USA Updates at www.MissFloridaUSA.com

For the third year the editors of www.MissFloridaUSA.com have daily updates from our national championship of pageantry, Miss USA. From Baltimore it’s the latest news and photographs as the 51 delegates are in pursuit of their dreams and the title of Miss USA 2005. Miss Florida USA Melissa Witek ads personal insight as there is no other coverage quite like www.MissFloridaUSA.com from a strictly Florida perspective. Update daily at lunchtime this is a must visit on your pageant surfing for Miss USA.

Subject: Can someone post this pic..Jennifer looks soo pretty "http://i134.exs.cx/img134/4747/usa20050124hawaiip2si.jpg"

Author:
Me
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:32:44 03/29/05 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Miss Island Oahu and Miss Islan Ilima

Author:
just wondering
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:09:28 03/28/05 Mon

I heard Justine entered. Anyone know who won.

Replies:
Subject: Cute new pictures

Author:
from LeadingLadyMagazine.com
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:22:45 03/31/05 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Jennifer's Swimsuit Picture!

Author:
Lucile! (Webmaster)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:14:30 03/29/05 Tue

Miss Jennifer Fairbanks looking SO fine! I have all my hopes up!

Replies:
Subject: Pageant winner pleads guilty in "Ice Case"

Author:
Hawaii 5.0
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:08:25 11/03/04 Wed

By Ken Kobayashi
Advertiser Courts Writer

A former Miss Hawai'i USA pleaded guilty yesterday to possessing crystal methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia and asked for a chance to have the charges dropped.

Tiffini Limahai, 30, who was Miss Hawai'i USA in 1998, fought back tears as Circuit Judge Richard Perkins asked her if she was sure she wanted to plead guilty and if she realized the charges carry a potential of 15 years in prison and fines of up to $35,000.

Asked if she had taken any alcohol or drugs, Limahai shook her head no.

Limahai was arrested Sept. 14 as police prepared to search a Paulele Street home in Kailua. Her case underscores the pervasiveness of Hawai'i's ice epidemic, which has afflicted and affected residents in just about every walk of life.

Limahai's guilty pleas were not part of an agreement with prosecutors, but she has asked for a deferral of the pleas. If granted, the charges will be dropped if she abides by conditions similar to those in probation. If rejected, she will face sentencing on the two felony counts.

Perkins set a hearing for Jan. 12.

City deputy prosecutor Alfred Brunn said his office will oppose the deferral request.

Limahai had been held on $15,000 bail, but was placed on supervisory release and is at the Sand Island Treatment Center.

Limahai left the courtroom without comment.

Limahai's husband, John Limahai Jr., also was arrested Sept. 14.

He is being held on $25,000 bail on charges of possessing methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia.

He is scheduled to go on trial the week of Dec. 6. He's also set to be sentenced Dec. 6 in an unrelated stolen car case. Honolulu Advertiser - Honolulu, HI, 03.11.2004

Replies:
Subject: Gown Photo

Author:
BarbieQ
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:01:35 03/29/05 Tue

Subject: First Picture of Jennifer!

Author:
Lucile!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:18:09 03/27/05 Sun

Yayy...lets celebrate. Look and comment!

Replies:
Subject: Miss USA 2005 Contacts?

Author:
Claire Watkins
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:19:00 03/09/05 Wed

hello,
My name is Claire Watkins. I am doing a report/interview for a class and the paper is about beauty pageants. I wanted to ask as many Miss USA delegates as I can, one question. I want to see how they all reply to this question. But, I need help with contacting the contestants. If you know where I can contact any Miss USA 2005 contestants, please email me at claire_louise88w@yahoo.com or have them write to me.
I'd really appreciate your help!
This isn't due for a few months so I have time to work on it and get in touch with these girls.
-Claire Watkins
PS. It can be former Miss USA Contestants, too.

Replies:
Subject: HPU Student Will Represent Hawaii in National Competition

Author:
Jake
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:10:26 03/24/05 Thu

Miss Hawaii USA Jennifer Fairbank leaves this week for Baltimore to compete in the April 11 Miss USA pageant.

The 25-year-old Punahou grad is working on her master's degree at Hawai'i Pacific University and hopes to someday host a TV show. Some tidbits you may not know about her:

Most-embarrassing moment: "When I was in the fourth grade and I had big glasses, a bad perm and wore a headgear to school. One day during lunch one of the popular boys yelled at me and said 'You're so ugly!' then hit me in the face. I started crying in front of everyone and ran away."

Worst dating experience: "I was on a first date with a guy who seemed pretty nice up until the moment when the waitress came to our table to ask how we were doing. My date rudely responded 'Just terrible!' I was so embarrassed and couldn't wait until he took me home."

Interesting facts: "I am a member of Psi Chi, the Psychology National Honor Society. In 2001, I won the silver medal in the physique round of the Natural Olympia competition. I started playing the violin at age 3 and started dancing at age 4. Some of my favorite hobbies are surfing, snowboarding, skateboarding, reading, knitting, yoga, and by far my favorite, sleeping!"

Subject: When does Jennifer leave for Baltimore? When do you think the official pictures will be up?

Author:
Malou
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:32:24 03/19/05 Sat

Replies:
Subject: some tftj pics of our hawaii girls

Author:
liss
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:41:41 01/08/05 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Pageant World

Author:
New Board Click on the picture
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:16:33 03/17/05 Thu

Subject: Gorgeous Sonya on the cover of the March edition of Outside magazine

Author:
Adriana
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:15:32 02/17/05 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Jennifer not going to Miss USA?

Author:
wondering
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:52:22 03/09/05 Wed

I heard a rumor that Jennifer will not be going to Miss USA because her boyfriend has Leukimia.
Can anyone confirm this?
I hope its not true.

Replies:
Subject: KIMEE BALMILERO OF "HI-5"

Author:
STARSHINER
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:22:26 01/14/05 Fri

I've been VERY impressed with this talented young lady!!! She appears on The Learning Channel's "Hi-5"... she's also been in a touring company of "Miss Saigon" which came through Birmingham (although I missed it)... she and the other cast members of "Hi-5" were in the Macy's Parade on Thanksgiving...

We've been corresponding by e-mail (the "Hi-5" cast is touring) and I'm trying to bring her to Birmingham...

Hawaii should be proud of this young lady!!!

Replies:
Subject: Hawaii's Junior Miss

Author:
Jake
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:05:16 02/06/05 Sun

Did anybody catch the Hawaii's Junior Miss pageant on OC16 last night? Honestly, I wasn't impressed at all. The only thing that I admired was the turn-out. There were 22 girls competing. Why can't the turn out for Miss Hawaii Teen USA be like that? I was also happy that a girl from my alma mater got 2nd runner up. You can tell that's more of a "Scholarship Program" rather than a beauty pageant.

Replies:
Subject: Info?

Author:
Laura Grant
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:57:42 02/28/05 Mon

Hello, my name is Laura Grant and have a website where
I interview pageant winners (the link is below, if you
want to check it out)
I was wondering if anyone here knows where I can reach
any Miss USA 2005 Contestants by email?
Any and all information would be greatly appreciated!!
Thank you!

=====
-Laura Grant
missusa_america_teenusamanager@yahoo.com
http://groups.msn.com/MissUSA-America-TeenUSAPageants/
http://www.missusaamericateenusainterviews.builtfree.org/

Subject: Miss Kahala is Malika Dudley & Miss East Oahu is Pilialoha Gaison

Author:
results!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:06:28 01/16/05 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Jennifer's interview @ Miss USA.com

Author:
Lucile!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:14:36 02/26/05 Sat

What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
This is a tough one because being "crazy" is a pretty typical thing for me. I jump off of cliffs, go night surfing, sing karaoke, operate a car after taking Benadryl, go swimming in fountains, jump fences, hop on a plane to Europe with no plans or reservations and generally try to always have a good time. Some may call it reckless disregard for my life, but I just call it living life to the fullest!

Please list any schools and universities (public/private/graduate/trade or technical) you have or are attending, as well as the area of study, graduation date and any degree or certification you received.
High School: Punahou School; Year Completed: 1997
College: Loyola Marymount University; Area of Study: Psychology and Business Administration; Year Completed: 2001; Degree: BA Psychology; Minor Business Administration
Post Graduate: Hawaii Pacific University; Area of Study: Communications/Media Relations;

What charity/charities have you supported with your time and/or resources over past two years?
Shriners Hospital Charity Golf tournament. I have participated in the golf tournament for the past three years as a volunteer.
Two years voluteering with the Hawaii Food Bank. Assisting with the collection and distribution of canned food for needy families and the homeless.
While in college I worded extensively with the Blind Children's Center of Los Angeles. My sorority was committed to service for sight and we raised approximately ten thousand dollars annually for the center as well as working hands-on with the children.

What would be your "dream job" in life?
Hosting a travel or adventure television show

Name one personal accomplishment (in addition to being a State Titleholder) that makes you especially proud.
As a senior undergraduate Psychology major, I qualified and was accepted into the Research Practicum class, a class made up of selected students. A few weeks into working on our project, one of the group members' and I were having a casual coversation when he confessed he had misgivings about me and my potential when he first saw me. He apologized for making the assumption that I wasn't a good enough student to be a selected member in such an advanced class because he judged me on my looks.My idea was selected and used for our thesis project, which was accepted and presented by the Western Psychological Association Convention in 2001. What a great accomplishment!

What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
Yoga
Golfing
Surfing
Traveling
Reading
Dancing- ballet, jazz, tap
Singing- all kinds including karaoke
Knitting
Cooking- ethnic & gourmet
Sailing w/my dad

Subject: The First “How To Be A Contestant” Website on the Internet!

Author:
only at www.pageantdiva.com!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:18:20 02/22/05 Tue

The First “How To Be A Contestant” Website on the Internet!
New this month at www.PageantDiva.com

WERE ARE BACK WITH A NEW EDITION!! PageantDiva.com is the original “How to be a Pageant Winner” website is designed to give YOU all the backstage knowledge needed to win YOUR competition. Along the way we also write articles that will help you both in and out of pageantry, motivational & instructional article written for young women who aspire to be the best they can be! Join us as we enter year four of our online publication.

Pageant Diva Kristen begins this month with Evening Gowns for Teen Competitions directly from the stages of Miss Florida Teen USA. This article will give you insight into the most confusing of all competitions, teenage evening gowns. We think this will give you insight into the selection of YOUR gown.

Pageant Diva Alexandra presents her article on “How to Prepare Your Pageant Application”, great insight into your local or state fact sheet that will eventually influence your interview competition. While Pageant Diva Julie takes the swimsuit competition past suit selection and examines your body type on part two of her series “Know Your Body”.

“Title Tips”, written for those currently with a title, will discuss impromptu speaking at appearances. On “Health & Wellness Tips” we’ll address those winter skin issues as it looks like winter is here for a few more months. Also on “Ask The Diva’s” we address a great skin question from a pageant insomniac.

One of “It’s All Goods” last articles of favorite motivational quote’s brought lots of mail and some of our reader’s favorite phrases, so we thought we would offer more to inspire you. In “Talent Tips with Kristen” we will discuss hiding singing faults through your microphone, vocal effect, avoiding pops & hisses, microphone mistakes and selection. Some great performance tips to give you that winning edge!

Other features this month include “Public Speaking with Jamie”, “Ask The Diva’s”, “Ask Mr. Sponsor” and The Winter Edition of “Diva of The Month”. All of these articles are unique to the magazine format of www.PageantDiva.com the only instruction pageant site on the Internet.

Replies:
Subject: Miss Hawaii USA 2006 info

Author:
??????
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:16:48 02/08/05 Tue

I was wondering if there would ever be any info on the 2006/2005 pageants? Its only 3 months away and it seems like the pageant doesnt have it together. No one seems to know anything besides who is running.
If anyone has info, can you please post. Date, location, whatever!!!!!!!!

Replies:
Subject: Kellie Peterson Nominated in GB Awards

Author:
Lucile!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:05:07 02/15/05 Tue

Congratulations to Kellie Peterson, Miss Hawaii International 2004 who was nominated this week in thes "Best in Oceana" Category in the 7th annual Global Beauties Awards. The winners will be announced this thursday. To check the other nominees out go to www.globalbeauties.com

Replies:
Subject: Congratulations Sheri Canopin

Author:
Jake
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:11:46 02/10/05 Thu

I just heard on the news that former Miss Kaua`i Sheri Canopin graduated from the Honolulu Police Academy tonight! She was the youngest graduate this year. Out of 800 applicants, only 33 people made it to graduation. Congratulations Sheri! Even though I don't know you...I'm very proud and happy for you!

Replies:
Subject: I think it would be cool!

Author:
Jake
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:51:25 01/28/05 Fri

I just noticed something. Hawaii's own Malea Yamamura (I'm not sure if that was her name) was first runner up at Miss Teen USA 1984. Twenty years later at Miss Teen USA 2004, Sonya Balmores also finished as first runner up.

Well, then one year after Malea's first runner up finish, Kelly Hu won the title. So, wouldn't it be cool if one year after Sonya's first runner up finish Hawaii's representative wins the title.

Replies:
Subject: Tiki Java

Author:
Lucile!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:22:22 02/05/05 Sat

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to flag down Tiki Java...I have a few questions about Jennifer's preperation and if you have any new photos. Please email me thanks!

Subject: Jennifer Fairbank

Author:
Jake
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:08:35 02/01/05 Tue

Not the best state portrait...but doesn't look that bad. I'm counting on her to be the suprise of Miss USA 2005, like Miss Washington last year!

Replies:
Subject: TRISHA BARBOSA IS REALLY PRETTY. IS SHE GOING TO RUN AGAIN?

Author:
D
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:42:09 01/28/05 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Malika Dudley and Asia Pacific

Author:
Curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:44:08 01/26/05 Wed

Is it true that Malika Dudley will represent Hawaii at the Miss Asia Pacific Internationl 2005 pageant in China? It's a pretty big pageant and has expanded it's entrees to other countries. I saw Malika listed as the Hawaiian representative. I was just wondering if this was true?

Replies:
Subject: Is this Chanel Wise???

Author:
Jake
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:17:21 01/06/05 Thu

Hello, I found this picture in the Star Bulletin. I think it's Chanel Wise (3rd Runner Up at HI USA). But, I don't remember 100% how she looks. Can anyone tell me if this is her...please!

Replies:
Subject: Did Kelli Peterson color her hair red?

Author:
Me
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:11:34 01/21/05 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Miss Hawaii USA Cars

Author:
wondering
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:59:23 01/21/05 Fri

I know Alicia Michioka got a BMW
then Justine Michioka got an Acura
Did Jennifer get a car?

Subject: Jennifer and Olena

Author:
Jake
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:03:50 01/18/05 Tue

Here is Jennifer and Olena at the Sony Open. In my opinion, not a flattering picture of either of them. I really hope Jenn is ready for April! The clock is ticking...only a few more months Miss USA. Either way...I'm still supporting her!

Replies:
Subject: Brook Lee

Author:
Jake
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:36:15 01/16/05 Sun

I just saw the show "Pacific Fusion" hosted by our own Brook Lee. She is a really great host...not to mention, she's looking better than ever! I'm so proud of her!

Subject: Radasha Ho'ohuli at Paradise Cove

Author:
Veera
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:20:33 01/13/05 Thu

"http://www.nickbaldwinphotography.com/Dancer-yellow-hv14.jpg"

Replies:
Subject: Rochelle Ovit

Author:
Jake
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:25:45 01/14/05 Fri

I just saw the episode of Fear Factor that Rochelle Ovit was on. I remember her mention it in her interview at Miss Hawaii USA.

Physically, she would be an awesome representative for Hawaii. But she lacks personality! Anyone know what she's up to now? Is she planning on running again?

Replies:
Subject: Miss USA Contingent

Author:
Miss Kona Coffee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:43:52 01/10/05 Mon

Hey Lucile, are you or some other group of pageant fans forming a Hawaii contingent to cheer on Jennifer at Miss USA in Baltimore?

Sounds like you occasionally attend Miss USA and Miss Universe, so it would be great if you could organize a group thing to Miss USA in April. Jennifer could probably use the support so far away from home.

What do you think?

Replies:
Subject: Kehau pics

Author:
Dre
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:28:20 01/11/05 Tue

"http://starbulletin.com/2004/11/05/features/artberger2.jpg"

Replies:
Subject: Miss Hawaii USA Message Board Celebrates 1 Year!

Author:
Lucile! (Webmaster)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:17:02 01/09/05 Sun

This day one year ago on January 10th this wonderful board was created. Thats right it's the first anniversery of the very first board dedicated to Hawaiian Pageantry! So I would like to say...

Thank you to all the wonderful posters who have kept this board alive, without you I wouldn't continue. I would like to thank you guys for an awesome year...I never have to moderate you guys because you are so good. It's been a great first year we've had 20,532 hits and 1,256 posts this year.

Lets hope that this year is just as great as the last! MAHALO from the beautiful Islands of Hawaii!

Subject: Radasha

Author:
KC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:15:13 01/07/05 Fri

"http://www3.hpu.edu/kalamalama/archive/2708/Current%20Webphotos/P06%20hula%20picture.jpg"

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 12345678[9]10 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Aloha! and Mahalo!
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.