VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:07:26 06/24/13 Mon
Author: Betsy
Subject: Marin found hanging by hock in coop

One of our 2 month old Marin's was found hanging upside down by her hock from an "s" hook in the coop yesterday morning. She survived this but we don't know how long she was hanging. Obviously she was flapping around because the water was completely empty and the wood chips were bare on the coop floor below her. We got her down and placed her in a separate cage with food and water. Her foot was swollen as was her leg. It was sticking out yesterday but by 5 pm her leg was under her and she was trying to move/stand. Upon picking her up I did noticed that her hock is still swollen. Should I make a sling or continue to let her rest? After reading many of your posts I wonder if its the Achilles. I don't think it's broken because she is trying to move. Any thoughts?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.