VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:09
Author: Jo-14Dec01
Subject: Re: Swiped from another board
In reply to: Anonymous - 13 Dec 01 's message, "Swiped from another board" on 08:04

For some reason I just kind of doubt that Yogananda would agree with Gopi's statements, unless he was just a hallucinagenic, too.
And I guess Christ Jesus was just hallucinating, probably scared crazy, in the garden of Gethsemane when he was talking about all those legions of angels that he could have called down to help him?
And Milarepa ... yeah all those beings people saw in the heavens were just part of a massive group hallucination, I guess.
Same with Paul in the Bible and all the "heavens" he was shown by those angels that he dreamed up all on his own.
Better throw Mohamed in there, too, another looney dude!
Yeah, right!
With all due respect (because anyone who attains a high level of virtue on this planet should be respected), I just wonder how far Gopi actually made it in his journey up the tree of life? Anyone who makes it above the heart center is more evolved than most people on this planet, but still may not have the whole picture.
Let's not be too swift to dismiss the majority of the saints that have walked the earth on the basis of just one man's opinion, or assume that what Lahiri Mahasaya was trying to say was the same thing ... I am pretty sure it was not.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.