VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]

FLO - Florida Law Online
Florida Law Online Forum

Welcome to the forum and message board for Florida Law Online! Here, you can ask questions about and make suggestions for the FLO website. You may also ask questions pertaining to Florida law, but please bear in mind that many such questions are in effect requests for legal advice. (In that instance, you should call The Florida Bar's Lawyer Referral Service.) Do not be surprised if you ask a question and do not receive an answer.

FLO - Florida Law Online

• Fitness for Duty, HIPAA Violation -- Lori, 13:37:23 03/30/08 Sun
    I was placed on leave with pay from my job with pay pending a fitness for duty back in January. No explanation was given. I went to my employers psychologist for an interview the same day. I returned two consecutive days for numerous tests. I was subsequently I was suspended for another matter that had been pending that had caused me extreme stress due to the lengthy investigation. The outcome of the first meeting with the agency psychologist was never reveled to me. But I was allowed to return to modified work status 3 weeks from the original leave. In March, while I was on suspension I requested an appointment with the agency psychologist to be returned to my full duty status. From the of my appointment it took the doctor nearly 3 weeks to give my employer notification of any kind. I went to the Dr. office without an appointment and requested any and all paperwork that he sent to my employer. He refused!! He even contacted the employer and they backed him up. I never signed paperwork allowing him to give anyone notes, letters, opinions, etc. on me to my employer or anyone else. Is there anything I can do?

[ Edit | View ]

• signed legal document (rental lease) -- KLKP (help), 18:29:45 03/26/08 Wed
    How much time do I legally have to back out of a signed lease and get my deposit and other paid $ back? Do I owe the landlord $ for his time?

[ Edit | View ]

• judgement from TX -- D Matthysse, 17:17:21 03/25/08 Tue
    I have a court ordered judgement in Texas from 2001 against me. I was living in Michigan at the time and could not afford to fight it so the other party won. I did not pay it then a few years later I was contacted by a company in Michigan demanding the money. They said that the person from TX had hired them. I was not working and agreed to paying 50 dollars a week. I did this for about 2 years then when I was moving to Florida I wrote a letter asking for a payoff. They never responed so I moved and stopped paying them too. Now, about 3 years later, I get a letter from the second company requesting the payments to begin again or they will take action. I have never heard from the person from TX nor has the company from MI ever told me that the payments are going to anyone. I have never gotten a statement from them. Can a company in MI collect on a Florida resident on a judgement in TX?

[ Edit | View ]

• Help with custody,non-custodial moved to another state -- shannon, 14:54:17 03/05/08 Wed
    My x-husband cheated on me with my neighbor then abandoned my 3yr old daughter and myself. He moved to PA. He came back and was living with my neighbor. He got her pregnant. We got divorced and agreed on shared custody with me having primary physical custody. His visitations were everyother sunday and 1 day a week. He rarely showed up for visits on Sundays and never once during the week. He didnt show up for her birthday party I went out of my way to bring her to see him at work on his birthday, Halloween etc. I would even let him take her late on sundays if he would show up. He has been in jail for dui, careless driving. He now left again and moved to PA. How can I get custody of my daughter and her not have to go to PA for weeks at time to see him.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• nuisance neighbors with ATV'S -- Susan (FED UP!!!!!), 15:00:22 10/15/07 Mon
    I have a proble with neighbors (10 to 14) at a time riding their atv's making a loop round,and round,and round my house several nights a week .some times it's from daylight till 3am.SERIOUSLY!!!! Im not the only neighbor complaing to the cops but nothing gets done.
    Their has to be a n answer to this problem.
    PLEASE HELP.tHANKS Susan :~(

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Wedding Reservation Cancellation -- Randall, 19:35:47 02/25/08 Mon
    I made a reservation with a Longboat Key resort for a beech rental (for a wedding venue), and a stay afterword for a honeymoon. I put down a deposit for the reservation, and recieved written confirmation of the reservation. The resort called to let me know they had no intention of keeping the reservation as confirmed.

Is this breech of contract?

Do I have any recourse for the several months of lost planning, including researching photographers, catering, officiants, ect. As well as now having lost the sufficient timing it takes to reserve such an event at another resort. I feel as if this resort/owner was successfully able to squish my entire wedding plans, and I now have to start over.

Should I be seeking legal advice from a Florida, or Indiana professional? (I live in Indiana)

Thank you in advance for any portion of these questions you may be able to help me with,

Randall Trumbull
    rtrumbull@yahoo.com

[ Edit | View ]

• Foreclosure notice -- Deep Throat, 18:27:28 02/20/08 Wed
    Litton Loan Servicing Stipulation to stay foreclosure?

Behind in payments by 5 months contracturally, last payment made in December for September's payment. I know, I know...if you don't want to be in foreclosure, pay your mortgage...but husband's a Realtor who refused to get a 'Real' job until very last minute last year in September and I was a mortgage broker who could not help a soul if I wanted to after September last year so I got a 'Real' job...trying to save the weekly/bi-weekly checks for mortgage hard to do..

Anyway, now Litton Loan Servicing faxed 'Stipulation to Stay Foreclosure' and I'm not a lawyer but it doesn't sound or look like a good deal:

Past due payments: $8,850.00

Various fees, too many to list: Umpteen of them!

Payments they acknowledge as being 'held': $1,232.00
    AND 'Down Payment' $2,000.00

After $3,232.00 paid they'll agree that we still owe: $8,727.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We don't have the money to re-instate the loan and they know this so to 'work things' out this is what they come up with...

Is there a way to fight this or should we just bend over and take it?

[ Edit | View ]

• Foreclosure notice -- Deep Throat, 18:25:59 02/20/08 Wed
    Litton Loan Servicing Stipulation to stay foreclosure?

Behind in payments by 5 months contracturally, last payment made in December for September's payment. I know, I know...if you don't want to be in foreclosure, pay your mortgage...but husband's a Realtor who refused to get a 'Real' job until very last minute last year in September and I was a mortgage broker who could not help a soul if I wanted to after September last year so I got a 'Real' job...trying to save the weekly/bi-weekly checks for mortgage hard to do..

Anyway, now Litton Loan Servicing faxed 'Stipulation to Stay Foreclosure' and I'm not a lawyer but it doesn't sound or look like a good deal:

Past due payments: $8,850.00

Various fees, too many to list: Umpteen of them!

Payments they acknowledge as being 'held': $1,232.00
    AND 'Down Payment' $2,000.00

After $3,232.00 paid they'll agree that we still owe: $8,727.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We don't have the money to re-instate the loan and they know this so to 'work things' out this is what they come up with...

Is there a way to fight this or should we just bend over and take it?

[ Edit | View ]

• Trespassing -- D, 14:52:42 02/17/08 Sun
    I am having a problem with some of the people in my neighborhood.
    They keep walking up my driveway, cutting threw my backyard, thiers trash on my lawn,my window has been broken, I put up a "No Trespassing Sign" and I have even called the police.
    I can not afford to put up a fence,what can I do.

[ Edit | View ]

• rape? -- haitian queen (troubled), 14:35:24 10/27/07 Sat
    I have a question...
    a couple days ago I walked in on my sister and her boyfriend having sex in my room.... he is 18 she is 17.... now to keep her self from getting in trouble she went to her boyfriends house and told his parents that I slept wit their 16 year old son and of course they believed them... now the mother is threatening to call the authorities because she says I raped her son.... her son obviously denies it... can she take any legal action if we both deny it? And can I take any legal action for defemation of character?

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Unclaimed or Abandoned Property -- Ruth Mendoza, 13:08:58 12/13/07 Thu
    I purchased a home earlier this year. The previous owners left a room full of their stuff in the house, along with other items in the carport and another out building.
    How long must I hold these items before I can dispose of them?

[ Edit | View ]

• Child Kidnapping???? -- Philip Merell, 22:30:49 09/30/07 Sun
    I`ve been a great father the last 11 years. I pay my child support on time every month, and see my daughter as much as possible. Almost every weekend we do something fun.
    Is it legal for my ex-wife to move to Texas with my daughter to get away from her other ex- husband without my permision?
    We have joint custody but child resides at mothers...

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• wife's belongings after divorce -- Julio, 10:57:14 08/15/07 Wed
    After a divorce, how long I need to wait to dispose of my ex-wife's belongings? She abandom me 6 months before the divorce and did not return back to pick up her belongings.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• HELP ME!!! florida statutory rape laws -- matt, 01:24:35 07/20/07 Fri
    my girlfriend will be turning 15 in august and i will be turning 18 in september, is it illegal for us to have sex? i heard there was a 3 year gap exception, but my research is all turning out negative

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Package and mail service -- alexandre silva, 17:20:30 12/27/06 Wed
    Hi. I'm a Brazilian Lawyer, and I'm already having problems whit an company witch provide mail forwarding based in Florida. However, later my payment was declined one time by the bank yssued my credit card, for security reasons, I provided other credit card, so they decided not accept more payments by credit card, and requeried payment by wire transfer. However, this method of payment is very complicated acording laws of my country, and I decided did not the wire transfer, and ask to they charge the fees from my credit card. And they refused that. Now they removed my password, and blocked my account access, and tehy still holding my mails and packages. So I would like know this proceed is according to law of the Florida State.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Legality -- Carlos, 11:59:07 10/11/07 Thu
    I am suspecting my wife of cheating on me and I installed a keylogger on my home computer. It recorded her username and password to her work email. She can check her work email via the web. If I were to go to the website and enter in the name and password and I find out that she is cheating on me - am I legally wrong for having the emails?

[ Edit | View ]

• Statue of limitation on speeding violation -- K Brasch, 09:07:22 10/02/07 Tue
    a relative received a speeding ticket while living in Florida. She did not pay it and now 16 years later she is being called daily by a law firm trying to collect on the ticket. Is there a statue of limitations on speeding tickets in Florida

[ Edit | View ]

• Legal Guardianship -- Joe, 22:51:02 08/28/07 Tue
    My father recently died and left my two minor children as joint beneficiaries of a life insurance policy. Besides the children's birth certificates and the like, the Insurance company is requesting a copy of guardianship papers for the children. The children live with my wife and myself. How do I go about obtaining guardianship papers? Aren't we automatically guardians?

[ Edit | View ]

• delayed discovery child abuse and not sexual in nature -- Rose (insecure), 17:38:30 08/28/07 Tue
    I need info on filing suit against parent for child abuse on the delayed discovery clause. If you could direct me to a web site or phone number to a lawyer who would handle such a case or both...I need relief from this depression
    thanks so much
    I am a Human Services and LCDC CI in Texas who was brought up in Fla.
    The incident happened when I was around 13 years old I am now 46 and cannot shake this feeling and I have discovered that I will be of no use to my clients until this issue is settled ..
    Thanks again Rose

[ Edit | View ]

• Droping out of college -- hawksterx, 09:54:54 08/28/07 Tue
    I started college in august 13 and I'm not happy with the school. I don't like the way they teach, and the way the school is run, The teacher didn't show up on my 8'th day and they had us siting for hours with out telling us anything. And
    what they offer you is difrent from what you are getting. For example they offer hands on training and in the scheual it shows hands on training , but you don't do it. if you dont understand something they tell you learn to look it up in google.so i want to transfer to another college and the school is giving me a hard time to drop out. I'm trying to find out what I can do. This is my first time going to college

[ Edit | View ]

• giving up baby -- Irwin Karpay, 14:54:21 06/22/07 Fri
    Can you point me to the law that allows women to drop off their newborn at a church or fire station?

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Dog being evicted -- Cindy, 23:20:58 08/17/07 Fri
    When I purchased my condo I was told by the sales agent that the 35lb weight limit for dogs is not enforced and after seeing many big dogs I bought the condo. Within 6 weeks of being in the condo, I am now being threatened with fines if I don't remove my dog and that they will file for arbitration with Florida Land And Condo office. The assoc knew my dog was over the limit before I bought and approved her. Has anyone been through this procedure. I am wondering what it will cost if I end up paying the assoc attorney fees. I don't think I need a lawyer. How long does it take to get into arbitration (weeks, months, years)? My dog is real old.

[ Edit | View ]

• Swords ownership and carrying -- Chamus, 18:32:51 08/17/07 Fri
    Does anyone know anything about ownership of sword in the state of Florida, I have been an avid collector of antique weaponry, many of which centuries old, and a swordfighter and fencer, teaching classes for years now. I am curious about the laws regarding ownership of swords in the state of Florida, as I promised I would provide an answer to a friend.

Another question regards the traditional carrying of swords and dirks by traditionally dressed scottish piper regiments. Also in the state of Florida I must ask is it legal to carry a sword or dirk, as long as it is sheathed and not drawn. I have found this much thus far, this link has information about why one is not supposed to BRANDISH said weapon, but I am asking about simple carrying...

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?mode=View%20Statutes&SubMenu=1&App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=sword&URL=CH0790/Sec10.HTM

[ Edit | View ]

• SSN -- Kalpana, 17:55:39 08/08/07 Wed
    My question is according to Florida law if my boss does not deduct SSN tax from my pay cheque do I need to complain him & if so to what department should I talk to about this.?Thanks.

[ Edit | View ]

• Florida lien law -- S. Bell, 14:10:37 06/12/07 Tue
    I have over $650k in liens filed against a well known local buisness person for construction of single family residential homes and management of sub division construction. The liens were filed on my behalf by my attorney. By my understanding there are only 2 ways for the buisness person to transfer title of the liened property. Either pay or settle the lien amount, or place a bond with the clerk of court against the lien. Is there another way for him to legally transfer title? He has sold over $426k worth of the liened properties and I haven't recieved a dime or even a notice of bond from the clerks office? Everyone I have spoken to locally about this says that he can't do this, but the fact of the matter is, He is doing it.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Removing a unwanted person from your home. -- Alice Correia, 08:58:21 07/31/07 Tue
    I have a friend who has a unwanted person living in her home. She has asked him to leave several times since May 1 and he refuses to leave. Her 7 year old granddaughter accused him of touching her unappropriately. He has threathened her and other members of her family, including the granddaughter. Based on the circumstances, can the police make him move immediately without going through the eviction process?

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Waiver and Release -- Rob, 09:19:18 08/02/07 Thu
    Does anyone know if there is any specific language that must be put into Waiver and Release of Liability Forms in the state of Florida?

[ Edit | View ]

• Digital Law -- Alex (wondering), 20:31:36 07/26/07 Thu
    I have a question about digital law. I have a back-up of certain data from my company, lead information(more specifically, prospects contact info), which is held on my server. I have not called these prospects, or sold these prospects information to any other company. My boss has accused me of stealing this information, and is trying to prosecute me, is this a valid case?

[ Edit | View ]

• hipaa violation -- Sandra, 11:47:31 07/26/07 Thu
    I work at a medical diagnostic clinc. A test result came in for an ex-eployee and several of the ofiice employees were talking about the ex-ployees test. I contacted this ex-ployee and told her what happened and she was upset and said her privacy rights had been violated and the hipaa laws were broken. My employer found out I called her and said I should not have called her and is reprimanding me and possibly bringing legal action against me. Can my employer bring legal action against me for informing the patient/ex-employee that her rights were violated?

[ Edit | View ]

• Adjudication withheld -- Mildred Oliver, 06:30:59 07/16/07 Mon
    When a person is given probation and adjudication withheld status, does that mean that legally the person can respond to a job application as "No" to the question regarding ever having been convicted? A few years ago, a great employee who was under my supervision was fired by a county governement for falsification of her application. She had been tried as an adult even though she was only 14 years old at the time. Approxiamately 15 years later the incident was discovered during a background check. She had always considered herself as not having been convicted.

Although she was fired about 3 or 4 years ago, it still bothers me because I think her situation was handled erroneously by the county. Her civil service hearing was a joke.

[ Edit | View ]

• Defamation of Character Lawsuit. -- Tristan Pierce (Upset), 23:47:00 07/10/07 Tue
    I was fired from my old job for going out side of my scope of abilities.
    I worked at a hospital.
    This happened over one month ago. The only time I went back was a few times to get my things and say good-bye to my friends.

Then 2 weeks later to pick up my paycheck and then later that night to see a friend who was working and speak with him.

3 weeks after that He emailed me saying that there where signs all over the hospital saying that I was there this last weekend and I threatened members of the staff.

Posters of my picture with this message:

All Officers

Attached is a picture of a team member that has been terminated. He has been seen in the hospital over the weekend making threats about harming other team members. All the floors have been notified that if he is seen in the hospital they are to contact security immediately. In the even that he is seen or you are called, HE is to be TRESPASSED. This has been approved by manager, Director and VP of nursing. Under no circumstances would he be in this building walking around.

Under that is a picture of me.
    I was given the facts of when I was reportedly seen. It was July 8th at 9pm. I was in lakeland at church with my friend and his family. I drove down with them there is no way I was in The Tampa bay area and I was also seen on camera by the filming of the church video.

I was also told that people where walking around looking for me asking if others had see me.

This is all false and I have the alibi to prove it and they have the Security videos to prove that it was not me.

So in the end I find this to be defined as Defamation of Character because my business reputation working in the medical field has now been damaged and any nurse who may start working in another hospital that I may start at in the future could take this information and get me fired from a medical job or other things.

So please post up your legal ideas on if this is enough to take to court or not.

I am also waiting to hear back from the officer about the facts in more detail.

[ Edit | View ]

• Homeowners Insurance Law -- chris, 08:21:06 07/09/07 Mon
    Our grond floor condo was flooded by the first floor condo which had a leak. The owners of the first floor condo have told us to claim on our own homeowners insurance rather than theirs, as they inform us that insurance in florida is no fault. Is this correct?

[ Edit | View ]

• What now?? -- Brian Gomes, 20:15:14 06/25/07 Mon
    I am currently unemployed due to an auto accident. I am unable to pay child support. I had a pro bono lawyer who filed the paperwork to get the child support modified. My x-wife filed an answer stating that I had no justification to change the child support. My lawyer hasn't done anything since she replied back in April. He just told me yesterday that he doesn't have time for my case. Now I don't have a lawyer and I don't know what my next step is now. He won't answer any of my questions and the office that provided him to me, doesn't have any lawyers available right now. PLEASE HELP!! Thank you, Brian

[ Edit | View ]

• Neglect -- sw, 20:10:53 06/21/07 Thu
    Is it against the law to leave 5 young children under the age of 10 home with a 15 year old boy with ADHD for 8 hours?

[ Edit | View ]

• alcohol sales -- buffy womack (puzzled), 16:37:01 06/18/07 Mon
    i recently became manager of a bar in fla, we are planning an event on a sun at 9 am...are we allowed to serve alcohol...some people say yes and some no...what is the law pertaining to alcohol sales on sunday's....please emaail me with the answer thank you

[ Edit | View ]

• private rights -- Ximena, 10:38:05 05/22/07 Tue
    I would like to know where florida law stands in reference to private rights and prvate property. Is it legal for a reporter to take photographs of a private property, photograph the inside of the property, take pictures of the people inside and then sell them to a forgein newspaper( theperson photographed was a celebrity in the country that published the photos) what rules of jusridiction apply? Thank you!

Ximena

[ Edit | View ]

• Family law -- Jay, 17:14:53 05/21/07 Mon
    I have been divorced for 14 yrs. My first child is 18 and out of school. My second child has 1 yr to go. I filled to modifiy child support by removing my son and recalculate support for one child. I filled all papers needed for modification including financial affidavit (short form).
    She went and got a lawyer and he is requesting family law interrogatories (wanting education, background, long form affidavit, assets, liabilities plus more for 3 yrs) Am I required to gather up all this info for this case. I thought child support is based on any continous income. what is the purpose off all this other than trying to make this a pain for me. Thank you in advance

[ Edit | View ]

• I Need help....please -- Hassan (just trying to help and I end up with attack..??), 16:56:16 01/15/07 Mon
    On Sunday Night at 10:30 PM 01/14/2007 driving by gas stion on shradien BLVD and 50 ave in Holloywood,FL. I saw young lady walking and trying to flag anyone. I stopped make sure if shes OK..! she asked me if i cuold give her ride to her boyfriend huose? I greed to give her ride , and I asked her if shes OK, she looks fine to me I mean no durgs or alcuhol involet..she asked me to nack his door get him out so she can talk to him, becuose shes fried to do so... ! he came out with alot of anger asking me many qoustins at same time??? I tried to explen to him I'm just doing a faviur to the yuong lady ( his Girlfriend) .trying to a voied him and not get fight with him and trying to get back to my car and let hes girl friend deal with him...he ATTACK ME from behined and he was telling me hes POLICE OFFCIER and shaqe me so hard trying to kill me and I was almost past out becuase not breathing...and he call hes bodies to hold me doing with kicking me and bunching me with fiest and hold me as Imprisonmet until the police show up...and he start telling them I attacked him and telling them i was trying to break in his house???? so, I just need justic not more and no less than any thing? do you think I was so stupied to help that lady ? are we living in wild world?? or someone tell me what I did wrong to dsrive all this???? I hope i can get comments and suggestions or advice or help from any lawyer to trying help me to get my right as huomen baen..I have midecal report and avidens (pics, wittneses) i didn't get charged but i want press charge againts this fake offcier.. HELP ME PLEASE...HASSAN ALMAMARI MY EMAIL SFLIMO2002@HOTMAIL.COM Thank you very mutch and GOD BLESS you

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Storm Shutters -- Richard Langbert, 11:21:50 05/21/07 Mon
    I live in a HOA and want to close my storm shutters for 2-3 weeks while on vacation. Our HOA says "only 48 hours before to 48 hours a storm. Is there a Florida Statute that addresses this?

[ Edit | View ]

• Right to protect livestock law -- SB Farm, 14:50:30 05/09/07 Wed
    I know there is a law in Florida that allows livestock owners the right protect their animals by any means if another animal is causing them great bodily harm or death. I have looked everywhere for this law in black & white, but cannot find it. Anyone know where it is?

[ Edit | View ]

• child support laws -- India Brown, 13:01:58 05/07/07 Mon
    I am trying to find out some information about FL Child support laws. Someone that works for me was sent to jail a few years ago and his childs mother took off with him. He is since out and straightened his life up. He has found the child living in FL but does not know where to start. He does not want to cause problems and does not have the money to pay a lot of child support but does want to do the right thing and see his child! What can you tell me?

[ Edit | View ]

• florida real estate laws -- Adeline Wagner (FRUSTERATED!), 12:45:36 04/27/07 Fri
    I need some help. My mom passed away in 2004. She had NO will and had a home she was paying for. She purchased the home with a boyfriend and they were NEVER married. He has put the home up for sale and says that her 4 children have NO right to the home. My question is if she has 4 surviving children and they were NEVER married, what are our rights??

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Board of Directors vs Shareholder -- Normando, 19:10:03 04/28/07 Sat
    Can the board of directors deduct company attorney fees, that were incurred as a result of a shareholder, from the shareholder's distribution? Or should the shareholder be billed separately, as this then would result in unequal distributions between shareholders?

[ Edit | View ]

• Re: Are verbal agreements binding in Florida state? -- patricia svorinich, 11:32:32 04/24/07 Tue
    If an employee has an employment contract and it was not renewed.......is a so-called verbal 90 day severance contract valid? He says there was a verbal 90 day severance agreement. This situation is in Florida.

[ Edit | View ]

• Convicted Felon Question -- Chrissy, 10:59:43 04/20/07 Fri
    Just a simple question, I have hit all the search sites maybe someone here can answer this.

My husband and I are looking into buying a towing business, my husband is a convicted felon from years ago. Will this interfere with FHP or other law enforcement rotations?

Thank you!

[ Edit | View ]

• Summary Administration and Homestead -- chinagirl, 10:36:44 04/13/07 Fri
    my widowed father died 3 years ago owning a modest home, valued at about $100,000. he never filed for homestead tax exemption. the house is his only asset, as he gave everything else to his 3 children befor he died. we paid a lawyer alot of money to probate his estate through summary adminstration when he died, but was told that the court rejected the filing because we didn't prove that the home was homesteaded. the lawyer then wanted $5000 more to file for formal administration. i've been told by others that homestead is not only shown by the tax exemption, but also by intention (that if he intended the home to be his homestead, then it could also qualify for summary administration). can someone clear this up for me?

[ Edit | View ]

• Re: Forida- Statutory rape laws: HELP!!!! -- Sarah, 15:42:22 10/13/06 Fri
    hi, Im 14 and my boyfriend is 19 and I wanted to know if it is illegal for us to be dating

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• teenage sex -- JAVA, 19:11:42 04/07/07 Sat
    my boyfriend is 18 and I am 15. What are the ages that we don't have to worry if we get caught. Is this a felony and what is the punishment?

[ Edit | View ]

• first in time, first in right law????? -- Pete Crane, 09:41:44 04/05/07 Thu
    Does Florida have a "first in time, first in right" law?
    As would apply to, for example, 2 groups forming an Association for the same purpose?

[ Edit | View ]

• Re: Florida condo laws -- Jack in Fort Lauderdale (Curious), 08:58:00 04/05/07 Thu
    Does a paint color change of a condo require owner approval if not specified in the condo docs?

[ Edit | View ]

• a serious dilema -- johnathon bradsbury, 06:23:36 01/19/07 Fri
    i have a serious problem..i need to know what the age gap is in florida for statutory rape...im dating a girl thats 14 and im 18..she doesnt care about the age difference and from what her mom tells us...she doesnt care either...is that statutory rape if we have sex..she consented and is fine with it

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Age of sexual consent -- Jennifer (Confused), 07:05:49 03/09/07 Fri
    I was wondering, if I am 21 and my boyfriend is 17, we live in Florida. Is that considered statutory rape? Or does the age of sexual consent work for us? I am so confused! Please Help

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Traffic Law -- Pat, 09:54:09 03/30/07 Fri
    I was involved in a staged fender bender in which the car in front of me, while in the process of completing a right hand turn, abruptly stopped causing my right front bumper to catch his left rear bumper. I was not going more than 3 mph. There were 5 people inside a small pickup who are now claiming injuries and have not allowed my insurance to inspect their vehicle (this happened in December 06).

I have requested a trial as I feel I was not at fault, even though I hit them. What chance to I have?

[ Edit | View ]

• Attepted false imprisonment, felony or misdemeanor? -- John, 20:29:54 11/09/06 Thu
    Is this charge a felony or misdemeanor? I was charged as a felon for this and now 5 years later The courts lawyers and judges cant give a definative answer, this is getting really stupid, seems like ppl don't know anything.I need a definative answer!!!

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Foreclosure ,deficiency judgement advice -- penny henry (stressed to the max), 18:54:09 03/23/07 Fri
    My husband and I were married last april.Then I lost my job and I was out of work for three months.My husband who was a new immigrant had to wait for his work authorization papers to com before he started working.He finally started working in january after graduating from truck driving school.In the mean time we fell behind in our mortgage payments.The new job I got dosn't pay anywhere near as much as the old one did. We are now one week away from the bank sending us a foreclosure notice.The value of the property is $260000.00 but I owe $290000.00. I am trying to do a short sale but I don't know if the bank will cooperate, because they say the two of us now make enough income combined to catch up on the balance with a payment plan.We have not accepted their repayment plan because we have 5 children between us to support and I don't think we would be able to keep to the terms of the agreement.Never mind that we are still months behind on all our utillity bills and have one car ready to die on us.This is a case of to little to late.Anyway I'd appreciate any advice you have about trying to get the bank to accept a short sale. Also , my husband's name is not on the property at all. We do not own any joint property. If worse comes to worse and the house sells at auction and there is a deficiency judgement can they come after him for the money? Will a foreclosure show up on his credit file? What can they do to me? I understand that if you are a head of household in florida they cannot garnish your wages.Can they take my car? I need it to go to work to provide support for my kids. My husband and I are really stessed out now and this is really putting a strain on our relationship.He says he dosent want to try to save the house because we could move out and rent for a while and then he could buy us another house later. Do you have any advice or suggestions for us?

[ Edit | View ]

• work non-payment -- joanne, 12:43:51 03/09/07 Fri
    My son did work as a sub-contractor for a company and is not being paid. The work was non structrual. What recourse does he have?

[ Edit | View ]

• Elder Driving rights -- Joseph Shuster, 21:26:01 03/04/07 Sun
    What can be done to take away a drivers license from a relative who is 90 years old and is no longer able to drive safely but thinks they can. this person is no longer able to drive safely and has severe hearing problem as well as physical problems.

[ Edit | View ]

• wronful harrassment by creditor -- Norbert, 22:12:05 03/03/07 Sat
    We sold a car 2 years ago. Apparently, the guy never changed the title to his name and twice the police came to my house looking for the occupant and both times I told them I sold the car. I went to DMV last year and filed the paper to show that I no longer own this car.
    Recently, the car was towed. The towing company and now its creditor is coming after me claiming that I am the owner. Do I have any recourse? I do not owe any money on this car and file the proper papers although it was after the sale. What are my legal rights?

[ Edit | View ]

• Question About Age Consent -- Howard (Curious), 16:09:44 02/24/07 Sat
    I was curious. Suppose you have a 24 year old talking sexually to a 16 year old over the phone or via internet. Although this is not technically sexual contact, is it still considerd illegal by state law?

[ Edit | View ]

• How will I be accused by FTC -- LEO, 02:32:00 02/15/07 Thu
    Hi
    First of all I want to tell you that I donít have much information about the rules of the FTC. Iíve heard that they can sued those companies who donít follow their rules and break the rules. Is that true? How can I know that have I entered into contractual relationships with people or businesses and do I need a written contract that protects me and defines my rights and obligations? Please help.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Credit clean-up -- Dan, 20:41:53 02/15/07 Thu
    I am in the process of clearing my credit debt, and realized on my credit reports their are debts for a workers comp accident I receive at work compliments of my boss which we were working without helmets in the rain(i guess my fault too?). Anyway he never paid the workers comp!! What can I do? HELP!

[ Edit | View ]

• Florida no-lien affidavit -- maria parilla, 15:05:57 02/08/07 Thu
    I am trying to obtain a No-Lien Affidavit form (I believe that is what the form is named) because my first roofer abandoned the job, took my money and left me with just tarpaper for over a year. I obtained a new roofing company but I want to be assured the first roofer doesn't tack a lien on my house because he may not have paid the suppliers. Can anyone tell me what lawyer could fax me that form? Please! Fax to (305) 558-8679. Thank you for any help you can give me.

[ Edit | View ]

• Homeowners associations bylaws Fl. Laws #723 -- Jack Leonard, 16:49:39 02/03/07 Sat
    Does a HOA have the right under fl statute #723 to deprive a member the right to attend, speak or vote at a HOA meeting for not paying a $10.00 assessment?

[ Edit | View ]

• bouncing check -- Michele Lupo, 15:41:49 02/02/07 Fri
    i provide freight forwarding service to a company based in Jupiter, Florida.
    They paid me with a check signed by an not authorize officer (signature was withdrawn)therefore their bank sent it back unpaid.
    Do I have the right to sue them for fraud and presetn the case to the Attorney general?
    tks

[ Edit | View ]

• Restricting access to mail boxes -- Marianne Canavan, 22:23:19 02/01/07 Thu
    Is it illegal to restrict access to mail boxes in a clubhouse? The community is approx. 100 patio villas - homeowners association- NOT a condo association. The board locks the doors to the clubhouse every night after 10 pm so no one has access to their mail from 10pm until 7am. The mail boxes are inside the clubhouse only and the mailman comes to the clubhouse, not the individual patio villas. Thanks.

[ Edit | View ]

• Repayment of Money Loaned -- Frazier, 22:18:17 01/28/07 Sun
    How do you collect money owed in the amount of 5.000. The person keeps on missing their promised dates of repayment. How can I get enforce this person to repay me.

[ Edit | View ]

• Employment Issue -- Marni, 17:33:33 01/21/07 Sun
    I was working as a Recruiter at a Direct Lender. I was the first recruiter there. The company started overpromising and underdeliving to their employees and lying to their customers and putting them in terrible financial situations. They were making terrble hiring decisions. For example, the company took an employee back who during his employment went to jail and got out. I could no longer stomach working there as a recruiter. I started my own company on 12/6/06, while still employed. I worked both jobs at the same time. I got fired on 12/27/06 for lack of production. My employer looked on sunbiz and discovered that I started my own company. I have not been able to talk with him since this discovery. He wants to sue me. What rights does he have, if any, to sue me? Three important facts to know are 1) I am not and have not been at any time listed as an officer, principal or owner of this company; 2) I never signed any documents (i.e. non compete, non disclosure, etc.) during my time there; 3) my business is in no way competing against his. I look forward to hearing someone ASAP! I would like to get on with my life and my business. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

[ Edit | View ]

• Jurisdiction -- Paul, 00:09:19 01/16/07 Tue
    If an accident resulting into injuries took place by an out of state company from Georgia operating business within the state of Florida which court would have jurisdiction on the case Florida or Georgia?

[ Edit | View ]

• Illegal Residency -- Kristen, 19:31:50 01/05/07 Fri
    I overheard that it is against the law to sleep in the same room as a person of the opposite sex of the same age in the state of Florida. I am really skeptical of this statement and would like confirmation on whether or not it is true.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• My Fiance' brought me to FL under false pretense -- Carole ((sincere, sad)), 22:37:24 01/05/07 Fri
    I had heard you can actually sue someone for leading you into a relationship/Engagement *Knowing Full Well* they lied about their intentions & sexuality, using you as a coverup (so 2 speak)? I sold all my things bk in TX to move out here w/him, as he said we would get new things (together)whom is now trying to send me back w/nothing.

My question is simply this, is there ANY kind of law that protects a person who has endured false pretense-Conned?? Thank you for your attention to this unfortunate matter.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Homestead Petition Denied by VAB Magistrate -- surfdog, 16:55:57 01/04/07 Thu
    Husband and wife (both career professionals) own house (18 yrs) and condo (4 yrs) as tenants in entirety.
    Condo property taxes have quadrupled!
    To seek relief of spiraling tax burden - husband made condo permanent residence per florida statutes and applied for homestead exemption.
    Denied based soley on joint IRS filing , petitioned VAB, denied again.
    AGO 2005-60 and others say that husband and wife are allowed seperate homestead exemptions.
    What are my options now??

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Legal Separation and Home Rights -- Ann Gutierrez, 21:27:27 12/27/06 Wed
    I live in Texas but my mother-in-law lives in Florida. Her husband is an alcoholic who is now taking Xanax as well. He has become more and more mentally abusive and is now hallucinating as well. We fear for her safety and are trying to find options for her. The house they are buying the deed is in both names but the financing is in hers only. Can she legally have him leave? Can she get a restraining order even if he has never technically hit her.

[ Edit | View ]

• Judges sentencing history -- Bill Buxton (help), 17:02:31 12/10/06 Sun
    Is there any public record on how a certain judge sentences criminal defendants found guilty.

[ Edit | View ]

• Arrest time -- Belinda Hayter (ANGRY), 15:25:46 12/05/06 Tue
    My son spent 10 months in Hillsborough County Jail for four charges of Battery, then he spent 6 months in a secured mental facility. Could you possibly tell me what is the minimal and maximum for time served?

Aren't there special provisions for young adults that have mental illness and neurological deficits? He is only 19, and he turned 19 in the secured facility and 18 in Hillsborough County Jail. I am not dealing too well with this. Also should we get an attorney instead of a public defender?

Thank you,
    Belinda

[ Edit | View ]

• Law -- Alexandar (help), 19:22:05 11/29/06 Wed
    Dear Sirs,
    I have question about next situation:

My last employer is call my bank and false personation like me and find my account balance.

He is inadvertently use my ssn and my account number and get all details from my account.

For this I have proof and admission, hi is call me and live message and exact amount on my account.

I just have question if this crime or not., and what I can to do.
    Thank you.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• contempt of court -- R. Lynch (Help), 14:03:55 11/15/06 Wed
    This questions pertains to an ongoing Florida case on easement rights, which was ruled on by Judge Sue Schaeffer; appealed to the 2nd DCA and ruled on in favor of the Plaintiffs. The Plaintiffs consisting of an entire neighborhood (22 lots owners) wherein the Defendant had blocked access to ingress/egress to waterfront property that had been in effect since the development was established in 1953. The Plaintiffs won in the lower court and the 2nd DCA; however, Defendant has now requested a en banc rehearing (2nd DCA) which has not been ruled on yet. In the meantime, the Defendant is in contempt of the court ruling by obstructing the easement in numerous ways and instances. Our question relates to a contempt of court hearing. The neighborhood has been involved in defending the rights to the easement for 5 years now. As you can imagine the attorneys' fees are overwhelming. The neighborhood (plaintiffs) would like to know how to file for a contempt of court hearing without using an attorney against the Defendant regarding his disregard for the court ruling and the constant harrassment we are undergoing when using the easement? Can we do it while the case is still on appeal? This individual can afford to pay attorneys forever, but it is hard for the neighborhood to continue defending the issue. Any advice would be appreciated.

[ Edit | View ]

• Lying about being single in real estate transaction -- Peter, 12:46:14 11/09/06 Thu
    I wanted to know what kind of offense it is to lie about your civil state (married or single) when buying or selling real estate property in Florida? Where can I seek information on this? Thanks.

[ Edit | View ]

• Re: Fort Lauderdale Criminal Defense Attorney -- Roger P. Foley, 01:01:58 10/29/06 Sun
    New address and phone number:

524 South ANdrews Ave., Suite 200N
    Fort Lauderdale, Fl 33301

Ph: (954) 467-2946
    Fax: (954) 764-5330

[ Edit | View ]

• Criminal Defense Attorney -- Roger P. Foley (Updated Address and Phone Number), 01:59:25 10/29/06 Sun
    Our new address is
    524 South Andrews Ave., Suite 200N
    Fort Lauderdale, Fl 33301

(954) 467-2946

[ Edit | View ]

• Neighboorhood disturbance -- Nathalie Drevot, 11:29:47 10/23/06 Mon
    Dear sirs,

I'd like to know what is the law authorizing for noise and music parties in a private neighboorhood. We do have neighboors who are organizing Karaoke parties in their yard, yelling on the microphone every single WE, from 3 pm to 11 pm. Police is coming on regular basis but apparently cannot fine them as long we have not place a lawsuit.
    Can you give me some hints on this?
    thk you in advance
    Rgds
    nathalie

[ Edit | View ]

• illegal county fines? -- Andrew, 12:38:51 10/18/06 Wed
    Can a county fine a homeowner for work done to their home with out permits over twenty years and two home owners ago? My brother has owned his home for 2 years but has been cited by Pasco County for not having permits to replace a garage door (done 8-15 years ago) or install a hot tub (done 20+ years ago). They are trying to force him to apply for the permits and pay fines for not having done so in the past. They are also trying to force him to replace the garage door because he has to seek a new permit for that, but that current door does not meet current building code. HELP!

[ Edit | View ]

• Fort Lauderdale Criminal Lawyer -- Bradford, 19:10:19 10/11/06 Wed
    Bradford Cohen Law as seen on Celebrity Justice, NBC, Court TV and The Dan Abrams Show is available to handle your criminal law matter 24 hours 7 days a week.

Call Today for a free consultation 954-523-7774

[ Edit | View ]

• Drivers Licence -- peggy (curious), 16:34:02 10/11/06 Wed
    Can you get a drivers licence regardless of losiing them in another state? Are't the same rules applied there as the state you just left????

[ Edit | View ]

• Re: Florida condo laws -- Helen Callmer (Quizical), 15:33:18 10/03/06 Tue
    Can a convicted Felon Serve on a Condo ASSN. Board?

[ Edit | View ]

• site for Jovan -- site for Jovan (site for Jovan), 01:16:40 09/30/06 Sat
    I haven't gotten anything done lately, but maybe tomorrow. I guess it doesn't bother me. Pretty much nothing seems worth doing, but oh well.

[ Edit | View ]

• people background lookups -- nanainstpete, 15:03:07 09/28/06 Thu
    Hey all, I was wondering if anyone knows of online resources that you can use to do Florida people background lookups. pro-searches.com has some good people search links to court databases there and I use them alot, just wondering if there are any others that I don't know about yet. Thanks, Nana.

[ Edit | View ]

• Online record searching -- nanastpete, 14:54:37 09/28/06 Thu
    Hey all, I was wondering if anyone knows of online resources that you can use to do Florida people background lookups. pro-searches.com has some good people search links to court databases there and I use them alot, just wondering if there are any others that I don't know about yet. Thanks, Nana.

[ Edit | View ]

• Session Law -- Rebecca, 09:26:18 09/28/06 Thu
    I am not a lawyer , but I have a question about session law. If a degree level of a crime was put before session law for change , but was not ruled on til two years later, How does it affect the prosecution of a crime as far as the degree level and time it was committed ?

[ Edit | View ]

Main index ] [ Archives: 123456789[10] ]
    [ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.