VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9]10 ]

FLO - Florida Law Online
Florida Law Online Forum

Welcome to the forum and message board for Florida Law Online! Here, you can ask questions about and make suggestions for the FLO website. You may also ask questions pertaining to Florida law, but please bear in mind that many such questions are in effect requests for legal advice. (In that instance, you should call The Florida Bar's Lawyer Referral Service.) Do not be surprised if you ask a question and do not receive an answer.

FLO - Florida Law Online

• What can I do to a person who trespasses on my property? -- eric, 20:12:16 07/01/09 Wed
    I just sold a car to a guy who is angry because he claims that it needs some minor work, and I am refusing to fix it. After a heated phone conversation, he said "I know where you live" and hung up. Obviously that's threatening, but I doubt that's enough to notify the police about.

I am wondering what I can legally do if he shows up and attempts to harm me or my property. I live in a subdivison on a 1/4 acre lot, not out in the country, so I don't have "no trespassing" signs up or anything. I don't have a gun, but I have a steel pipe that would really hurt if you got hit with it. I don't want it to come to this, but in case it does, I just need to know when and when not to use force, and how to best cover myself. I also have a video camera that I can turn on if he shows up, would this be a good idea?

[ Edit | View ]

• lawyer acting without CONSENT -- karime hissami (Is it possible?), 15:27:16 06/30/09 Tue
    On september I contacted a florida lawyer to ask if it was possible to collect a deposit over a flat i bouth in Palm beach. However, the lawyer sued the flat constructors without my permission or consent (he has no written consent nor any spoken consent. Neither he has any initial or anytime payment). I wrote him asking why he did so. He never withdraw the lawsuit and now I can not get back my deposit because of the lawsuit which is still active. Is it possible to act this way in Florida? Lawyers do need written consent to act on our name? Pls reply to my email. Thanks for your help.

[ Edit | View ]

• Debt collection -- Louis Tremblay, 07:33:59 06/21/09 Sun
    How long does a spouse have to collect a divorce settlement ?

[ Edit | View ]

• Electronic Recorded Interrogations -- Chuck, 00:15:50 06/09/09 Tue
    Is it legal in the state of Florida for the Police to electronically record interrogations without the interrogee knowledge? Electronic devices not visible or acknowledged.

[ Edit | View ]

• Sara -- saragardone, 06:46:02 06/04/09 Thu
    I like your site
    sara
    find lawyer

[ Edit | View ]

• Definition? "Open Container" or "Closed Container" -- Start-up Business Guy.. (Curious), 11:35:29 06/02/09 Tue
    If I wanted to start up a company in Florida that served mixed or frozen alcoholic beverages through a drive-thru.. What would I need to do to the containers to make them pass as a "closed" container? I've looked all over the net and all I can find is info on what the laws are, not the definitions of the terms. I've seen places in other states that did this and all they did was put it in a foam cup with a lid, then put a peice of tape across the cup and lid like a seal.. Is that all I would need?

Thanks to anyone that can help!! And if you'd rather answer via email, I've provided mine above. Thanks!

Chas

[ Edit | View ]

• this is serious guys -- bradpiit, 04:40:17 05/24/09 Sun
    The people are losing their moral while becoming modern. The society needs to be attentive that moral values. Well things needs to be modernized but keeping intact with moral values.

Lawyer Directory

[ Edit | View ]

• Moral Obligation or Legal ? -- Barb, 15:06:25 11/14/08 Fri
    i have been involved in a contested divorce for over a year now. My ex to be has lots of $$$ I have a little. I am running out of money and am now getting unemployment (in Real Estate business looking for Real Job). What can my attorney do if I tell him I am almost out of money. Will he drop me? Is there some legal obligation on his hehalf to finish the case? Are there any financial assistance programs for individuals like me that will not quallify as "indigent"?

HELP!

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• emancipation -- Lisa (depressed), 00:28:14 02/27/09 Fri
    Hello I've never done this before because... I never really have any time 2 be on the internet. But I also had a few questions about being emancipated! I never even heard of it before! so I guess u could say I have alot of questions! Let me just tell u a little bit about myself. I'm 16yrs old but I'm going 2 be 17 in a couple months! Both my parents are first class ALCOHOLICS! I never really noticed it when I was small because... I was a kid! Ever since I was 12 I been raising myself going to school doing my thing!Then when my oldest brother turned 18 my parents stoped getting Welfare from the state! Which means we got evicted! we were living in a shelter untill we got kicked out because my parents were getting drunk every night! after a while we got an apartment! all the while my grades were getting messed up from me missing school sooo much! But last month I moved out of my parents house and into my brothers house! but I am still legally in my parents custidy! And now my brother says he can't keep me!!!

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• thanx -- johnhard, 01:57:57 05/04/09 Mon
    This is a wonderful opinion. The things mentioned are unanimous and needs to be appreciated by everyone.
    john
    Lawyer Directory

[ Edit | View ]

• Lease -- Gina Rodriguez, 08:09:59 05/01/09 Fri
    Can I break a lease on an aprtment if I buy a home?+

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Beach -- catus, 08:43:49 04/22/09 Wed
    what about the law for the beaches in Florida law???

catus

lawyer directory

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Medical law -- catus, 09:01:43 04/22/09 Wed
    what's law for medical rule in Florida law????????

catus
    lawyer directory

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• nudity on private property -- DC, 18:28:46 04/22/09 Wed
    I am trying to find out if there are any laws governing nudity on private property in the Milton Fl area. I have made sure that no one can view me while laying out unless they are in a helicopter. But I want to make sure no one will be knocking at my door if I follow thru with my choice to lay out.

[ Edit | View ]

• entering a hospital -- toon adank, 07:28:34 04/02/09 Thu
    Can a person (visitor) be refused to enter a hospital ? If so, for which reasons? Are there any legal rules that ground this refusal ?

[ Edit | View ]

• fines that are kepping me from getting my DL back -- Brian, 17:47:57 03/25/09 Wed
    What motion do I use to help me get previous fines reduced? Florida is holding these fines against my driver's license and I haven't the money or means to pay them.

[ Edit | View ]

• property ownership -- Dennis, 19:59:39 03/20/09 Fri
    Question?.. If I own property,house/condo,, in Fla.and I
    fall ill and need serious medical attention,will I lose my
    home if I can't afford to pay?

[ Edit | View ]

• alcohol sales -- buffy womack (puzzled), 16:38:33 06/18/07 Mon
    i recently became manager of a bar in fla, we are planning an event on a sun at 9 am...are we allowed to serve alcohol...some people say yes and some no...what is the law pertaining to alcohol sales on sunday's....please emaail me with the answer thank you wxslayer@aol.com

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• FAILURE TO REPORT INCOME INCREASE FOR CHILD SUPPORT -- Robert F. Lynch (DETERMINED), 21:50:29 02/12/09 Thu
    Can an iddividual be sued for failure to report a substantial increase in income that would affect the amount of child support he would have to pay ?

Thanks in advance for any input .

[ Edit | View ]

• signing ballots -- carol, 19:32:19 01/29/09 Thu
    Our mobile home board of directions sent out a ballot for rule changes in our park. There is a line on the ballot for our signature and lot number.

I do not think my name should be on the ballot.

[ Edit | View ]

• power of attorney -- kay bailey, 23:50:51 01/28/09 Wed
    can someone that lives in another state be made power of attorney if there is a living relative that lives within the state? does the power of attorney become the executor of the estate when the principle dies?

[ Edit | View ]

• statue of limitation -- antoine, 13:06:09 01/05/09 Mon
    Good afternoon I would like to know florida statue of limitation on filing suite on a shipping company at jacksonville port that never shipped my vehicle to its destination in the Bahamas, the vehicle was received in may of 2006

[ Edit | View ]

• Defamation of character on the web, can I do it alone? -- John, 14:38:55 12/24/08 Wed
    I am not seeking legal advice. No advice given will be taken as legal advice. I am seeking procedural advice.

I understand that clothing cannot be copyrighted as it is a necessary article. But competitors often buy my pieces to steal my patterns. I have a 5,000 member mailing list. My competitors sign up for my mailing list to watch for new designs to steal. Several weeks ago I sent the following email out to my mailing list:

"NOT ALL DIY IS CREATED EQUAL

I've been designing and making clothing now for about six years. I can tell, from experience, that a lot of what's floating around under the keyword DIY is not worth your money. More importantly, if you're going to give a piece of clothing to a friend, you want it to be the best you can get for the price. If it's bad quality it makes YOU look bad, not the designer. As much as I'd love to bad mouth the "designers" making the inferior clothing - especially the ones who steal my patterns and verbiage, claim they've been around longer than they really have. But I can tell you exactly what makes my clothing a good choice:

1: I'm a trained pattern maker. Look at my photos. I know what needs to be done to make a piece fit. I make each piece from start to finish so I understand exactly what's going into it. Do you really want to buy something from someone who gets their patterns from Wal-Mart?

2: Not only am I a trained pattern maker, I have a degree in design. Some things you just can't learn from grandma or from trial and error. Why would you spend your money on a piece that was made by someone who is still learning? Think about all of the mistakes they could have made.

3: I've made clothing for some very big bands and their wives, including: Tori Amos, The Dresden Dolls, The Reverend Horton Heat, The Ramones, and more I can't even think of right now.

4: I don't hide behind a plastic mannequin or a generic "we" or "us" statement. Many of you know me personally, as Patricia. When something goes wrong I stand behind my work. I answer your emails, you can count on me to work things out. I'm proud to use my friends in my pictures because I'm proud of what I make and I'm proud of how you'll look."

END OF EMAIL.

One of my competitors took excerpts of the email and arranged them to make me sound like I was specifically attacking EVERY other designer in the marketplace. In doing so she mentions me by name in a very active public forum. Her posts generated 10 pages - over 120 posts about me. Her remarks include opinions which I understand are not defamatory. However, she makes a specific claims that my email attacks all other designers - which is not true. This misinformation caused over a dozen of my past customers to post that they will no longer buy from me. It also caused other reputable designers to stop endorsing my products. In essence it calls into question my professional character. I can document a decline in sales that coincides with these posts.

I would like to file a defamation suit. Do you think I have a case? Where can I get the forms to begin the process?

[ Edit | View ]

• CAN ANY ONE HELP ME!!! ??? -- Christine, 14:33:24 12/04/08 Thu
    My husband & I purchased a business in 2002 and a certain party was to contribute to the business more than the $400 that the party put in. 2 years later the person sued us and to this day is going on. The judge did award 50% of a disolved company and with that the person took it upon themself to retreive all assets that not only the company they were awarded, but assets of other companies that had nothing to do with the other. We went back to court and the judge signed a motion granting the person all assets of every company owend by us, and admitted he had no intensions of giving the other person all assets. The lawyer we had prior to the final judgement tried his best but the judge did not like him or us or both from the get go. And now this person is following us around and no one not even the police nor the judge is doing anything to stop this harrassement. This person infact went to the state where my husband works and is stalking him there, inwhich he will possibly loose his job over this. Her main objective is to see myself and my husband in jail (this is what she actually said) and she does not care if we have children involved or anything. I need some guidence as to where we can turn to because the system here in central FL is not listening!!!!!!! Any we have been financialy ruined because of this. One of the sad things about this case is the person is not even from FL they live in IN. They really know how to play the system, lie and get away with it.

[ Edit | View ]

• judgement lien -- sandy, 22:51:19 11/17/08 Mon
    Will a judgement lien force the sale of income property? There is no mortgage involved. A nursing home has gotten a judgement lien against my aunt. Her rental property is her main source of income. I thought that a lien is a way of getting your money in case the property was sold. How can it force someone to sell property that they do want to sell?

[ Edit | View ]

• I have a question about adoption. -- Robert (Sad), 21:15:39 04/25/08 Fri
    I have a friend that lives in Florida. She is of sound mind and judgment, but her adopted parents are not. She is about 16 years old and is almost always in a state of sadness because her adopted parents mentally abuse her. Making her feel like she is to blame for a lot of things going wrong. She has around a 3.97 GPA and is a very polite and caring person, she even use to be president of her school for the March for Baby. She would like to be adopted by a caring person(s), but her adopted parents say no. She was adopted from Vietnam around the age of 9 or 10. She wants to go on to college and make something of herself but she fears that her adopted parents will stop at nothing to stop her. Now given the circumstances is there anyway for her to be adopted by a person or family that will nurture her gifted mind???

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Can my daughter's father be forced to take a DNA test? -- Tamara Cummings, 15:39:36 02/12/08 Tue
    My daughter will be 17 in May. I have not seen her father since our meeting, at which time I informed him that I was pregnant. He has never paid child support.

I moved from Florida 10 yrs ago, to pursue a better career and education. When I returned 4 yrs ago, I was in the process of obtaining two Master's degrees, and was unable to work. That was when I started trying to get CSE to track down her father. They have found him, but have been unable to have the order for DNA testing served on him, because his wife tells the process server that he doesn't live there any more.

Two questions:
    1) Can he be served at work?
    2) Can the State of Florida garnish his wages (not release the monies to me, just hold) and require him to comply with the order for paternity testing?

It seems to me there should be a way for them to MAKE him comply. Kind-of a "Pay or Prove" type of thing.

Also, does anyone have any great ideas for having him served? My daughter is torn up over all of this. She knows he is running, and she is heart-broken.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT IS THE AGE A TEENAGER CAN MOVE OUT -- SUSIE (CONCERNED ABOUT MY DAUGHTER), 18:58:06 04/27/08 Sun
    I LIKE TO KNOW STATE OF FLORIDA WHAT IS THE AGE A TEENAGER ALMOST 17 YEARS OLD CAN LEAVE HER DADS HOME?

VERY ABUSIVE AND SHE HAS A LOT OF PROBLEMS AND WE GET A LONG VERY WELL SHE WANTS TO BE WITH ME.I AM HER MOTHER AND LOOKING FOR ATTONERY THROUGH BAR ASSOCIATION ANYONE KNOW OF ANYONE THAT IS DECENT AND I DO NOT HAVE LOT OF MONEY BUT MY DAUGHTER IS NOT HAPPY IF I DO NOT DO ANYTHING SHE WILL GET INTO TROUBLE OR DIE. WE WERE NEVER MARRIED OR ANYTHING.PLUS HRS HAS BEEN OUT THERE 4 TIMES DID NOTHING. ANYONE WHO CAN ADVICE ME WHERE TO GO AND IF YOU KNOW THE AGE OF FLORIDATHANKS A LOT

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Can DCF for a drug test on a mother suspected of using marijuana? -- Tim, 18:11:03 06/26/07 Tue
    I am speaking of a mother who is under no investigation and has no criminal record. If someone were to call the department of children and families on her for rec use of marijuana can she be forced to take a urine test or would that be violation of her right to privacy. Since she is not a convicted criminal would she be able to refuse testing and get a lawyer?

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• arson and armed burglary charge for a minor first offence -- tambra (scared), 15:10:04 05/17/07 Thu
    my son and two other minors age 15 could be charged with arson, and armed burglary. He has a learning disability and add, his first offence. what could he be looking at in terms of sentencing?

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Family Law -- Lynn O, 20:44:17 11/10/08 Mon
    [ Edit | View ]

• Laws for questioning minors without parent or lawyer present .. -- Donna, 04:42:50 11/09/08 Sun
    Hi can someone please explain the laws to me about what rights I have as a parent about the police questioning my son ( he is 16) without my consent on a capitol charge??? After they broke in my house at 4 am... We were all tramatized and I was never told what he was being questioned about until they removed him from my house. By the time I got a lawyer on the phone and called back the PD they took 2 hours to call me back and said he was already questioned and arrested. Help please

[ Edit | View ]

• non custodidal parent duties -- Tracy, 15:46:59 11/04/08 Tue
    Can you tell me if a non custodial parent has a duty to provide the custodial parent with his residential address since he takes part in visitation. This is not spelled out in our papers and because of this he refuses to provide it.

[ Edit | View ]

• Unsatisfied -- Doug, 09:34:26 10/27/08 Mon
    I am not satisfied with the service my lawyer is giving me. It has been a year and they have not been able to get a qdro approved by my former employer to stop sending payments to my former and return payment to me!

Is there anywhere I can go to get some help to get my attorney to do their job?

[ Edit | View ]

• Statute 743.01 -- Robert Conner, 16:11:24 10/15/08 Wed
    I have a question. in this case:
    ---------
    Donald Duckley, a 16-year-old living in Florida, has entered into the following transactions:

*He enrolled in college to take a night class and took out a student loan for the tuition.
    *He purchased a new Mustang for $30,000 and signed a promissory note to pay it off in installments.
    *At his college class, he met 16-year-old Minnie Mousefield. They fell in love and got married.
    *After their marriage, they entered into a contract to lease an apartment and to purchase furniture on credit.

In this case does the mustang still have to be paid for and he keeps to the promissory note or is it void because he is a minor? I am asking because I am not sure if statute 743.01 would apply to that since it says "subsequently married" in the statute.

[ Edit | View ]

• Florida Drivers License -- Rick, 20:32:12 10/09/08 Thu
    I received a DUI in Nebraska 4 years ago while holding a Colorado drivers license. Colorado has never taken action on my license, I have a clearance letter from Nebraska, but have never presented it to Colorado. I am considering a Florida license, as I will be in Florida at least for a year, but may go back to Colorado. Will I be able to obtain a license? Will Florida take my Colorado license if they do not give me a Florida license?

[ Edit | View ]

• Repossession and Recovery -- A. Smith, 06:11:40 09/28/08 Sun
    I am curious if there are any laws or statutes prohibiting law enforcement officers from pursuing a second job in the repo business.

[ Edit | View ]

• license suspension for refusal -- Bob Striffler (Officially oppressed), 10:30:04 02/03/08 Sun
    I was accussed of by an anonymous caller to the police. I wasn't the one. No evidence was ever presented that anyone saw me drive in an unsafe manner nor was any testimony presented that I was driving at all. My keys were not in the ignition and the car was parked when the officer pulled in an informed me a car of my description was a possible drunk driver according to an "anonymous call."

I requested to be tested at least 5 times in front of witnesses. The officer refused. I asked to be video taped by 2 squad cars and refused. The officer asked me that if they left would i take my car i said yes. I was then slammed into the hood and arrested. The next day i found out it was for refusal. The officer changed his story on the stand. I passed 2 lie detector tests. The Major of the police department came to my house in front of witnesses and said "what can I do to make this right? Get Bob his truck tools and license back? I said hell yes! Hmm? Witnesses, lie detector tests, an apology from the Major who looked into the arrest, and the officer changing his story and admitting on the stand that I asked him at least 5 times to take his tests! Case Dismissed and I never got my truck tools or license back. 3 years later I built up over $4000 worth of tools so as to pick myself back up and work my way out of the poverty and intermittant homelessness I was forced to live and yet lost it all again. I can find the work it even finds me due to credible and proffessional work history and references! Yet I can no longer get my industrial tools to the jobs! I'm currently living in a tent city sponsered by catholic charities in St Petersburg Florida my name is Bob Striffler I'm in tent 95. 727-556-6397 In 3 years I've had no luck in either the due process aspect or redress! I deserve my life back!

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• father -- robert, 18:42:52 09/19/08 Fri
    i have a son who is 3 yrs with a woman but she is married to another man they have been seprated for seven yrs but because she is still married the hospital said i could not be put on the birth certifcate. she has been leaving the child with sitters for weeks and months at a time. is there anything i can do to get my son away from her. sometimes the sitter won't even hear from her for weeks at a shot. please help me find a way to get my boy.

[ Edit | View ]

• Fla. S.Ct. case search capability -- J. Patrick Simpson, 08:08:04 09/13/08 Sat
    Haven't been able to search Fla. S.Ct. caselaw for a week or so; is it down, or something wrong at my end?

[ Edit | View ]

• 18 year old -- Lynn (Frustrated), 08:08:12 09/04/08 Thu
    I have an 18 year old daughter that has been out of my house when she turned 18 last year. I have helped her with rent and paid bills for her since she left. Our house has been peaceful. However, 3 weeks ago she got into an arguement with her roommate and I was called to go pick her up and take her off the property. The police even called to ask me to come get her. I told her she would have to abide by the house rules until she can find a job and leave again. She agreed. Since then she has sat around, eating all of the food, complaining of not going out to eat, and is having a bad influence on her brother who is 17. She pays no rent and is not on my lease for the house. I want to give her 3 1/2 weeks notice to leave. Do I still have to go through the courts for an eviction? Also, can I write up that if she does not follow the rules up until then, then she is given a 3 day notice to evict?

I cannot go through much more of her attitude and behavior. I didn't want to take her back and was doing it just so she wouldn't have to go to a shelter but this has turned into a nightmare. I even have to lock up all of my things in fear she will steal and pawn them.

Please help with advice.

[ Edit | View ]

• I want to have my rights reinstated -- Frank, 22:23:48 08/19/08 Tue
    I am a convicted felon who has served a federal sentence (non violent crime), completed 3 years probation one year ago,and I would like to have my rights reinstated. How do I go about doing this?

[ Edit | View ]

• Vacation policy -- NataliaP, 09:39:26 08/12/08 Tue
    Are there certain requirements as to how a private business owner develops a vacation policy for their employees under Florida law?

[ Edit | View ]

• Re: Adjudication withheld -- JOSEPH PIATKOWSKI, 12:43:47 08/07/08 Thu
    Can I put down no conviction on my job applications,

[ Edit | View ]

• Layaway -- Liliana Leon, 15:26:39 08/06/08 Wed
    I would like to know if there are specific rules in the State of Florida that apply to layaway transactions?

[ Edit | View ]

• My right to sell inherited property -- Rhonda Roddy, 19:18:48 07/28/08 Mon
    My mother left a house to me and two siblings. It's out of probate. My brother and I want to sell it and distribute the income 3 ways but our sister will not sign any documents (real estate papers, limited POA) to help us do so. She will not answer the phone, return answers to messages, mail, etc. Yes she is alive and doesn't want to buy it. We have no idea why the inaction since she stands to gain in our selling it. What can I do without paying lots of $$$$$$$ to an attorney. I just want our hands untied and be able to move ahead and sell it so we can all have our inheritance and move on with our lives.

[ Edit | View ]

• Does Florida recognize out of state probated wills -- Diane W, 05:49:03 07/20/08 Sun

My deceased father was a resident of Alabama. As his Personal Representative, I have letters of testamentary from Alabama. However, his estate included 5 acres of land in Florida. I need to sell this property and divide the money amongst the heirs. My question is this: does Florida recognize Alabama letters of testamentary or does my father’s will have to be probated in Florida, too?

[ Edit | View ]

• unhappy with lawer ! ! -- richard whobrey (sad), 09:00:56 05/07/08 Wed
    Can a lawer tell you that if i do not sign a check from the insurance co that is a settlement check. if i do not sign she will file a law sute against me. I do not agreed with the settlement.? !Is it florida law that a settlement check hast to be put in a bank untel the check clears in 10 days. before i get paid. thank you

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• fraud and misrepresentation on contract with ACE WASTE SERVICES, LLC, DAVIE FLORIDA -- Debra Sayre (A Pall Ed !!), 13:27:02 06/27/08 Fri
    What is the procedure to rescind one's signature from a clearly fraudulent contract? Where can I find more information on Florida's Deceptive & Unfair Trade Practices Act.

[ Edit | View ]

• new purchase -- w (angry), 18:58:42 06/10/08 Tue
    two months ago i purcased a new motorcycle that had been demoed for 37 miles. as of today i have not recieved the title and tag. i was also informed today that there was a problem getting the title because when i paid for the bike the dealership now going out of buisness) did not pay original owner. just wondering if anyone had some advice. by the way im in florida.

[ Edit | View ]

• Civil Procedure -- civil, 17:03:18 05/14/08 Wed
    A new website on the Florida Rules of Civil Procedure can be found at www.floridacivpro.com.

[ Edit | View ]

• Home I am renting in being Forclosed on -- Christy, 20:22:04 05/08/08 Thu
    I have been renting a home for a little over a year.
    Tonight Papers were served at the home as the owner is being forclosed on.
    We are on a month to month basis.
    I am wondering what my rights are as a Tenant.
    What kind of time frame do I have to obtain new residence ?
    Am I still required to pay rent ?

[ Edit | View ]

• Kicking out an adult child -- Carol, 11:32:47 02/08/08 Fri
    My adult nephews (they are over 30) moved back in with their mother and grandmother. Everything was fine for a long time and then they started drinking again. They are very verbally abusive. Their mother called the police and was told they can't do anything unless they hurt you. WHAT??? How crazy is that. They are saying that she can't kick them out because they live there. They are not paying rent at all. She was just kind enough to let them move in and now they have turned on her. She has started eviction process but this is just crazy to me. What are the legalities of this and why can't she just kick them out?

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Petit Thet 2nd or subsq offense??? -- samantha (scared), 03:58:57 05/07/08 Wed
    Husband was issued a notice to appear in court. he was charged with petit theft 2nd or subsq offense. he has no prior convictions as a adult. he was charged with petit theft as a minor when he was 15. The item was not stolen but the price tage was wrong by $3.00, it is a mistameanor, but is it 1st or 2nd dagree, what can he expect as a sentance? what will happen? no money for lawyer. He wasnt even aware that the price was wrong, but was accused of changing the tag. what can we do, will a plea of innocence only make things worse? help please.

[ Edit | View ]

• Can I counter sue for illness?? and dangerous environment? -- samantha (worried), 03:52:36 05/07/08 Wed
    Can I counter sue for contaminated water and illness? I am being evicted from my home, my landlord decided to evicted when I complained numerous times about the faulty wiring and the sparks shooting out of the sockets and lights flickering, In the last month our well water has started smelling like sewage, my husband and daughter have both been hospitalized and diagnosed with gastroenteritis. which is caused by exposure to contaminated water. Can I counter-sue for medical bills, loss wages and no access to water for bathing and cleaning? lack of maintenance on home? I am worried as my family is continuing to get sick over and over. will a lawyer do this without payment, or take percent of winnings?

[ Edit | View ]

• Florida Boat Repair Laws - Do they exist? -- Don Joe, 22:59:24 04/10/07 Tue
    Florida has a legal section entitled "REPAIR OF MOTOR VEHICLES (ss. 559.901-559.9221)", in which it lays out the rights a customer has at an auto repair shop. The problem is that it says it doesn't include watercraft. Is there something similar in Florida law that gives me similar rights? Seems like I should have the same rights when a mechanic works on my boat as when he works on my car.
    Appreciate any feedback.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• compensation for serving nonvegetarian food -- sam, 12:41:22 05/04/08 Sun
    We are strict vegetarians and stayed in a resort in orlando.We have ordered vegetarian food. We have been served nonveg food, which we realised only after eating some of it, which had beef. We were very stressed and this has damaged our religious belief, spoiled our holiday. Is there a law for compensation for our mental agony and stress and spoilt holiday?

[ Edit | View ]

• Foreclosures with HELOC -- MJ, 10:21:47 04/24/08 Thu
    What are the consequences if I foreclose on a home with a Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC)? The intention of the HELOC was fully disclosed to the bank and they felt there was no problem. If I have a job outside of the U.S. that I would like to take but does not afford me the luxury maintain my current mortgage I would have to foreclose. I just do not want to have any criminal record or not be able to return to the U.S.

[ Edit | View ]

• How long -- Christy (weary), 00:11:36 04/23/08 Wed
    How long does florida have to take you to court once you have the sitation?

[ Edit | View ]

• Who owns the beach/shoreline? -- Brian, 11:32:46 04/30/07 Mon
    I live in Okaloosa County, FL. However, it's becoming more and more frustrating when I go to the beach and find beachfront condos posting signs that the beach in front of their building is 'private property, no trespassing'. What are the state laws on beach ownership and my rights to set up my beach chair, cooler, and umbrella wherever I choose? Can a county make more stringent regulations to give the owner more rights? I can't find anything written in stone about this, so I'd really like some clarification. I have only been able to find discussions that talk about the 'waterline' as the property boundary, but that's about it.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Yes or No? -- Bryan, 17:08:44 08/22/07 Wed
    I want to know if an howmowners association can flat out deny me approval without a reason? i have 8 days to move and this is screwing everything up! Help me please

**they are turning me down to be a renter**

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• probate -- Rose, 13:41:47 08/09/07 Thu
    Will the life ins that will go tothe next of kin, a minor, go to probate because there was no will and pay a 2nd mtg debt prior to disbursal? the home was with rights to survivorship? The home returns to me but what of the debt attached to the home?

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Florida Employment Law -- Sara Dawson, 16:39:52 04/23/07 Mon
    I have a question regarding Florida employment law and verbal harrassment; and a companies ability to release someone from employment if they have been verbally aggressive with another employee.

The employee who engaged in the verbal aggression went to higher executive after the incident to state that he has an anger management problem. This is the second type of verbal altercation that this employee has engaged in over the course of two years.

I am curious to know what means to dismiss this verbally aggressive employee from the work environment; and is there legal backing to be able to do so?

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• imancipation -- Heather, 13:43:22 01/02/07 Tue
    hello my question is that im 15 now and will be 16 soon, i have a bf who is 17 now and my parents dont aprove of this at all, my step father has struck him and has threatened both me and him, my mother has not but does nothing about this, i was wondering if i could be imancipated for these things, i dnt feel safe in a home like this...i also have a good paying job, and would have a nice home to stay at
    *Heather

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• State of Fl holding my child support check! -- Tamara Cummings, 23:18:41 04/09/08 Wed
    I was informed that the State of Florida would be keeping my child support payments because I had received public assistance benefits (I could have requested 15 yrs of back child support, but only requested 6 mos). The back support payments totaled almost 5k, and his father has made two payments totaling 1700. The problem I have with this is that I did not receive assistance near that amount. Can they legally keep all that money? The "system" is stealing money from those who need it the most. I have searched and searched, but have not been able to find any statutes that refer to this. I do not have a problem with them recouping the money they paid out in assistance for my son, but I do have a problem with them keeping all of the money that I am supposed to be paid. I am unable to compute how 500=1700. Please explain how this works, and where I can find info on how to fight this.

Thank you!

[ Edit | View ]

• laws for income witholding notices. -- Jen (confused), 21:33:44 04/07/08 Mon
    I found my ex at his job in florida. I live in illinois, have a support order in illinois. the state of illinois has sent him a income witholding notice in late february . He said he did not receive it. I then faxed it over to his business. he wrote me nasty email saying it was against the law. is it?

[ Edit | View ]

• eviction of 18 yearold -- Russ (sad), 19:10:36 04/03/08 Thu
    What are my rights as a parnet when i have a 18 year old living in my house,she is quite lazyand most of all cutting fom school all of the time. Do I need special paper work to remove her from my house EVICTION even thought she is still in school? she is in her sr year

[ Edit | View ]

Main index ] [ Archives: 12345678[9]10 ]
    [ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.