VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45 ]

Unplanned Pregnancy Discussions

Option Line Logo

IMPORTANT NOTICE WHEN POSTING

AFTER YOU SEND YOUR POST IN, A MESSAGE WILL APPEAR THAT SAYS "This message is not approved for display." THAT MESSAGE JUST MEANS THAT THERE WILL BE A DELAY UNTIL ONE OF THE MODERATORS CAN APPROVE YOUR POST. Thanks for your understanding.

This board is for women who are experiencing an unplanned pregnancy, and don't know if they want to keep the pregnancy going. You can post your feelings and concerns and fears. Women normally will receive responses from people with both views, prochoice OR prolife. Please understand that by posting here, you will receive a lot of different advice and ideas - these are other people's views and feelings, use them as information as you decide what is the best answer for you and your life. It helps to know all sides of the story when trying to make a difficult decision.

For people responding to women who are pregnant, please remember to be sensitive and caring, and do not get into arguments with other posters about their views. Posters who post critical remarks about other posters, their messages, or the help agencies they recommend, or try to provoke debate will have their posts deleted. Public criticism of posts will not be acknowledged. Criticism of the board leader or helpers creates an atmosphere of debate and contentiousness that causes insecurity in women seeking help and so will be deleted. Offending posts will be deleted at the sole discretion of the board moderator. The moderator may not be able to approve posts recommending medical actions, for liability reasons. The participants are not qualified to diagnose pregnancy, and in any case, no one can diagnose pregnancy through a discussion board. Nor can posts that solicit for adoption be approved; the moderators are in no position to screen potential adoptive parents.

This board is not for debate. If you want to debate, please go to this board Prolife Debate or this one Abortion Debate

Using the above debate boards is at your discretion--The moderator is not responsible for content. For any questions about this board, or to report inappropriate posts, email Diane Cheryl DCHERYL51@yahoo.com or CHERYL51@mail.com

Be one of the founding members of a newly- formed group to ask questions and find answers about abortion and other alternatives. Join at TeenChoice or Join this forum at Abortion and Alternatives

If you want to chat with someone, and there is no one in the chat room when you are online, please post a note on the board, telling people when you can be there, or email Carieichel@aol.com to arrange a time to meet and chat.

If you want to sign up for the Unplanned Pregnancy Help email list, please go to this site: Unplanned Pregnancy Help Email list

Post Abortion Healing Support Board

Option Line Logo

Help for Unwanted or Unplanned Pregnancies

Subject: am I pregnate?

Author:
Samantha
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:35:30 03/15/07 Thu

Hey,
About 3 months ago my last two periods have only gone 3 days and they normally go a week....And also the other night i think i had the stomach flu but i didnt throw up but i was hot and cold and i was so tired and everything...But this month i havent had my period yet so yah....Ive been havin mood swings, i have a cold right now, and my nipples sometimes not all the time, ive been eating a little bit more...And everyone that i live with thinks im preg but i dont kno if i should believe them or not and im to scared to go get a test.... Umm also lately when i eat its hard to keep it down, i get heartburn, and also i get dizzy when i get overheated and im just wondering if i am pregnate?

Replies:
Subject: I had unprotected sex and had a period few days later but..

Author:
Jennifer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:46:54 03/14/07 Wed

I had sex march 4th and had my period 4 days later could i be pg or did it flush my system out when i had my period?

Replies:
Subject: Curious

Author:
Icka
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:55:31 03/14/07 Wed

I have very irregular periods. If I'm stressed at all I can skip months regularly. (I've been very stressed lately)I've been with my boyfriend for a year now. This period has been later than usual and we're worried I might be pregnant. I was too scared to go get a test because I was worried I would run into somebody I knew when I was buying it but I broke down and bought one today. It showed positive, but my boyfriend said since we had sex earlier today it was inaccurate. Does anybody know if that's true?

Replies:
Subject: Concerned....

Author:
boy in edmonton (worried...)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:24:12 03/14/07 Wed

ok.. im the boyfriend and i do not know much bout how girls periods work. Ill cut to the chase.. my girlfriends day is the 10th of the month.. usually... however she is four days late and seems to be worrying alot.. we use a condom and the one time it ripped i knew and pulled out.. so is there a fair chance to get pregnant on pre cum? or is she just freaking out? please help...

Replies:
Subject: pregnancy

Author:
Bella
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:29:37 03/14/07 Wed

I came on my period over a week ago, came off on the normal time then i had spotting of blood and then i came back on again ive had two periods in one week? am i pregnant???

Replies:
Subject: Can I get pregnant?

Author:
Jen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:16:43 02/17/07 Sat

Once i have had my period twice there are no chance for me to be pregnant??

Replies:
Subject: How long?

Author:
Amanda
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:35:52 03/14/07 Wed

ok, i just had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and i was wondering how long it would take befor i should test if im pregnant or not?

Replies:
Subject: What should I do?

Author:
Zulema
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:21:55 03/12/07 Mon

MY BOYFRIIEND LIED TO ME HE TOLD ME HE BROKE UP WITH HIS EX
AND I BELIEVED HIIM AND WE HAD SEX ALOT OF TIME WITHOUT
NOTHIING AND NOW IM PREGENT AND THEN I FOUND OUT HES GIRL WAS IN TEXAS AND ONE DAY I PASSED THROW HES HOUSE AND I SAW THEM TOGTHER I FELT SO SAD AND MAD AND THEN HE DROPED HER OFF AND FOLLOWED ME AND HE LIIKE SORRY AND IM LIKE YOU STILL WITH HER?HE WAS LIKE YES AND THEN I KICKED HIM OUT OF MY HOUSE AND THEN HE LEFT AND THEN WENT BACK TO HIS HOUSE TO LOOK IF HE WAS WITH HER
AND HE WAS I STOP AND GOT OFF AND TOLD HIM WHAT ARE YOU DOIING HERE AND THE GIRL WAS LIKE HES HERE WITH ME I SAID I DONT CARE HE MY BOYFRIEND AND THEN THERE WAS A BIG FIIGHT AND THEN HE SAID HE WAS GOIN PIICK ME BUT THEN I NEXT DAY II WENT TO THE GIRLS HOUSE AND HE CAME OUT WITH HER AND I WAS LIKE WHAT ... AND HER DAD WAS LIKE JUST PICK ONE ALREADY SO HE PICKED HER SO I JUST LEFTED HE DIDNT CARE ABOUT ANYTHING....

Replies:
Subject: pregnancy

Author:
n/a
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:40:35 03/12/07 Mon

Ok me and my b/f had unprotected sex i was off the patch for 4 days and ive been noticing that ive been peeing alot lately is that normal or am i pregnant? Help me thanks

Replies:
Subject: No morning sickness

Author:
Lisa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:13:48 03/12/07 Mon

I took a pregnancy test last week on the 6th, and it was positive, i had a blood test done on wednesday and my quant. level was 55, on saturday it went up to 155, my breasts are heavy and swollen, but i don't have any morning sickness. Problem is this is my 5th pregnancy, the other 4 ended in miscarriage, that's why i'm scared. My quant. levels are low to me. I do have a 13 yr. old child, so i know i can get pregnant, i'm 42 yrs. old. Advise please.

Replies:
Subject: Please help

Author:
Danielle (Nervous)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:18:28 03/11/07 Sun

I am on birth control and have been on it for about 6 months now. I recently had my period and my ovulation date isn't for another four days but yesterday I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend. He had pulled out before he came. I'd also like to note that for three days, ending the day before yesterday, I was on antibiotics for a UTI, but my doctor did not inform me of any possible reductions of effectiveness of my birth control pills, when she usually does. Also, I'd like to note that I was on the placebos of the 28-pill pack and I never missed a pill and follow all b/c pill rules and instructions.
Could I be pregnant? Or are my chances slim to none regarding my circumstances?

Replies:
Subject: I NEED HELP!!!

Author:
Marianne
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:12:33 03/10/07 Sat

OK well i havent had my period since November. I know im not pregnant cause i havent had sex since like august. Anyways im just really scared. I dont know what to do. Do any of you guys know what could be going wrong with me? I dont want to go to the doctors because i am scared. I hope i am just freaking out for nothing (which i usually do) but i dont know what to do can someone please help me??

Replies:
Subject: Am I pregnant????

Author:
Marissa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:56:02 03/07/07 Wed

I had unprotected sex on 2/26/07---just happened to be my ovulation day. Next morning I had a 5 second butterfly-nausea spin and said"oh no". A few days later I started with hot flashes. Exactly 7 days later I have started spotting--mix of pink and brown--day 2 now, along with cramping--has disapated. My breasts have blown up..friend asked did I buy new bras, she never saw me with large breasts before!I am urinating every 30 minutes(not norm for me) My cycle is like clock work and never early.How long before I can get accurate test results?? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Replies:
Subject: worried

Author:
Alisha
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:03:38 03/06/07 Tue

hey im 19 years old and i had a baby about a year and a half ago and i had a c-section. my per. has been the same but after i get off or my per. and me and my boyfriend had sex two days later i started to bleed again light but that was like 3 days ago and im still bleeding but it just seem to get a little more dark as the days go by but my per. was for a week. i need help cuz it never has done this until after i had the baby. i need help some one please help me!!!

Replies:
Subject: could I get pregnant at this time of month?

Author:
Deena (Confused)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:28:05 03/06/07 Tue

My fiancee and I have been together for 5 1/2 years and have been having sex for about 5 years. I had a few pregnancy scares during that time here and there, but everything was ok. We moved in together about 6 months ago and ever since then my periods are never regular. They are usually 3-4 days early each month and this month it is actually 3 days late. Last month, I got it on Feb. 3rd, and now it is the 6th of March and my period isn't here yet. I thought I was pregnant because I'm usually early, not late, but there is a little problem now. Since we thought for sure I got pregnant, he ejaculated inside of me today,which he did not do before today.But, I am having my cramps right now, at this moment. Could I get pregnant at this point because now I think I'm going to get my period sometime today? Basically, my question is, Can I get pregnant now, even though I am getting cramps and believe I will get my period? Since it is pretty much
my first day of period today, will the egg implant or is it already shed out of my body by now?

Replies:
Subject: Unplanned Pregnancy

Author:
Kris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:52:24 03/02/07 Fri

Hello, I'm 33 years old with two lovely daughters. I wasn't planning on getting pergnant I actually have an appointment to get my tubes tied next month. I've bought tickets to Calgary in the summer and I'm finally getting my life back. I'm so upset about this revelation of being pregnant, i just want to ahve an abortion. I am nervous abotu telling my husband that i am pregnant, it is so not in our plan. he isnt' violent or anything but its going to be a big shock just like it is for me.

Replies:
Subject: why cant i get pregnant

Author:
helli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:56:47 03/20/06 Mon

i cant get prenant iv been only tryin 4 5/6 months i do have one son so i know i can concieve i dont know wot is wrong im healthy iv bought ovulatio tests and me and husband got cheecked to see if we had nething wrong and there is no medical reason why we cant get pregnant. i really wish it will happen soon gettin really upset
any one got any suggestions

Replies:
Subject: Stand Up Girl

Author:
Kris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:56:11 02/27/07 Tue

This is a really neat site for you to also check out:

http://standupgirl.com/web/index.php
Subject: abnormal period

Author:
Michelle
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:41:59 02/27/07 Tue

im 17 and i had my period on the 4th of feb like normal then on the 15th of feb i started to bleed again and it been going on for 12 days now some times it would stop for a day and start back up and sometimes it just a few hours i really dont know whats wrong with me or is this just normal i really dont know so if anyone can help.

Replies:
Subject: Am I pregnant?

Author:
Crystal
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:56:07 02/24/07 Sat

I am 19. My periods have been irregular for the past 2 years and lately they've come anywhere from 30-35 days apart. My last period was January 22-26, no matter what they've always lasted 5 days no more no less. Also on the first 3 days heavy, and the last two light. I had unprotected sex on Febraury 11. Since about 6 or 7 days after that I've been experiencing tender breasts,VERY sensitive nipples, cramps,bloating and waves of nausea. I know this could all be attributed to being premenstral but the bleeding is early and different this month. On day 28(a normal day to begin your period for most,but according to my calculations i wasnt due for at least a few more days) I noticed a little pink with some discharge on the tp. About 5 hours later I began to bleed regularly so I thought it was over.(the worrying I mean) But..the "normal" bleeding stopped after less than a day, and for the next two i was spotting,and then it was only on the tp. So I was just wondering if it could have been implantation bleeding..I am too scared to test and thinking it is too early to tell anyways..PLEASE HELP!!

Replies:
Subject: PREGNANCY??

Author:
CHRISSY (SCAREDDDDDD)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:14:33 02/23/07 Fri

MY NAME IS CHRISSY AND IM 22 YEARS OLD....THE MAN IM IN LOVE WITH AND THE ONE WHOM I MIGHT BE PREGNANT BY HAVE RECENTLY SPLIT..WHEN I SAY RECENT I MEAN LAST WEEKEND...HE DECIDED THAT HE LOVED ME BUT APPARENTLY HE LOVED HIS EX MORE...SO WHATEVER...THE ISSUE IM HAVING NOW IS THE LAST TIME I HAD MY PERIOD WAS 2-2-07 AND MY PERIODS ARE PRETTY REGULAR..I KNOW IM NOT LATE YET BUT IM CONCERNED BECAUSE THE LAST TIME WE HAD SEX WHICH WAS 2-16-07 HE CAME INSIDE OF ME AND IT JUST SO HAPPENS THAT AT THAT TIME I WAS OVULATING..SO THE OVULATION CALCULATER SAYS ANYWAYS...I HAVE OTHER CHILDREN AND WITH ALL OF THEM I GOT PREGNANT AS SOON AS WE EVEN TALKED ABOUT IT ....SO THAT ALONE SCARES ME THAT IM PREGNANT BUT I ALSO HEARD THAT AFTER AN ABORTION YOU ARE VERY SENSITIVE TO GETTING PREGNANT AGAIN...AND I HAD AN ABORTION IN THE MIDDLE OF DECEMBER... AND I HATE MYSELF FOR LETTING ME DO THAT..IM NOT A SUPPORTER OF ABORTIONS I FEEL EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN CIRCUMSTANCES BUT FOR ME THAT WAS JUST AN EASY WAY OUT AND I TOOK IT...BUT NOW IM SO SCARED THAT I COULD BE PREGNANT AGAIN...THERE IS JUST SO MUCH GOING ON RIGHT NOW WITH THIS BREAK UP BECAUSE WE ARE STILL IN LOVE WITH EACH OTHER....I JUST DONT WANT TO BRING A CHILD INTO A WORLD OF DRAMA...IT WILL CAUSE SO MANY MORE PROBLEMS....I JUST DONT KNOW IF I DO MISS MY PERIOD ON 2-3-07 WILL IT BE TOO SOON TO TAKE A TEST BEING THAT WE JUST HAD SEX ON THE 16TH ? WILL MY TEST NOT BE ACCURATE.....PLEASE SOMEONE RESPONG....IM KILLING MYSELF WITH WORRIES OVER HERE ! ~CHRISSY~

Replies:
Subject: how long

Author:
Amy (not sure)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:47:41 02/23/07 Fri

I had a iud in and had it taken out and havent had my period sence then. I was put on the pill but i am not very good at it. Then my husband and i decided to stop taken it all together and have a baby. So how long should it take? And a few days after i stoppped taken the pill i had a little bit of a period tehn it went away. I havent had anything sence i was ovulating and we did it a lot. But i want to know how long after i would get my period should i wait to take a test. And if it negative why havent i got my period?

Replies:
Subject: my breast are sore...help?

Author:
brittany
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:42:41 02/22/07 Thu

okay. so i was on birth control last month. i was on it for about 5 months. i am no longer taking it though. last month i messed up a bunch of times and so i just stopped. My last period was on the 24th or 25th of jan. I know im not late yet, well just by a few days, since todays the 22nd. I have had unprotected sex and he has ejaculated in me several times, everytime we have sex. and i cant even count how many times that is. It all started on the 5th. My breast are really sore and tender. I have been eating like crazy. At work everyone tells me to stop eating soo much but i cant. when i eat i feel like i havent eaten. i've grabbed my breast in front of people, just because they've hurt so bad, and that makes them feel better. But anyways, people would be like why u grabbing your tits? are you preg? People keep telling me in preg. which is very odd because not many people know whats going on. I just want to know if i am or not. And what the weird thing is, is that my bf always rubs my stomach. i dont know, its kinda odd. Most of my friends have said that the guy can tell before the woman does that shes preg. and he keeps asking me about it, well randomly. So i dont know. Okay well i know this is long, but i hope someone has time to read it and help me please.

Replies:
Subject: Can I be pregnant?

Author:
Jennifer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:00:48 02/18/07 Sun

I have a question I just took a home pregnacy test and it was the - and + kind of test and in the result window it was a really faint - line and a dark line in the other window I know if you are pregnant it is suppost to be + - but I don't understand why the - line is so faint. please help!!!

Thanks Jen

Replies:
Subject: To Semaa

Author:
Diane Cheryl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:13:06 02/19/07 Mon

Hi Semaa,
I got your email but when I tried to reply, my email was sent back to me and it was not delivered to you. Please try again.
You could possibly be pregnant and I would advise you to try http://www.optionline.org to find a pregnancy testing center in your area. They have free tests! Write back.
Diane Cheryl
Subject: Very scared

Author:
tasha (sad)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:22:45 02/16/07 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Is sumtin wrong?

Author:
Morenita
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:01:55 01/09/07 Tue

i had unprotected sex w/ my fiance on 24 of December and then l8r on i had another unprotected sex w/ him on the 5th of January, but after we had sex i was bleedin im worried since i didnt bleed the 1st time that i had sex w/ him. Can n*e*body help me understand this? Is sumtin wrong w/ me? Is it normal?

Replies:
Subject: post-sex emotions

Author:
Kris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:28:49 02/16/07 Fri

SAN FRANCISCO
UCSF explores teens' post-sex emotions
Ilene Lelchuk, Chronicle Staff Writer

Thursday, February 15, 2007

We know teens are having sex and opting for oral sex over intercourse because they think it's safer. Now a team of UCSF researchers may be the first to analyze how it makes adolescents feel.

Ninth- and 10th-graders surveyed at two California high schools between 2002 and 2004 revealed mixed emotions that for many included guilt and feeling manipulated.

Girls were more likely than boys to feel bad about themselves afterward and to "feel used." Boys were more likely than girls to say sexual activity made them feel self-confident and popular.

"We tend to focus on the health consequences of having sex, like pregnancy and STDs, but we also need to talk to them about all the emotional consequences," said UCSF pediatrics Professor Bonnie Halpern-Felsher, senior author of the report published this month in the journal Pediatrics.

Of the 618 students her team followed from their freshman year, 44 percent reported having intercourse or oral sex by the end of 10th grade. The report focuses on the surveys from those 275 students and the differing effects of intercourse and oral sex, which researchers said has become more common because teens believe it carries fewer physical and emotional risks.

A majority said they enjoyed sex. The teens who engaged only in oral sex reported fewer problems with sexually transmitted diseases, pregnancy, guilt and their parents -- but less resulting pleasure, self-confidence or intimacy with their partners.

Forty-one percent said they felt bad about themselves later, nearly 20 percent felt guilty, and 25 percent felt used. By comparison, 36 percent of those who had intercourse reported feeling bad afterward, 42 percent felt guilty and 38 percent said they felt used.

But boys and girls were affected differently. Girls were twice as likely as boys to report feeling bad about themselves, and nearly three times as likely to feel used, according to the UCSF research. Boys were more than twice as likely as girls to report experiencing popularity and self-confidence. (Because the gender differentiation arose in a statistical analysis called a regression, it isn't possible to contrast gender responses with absolute percentages.)

"This report suggests what many teens come to find out on their own: Even if sexual activity seems casual, it often is not," said Bill Albert, deputy director of the nonprofit National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy in Washington. "A casual hookup on a Friday night might not feel that way a month down the road."

The teens were surveyed, with parental permission, every six months during ninth and 10th grades. Researchers did not disclose what schools the students attended or where in California they lived.

By some counts, teenage oral sex is now more prevalent than intercourse, although teen sexual activity overall is declining and more teens are delaying sexual activity, compared with a decade ago.

More than half of 15- to 19-year-olds surveyed in 2002 had had oral sex, according to the National Survey of Family Growth. And the National Youth Risk Behavior Study has shown a decline in the proportion of high school students having intercourse. Forty-seven percent surveyed in 2005 said they had ever had sex, down from 54 percent in the 1991 survey.

Sex therapist Darcy Luadzers, author of two new advice books for teens about how to navigate the sexual world, said she sees the emotional toll firsthand in her practice. The adults she treats have problems that often date back to regretful teenage experiences, she said. Also, in collecting adolescents' stories for her books "Virgin Sex for Girls" and "Virgin Sex for Guys," she found most of them were regretful about their first experiences.

"We just don't talk about the emotional consequences enough," Luadzers said.

Luadzers, who has raised five teenagers and lives in South Carolina, said the downsides of teen sex hit home when one of her sons was in middle school and reported that several girls in his class offered him oral sex if he'd become their boyfriend.

According to a 2002 federal survey, teens started having intercourse at age 17 on average. One in 7 girls started by age 15, down from 1 in 5 in 1995, according to the National Survey of Family Growth.

Teens hanging out at the Metreon video arcade and the Westfield San Francisco Centre food court one afternoon this week seemed to bear out the research results when asked whether they wanted to be interviewed about sex: The girls were shy and the boys full of bravado. Two boys, ages 14 and 17, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said they became sexually active when they were 12.

They said it seems like sex is prevalent and casual among students at their schools, San Francisco's Washington and Phillip Burton high schools. And in sexual education classes, they said, teachers talk mostly about biology, rarely about emotions. The girls hanging out didn't want to talk at all about sex.

The UCSF researchers concluded that parents and educators should talk more with their children about all consequences -- physical, social and emotional -- of oral sex as well as intercourse. The authors suggest it might be easier to convince adolescents to delay sex if adults acknowledge the benefits, such as feelings of intimacy, and then suggest other ways to achieve them.

"It gives them tools to make better decisions," Halpern-Felsher said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teenage sexual activity
Of 618 California high school students tracked by a UCSF pediatric research team between 2002 and 2004, 44 percent reported having intercourse or oral sex by the end of 10th grade.

The finding was in line with national studies showing that almost half of teens from 15 to 17 years old have had oral sex -- 42 percent of girls and 44 percent of boys.

Even among the two-thirds of teens nationwide ages 15 to 17 who have not had intercourse, 21 percent of boys and 18 percent of girls have had oral sex.

Teens have mixed emotions after oral sex and intercourse: 41 percent of kids in the UCSF survey who had oral sex said they felt bad about themselves, compared with 36 percent who reported feeling bad after intercourse. On the other hand, almost 42 percent of teens who had intercourse told UCSF researchers they felt guilty, compared with 20 percent who said they felt guilty after oral sex.

Sources: "Adolescents' Reported Consequences of Having Oral Sex Versus Vaginal Sex" by Sonya Brady and Bonnie Halpern-Felsher of UCSF, published in the February issue of Pediatrics; 2002 National Survey of Family Growth; and 2005 Youth Risk Behavior Survey by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

This article appeared on page B - 1 of the San Francisco Chronicle

San Francisco Chronicle Sections DatebookCommentary96HoursSportsNewsBay AreaBusiness
© 2007 Hearst Communications Inc. | Privacy Policy | Feedback | RSS Feeds | FAQ | Site Index | Contact
Subject: 3 days early

Author:
Tiffany
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:47:13 02/14/07 Wed

i have never had an early period before and im 3 days early. my and my fiancee do have unprotected sex but i dont know if the signs im showing are that of pregnancy or that of menstral. here are my symptoms, tired, moody, cry alot, bloated, not hungy for foods i used to love. only really drinking liquids. i dont know if i am or not so if you or anyone could help me PLZ PLZ PLZ!

Replies:
Subject: Top Ten Signs you are pregnant

Author:
Kris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:59:33 02/15/07 Thu

• 10. Tender, swollen breasts
• 9. Fatigue
• 8. Implantation bleeding
• 7. Nausea or vomiting
• 6. Increased sensitivity to odors
• 5. Abdominal bloating
• 4. Frequent urination
• 3. A missed period
• 2. Your basal body temperature stays high
• 1. The proof: A positive home pregnancy test
Subject: Could I be pregnant?

Author:
Rebecca
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:44:29 02/14/07 Wed

My boyfriend and i had unpertectewd sex just once but he went just alittle bet in me and I took a pregancy test 2 times and it came back Not Pregnant but my big concern is that i still havent started my period yet, could i be pregnant or will I start getting my period back

Replies:
Subject: still worried

Author:
dani
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:28:18 02/14/07 Wed

i'm 19 yrs old and i was messing around with my boyfriend we did not have sex but his penis was in half way and i was on top..this was on the 30th jan and my period was neway 5 days late and now its 2weeks latr and still no period i went for a scan and it came back negative but am still scared as it was so early..i'm not experiencing any symptoms other than being extremely tired...pls help me..

Replies:

Author:
Little (confused)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:34:55 02/10/07 Sat

Hi, I am 19 YR OLD BLACK FEMALE. i AM INVOLED WITH A MALE AND WE DECIDE TO HAVE ME GET ON THE SHOT SO WE WOULDNT HAVE TO USE CONDOMS.. I took my 1st shot in november. The doctor told me not to have sex but i did. about 2 days after. I got my period really lite for the next 2 months and that was unusual cuz they r normally heavy with cramps. so i shook it off as it was just the shot. Ive been really tired, dizzy, and sick to my stomache. And ive also shook it off as it was the shot that was causing it.I was supposed to take my next shot in january but i didnt want to continue it becuze of all they crazy things i was felling. so me and my boyfriend had sex unprotected. I had a really weird period, i bleed a little everyday for about 5 days and then on the last day for a second i bleed alot. then it was over. Now lately Ive been having back pains, shoulder pains and my chest fells very heavy and is very sore, and i still get the sick to my stomache. Could it be possible that it is the shot and that hormone is still in my body and thats wats causing this? or could i be pregnant!?

Replies:
Subject: need advice

Author:
lisa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:20:48 11/22/06 Wed

im 22 and have had 2 abortions 1 was at 17 and the other was 4 montsh ago me n my bf was going thruw a rough patch and decided it was best to get rid of it but now we have sorted everything out we both feel it is the right tiem for a baby but as i have had 2 abortions im worried that i may not be able to get pregnant or may take longer we have been tryin 4 a while now but no luck yet can anybody give me some as advice as i have tryed 2 do some research but im not getting any answers tahnks

Replies:
Subject: abortion?

Author:
EVE (what to do?)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:04:21 01/23/07 Tue

I am pregnant maybe a month or two. I am not sure. The thing is my boyfriend lives about three hours away and we both are really scared to tell our parents. I'm 19 he is 23. He is really scared of what my parents are going to say and also that he is not financialy stable.We are thinking of getting an abortion. But when I was younger I got one and it took me a long time to move on. I'm scared because I really dont know what to do now. I am scared to face my parents but i'm also scared to do that again. WHAT SHOULD I DO????

Replies:
Subject: am i pregnant?

Author:
Debbie (confused)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:18:12 01/27/07 Sat

Hi. I am 23 years old and i have irregualr periods. I usually have a period about every three months. My boyfriend and i have unprotected sex often and I thought i might be pregnant. My period wasn't suupose to come till mid February, but it came 3 days ago, but it was very very light the first 2 days and is slowly picking up, but my boobs usually hurt really really bad before i start my period and they didnt this time. And i havent had my regular cramps. Can i be pregnant and still have my period? should i wait till after my period to take a pregnancy test?

Replies:
Subject: Could I still be pregnant???

Author:
Christina
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:56:28 01/26/07 Fri

well on january 5th i had sex with a guy and i was really high so now it the 26th and i havent started my period cuz i start every 18-21 days and my last period was on the 1st of january. so yesterday i took a pregnancy test and it said it was negetive but i have mostly all the symptoms and my stomach it really hard and im not fitting in to my jeans no more so could i still be pregnant???

Replies:
Subject: SCARED!!!!

Author:
Stacie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:44:46 09/28/06 Thu

I'm so scared...

Last week, I found out I was pregnant. Right away, I scheduled a date for an abortion. Although it saddens me to do this (I've already cried three times), I feel it is necessary, because my fiance and I don't have the money to support a child. Not only that, I'm a junior in college, trying to graduate by the summer of 2008. I'm getting the abortion next week, and I'm 5 weeks along... Is it going to hurt, physically, for a long time?! I know the emotions are going to be overwhelming, I don't doubt, but how long does the physical pain last?! Does anyone know?!?!?!?!?!

Replies:
Subject: what if you had sex the day after your period, how soon after can you tell if you're pregnant

Author:
Ebony
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:59:42 04/18/06 Tue

i had my period and then had sex for the first time in almost a year. I just wanted to know how soon if possible can i find out if i am pergnant?

Replies:
Subject: I dont know if i could be pregnant

Author:
Kelly
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:29:48 01/16/07 Tue

Well last weekend I was at a friends house whom I havent seen in awhile. We use to have a past and so things got heated up pretty fast. Since I was staying the night at his house I knew I did not have to worry about getting home. Well we had sex but first he did not use a condom and when we did it was to small for him so we decided just not to use one. The thing is that he didnt cum in me so I wasnt too worried. But the very next day I got my period. Im scared cause I wasnt expecting it for another couple days. Is it possible that I could be pregnant?? PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!

Replies:
Subject: Abortion

Author:
Julie (Confussed)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:17:49 01/10/07 Wed

Im am 16 years old and i have a 9 month son who is such a blessing to my life. I just recently found out that i am pregnate even though i have been on birth control. I am afraid to tell my parents because i will get kicked outof my house, my boyfriend knows, but we are not finacial able to suppport a child. I dont know if i should have an abortion so that i can finish school and provide the best for my son or keep the new baby and be happy that were a family.

Replies:
Subject: What are my chances of being pregnant or just a worry wart!!

Author:
michelle
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:55:14 10/15/05 Sat

well heres the situation, Ive been off from the pill while waiting to fill my new prescription with my doctor but I had to wait almost 2 weeks until my appt.. Ive mostly stayed abstonate with my husband in that time or tried to be careful while waiting. And in that time I was quiting my 5 yr job and moving onto a new one, and have been pretty stressful in that time, and now working with 2 new girls. I feel like Im always piggy backing with other girls and there cycles and it disrupts my periods, cause I end up working so close to them. I still havent gotten my period after taking the pills for a full month, Im now kinda scared to start up my second pack Im now a week late. Im already a 26 yr old mom of 2 ages 7 & 3 just didnt think I would get preganant again and so unexpectidly. Am I just worrying too much over everything that has gone on in this past month or am I really pregnant again. Im going to do a home test today with my husband so lets see what happens. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Replies:
Subject: Post abortion problems

Author:
Lexi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:40:35 01/14/07 Sun

I had an abortion about 7 months ago via the pill(s). I try not to think about it even though it is impossible. My fiance knows nothing about it. Now he wants to have a baby. We have been trying for 4 months with no luck. He and I have children form previous marriages. We have both been to doctors, and neither of us seem to have any problems. Even though when he ejaculates he has pain in his testicles. I am wondering if maybe the medical option(pill)could have prevented me form conceiving again. Or if the doctors no nothing and his pain may be a contributer. I am very scared. And i don't know who to ask because no one knows about the abortion. Not even my best friend. Can anybody enlighten me? I need some wisdom form someone please. It is eating at me every day, I have no where to turn.

Replies:
Subject: How likely?

Author:
anon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:47:07 01/12/07 Fri

Me and my girlfrined one night were messing around a little, she gave me a blowjob and she swallows. we thought we were done, and i didnt wash up.About an hour and a half later we decided to have sex dfor the first time, i put on the latex condom, but backwards and revresed it than i was going to have sex, but i couldnt due to worrying about things i jsut couldnt. It was up close to her though. A week or so laters he missed her period, but it was also christmas and it was a stressful time. Are the chances good there no no no noticable sperm when i put the condom on, and would think since i dint insert at all id be quite low. Were going to get a test but in the meatime im nervouse thoughts would be appreciated.

Replies:
Subject: post abortion problems

Author:
Janie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:06:45 10/17/05 Mon

I got an abortion 2 1/2 weeks ago and I was 3 weeks pregnant. I opted for the abortion by the pill. I took the pill on Saturday morning and realized that there were only 2 pills in the envelope. I inserted them anyway. When I got ahold of the dr. he gave me two more pills to take orally, which I did. About 2 hours later I began to bleed and continued to for about 1 week and 3 days. I took a pregnancy test after 1 week 6 days and it came back positive. However, when I went for my follow up appt. exactly 2 weeks later, two tests came back negative, but, there was still a tiny bit of tissue inside. The dr. gave me 2 more pills to hopefully help my uterus contract the tissue out. I took them and about 20 minutes later i started discharging a greyish, brownish tissue like substance with little blood. It is 3 days later and I took 3 pregancy tests that are all coming back positive. Why is this happening. I am drivingn myself crazy thinking the worst possibe scenarios. I feel fine. No cramping, no bleeding...I am tired a lot and my breasts are a little tender but not as much as before. If anyone has any advice on suggestions on what you think happend, please help. My Dr. says he thinks I am just filled with anxiety and that everything is fine?? Something is telling me that it is not

Replies:
Subject: AM I?

Author:
SlLynn
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:31:44 09/07/06 Thu

I'm 15 years old. Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex a couple of times. And now i'm not sure if i am pregnate or not. I have had to go to the bathroom alot. And sometimes it burns when i do. I sometimes have to go in the middle of the night. I have had stomach pain. And sometimes it itchs down there. i took a pregnancy test just today. It come out negative... But the thing is it tell you to take the pregnancy test after your missed period. i haven't gotten my period since july and me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex in august. And i dont know when my period is. Like it comes randomly i can go months without getting it. Could the test have been right if i didn't take it after my missed period. And will it ever be able to tell if i dont take the pregnancy test after my missed period? i'm really nervous i am pergnant. Is there anything i can take to prevent myself from being pergnant or if i am pergnant is there anything i can do to not be?

Replies:
Subject: Teen mother welcomes 'my Christmas miracle'

Author:
Kris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:10:47 01/11/07 Thu

This is a true report from the news today. It is an amazing story and please take note, this young mother had NO CLUE she was pregnant. She kept having periods and had only put on 15 pounds. It does happen ladies.

Teen mother welcomes 'my Christmas miracle'

Baby Emilee - A quick-thinking doctor finds a kitten-sized remedy fit for a 2-pound, 14-ounce preemie
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
KATY MULDOON

The Oregonian

Jessica Corpron sat on the couch in her parents' Kalispell, Mont., living room opening gifts late Christmas morning when her right arm began to twitch. Her body convulsed in a sudden, violent seizure. She stiffened, turned gray and passed out.

Her father, Jay, turned Jessica on her side and adjusted her head so the 19-year-old wouldn't choke on her tongue. Her mother, Roni, dialed 9-1-1.

Jessica, who'd never had a seizure before, doesn't remember many details from the chaotic hours that followed, but one stood out. Doctors surprised the tall, slim college freshman with stunning news:

She was more than 7 months' pregnant.

Her mother had suspected as much. As freshmen frequently do, she'd put on 15 pounds during her first term at Whitworth College in Spokane. She didn't feel particularly good, but attributed her headache, sinus pain and puffy face to a winter cold. She still had regular menstrual periods. How could she be pregnant?

When the paramedics asked Roni Corpron if it was possible, she told them yes. At the hospital in Kalispell, doctors felt a bean-shaped mass on the left side of Jessica's abdomen and asked her the same question.

Her mother remembers Jessica saying, "I don't think so."

Jordan Lister was eating biscuits and gravy at his family's home in Kalispell on Christmas morning when Jessica's father called. Jordan jumped in his Ford-150 pickup and sped toward the hospital.

He and Jessica, who have dated for more than three years, met when she was 15 -- a year before Jessica's parents would allow her to date. She was quiet and reserved, as he is, played soccer, as he does, and was drop-dead gorgeous with graceful features and long, blond hair. He persisted and eventually her parents came around.

She followed him last fall to Whitworth College, where he studies business management. The two were serious. They'd talked about marrying one day and having three children.

"I wanted two boys," Jordan says, "and a little girl for her."

But at the hospital Christmas afternoon, all Jordan could think of was Jessica. He was among 10 or 12 family members and friends who'd gathered to wait for news, and early that afternoon, Jessica's father delivered it: She was 27 weeks' pregnant.

"My stomach," he says, "jumped pretty hard."

"But there was clotting and bleeding in her brain," he says. "The whole baby issue got trumped by, 'Is Jessica going to die today?' "

Eclampsia -- severe hypertension brought on by pregnancy -- had caused Jessica's first seizure; in the hospital, she had another. A CT scan showed a blood clot on her sinus cavity and bleeding in her brain. If she didn't deliver her baby quickly, both she and the child could die.

By 3 p.m. Jessica, her mother and three flight nurses boarded a medevac plane for the two-hour flight to Portland. OHSU Hospital, with its neurologists and neonatal intensive-care unit would be better able to handle mother and child than doctors in Kalispell could.

Two hours later, Jordan and Jessica's father, Jay, boarded a commercial flight for Portland. During a layover in Salt Lake City, they got an update by cell phone. When Jay hung up, he turned to Jordan, shook his hand, hugged him and said, "Congratulations. You've got a baby girl."

Doctors at OHSU Hospital Family Birth Center delivered 2-pound, 14-ounce Emilee Grace Lister at 6:58 p.m. by Caesarean section.

Roni Corpron, her grandmother, heard the child cry and saw her kick. Her eyes were dark blue and her skin was as pink as a rosebud.

"She looked perfect," Roni says, "but miniature."

Emilee wasn't perfect.

The child's esophagus, the tube that carries food from the mouth to the stomach, hadn't developed properly. The condition, called esophageal atresia, occurs in about one in 4,000 live births. Often, parents are alerted to the condition while they're still pregnant.

Without surgery, it can be fatal.

Dr. Mark L. Silen, surgeon in chief at Doernbecher Children's Hospital, operated for two hours, 10 minutes on Dec. 28, separating Emilee's esophagus from her trachea and smoothing the way for food to pass into her stomach.

She'd need help -- a feeding tube -- for a month or longer.

As the infant recovered, Silen instructed his nurse to use a 31/2 French, as the tiniest of feeding tubes is called. The hospital, however, didn't stock such a small-diameter tube. The 5 French tube they used applied too much pressure to the narrow, delicate esophagus.

Silen had an idea.

A cat lover, he'd twice taken his ailing felines to Portland's DoveLewis Emergency Animal Hospital. On one visit, he watched a veterinarian slide a sliver of a feeding tube down his cat's neck and into its stomach.

They still had the tiny tubes in stock.

Silen had 45 minutes before his next patient. He hopped in his car and headed for DoveLewis.

"Can I pay you?" he remembers asking the technician who helped him.

"She said, 'Forget it. It costs like a buck.' "

Silen told the woman if she gave him two of the tubes, he'd make a $100 donation to the hospital in honor of his late cat.

"Instead of giving me two," Silen says, "they gave me four."

Jessica Corpron rocked gently in a chair Tuesday morning in Doernbecher's Neonatal Care Center. Emilee, attached to leads monitoring her heart, respiration rate and blood oxygenation, squirmed in her mother's arms.

Her fussing wouldn't last long.

Nurse Lynn Johnson attached a syringe to the threadlike, green feeding tube that snakes into Emilee's right nostril and down her esophagus. She poured a thimbleful of Jessica Corpron's breast milk into the syringe.

The child, 3 pounds, 1 ounce now, opened her eyes, then closed them -- the picture of contentment.

Her mother, who plans to take spring term off from college, gazed back.

"She," Jessica said, "is my Christmas miracle."

Katy Muldoon: 503-221-8526; katymuldoon@news.oregonian.com

©2007 The Oregonian
http://www.oregonlive.com/printer/printer.ssf?/base/living/1168401340112600.xml
Subject: AM I PREGNANT

Author:
chicky (scared)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:26:15 01/10/07 Wed

Okay well me and my bf had sex dec 12 well i wouldnt rellie call it sex becuz it was only in for 2 seconds im on the pill and he had a condom on there was nothing in it when he took it off but there was a hole.. not when he but it on but he kinda got scared cuzz i bleed he broke me open i think i think he made the hole when he took it off cuzz of the frigt he got.. but im scared cuzz well can your mind play tricks on you? make you bleive your prgnant? but a month later i come on my period normal 5 days heavey but i got sore boobs.. im only 15 so can they just be still growing? plzz someone help me before i looses it :( ps. he never pre cum eathier and the hold was close the his scrtom not at the tip or anyhting

Replies:
Subject: I'm going over the edge

Author:
Jennifer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:02:18 07/22/06 Sat

I am a mother of 2 young kids. I love them so much. But I am done having kids (or so I thought). My husband had a vasectomy that failed and now I am pregnant. I cannot handle another baby. Mentally I just cannot! But I am scared of abortion for many reasons. I am afraid of how much it will hurt (physically). I am afraid God won't forgive me. Because I am going into it KNOWING I will be asking forgiveness afterwards. Just doesn't seem right. I would not forgive me either. I also know my mind will be totured because of guilt. But I cannot handle another child. I just can't. I am so upset I feeling like vomiting. I can't eat, sleep, hardly even care for my kids!

Replies:
Subject: if I have a bladder infection and take a pregnancy test, will it come out negative?

Author:
krista (:-()
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:12:51 09/30/06 Sat

I am 17 years old, and I cant have a baby. I took numerous pregnancy tests including one at the hospital. they all turned out negative, but I had a bladder infection before that, and I thought it went away on its own. my stomach has been getting bigger and I NEVER gain weight, so I was wondering if the bladder infection I had may have messed up the results of the pregnancy test. Please please please get back to me as soon as you can, this is so important.

Replies:
Subject: who is the father

Author:
lady1 (really scared)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:38:28 10/02/06 Mon

well me and my boy friend been together for 4 years with me on birth control. we always had unpretected sex, but with me on birth control. me and my boyfriend had broken up because he got caught in bed with my friend. so around febuary 14 i had intercourse with another man only once with a condom in the begining and at the end we did not use one. i have studied that the least way to get pregnant is a woman on top, that is when he ejaculated inside of me. now in march me and my boyfriend got back together and had unpretected sex since. my doctor said that my last period was febuary 24, 2006 and i got pregnant march 10,2006. my due date is december 1,2006 all this is dated by my baby ultrasound. my question is who is likely to be the father?

Replies:
Subject: COULD I BE PREGNANT

Author:
MERCADES
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:24:30 10/05/06 Thu

I JUST TURNED 15 AND ME AND MY EX HAD SEX THE LAST DAY OF MY PEROID I WAS BAIRLEY BLEEDING AND HE HAD CUMMED IN ME THEY SAY ITS VERY RARE TO GET PREGNANT WHEN UR ON UR PERIOD BUT IT CAN HAPPEN WE HAVE HAD SEX ABOUT 8 TIMES AND EACH TIME HE HAD CUMMED IN ME SOMETIMES MORE THAN ONCE EACH TIME WE DID IT HE ALSO PULLED OUT A COUPLE OF TIMES BUT IM WORRIED ABOUT PRE-CUM! I WAS GETTIN REAL SICK AND I WAS WORRIED THAT I WAS PREGNANT BUT I HAD GOTTEN A BLOOD PREGNANCY TEST AND IT CAME OUT NEGATIVE!! I WAS ALSO 4 DAYS LATE ON MY PEROID BUT THEN I HAD IT..IT FELT LIKE A NORMAL PERIOD BUT IM ALWAYZ GETTING MORNING SICKNESS AND ALL I DO IS CRAVE SWEETS AND BE LAZY IM ALSO GETTIN BIGGER BUT IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE TO BE PREGNANT BUT START UR PERIOD 4 DAYS LATE?? IM JUST WORRIED BECAUSE MY FRIEND HAD HER PERIOD EVERY MONTH FOR 6 MONTHS AND SHE WAS PREGNANT!! I NEED SOME ADVICE FOR REAL BUT IM REALLY NOT READY FOR A BABY YET!! SO CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME IM TERRIFIED!!!!!!!

Replies:
Subject: Pregnant?

Author:
Jade
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:39:10 10/06/06 Fri

Hi im 15 i have been on the pill 9 months and i have missed a few pills ovet the last couple of days and i have had unprotected sex i am on the pop pill . i do not know when to take a pregnancy test beacuse the pill has stopped my periods do you think it is possible i could be pregnant and if soo when should i take a test if i am pregnant i dont thnik i could go threw an abortion i have been with my boyfriend over a year do you think we could manage

Replies:
Subject: I don't know what to think

Author:
Keysha (scared)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:51:34 10/11/06 Wed

Well Im 15 soon turning 16 I recently had sex with This One guy in the Beginining Of September When we were having sex i asked him if he came he said He's not sure..But after that Night He said he didnt It continued worry me..I got my Period On the day Im supposed to it was normal flow but for some reason Im Still scared..Then Like 5 days after my period stop I had Some spot bleeding Not alot just a spot i think twice Then im Real Bloated and Gassy Then I discharge Uncontrolable..I am not ready for a Child i dont no what to do or where to turn Can somone help Me PLEASE

Replies:
Subject: birthcontrol?

Author:
justine (scared?)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:33:50 01/08/07 Mon

so i have been on birth control for 12 days...when i had sex,with a condom tho, do u think the b/c was effective then? im scared i might be pregnant

Replies:
Subject: Help

Author:
sonia
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:23:03 01/08/07 Mon

Hi, im 20 years old, me and my bf live away from each other, because of studying. So last month i went to see him around the 15th and stayed with him for a week. In that time we had alot of protected sex, using condom. We also used lubricating gel on the condom. I was due my period on the 27th of December, now its the 8th. Before i took a preg. test, i drank 4 glasses of water in order to urinate, the test came out negative. Could my drinking alot of water beforehand, have had an effect on the results?

Replies:
Subject: missed 2 months pills

Author:
Stacey (don't know what to do)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:07:14 01/07/07 Sun

hi there i have been off my pill for two months know dont know why ive stop takin it i have a one and a half year old child and since not talkin pill ive took 3 peroids could i get pregant at any time plz wb

Replies:
Subject: Top 10 signs of pregnancy

Author:
Kris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:07:48 01/03/07 Wed

Top 10 signs of pregnancy

If you're extremely tuned in to your body's rhythms, you may begin to suspect you're pregnant soon after conception. But most women won't experience any early pregnancy symptoms until the fertilised egg attaches itself to the uterine wall, several days after conception. Others may notice no signs of pregnancy for weeks and begin to wonder "Am I pregnant?" only when they miss a period. Below is a list of some of the first signs of impending motherhood. You may experience all, some, or none of these symptoms of pregnancy:

1. Food cravings: Sure it's a cliché, but food cravings sometimes can be a sign of pregnancy. Don't rely on them as a sure symptom (it may be all in your head, or even a sign that your body is low on a particular nutrient), but if cravings are accompanied by some of the other symptoms on this list, start counting the days from your last period.

2. Darkening of your areolas: If the skin around your nipples gets darker, you may have successfully conceived, though this may also signal a hormonal imbalance unrelated to pregnancy or be a leftover effect from a previous pregnancy.

3. Implantation bleeding or cramping: About eight days after ovulation, you may experience implantation spotting, a slight staining of a pink or brown colour, as well as some cramping. You might also see some spotting around the time you expect your period; this is caused by the egg burrowing into the endometrial lining.

4. Frequent urination: Once the embryo implants and begins producing the hormone human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG), you may find yourself going to the bathroom more often.

5. Fatigue: Feeling tired? No, make that exhausted. High levels of the hormone progesterone can make you feel as if you've run a marathon when all you've done is put in a day at the office. Fatigue is a hallmark of early pregnancy, though probably not a surefire symptom on its own.

6. Tender, swollen breasts: If you're pregnant, your breasts will probably become increasingly tender to the touch, similar to the way they feel before your period, only more so. Once your body grows accustomed to the hormone surge, the pain will subside.

7. Morning sickness: If you're lucky, morning sickness won't hit you until a few weeks after conception. (A lucky few escape it altogether.) But as early as a couple of days following conception, you may begin feeling nauseated and queasy. And not just in the morning, either -- pregnancy-related nausea can be a problem morning, noon, or night. You may also notice that your sense of taste changes. Some women say they have a metallic taste in their mouth, others that they cannot stand the taste of coffee, tea, or a food they usually like.
8. Your basal body temperature stays high: If you've been charting your basal body temperature and you see that your temperature has stayed above the coverline for 18 days in a row, you're probably pregnant.

9. A missed period: If you're usually pretty regular and your period is late, it's worth trying a pregnancy test. A missed period is the surest sign of pregnancy in a woman of childbearing age who usually has regular periods.

And finally ...

10. A positive home pregnancy test: If you've waited to test until at least the first day of a missed period and a blue line appears in the test window, you're most likely in the family way. Make an appointment with your doctor to confirm the good news

Replies:
Subject: PREGNANT OR NOT

Author:
Chelly (SCARED)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:56:19 01/03/07 Wed

I HAD UNPROTECTED SEX WITH MY BOYFRIEND ON NEW YEARS AND MY PERIOD CAME ON THE DAY AFTER IS THE A POSSIBILITY I MIGHT BE PREGNANT

Replies:
Subject: Decisions

Author:
Taryn
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:24:30 12/26/06 Tue

I have been seeing this guy off and on since seventh grade, and three months ago we had sex for the first time. It was the only time we had ever had sex. I went on a couple trips and when I went on the band trip with my high school marching band I noticed that once again I didn't have my period. When I got back I went to Planned Parenthood and my fears were confirmed. I was pregnant. I have never really believed in abortion, but now that I am actually in this situation I don't know what to do. When I told my boyfriend the first thing he said was that I needed to have an abortion. But after he thought about it he asked me to marry him so that he could do the right thing. I don't know what to do, because if I were to keep my baby there is a possibility that I would end up being a single parent because he is in and out of rehab a lot. Please Help!!!???

Taryn

Replies:
Subject: Re prego

Author:
Lana
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:17:06 01/03/07 Wed

how can u tell ur pregagant wit out takin a quiz so know one finds out except me????

Replies:
Subject: need information

Author:
chris (HAPPY WORRIED AND SAD)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:03:51 12/29/06 Fri

IS IT TRUE THAT AFTER U HAD UR PERIODS U R SAFE TO HAVE SEX BETWEEN 5 DAYS B4 AND 5 DAYS AFTER NEED ANSWERS PLZ

Replies:
Subject: could i possibly b pregnant???

Author:
jennifer (confused-jennifer)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:32:05 09/04/06 Mon

so i am only 16 years old and i think i maybe pregnant i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend in june and i skipped my period in july but i dont have some of the symtoms that i read about i dont have tender breasts i dont have morning sickness but i do get bad feelings sometimes and i get really bad headaches sometimes and i dont have anyfood cravings but i do like to eat and these days i love to eat ice(could that b 1?) i feel tired i use to go to bed all hours of the night but now i cant even stay up past the hour of 9:00 my stomach is also getting larger than usual and i have all kinds of mix emotions towards my boyfriend sometimes i love him and sometimes i just want him to leave me alone (when you are pregnant do you still get your monthly period???)please help i really dont know anything about this kind of stuff i have no experience what so ever....and if i am can u please give me some advice on how to tell my mother and my boyfriend...i havent taken a pregnancy test as yet because i dont know what ppl will think when they see me pick it up out of the store ....PLEASE HELP ME IM FREAKING OUT!!!! thanks alot

Replies:

Author:
Emily
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:30:42 10/15/05 Sat

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 3 years, we had both agreed not to have sex until marriage, but this past saturday, we got a little carried away. . I am on birth control, ovcon 35, but I had forgotten to take them on that Monday and Tuesday. I followed the info pack and took two pills on Wednesday and two pills on Thursday and then continued on as normal. The info pack said that I may still become pregnant by missing two pills in the second week. I also started getting cramps and began to bleed last night and according to my birth control cycle, I shouldn't get my period for another week. I think it might be breakthrough bleeding since I missed thoes pills, but I'm so scared that I might be pregnant. Is it possible that I am??

PS. My boyfriend and I have definately learned our lesson, we aren't going to try anything until we're married.

Replies:
Subject: Scared

Author:
Katie (unsure)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:35:37 12/27/06 Wed

I just started yaz birth control on December 13, 2006, and i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend of 2 and a half years on December 25, 2006, he came inside of me, and i am concerned that the pill is not effective yet. I have been on different forms of birth control for years, but i was off it completely for about a year and a half. Could i be pregnant?

Replies:
Subject: Can I get pregnant during my period?

Author:
Maggie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:06:42 10/22/05 Sat

I had unprotected sex on the third day of my period. Could I become pregnant?

Replies:
Subject: One Week After Conception Symptoms?

Author:
Kristin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:58:41 06/28/05 Tue

My boyfriend and I could have gotten pregnant between June 16-19th...I've been experiencing light headedness and slight nausea now and then, and I've been a little tired. Is it possible to show symptoms of pregnancy one week after conception? Also, if I'm showing symptoms, will a pregnancy test pick up the hormone? Because I took a HPT and it was negative, I just had to reassure myself..even if it was false....I do not want to be pregnant, seeing how I am only 17...and still in high school. I have been worrying constantly..could I just be making myself sick and freaking out at every little twinge? PLEASE help me....

Replies:
Subject: Devastated

Author:
Marisa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:46:44 11/28/06 Tue

The past few weeks have been an emotional roller coaster for me and I don't know what to do. I am 20 years old and recently discovered that I am pregnant. I was nervous about telling the father of the child about the pregnancy because we are no longer together but I pulled myself together and confronted him about it. I knew he would be supportive, since he was supportive when I thought I was pregnant several months ago, but when I revealed to him the news he told me that I ruined his entire life and that he never wanted to speak to me again. I was hurt. I was hurt that he could blame this entire situation on me. I regret telling him about the pregnancy because I never expected him to react the way that he did. I did not know what to do. I just cried and cried. I became so depressed I wanted to take my own life. Nobody else knew I was pregnant and I felt like I had nobody to turn to. Sadly enough, all of these emotions took a toll a severe toll on my health and I lost the baby shortly after. I was a mess. I hated him. I hated him for treating me the way he treated me. In the end, I confronted him about losing the baby and angrily told him that I would never be able to forgive him for all the pain he has caused me. I have so much resentment toward him that this is all I think about. I can't eat, I can't sleep. My life has just stopped. I don't know what to do. All I seem to be able to do is cry and cry... Someone please help.

Replies:
Subject: birth control

Author:
Stacey ((confused?))
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:41:43 12/17/06 Sun

so..im not on the pill.....at all..my mom wont let me,i want to have sex..if i use a condom,without using the pill.how likely is it i will get pregnant?

Replies:
Subject: help please

Author:
Sharon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:59:40 12/15/06 Fri

i started my period on the 5th of december. on the 13th of december i had unprotexted sex. he pulled out and came, but then stuck his penis back in. he normally pre-cums alot and and cums alot. i`m worried he may have came inside me a little before pulling out and possibly a little more when he re-entered. i`m just wondering if it`s possible that i could be pregnant?

Replies:
Subject: don't know

Author:
Angel (puzzeld)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:35:49 12/14/06 Thu

I have been having periods that are not normal I have a 4 year old and even before her they sill were not normal now I'll have a period for about 2 weeks and I'll wait a few days and then me and my husband will have unprotected sex and I'll start bleeding again except it is a brownish color and enough to use a light day maxey we have been haveing unprtected sex for 4 year when our little girl turned 2 and we do want another child . I don't know what am i doing wrong or what is my body doing wrong.

Replies:
Subject: am i pregnant?

Author:
Nicole (unsure)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:25:23 12/12/06 Tue

ok well last week me and my bf had sex unprotected. and i had my period today. it is 6 days early. could that mean that im pregnate? its a normal peirod feeling and bleeding. should i be worried?

Replies:
Subject: Possibly pregnant?

Author:
Michele (confused)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:37:45 12/12/06 Tue

Me and my boyfriend have been having unprotected sex for about 2 months now and i kno he has cummed inside of me, i was supossed to start my period Nov 28 and still no period but i went to the bathroom and there was a light pink discharge on the toilet paper i do kno for sure i have a yeast infection and i was wondering if that could cause me to not have my period i took a hpt and it came out negitave i do have cramps and stomach pains as if i am going to get my period but i never do i also am haveing very bad headaches and food really hurts my stomach latley any advice on what could be going on?

Replies:
Subject: Pregnant?? Im Confused

Author:
Whitney
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:57:42 12/07/06 Thu

I have been having sex with my boyfriend using the withdrawl method. I just finished my period on the 29th November 2006 and i took the moring after pill on the 2nd of december. We have continued having unprotected sex but i got my period or atleast i think it is yesterday which is the 8th of december. Is this from the morning after pill or is it my period and could I get pregnant still, because my period shouldnt come until the 24th december. Also could i still get pregnant from the the times having unprotected sex after taking the morning after pill even though i got this irregular period yeterday, even though my period just finished over a week ago?

Replies:
Subject: Am I pregnant??

Author:
Heather
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:29:27 12/11/06 Mon

~Am I pregnant??~

A lot of ladies here have questions about if they are pregnant or not. I can completely understand as I have been there too many times! My mind would totally obsess about it for days or weeks, wanting to know NOW if I was pregnant or not. Sometimes I would even worry myself to cause me to skip my period. I wish this site could be the ultimate answer to the question “Am I pregnant or not, what do you think?” but it can’t. No matter the amount or lack of symptoms you have we cannot diagnose a pregnancy. Take a pregnancy test or call you doctor for one. You can get a free pregnancy test at pregnancy centers

Is it worth all the stress that comes with the “am I pregnant” question to continue having sex? Some ladies here haven’t even graduated high school and could be pregnant. If you’re not pregnant this month, what about next month? What about STDs? It’s a very real thing out there and they are not fun. They also last a lifetime. A night of pleasure to ruin your whole life is not worth it. I encourage you to look to the future; you have a long life ahead of you. You might be sick of hearing it, but please wait until marriage to have sex. It is really worth the wait!!

Heather
Subject: no birth control, unprotected sex, had period and now bleeding AFTER! Please help! #2

Author:
jackie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:56:30 12/07/06 Thu

well i still was bleeding for 2 more VERY LONG DAYS, and so i called a doctor at planned parenthood and they said that i was having a miscarrige. so i got scared and i went to PPH and took a test, it came out negative. but they said since i was bleeding for so long i could of passed the fetus already. i was having VERY bad pains on my right side of my lower abdomen. so after PPH i went to the ER. they pain got worse and i was waiting for about 3 hours, so i said screw it and went home. 1 day later i stopped my period or w/e it was. i still have some of the pain, headaches and nausa, and BAD CRAVINGS! now my fiance and i have been hauving alot of unprotected sex. so could i still be pregnaunt or do you think i had a miscarrige?? thank you

Replies:
Subject: i feel sick

Author:
Rochelle
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:20:45 12/08/06 Fri

i had a miscarry but i dint hav an d&c they said i was find my body was good thats was only lik 4 weeks ago now i feel sick agin can i be pregant?

Replies:
Subject: i'm worried

Author:
mandy (sad)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:06:01 12/04/06 Mon

i took the depo shot and found out that i'm pregnant. would the shot affect my baby

Replies:
Subject: Possibly?

Author:
Maya (biological clock calling)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:38:56 12/04/06 Mon

I was on the pill for the past 4 months and stopped taking it on November. I got my period on the 11th and have had unprotected sex with him pulling out each time. I know about the possibility of pregancy from pre-ejaculation. I already have a 6yr.old child. My question is if there is a possibility of getting pregnant if I did have sex around my ovulation days(pull-out). I feel when i am ovulating(only when not on b/c) and felt the pain and the desire for sex from the 25 to the 28. How high is the possibility of getting pregnant after getting off YAZ. Does that depend on my hormones and my body? I had been on the patch last year and got off the patch in March and wasn't on anything until august(he was out of country). When i got pregnant with my first child, I had just gotten off the pill too. So I am wondering how high is the possiblity? I am over 30 now and not sure of how easy it is to get pregnant. I read I can take a test on the 9th of december, but not sure. How soon can I test?

Replies:
Subject: no birth control, unprotected sex, had period and now bleeding AFTER! Please help!

Author:
Jackie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:03:14 12/05/06 Tue

Help!i havent been on birth control for 8 months (othra vera "Patch"!!.Ive been with my boyfriend the whole time. he has 2 kids (6,4) and he is 25 and i am 18. ive been wanting to become pregnaunt for 6 months and we have alot of sex, unprotected and he cums inside me most of the time. i just had my period that lasted 7 days and moderate and normally my period is 3-4 days light moderate and very regular. then 1 1/2 weeks later i started again. its heavy, i dont feel good, cramps, nausa, and very tired. Its been 4 LONG days, and still going. Can't sleep and barly eat! i have had alot of prego scares within the last 3 months but same constant period, so i have givin up about thinkin about it.Now this is all happening!!!! Any suggestons on if i could be pregnaunt?? Or if i should go to planned parenthood for a test and maybe a pap if im not prego?? PLEASE HELP AND PLEASE RESPONDE!!!!

Replies:
Subject: confused

Author:
Christina (confused and sad)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:19:34 12/03/06 Sun

hi well i useally have my period on da 31 of every month but this month was differant i was late .. and yesterday me and my bf had unprotected sex and he came in me and im scare .. but today i have a very watery light bleeding its a very light pink-ish brown it only comes when i go to the bathroom .. i have back pain n i drink alot of water and soda lately which i dont useally do can i still be pregnate? please help

Replies:
Subject: what are signs of pregnancy

Author:
Tiffany
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:27:35 11/08/06 Wed

MY PERIOD CAME ON,ON THE 7TH OF OCTOBER AND IT IS NOW NOVEMBER THE 7TH MY BOYFRIEND HAS COME IN ME ABOUT 4 TIMES SINCE LAST MONTH AND MY PERIOD HASNT CAME ON.I BEEN HAVING PAIN IN MY STOMACH ON AND OFF AM I PREGNANT?

Replies:
Subject: He's the father why won't he believe me

Author:
Melissa A (excited but scared to be a single mother)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:26:17 11/20/06 Mon

I'm 22 and I found out last week that I'm 7 weeks pregnant with twins. I was very excited to find out because 3 years ago in dec. my daughter was stillborn.My husband and I had been trying every since to get pregnant.My husband has been in New York City for the past five months.But on Oct.2nd 06 I went out there and on Oct. 12th he came home for a day.According to the doctors my due date in July 5th 07.Meaning that I got pregnant on the 12th of Oct.I thought my husband would be excited seeing how we've been trying so long.But when I told him he said that ours babies aren't his.But that's not a possiblity because since we got together 41/2 years ago he is the only man I've slept with.He wants me to do a dna test while the babies are still in my stomach.I've heard thaat that could hurt the babies.I'm scared that my body cant handle all this stress.So should I just let him leave me or prove to him that he is the father?Any advice would be highly appreciated Thank you.

Replies:
Subject: help! miss period

Author:
sally
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:52:52 11/09/06 Thu

hi, i got my period october 8th, now its november 9th and i have not got my period yet, me and my boyfriend have had unprocted sex throughout the month, i took a pregency test a week before i was sppouse to get my period but it came out negative. but now my period is late? on tuesday November7th, i went to the bathroom and there was a little bit of blood when i wiped so i thought my period was coming, but then it never came?...so now i dont know if its too early to take a home pregency test? please help
thanks

Replies:
Subject: i could use some help please...

Author:
Dale (worried)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:11:40 11/28/06 Tue

hi, im a 19 year old male and i had sex for the first time with my 19 year old girlfriend. i need a little help, because it was my first time im a little nervious about her getting pregnent, but ill list some things so you can get a better idea of whats happening.

she had her period on the 9th of november and she is expecting her next period to be on the 13th od december. that means we missed her most likley time (according to the calculator on this site) by about 3-4 days.

we had sex on the 24th od november, but we used protection. she isnt on any birth controll, but the condome did not break (good news). i also pulled away from her before i ended up ejaculating about 10 seconds later.

im just really nervious that she could be pregnent even though everything *seemed* to have gone right. i just want to know what you guys think her chances are of getting pregnant if i used a condome that didnt breaks, and pulled away. i also would like to know if she would have any signs of being pregenant only being about 3 days after sex.

thanks so much for anyone that helps me. im hopping that im just freaking out because im a worrier (prolly should have had sex then) and it was my 1st time.

Replies:
Subject: is it me or...

Author:
sarie, 18 (troubled)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:00:04 11/08/06 Wed

my period came on oct 4th and ended at around the 10th. i had sex for the first time with my boyfriend on the 18th which is the 15th day of my cycle. he used a condom and we are sure there wasnt any tears or leaks on the condom. penetration didnt occur before he put on the condom either. so if there was pre-cum we were sure that it didnt enter me. after that we had sex for the second time, also very protected, on the 31st of oct which is the 28th day of my cycle. my cycle normally lasts for 30-35 days and sometimes it's late for 2-3 days. once, it was even late for 10 days.

now i'm only 5 days late but i'm feeling paranoid and nervous. i haven't had spotting for anything like that. no breast tenderness, and i dont think have any pregnancy symptoms. but sometimes i have slight cramps for awhile, just like when i have my period but its very light and faint. is it a sign of pregnancy or is it just me and my paranoia? thanks for any help! i think all these thinking's driving me mad.

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 12[3]45 ]

Back to the Abortion Alternatives Main Site

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.