VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5 ]

Unplanned Pregnancy Discussions

Option Line Logo

IMPORTANT NOTICE WHEN POSTING

AFTER YOU SEND YOUR POST IN, A MESSAGE WILL APPEAR THAT SAYS "This message is not approved for display." THAT MESSAGE JUST MEANS THAT THERE WILL BE A DELAY UNTIL ONE OF THE MODERATORS CAN APPROVE YOUR POST. Thanks for your understanding.

This board is for women who are experiencing an unplanned pregnancy, and don't know if they want to keep the pregnancy going. You can post your feelings and concerns and fears. Women normally will receive responses from people with both views, prochoice OR prolife. Please understand that by posting here, you will receive a lot of different advice and ideas - these are other people's views and feelings, use them as information as you decide what is the best answer for you and your life. It helps to know all sides of the story when trying to make a difficult decision.

For people responding to women who are pregnant, please remember to be sensitive and caring, and do not get into arguments with other posters about their views. Posters who post critical remarks about other posters, their messages, or the help agencies they recommend, or try to provoke debate will have their posts deleted. Public criticism of posts will not be acknowledged. Criticism of the board leader or helpers creates an atmosphere of debate and contentiousness that causes insecurity in women seeking help and so will be deleted. Offending posts will be deleted at the sole discretion of the board moderator. The moderator may not be able to approve posts recommending medical actions, for liability reasons. The participants are not qualified to diagnose pregnancy, and in any case, no one can diagnose pregnancy through a discussion board. Nor can posts that solicit for adoption be approved; the moderators are in no position to screen potential adoptive parents.

This board is not for debate. If you want to debate, please go to this board Prolife Debate or this one Abortion Debate

Using the above debate boards is at your discretion--The moderator is not responsible for content. For any questions about this board, or to report inappropriate posts, email Diane Cheryl DCHERYL51@yahoo.com or CHERYL51@mail.com

Be one of the founding members of a newly- formed group to ask questions and find answers about abortion and other alternatives. Join at TeenChoice or Join this forum at Abortion and Alternatives

If you want to chat with someone, and there is no one in the chat room when you are online, please post a note on the board, telling people when you can be there, or email Carieichel@aol.com to arrange a time to meet and chat.

If you want to sign up for the Unplanned Pregnancy Help email list, please go to this site: Unplanned Pregnancy Help Email list

Post Abortion Healing Support Board

Option Line Logo

Help for Unwanted or Unplanned Pregnancies

Subject: Am I pregnant?

Author:
Ashley (worried)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:15:41 10/21/06 Sat

I think i'm preganant because its been three months and i havent had my period. yes i did have sex....how can i tell if im pregenant without taking the test thing. im only 14! and idk wut to do because i cant tell my parents and i dont want them to know that i am not a virgin anymore. and i dont wanna be pregnant. so how can i take a test without them knowing?

Replies:
Subject: help please =)

Author:
gloria (worried)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:28:04 10/31/06 Tue

hi. i'm 16 and i need some advice. so far i've had sex with my boyfriend twice. the first time he used a condom i didnt feel any pain and for the next few days nothing much happened so we were relieved.just yesterday we had protected sex with a condom again and it wasnt painful too. but just this morning i experienced frequent urination. the feeling just comes around 30 mins after a bathroom visit. so far i've been to the toilet thrice since this morning. the first time i felt a burning sensation when i urine. but the next few times it went away. what is happening?

and, my boyfriend and i talked about pre marital sex yesterday and we got worried about the circumstances so he suggested that next time we have sex he'd pull out before he come. is that a safer and will it reduce chances of pregnancy?

Replies:
Subject: a little worried

Author:
donna
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:35:59 11/06/06 Mon

i have a question about having a period and being pregnant..i have my cycle every 26 days..and my periods last about 6 to 7 days..always! the past three months my periods have been shorter..the first motnh i went from heavy bleeding to just completlety stopping in a matter of 4 days..the second month i had my period two days...and this month my period started 2 days late ..its pretty normal ..ive had alot of signs of pregnancy ..me and my boyfriend noticed that my stomach has gotten really big in a matter of a couple days..so basically my question is can you still have a close to normal period and be pregnant?

Replies:
Subject: i don't know if i'm pregnant

Author:
Lourey (confused)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:10:26 11/06/06 Mon

well like 1 month and a half ago i had sex with my bf and we didnt use protection and he thinks he didnt cum in me. ive been taking pregnancy tests i took 3 and it both came out that im not preganant
but during that month i been drinking alot of alchol, i smoked weed like 3 times and did cocaine once.
i havent got my period since like 2 months ago
ive been getting really hungry and i dont eat alot but now im eating like crazy
help i dont know if im pregnant?

Replies:
Subject: CHIP Program Will Help Pregnant Women

Author:
Kris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:30:30 11/07/06 Tue

Texas CHIP Program Will Help Pregnant Women Avoid Abortions
Austin, TX (LifeNews.com) -- The state of Texas will soon join a handful of others in implementing a new program the Bush administration established allowing Medicaid funds to be used to help pregnant women and their unborn children. The program could help poor women that may consider abortions because of financial reasons. In 2002, President Bush unveiled a new administration policy allowing unborn children to be covered under the federal-state CHIP program that provides health insurance coverage for children in poor families. Several states have taken up the federal government on the offer and Texas is the latest. Linda Hook, the nurse program manager at the Metropolitan Health District in San Antonio says the state block grant that funds maternal and child health services for pregnant women frequently runs out. She is glad to see the state take advantage of the federal government's expanded CHIP program, as state lawmakers voted to have Texas participate. "This will definitely bring down some barriers," Hook told the San Antonio Express newspaper. "We know having a healthy baby pays off for everyone."

Author:
Alisha
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:39:08 11/01/06 Wed

I am 18 years old and i have not had my period this whole month.I had cramps when i was supposed to start my period but it never did.I have alot of discharge I am very tired my breasts hurt pretty bad.But now i have light cramps and some lower back pain.I took 2 pregnancy tests they came out negative could i still be pregnant?

Replies:
Subject: Common signs/symptoms of STIs

Author:
Kris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:47:35 11/02/06 Thu

Common signs/symptoms of STIs

-Itching around the vagina and/or discharge from the vagina for women
-Discharge from the penis for men
-Pain during sex, when urinating and/or in the pelvic area
-Sore throats in people who have oral sex
-Pain in the anus for people who have anal sex
-Chancre sores (painless red sores) on the genital area, anus, tongue and/or throat
-A scaly rash on the palms of your hands and the soles of your feet
-Dark urine, loose, light-colored stools, and yellow eyes and skin
-Small blisters that turn into scabs on the genital area
-Swollen glands, fever and body aches
-Unusual infections, unexplained fatigue, night sweats and weight loss
-Soft, flesh-colored warts around the genital area
Subject: what to know if I am pregnant

Author:
Stacey (I need to find out urgent we broke up)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:09:37 10/31/06 Tue

i need help because i thought it wa safe for him to break in me but he did it about three times.because i got my periods on saturday 23 of sep
early to take a pregnancy test
stacey

Replies:
Subject: Pregnant?

Author:
Jade
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:54:55 10/27/06 Fri

Hi I was on the cerrazette pill and one mornig i threw up and forgot to take another tablet. about 5 days later i stoped taking my pill incase i was pregnant about 8 days after i threw up i had very light bleeding for 2 days ( the pill stoped my period since i strarted taking them 9 months ag)o since i stopped taking my pill i have had unprottected sex with my boyfriend a few times my boobs have been sore at times and they look darker round my nipples and also i can see blue vains i have had 4 hpt's in the space of a week each one came up negative although one did have a very faint line on it the next day i used the reveal pregnancy tests it says 99% accurate but i still got a feeling im pregnant do you think it is too early to take a test or i should get a more expensive one i dont know wat to do?

Replies:
Subject: Top Ten Signs You are Pregnant

Author:
Kris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:37:22 10/27/06 Fri

10. Tender, swollen breasts
9. Fatigue
8. Implantation bleeding
7. Nausea or vomiting
6. Increased sensitivity to odors
5. Food aversions
4. Frequent urination
3. A missed period
2. Your basal body temperature stays high
1. The proof: A positive home pregnancy test
Subject: Possible Pregnancy

Author:
Dina
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:49:36 10/22/06 Sun

Hello!
I am really worried... A week ago my BF and me had sex. At the very last moment when he was about to come, his penis falled out and then he came. However, when I checked the condom it leaked...
Today is the third day of the delay of my menstruation. Last couple of month I also experienced delays of about 3 days, but then my periods have come each time, so there was no problem. But now am so much worried that I might be pregnant...
Please, tell me what you think!

Replies:
Subject: am i pregnaunt?

Author:
Justine
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:04:43 10/17/06 Tue

is it possible to be pregnaunt and still have your period?.. like before i was always had a very heavy flow, now it is very light, more like spotting.. is it possible that i am pregnaunt?..

Replies:
Subject: Could there be a baby?

Author:
Amber (hopeful)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:23:43 10/19/06 Thu

My husband ejaculated inside me 2 maybe 3 times. Could I be pregnant? I've been pregnant before but they weren't planned and this one is.

Replies:
Subject: if i could be?

Author:
lisa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:45:56 10/14/06 Sat

well,me and my boyfriend had sex on oct.6 when he came home the army we use a condom but on the second time he took it off..but he pulled out but i havent had my period yet and im worried if he pulled out on time or what???

Replies:
Subject: can i be pregnant

Author:
kimberly (happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:34:23 10/14/06 Sat

hi i had sex with my boyfriend a day before i ovulate and he cum in me, now am wondering if i am pregnant.my breast use to be tender from the day of ovulation until my next period but now they are not and its seven days past ovulation, now i am starting to feel some tenderness in them,can i be pregnant.

Replies:
Subject: have my period but bad metal taste in mouth

Author:
Amy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:01:46 11/24/05 Thu

My last period was on October 24th. I have a very regular 28 day cycle. The first day of my period starts out with a few hours of breakthrought bleeding (brown) then continues veryheavy for two days (dark red almost purple) then on the last day is light then goes to brown. I had unprotected sex twice with my boyfriend on november 5th using the withdrawal method. A week later i experienced a very bad cold with a sore throat lasting about a week and a half. Starting around that time i felt very tired and weak. I would nap a least twice a day for a few hours. When my cold subsided i began to notice a distinct metallic taste in my mouth , almost like i was sucking on pennies. My period was due november 21st. Normally before my period i have EXTREME PMS i almost always have a headache and sore breasts. The only symptom i had was fatigue...no sore breasts or headache. Two weeks before my period i experienced some cramping and pains on the left side of my abdomen (just below my ribcage). I also had bad chest pains (no in my breast) my mother said it was heartburn...i've never had heartburn before in my life and was not eating anything i dont normally eat. I also had less of an appetite. Nov 21st and i didnt get my period, but had bad cramps. Nov 22nd i woke up and noticed a small (about the size of a jellybean) spot on dried blood on my underwear. No period came that day and the small amount of spotting was not normal for me. Yesterday, i began bleeding late in the afternoon like a regular period but my periods usually come in the morning. The period was light as my normal period usually is the first day but cramps seemed more severe. Today the bleeding was about the same ,whereas my normal period is very very heavy and dark. I also feel bad cramps and quick sharp pains on my left side. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. I still have the metal taste in my mouth that will not go away ,which leads me to beleive i still may be pregnant but having a period. by the way my boobs are not sore. Could someone please give me some input. Does it sound like i am pregnant? I've never experienced this metal taste.

Replies:
Subject: pregnancy tests..

Author:
Ashley (stressed!)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:17:18 09/30/06 Sat

HI! My name is Ashley and i am 19 years old. my boyfriend and i have been together for quite some time now. we have been having unprotected sex well, since we started sleeping together. i am/was on the pill, i think i might of taken 4 pills total out of that last package, so i wouldnt really consider me being on it! Anyway. when we had sex one night he cummed inside of me, but it was the very last day of my period, and i was barely bleeding at all. after that, i was done bleeding. about 2 weeks (give or take a few days) after that, i was sort of "spotting" . it was like a period, but it wasn't. i put on a pad and there were a few drops and that was it. that lasted for about 2-3 days. now, my period is about 4 days late. i took 3 pregnancy tests (e.p.t & first response) the first response ones both came back negative, but said if results were negative that the line would disappear after 10 minutes. well 48 hours later, they were still visible. is there anything i should know/do? thank you :)

Replies:

Author:
Lynn
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:10:35 10/03/06 Tue

Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex on september 24, he said he pulled out, but i heard that you can still get pregnant from the pre-cum..is that true?.. if so what are the chances that i am pregnant?

Replies:
Subject: Stress and Emotions

Author:
Melissa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:59:32 10/02/06 Mon

When i told my boyfriend i was pregnant he said he would never leave me. He does have another son who just turned 4 on the 28th. We have had our ups and downs but i didnt think much of it. Iam 10 weeks and due in late April of 2007. I dont feel up to much and just brushed him off to the side. I talked to him on saturday he said he was going to IL for the weekend to see his mom, but he was waiting for a call back..he said once he got a call from her he would call to let me know whats up.. i didnt get a call so on sunday i called his dads house. His dad said that he packed all his stuff and left on saturday. I sent him at least 7 msg on myspace and he has read 1.. i was worried at first but know i know he is just trying to get away from me.. once i found this out today i have been crying and cant stop it.. i calmd down for a lil bit but still cant get over how he did me so wrong.. now i feel like iam going to be an single mother.. should i start to think about an adoption? or idk.. too much stress for me to deal with and i feel so lonly, traped, lost, worried and cant find a bright side to anything. should i just let him be and wait untill he comes back to me? or should i start to take action because i can only change and help myself?

Replies:
Subject: Stress and Emotions

Author:
Melissa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:53:33 10/02/06 Mon

When i told my boyfriend i was pregnant he said he would never leave me. He does have another son who just turned 4 on the 28th. We have had our ups and downs but i didnt think much of it. Iam 10 weeks and due in late April of 2007. I dont feel up to much and just brushed him off to the side. I talked to him on saturday he said he was going to IL for the weekend to see his mom, but he was waiting for a call back..he said once he got a call from her he would call to let me know whats up.. i didnt get a call so on sunday i called his dads house. His dad said that he packed all his stuff and left on saturday. I sent him at least 7 msg on myspace and he has read 1.. i was worried at first but know i know he is just trying to get away from me.. once i found this out today i have been crying and cant stop it.. i calmd down for a lil bit but still cant get over how he did me so wrong.. now i feel like iam going to be an single mother.. should i start to think about an adoption? or idk.. too much stress for me to deal with and i feel so lonly, traped, lost, worried and cant find a bright side to anything. should i just let him be and wait untill he comes back to me? or should i start to take action because i can only change and help myself?
Subject: Horrified!!!

Author:
Ally
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:11:16 10/01/06 Sun

I'm 15 yrs old and me & my boyfriend kinda had sex .The reason i said kinda is because he only stuck in in once for about 10 secs. Then I told him to back off ...it took him awhile but he did. I know he didn't cum . but I worried about pre-cum . Having a baby is just not an option for me ! And I dumped my boyfriend. I don't have any real signs of pregnancy & my period isn't due for another 2 days . But I really scared.

Replies:
Subject: dont know if im pregnant

Author:
Dominsha
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:45:56 09/30/06 Sat

I had sex with my boyfriend other my period and then 3 days later i started to pee blood and it would hurt please someone tell me if im pregnant.

Replies:
Subject: Confused!

Author:
shea (scared)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:52:18 09/28/06 Thu

Well, okay. I had unprotected sex on.. Monday, August 21st. There was a lot of alcohol involved and I don't even know if he came in me or not. I took the morning after pill 2 days after that had happened. I also started birth control pills a couple days after this had happened. After I finished a pack of birth control pills, I got a 7 day period. It felt normal, I got cramps, and everything. I have had the nauseous feeling a little bit, but I don't know if it's from the birth control pills or if I could be pregnant? I read up on the side effects of birth control and one of them is nausea, and my nurse told me that too, that gave me the pills. I don't know if I should be worried about being pregnant or if I'm just making myself sick just worrying about it!? Help please! Advice? Can I even be pregnant if I got my period for 7 days?

Replies:
Subject: the patch can be dangerous

Author:
Kris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:36:44 09/28/06 Thu

Medscape Alerts
Ortho Evra Patch Linked to Risk for Venous Thromboembolism

Yael Waknine

September 21, 2006 The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceutical (a Johnson & Johnson company) have notified healthcare professionals regarding changes to the safety labeling for a weekly norelgestromin/ethinyl estradiol transdermal system (Ortho Evra).

The label has been updated to reflect new data from 2 US epidemiologic studies that evaluated the relative risk for developing nonfatal venous thromboembolism (VTE) in women using the contraceptive patch vs oral contraceptives containing 35 g of ethinyl estradiol, according to an alert sent yesterday from MedWatch, the FDA's safety information and adverse event reporting program. Both studies were conducted using electronic healthcare claims data, and the second study also included patient chart reviews.

Although findings from the first study revealed no significant difference in VTE risk for patch users compared with those taking oral contraceptives containing 35 g of ethinyl estradiol (odds ratio [OR] = 0.9; 95% confidence interval [CI], 0.5 - 1.6), the second study linked the patch to more than double the risk for the event (OR = 2.4; 95% CI, 1.1 - 5.5).

The FDA notes that the latter finding supports the agency's concerns regarding the risk for VTE in women using the contraceptive patch.

Healthcare professionals are advised to balance the higher estrogen exposure and the possible increased risk of VTE against the chance of pregnancy if the patch is not used; contraceptive options other than the patch should be considered for women with risk factors for thromboembolic disease.

Adverse events related to use of the norelgestromin/ethinyl estradiol contraceptive patch should be reported to the FDA's MedWatch reporting program by phone at 1-800-FDA-1088, by fax at 1-800-FDA-0178, online at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch, or by mail to 5600 Fishers Lane, Rockville, MD 20852-9787.
Subject: so scared

Author:
Kristen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:01:51 09/21/06 Thu

Ok so me and my boyfriend have had sex twice. The first time we used protection and everything and I got my period a few days later. The second time we did the same with the protection and everything and we were safe, except now I have frequent urination and burning. My period is suppose to come in October so I'm not sure what's going on. I'm really scared I could really use some help

Replies:
Subject: can i get pregnant on the patch

Author:
nija
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:21:07 09/26/06 Tue

i just started the patch this month. its my first month. my patch riped in the middle but its still on. and my boyfriend and i have not used condoms is there a chance i can get pregnant?

Replies:
Subject: Taking the pill and bled after a week

Author:
Erika (scared)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:28:04 09/26/06 Tue

My boyfriend and I have been fighting for the past 2 months about him smoking pot. Well we kind of made up about 2 weeks ago and I started taking my pills the morning after we had sex.(note: I've been on birth control for 2.5 years)Well, a week into my pills, I started to bleed but for only one day. I talked to my mom and she said it was just stress but not sure. Could I be pregnant? and Is it safe to keep taking my birth control?
Sincerely,
Erika

Replies:
Subject: Need advice

Author:
Keshia
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:08:19 09/26/06 Tue

Okay....... I had sex with a condom and he came when he got up I layed down and then he leaned over me and said the head of the condom is gone..... Which means he came inside of me. I want to know how soon afterwards can i know if I am pregnant? I also have irregular cycles and I am not on birth control. I also want to know which home pregnancy test should i take to find out?

Replies:
Subject: Re: Question

Author:
Carol (worried)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:42:59 09/19/06 Tue

Well im a 17 year old girl who had sex for the first time and didnt use a condom and i am worried that i am pregnant..... i started my period 3 days later though! What should i do?

Replies:
Subject: Re:Wondering

Author:
Nikki (worried)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:19:24 09/25/06 Mon

Hi, I had unprotected sex 3 days after my period and he went inside of me. I didn't think you could get pregnant right after your period ended, now im worried. Is it possible to get pregnant 3 days after your period?

Replies:
Subject: pregnancy

Author:
jackie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:39:23 09/24/06 Sun

ok so my period is supposed to be coming up in a few days and i recently had unprotected sex with my ex-boyfriend. and i was just wondering how fast can i get pregnant? does it happen instantly after sex or does it take days or weeks? also if i do get my period in the next few days can i still get pregnant after my period ends?

Replies:
Subject: AM I PREGNANT

Author:
Nicole
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:07:48 09/21/06 Thu

HI I AM A WEEK OR 2 LATE AND I TOOK 2 PREGNACY TEST FROM WALGREENS AND THEY WHERE BOTH NEGITIVE,I TOOK THEM IN THE AFTERNOON..IM HARDLY EVER LATE ESEPCIALLY 1 TO 2 WEEKS LATE..ID LOVE TO BE PREGNANT,IT WOULD BE OUR SECOND CHILD..AM I PREGNANT OR JUST STRESSED OUT?OH IVE ALWAYS HAD PERFECT PERIODS..BUT LATELY THEY HAVE BEEN A LITTLE WACKY..

Replies:
Subject: Common Signs of Sexually Transmitted Infections

Author:
Kris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:02:02 09/20/06 Wed

-Chancre sores (painless red sores) on the genital area, anus, tongue and/or throat
Subject: Top ten signs your pregnant

Author:
Kris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:57:44 09/20/06 Wed

9. Fatigue
8. Implantation bleeding
7. Nausea or vomiting
5. Food aversions
4. Frequent urination
3. A missed period
Subject: Does this

Author:
Brittany (scared)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:31:45 09/20/06 Wed

Ok I had sex wit a condom and he comed idk if it broke or not but I been having brown gooey coming out and i have been discharging alot. does this happened when ur pregent?

Replies:
Subject: am i pregnant?

Author:
Shelly (uhh)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:28:54 09/19/06 Tue

well i am one week late on my peiord and my boobs are sore. i squeezed my nipple and a little bit of milky looking fluid came out.. am i pregnant??

Replies:
Subject: Unplanned Pregnancy Discussions

Author:
Melissa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:18:20 09/15/06 Fri

Hi everyone!! well need some advice . . . i just need to know i've been off the patch for about 1 month and 1/2 (and have not been taking anything) if i had sex persay on mon. sept. 11 and my husband ejaculated in me two times and i was due to get my period on sept. 19 am i'm o.k?? i have been pregnant before and know how all the syptoms feel but i've had unprotected sex before he pulls out though. i've been feeling a lil sick and tired. can i be pregnant?? or when does conception happen?? i really want this baby last time i had a miscarriage at 13 weeks :(

Replies:
Subject: Question

Author:
Nichole
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:13:08 09/13/06 Wed

Me and my boyfirend had unprotected sex befor my peroid came and my peroid came can i still get pregnant

Replies:
Subject: Top Ten Signs You May Be Pregnant

Author:
Kris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:50:07 08/25/06 Fri

9. Fatigue
8. Implantation bleeding
7. Nausea or vomiting
5. Food aversions
4. Frequent urination
3. A missed period

Replies:
Subject: Overwhelming Majority of Women Regretted Abortions

Author:
Kris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:05:18 09/13/06 Wed

British Survey Finds Overwhelming Majority of Women Regretted Abortions
by Steven Ertelt
LifeNews.com Editor
September 12, 2006

London, England (LifeNews.com) -- A British pro-life group placed advertisements in six women's magazines there to gather the experiences of women who had abortions and find out their reaction to their decision years down the road. More than 82 percent of the women who responded indicated they deeply regretted their abortion decisions.
Some 248 women replied to the ads sponsored by the group LIFE between April and early July.

Just 26 said they had a few or no regrets about their abortions, including one 74 year-old woman who had three abortions in the 1960s and 70s and another who had aborted twins.

Of that small group of women, they indicated they had no other alternative than the abortion or said it was the "right thing" at that moment in their lives. Still, many said they would not want to do it again. Nine other women said they were undecided about their abortion experiences.

However, 204 of the 248 women said they deeply regretted their abortions.

LIFE asked 96 women in a follow-up survey whether they would have gone through with the abortion had they known the medical and emotional problems abortions can cause. Sixty-four of the women answered no and most very emphatically.

Virtually all of the women said that women considering abortions should be given more information on potential problems. Most said they were only told there would be an inordinate amount of bleeding but were given little or no counseling or information.

The survey found some of the women who had abortions had severe problems afterwards, including 14 who had seriously contemplated or attempted suicide, 15 who had developed alcohol addictions, and three who had severe eating disorders.

Five confessed to abusing drugs, several had emotional breakdowns and another four said they got pregnant again quickly to have "atonement" babies.

LIFE reported that most women reported the kind of post-abortion syndrome issues abortion advocates routinely deny, including anger, shame, guilt, self-hatred, loss of confidence, nightmares, flashbacks, and the pain of anniversaries.

Some of the comments from women who regretted their abortions included: "it completely ruined my life", "I felt crippled, crucified, stupid, insane," "I felt dirty and ashamed," "I'm totally grief-stricken, I want my baby and I feel like a monster," "it was the worst mistake of my life... I cry all the time," "every baby I see I yearn for the one I got rid of."

Most of the women surveyed said they were treated poorly by abortion facility staff.

They talked about being treated "like cattle," "conveyor-belted" and "pushed by bossy nurses."

"They described the bleak atmosphere of waiting rooms and abortion clinics, and how they were often crying when they came round from the anesthetic," LIFE reported.

One woman talked about having an abortion with the mifepristone abortion drug. She discussed how she gave birth to her dead baby at a gas station and flushed the baby's body down the toilet.

Women's abortion regrets did not seem to vary based on how long ago they had the abortion.

A 61-year-old had had her abortion in 1970 and still feels "very guilty and sad"; another 30 years on and [has] never stopped grieving." Some of the women had their abortion less than a year ago and already have strong negative emotional reactions.

Printed from: http://www.lifenews.com/nat2579.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright 2003-2006 LifeNews.com. All rights reserved. For free daily/weekly pro-life news, email us at news@LifeNews.com.
Subject: Is it Possible for me to be pregnant?

Author:
Krystyle (Surprised)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:50:04 09/10/06 Sun

Ok well i have been with my boyfriend for a year hes in the army and when had leave on labor day weekend.i just stopped my period 2 days before we had unprotected sex and he did cum in me.What i want to know is how long does it usally take to get symptoms because in my family usally a week after all the women have had symptoms and found out thier prgnant..so can you tell me if this is possible?

Replies:
Subject: Can I get pregnant

Author:
Ally
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:02:43 09/12/06 Tue

I have been on birth control for about two and a half weeks. I usually take it between three and eight every day, I never worried about it because I havent been sexually active, I just wanted to regulate my cycle.The I was out of town and missed my pills for three days, within those three days I had unprotected intercourse(he didnt pull out)Today I'm bleeding, Im not sure if its my period or from not having my pills for those days. My question is now that Im bleeding am I safe to rule out a pregnancy? Or should I be concerned?

Replies:
Subject: Could I Be Preg.??

Author:
Lacey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:57:54 09/11/06 Mon

so me and my friend had unprotected sex (im not on birth control or anything)about 4 days after my period and weve had unprotected sex almost everyday for about a week straight and now im havin something like my period just no where near as heavie and its around 2 weeks or more till im supposed to get my period im very very regular but im worried somethignswrong. could i be preg?

Replies:
Subject: Full Of questions

Author:
Wanting Answers (Scared)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:57:51 09/05/06 Tue

I am really confused on have a couple questions that hopefully someone can help me with. I have been under a lot of stress. Recently broke up with my boyfriend. I stopped taking my pills about a month and a half ago. We have had sex since then. I am not exactly sure when my last period was. I think I started spotting around 8/14 and had a very light period on the 17th and 18th. When can I consider my period started. I guess I am just scared of the possibility of being pregnant. I don't know when I should take a test. I have been feeling nauseous but I think that might be cause I haven't taken my depression medication in a couple days. I just more or less want to find out when I should be worried about my period not coming. Is is possible I could get pregnant so soon after stopping my pill? I don't know what my regular cycle is since I have been on the pill so long.

Replies:
Subject: Group for long term support and help

Author:
Diane Cheryl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:14:36 09/06/06 Wed

Hi everyone! If you want to join a group to talk more and get longer term support, please go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/unplanned_pregnancy_help/
or if you're 12-20 you can go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pregnant_teen_support/

See ya there!

Diane Cheryl
Subject: Scared to death

Author:
Lost (scared)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:11:35 09/05/06 Tue

Ok I had sex wit a condom and he comed idk if it broke or not but I been having brown gooey coming out and i have been discharging alot. does this happened when ur pregent?

Replies:
Subject: Pregnant?

Author:
Amy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:22:27 09/05/06 Tue

I am 27 years old and have been on birht control pill for last 2 years since the birth of my son. My last period was August 16th. I was sexually active on my most fertile dates from what i can tell August 28th and 30th. Here is my big concern i have been on 1500 mg of amoxicillian from August 24th till Sept 4th. For the last two days i have just been felling nautious and i jsut have that pregnancy feeling if that make since. IS this a good possiblility or am i just being overly paranoid. I havent missed my cycle yet it is due the 13th of this month.

Replies:
Subject: low semen?

Author:
Sara ((worried))
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:13:40 09/01/06 Fri

Me & my boyfriend have sex. unprotected sex i just started birth control a month ago though.. he doesnt cum in me but i've heard that you can get pregent from pre cum. Is is true though if you and your boyfriend have sex alot that his semen is less than normal?

Replies:
Subject: i need help

Author:
Shayla (help)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:08:34 08/31/06 Thu

i was on my period when my boyfriend cam inside me can i get pregnant.and on the last day of my period he cam inside me agian can i be pregnant

Replies:
Subject: Depo

Author:
G
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:23:29 08/30/06 Wed

Hi-

I got my first injection of Depo Provera in July, and since then have had sex once, but pulling out before ejaculation. It's hard to tell because a lot of the symptoms from the Depo (spotting, nausia, headaches, missed periods) are also pregnancy signs. I would imagine it would be pretty rare since Depo is fairly effective protecting against pregnancy, but just wondered what you think?

Replies:
Subject: im freaking out people

Author:
jess (stressed)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:59:27 08/30/06 Wed

Ok, so i was seeing this guy since August 12, 2006, and things were going fine. I never used a condom with him -bad i know- but whatever. thats not the issue now.
i havent gotten my period this month yet and today is the 31st.
ive already taken 3 pregnancy tests and they all came back negative.
i took the first one on the 24th. then the second on the 27th, and then on the 29th.
im supposed to get my period on the 19th. and i have been stressing alot. and by alot, i mean a whole lot.
i dont have any symptoms of being pregnant.
but whats going on with me if im not getting it and not pregnant?

anyone?

Replies:

Author:
Bella (sad)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:25:30 08/29/06 Tue

my last period i had was on aug 3....im suppose to have my period period on tha 31 of august, but im spotting and cramping. my boyfriend and i had unprotected sex on the 25 of august. im 16 and im scared. could i be pregnant?

Replies:
Subject: Can I Be Pregnant

Author:
Missy (help me please!!!)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:59:07 08/26/06 Sat

My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex August 16, 2006. The problem is we did it like 5 or 6 times in that same day. He pulled out in time though, but I'm just curious cause I think maybe some semen might have got in me. It's been 2 weeks now and my stomach is soft at times but it seems 2 be getting hard 2, but then again I eat and lay down without doing exercise. Could I be pregnant or just getting fat?

Replies:
Subject: am i pregnant or not?

Author:
Sue (scurred)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:54:22 08/25/06 Fri

hello..ive been having sex since last november with the same partner. there were a couple of times when we had sex without protrction. i had three pregnancy tests that same month that we had sex. but now i realized that i cant live with out eating. im always eating and my stomach is getting big. i get the butterflies at times and i can feel somthing close to twitching in my stomach. i have also noticed that veins are surroudning my breasts and ive been having my period and hardcore discharge. can anyone tell me if im pregnant or not? thanks..
sue

Replies:
Subject: STD's STI's - whatever - they're all BAD

Author:
Kris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:45:50 08/25/06 Fri

Seeing as I've listed the top ten signs of pregnancy, it seemed a good idea to also list top signs of STD's. These aren't the ONLY signs - just some of the more common ones. Herpes and genital warts are more common than ever and have NO CURE. Most men can have the genital warts and not know it. It has been shown that the HPV (the virus that causes the warts) also causes cervical cancer in women.

http://familydoctor.org/165.xml
Subject: PLEASE HELP

Author:
UNKNOWN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:45:32 08/24/06 Thu

PLEASE HELP!
I had unprotected sex and a week later was that time of month and I got my period like the usual, but now this moth which is the following due period, is kinda strange I'm not bleeding at all the only thing is a bit of clearish with some brown (you know the kind of brown you get in your periods sometimes but lighter in colour)and it's only present when I clean myself....PLEASE HELP what's going on is this normal???? Can I be pregnant or something even though I did get my period after the last time we had unprotected sex?? did he give me something?? OMG I'm freaking out please someone help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies:
Subject: I need help

Author:
Jessie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:19:23 08/22/06 Tue

My last period was at the end of July. My boyfriend and had unprotected sex on Aug.11,12,13,14 First week afterwards my breast were really tender, and I've had alot of headachs I still have those symptoms, but now I feel dizzy and if I haven't eaten sometimes sick and I have never felt like this before. I did take a preg. test on Aug 18 but it was neg. I just feel so different. What should I do from here could I be pregnant

Replies:
Subject: can you get pregnant on the break from your pill

Author:
Tiffany
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:00:40 08/21/06 Mon

well today is monday.21,2006 and saturday night i forgot 2 take my pill and sunday i forgot 2 take it again and i went to my boyfriend house around 11:30 that night and we had sex around 1:00 or 1:30 then again at 2:30 and i was wondering could i be prgnant now cause i didnt take it for 2 days and had sex monday morning so could i be pregnant?

Replies:
Subject: Could I be pregnant please help?!

Author:
Olivia
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:55:39 08/20/06 Sun

Ok im on the pill but it says to use a condom the first seven days of the pill as back up. well three days into my new pack of pills (august 8)i had unprotected sex with my boyfirend. he was in my vagina and then we did anal. he never came but then we had to go talk to some people. so later that night we did anal and he came. i wiped it all off as it came out but im still kinda woried. He comes all the time and i wipe it all off so it never gets to my vagina but i heard that you can get pregnant from the pre come. i just need to know what my chances are of being pregnant. i would really appreciate your help. thanks olivia

Replies:
Subject: don't know if im pregnant

Author:
Marissa (help)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:41:45 08/20/06 Sun

I have had unprotected sex today and i came off my period yesterday could it be a high risk that i am pregnant?

Replies:
Subject: Why am I not pregnant ??

Author:
CHERYL51@aol.com
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:41:03 08/11/06 Fri

Hi. My name's Liz. I had a son 2 yrs. ago. He was born 2 months prematurely b/c i got sick w/ preeclampsia. i've been on birth control since then ( for 2 yrs.) I stopped taking it in march 2006. my husband and i have been trying to conceive. it's been 5 months now and nothing. i got pregnant once at 14, once at 15, and i had my son at 19. i've never had problems conceiving. i've been having pregnancy symptoms since last month (july). they have been breast tenderness, extreme fatigue, naseau, swollen ankles, one minute i'm hungry the next i'm nauseaus, and smells are making me sick. i also have a strong stomach, but have been throwing up. my period is usually regular. (28 days) i always expect it the last week of the month. in july, it started the 17th and ended the 19th. my period always lasts 4-5 days, and i ususally have some cramping. last month there were no cramps at all, and my period was so light, i hardly knew i had it. this month, my period came on the 9th, and the cramps have been really bad. im not used to having cramps like this. its also in my lower back. could i be pregnant? or is something wrong w/ me? why has it been taking 5 months for me to get pregnant?? thanks for any suggestions.. Liz

Replies:
Subject: = /

Author:
danielle (confused)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:54:23 08/17/06 Thu

okay so me and my boyfriend were making out on aabout the 2nd or 3rd week of my 28 day cycle. my period is always regular. i should get my period sometime this week but its already thursday nite and i dont have it. i have all the symptoms of my period, sore breasts, small cramps, sore body, fatigue, the usual for me, just no period. i have been on medication for a yeast infection and urinary tract infection just this week. but the doctor sent me a letter today saying my urine sample came back normal, watever that means. can those infections and medications delay my period?

Replies:
Subject: could i be pregnat?

Author:
cassie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:42:20 08/11/06 Fri

I am not on any birth control. My last period was end of june, and it lasted for over a week. It is now august 10th and i havent had it again. However my period has never come regular except for when i was on birth control! I've never been pregnat b4. Lastnite i was having intercourse with my new b/f and he has been saying how he wants to ejaculate inside of me and i had told him no cuz i wasnt on birth control yet. Well he ended up doing it anyways. Since my period is already irregular and late how can i know if i'm pregnat!!

Replies:
Subject: Re: Can I get pregnant during my period?

Author:
Natalia
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:33:48 08/02/06 Wed

I had sex with my boyfriend while I was on my period without a condom and were not sure if any sperm got inside me. Can I get pregnant while I'm on my period?

Replies:
Subject: Can I get pregnant during my period?

Author:
Amy (worried)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:16:45 08/06/06 Sun

hi um i had sex on the last day of my period and i was wondering if he pulled out or if he came in me a little bit could i be i pregenate? and if so can i have the sytoms now before i get my next period?

Replies:
Subject: pregnant again

Author:
Courtney
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:26:32 06/27/06 Tue

hi my names courtney ill be 18 in august and i have a 7 month old daughter and 2 days ago i found out im pregnant again i have no idea what to do. Me and my bf cant support another baby and i know i could never give my baby up for adoption i would like to keep the baby but its just not possible and my parents would probably kill me. if anyone has any advice please give me some thank you.

Replies:
Subject: 18 and pregnant????

Author:
kayla
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:34:13 07/14/06 Fri

Im 18 years old, I took a home pregnancy test two days ago and it was positive. I've been using the bathroom, it feels like, nonstop. I have a strange feeling in my stomach, almost like im really full even though I didnt eat. I was hoping that it was a weird false positive situation, but now I cant really deny it. I was nauseaus all day today. I still live with my parents, and I know that I couldn't tell them.. atleast not until im in a sitation to move out on my own. The father was an ex boyfriend, who I dont have a good relationship with. I always thought abortion was a terrible thing but now I feel like its really my only option. Im lost.

Replies:
Subject: first pregnancy

Author:
Jacqueline
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:33:59 07/08/06 Sat

Hi my name is Jacqueline i will be 24 years old on monday ...july 10th. Ive been with my boyfriend for almost a year and i love him very much. I had my last period june 6th and we had sex june 19th and he didnt pull out in time...i was only two days late on my period but i just had a wierd feeling. I took an at home test and it was positive and another one at the clinic that was also pos. Im guessing im about 4 weeks along almost 5 right now but im already sick a lot every smell makes me want to throw up and i already cant fit in my jeans...im thinking twins cus muy mother is a twin. Anyways as body concious as i usually am i just dont care this time about gaining weight. Im so depressed because i know we cant keep it theres no way we could support it and we have no plans of getting married anytime soon. but ive bonded with my stomach and i feel like i need to protect it for the short time it may be there, I cant even bring myself to take a pill for the awful headaches im getting...i know what i have to do but i just even bring myself to say the word...abortion...its so ugly!! Before my boyfriend and i talked about what we would do and i always said i would just have an abortion but now its totally different...TOTALLY different...i feel it and its a very nice feeling...i dont know how to bring myself to kill it. How do i get through this!!!?? My boyfriend doesnt understand he just sees it as having somethig inside me and to go get rid of it and then go on...he doesnt feel what ifeel...I just never thought id be in this situation..has anyone ever gone through this situation??

Replies:
Subject: Am i pregnant

Author:
Summer (Scared)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:31:15 07/24/06 Mon

I am 18 and I have not skipped a period but i think i may be pregnant. Im on the pills and i missed 4 pills in a row and had unprotected sex. I went out of town and left my pill package at home i stayed a week up there wit my boyfriend. Its been 4 dayz sense it happend. Is it to soon to find out? Ive been having headaches and back problems but nothing else. I really need some one to talk to. What do u think?

Replies:
Subject: i had sex during my period-please help me

Author:
Christina (worried)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:15:02 07/31/06 Mon

i had sex on the second day of my period.....im really young and the sex was unprotected....no pill or any contraceptive..ive read alot of things on when you can get pregnant and some said yes on your period and others said no....im very confused and worried.im not ready for this..and another question is when should i take an at home pregnancy test? this happened a few days ago so i am still on my period...plz help me

Replies:
Subject: I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO I DONT KNOW IF I AM PREGNANT

Author:
Becky (WORRIED)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:52:52 08/13/06 Sun

ok so here is the story i am 18 years old and me and this guy have been together for 3 years!! well 2 days ago i had unprotected sex i told him i didnt want to because we didnt have a condom but he told me not to worry and i had sex anyway i dont know what i was thinking!!! well he used the pull out method but i also jacked him off before we had sex and i have already experianced pains in my stomach, hungryness, and fatique!!! am i pregnant???

Replies:

Author:
Holly (worried)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:55:47 08/11/06 Fri

my and my boyfriend had unprotected sex twice and once protected.they were on three concetive days.the first time was in my pool and that was unprotected.and the second time we did it on the floor and it was unprotected,but he didnt cum.and the third time we did protect and the condom didnt break, we checked.could i be pregnant? b/c i heard the chemicals in the pool(chlorine) kills the sperm,is that right?

Replies:
Subject: Help

Author:
Bekki (worried)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:01:41 08/09/06 Wed

I had sex with my boyfriend unprotected yesterday morning. I came home and took my pill. I didn't realise till today looking at them, That the days were a day behind and that i'd missed one. I don't remember missing one. I told him this and he said i should be ok if im still taking my pills. Im not really sure about this? Im going to go to the chemist for a morning after pill. Just to be on the safe side. But i just wondered if he was right?

Replies:
  • Re: Help -- Pat, 04:14:43 08/11/06 Fri
Subject: Re: dont know if im pregnant

Author:
Leanne (Confused)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:14:57 08/10/06 Thu

I have 3 symtoms tiredness, tender brest and nausea.
I did a home test and it was negative but i still feel the same?

im confused please help

Replies:
Subject: Not sure what's going on.

Author:
Tif
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:46:52 08/08/06 Tue

My husband and I had our first daughter 5/12/05. Our "plan" was to wait until she was around 9 months to try and have the next child (so they'd be about 18 months apart). Since we weren't going to wait too long we chose to not use a medical bc method...and #2 was born 5/8/2006. Needless to say, this time around we decided not to play around and use both the patch and condoms, at least most the time. I've been on the patch through two and almost a third cycle. There was an unfortunate chance that I was pregnant when I started, but my dr said the chance was so slim that he suggested going ahead and starting and then if I missed my first period while on it then we'd worry about it. I didn't miss it, but it was extremely light, which I know is possibly because of the bc, but my past experiences with bc are that no matter what, I am destined to have a very heavy flow. The second period was the same, literally just spotting for a few hours. And now I'm on week two of my third cycle and I suddenly have started a *heavy* flow with an abnormal amount of cramping and achiness that I haven't ever had with a period. Ever. Could this be the infamous "breakthrough" bleeding I've heard about, or is it really possible that I was pregnant and because I've been on the patch I've terminated it, unintentionally? If I thought having a third baby so soon was going to be the end of my world, knowing that I caused a baby to end will be even worse. Help?

Replies:
Subject: Could it just be stress?

Author:
Victoria
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:55:36 08/06/06 Sun

I'm 20 and engaged. My fiance and I have been stressing over the wedding and everything. We did not have sex often last month. The first day of my last period was July 5, 2006. I know I am just shy of a week late, but should I question whether I'm pregnant yet? I know that it has been said that when you're stressed out that sometimes your period is late. I was on Ortho tri-lo before, but my last pill pack was in May. So, I've gone 2 months without contriception. I know if I got pregnant it wouldn't be the end of the world for me; I just need to know if I need to add more thoughts/stress in my head or wait until the end of the week to stress..?

Also, I go for my annual exam in a month if I do test positive for being pregnant should I try to move my exam up or should I just see my general practicioner once I find out?

Replies:
Subject: AM I PREGNATE?

Author:
DENAJ
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:59:09 06/27/06 Tue

IM 20 YEARS OLD..I HAD AN ABORTION 6 OR 7 WEEKS AGO(MAY23),DUE TO I WAS SUPPOSED TO GO OFF TO COLLEGE, HOWEVER I CHANGED MY MIND.......I DIDNT BLEED OR NOTHING AND I STILL HAVENT.....MY PREGNANCY TEST STILL SHOWS POSITIVE..BUT IVE ALSO HAD UNPROTECTED SEX WITH MY BOYFRIEND EVERYDAY OF THIS MONTH BUT HE PULLS OUT WHEN HE'S ABOUT TO CUM..CAN I BE PREGNATE AGAIN? I HOPE SO BECAUSE I MADE A MISTAKE...AND CAN U GET PREGNATE WHEN HAVING SEX UNPROTECTED EVEN THOUGH HE PULLS OUT??

Replies:
Subject: Top Ten Signs of Pregnancy

Author:
Kris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:58:19 08/06/06 Sun

9. Fatigue
8. Implantation bleeding
7. Nausea or vomiting
5. Food aversions
4. Frequent urination
3. A missed period
Subject: Save Sex for marriage

Author:
Kris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:02:39 07/31/06 Mon

There are a lot of myths, misconceptions, and downright lies out there regarding sex. Whether you've gotten your info from parents, teachers, television and movies or peers...its critical to be sure you get the truth.

In fact, your life depends on it. Visit here:

http://www.getthetruth.net/
Subject: Can I get pregnant during my period?

Author:
Brittany
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:51:45 07/29/06 Sat

can i get pregnant during my period. i am 2 weeks late...

Replies:
Subject: Can you get pregnant on the pill?

Author:
Lauren
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:44:39 07/29/06 Sat

Hi... i need HELP!
i just started birth control three weeks ago.
i am now on the light green pills.
my period came on tues.
i had sex wednesday while i was still on my period.
my boyfriend ejaculated inside of me.
i am still on my period and everything is normal
i thought you couldnt get pregnant on your period
but i want to make sure i am right. so please help i would appreciate anyones comments. thanks so much!

Replies:
Subject: i htink im pregnant

Author:
faythe
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:34:01 07/27/06 Thu

me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex on tuesday . the 25th and he came inside of me...im not on birthcontrol ... i know if im pregnant im going to keep my baby and i know that my boyfriend will stay with me but....i dont know how to tell my parents..im 17 and currentley go to a collegiate high school...i know they will be disappointed b/c i have alot of stuff going for me...ill graduate high school wiht my associates degree....but if i have to drop out to have my baby ..ill die.....please help

Replies:
Subject: worried

Author:
Brooke
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:05:52 07/25/06 Tue

My boyfriend and I had sex for the first time and he took my virginity...he pulled out but cummed all over me(vagina) can i still get preg. if it was my first time and he came on me and not in me?

Replies:
Subject: Could I be pregnant?

Author:
Uniko
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:15:36 07/19/06 Wed

I'm on the pill and had sex with my bf wed july 5th 2006. I missed 3 pills in a row on wed,thur,fri of the next week which was week 2 of my pills. On fri, that third day I didn't take my pill, I had some really bad cramps. I had a little bit of lightish brown stuff on my pad. The next day I had full on bleeding. I'm not suppose to have my period until week 4. Instead I started on week 3. It was the worse period in history. Blood was flowing like Niagra Falls and I was so sick I had to stay in bed for a few days. I usually don't really have a period when I do get one. I also had pregnancy symptoms right before the period started. At first I had a large increase in appitite then 2 days later I had nausea and couldn't eat because I was going to throw up.I was so sick in bed. I was weak and had horrible strange migranes. I had cramps in my back and legs. I felt like it was over 100 degrees where ever I went. I literally wanted to just die. It is now wed in the middle of my week 3 and my period has gone back down to brownish stuff. Is it possible that I might be pregnant even though I had a period? Maybe it was just stress that caused all of this? I stil feel sick and nausous so I don't know anymore. What should I do?

Replies:
Subject: Question

Author:
ME
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:46:48 07/18/06 Tue

I went to the Gynocologist yesterday for my yearly check up.
She said my uterus was enlarged and thought it may be a pregnancy. I did a urine test which came out negative. She said my urine was diluted from drinking so much water. She scheduled me to come in on Thursday am for another test.
Im wondering, If I am pregnant...I had sex on about June 16, and got my period in July at it's normal time. Normal period. I had sex again on July 7, or 8th...If I'm pregnant would my uterus already be enlarged after 2 weeks enough for the dr to think im pregnant?
Someone also mentioned Fibroids, which I don't think is the case here.
I have no symptoms of pregnancy besides being tired, w hicH I took the heat into consideration.
If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate some input. Thanks :)

Replies:
Subject: Unplanned Pregnancy Discussions

Author:
Jackie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:00:02 07/18/06 Tue

hi my name is jackie and i am 15 yearz old. me & my boyfriend had unprotected sex on july 14 (i know bad ;; but we have botha lready been tested for diseases) he didn`t pull it out & i think i am pregnaunt! i have been having alot of early symptoms. but i think that i started on july 17 ;; i beeen using tampons && i aint as ussually as heavy as i normally am. i took a pregnauncy test on sunday july 16 & it was negetive && i also took one on the 17 && it was negitive also.

also i was supossed to start the night that it happenend but i was accually two days late! could i still be pregnaunt?

Replies:
Subject: Im not sure if im pregnant...im only 15

Author:
Shelby
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:06:33 07/15/06 Sat

If anyone knows if you can get pregnant by have the guys sperm on you then you wipe it off and then you go use the rest room, and you wipe is there a possible chance that there is still sperm on your hands that you dont know of and then use that same hand to wipe is there a possible chance that you could get pregnant?
if you have any answers thanks so much

Replies:
Subject: Teen Pregnant

Author:
Shalynne
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:56:52 05/31/06 Wed

I am 13 years old...and pregnant. Right now my life is nothing but fear. Im about a month preagant, because I didnt have my period last month. The problem is..my parents finding out...I know that will be end of my life, for sure! David, the father, is 16. He's a really nice guy. He said to just tell my mom he raped me, so I wont get in trouble. I dont know if I should do this or not..I mean come on..that isnt fair at all. His uncle said he could take me to get an abortion, but im not for sure im up for that. If I do get an abortion..Im scared my parents will find out some how, and be guility for the rest of my life. I really do need help with this BIG problem. What should I do?

Replies:
Subject: Brand new group for teens

Author:
Diane Cheryl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:14:55 07/14/06 Fri

There is a brand new group for teens if you think that you might be pregnant or know that you are pregnant and need help/advice.
go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teenchoice/
Subject: could i be pregnant?

Author:
Abby
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:11:28 07/12/06 Wed

hi my name is abby well last night my boyfriend, his best friend and i were all really drunk. well my boyfriend and i had sex and we used a condom but then we switches to anal and we took off the condom and he came inside me. then later that night we had sex again but we didnt have another condom so we used the pull out method but he came a little bit on the outside of my vagina. im on the pill but it was only my third day of the first week and they say your supposed to use a condom for the first 7 days your on the pill. should i be worried about being pregnant

Replies:
Subject: Two yahoo groups

Author:
Diane Cheryl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:54:26 07/10/06 Mon

I wanted you all to know about two yahoo groups for unplanned pregnancy where you can get a lot of advice and support. If you're a teen, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pregnant_teen_support/ or older go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/unplanned_pregnancy_help/

Hope this helps. Of course, you may always email me privately at DCHERYL51@yahoo.com if you want to talk.

Replies:
Subject: I'm 14...and i had sex...i dunno if im pregnant!!! HELP!

Author:
Ashley
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:43:19 07/12/06 Wed

okay me and my bf had sex june 7,2006!!!! we used a condom...and plus i told him not to ejaculate or whatever!!!! my period is supposed to come on about the 12...i kno its not here yet but im wondering if its gonna come!!! i mean can u get pregnant if ur partner doesnt ejaculate and if u use a condom!!

Replies:
Subject: Early pregnancy signs

Author:
Shauntese (confused)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:31:28 07/11/06 Tue

Hi, my name is Shauntese, I have 1 daughter and could be pregnant now but I'm confused & in denial too. My question?... Is spotting a early sign of pregnancy? If so, I experience this with my first pregnacy and I believe that this time is the same sign I'm having. What happened is, yesterday on July 10th I started spotting light-pink blood everytime I wipe myself after urination. So, I figured my period was starting...However my flow has not appeared on my pad so I thought maybe by night time or the next day I will atleast start to flow heavier but it did not occur. But I did see more spotting but a brownish-colour this time very light spotting. Anyway this is my second day of spotting without a regular flow of bleeding, could I be probally pregnant? If so I must be about 4 to 6 weeks pregnant. I also, notice back pains, some cramping like I'm on my period but I'm not. I started spotting around the time my period should be due that's what making think I'm probally pregnant.

Can anybody relate to my concerns because I'm confused, usually my periods are normal always. Im confused, and I don't know what to think. Thanks for reading my message

Replies:
Subject: changes and problems in this forum

Author:
Diane Cheryl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:36:38 07/11/06 Tue

There are some changes in the forum so hope there is no problem. Let me know if something doesn't work. When you post, it might say "This message is not approved." Don't worry about that--it just means that a moderator has to approve and that may be immediate or a few hours. Just be patient. You may always email me privately at DCHERYL51@yahoo.com
Subject: I have had a miscarriage but I think I am preg

Author:
annilei
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:12:40 07/10/06 Mon

I have had A miscarriage the first time I got pregnant but it has been 5 months since then and last friday july 7, I felt like i was going to get my period and I went to the bathroom and when I wiped it was a light light pink color but after that one time I havn't seen anything since and I am now 3 days late I my breasts are tender I feel bloated I have mood swings I am way nauseated and i watch 4 kids and the smell of the babys poop almost makes me vomit I took a hm preg test july 10 but it came out neg could I still be preg??

Replies:
Subject: please help me

Author:
Frightened
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:38:42 07/08/06 Sat

Im 16 years old and lost my virginity on june 22 with my boyfreind. (we usede protection) I have been experianceing stomache pains, vomiting, goin to the bathroom alot but not have to go alot, diariha, and fatigue. I dont have my period regularly though, its usualy only every 3 or 4 months and i had my period right before so am i ganna have to wait 3 months to find out? should i be lookin for any other symptoms?

Replies:
Subject: Confused

Author:
Scared
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:13:53 07/06/06 Thu

I'm 16 years old and had protected sex with my boyfriend on June 24th. The condom didn't break, and we used it correctly. We even checked it afterwards to make sure there wasn't a tear or that no semen seeped out. It is now July 6th and I'm supposed to start my period soon. But for some reason I feel like I'm not going to start. My breats aren't sore like they normally are before my period. When would be the right time to take a pregnancy test? And is there a chance at all that I can be pregnant?

Replies:
Subject: i have to ask plez

Author:
karen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:19:55 07/05/06 Wed

hi im karen im 17 and me and boyfriend had unprotected sex. And got my menstrual the 23 of june got done the 29 of june. We do the "pull out" so to say but it was to late to pull out and he told me to go to the bathroom and pee. But does that really work? He says dont worry about it i knows his good so if any thing happens he would take care of me but what should i do?

Replies:
Subject: Help

Author:
Rachel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:56:43 07/04/06 Tue

I had sex about a week ago unprotected with a "friend" he took it out when he cummed but im still not sure if that would make me pregnat! I ovulated about 2 days before too! Is that a bad thing! I need help how soon can i take a pregnacy test! My period is also messed up so it comes when it comes!!!! I need help!!!

Replies:
Subject: Goals

Author:
Kris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:15:52 07/03/06 Mon

Ladies and Gents,

This is a quote I came across and many times I encourage you to set some goals, set the sexual activity aside and do some things more worthwhile in your life. I just wanted to share these thoughts with you along the same lines:

Motivational speaker, Mark Victor Hansen, said, "Setting goals is one of the most important things you can do to guarantee your personal, professional and financial success. Goals are like a road map to your target destination. Each goal accomplished is another mile behind you on the way to where you want to be."

Years ago I heard another speaker say, "Success is the ability to embrace a worthwhile goal and employ all of your powers for the achievement of that goal."

A life without goals is like a ship without a rudder drifting where the winds and waves of chance direct. However, even more important than setting goals is to first discover one's God-given life purpose and then establish goals to fulfill that purpose.

For more about Daily Encounter click on: www.actsweb.org/daily_encounter.php
Subject: early signs of pregnancy

Author:
Ms Roberts
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:07:16 06/28/06 Wed

I will set the situation and see if anyone has an opinion. I had my period on June 11th and then I had sex on June 19th. My ovulation date was June 25th. At current I have weird lower abdominal pains. I also have the feeling like I have my period w/o the cramping. My lower back on the sides are not feeling right either. I have also been working out with some more strenuous activities but that should not be an issue. I never have this much discomfort. It is minor but noticaeble. I feel bloated and like I have gas.

Replies:
Subject: HOW SOON CAN I KNOW

Author:
MYA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:12:36 07/02/06 Sun

ON JUNE 29TH I HAD UNPROTECTED SEX WIT MY BOYFRIEND AND HE EJACULATED INSIDE OF ME .MY PERIOD WAS SUPPOSED TO COME ON THAT DAY.ITS JULY 1ST AND MY PERIOD HASNT COME ON YET.HOW SOON CAN I FIND OUT IF IM PRGNANT OR NOT?

Replies:
Subject: Can I be pregnant?

Author:
Kris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:49:33 06/21/06 Wed

I'm 18 years old and have been with my only sexual partner for appox. 2 years now,I am On tricylen 21 low birthcontrol On Sunday June 11o6 I had sex and the first couple thrusts/enteries were without a condom,(and the first day i don't take a pill)but then as usual we put a condom on,i was due to have my period in three days.i got my period as planned & normal.but lots of cramps,and well on sunday my period was done as usual,now i feel sick to my stomach, and not wanting to eat,Idont wanna take a pg test till my period comes next month,I wanna know can i be pregnant???Or just stressing??Please help!?!?

Replies:
Subject: Updates??

Author:
Kris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:29:16 06/30/06 Fri

Does anyone have any updates they want to share with us?
Subject: The future

Author:
Kris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:52:02 06/30/06 Fri

http://www.choosetoday.org/abEd101/index.asp?ident=highschool:abEd101

Long address, but a good site to take a look at. Girls, respect yourselves and think about your futures and your goals.

Kris
Subject: stress??

Author:
Faith
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:53:48 06/30/06 Fri

i had sex only 3 times this month with my now ex boyfriend *broke up about a week and a half ago* he wore protection all those times and it didnt break. my last period was may 28th. its june 29th right now and i have not gotten my period yet. am i pregnant or just stressin and the stress is making it hard for my period not to show?

Replies:
Subject: Common signs/symptoms of STIs

Author:
Kris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:21:54 06/29/06 Thu

Seeing as I've listed the top ten signs of pregnancy, it seemed a good idea to also list top signs of STD's. These aren't the ONLY signs - just some of the more common ones. Herpes and genital warts are more common than ever and have NO CURE. Most men can have the genital warts and not know it. It has been shown that the HPV (the virus that causes the warts) also causes cervical cancer in women.

http://familydoctor.org/165.xml
Subject: Top Ten Signs you are pregnant

Author:
Kris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:16:54 06/29/06 Thu

9. Fatigue
8. Implantation bleeding
7. Nausea or vomiting
5. Food aversions
4. Frequent urination
3. A missed period
Subject: help i think am pregnat

Author:
ana
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:13:10 06/28/06 Wed

ok my boyfriend and i haven't been using proctection for quite a while now we use the widrall metho instead i know there's such a thing as pre cum but am consern because i already when through one miscarrige, well my question is i got my period on monday, woke up tuesday sick to my stomach throwing up and with diarea.. i never had these symthoms happen to me during my period, and i still have a big stomach ache, and nasia now weds. and food makes me sick is there a possibility to be on my period and still be pregnat? please help

Replies:
Subject: So worried....

Author:
Michelle
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:07:20 06/27/06 Tue

I'm am a 31-year-old mother of two lovely little boys...and I'm terrified that I might be pregnant again. My last period started on June 6...and my husband and I had intercourse on June 19th. And of course (lucky us) our condom broke! ARGGGHHHH! Due to some medical issues, I cannot take birth control pills, so condoms are currently our only reliable contraceptive method. I called my doctor and got a prescription for "Plan B"...(even though regular use of BCP isn't good for me...we decided that is was warrented in this situation). I began the Plan B pills about 40 hours after intercourse(second pill was taken 12 hours after that).

OK. So this morning (June 27) I noticed some light spotting. Now I'm wondering...is this just a side effect of the pills or could it be implantation bleeding? I know it's too early to take a test...just wondering if anyone had any idea or input on this? My husband and I LOVE our kids...but really don't want any more children.

Replies:
Subject: pregnant at a young age

Author:
Amber
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:42:51 06/08/06 Thu

I am 14 and I felt pressured to have sex by my boyfriend who was 16. We broke up. He never wore a condom and I wasnt on birth control. Now it seems like my lower stomach has grow rapidly, my breasts are very sore and feel heavy and bigger, in the morning I feel like trowing up, and I have not had a period for almost 2 months now. I know that I AM probably pregnant but I am scared ask my mom to buy me a test. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE?

Replies:
Subject: help

Author:
laura
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:32:38 05/10/06 Wed

I was wondering if it can be posible to get pregnant if i had sex with my boyfriend without a condom for like 2 minutes and then he put the condom back on. he didn't come inside me!this happened a while ago and now i have not gotten my period yet.. i'm 1 week late but i've been feeling cramps and i'm very irritable! i don't if any of this has to do with the fact that i went on a plane ride a month ago and also i joined a gym and i've been working out for a couple of weeks...

i took a pregnancy test about two days ago and it was negative but i still don't have my period!

Replies:
Subject: What do you think?

Author:
Keri
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:11:30 06/24/06 Sat

Okay... My periods have always been on time (maybe a day late at the very most). And they are always 30 days apart. So if the first day of my last period was May 19, then my next period should have started June 19 (5 days ago), right? Well, I haven't started yet. I had taked a pregnancy test 10 days ago (5 days before period was supposed to start) but it came back negative. I haven't taken one since then. My Fiance tells me to just wait it out and either way we'll find out. I just really want to know for sure and have it confirmed. I'm having pains down in my lower stomach, almost like when I'm on my period sometimes... I have alot of gas.... frequent headaches, neckaches, and backaches... I get hot/cold flashes off and on... I'm always tired... and have really bad mood swings. Like one min I'll be happy and excited, and the next min I just don't care and I'm like "Whatever, this day sucks" Anyone who knows me knows that's not me. I'm really bubbly and childlike. I really think it's the stress. All of the symptoms are for pregnancy and stress alike. My breasts aren't swollen or tender, and rarely do I feel sick to my stomach. I'm curious. What does it sound like to you guys??

Replies:
Subject: pregnant or not

Author:
Elizabeth
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:19:51 06/24/06 Sat

i got my period 32 days ago today and they come on time, well 10 days ago i had unpertected sex, i have taken 4 test and all come back negative but i still havent gotten my period, if this has happend to anyone please tell me what happend to you.

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 123[4]5 ]

Back to the Abortion Alternatives Main Site

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.