VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]234 ]

Jbandsandy.com Message Board
Welcome

Who sings this song? -- Debbie, 09:26:48 05/27/02 Mon

Jess,
If it's the same song I'm thinking of, it's done by Def Leppard. Hope this helps.....

Debbie

[ Edit | View ]

who sings this song??? -- Jess, 00:56:16 05/26/02 Sun

I have a bet with my wife. Please tell me the artist of this song. "Your bringing on the heart ache"? I think it is Billy Squier??

[ Edit | View ]

Thanks -- Terri Foulkes, 16:27:59 05/24/02 Fri

I think you are both great. You helped me in a way this past year that you were totally unaware of. My Dad passed in 5/27/01, and then 1 month later I found out my boyfriend of 5 years had terminal cancer and he passed 9/1/01. If I had not been listening to your show each morning I would of gone nuts. Regarding Super Mouth I really liked the person whom was on Thursday. Speaking of Super Mouth do you still have the decals of a mouth on your window???? The sign shop I work at the owner's wife did a video and included the decals. I was going to do a tape but was not in the frame of mind yet. Thanks alot guys you really pulled me through this past year.

Sincerely

Terri Foulkes

[ Edit | View ]

I like Judy!!! -- Melody, 07:06:54 05/24/02 Fri

I really like today's (Friday) contestant. I think her name is Judy. She was really great. She seemed very comfortable on the air and she actually didn't BOMB on the news like the others did. She has a clear voice and is funny! I hope she makes it to round 4. So far I think I like her the best!!! You guys definately have your work cut out for you. By the way...I LOVE YOUR SHOW!!!!!!

[ Edit | View ]

SUPERMOUTH -- RACHEL, 21:50:27 05/22/02 Wed

I JUST WANTED TO SAY, I PULLED FOR ALI THE DAY SHE CALLED IN. FRANKLY, I WAS NOT IMPRESSED WITH HER ROUND THREE. I DID LIKE THE MAN CONTESTANT THAT WAS ON THIS MORNING, I DON'T REMEMBER HIS NAME. I LIKED HIM BEST OF ALL SO FAR. IT WOULD BE INTERESTING TO LISTEN TO AN ALL MAN MORNING SHOW FOR A CHANGE, I THINK YOUR SHOW SHOULD BE A LITTLE DIFFERENT THIS TIME AROUND.

[ Edit | View ]

Web Page -- Dennis, 19:29:17 05/22/02 Wed

Y'all really need to update your web page. It has stuff on it that is wayyy old. Oh, by the way, I could listen to Ali G in the mornings. The chemistry was good, not forced. She has guts going after you guys like she did.

[ Edit | View ]

Just For The Record -- Martha Leigh, 12:39:45 05/22/02 Wed

WOW! I am almost glad I didn't make it to round three after reading all this. Just for the record, I gave it my best shot in round 2 and didn't get any further, and that's ok. Just for the record, I had a great time, and I thank the guys and Ginger for the chance to give it a try. (didn't want my mom or anyone else reading this think that I was one of the people complaining, so I felt I needed to set my own personal record straight.)

Anyway, whoever gets it, I both envy and worry about you. Keep your chin up and your head held high, becuase you have done an amazing thing. Remember to smile and live in the moment; this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, so grab it and don't let go!

Everyone else, lighten up, it's only a job...

Martha Leigh

[ Edit | View ]

GOOD PLACE FOR LUNCH -- JOANN GRAFFIOUS, 08:38:10 05/22/02 Wed

Try Italian Garden Restaurant @ 14611 fm 1325. The first intersetion past the Wells Branch intersection. Right by a Mobil station with a HUGE American flag. Great Homestyle Italian food. Run by a mother and daughter. JoAnn

[ Edit | View ]

supermouth -- Jenny, 08:35:27 05/22/02 Wed

I love supermouth but its getting old. Can we pick someone soon?

[ Edit | View ]

good dives -- Lisa, 07:50:21 05/22/02 Wed

I know two good dives to try out. Amaya's Taco Village and La Fuentes. Amaya's has awesome tacos. They are in the Capital Plaza strip mall. La Fuentes has cheese enchiladas to die for. They are tucked away near the intersection of William Cannon and Congress.

[ Edit | View ]

Supermouth -- Not in round 3, 14:30:04 05/21/02 Tue

I just want to say that I've been toying with the idea of writing in to give my opinion about the contestants, but didn't want to appear "bitter" which I'm NOT. I was in the Supermouth contest and made it to round 2. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to convey in my short time in the studio how WONDERFUL I would be for this job. :-) I want everyone to know I'm not upset at ALL! I had a great time trying out!! BUT, I was a little peeved when Ali G. called in and tried to talk the guys into letting her into round 3. Then this morning I was SO TICKED OFF to hear her on the radio as a round 3 contestant!! Had I known how that would work out for her, then I would have called and pleaded my case too!!! I'm not impressed with how that was all handled... just imagine if all us that didn't advance to round 3 had called in!! What a mess!!!
I must also say that I think Debbie is DEFINITELY funny, but if she gets the job you will lose your show... she takes over. The show will be hers... not the JB & Sandy show. Besides, the accent is very hard to understand. So far I think Jyoung-Ah has had the best all-around personality. Who can dislike a woman that can lay her own tile!! :-) Anyway, I want to wish good luck to all the remaining contestants... but I was really disappointed this morning.

[ Edit | View ]

Ali -- Kim, 07:50:24 05/21/02 Tue

I think Ali is perfect for the job. The individuals that have criticized her are being very rude. They have not even taken the time to get to know her. I think that Ali deserves the job. She knows what she wants and she is giving her all. I commend Ali on her enthusiasm and encourage her to continue "going for the gold!" You Go Girl! Good Luck!

[ Edit | View ]

Allie G. -- Diana, 07:24:56 05/21/02 Tue

Allie G. was GREAT! Yesterday's girl had a poor showing - bless her heart. Allie G. has the right personality, a good laugh, GREAT sense of humor, and fits in with you guys. I like that she's a mom too.

Happy B-Day Allie G!! Hope you make it to Round 4!! You have my vote! And, no, I don't know her!

[ Edit | View ]

Ally Gee......Gee not impressed -- Rick, 06:48:44 05/21/02 Tue

No offense to Ally, she seems like a really nice lady, but on the air I was not impressed by her performance. She is rather dry with a hint of valley girl. I understand you wanted to give her another chance, you would think she would have put forth a better showing. Sorry Ally, I don't think you are supermouth material. Have fun on your vacation Ally.

[ Edit | View ]

New Survivior -- Vicki Lackey, 06:20:17 05/21/02 Tue

Good morning guys,
I was listen to you guys for my hour long drive in to work, as I do each morning, this morning. You were talking about how they needed fresh ideas or personalities on Survivor shows. Well, how about this idea;
What if the listeners/viewers voted what celebrity they wanted to be tossed into Survivor. Someone they would like to see in these harsh environments. Someone like Britney Spears :)

[ Edit | View ]

Ali G -- Andrea, 05:54:00 05/21/02 Tue

You definately should pick Ali G. You guys had me laughing the whole way to work this morning (5/21/02). She did not seem nervous at all and fit right in with JB and Sandy. And she has a voice that I could listen to in the morning.

Definately DO NOT pick the girl from yesterday (5/20/02). I had to switch stations because I could not listen to her voice.

Love ya guys!

[ Edit | View ]

student radio broadcast -- jennifer, 17:17:04 05/20/02 Mon

Hi! I work at Texas School for the Blind and this summer I am teaching a class on radio broadcast. My students will be responsilble for planning and broadcasting a variety radio program. As you guys are my morning cup of coffee, I was wandering if you would be willing to do an interview with the students (short!!), or maybe hook us up with someone else there that knows the ends and outs of what it takes to do a show. If you can help in any way, thanks!!!! If not, still thanks for all the giggles I enjoy on my way to work every morning. What a difference you guys make!!!
Jennifer

[ Edit | View ]

Supermouth -- Allison, 12:40:48 05/20/02 Mon

I listen to you guys every morning on my way to work and think you are so awesome. I, personally, like hearing Nicole Burch. She is so cute and fun listening to. I think you should definately pick her! (and don't yell at her, I'm not a friend)

[ Edit | View ]

Singles Party! -- Steph, 09:18:07 05/20/02 Mon

Dear JB & Sandy,

I was listening to the show this morning and only caught part of the "singles night" conversation with the guy from P-ville. I looked on your web site but didn't find any information about it.
My sister moved here a little over a yr ago expecting to be here with her husband. Things turned out badly (no need to get into that but perhaps he and Sandy's ex-wife might make a good pair, if you know what I mean). Anyway, since she has been here she hasn't met very many people and hasn't even gotten to see what this great city is all about. I've been here for almost 6 yrs and am also "technically" single but have two small children and don't have much free time to get out and show here around. I have suggested these types of things to her before but she has always been hesitant to go alone. You mentioned that the guests could also bring a single friend so I was hoping maybe you could persuade her a little by giving her a call or at least some information. She is a fun, beautiful successful attorney who just doesn't know where to start to make the most out of Austin and the dating scene. Can you help?
This message doesn't necessarily need to be posted I just didn't see another way to e-mail you. Since I don't want to put a phone number on the page I assume you will just contact me through my e-mail address listed or mention this on the radio. I'll be listening!
Thanks so much! Glad to have you back!
Steph

[ Edit | View ]

Supermouth contestant 5/20 @ 8 a.m. -- Taxi Mom, 06:56:41 05/20/02 Mon

Not sure which contestant was on this a.m., but I couldn't listen to her for any length of time! I, personally, would like to listen to someone a little less perky who sounds like she's still in high school. Also the "umm" after every 3 words drove me crazy.
Sorry, I'm sure she's sweet and nice, but I'd change stations.

[ Edit | View ]

Supermouth contest -- Chris, 06:45:05 05/20/02 Mon

Will it be over soon? sorry, guys, it's starting to get old...regarding this morning's contestant, nicole, i think it was....i hope you don't choose her, her voice is too high-pitched, and she sounds too valley-girlish.... my favorite has been chung-ha (i'm sure that's spelled wrong!). I haven't heard, did she make it to this current round? she has by far had the most pleasant and relaxed sounding voice of anyone. and as for alli g, good for her for trying, BUT rules are rules, and there was nothing particularly special about her on-air persona....

[ Edit | View ]

niji1979@yahoo.com -- Niji, 05:56:35 05/20/02 Mon

The woman trying out today, Monday May 20, has a more annoying voice than BESS!!!!!!!!!!! I keep waiting for her to say, " Like for sure".

[ Edit | View ]

STEREO FOR DIGIT -- NOVA, 07:13:16 05/18/02 Sat

HEY DIGIT, I HAVE A STEREO FOR YOU. IT'S A KENWOOD W/CD, AND CASSETTE. IT IS NEW. IT COST ME $560.00. HOWEVER, WITH EVERY GREAT DEAL THERE IS A CATCH....IT IS INSTALLED IN A 1990 TOYOTA SUPRA TURBO. THE SUPRA IS FORSALE WITH ALL THE ADDED EXTRAS. IT HAS KAPPA INIFINITY SPEAKERS (TOP OF THE LINE). THE CAR IS IN GREAT SHAPE. LET ME KNOW IF INTERESTED. (254)547-1723. OH YEA FORGOT TO TELL YOU WHY WE ARE SELLING THE CAR....WE ARE MOVING TO KOREA FOR TWO YEARS AND CANNOT TAKE OUR CAR OVERSEAS.

[ Edit | View ]

yet another one for Ali G. -- Rachel, 22:12:01 05/17/02 Fri

I just wanted to say, "Leave the poor girl ALONE." I cannot believe how rude some of the listeners are being just because Ali was trying to "sell herself" during what was already an out of the ordinary job interview in the first place.
I would also like to add, not being British, and having no real personal ties to their people as a whole, I seriously doubt they enjoy being referred to as "Brits." It's really mature to spout off ugly, and I suppose even racist remarks during phone conversations and e-mail.
I don't believe how ridiculous people are being over a radio contast. Give your feedback tactfully, and go about your day. Stop using the time to put perfect strangers down before you even get a real chance to listen to them.

[ Edit | View ]

ALI G -- Tom, 14:24:30 05/17/02 Fri

What gives?

You tell someone they did a great job and would have advanced were it not for braces?
In most employment circles, that would be an illegal practice...Anyway who cares about the braces. I do not agree that the only topic would be the braces, she seems to be a multifacited person with originality and would work well with you guys....I haven't changed the dial...yet.

I like ALI G, and would love to see you bring her to the 3rd round.

This Brit would be very annoying after a while, Have we learned nothing ...Are you'll forgetting how annoying "Downtown Julie Brown" was on MTV...wubba, wubba, wubba - Please! We need home grown girl, a Texan.
The Brit sounds like she's all that, it's the accent...don't let it fool ya...I dated an Irish girl for 2mos, because I like the way she said my name...then it wore off.

And, what is up with all this Cattyness that I've heard and read in these emails....goes back to the reason a women, no matter how qualified will never be elected president - you guys are jealous of each other and anyone who might get ahead in the world...Men are not like that - And you know it.

I want my ALI G and JB and SANDY!

[ Edit | View ]

IN RESPONSE -- ALI G, 13:46:34 05/17/02 Fri

I'm sure many women who have mothered children while talking on the phone would agree, my children were not being ignored! They were in my sight and having a good/safe time. Please don't ever judge my skills as a parent after hearing a "30" minute phone conversation of which you couldn't stand listening to the whole thing anyway! I will not judge you in return.
Secondly, I look at the cell phone call simply as an investment! Much as one might spend money preparing a resume or buying a new outfit for a job interview. There is always a little initial investment! Though I must agree, that cell phone bill is a killer and will only be used for emergencies in the future!
I'm sad that this didn't work out for me but I sure had a blast trying. This was all in good fun, there really is no need for personal attacks. I appreciate and thank those who spent their time and energy to put in a good word for me. I'd love to return the favor some time!
Keepin it real,
I AM ALI G!

[ Edit | View ]

I like Mary -- Janine, 07:29:46 05/17/02 Fri

I've been listening to your Supermouth contest and have really enjoyed hearing the dynamic you have with these girls. Here's my vote. First off, no British gal...she's funny, but get annoying after a while. Second, my favorite so far has been Mary. I didn't even hear her in the 2nd round, but she was hysterical this week. Her description of Vegas is right on! And she didn't have to talk about herself the whole time. That's my two cents. Good
show guys.

[ Edit | View ]

Ali G -- Roxie, 06:45:01 05/17/02 Fri

I was driving to College Station yesterday and listening to your show...heard all the trash about Ali G. I was so sick of listening to her and all the attention you guys were giving her that I ended up changing radio stations...........she does not deserve all this attention unless you are willing to give 45 minutes of airtime to all the other Round 2 "want-to-be's". Ali is a mom but as a mom for the past 22 years..NEVER would I ignore my kids and sit on a cell phone for that long of a time !!! She kept saying she needed the job...well Honey....if you are that broke you sure couldn't afford a cell phone much less waste 45 minutes on one phone call !!!

Grow up Ali G....concentrate on your kids and leave the radio show to someone who is not a WHINER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cause I will not be listening to you.

[ Edit | View ]

Alanis Morissette Interview -- Piper Loring, 22:22:27 05/16/02 Thu

No Nick, I'm not scared about a clash between Alanis and jb and sandy. Alanis is a very nice person and Jb and Sandy are good people. I am sure they will respect Alanis Morissettes comments and besides I bet alanis won't get into all that stuff. She will be to focused on the show. Peace.

[ Edit | View ]

What happened -- Nicole, 19:01:31 05/16/02 Thu

WHERE DID JB AND SANDY GO? CAN SOMEONE TELL ME. THEY WHERE HERE WHEN I LEFT AND GONE WHEN I CAME BACK. HELP ME I AM LOT WITH OUT THEM.

[ Edit | View ]

what happened -- nicole, 18:56:49 05/16/02 Thu

Can someone please help. I just moved back to Dallas and when I left about 6 months ago JB and Sandy were on the air and now there gone. Where did they go. Someone please tell me.

Thanks for your help

[ Edit | View ]

Interviewing Alanis Morrisette? -- Me, 15:00:17 05/16/02 Thu

On Friday they're supposed to interview Alanis Morrisette. Is anyone else scared about the clash between her articulate philosophies on life, etc. and JB and Sandy's naive consumerism? Well, at least Ginger's still there...

[ Edit | View ]

Glad you're back -- Nick, 14:28:36 05/16/02 Thu

I work for a large telecommunications company in San Antonio.I was forced to take a job in Austin in 1998.I happened to find your show one morning and tuned in every day.I met you guy's at mcdonalds on burleson and ben white one cold morning to donate to Bikes for Kids.I've also met Ginger twice at Chuy's in S.A.Are yall still keeping score?I was able to get back to S.A. in '99,but missed your show.Now if I work north of loop 1604 or in New Braunfels(not often enough)I can tune in.The call to Helga had me goin.Glad you guys are back!Just keep Ginger and BE DONE WITH IT!She seems to be a genuine all around hottie unlike the pictures of the other contestants.I'll tune in when I can and I agree that the S.A. doctor should stick to his malpractice and stay out of other bidneth.

[ Edit | View ]

Supermouth -- Regan, 13:57:30 05/16/02 Thu

I don't remeber the girl's name that called in this morning that wanted a second chance of making it to round 3, but I do not think she should be allowed to have a second chance for a few reasons. First, she drove me nuts listening to her. Which leads me to beleive that if she did end up winning the contest and was on the radio every morning I might have to change radio stations. Which is not something I want to do. I have been listening to you guys for years and enjoy the morning show. Second, I feel that if you give her a second chance you are going to cause yourselves a big problem with other contestants wanting a second chance for one reason or another. You have good contestants in round 3 right now, there is no need to add anyone.

[ Edit | View ]

Love Debbie the Fiesty Brit -- Celena, 13:50:15 05/16/02 Thu

My husband and I have listened to JB and Sandy for the past 5 years. Even though we suffered from great dispair when you moved to Dallas, we stuck it through. We knew one day you would be back. Dallas can never compare to Austin!

I wanted to put my vote in for the fiesty brit. She is hillarious! My husband and I love her and she has such an easy way of fitting in with JB and Sandy. It's like they have worked together before. Sandy needs someone that can hold her own and I am sure Debbie can give as good as she is gunna get.

GO DEBBIE! We love you!

[ Edit | View ]

HURRY UP! -- Lori, 10:43:31 05/16/02 Thu

I love the show, but Supermouth is dragging on and on. Please hurry and make a decision! Also, gotta see pics of Steak & Casey & Digits... by the way, what is the deal with Digits? If y'all keep adding people to the show, why not just make him Supermouth? I like hearing him, but must've missed the day y'all announced his purpose.

[ Edit | View ]

Ally Gee -- Shawn, 08:43:53 05/16/02 Thu

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right area or not, because I don't see a link to send e-mails directly to you!

I think you should definately give Ally G another chance! If the only reason why she didn't move on to round 3 is because of her braces(and she's willing to remove them), then you should give her another chance.

If the only reason why she didn't advance was the braces, then you shouldn't hold that against her. And she's not being a whiner, she's simply trying to make sure she gets her chance at a good job. It's also not that everyone else should be given a chance either, you both said she did a good job in round 2 - therefor she should move on to round 3(she deserved it!).

One thing to make sure though - if Sandy is going to biased against her(because of the conversation this morning) and he's all flustered about it - then forget about asking her to round 3 because Sandy's going to end up not voting for her anyway(and it will be a waste of time for her). So make sure Sandy can be fair towards her, then invite her back.

Shawn

[ Edit | View ]

I agree - hire the Brit!!!! -- Stacy, 08:15:34 05/16/02 Thu

I think that Debbie is the absolute funniest of all the contestants so far! My husband and I can't stop laughing whenever she is on the air. We LOVE her! I think that she has great chemestry with JB & Sandy and adds a lot of new flavor to the show! She is trumpalicious! Hire her please!

[ Edit | View ]

car stereo for digit -- bob, 08:03:26 05/16/02 Thu

Digit,
I have an car stereo if you want it. It is a sony in dash cd player. It is old but it still works. just email me if you want it.
bob

[ Edit | View ]

Allly! -- Tammy, 07:30:23 05/16/02 Thu

I think Ally just received enough airtime this morning--it was like she was in round three. Besides, if you decide to give her another chance, you know the popular topic with her will be the "braces situation." We have already heard what alot of listeners had to say about that. It would be just more of the same. Consider her airtime this morning as her round three, and move on.

[ Edit | View ]

Ali -- Disa, 07:22:35 05/16/02 Thu

I think you folks should allow her to come in for round 3. Afterall ya'll called her and told her it was her braces that made her not make it to round 3.

I vote she should come in!

Good Day!

[ Edit | View ]

Casey -- Ali, 07:22:31 05/16/02 Thu

Opinion-Ali is annoying and should have quit while she was ahead. She is interesting in that she causes reaction but I don't think I could hear her everyday. She obviously rubs you the wrong way already. Many others were better and easier to listen to. Not fair to others who made it. If you all originally wanted her you would have asked her about braces at that time. Casey

[ Edit | View ]

Ally -- Anna, 07:19:29 05/16/02 Thu

The position isn't about even Steven - it's about finding someone w/ personality that you will be spending a year with. You're looking for someone who has spunk and charm -she has both. Someone just called in and used the word "immature"...............who wants a mature morning show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edit | View ]

ALI -- Casey, 07:17:23 05/16/02 Thu

My opinion-I agree Ali is annoying and pushed it too far. If she quit earlier she may have stood a chance. It would not be fair to the others. She obviously rubs you the wrong way already. Casey

[ Edit | View ]

Ali -- Deci, 07:08:21 05/16/02 Thu

I like Ali, you guys called her to begin with and told her she didn't make round 3 because of her braces. Well, she say's she'll take them off. You caused her to bug you by calling her first. So give her a chance.

Good Day!

[ Edit | View ]

Loose Robin -- jeffysmom, 05:51:42 05/16/02 Thu

I'm sorry, but Robin (I think that is her name who auditioned this morning) should not continue in this contest. She is annoying, negative, sarcastic and full of cliques. She's totally unnatural and grating. I could not listen to her longer than the hour of her audition; and even that was tough. I'd nix Thunder MaMa too...very annoying woman.

Debi, the Brit, has been my favorite so far. She is clever, witty and intelligent. There seems to be very good rapport with JB and Sandy.

I too agree that Ginger should leave the room during Supermouth auditions.

I'll be waiting to hear about the finalists!

[ Edit | View ]

Steakboy and supermouth -- wendi, 18:14:18 05/15/02 Wed

First of all I think ya'll give Steakboy too much hell. From the pictures I've seen of him on the website, he's a very good looking guy.
Second of all, I really liked that British woman (Debbie I think) the other day. I liked her the best out of every one you've had on so far. I really think she should be the next supermouth.

[ Edit | View ]

Pick Katy!! -- Amy, 11:35:07 05/15/02 Wed

I listened this morning and thought Katy was great. I usually like guy dj's more than girls but I thought she held her own. There is so much hype about the British girl but I think after awhile, she would get really annoying. We need a Texas girl.

[ Edit | View ]

Katy for Supermouth -- Kelley, 09:07:46 05/15/02 Wed

I thought that Katy was really good. I have been listening on and off for the past week to all the contestants, and I think Katy was the best so far. She seems fun and really comfortable, and I think she likes to go out which would give her some great stories to entertain us in the mornings.

[ Edit | View ]

Used to live there -- Vincent, 06:02:24 05/15/02 Wed

I can't believe the apartment complex for Supermouth is Hunter's Chase. They must have been the first complex to offer you a free apartment, simply because they can't keep the place full. As a former resident, I know from experience that the place is falling apart. Management doesn't really care about residents. Sure, it's in North Austin, but it's the oldest complex around here, but it shows. I feel bad for whomever has to live there.

[ Edit | View ]

hire the brit -- kendra, 06:10:00 05/14/02 Tue

i have to totally disagree with the last post. i think the brit (debbie) is the only contestant so far worth anything. my whole office gathers around when she is on and can't stop laughing. what a great twist it has on the show to have someone with such an interesting personality. she plays off jb and sandy so well. i've liked a few others, but none can hang with the queen of trumps... hahaha!!!!

[ Edit | View ]

the show -- Nikki, 22:23:20 05/13/02 Mon

Hey guys, I haven't had the chance to hear your show for a while now, but I was cruisin' through your website and came across your section for Kelly Davidson...I remember how touched I felt every time she spoke, and I wonder if you have heard how her family is doing. There was something about her...that just made everyone's problems seem so insignificant. Thanks for introducing so many Austinites to her on the radio. It really made a difference.

[ Edit | View ]

Supermouth -- Juliet Lawson, 19:08:16 05/13/02 Mon

Hi JB and Sandy,

I listen to you every day on my way to work. I am a captive I-35 audience for about two hours every morning while I am dropping off kids and heading into Austin.

I have to say that Ginger is still my favorite of all the Supermouth contestants so far. Maybe I am partial because I have been a fan of hers for so long! I disagree with a few of the posts. I think she does a good job when the people are trying out. She stays in the background if the people that are there actually have something to say. If they sit there she gets into the conversation. I don't have a problem telling Ginger from the Supermouths, but like I said I may be partial. It is kind of good I think, because it gives us something to compare the contestants to. We want someone that we like as much as Ginger. I hope you guys pick someone as cheerful and charming. It's so nice on the drive to work to hear a happy person on the radio.

Good luck with everything! This is really fun to listen to every morning. All of us with regular jobs dream of doing something cool like this!
Juliet Lawson

[ Edit | View ]

Supermouth (well, what else?) -- Debbie, 10:26:44 05/12/02 Sun

OK, time to put in my 2 cents.......

I think that Kelly Nutt (or however her last name is spelled) should be the next Supermouth. I thought she was great both times she's been on with you. I also thought Cody did all right, but my vote (so far) is with Kelly.

And I also agree with the others who have posted.....Debbie (the Brit) is funny, but I think it would get real old after awhile.

Anyway, I've been a long time listener of the show (even through the Dallas fiasco) and will continue to listen no matter who ends up being picked....Keep up the good work, guys!!

[ Edit | View ]

EARLY VOTES -- EMC, 18:00:42 05/10/02 Fri

PLEASE DON'T HIRE THE BRIT. SHE WOULD GET ANNOYING VERY, VERY QUICKLY AND SOON WOULD BE GONE. MY EARLY VOTE SO FAR WOULD BE EITHER FOR TRISHA OR CODY-BOTH CAME ACROSS GREAT AND THE CHEMISTRY SEEMED TO BE THERE. BY THE WAY, THE CONTESTANT THAT WAS ON WITH THE 'LOVE DOCTOR' A MONDAY OR TWO AGO WAS GREAT TOO!!!!! I DON'T REMEMBER HER NAME-WISH I COULD!!!! BUT SHE MADE AN IMPRESSION-I THOUGHT SHE WAS THE BEST SO FAR----GOOD LUCK-ITS GONNA BE TOUGH!!!!!

[ Edit | View ]

Debbie the Brit -- Marcy, 14:38:41 05/10/02 Fri

Hey guys, I just wanted to say I heard Debbie the British lady on your show the other day when y'all called her and I thought she was hilarious. I really liked her and think she would add a lot of charisma and variety to the show--don't you know she'd have different views and interesting input. My vote is for Debbie!

[ Edit | View ]

Can't do the BRIT -- Texas, 11:21:00 05/09/02 Thu

I listened to the call to the Brit yesterday and I am sorry...I love her accent and I love watching the Osbornes, but I can't understand what she says - even Sandy had to ask her what she was saying. We can't have subtitles on the radio. I am not a morning person and I listen as I get ready. I want someone who is easy to follow and gets along with the guys.
I loved Kathy (or Kelly) who was on this morning from College Station (and I am not an Aggie fan at all). She was a riot, energetic and very up-beat, perfect for the slow riser. I just think that the Brit would get old very quickly - can't do it for a whole year. Good luck choosing...
By the way, when is the decision made...this is going on a long time.

[ Edit | View ]

Too much distractions -- Catbell, 10:47:07 05/09/02 Thu

I agree with the comments below about the distractions with so many people talking at once. It is hard to figure out who is saying what. I love Ginger! Wish she could stay on!
If I had a vote, which I don't, I would vote for a Texan, someone local who understands the Austin area. The British lady sounds like she would be good, so who knows. Someone with an alternate view might be the best thing. Coming from someone half Brit myself, a spot of jolly old England in the morning might be nice. Tea and crumpets anyone?

[ Edit | View ]

Supermouth Round 3 -- BrokenLinks, 09:48:52 05/09/02 Thu

Just curious. some of the links on the site don't work. Like when you initially go to the site it says check out the Supermouth Finalists, but all you have are pictures of round 2. What about the round 3 finalists so we can see who we're listening to? Also for all of the people posting messages about sending in their audition tapes...They are on Round 3 for a reason. You are a few weeks too late and you'd know that if you listen to the show! Obviously if you don't listen you don't deserve a chance. Peace in the hood.

[ Edit | View ]

-- Kathleen Poulter---Tricias review -- Bianca, 07:15:17 05/09/02 Thu

Yes, you are being negative. So you may have not liked the fact that debt and cuteness was all that was talked about. Do you think that is her fault?? Should that be the judging circumstances??? Never. Also, lets take note that JB and Sandy NEVER talk about their personal lives. Yeah right!! Get over it. I really enjoyed listening to her. She was extremely witty and funny.

Future Contestants: Please make sure JB and Sandy do not "focus" on your physical attributes or your personal life.

[ Edit | View ]

Please update the website!! -- Cindy, 20:35:07 05/08/02 Wed

Hey guys - I know you're busy, but a website overhaul would be great. There are so many old elements still on the site like W.A.T. Wednesday, Chic Chat, etc. that don't apply anymore. I'd love to see those gone and see some pics of Digits and Casey up on the Cast Pictures. I'm definitely glad you put up pictures of the Supermouth contestants, though. From conversations you guys have had in the past about what listeners think the two of you look like, I know you know how cool it is to see the faces behind the voices. Just a thought about the website. Good luck with Supermouth - I'll be listening no matter what!!

[ Edit | View ]

wimpy -- Lauren, 15:41:52 05/08/02 Wed

What ever happened to Wake-up with Wimpy. That was great! I think you should consider putting that back in the show and posting more pictures! Thanks. Later days.

[ Edit | View ]

Supermouth -- Lee, 09:53:56 05/08/02 Wed

I really like the British girl- Deb I think. I heard her in round 2 and also today when you called her. She really plays off of JB and Sandy very well.

I meant to post earlier during round 2 but I couldn't stand those people that had the 'you knows' and 'like' really bad. Please listen and don't pick anyone like that. I haven't listed to enough to follow whether any of those people got picked for round 3 but that would drive me crazy listening to someone do that on radio every day.

[ Edit | View ]

I agree! - Take a break Ginger during Supermouth audition -- Terri, 07:00:58 05/08/02 Wed

I totally agree with the previous email...it's no offense to Ginger at all, but it would be better if Ginger took a break while the supermouth audition is on. This gives JB and Sandy better opportunity to bring supermouth into the conversation and build a rapport. I'm looking forward to the British ladies next audition! She has my vote, she sounds fun and easy to talk to.

[ Edit | View ]

Supermouth - 5/8/02 -- Keep trying, 06:39:14 05/08/02 Wed

I don't know how important listener input is to you, but this morning's contestant, Tricia, didn't work for me. Maybe it was the interaction, it seemed to all focus on how cute she was and how in debt she was and that she can't support herself, who cares? It's a radio show, we can't see her, we don't gain anything by flirting with her, (and there seemed to be alot of that) - just entertain us.

I don't mean to be negative. On the positive side, I really liked Missy, she seemed very likeable and someone women could identify with.

I do think someone made a point about not having Ginger so involved during the auditions. It kind of skews it because she is extremely likeable and could skew the perception.

Well, enough critique for today. I never usually post, just review, but I thought you might appreciate some feedback. I know it can't be easy to pick the person who will work well with ya'll and work well for the listeners, I wish you luck.

[ Edit | View ]

JB & Sandy Morning Show -- Kathleen Poulter, 19:08:18 05/07/02 Tue

I have been listening to ya'll from the beginning. My oldest son grew up listening(he was the one that got kicked out of school the first day last year....always knew I would have a claim to fame for something.....LOL)to you and now my baby will too. I have gone to other stations ocassionallly but always come back....my day doesn't seem to start right if I don't. I am glad to have you back in austin it wasn't the same when you went to dallas. Anyway thanks for making my day. Your faithful listener.....
Kathleen

[ Edit | View ]

SUPERMOUTH -- RENEX, 11:25:31 05/07/02 Tue

THE BRIT'S VOICE IS SEXY AND SASSY, AND WOULD FIT IN GREAT WITH YOUR MORNING SHOW. SHE WOULD GIVE THE SHOW AN EDGE.

[ Edit | View ]

Supermouth contestants -- cricket, 10:02:14 05/07/02 Tue

Please oh please do not consider "Thunder Ma Ma" for this JOB! She uses way to many catch phrases that she thinks people want to hear, and it gets so old! (ie." that's what i want to hear"..i think i have heard her say this about eight times in the two times she has been on the air!) She is way way way too fake for the show! I really think if she were to be chosen the show would go downhill fast as she would get very annoying fast! I have heard both of her auditions and that was ENOUGH for me!

[ Edit | View ]

Ginger should leave when Supermouths audition -- Dave, 07:34:25 05/07/02 Tue

No offense to Ginger, but she should step out of the room for an hour when the Supermouths audition.

Reason #1: It's a more accurate test of the Supermouth position when just J.B., Sandy, and Supermouth are in the room. This is "the mix" that will be working together for a year, so this is what we should hear on the audition.

Reason #2: Too many people in the room...Supermouth can't get a word in edgewise. I listened to one of the contestants today, and she said exactly 3 sentences in the 23 minutes I was listening. With J.B., Sandy, Ginger, and Digits in the room, there's no way to get a fair assessment of Supermouth.

Reason #3: Can't tell Ginger from Supermouth. If a woman's voice throws out a comment, was it Ginger, or Supermouth? Fans might think Supermouth Auditioner was really great this morning, when it was actually Ginger, doing her regular great job.

[ Edit | View ]

Dixie -- Jodie, 06:14:12 05/07/02 Tue

Okay, I don't mean to sound rude, Dixie (I think thats her name) she was back in Tuesday morning for another round of super mouth!! Well, she's okay, but the saying "yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about" becomes extremely irritating when repeated in just about every sentence. I couldn't handle hearing this saying every morning for a whole year!!! Can you?? TELL HER TO STOP SAYING IT....PLEASE

[ Edit | View ]

Dixie -- Jodie, 06:13:28 05/07/02 Tue

Okay, I don't mean to sound rude, Dixie (I think thats her name) she was back in Tuesday morning for another round of super mouth!! Well, she's okay, but the saying "yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about" becomes extremely irritating when repeated in just about every sentence. I couldn't handle hearing this saying every morning for a whole year!!! Can you?? TELL HER TO STOP SAYING IT....PLEASE

[ Edit | View ]

Supermouth -- Amy, 05:59:28 05/07/02 Tue

Hey, just wanted to say to put my two cents worth in about who the next Supermouth should be. I really like the girl from Home Depot - Chung Hu! (sorry about the spelling!) She really seems comfortable with you guys. I also liked Missy (or was it Misty?) from yesterday (5/6/02). However, I have to say it's a no go on Thunder mama....she doesn't seem to fit in with you guys.

[ Edit | View ]

American Sign/Baby Sign -- Lisa, 05:51:29 05/07/02 Tue

Hi! I have always enjoyed your show (especially Moms in Minivans) and am glad your back home in Austin! However...JB, you were off the mark with your comments on Baby Sign. While I agree that American Sign Language is of vital importance to the hearing-impaired community, I also know firsthand that Baby Sign Language is of vital importance to those children who are born with other "challenges". Honestly, it's not just something that "someone made up". My son, (you may have heard of him - he's the perfect baby up here in Cedar Park :) was born 14 weeks premature in July, 2000. He's almost two but still doesn't walk, talk or eat. He does, however, communicate with me with Baby Sign. And it's just beautiful! His OT's and PT's (the angels of ECI in Williamson County) have taught him and it's been a tremendous help in learning what my son wants. He's learning to speak some words (dada, yeah, etc) but he can sign when he's hungry, when he's "had enough", and many more including "I Love You". He will eventually use (& abuse?) the english language but an added bonus is that he can communicate with the hearing impaired because it's been proven that American Signers can understand what Baby Signers are "saying". Just my two cents. You guys are great! Lisa (Mommy to three genius-like preemies!)

[ Edit | View ]

Pick the Brit -- Don - Wimberley, 04:48:23 05/07/02 Tue

PLEASE!!! pick the brit, so far she's the only one that has come close to making me laugh.

Love the show keep up the good work!

-Don

[ Edit | View ]

What are the billing names? -- Jerry, 21:48:15 05/06/02 Mon

JB and Sandy,

It's not the same without you guys here. I was hoping you can help me out. I am looking for the listing of what names come on the credit card bill from Men's club. When you guys were up here in Dallas there was a list. Do you still have it or how can I find out? I would really appreciate it.

[ Edit | View ]

supermouth -- tamra, 19:09:25 05/06/02 Mon

trump-o-licious is the one i would like to hear every morning, shes funny and we could learn a thing or two from her. since we cant have funky or bridgette, lets go british

[ Edit | View ]

Supermouth -- Not Surprised who's made it to Round 3, 16:17:56 05/06/02 Mon

I've been listening to the morning show for quite a few years now. I love you guys but...I'm dissapointed in the way this Supermouth contest is being handled. Alot of people at work are placing bets that the winner is going to be some cute girl with no talent. At first I protected you guys...then I saw the scrapbook pictures. I think that because of listener's comments on the message board that you sort of picked a mixture of people for Round 2 and 3 so that it won't look like looks aren't playing a part. I guess we'll see what happens at the end. Maybe you should have just started the contest by saying "Only cute girls should apply" because it looks like it's going to turn out that way and many hopeful contestants may be just wasting their time. Thanks for listening.

[ Edit | View ]

Supermouth -- Not Surprised who's made it to Round 3, 16:12:34 05/06/02 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

Lose the Brit -- Austin, 12:37:23 05/06/02 Mon

I too love a quick-witted Brit, but I don't want it every morning as I wake up. Give the Brit the honorable mention...We want a Texas girl!

[ Edit | View ]

I agree -- Denise, 12:36:20 05/06/02 Mon

I agree with James... the contest is completely rigged. I know someone that interns there... totally a farce for more listeners. Well guess what? All the people that were listening for a while just left! Now go back to being the same boring morning show.

[ Edit | View ]

MISS YOU! -- Sami, 10:58:33 05/06/02 Mon

GOSH! I'm a Dallas listener- I last listened on March 6 (had a baby on March 7). Coincidently my bday is 11/26 like little Raleigh, I was so excited she was born on my bday. I am so disapointed to hear you guys have moved back to Austin. Sandy, you made my trip to work everyday a riot. You are such a goofball. I just love you guys! I guess its a good thing I get stay at home with my baby and listen on the computer.....

[ Edit | View ]

supermouth contest -- James H., 08:05:26 05/04/02 Sat

I think your contest is a farce, you have disqualified the best qualified constestants because of petty reasons. Seems the ones the listeners liked the best you feared the competition from. Were you afraid you'd pick your future replacements? Bet you don't have the cajones to post this message, good bye mix 94.7 I am switching stations.

[ Edit | View ]

Supermouth -- Denise, 17:31:42 05/03/02 Fri

The girl from Home Depot (Joung-Au?) has a great, soothing radio voice & I enjoyed listening to her tell a story. I think she would fit in great w/ you guys.

[ Edit | View ]

Vote for round three -- susan, 11:02:11 05/03/02 Fri

Just wanted to put mine and my boyfriend's votes in for the brit...Debbie, isn't it?! We love her quick wit!

[ Edit | View ]

Dallas -- Angela, 09:43:46 05/03/02 Fri

you are greatly missed in Dallas.....Wish you were here

[ Edit | View ]

Steakboys' remarks about Def Leopard's drummer -- Liz Miesch, 08:30:12 05/03/02 Fri

Dear JB & Sandy:

I have been an avid listener of MIX 94.7 for the past four years, since I moved to Austin, and I picked up the station when it moved to Dallas as well; however, after hearing the remarks that "Steakboy" made about Def Leopard's drummer, I am no longer going to be a listener.

"Steakboy" is lucky that I am not the station manager because if I were, I would have fired him on the spot, no questions asked. His remarks were tacky and I cannot listen to a station that enjoys laughing at another person's misfortune. I was SHOCKED to hear Ginger McKenzie laughing at his remarks as well.

It is unbelievably difficult for an artist to lose his or her opportunity to produce his or her art and still want to go on living. I was in a car accident in my first year of living here in Austin and sustained injuries to my neck and back and was laid up in pain for nearly 2 years. I am an artist and it was very hard for me to not produce my art and to live with the pain. I am fortunate in that I have learned to live with the pain and have recovered well enough to return to producing my art again (painter, potter, photographer, musician, etc.).

I hope for the sake of "Steakboy" and the other people who callously laughed at Steakboy's remarks that karma is kinder than I would be.

Signed, Liz--who will be listening for other programs that are funnier than yours.

[ Edit | View ]

Megamix -- Meagan, 06:42:34 05/03/02 Fri

Hey guys! I am so glad you are back in Austin and glad the Megamix is back! I missed it so much when you guys were in Dallas. I have one request, though...please start playing Tom Jones again! It just isn't the Megamix without him. :)

[ Edit | View ]

Digits and Casey -- Josh, 18:13:01 05/02/02 Thu

I was just wondering if you could put up some pictures of Digits and Casey.

[ Edit | View ]

The British Girl -- Josh, 18:09:28 05/02/02 Thu

I am putting my vote in for the British girl. She is great on the ears. And she seems like she would fit in with you guys perfectly. I have heard some of the other contestants but I think this girl will be a blessing to the show.

[ Edit | View ]

Courtney is your woman -- L Black, 16:32:17 05/02/02 Thu

I just wanted to cast a vote for Courtney Bulkley who is hilarious, outgoing and has a wonderful wake up to voice. I only hope you make the right decision and chose her as the next asset to your team. She's made the effort, I mean my God she drove from Cali, what else could you ask for?

[ Edit | View ]

supermouth -- becky, 15:05:10 05/02/02 Thu

Our office LOVES the Brit! We listen every morning and make our patient wait while we enjoy the show.
We also had a great idea for Gay Steven, He would be perfect new movie reviewer!!!

[ Edit | View ]

Supermouth Stats -- Debbie Suter Stubblefield, 11:15:04 05/02/02 Thu

MIX: Would you please give some Supermouth Stats?: Round 1: Total # of tapes received/reviewed. Round 2: The # who made it into the studio. Round 3: The # (17, I think) who will spend 1 hour. WHEN will they be on? Y'all are doing a great job. I tell such a HUGE difference since you came back HOME. No only is the topic of your format improved from "Big D", but your flavor/attitude/feelings are SO much more relaxed and sincere. When you (JB&Sandy) were in Dallas, I could feel the strain in your voices. It felt like you were "acting" at being alive, but not really living. So glad you are HOME !!! Peace Out! Debbie

[ Edit | View ]

Supermouth -- Paulette, 10:46:18 05/02/02 Thu

Love the show, love Ginger, could use a little more variety in the music you play on your show (trade CD's with the afternoon guys) and if Thunder Mama becomes Supermouth, I'll just have to load the CD's into the car and not listen to the morning show anymore. My loss, but she is not the right person for your show.

[ Edit | View ]

Supermouth -- Alma Craig, 10:18:57 05/02/02 Thu

JB, Sandy, Steakboy, Digits:

My kids (11 and 6) and I have tuned in to your show since forever.

For supermouth, I really like the gal that works at Home Depot. She sounds down-to-earth and has a smooth, even -toned voice that is by no means monotone, but also not saccharin-y, like the last girl you all called this morning (the one you told that getting the gig would go straight to her head...please, I can't listen to that shrieking every morning...!)

Anyway, I forgot the Home Depot gal's name, but you know who she is.. That's my pick so far. The gal that came from Federicksburg?Kerrville? (somewhere in the hill country) sounds too country. Please, we can't listen to that either every morning... I also like the gal that drove from LA but she seems like she wouldn't know when to be quiet although, I suppose that may be the case with any and all of your contestants. It's a turn-off when someone, unknowingly or not, seems to be trying to steal the show. I'm glad Ginger doesn't do that, she is a great choice for your interim.

Thanks for keeping your show clean enough for the kids to listen and fun enough for me to want to.

Regards,
Alma

[ Edit | View ]

Top 17 -- Martha, 08:34:03 05/02/02 Thu

Would someone please post the list of 17 Round Three contestants? Thanks!

[ Edit | View ]

supermouth -- linda mccoy-schriever, 07:39:49 05/02/02 Thu

debbie (queen of trumps) totally cracks me up....and i think she cracks jb and sandy up too! i think that there is no question that she is the next supermouth! if laughter is the best medicine...then Debbie is the DOCTOR!

[ Edit | View ]

super mouth contest -- Ethan, 07:26:52 05/02/02 Thu

I never even got to hear this Courtney B. from California, but she must have been something else. Everybody had picked her to win in our office pool. Cool Contest.

[ Edit | View ]

Nicole -- Rebecca, 07:12:19 05/02/02 Thu

Please for the love of God, do NOT have Nicole as Supermouth. I hear her this morning when you told she made round 3. If she is your choice I will never listen again. Her voice is too high and she sounds like Minnie Mouse. Plus the email thing should be reason enough!

[ Edit | View ]

Main index ] [ Archives: [1]234 ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.